05-25-2022, 09:35 PM
LET'S GO CELTICS

Killakobe81
05-26-2022, 10:04 AM
Nope 17-17 and now I am stuck rooting for light years ahead

MultiTroll
05-26-2022, 10:26 AM
18-12

:lmao Laker Phans in addition to stealing from a Minnesota town are trying to claim chest puffery over this:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/RU4AAOSwsrZiFQQN/s-l500.jpg

baseline bum
05-26-2022, 10:44 AM
I don't trust this Celtics team, they're doing the same thing the 2008 Celtics did being Jekyll and Hyde looking like world beaters one night and then getting blown out the next. Difference is Curry isn't going to shoot the Warriors out of the series to bail Boston out like we saw in the Finals in 2008.

Bynumite
05-26-2022, 11:41 AM
Not getting past GS. Warriors ring again without KD and Curry finally gets his FMVP.

Bynumite
05-26-2022, 11:44 AM
As long as the Fat Antonio Cucks don't ring.

Forever stuck in 5 and done purgatory PERIOD

Killakobe81
05-26-2022, 12:34 PM
Spur fan been extra salty lately Lakers are not even relevant …
But a lot of shots sent this way …

Is it because Luka is great and y’all have to deal with him for the next decade?
Is it because light years, the team that damaged your Kawhi and led him to walk the fuck out of the 210 (Side note) hear you guys have a new are code there so weird)
Or it because we fucking suck but still get covered daily (Did Juwan turn us down? Will we include a pick in A Westbrook trade) but no one is talking about Spurs?!
Or is it because y’all also suck but didn’t get a chance to get the beanpole Bsnchero or Jabari?!

Killakobe81
05-26-2022, 12:36 PM
We turned our years of sucking in to AD and #17
Y’all flipped Kawhi for DD he leaves and turns all nba Hahahahaha

Joseph Kony
05-26-2022, 01:23 PM
Nope 17-17 and now I am stuck rooting for light years ahead
clinging to Minneapolis banners from the 50s :lol

Brazil
05-26-2022, 04:06 PM
clinging to Minneapolis banners from the 50s :lol

:lmao

baseline bum
05-26-2022, 05:19 PM

Is it because Luka is great and y’all have to deal with him for the next decade?
Is it because light years, the team that damaged your Kawhi and led him to walk the fuck out of the 210 (Side note) hear you guys have a new are code there so weird)
Or it because we fucking suck but still get covered daily (Did Juwan turn us down? Will we include a pick in A Westbrook trade) but no one is talking about Spurs?!
Or is it because y’all also suck but didn’t get a chance to get the beanpole Bsnchero or Jabari?!

Prob because it's hilarious that you were supposed to be on the 3 or so title favorites talking mad about how Davis' injury was the only reason Phoenix beat you last year and you didn't even make the play in game. And then don't even get a lottery pick out of it either. :lmao

Killakobe81
05-26-2022, 09:18 PM
Prob because it's hilarious that you were supposed to be on the 3 or so title favorites talking mad about how Davis' injury was the only reason Phoenix beat you last year and you didn't even make the play in game. And then don't even get a lottery pick out of it either. :lmao

We still won a title with AD trade everything else we do before Bron leaves is whip cream and the cherry
You had Kawhi and then DD but you still shining shoes and ain’t won shit without zTimmy to hold Poops hands.
Rings before Tim: 0 (even with David and Ice man)
Rings post Tim : 0 (even with Klaw

Lakers win after Mikan, West, kareem, Magic Shaq and Kobe were long gone.
We will win (eventually) post Bron too

DMC
05-26-2022, 09:20 PM
Post Pau caught feelings

baseline bum
05-26-2022, 09:32 PM
We still won a title with AD trade everything else we do before Bron leaves is whip cream and the cherry
You had Kawhi and then DD but you still shining shoes and ain’t won shit without zTimmy to hold Poops hands.

Spurs were supposed to be a lottery team, they're rebuilding. You guys were starting four Hall of Famers and this was supposed to be Prime Anthony Davis, the one all you Laker fans were saying was better than Duncan two years ago when he had one good playoff run. Your franchise is playing easy mode being in Los Angeles and you're stuck in the shit with a worse record than San Antonio, a city known mainly for having fat people and for a bunch of shitheads getting killed at the alamo because Santa Anna was trying to take their slaves away. Can't imagine what RC Buford and Popovich could accomplish in a market like LA. If the Lakers and Spurs swapped cities Jeannie would have bankrupted the Lakers and Spurs would probably be waiting for Boston in the Finals.

Killakobe81
05-27-2022, 12:12 AM
You may be right Bum …
You want it the be one way …
But it’s that OTHER way … (In my Marlo voice)
I’ll take the 3-4 years of shit …if on average every 5-10 we winning titles. 90s was rough but we added 6 in the last 20 …
From just 2000 to 2020 we got more than y’all and tie Bulls
Man it’s fucking great to be a Lakers fan. Yes most of us are spoiled and entitled … but shit is lovely up here!

Btw no one gonna remember the 2022 lakers in a few years …but those 17 are immortal

baseline bum
05-27-2022, 12:39 AM
You may be right Bum …
I’ll take the 3-4 years of shit …if on average every 5-10 we winning titles. 90s was rough but we added 6 in the last 20 …
Man it’s fucking great to be a Lakers fan. Yes most of us are spoiled and entitled … but shit is lovely up here!

Btw no one gonna remember the 2022 lakers in a few years …but those 17 are immortal

2022 Lakers way more memorable than the 2020 Lakers

Thread
05-27-2022, 07:03 AM
You fucked around & you found out...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2818167/duncanmiss.gif

Killakobe81
05-27-2022, 07:38 AM
You fucked around & you found out...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2818167/duncanmiss.gif

Thread,
Timmy and spur nation wanted this one bad.
That Duke slap of the court on defense the intense look in his eyes
He could taste it he was practically frothing…no drooling
yes, at this point Timmy was not great at pnr defense …
Not even the rebounder he was just a few years prior
But I would have bet my life vs a bucket of shit, secures the rebound that his mates could not because the man was clutch
But Alas Poop lost faith he chose switching on D over having the best PF ever to secure this title
And hence, “they were selling your shit” was born
And The most famous “bang!” in NBA history was born
Every June we see replays of that moment … Bosh secured Timmy’s rebound the pass to the corner the feet shuffling to stay in bounds, the release and BANG!!!
Bum, I may never see a replay of anything related to 2022 Lakers again
Missing the playoffs sucks but is forgettable
Having a Finals ripped from your hands that you had win?! Dat shit stays
I remember 84 like it was yesterday…
85 was great one of my favorite seasons all time, hands down. But 87 88 00 02 02 08 09 or 2020 doesn’t erase it as a wise man once said … it still hurts
It doesn’t change what happened they still show mchale taking out Rambis and Maxwell stealing the ball when we play Boston - and I’m taking back to 84 every time
Lakers season been over and forgotten … but Bum, gets to see and hear Bang!! At least 4 x starting June 2nd and every other year that you breathe. It’s part of the Finals montage.

As for 2020 y’all trying to apply the asterisk to our title that Phil did to yours it’s not justified .. just hypocritical I actually stood by your team and felt 99 was as legit as any other but I’m made of sterner stuff than the rank and file.

ambchang
05-27-2022, 07:51 AM

I’m most impressed with post stern rings for you guys. Should be proud.

ambchang
05-27-2022, 07:53 AM
You may be right Bum …

People remember 04 and 12 like yesterday.

Thread
05-27-2022, 09:41 AM
I’m most impressed with post stern rings for you guys. Should be proud.

Absolutely, amb. He/Stern came in there and mandated Earl Strom ride herd & enforce stamp over the '85 Finals. It was Strom who fouled McHale out and sealed that ring in Massachusetts, not in California. That was not by accident. That was straight out of New York.

And we've suffered the sling and arrows of outrageous fortune as well. It doesn't just flow the one way as Boston found out, as then we found out as Cuban came thru, went door-to-door handing up one indictment after another to his fellow owners/OUR farm system. And things changed, the playing field leveled, we were forced to CHANGE, GD it!

Sometimes you eat the bear---sometimes that bear gets up all over you.

Thread
05-27-2022, 10:09 AM
Thread,
Timmy and spur nation wanted this one bad.
That Duke slap of the court on defense the intense look in his eyes

Indeed, Duncan, and the entire organization had been humiliated by Duncan's wife going public with their marital war, their laundry put on the line for all to see. Sure MSM persistently covered as well as they could, but still, we saw it all. They were this||close to winning that flag, resurrecting themselves from the ashes that consumed them when Duncan's broke just a tiny measure and he flubbed that shot.

Finally, they'd been touched.

Rummpd
05-27-2022, 10:29 AM
Lakers at 15** Kings officiating fiasco does not count and of course the pixie dust bubble exhibition does not either.

Killakobe81
05-27-2022, 10:45 AM
2022 Lakers way more memorable than the 2020 Lakers

Say you …
Bron is top 5 it may be his last title and he did it in purple and gold
It’s a title the year Kobe died who has only become more beloved in death … everyone wears his shoes, he the rapist - is now the model for girl dads world wide? Who would have thunk it after Colorado?! I know it grinds
It’s the only title won with no fans in attendance
Tied Lakers with Celtics it’s damn memorable you know how I know?
Because Spur fan sith protests to much … you even give it cute names - “bubble championship” Disney title and Mickey Mouse chip … like children name calling a sign that it matters. Y’all bring it up more than we do .. it’s just one of the 11 since I was born … for me tying Boston is all that matters .
But It sure seems special to Spurfan

Killakobe81
05-27-2022, 10:49 AM
Lakers at 15** Kings officiating fiasco does not count and of course the pixie dust bubble exhibition does not either.

Like I said, “pixie dust”
:rollin

baseline bum
05-27-2022, 10:56 AM
Say you …
It’s a title the year Kobe died who has only become more beloved in death … everyone wears his shoes, he the rapist - is now the model for girl dads world wide? Who would have thunk it after Colorado?! I know it grinds
Because Spur fan sith protests to much … you even give it cute names - “bubble championship” Disney title and Mickey Mouse chip … like children name calling a sign that it matters. Y’all bring it up more than we do .. it’s just one of the 11 since I was born … for me tying Boston is all that matters .

I never called it a bubble championship, but there aren't exactly a lot of big memorable highlights from that run that NBA fans remember even now only two years later. While the 2022 Lakers are the biggest failure of a season we have ever seen. No contest which is more memorable to NBA fans. And it's so rich that Davis was talking shit about they would have beaten the Suns with him in the lineup last year but yet they couldn't even hold onto a play-in berth with Davis back, losing it to the worst Spurs team in 25 years.

Killakobe81
05-27-2022, 11:08 AM
I never called it a bubble championship, but there aren't exactly a lot of big memorable highlights from that run that NBA fans remember even now only two years later. While the 2022 Lakers are the biggest failure of a season we have ever seen. No contest which is more memorable to NBA fans. And it's so rich that Davis was talking shit about they would have beaten the Suns with him in the lineup last year but yet they couldn't even hold onto a play-in berth with Davis back, losing it to the worst Spurs team in 25 years.

Wait which is the biggest failure was it Nash Dwight Kobe Pau or is it Bron Davis Russ? Or is it Kyrie KD Harden?
Again no one cares it only comes up as a cautionary tale when a super team fails …
How many championships have nicknames
You have the sixers fo fo fo run in 83
The drive for 5 in 85
The last dance
The asterisk in 99
The meltdown of 2011
And now the bubble pixie whatever spur fan wanna call it

Not many titles have a name I agree 2020 lack moments AD game winner only thing really close

baseline bum
05-27-2022, 11:10 AM
Wait which is the biggest failure was it Nash Dwight Kobe Pau or is it Bron Davis Russ? Or is it Kyrie KD Harden?
Again no one cares it only comes up as a cautionary tale when a super team fails …
How many championships have nicknames
You have the sixers fo fo fo run in 83
The drive for 5 in 85
The last dance
The asterisk in 99
The meltdown of 2011
And now the bubble pixie whatever spur fan wanna call it

Not many titles have a name I agree 2020 lack moments AD game winner only thing really close

2022 Lakers by far

Thread
05-27-2022, 12:19 PM

There is only a single true memorable (highlight/s) from that or any run...You win the last game you play.

That's it & that's all.

And we did that. When everybody else was distracted with the COVID, we tore James away from carrying Floyd's decrepit ass around with him long enough to win that last game we played and thus drew even with the Celtics. Now? Well, now I need State to stand up and act like somebody and win the last game they play.

Killakobe81
05-27-2022, 06:33 PM
2022 Lakers by far

Duly noted as I wear my nba official 2020 championship Tshirt I’ll remember 2022 …
Oh wait, no, I won’t

mystargtr34
05-27-2022, 07:23 PM

You sound like your feelings have been hurt by Spurs fans 😂. Take a step away from the interwebs.

baseline bum
05-27-2022, 07:43 PM
Duly noted as I wear my nba official 2020 championship Tshirt I’ll remember 2022 …
Oh wait, no, I won’t

Pretty sad wearing old title gear when you're in the lottery.

Killakobe81
05-27-2022, 08:08 PM
You sound like your feelings have been hurt by Spurs fans ��. Take a step away from the interwebs.

Nope I’m good …

ambchang
05-27-2022, 08:15 PM
Absolutely, amb. He/Stern came in there and mandated Earl Strom ride herd & enforce stamp over the '85 Finals. It was Strom who fouled McHale out and sealed that ring in Massachusetts, not in California. That was not by accident. That was straight out of New York.

And we've suffered the sling and arrows of outrageous fortune as well. It doesn't just flow the one way as Boston found out, as then we found out as Cuban came thru, went door-to-door handing up one indictment after another to his fellow owners/OUR farm system. And things changed, the playing field leveled, we were forced to CHANGE, GD it!

Sometimes you eat the bear---sometimes that bear gets up all over you.

You gotta be impressed they got Len bias and Reggie Lewis killed.

ambchang
05-27-2022, 08:17 PM
Indeed, Duncan, and the entire organization had been humiliated by Duncan's wife going public with their marital war, their laundry put on the line for all to see. Sure MSM persistently covered as well as they could, but still, we saw it all. They were this||close to winning that flag, resurrecting themselves from the ashes that consumed them when Duncan's broke just a tiny measure and he flubbed that shot.

Finally, they'd been touched.
Magic sleeping with men killed the entire 90s. It was also one of the most high profile sports stories ever, likely behind OJ alone.

Duncan? Only spurs fans and lakers fans know. And the spurs ring the next year.

ambchang
05-27-2022, 08:31 PM
Say you …

Like the 99*? The lakers greatest coach did it for 20 years with the lakers fans lapping it up and it’s perfectly fine but then the script is flipped and it’s like children.

Mitch
05-27-2022, 10:16 PM
17-17 just like how the seattle Spurs are 4*

spursreport
05-27-2022, 10:32 PM
Boston/Miami are both true pretenders. Warriors are going to handle either team.

lefty
05-27-2022, 10:34 PM
Heat and Warriors are waaay too inconsistent, can’t trust them against GSW

Congrats GS

Killakobe81
05-27-2022, 10:41 PM
Like the 99*? The lakers greatest coach did it for 20 years with the lakers fans lapping it up and it’s perfectly fine but then the script is flipped and it’s like children.

Scroll up and think back …
I never said 99 was an asterisk year at least if not joking
Remember I also said Pop was better than Phil and I will say it again here.

baseline bum
05-27-2022, 10:46 PM
Boston/Miami are both true pretenders. Warriors are going to handle either team.

Warriors aren't that great either. Just goes to show what an insane choke the Suns had last round, they should have cruised easily to a title this year with Giannis out of the way and with nothing but extremely flawed teams in their way. No matter who wins this year, probably have to go back to the 70s to find a weaker champion.

spursreport
05-27-2022, 10:49 PM
Warriors aren't that great either. Just goes to show what an insane choke the Suns had last round, they should have cruised easily to a title this year with Giannis out of the way and with nothing but extremely flawed teams in their way. No matter who wins this year, probably have to go back to the 70s to find a weaker champion.

They are worlds better than Miami/Boston though.

baseline bum
05-27-2022, 10:58 PM
They are worlds better than Miami/Boston though.

Yeah they'll probably win, but damn it's weird to see when they have terrible defenders in Curry, post injury Thompson, and Poole taking most of the minutes in the backcourt. Looking like whoever wins will be the worst title team since the 79 Sonics.

spursreport
05-27-2022, 11:06 PM
Yeah they'll probably win, but damn it's weird to see when they have terrible defenders in Curry, post injury Thompson, and Poole taking most of the minutes in the backcourt. Looking like whoever wins will be the worst title team since the 79 Sonics.

07 Spurs make a case too. Avoiding the Mavs, Suns self-imploded, and played a crappy Jazz and 1 man Cavs team in the last 2 rounds.

baseline bum
05-27-2022, 11:18 PM
07 Spurs make a case too. Avoiding the Mavs, Suns self-imploded, and played a crappy Jazz and 1 man Cavs team in the last 2 rounds.

I don't really see it. That was the one Spurs team that got closest to Prime Duncan, Prime Ginobili, and Prime Parker playing together and their closeout game of the Suns that basically wrapped up the title might have been the best game the franchise had ever played before that game in the 2013 Finals when Green and Neal went nuts on Miami. That was still a really good team that won 58 games and I don't buy the Mavs were the better team that year the way they seemed to run out of gas a bit late in the season.

Thread
05-27-2022, 11:21 PM
You gotta be impressed they got Len bias and Reggie Lewis killed.

Especially Bias, I was stoked back then over that. They was set and it went away in an instant.

baseline bum
05-27-2022, 11:23 PM
Especially Bias, I was stoked back then over that. They was set and it went away in an instant.

Would have definitely made the 87 Finals interesting. Not sure how long they could have held off Detroit though, Bad Boy Pistons are such an underrated team and Bird was falling apart by 88. Bias wasn't replacing his production.

ambchang
05-28-2022, 07:48 AM
Scroll up and think back …
I never said 99 was an asterisk year at least if not joking
Remember I also said Pop was better than Phil and I will say it again here.

You never chastised Phil for saying it though

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-28-2022, 09:38 AM
Spurs vs Lakers is a meaningless argument, IMO. San Antonio is not a destination city for spoiled NBA stars. The Spurs had to get extremely fortunate in the draft and then have supreme FO management in order to maintain and build the 20 year dynasty they put together.

The Lakers roll the ball out to their latest group of A Listers who clamor to play there because of the glitz, glam and fame that comes with playing for the more famous of the city’s two NBA teams. The Lakers can reload without trying. They can be completely inept in their front office dealings, but they’ll always have all-stars wanting to play there. When you truly dissect the way the Lakers are run, 75% of the organizations in basketball are managed much more intelligently than they are, but they’ll always ebb and flow their way to intermittent titles as superstars come and go through their doors, drawn to to LA like the ocean tides. The NBA needs the Lakers to stay relevant to sell their brand, and so they’ll always be relevant and in the conversation. The Spurs, at the end of the day, can be written off by the league and the only people who care reside in sleepy south Texas.

You can’t compare the two.

MultiTroll
05-28-2022, 10:33 AM
Boston inconsistent and no heart.

Tatums idol player was Kobme.

It shows.

Brown not sure who he patterned after but it sure ain't Duncans mentality.

Thread
05-28-2022, 10:41 AM
Boston inconsistent and no heart.

Tatums idol player was Kobme.

It shows.

Brown not sure who he patterned after but it sure ain't Duncans mentality.

...that [Duncans mentality] left 1 in south Florida, FOREVER, Mult.

ha, ha.

Ghazi
05-28-2022, 10:43 AM

2006 Heat

Ghazi
05-28-2022, 10:44 AM

2006 Heat

baseline bum
05-28-2022, 11:05 AM
2006 Heat

No way, Wade went into Jordan mode in the ECF and Finals and they still had a pretty good Shaq. 2006 Heat would destroy any of these teams.

lefty
05-28-2022, 12:41 PM
. 2006 Heat would destroy any of these teams.

baseline bum
05-28-2022, 12:51 PM

What's so funny? Wade was in god mode the last two series. And you think Draymond, Horford, Robert Williams III, or PJ Tucker is stopping Shaq? We're not talking 36 year old Shaq, we're talking 33 year old Shaq.

MultiTroll
05-28-2022, 01:56 PM
Can any opponent stop Warriors MVP?

https://youtu.be/1PNG3Ric1xE

lefty
05-28-2022, 03:36 PM
What's so funny? Wade was in god mode the last two series. And you think Draymond, Horford, Robert Williams III, or PJ Tucker is stopping Shaq? We're not talking 36 year old Shaq, we're talking 33 year old Shaq.

God mode as in needed the referees and a Josh Howard brain fart to be Dallas in 6

baseline bum
05-28-2022, 03:40 PM
God mode as in needed the referees and a Josh Howard brain fart to be Dallas in 6

Meh you act like shitty refereeing in 06 was somehow outside the norm. Officiating has been shit since the phantom foul that stole the Pistons 88 title away.

Killakobe81
05-28-2022, 05:43 PM
You never chastised Phil for saying it though

What?!
I thought it was wrong, but funny Phil a great troll
My fave was after the heat for the brokeback mountain joke
He apologized ti all the Cowboys and horses he offended.
Phil a overrated egotistical asshole but he is funny

lefty20
05-28-2022, 06:05 PM

You laugh, but those mfs would have a 8 on 5 advantage even on Steph era Dubs.

ambchang
05-28-2022, 08:20 PM
What?!

So he’s funny and not acting like a child. Got it.

ambchang
05-28-2022, 08:31 PM
Spurs vs Lakers is a meaningless argument, IMO. San Antonio is not a destination city for spoiled NBA stars. The Spurs had to get extremely fortunate in the draft and then have supreme FO management in order to maintain and build the 20 year dynasty they put together.

The Lakers roll the ball out to their latest group of A Listers who clamor to play there because of the glitz, glam and fame that comes with playing for the more famous of the city’s two NBA teams. The Lakers can reload without trying. They can be completely inept in their front office dealings, but they’ll always have all-stars wanting to play there. When you truly dissect the way the Lakers are run, 75% of the organizations in basketball are managed much more intelligently than they are, but they’ll always ebb and flow their way to intermittent titles as superstars come and go through their doors, drawn to to LA like the ocean tides. The NBA needs the Lakers to stay relevant to sell their brand, and so they’ll always be relevant and in the conversation. The Spurs, at the end of the day, can be written off by the league and the only people who care reside in sleepy south Texas.

You can’t compare the two.
Couldn’t have said it better.

Look at all the big name a list free agents in the last 50 years. I cannot think of any of them who switched teams but didn’t sign with one of San Francisco/LA, NY/Brooklyn or Miami other than Lebron to Cleveland (home town team) and Jordan to wizards (ownership). You can argue grant hill to Orlando (he was hurt and not an a lister), Garnett and Ray Allen to Boston (forced trades with collusion) or some over the hill guys.

Shaq to LA, Lebron to Miami then LA, Durant and Irving to San Francisco then Brooklyn. The spurs were the best run team and the biggest FA they ever signed was lamarcus Aldridge. Who did the trailblazers, sonics/thunder or nuggets ever signed? Even a team as storied as the Celtics never really signed anybody that big.

lefty
05-28-2022, 09:34 PM
Meh you act like shitty refereeing in 06 was somehow outside the norm. Officiating has been shit since the phantom foul that stole the Pistons 88 title away.

Pistons should have 3peated

ambchang
05-29-2022, 07:33 AM
Pistons should have 3peated

85, 88, 00, 02, 09 were all won under some form of questionable refereeing or another.

Then 2020 was a joke.

All these and they still had to include Minneapolis rings to “tie” with the Celtics for the most rings. Which other franchise can have 65% of their titles won under suspicious circumstances? They don’t make their own luck, somebody else made it for them.

Killakobe81
05-29-2022, 10:25 PM
So he’s funny and not acting like a child. Got it.

No he is a child, just a funny one, don’t be obtuse

daslicer
05-30-2022, 01:15 AM
What?!

Never found him funny all. He always came across to me as a lame troll the media loved because they needed shit to write. You can be honest and just say you enjoyed his trolling of Laker's opponents.

Killakobe81
05-30-2022, 01:46 AM
Never found him funny all. He always came across to me as a lame troll the media loved because they needed shit to write. You can be honest and just say you enjoyed his trolling of Laker's opponents.

He is not Chapelle or Burr …
He funny in a dad jokes type of way
Get your stick out your ass the bar is low for funny NBA coaches

daslicer
05-30-2022, 01:52 AM
He is not Chapelle or Burr …
He funny in a dad jokes type of way
Get your stick out your ass the bar is low for funny NBA coaches

More like get his dick out of your mouth. Like I said you enjoyed his trolling nothing wrong about it but it wasn't funny at all.

ambchang
05-30-2022, 05:34 AM
No he is a child, just a funny one, don’t be obtuse

So now he is. But he’s definitely funny first.

Rummpd
05-30-2022, 07:18 AM
Go Celtics, lessor two evils and coached by a former Spur. Anything but GW winning and Curry getting MVP is a decent outcome.

Killakobe81
05-30-2022, 12:25 PM
So now he is. But he’s definitely funny first.

Said it at the time …
I disagree with Thread’s political views
But one of the truer words he spoke about pussies and assholes blame officiating …
Same thing with asterisks or vacated titles etc.
Spurs won fair and square same as 2020 Lakers both teams win titles under same circumstances as their opponents

baseline bum
05-30-2022, 12:38 PM
Said it at the time …
But one of the truer words he spoke about pussies and assholes blame officiating …
Spurs won fair and square same as 2020 Lakers both teams win titles under sane circumstances as their opponents

Thread is just a much a pussy and asshole as he rants against, he blamed the officiating for Trump's loss to Biden.

Killakobe81
05-30-2022, 12:49 PM
Thread is just a much a pussy and asshole as he rants against, he blamed the officiating for Trump's loss to Biden.

Yeah, hence the political caveat ….
Agree very convenient that voting machines, district lines and the whole process that got Trump in 2016
Were faulty in 2020 …
but this is about Sport not politics

ambchang
05-30-2022, 01:47 PM
Said it at the time …
Spurs won fair and square same as 2020 Lakers both teams win titles under same circumstances as their opponents

Thread backtracks on every point whenever he sees fit.

My issue isn't that you didn't like Spurs fan asterisking the Lakers title, it's that you didn't when Phil did it.

Thread
05-30-2022, 04:05 PM

My issue isn't that you didn't like Spurs fan asterisking the Lakers title, it's that you didn't when Phil did it.

Horseshit. You're mad for 1 reason and 1 reason only...Duncan fucked up with that white woman from town and you're short 1.

ambchang
05-30-2022, 06:31 PM
Horseshit. You're mad for 1 reason and 1 reason only...Duncan fucked up with that white woman from town and you're short 1.

Got 5, how was that short one?

Thread
05-30-2022, 07:20 PM
Got 5, how was that short one?

They'd strung the ropes, dad.
They was selling your shit on the TV.

Just because Media let you off doesn't mean I'm going to, amb.

ambchang
05-30-2022, 09:40 PM
They'd strung the ropes, dad.
They was selling your shit on the TV.

Just because Media let you off doesn't mean I'm going to, amb.

So Duncan himself should’ve won 6. One more than shaq plus Kobe. Cool.

Thread
05-30-2022, 11:57 PM
So Duncan himself should’ve won 6. One more than shaq plus Kobe. Cool.

I'm just shocked it happened to ya's. You had that Midas touch, like Boston---did---till Bias. I was happier when they got touched.

FrostKing
05-31-2022, 04:29 AM
I'm just shocked it happened to ya's. You had that Midas touch, like Boston---did---till Bias. I was happier when they got touched.
I'm glad you have declined Lebron banner.

I was biggest Kobe hater and I realized because he was the closest player to my child hero.

Lebron will after he retires fall lower in opinion and it will ultimately Kobe vs James for Post 2000s position.

Top 8 Greatest Players
1. MJ
2. Kareem
3. ?

Magic, Bird, Kobe, Lebron
Bill, Wilt, Hakeem, Duncan

ambchang
05-31-2022, 05:50 AM

85, Boston didn’t have that touch.

Killakobe81
05-31-2022, 06:30 AM

I already said I didn’t like it when Phil did it what part of I disagreed but found it funny don’t you understand?
I disagreed with grab em by the pussy … but do find it humorous that our former president got caught saying it, same with I puffed but I did not inhale, or read my lips no new taxes. People say shit they don’t mean or that they shouldn’t and I don’t agree with it but find it amusing it was said. Same with Phil and the asterisk.

Thread
05-31-2022, 06:31 AM
85, Boston didn’t have that touch.

Please. Until Bias & what's his face nothing bad ever happened to 'em.

Thread
05-31-2022, 06:35 AM

Please. I never declined it. It's a number that drew us even with Boston. There is no joy in it; James linked it to that dead animal pickup in Minnesota.

FrostKing
05-31-2022, 06:42 AM
Please. I never declined it. It's a number that drew us even with Boston. There is no joy in it; James linked it to that dead animal pickup in Minnesota.
I hate Lakers more than any other American sports team. Even Dodgers stole my 1st baseman but have farm system team.

Your return to this forum was needed and appreciated. We chat later.

ambchang
05-31-2022, 08:01 AM
I already said I didn’t like it when Phil did it what part of I disagreed but found it funny don’t you understand?
I disagreed with grab em by the pussy … but do find it humorous that our former president got caught saying it, same with I puffed but I did not inhale, or read my lips no new taxes. People say shit they don’t mean or that they shouldn’t and I don’t agree with it but find it amusing it was said. Same with Phil and the asterisk.

I already said you get all riled up and triggered when spurs fans said it but was quiet for 20 years when Phil said it. How is it that when spurs fans said it it’s not funny?

ambchang
05-31-2022, 08:02 AM
Please. Until Bias & what's his face nothing bad ever happened to 'em.

Getting in the lakers way got them in. Stern worked hard and silver finished the job.

baseline bum
05-31-2022, 09:43 AM

I was biggest Kobe hater and I realized because he was the closest player to my child hero.

Lebron will after he retires fall lower in opinion and it will ultimately Kobe vs James for Post 2000s position.

Top 8 Greatest Players
1. MJ
2. Kareem
3. ?

Magic, Bird, Kobe, Lebron
Bill, Wilt, Hakeem, Duncan

LOL Kareem at 2 is ridiculous. The only best of the best big he ever beat in the playoffs was Wilt, and he was still 1-1 against him. Otherwise he got swept by Walton, blew a series to Moses Malone when he was a one man team in Houston, lost another series to Moses, and then got taken down in five by Olajuwon. Kareem is the most overrated player ever and if that coin flip had gone Chicago's way in 79 he probably never wins another title. Magic completely saved his legacy. Even with two HOF'ers (Dantley and Wilkes) plus a high-end talent in Norm Nixon at PG Kareem could only lead the Lakers to 45-37 and 47-35 seasons the two years before they drafted Magic. You're going to try to tell me that guy is #2 all-time? And the season Oscar Robertson retired Abdul-Jabbar led his Bucks to a 38-44 record and then demanded a trade.

FrostKing
05-31-2022, 09:50 AM
LOL Kareem at 2 is ridiculous. The only best of the best big he ever beat in the playoffs was Wilt, and he was still 1-1 against him. Otherwise he got swept by Walton, blew a series to Moses Malone when he was a one man team in Houston, lost another series to Moses, and then got taken down in five by Olajuwon. Kareem is the most overrated player ever and if that coin flip had gone Chicago's way in 79 he probably never wins another title. Magic completely saved his legacy. Even with two HOF'ers (Dantley and Wilkes) plus a high-end talent in Norm Nixon at PG Kareem could only lead the Lakers to 45-37 and 47-35 seasons the two years before they drafted Magic. You're going to try to tell me that guy is #2 all-time? And the season Oscar Robertson retired Abdul-Jabbar led his Bucks to a 38-44 record and then demanded a trade.
Haha i think you copy pasted

Kareem & MJ are my GOATS. Everyone has equal argument.

baseline bum
05-31-2022, 09:59 AM
Haha i think you copy pasted

Kareem & MJ are my GOATS. Everyone has equal argument.

LOL way to refute any of the points. Kareem was not that guy. What's really pathetic about that 38 win season in Milwaukee is it was in the weakest league the NBA had been since the pre-Russell days when it was nothing but white boys shooting set shots since a lot of top talent like Dr J, George Gervin, Moses Malone, Artis Gilmore, Maurice Lucas, etc were in the ABA. Kareem is overrated as fuck and Magic is seriously underrated. Without Kareem Magic still led the Lakers to 63 and 58 win seasons and a Finals berth, which is far more than Abdul-Jabbar did for the Lakers before Magic despite Kareem having strong talent around him.

FrostKing
05-31-2022, 10:01 AM
Kyrie is still NOT in my Top 75

The Gemini Method
05-31-2022, 11:12 AM
Can't come to even fathom rooting for Boston. Don't particularly like GSW, but as it stands, it would be a momentary irk if the Celtics were to win. Would amplify the choice of Ball over Tatum even more resonate.

Thread
05-31-2022, 11:27 AM
Getting in the lakers way got them in. Stern worked hard and silver finished the job.

& it took me to explain that to you. Me.

& Silver didn't do shit. Hell, he was working in the other, old direction.

Stern's vision to it; from a mom & pop corner store, hand-to-mouth year after year(Christ, the Finals were tape delayed in '80, amb!) parochial manifestation to what it is today. O'Brien, et al never looked ahead-too afraid-just behind.

Thread
05-31-2022, 11:30 AM
Can't come to even fathom rooting for Boston. Don't particularly like GSW, but as it stands, it would be a momentary irk if the Celtics were to win. Would amplify the choice of Ball over Tatum even more resonate.

It's moot now...just have to hope that State can take the first 2 because if they don't it's going to be very difficult to beat Boston at the end of this.

Killakobe81
05-31-2022, 11:38 AM

Gonna pause you there boss.
I’m not saying I would put him #2 but his HOF resume is stronger than almost anyone including MJ
I know you talking strictly NBA stuff but with the rings and MVP awards he is no slouch there either
When you add college and pro which are both in consideration for enshrinement ti the Basketball not NBa HOF Kareem got a superior resume to pretty much everyone else maybe it’s only him and Russell.
All this to say he agree he not #2 but you going a bit overboard… can’t say rings are a team success but kill kareem for missing playoffs or a mediocre record in a random year if a 20 year career

The Gemini Method
05-31-2022, 11:40 AM
It's moot now...just have to hope that State can take the first 2 because if they don't it's going to be very difficult to beat Boston at the end of this. That's what I believe as well. Ideally be up 2-0. can't be down 0-2. But Boston has been iffy at home so it may be one of those series where HCA may mean little. The rest the Warriors had may be the ace card since Boston has had to go to consecutive game 7's. Though that may be mettle for playoff success as it shows grit.

Killakobe81
05-31-2022, 11:42 AM
I already said you get all riled up and triggered when spurs fans said it but was quiet for 20 years when Phil said it. How is it that when spurs fans said it it’s not funny?

Not riled up at all just pointing the hypocrisy… but it doesn’t rile me up and I get it’s a turn about is fair play thing …
My point still stands both are as legit as any others wtf are we arguing about? And why is this a sticking point for you?
Comedy is subjective, the fact both titles count is not.

baseline bum
05-31-2022, 11:45 AM
Gonna pause you there boss.
I’m not saying I would put him # m2 but his HOF resume is stronger than almost anyone including MJ
I know you talking strictly NBA stuff but with the rings and MVP awards he is no slouch there either
When you add college and pro which are both in consideration for enshrinement Kareem got a superior resume to pretty much everyone else maybe it’s only him and Russell

Magic padded Kareems resume. No Magic he retires with one ring because if he was leading his teams to mediocrity in his physical prime no way he's carrying them to rings as the #1 into his thirties if Nixon is still his PG and Magic is in Chicago. And LOL college ball mattering in these discussions. Or are you going to argue Maravich was Top 10 all time too?

Killakobe81
05-31-2022, 11:49 AM
Magic padded Kareems resume. No Magic he retires with one ring because if he was leading his teams to mediocrity in his physical prime no way he's carrying them to rings as the #1 into his thirties if Nixon is still his PG and Magic is in Chicago. And LOL college ball mattering in these discussions. Or are you going to argue Maravich was Top 10 all time too?

I’m past arguing all time ranks at this point I give my thoughts on it if I feel but you can place kareem wherever you like just seems like your argument seems a bit over the top with most overrated ever part is all I don’t care enough to argue the merits much tbh

Killakobe81
05-31-2022, 11:50 AM
That’s what burns this will all be Magic fault tbh

Chucho
05-31-2022, 11:53 AM
The Celts are getting swept or losing in 5.

Nothing has changed since the semis. Dallas, Boston and Miami didn't belong. The East was shit per par and Dallas got lucky that Phoenix was a Chris Paul team. Dubs are going to steam roll them.

Killakobe81
05-31-2022, 12:02 PM

Nothing has changed since the semis. Dallas, Boston and Miami didn't belong. The East was shit per par and Dallas got lucky that Phoenix was a Chris Paul team. Dubs are going to steam roll them.

I hope so traditionally though I get nervous when an offensive team is an overwhelming favorite over a defensive one.
And though I prefer skill, with both teams healthy the superior athletes are on the Celtic side with Brown Tatum Smart
Wiggins is the exception and I think to win easy (sweep or 5 games) you need a rich man’s Iggy performance out of Maple Jordan (ha)

baseline bum
05-31-2022, 12:14 PM
I’m past arguing all time ranks at this point I give my thoughts on it if I feel but you can place kareem wherever you like just seems like your argument seems a bit over the top with most overrated ever part is all I don’t care enough to argue the merits much tbh

How is it over the top when a ton of people rank him #1 or #2 all time? Fact is Kareem led his teams to mediocrity when he didn't have Magic or Oscar next to him despite still having the level of teammates other greats have led to titles. If you don't care enough to refute the points you shouldn't have tried to argue tbh.

Killakobe81
05-31-2022, 12:29 PM
My only issue is most overrated ever but carry on, sir.
How is it over the top when a ton of people rank him #1 or #2 all time? Fact is Kareem led his teams to mediocrity when he didn't have Magic or Oscar next to him despite still having the level of teammates other greats have led to titles. If you don't care enough to refute the points you shouldn't have tried to argue tbh.

Thread
05-31-2022, 12:52 PM

Got to have the first 2, or, it's a series all the way thru. This State edition ain't been tested yet---have not undergone an ELE, so, (we) don't know. Therein' rests the key.

The Celtics have gone thru an ELE, 2 of them. Take the first 2 on the coast and it instantly turns into the old proverbial...4 in-a-row, OR, Game 7 in California.

Killakobe81
05-31-2022, 01:32 PM
Got to have the first 2, or, it's a series all the way thru. This State edition ain't been tested yet---have not undergone an ELE, so, (we) don't know. Therein' rests the key.

The Celtics have gone thru an ELE, 2 of them. Take the first 2 on the coast and it instantly turns into the old proverbial...4 in-a-row, OR, Game 7 in California.

Nervous Cully took 30 years to even that ledger and just 3 to tip it back their way?!
No sir. I need Kerr and his merry band of men to sack up like they got a pair of brass ones, plant their feet and kick the Celtics ass. From that bridge to bean town if they want to let them win a game in Boston to celebrate a chip in the new arena in San Fran I’m good
But to your point I don’t want this to sniff 7 games because Celtics may be built of sterner stuff
State is best when front running

ambchang
05-31-2022, 02:02 PM
& it took me to explain that to you. Me.

& Silver didn't do shit. Hell, he was working in the other, old direction.

Stern's vision to it; from a mom & pop corner store, hand-to-mouth year after year(Christ, the Finals were tape delayed in '80, amb!) parochial manifestation to what it is today. O'Brien, et al never looked ahead-too afraid-just behind.

Everybody knew. Don’t think it’s some proprietary inside knowledge CUB. It’s so obvious Ray Charles couldve seen that.

Thread
05-31-2022, 02:15 PM
Everybody knew. Don’t think it’s some proprietary inside knowledge CUB. It’s so obvious Ray Charles couldve seen that.

Yet I'm the only one who's cited it.

Me.

Thread
05-31-2022, 02:23 PM
Nervous Cully took 30 years to even that ledger and just 3 to tip it back their way?!

Unfortunately, yes. Though I'd be right in there cheering Boston on if it were the Suns in the Finals.

State capturing the first 2 would force Boston into thinking of losing instead of winning at 1-1, or, 0-2. Unless it's 2-0 this is not going to be that silly shit we've watched for the last 2 Finals. This is going to be vintage NBA wrought by Boston and engaged by an older and directed State team. Green has set the spike in the ground by "preferring" Boston. He knew they could take Miami with no problem. He knew Boston would have be handled differently and this offering addressed that supposition preemptively. Peace will not reign if Boston engages in San Francisco at the first. America wants it and so do both these teams.

FrostKing
05-31-2022, 02:55 PM
GSW hype so hot they already picking MVP winner

lefty
05-31-2022, 02:58 PM
It’s a team sport

There is no GOAT

Just enjoy greatness

FrostKing
05-31-2022, 03:01 PM
It’s a team sport

There is no GOAT

Just enjoy greatness
NBA is ideal for heroes and villains. Rare American sport without helmet.

Brazil
05-31-2022, 03:45 PM
It’s a team sport

There is no GOAT

Just enjoy greatness

:lol

Brazil
05-31-2022, 03:49 PM
I'm not a fan of all time great list shit but kobe is not a top 10 all time. He is, nevertheless, the goat of missed shots... and his crow is probably never getting away from him, 1,000 missed shots more than the closest second. :lmao

lefty
05-31-2022, 03:53 PM

:lol

ambchang
06-01-2022, 11:22 AM
My only issue is most overrated ever but carry on, sir.

True, you can pick any of the Lakers greats and they will pretty much automatically be overrated.