PDA

View Full Version : [NBA Draft 2022] Who is SpursTalk’s favorite prospect to select with the 9th pick?

Dejounte
06-02-2022, 12:58 AM
Almost forgot to do this this year…

(we all know the Spurs aren’t going to pick anyone listed in this poll, which is made up of consensus/ recently most discussed prospects)

mookie2001
06-02-2022, 01:22 AM
I think the board wants Mathurian.

I'd be happy with him or Eason or Mark Williams but shooting for those two at 20 seems smart.

Uriel
06-02-2022, 02:47 AM
OP, how did you decide which prospects to include in that poll? Players like Mathurin and Daniels have been shooting up draft boards and may no longer be available when we pick. Meanwhile, players like Sharpe or even Murray could fall and might be available when we select.

drpill
06-02-2022, 08:19 AM
OP, how did you decide which prospects to include in that poll? Players like Mathurin and Daniels have been shooting up draft boards and may no longer be available when we pick. Meanwhile, players like Sharpe or even Murray could fall and might be available when we select.

This. A poll is a good idea but revising the options makes sense.

John B
06-02-2022, 09:06 AM
I voted for Sochan. But Dieng could be a higher ceiling though. That kid has got handles, can cover the perimeter, block shots and hit from outside. Dang!

BatManu20
06-02-2022, 10:28 AM
Who I want (realistically): Mathurin, Sochan, or Davis

Who they’ll likely pick: Griffin, Daniels, or Sochan

rjv
06-02-2022, 10:36 AM
think i'm gonna wait a couple of weeks before casting my vote.

Dex
06-02-2022, 12:29 PM
I don't follow draft stuff that closely and so I'll just wait for the pick, then come back to SpursTalk to tell me why it is awful.

mo7888
06-02-2022, 12:32 PM
I don't follow draft stuff that closely and so I'll just wait for the pick, then come back to SpursTalk to tell me why it is awful.

Have no fear...half of the comments will tell you how awesome the pick is and how much smarter our FO is than anyone else....

rjv
06-02-2022, 12:36 PM
Have no fear...half of the comments will tell you how awesome the pick is and how much smarter our FO is than anyone else....

. . . . the other half will tell us how much smarter they are than the FO and how awful the pick is.

SAGirl
06-02-2022, 12:51 PM
lol Always a good, funny entertainment for draft night.
I did that when Derrick White was drafted. Had no idea who was who, who he was, etc. I knew a lot of people were upset at the pick because they wanted a big (Spurs really needed forwards even back then, and bigs). Derrick turned out to be alright. I think it was the big forehead and hair that really upset some trolls really. That has remained an interesting type.;)

Something to watch out for this next draft. :fro

JPB
06-02-2022, 12:55 PM
Wait, we're not trading down?

rjv
06-02-2022, 12:55 PM
i'm actually surprised there isn't an ST poster out there who hasn't put together a draft analysis based on the cranium sizes of the available picks.

SAGirl
06-02-2022, 12:59 PM
i'm actually surprised there isn't an ST poster out there who hasn't put together a draft analysis based on the cranium sizes of the available picks.
It would be a funny project. This board used to have a lot more trolls attempting to be funny.

My comment above was made tongue in cheek, it was definitely supposed to lighten up the mood. I feel tempted to cast my prediction on who the Spurs pick by looking at player pictures just for the giggles of it. I need pictures of all the picks in one location to make it easy on myself...
:flag:

SAGirl
06-02-2022, 01:04 PM
Wait, we're not trading down?
Well, it makes sense to do that to grab Caleb Houstan before OKC gets him with 30. Sure, Spurs could do that with 25, but that is a precious spots that cant be used on youngin project players, so why not trade down? Watch Spurstalk explode.
:lobt2:

KingKev
06-02-2022, 01:10 PM

Typical ST post draft stages:

1. Madness/cliff jumping; we are doomed PATFO fked up again!
2. Acceptance; I guess it wasn’t that bad, PATFO has had a traditionally strong track record
3. Euphoria; usually occurs when a rookie scores 20+ in a summer league game. We did it again! He is the new Tony Parker or Manu Ginobilli!!! We are staaaaacked.

I’ll do my best to reserve judgement but I hope at 9 we shoot for a layup and not from the logo

John B
06-02-2022, 01:22 PM
Draft Dieng this year and hope to get Wembanyama next year. French connection. :bobo

rjv
06-02-2022, 02:34 PM
It would be a funny project. This board used to have a lot more trolls attempting to be funny.

My comment above was made tongue in cheek, it was definitely supposed to lighten up the mood. I feel tempted to cast my prediction on who the Spurs pick by looking at player pictures just for the giggles of it. I need pictures of all the picks in one location to make it easy on myself...
:flag:

if i had to make a short list on the fly it would have to include: banchero, jaylin williams, walker kessler and leonard miller.

MultiTroll
06-02-2022, 02:42 PM
Luke Bonner.

Brother of Matt Bonner.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/Luke_Bonner.jpg

Degoat
06-02-2022, 02:46 PM
My top 3 are Mathurin, Davis, and Duren

I fully expect us to draft Ousmane Dieng, I’m not against it just sorta underwhelming

JPB
06-02-2022, 02:46 PM

"Fathead" is one my favorite nicknames eva.

offset formation
06-02-2022, 02:51 PM
Typical ST post draft stages:

1. Madness/cliff jumping; we are doomed PATFO fked up again!
2. Acceptance; I guess it wasn’t that bad, PATFO has had a traditionally strong track record
3. Euphoria; usually occurs when a rookie scores 20+ in a summer league game. We did it again! He is the new Tony Parker or Manu Ginobilli!!! We are staaaaacked.

I’ll do my best to reserve judgement but I hope at 9 we shoot for a layup and not from the logo

You left off 4, 5, and 6, with 6 being that dude is complete trash and please fire Brian Wrong now.

offset formation
06-02-2022, 02:52 PM
My top 3 are Mathurin, Davis, and Duren

I fully expect us to draft Ousmane Dieng, I’m not against it just sorta underwhelming

Funny because I'd be whelmed by Davis and Duren. I'm all about Mathurian and Dieng tho.

Degoat
06-02-2022, 03:18 PM
Funny because I'd be whelmed by Davis and Duren. I'm all about Mathurian and Dieng tho.

I feel like Mathurin or Duren gives us some edge that we just don’t have. Guys like Dieng are just typical spursy guys lol and I think Davis could be really good, people project him as just a starter but he’s succeeded in several roles in college

Dex
06-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Luke Bonner.

Brother of Matt Bonner.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/Luke_Bonner.jpg

The Return of the Boner.

Obligatory clip because it still cracks me up:

_W4EFrpP3qI

itzsoweezee
06-02-2022, 05:13 PM
The Return of the Boner.

Obligatory clip because it still cracks me up:

_W4EFrpP3qI

Can’t believe I’ve never seen this before. Just bonnerific

rascal
06-02-2022, 09:38 PM
Amazing there are 13 people who would rather have Sochan than Mathurin.

Uriel
06-02-2022, 10:12 PM
Last year's meltdown was particularly epic. The server crashed so hard, I couldn't even get the website to load for what felt like almost half an hour.

CGD
06-02-2022, 10:35 PM
I can’t see on my version, but was there a poll done? If so where’s did it land? Without seeing it I’d say from reading the various threads it’s gotta be Mathurin

CGD
06-02-2022, 10:38 PM
Can’t believe I’ve never seen this before. Just bonnerific

Yikes, just got flash back to the turd towers of Blair and Bonner. Those were dark days.

rjv
06-03-2022, 09:32 AM
I can’t see on my version, but was there a poll done? If so where’s did it land? Without seeing it I’d say from reading the various threads it’s gotta be Mathurin

so far, mathurin seems to be the ST favorite with sochan a distant second.

Leetonidas
06-03-2022, 09:34 AM
Hope they take a chance on Sharpe if he's still there tbh

rankingtear
06-03-2022, 11:03 AM
Sochan is too much a risk with his shooting for the reward of a high end role player. He is not Scottie Barnes.

RC_Drunkford
06-03-2022, 11:09 AM
I hope we trade up

wildbill2u
06-03-2022, 02:25 PM
I', amazed because my pick (Eason) is tied for 3rd in this poll. C'mon wild eyed fans, jump on the crazies bandwagon and root for the Wild Child.:smokin

SAGirl
06-25-2022, 02:01 AM
I think the groupthink got this one really well. Mathurin was gone, but Sochan was next.