PDA

View Full Version : Geico must pay $5.2 million to woman who got HPV from sex in boyfriend's insured car, court rules

MultiTroll
06-10-2022, 09:51 AM
WTF? This is after the appeal.
US Injustice system is soo broken.

Geico must pay $5.2 million to woman who got HPV from sex in man's insured car, court rules (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/geico-must-pay-5-2-million-to-woman-who-got-hpv-from-sex-in-man-s-insured-car-court-rules/ar-AAYhttQ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f15200d06b0a4e04a4fb8c5cace167aa)

If this shit ends up getting paid. :vomit:

SpursforSix
06-10-2022, 09:56 AM
WTF? This is after the appeal.
US Injustice system is soo broken.

Geico must pay $5.2 million to woman who got HPV from sex in man's insured car, court rules (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/geico-must-pay-5-2-million-to-woman-who-got-hpv-from-sex-in-man-s-insured-car-court-rules/ar-AAYhttQ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f15200d06b0a4e04a4fb8c5cace167aa)

If this shit ends up getting paid. :vomit:

I read this the other day. Seems like a stretch.

SpursforSix
06-10-2022, 09:57 AM
I guess this is the meat of the matter:

Geico appealed, claiming it never had a chance to contest the claim.
"But GEICO did have the opportunity to participate and defend its interests — including the ability to challenge liability and damages — by entering a defense of Insured," according to the appeals court opinion, which put the word "did" in bold italics.

MultiTroll
06-10-2022, 09:58 AM
^ Saw that.

Regardless, how in TF is the car responsible in any way, shape or form?

SpursforSix
06-10-2022, 10:04 AM
^ Saw that.

Regardless, how in TF is the car responsible in any way, shape or form?

I mean...the car is never responsible. For liability, they're insuring the driver. But I always assumed that was for when he was driving the car. This would set a crazy precedent. Imagine if someone rapes someone in a car and the insurance company is liable for that. I can't imagine this holds up. And $5.2 million for HPV? And she was a willing participant? How did they even prove that it was from this one particular dude?

MultiTroll
06-10-2022, 10:06 AM
I guess this is the meat of the matter:
Sounds like an episode of Ozark, literally.

Nothing more then a fraud attempt imo with the *judges* from Missouri in on it 100.

However, Maryland-based Geico has filed a federal lawsuit arguing the woman’s claim is not covered by the man’s insurance policy. The company said in an email Thursday that lawsuit will determine whether “there is coverage in this matter.”

Geico claimed it did not know the man and woman had entered into arbitration and, when it found out, it sought to intervene in the court case. The company argued the arbitration award was reached through collusion and fraud, violated its rights to due process and was unenforceable.

Blake
06-10-2022, 11:12 AM
Lol 2014 Hyundai Genesis

Reck
06-10-2022, 01:21 PM
That’s how insurance works.

Here’s more context.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/06/09/us/geico-insurance-std-settlement-missouri/index.html

Geico fucked up badly. They denied the insured person their claim. Then they refused a settlement put forth by her for just 1 million dollars.

The case was then sent to an arbitrator and he said you will now pay 5 million dollars. Lol

SpursforSix
06-10-2022, 01:31 PM
That’s how insurance works.

Here’s more context.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/06/09/us/geico-insurance-std-settlement-missouri/index.html

Geico fucked up badly. They denied the insured person their claim. Then they refused a settlement put forth by her for just 1 million dollars.

The case was then sent to an arbitrator and he said you will now pay 5 million dollars. Lol

"Just a million dollars". Why should they pay anything to someone who made a choice to have unprotected sex that happened to be in the car of their insured?
This is total insanity.

Reck
06-10-2022, 02:33 PM
"Just a million dollars". Why should they pay anything to someone who made a choice to have unprotected sex that happened to be in the car of their insured?
This is total insanity.

More like normal procedures. Insured car=owner willingly misleading his partner about having an STD=pain and suffering inflected on woman=you need to pay the fuck up.

you know Geico knows they’re in the wrong when they come up with cheap excuses about not being notified in time when in fact they did. Or that the insurance doesn’t apply in this case because car wasn’t in proper use or XYZ.

koriwhat
06-10-2022, 02:46 PM
More like normal procedures. Insured car=owner willingly misleading his partner about having an STD=pain and suffering inflected on woman=you need to pay the fuck up.

you know Geico knows they’re in the wrong when they come up with cheap excuses about not being notified in time when in fact they did. Or that the insurance doesn’t apply in this case because car wasn’t in proper use or XYZ.

Lmao Are you serious you dumb motherfucker? :lmao:tu

Blake
06-10-2022, 05:10 PM
This is total insanity.

I'm guessing they didn't read the fine print

pgardn
06-10-2022, 07:40 PM
So the couple stays together and they both are now 5.2 million dollars richer...
Wow...

Ok you guys with Geico insurance, you will help pay this lovely couple.
How could an insurance company miss something that is made to sound trivial procedure. Im not getting this.

Reck
06-10-2022, 10:13 PM
So the couple stays together and they both are now 5.2 million dollars richer...
Wow...

Ok you guys with Geico insurance, you will help pay this lovely couple.
How could an insurance company miss something that is made to sound trivial procedure. Im not getting this.

They're not together. She sued him. And then Geico suit them both. lol it's a funny read.

And in February of 2021, the woman sent the company a copy of the lawsuit she was about to file against the insured man. At that time, she also offered to settle the claim for $1 million.

M.O. has now won three victories in Missouri. But in April of 2021, GEICO sued both M.O. and M.B. in federal court, asking the court to rule that the insurance company isn't liable for the woman being infected with HPV, and that it doesn't have a duty to defend the man from her claims against him.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/10/1104134521/geico-lawsuit-std-hpv-insurance-car

I guess Geico has to pick up the tab for the man since it's his car that's insured.

Blake
06-10-2022, 11:31 PM
I mean, how could Geico lawyers fuck up their policies like this so badly?

DMC
06-11-2022, 02:17 PM
I'd like to see how they proved she got it from him, even if he has it.

pgardn
06-12-2022, 08:51 AM
They're not together. She sued him. And then Geico suit them both. lol it's a funny read.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/10/1104134521/geico-lawsuit-std-hpv-insurance-car

I guess Geico has to pick up the tab for the man since it's his car that's insured.

They could certainly get back together and have a good laugh in a Paris Cafe.
Then maybe laugh at the viral flare ups after that.
Oh and thanks for this article.

Ef-man
06-12-2022, 11:20 AM
I'm guessing they didn't read the fine print

Wonder if ruling would apply to home insurance too?

Imagine, Qchrisy could sue his parents for being an incel.

Blake
06-12-2022, 10:03 PM
Wonder if ruling would apply to home insurance too?

Imagine, Qchrisy could sue his parents for being an incel.

That's what's weird about this ruling. What about hotels and airplane bathrooms

MultiTroll
06-12-2022, 10:49 PM
That's what's weird about this ruling. What about hotels and airplane bathrooms
And why stop at HPV.
HIV, herpes, hell anything contagious.

It's a bullshit ruling in corrupt Missouri and will get overturned at the Federal level.

Geico isn't paying for this bullshit scam.

Reck
06-12-2022, 11:53 PM
Faggs is really invested in what a multi billionaire company has to pay.

Millennial_Messiah
06-13-2022, 11:59 AM
That's fucked up and what's even more fucked up is if the Geico CEO passes along chunks of this unfair ruling to the rest of its customers that did nothing wrong instead of the company eating the money or the stockholders eating it. Fuck inflation and fuck greedy big corporations that unfairly raise consumer prices in spite of salaries not going commensurately upward.