PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Where does Curry rank all-time?

DAF86
06-20-2022, 02:35 PM
Imho, he already passed Magic and Bird.

Jordan
Wilt
Lebron
Duncan
Kareem
Shaq
Curry
Bird
Magic
Russell/Durant

What say you?

baseline bum
06-20-2022, 02:37 PM
He's not better than Magic, get out of here with that. For sure better than Kareem and Durant though.

lefty
06-20-2022, 02:40 PM
He's not better than Magic, get out of here with that. For sure better than Kareem and Durant though.
I don't like to compare Curry to Magic, 2 different profiles tbh

They can't guard each other either

baseline bum
06-20-2022, 02:44 PM
No way I'm picking Durant over Olajuwon, probably not over Kobe either.

DAF86
06-20-2022, 02:51 PM

How is Magic that untouchably great, seriously? He couldn't shoot nor defend. If he hadn't been drafted into one of the most stacked teams of all-time, he wouldn't even be considered top 10.

baseline bum
06-20-2022, 02:55 PM
How is Magic that untouchably great, seriously? He couldn't shoot nor defend. If he hadn't been drafted into one of the most stacked teams of all-time, he wouldn't even be considered top 10.

You're overrating the shit out of Abdul-Jabbar. That was a team that would win 40-47 games every year until Magic got there. You're making it sound like Durant joining the 73 win Warriors. Magic was the Lakers. He was their break and he's the best ever at leading one.

lefty
06-20-2022, 03:02 PM
Rating Magic and Laker Kareem will always be a never ending debate
You can make arguments for and against both

It's also hard to tell if Worthy was overrated or underrated

DAF86
06-20-2022, 03:04 PM
You're overrating the shit out of Abdul-Jabbar. That was a team that would win 40-47 games every year until Magic got there. You're making it sound like Durant joining the 73 win Warriors. Magic was the Lakers. He was their break and he's the best ever at leading one.

Might be, I'm ranking based solely on stats/accolades/metrics. I didn't get to see them play enough season after season to make an opinion based solely on eye test. I'm just ranking Kareem ahead of Magic because he did win a championship of his own. He also measures as a much more complete player on both sides of the floor.

baseline bum
06-20-2022, 03:07 PM

Here's an argument:

Kareem leading the Lakers without Magic:
1975-76: 40-42, missed playoffs
1976-77: 53-29, made WCF got swept by Walton
1977-78: 45-37, lost to Seattle in the first round
1978-79: 47-35, lost to Seattle in the second round

Magic leading the Lakers without Kareem:
1989-90: 63-19, lost to Phoenix in the second round
1990-91: 58-24, lost to Chicago in the Finals

DAF86
06-20-2022, 03:08 PM
Bird is also a player that by any objective metric was better than Magic but usually gets ranked lower because his teams won 3 rings instead of the 5 Magic's teams won.

Bird could pretty much do anything that Magic did but with much better shooting and defense.

DAF86
06-20-2022, 03:10 PM
Here's an argument:

Kareem leading the Lakers without Magic:
1975-76: 40-42, missed playoffs
1976-77: 53-29, made WCF got swept by Walton
1977-78: 45-37, lost to Seattle in the first round
1978-79: 47-35, lost to Seattle in the second round

Magic leading the Lakers without Kareem:
1989-90: 63-19, lost to Phoenix in the second round
1990-91: 58-24, lost to Chicago in the Finals

Under that premise:

Kareem leading the Bucks without Magic :lobt2:

Neo.
06-20-2022, 03:13 PM
Bird is also a player that by any objective metric was better than Magic but usually gets ranked lower because his teams won 3 rings instead of the 5 Magic's teams won.

Bird could pretty much do anything that Magic did but with much better shooting and defense.

truth tbh

baseline bum
06-20-2022, 03:25 PM
Might be, I'm ranking based solely on stats/accolades/metrics. I didn't get to see them play enough season after season to make an opinion based solely on eye test. I'm just ranking Kareem ahead of Magic because he did win a championship of his own. He also measures as a much more complete player on both sides of the floor.

I can't look past Kareem not being able to consistently lead his team to 50 win seasons without Magic or Oscar. The year Robertson retired he led the Bucks to 38 wins in the weakest era in NBA history when a lot of top talent like Julius Erving, George Gervin, Moses Malone, etc was in the ABA. Not like he was on an island in Milwaukee either considering he had Bob Dandridge on the team too. Then forced the trade to LA and led them to 40 wins. At least he missed 17 games in '75 when he led the Bucks to 38 wins, but he played 82 games in '76 leading the Lakers to 40 wins despite still having a pretty solid Gail Goodrich next to him. 77 he led them to 53 wins but got his teeth kicked in by Walton in the playoffs. 78 and 79 very disappointing seasons losing to kind of meh Seattle team early in the playoffs both years. While having Jamaal Wilkes and Norm Nixon next to him both years and Adrian Dantley too in 79. Got beat by Moses Malone when he was a one man team on the Rockets in 81 when the idiot coach Westhead decided to slow the offense down and run it through Kareem. If Larry Bird or Magic Johnson or Tim Duncan or Shaquille O'Neal are playing most of the season they're taking you to 50 wins, can't say that for Kareem.

Dirks_Finale

Worthy seemed to get adequate praise.

I always felt like Byron Scott was underrated on that team.

baseline bum
Under that premise:

Kareem leading the Bucks without Magic :lobt2:

He had Oscar. Led those Bucks to 38 wins and then forced a trade the year Oscar retired.

Dirks_Finale
06-20-2022, 03:31 PM

Jordan
Wilt
Lebron
Duncan
Kareem
Shaq
Curry
Bird
Magic
Russell/Durant

What say you?

I like your top 5 a lot.

6-10

6.) Bird
7.) Russell
8.) Magic
9.) Curry
10.) Shaq

baseline bum
06-20-2022, 03:32 PM

Bird couldn't run a break like Magic, so didn't get his team as many easy points. Magic is the best passer the league has ever seen, as great a passer as Bird was. And please don't put Bird and defense in the same sentence. I think they're pretty close overall though. And Bird did get fucked having to go through Philly / Milwaukee / Detroit every year while LA got a free pass to the Finals in the 80s unless Kareem wanted to shit the bed against Houston centers.

Dirks_Finale
06-20-2022, 03:40 PM
Bird couldn't run a break like Magic, so didn't get his team as many easy points. Magic is the best passer the league has ever seen, as great a passer as Bird was. And please don't put Bird and defense in the same sentence. I think they're pretty close overall though. And Bird did get fucked having to go through Philly / Milwaukee / Detroit every year while LA got a free pass to the Finals unless Kareem wanted to shit the bed against Houston centers.

This.

Magic was a true point with great handles and vision, the likes of which has yet to be matched since he retired, tbh. Watching the no look passes and threading of the needle was beautiful.

I have Bird higher on my list because of his scoring ability and clutch gene, but he was not the passer Magic was.

FrostKing
06-20-2022, 03:42 PM
MJ, Kareem
Bill, Bird, Magic, Duncan, Lebron
Wilt, Hakeem, Shaq, Kobe, Curry

FrostKing
06-20-2022, 03:46 PM
When Lebron breaks many of Kareem's records. I think Kareem's legacy takes a significant hit.

Chris Fall
06-20-2022, 04:00 PM
I don't have a list in mind and don't feel like sitting down and doing a ranking, but taking more of a guestimation approach, I think Steph could probably rank somewhere in the 20-30 range all time.

He is without a doubt in my mind the greatest shooter in NBA history. That alone carries a significant amount of weight. Yet that by itself doesn't raise his entire game to top 10 levels imo.

"Greatest" is a term that can be interpreted different ways.

If we rank players who made an impact on or influenced changing the game, I'd put Curry up there with the likes of Jordan and Wilt and Magic and Iverson. I think Curry has had a profound impact on the evolution of the game.

Idk that I'd rank him nearly as high on an all time list because of that and his shooting ability.

TD 21
06-20-2022, 04:19 PM
:lmao At Curry ahead of Johnson, Bird, Durant, etc. because of the agenda driven national media brainwashing casuals into thinking their latest unprecedented opponent injury luck championship (no Murray, Porter Jr., Hardaway Jr., R. Williams and Smart hurt) somehow makes him any greater than he was.

Dirks_Finale
06-20-2022, 04:21 PM
:lmao At Curry ahead of Johnson, Bird, Durant, etc. because of the agenda driven national media brainwashing casuals into thinking their latest unprecedented opponent injury luck championship (no Murray, Porter Jr., Hardaway Jr., R. Williams and Smart hurt) somehow makes him any greater than he was.

:lol

TD 21
06-20-2022, 04:26 PM

He sucked last season, but he's still the highest paid player on the team and would have been a key rotation player (unlike Wiseman, who wasn't going to crack the Warriors playoff rotation).

Robz4000
06-20-2022, 05:13 PM
Curry is somewhere in the 12-13 range tbh.

Jordan
Lebron
Kareem
Magic
Duncan
Bird
Russell
Wilt
Shaq
Hakeem
Kirby
Oscar
Moses
Curry
Dirk
Dominos

FrostKing
06-20-2022, 05:24 PM

Jordan
Lebron
Kareem
Magic
Duncan
Bird
Russell
Wilt
Shaq
Hakeem
Kirby
Oscar
Moses
Curry
Dirk
Dominos
West, Dr.J and Mikan

Robz4000
06-20-2022, 05:27 PM
West, Dr.J and Mikan

Dr J is around 15 tbh, could swap him in for Dominos. I have West in the 20-25 range myself. As for Mikan...:lol

Down Under
06-20-2022, 07:32 PM
I'd have him 10-12 range all time. Neck & Neck with KD as 2nd best player of the past decade.

Arcadian
06-20-2022, 07:45 PM
20-25

How are some of you going to put Curry above David Robinson? Dave was too great of a 2-way player to be passed by a little guy shooter.

MultiTroll
06-20-2022, 08:00 PM
Curry sure has had some tough defensive assignments in his media entertainment titles run.

The latest being those sharp-as-a-tack Boston geniuses and Ime's offense.

DAF86
06-20-2022, 08:18 PM
I don't have a list in mind and don't feel like sitting down and doing a ranking, but taking more of a guestimation approach, I think Steph could probably rank somewhere in the 20-30 range all time.

He is without a doubt in my mind the greatest shooter in NBA history. That alone carries a significant amount of weight. Yet that by itself doesn't raise his entire game to top 10 levels imo.

"Greatest" is a term that can be interpreted different ways.

If we rank players who made an impact on or influenced changing the game, I'd put Curry up there with the likes of Jordan and Wilt and Magic and Iverson. I think Curry has had a profound impact on the evolution of the game.

Idk that I'd rank him nearly as high on an all time list because of that and his shooting ability.

What? :lol

Curry is one of the most dominant players the league has ever seen. He's Shaq like in the way he bends defenses with his mere presence. How the fuck do you rank 20 or 30 guys ahead of him? Sorry, but that has to be one of the dumbest takes I've read here, and that's saying something. :lol

DAF86
06-20-2022, 08:22 PM

He isn't a better player than he was in 2015, but he is indeed "greater". Consistency and longevity play a key role when comparing greats, that's why Duncan is as great as he is.

Besides, it's not like Curry's peak wasn't one of the greatest of all-time. Alongside Shaq, the most dominant offensive player I've ever seen.

DAF86
06-20-2022, 08:26 PM

Jordan
Lebron
Kareem
Magic
Duncan
Bird
Russell
Wilt
Shaq
Hakeem
Kirby
Oscar
Moses
Curry
Dirk
Dominos

How are folks ranking guys that won only 2 rings or less as the top dog, ahead of a guy that won 4 on that role and is one of the most dominant players ever? :lol

There isn't a scenario where folks like Kobe, Hakeem, Oscar or Moses are ahead of Curry.

DAF86
06-20-2022, 08:27 PM
20-25

How are some of you going to put Curry above David Robinson? Dave was too great of a 2-way player to be passed by a little guy shooter.

Read above.

Robz4000
06-20-2022, 08:30 PM
How are folks ranking guys that won only 2 rings or less as the top dog, ahead of a guy that won 4 on that role and is one of the most dominant players ever? :lol

There isn't a scenario where folks like Kobe, Hakeem, Oscar or Moses are ahead of Curry.

Because he begged another all-time great to join his team and won two of them with him. Both Dominos and Curry are deducted points for that.

DAF86
06-20-2022, 08:32 PM
Because he begged another all-time great to join his team and won two of them with him. Both Dominos and Curry are deducted points for that.

Do Kobe, Shaq, MJ, Magic, Kareem, Bird get deducted points too?

Robz4000
06-20-2022, 08:35 PM
Do Kobe, Shaq, MJ, Magic, Kareem, Bird get deducted points too?

None of them begged or forced trades for another all-timer to join their team after choking in the Finals.

DAF86
06-20-2022, 08:51 PM
None of them begged or forced trades for another all-timer to join their team after choking in the Finals.

Actually most (if not all) of those guys begged for a lot of trades, tbh. :lol

lefty
06-20-2022, 08:57 PM

Curry is bettee than Kobe and Oscar, but rings shouldn’t be an argument when it comes to ranking players
its a team game

DAF86
06-20-2022, 09:03 PM
Curry is bettee than Kobe and Oscar, but rings shouldn’t be an argument when it comes to ranking players
its a team game

Sure, but when a guy is so clearly influential in the acquisition of said rings, it does matter a little. But fine, don't look at rings, just go look at the on/off impact stats that Curry had on those championships teams.

lefty
06-20-2022, 09:04 PM
Bird couldn't run a break like Magic, so didn't get his team as many easy points. Magic is the best passer the league has ever seen, as great a passer as Bird was. And please don't put Bird and defense in the same sentence. I think they're pretty close overall though. And Bird did get fucked having to go through Philly / Milwaukee / Detroit every year while LA got a free pass to the Finals in the 80s unless Kareem wanted to shit the bed against Houston centers.
Bird is a better passer than Magic
Bird could thread the needle and manufacture amazing assists with insane reaction time in crowded areas

Anybody can pass the ball in 3 vs 1 fast breaks or when a midget is guarding you

DAF86
06-20-2022, 09:09 PM
Yeah, I don't buy the "Magic was a much better passer" argument. Bird could pretty much make any pass in the game. Magic being a PG and getting more assists doesn't automatically mean he's the better passer.

Spurs fans can take Manu and Tony as example. Tony always averaged more assists because he was the PG and had the ball in his hands more, but any Spurs fan with a functional brain knows Manu was the much better passer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Bird was a better passer than Magic (I'm not saying he wasn't either), I'm just saying that both were great passer and there isn't a big difference. Like it does exist in the shooting department between these two, for example.

Robz4000
06-20-2022, 09:24 PM
Actually most (if not all) of those guys begged for a lot of trades, tbh. :lol

None of them did it after being one win away from a championship against an inferior team, nor did they do so for a player of Dominos' caliber. It was one of the softest moves on both sides I've ever seen.

baseline bum
06-20-2022, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I don't buy the "Magic was a much better passer" argument. Bird could pretty much make any pass in the game. Magic being a PG and getting more assists doesn't automatically mean he's the better passer.

Spurs fans can take Manu and Tony as example. Tony always averaged more assists because he was the PG and had the ball in his hands more, but any Spurs fan with a functional brain knows Manu was the much better passer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Bird was a better passer than Magic (I'm not saying he wasn't either), I'm just saying that both were great passer and there isn't a big difference. Like it does exist in the shooting department between these two, for example.

You said you never even watched these guys when they played though. Magic was a revolutionary point guard who would throw pinpoint baseball passes to get guys easy layups all the time. Bird couldn't do that shit, no one other than Magic could find those holes in the defense. It was funny because soft ass Kareem used to bitch about Magic throwing the ball too hard, to which he was told just fucking catch the ball. Magic always knew where guys were and would make no look passes all the time that the defense never could anticipate. Magic's gotta be the smartest player I have ever seen, he makes Manu's BBIQ look like Marcus Smart's.

baseline bum
06-20-2022, 10:35 PM
Not trying to diminish Bird by any means. Bird was an absolute elite passer too, just not at the level of Magic there. And excellent on the break, just not Magic level on it. Got no real problem if you want to rank Bird over Magic because he was a nasty scorer with one of the greatest peaks I have ever seen, which is why I'd probably rate him over Duncan with two less rings and half as long a career much as it pains me to say it.

Chris Fall
06-20-2022, 11:08 PM
What? :lol

Curry is one of the most dominant players the league has ever seen. He's Shaq like in the way he bends defenses with his mere presence. How the fuck do you rank 20 or 30 guys ahead of him? Sorry, but that has to be one of the dumbest takes I've read here, and that's saying something. :lol

You have every right to believe what you believe. This type of shit is all subjective. And when you get into these topics of all time greats, realize that when you're talking top 20, top 30 all time, all of those players in that range are/were bonafide stud superstars. And you start nit-picking based on your personal, and again subjective, preferences in a player, likes and dislikes, what team they played for, and whether you even like the player personally. So have all the appalled faux disbelief in my opinion you want. End of the day, it's an opinion, same as yours.

I'll start by responding to your comment about ranking guys ahead of Curry who have 2 or fewer titles as top dog like Hakeem, Kobe, Dirk, etc. Well, that's because one could argue that Curry's 2nd and 3rd titles when Durant was on the team, Curry wasn't the top dog of those teams either. And then further, you can diminish the quality of his first title because the opposing team's injuries. Not take the title away, just diminish how great of a title run it was, plus he didn't even win FMVP. So that's how. The way you discredit several of Kobe's titles, one could do the same with 3 if Curry's rings.

I don't use one specific thing, category, accomplishment to rank players. It's not just titles. It's not just individual stats. It's not just advanced stats or quality of competition or era comparison or transcendent impact on the game. It's not just one of those. It's all of those, plus more. The variables are endless. And it's why in these discussions, there's no true right or wrong.

Anyway, I didn't really want to do it. But I acquiesce to your challenge of how dumb you believe my take was. So here are 19 players I personally rank ahead of Steph, not in specific order, but roughly in order:

Jordan, LeBron, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Duncan, Hakeem, Russell, Kobe, Durant, Oscar, Moses, Dr. J, Dirk, KG, Jerry, Zeke.

And some will find some of those names to be preposterous as well. That's fine too. You don't have to agree or accept the opinion. Opinions, assholes, that old quip.

Here are another handful of names I rank behind Steph but I think could have an argument over him depending what kinds of factors you use to rank:

Elgin, Pistol Pete, AI, DRob, Harden, Russ, Barkley, Wade, CP3...

Now to be clear, I don't think CP3 is higher than Steph. And come to think of it, I don't know where I'd even rank him. But I included him to make a point. His career advanced stats regard him as like a top 10 player. So if someone ranked players based on career advanced stats, there's an argument.

Anyway, believe what you want. I'll do the same.

TD 21
06-20-2022, 11:15 PM
He isn't a better player than he was in 2015, but he is indeed "greater". Consistency and longevity play a key role when comparing greats, that's why Duncan is as great as he is.

Besides, it's not like Curry's peak wasn't one of the greatest of all-time. Alongside Shaq, the most dominant offensive player I've ever seen.

Agreed, but he has no credible argument for being better than those players. He's as great as a small guard could possibly be, but at the highest level this league will always be ruled by size.

Yeah, so great that he's only been able to win championships with unprecedented opponent injury luck and by begging one of the two better players of his generation to join his single season record setting team, whose core were in their early prime. What a competitor.

FrostKing
06-20-2022, 11:19 PM
Curry would never handle a muggy Wednesday at the Detroit Palace running off screens against Isiah

Chris Fall
06-20-2022, 11:31 PM
Isiah is woefully undervalued by most fans, even analysts and media. He's the only superstar of his time that can boast beating all three of Magic, Bird, and Michael in their primes. Leading his team to B2B titles right smack in the middle of the Golden Era of NBA basketball.

Inch for inch, pound for pound, as good as any player on every all time list, including Michael, Wilt, and LeBron.

lefty
06-21-2022, 12:12 AM
Curry warps the dimensions of the court

Look at how teams defend GS when Curry is on the court vs whrn he’s not

Dude is a monster, like DAF said he’s like Shaq, his mere presence on the court changes everything

DMC
06-21-2022, 12:13 AM
Curry isn't better than Durant. He didn't even make the playoffs in 2021. If Durant had the same team Curry had that season, he would have made the playoffs. Better players don't play 2nd fiddle to worse players. Both on the floor at the same time in 2 consecutive finals, Durant showed he was the better, more effective player and was rewarded the MVP for it each time. Where Curry surpasses Durant is obviously in his shooting but also in his demeanor. KD has a chip on his shoulder. Else he stays in Oakland and they win 5 or more.

DMC
06-21-2022, 12:15 AM

Dude is a monster, like DAF said he’s like Shaq, his mere presence on the court changes everything

This is true for KD as well, though not the same range. The difference is you cannot actually guard KD at the 3. He can pretty much shoot over anyone in the league most of the time. He just likes to be paired with career stat chasers or head cases.

Isitjustme?
06-21-2022, 12:39 AM
Bird couldn't run a break like Magic, so didn't get his team as many easy points. Magic is the best passer the league has ever seen, as great a passer as Bird was. And please don't put Bird and defense in the same sentence.

Not going to pretend I watched him play a lot Bird had awesome defensive metrics his first like five seasons in the league and solid ones other years in various different modern defensive measurements. He also made the all-defensive team three times in those early years so its not like it was just stat nerds that liked him.

Robz4000
06-21-2022, 12:49 AM

As do most superstars tbh.

Rummpd
06-21-2022, 05:46 AM

Jordan
Wilt
Lebron
Duncan
Kareem
Shaq
Curry
Bird
Magic
Russell/Durant

What say you?

Passed Magic and Bird? No friggin way

Killakobe81
06-21-2022, 06:12 AM

Fair all around. Magic and Bird were good help defenders nothing more. Magic bring a guard had tougher assignments. Magic is the better passer clearly Bird the better shooter and rebounder.

DAF86
06-21-2022, 11:28 AM
You said you never even watched these guys when they played though. Magic was a revolutionary point guard who would throw pinpoint baseball passes to get guys easy layups all the time. Bird couldn't do that shit, no one other than Magic could find those holes in the defense. It was funny because soft ass Kareem used to bitch about Magic throwing the ball too hard, to which he was told just fucking catch the ball. Magic always knew where guys were and would make no look passes all the time that the defense never could anticipate. Magic's gotta be the smartest player I have ever seen, he makes Manu's BBIQ look like Marcus Smart's.

I said I didn't watch them enough, season after season. I've seen plenty full games of them and highlights to know the kind of passers they were.

baseline bum
06-21-2022, 11:31 AM
I said I didn't watch them enough, season after season. I've seen plenty full games of them and highlights to know the kind of passers they were.

LOL highlights. I remember when Andre Drummond looked like he'd be an elite passer from highlights.

DAF86
06-21-2022, 11:39 AM
You have every right to believe what you believe. This type of shit is all subjective. And when you get into these topics of all time greats, realize that when you're talking top 20, top 30 all time, all of those players in that range are/were bonafide stud superstars. And you start nit-picking based on your personal, and again subjective, preferences in a player, likes and dislikes, what team they played for, and whether you even like the player personally. So have all the appalled faux disbelief in my opinion you want. End of the day, it's an opinion, same as yours.

I'll start by responding to your comment about ranking guys ahead of Curry who have 2 or fewer titles as top dog like Hakeem, Kobe, Dirk, etc. Well, that's because one could argue that Curry's 2nd and 3rd titles when Durant was on the team, Curry wasn't the top dog of those teams either. And then further, you can diminish the quality of his first title because the opposing team's injuries. Not take the title away, just diminish how great of a title run it was, plus he didn't even win FMVP. So that's how. The way you discredit several of Kobe's titles, one could do the same with 3 if Curry's rings.

I don't use one specific thing, category, accomplishment to rank players. It's not just titles. It's not just individual stats. It's not just advanced stats or quality of competition or era comparison or transcendent impact on the game. It's not just one of those. It's all of those, plus more. The variables are endless. And it's why in these discussions, there's no true right or wrong.

Anyway, I didn't really want to do it. But I acquiesce to your challenge of how dumb you believe my take was. So here are 19 players I personally rank ahead of Steph, not in specific order, but roughly in order:

Jordan, LeBron, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Duncan, Hakeem, Russell, Kobe, Durant, Oscar, Moses, Dr. J, Dirk, KG, Jerry, Zeke.

And some will find some of those names to be preposterous as well. That's fine too. You don't have to agree or accept the opinion. Opinions, assholes, that old quip.

Here are another handful of names I rank behind Steph but I think could have an argument over him depending what kinds of factors you use to rank:

Elgin, Pistol Pete, AI, DRob, Harden, Russ, Barkley, Wade, CP3...

Now to be clear, I don't think CP3 is higher than Steph. And come to think of it, I don't know where I'd even rank him. But I included him to make a point. His career advanced stats regard him as like a top 10 player. So if someone ranked players based on career advanced stats, there's an argument.

Anyway, believe what you want. I'll do the same.

Sure, it's all subjective, but if I were to say there are 15 folks better than Jordan, everyone would say my opinion is retarded. The same applies here, there aren't 20 or 30 players better than Curry in the history of the game, and it's not a matter of likes or dislikes. I have been actively rooting against the Warriors and Curry ever since they became a juggermaut, but at some point you just gotta acknowledge greatness.

DAF86
06-21-2022, 11:43 AM
Curry isn't better than Durant. He didn't even make the playoffs in 2021. If Durant had the same team Curry had that season, he would have made the playoffs. Better players don't play 2nd fiddle to worse players. Both on the floor at the same time in 2 consecutive finals, Durant showed he was the better, more effective player and was rewarded the MVP for it each time. Where Curry surpasses Durant is obviously in his shooting but also in his demeanor. KD has a chip on his shoulder. Else he stays in Oakland and they win 5 or more.

Swap Curry for Durant in those Warriors teams and they don't win any championship. Curry without Durant has 2, while Kevin keeps on choking alongside MVPs and all-NBA players.

The Gemini Method
06-21-2022, 11:53 AM
Eh, all-time lists are purely subjective and there will never be a definitive answer. However, Curry's book isn't finished yet. So it'll be interesting to see.

ambchang
06-21-2022, 12:28 PM

Bird can make those limping passes alright. But you are right magic is very good at finding that hole.

lefty
06-21-2022, 12:54 PM
Magic also threw pinpoint accurate passes to Celtics players in 1984 :lol

ambchang
06-21-2022, 02:02 PM
Ranking is based on narratives which is based on circumstances. People routinely cite bird and magic saving the league but if they played in an era when the league was flourishing and they got the same accolades stats everything else does that make them less great? I’d say not, but their ranking would likely drop.

Similar to jordan. He brought the league to new heights but if he won six titles in the 00 but the league didn’t grow at that dramatic rate and sports writers didn’t grow up in an era of be like mike he won’t be head and shoulders the best ever.

Currys narrative is great. He literally changed how the league works and there were only a handful of people who did that.

Wilt with all the rule changes to limit him and make white Boston fans happy.
Jordan with all the rule changes to help him and make TV execs and corporate sponsors happy.
Shaq bending the rules on what is an offensive foul and what is a foul on him.
Then there’s curry.

baseline bum
06-21-2022, 02:22 PM

True, Manu must have watched tape of that series before Game 6 in 2013.

baseline bum
06-21-2022, 02:24 PM
Ranking is based on narratives which is based on circumstances. People routinely cite bird and magic saving the league but if they played in an era when the league was flourishing and they got the same accolades stats everything else does that make them less great? I’d say not, but their ranking would likely drop.

Similar to jordan. He brought the league to new heights but if he won six titles in the 00 but the league didn’t grow at that dramatic rate and sports writers didn’t grow up in an era of be like mike he won’t be head and shoulders the best ever.

Currys narrative is great. He literally changed how the league works and there were only a handful of people who did that.

Jordan with all the rule changes to help him and make TV execs and corporate sponsors happy.
Then there’s curry.

LOL what? White Boston asshole hated the Celtics because they were too black. The Bruins drew better attendance at the bottom of the NHL standings in the 60s than the Celtics did winning titles every year. Boston didn't start liking the Celtics until they were led by Cowens and Havlicek.

lefty
06-21-2022, 02:54 PM
True, Manu must have watched tape of that series before Game 6 in 2013.
:cry it still hurts

spurraider21
06-21-2022, 02:56 PM
durant started his career on a Seattle/OKC team that quickly became stacked with high end talent and couldnt win. he then joined a team that just won 73 games the prior year and won a championship the year before with an elite core in curry/klay/green. curry had just won consecutive MVP's including one unanimously. durant was there for 3 years and won twice. then he left and teamed with with kyrie to try to build another stacked team and has failed there too

i dont see the argument for durant tbh. obviously a remarkable and unique talent, but man his career arc doesnt build much of a case. curry won with his team before and after durant.

you make a point about injury luck but then again the only reason the warriors werent in the thick of it in recent years was injury luck as well. curry basically missed the whole 19-20 season and then klay missed his second consecutive year in 20-21

imo curry is pretty squarely in the top 10 and after that its just a matter of argument to see exactly how high he is

spurraider21
06-21-2022, 03:03 PM
outside of chris paul, high assist guys have always been high turnover guys as well

ambchang
06-21-2022, 04:34 PM
LOL what? White Boston asshole hated the Celtics because they were too black. The Bruins drew better attendance at the bottom of the NHL standings in the 60s than the Celtics did winning titles every year. Boston didn't start liking the Celtics until they were led by Cowens and Havlicek.

It’s either black guys playing for the Celtics (so try Cousy) or black guys playing for the 6ers.

ambchang
06-21-2022, 04:37 PM
I don’t see a case for Durant. He’s not accomplished anything without ridiculously stacked teams and have everything failed multiple times with incredibly stacked teams. The only black mark on curry was that 73 win team. Durante got OKC and nets.

TD 21
06-21-2022, 04:49 PM
durant started his career on a Seattle/OKC team that quickly became stacked with high end talent and couldnt win. he then joined a team that just won 73 games the prior year and won a championship the year before with an elite core in curry/klay/green. curry had just won consecutive MVP's including one unanimously. durant was there for 3 years and won twice. then he left and teamed with with kyrie to try to build another stacked team and has failed there too

i dont see the argument for durant tbh. obviously a remarkable and unique talent, but man his career arc doesnt build much of a case. curry won with his team before and after durant.

you make a point about injury luck but then again the only reason the warriors werent in the thick of it in recent years was injury luck as well. curry basically missed the whole 19-20 season and then klay missed his second consecutive year in 20-21

imo curry is pretty squarely in the top 10 and after that its just a matter of argument to see exactly how high he is

I know the story. The difference is, the Thunder's big 3 were in their early 20s and lost to one of the 2 greatest players ever at his peak, with another top 30 player ever near his peak. Westbrook's historically awful decision making may have derailed them, but history tells us that kind of talent, with enough kicks at the can, finds a way.

The argument for Durant is he can basically do what Curry does as well as, for the most part, traditional big man duties because of his stature, which is why he's superior.

Yeah, but the Warriors have had far more injury luck for than against and I'd even argue the past two years were lucky because they needed to recharge and retool around the core.

lefty
06-21-2022, 04:54 PM
outside of chris paul, high assist guys have always been high turnover guys as well
But those 84 turnovers looked really bad, like he had never played organized basketball

MultiTroll
06-21-2022, 04:56 PM

Then there’s curry.
WarriorRef with the continual moving screens, Donkey nutt kicks and hand hacks etc is absolutely just as egregious as Snaq and KobeRef.
Phenominal shooter no doubt, and his contribution is the quick release.

No better place is this seen then the 2015 Finals. Lebron easily the MVP for BB intelligents.
Next Lebron beats them in 2016 with Tristan Kardashian and company.
2017 Lebron has a Timmy Duncanesque 51 points and all around kick ass game in Game 1. Stolen from him by the Tweet! Timeout! It's not a charge on media darling Durant, it's a reversal call of block on Lebron. Lets not forget 17 was the rip off for the ages of Zaza.

Lebron went on to break a bone in his finger slamming a wall in the locker room he was soo pissed at the fraud. Was probably 70% at best the rest of the series.
Smart thing to do? No. Human and 100 understandable? Right on imo.

Curry can suck cock when compared to Lebron. No where near the level of Lebron and i would argue Lebron was more of a game changer then Curry. Curry and the Warriors implemented the immediate quick release by at least 3 of 5 players on the floor. But Lebron being a 6'8" athletic freak who can play all 5 positions has not been seen since Phaggot Johnson in 1980.

spurraider21
06-21-2022, 05:06 PM
I know the story. The difference is, the Thunder's big 3 were in their early 20s and lost to one of the 2 greatest players ever at his peak, with another top 30 player ever near his peak. Westbrook's historically awful decision making may have derailed them, but history tells us that kind of talent, with enough kicks at the can, finds a way.

The argument for Durant is he can basically do what Curry does as well as, for the most part, traditional big man duties because of his stature, which is why he's superior.

Yeah, but the Warriors have had far more injury luck for than against and I'd even argue the past two years were lucky because they needed to recharge and retool around the core.
lol imagine two of your best players missing two years of their primes and saying its good injury luck to recharge and retool :lmao

curry has won before and after durant. durant was only able to win when he teamed up with curry on an already stacked team. no comparison.

"he can do more" is not a compelling argument. a lot of centers could do more things than shaq. didnt matter. shaq did some things remarkably well and is a top 10 player because of it. i dont care that embiid can do more things than shaq. shaq > embiid.

durant is an offensive monster like he was designed in a lab, but curry has really transcended the game

spurraider21
06-21-2022, 05:08 PM
But those 84 turnovers looked really bad, like he had never played organized basketball
they cruised through the WC though, who cares about turnovers along the way in series' that werent competitive. 31 in a 7 game series vs celtics is still bad but he was also averaging like 14 apg during those finals

TD 21
06-21-2022, 05:12 PM
lol imagine two of your best players missing two years of their primes and saying its good injury luck to recharge and retool :lmao

curry has won before and after durant. durant was only able to win when he teamed up with curry on an already stacked team. no comparison.

Lucky isn't the right word, more like helpful in the grand scheme and yes, I said it at the time.

He won with historically unprecedented opponent injury luck and a better surrounding roster than Durant has ever had. Curry most likely wouldn't have won his two tainted ones without Durant.

spurraider21
06-21-2022, 05:24 PM
Lucky isn't the right word, more like helpful in the grand scheme and yes, I said it at the time.

He won with historically unprecedented opponent injury luck and a better surrounding roster than Durant has ever had. Curry most likely wouldn't have won his two tainted ones without Durant.
curry has made the finals 6 times. 3 with durant. 3 without durant. he won 2/3 with durant. he won 2/3 without durant.

if you give durant a pass for losing to miami in the finals, does curry get a pass for losing to the cavs with lebron's legendary block, kyrie's game winner, etc? no, of course not. curry was unanimous mvp on a team that won 73 games. you're selling him short

TD 21
06-21-2022, 05:27 PM
curry has made the finals 6 times. 3 with durant. 3 without durant. he won 2/3 with durant. he won 2/3 without durant.

:lmao Missing my basic point and results without context.

Curry can't anchor a defense and "transcending" the game is irrelevant to this discussion.

ambchang
06-21-2022, 06:42 PM
WarriorRef with the continual moving screens, Donkey nutt kicks and hand hacks etc is absolutely just as egregious as Snaq and KobeRef.
Phenominal shooter no doubt, and his contribution is the quick release.

No better place is this seen then the 2015 Finals. Lebron easily the MVP for BB intelligents.
Next Lebron beats them in 2016 with Tristan Kardashian and company.
2017 Lebron has a Timmy Duncanesque 51 points and all around kick ass game in Game 1. Stolen from him by the Tweet! Timeout! It's not a charge on media darling Durant, it's a reversal call of block on Lebron. Lets not forget 17 was the rip off for the ages of Zaza.

Lebron went on to break a bone in his finger slamming a wall in the locker room he was soo pissed at the fraud. Was probably 70% at best the rest of the series.
Smart thing to do? No. Human and 100 understandable? Right on imo.

Curry can suck cock when compared to Lebron. No where near the level of Lebron and i would argue Lebron was more of a game changer then Curry. Curry and the Warriors implemented the immediate quick release by at least 3 of 5 players on the floor. But Lebron being a 6'8" athletic freak who can play all 5 positions has not been seen since Phaggot Johnson in 1980.

Lebron dominated the game. He didn’t really change it because his combination of skills are so unique. The same can be said of curry but many people can shoot so teams kept rolling out these low quality facsimiles thinking they can do it as well and end up with the horrible state of :lol todays nba.

As for shaq Kobe, I honestly never thought they got too much slack in officiating. They get superstar calls and the typical laker bias but it’s nowhere close to what jordan or magic got. The warriors got some calls here and there but didn’t get anything outlandish for a serial contender. The team I never understood why they got favourble calls were the pedo jazz. And even then they couldn’t win it all. Karma is a bitch.

MultiTroll
06-21-2022, 06:50 PM
end up with the horrible state of :lol todays nba.
exactly.
You ask how many players idolized Kobme and pattern their game after him -witness the joke Finals that was Tatum, Ime strategy and the Celtics.

If Curry changed it, not for the better so far.
Working with Trae Young somewhat.

FrostKing
06-22-2022, 09:38 PM
Impressive resume now. Every award checked off the list.

Not sure I see another Finals MVP or even Title on the horizon but I do believe he atleast plays in another NBA Final.

A 5th Ring I think would put him in Larry Bird's neighborhood. At the moment I think competition is too far in Larry's corner. Who did Curry battle - Lebron and Harden?

Neo.
06-22-2022, 11:32 PM
Who did Curry battle - Lebron and Harden?

who did mike battle - stockton and ewing?

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-22-2022, 11:48 PM

LkrFan
06-23-2022, 09:45 AM

You farmers love to diss Kareem :lol

baseline bum
06-23-2022, 10:05 AM

So did his teammates

LkrFan
06-23-2022, 05:27 PM
So did his teammates

baseline bum
06-23-2022, 05:32 PM

Man if you read that Pearlman book by 87 most of the Lakers just wanted Kareem to retire and thought they were better off with Mychal Thompson.

Dirks_Finale
06-23-2022, 05:50 PM
Impressive resume now. Every award checked off the list.

Not sure I see another Finals MVP or even Title on the horizon but I do believe he atleast plays in another NBA Final.

A 5th Ring I think would put him in Larry Bird's neighborhood. At the moment I think competition is too far in Larry's corner. Who did Curry battle - Lebron and Harden?

True, true.

DMC
06-23-2022, 06:48 PM
LOL highlights. I remember when Andre Drummond looked like he'd be an elite passer from highlights.

Thon Maker tbh

DMC
06-23-2022, 06:50 PM

I remember his sub prime years, those stupid fucking goggles and him sloughing up and down the court. I got tired of seeing him, McHale and Parish doing hooks and layups.

DMC
06-23-2022, 06:59 PM

if you give durant a pass for losing to miami in the finals, does curry get a pass for losing to the cavs with lebron's legendary block, kyrie's game winner, etc? no, of course not. curry was unanimous mvp on a team that won 73 games. you're selling him short

Horry made the Finals 7 times. He won 2 with Duncan, 5 without him. He won 2 with Hakeem, 5 without him. He won 3 with Kobe, 4 without him. Conclusion: Horry was better without Hakeem, Duncan or Kobe.

spurraider21
06-23-2022, 07:08 PM
Horry made the Finals 7 times. He won 2 with Duncan, 5 without him. He won 2 with Hakeem, 5 without him. He won 3 with Kobe, 4 without him. Conclusion: Horry was better without Hakeem, Duncan or Kobe.
horry and curry had the same roles and impact on their teams tbh

lol derp

DMC
06-23-2022, 10:53 PM
horry and curry had the same roles and impact on their teams tbh

lol derp

Move the goalpost again, dipshit.

superbigtime
07-03-2022, 11:56 AM
#1 annoying least appealing player

TDMVPDPOY
07-04-2022, 01:23 AM
cant be top10 if he plays no defense, let alone no defensive team selections....

dg7md
07-04-2022, 05:36 AM
Best PG of all time behind Magic. He could top Magic with some more hardware to his name though.

Easily top 5 player when his career is all said and done. He helped shape the entire game in his generation.

JamStone
07-04-2022, 07:36 AM
Best PG of all time behind Magic. He could top Magic with some more hardware to his name though.

Easily top 5 player when his career is all said and done. He helped shape the entire game in his generation.

Not really a PG tbh. Had he been the primary PG for his teams most of his career, I think there’d be a significant drop in his scoring and three point numbers.

And I think it’s not an entirely accurate notion that Steph shaped the entire game of his generation. Over the past decade, I think James Harden and Morey’s philosophies on three point shooting helped shaped the game as much as or more than Steph. Very few players, very few teams play the way Steph and the Warriors play. Teams have emulated Harden and his Rockets teams more than they do Steph and the Warriors. Truth is, very few players can shoot or play like Steph, especially when you factor his off ball movement and use of screens, and very few teams are constructed to play like the Warriors. The ball movement, the inverted offense with Draymond playmaking, another all time great shooter opposite Steph. But any team can iso a good shooter and just have him jack up long shots and drive and kick once the defense collapses on him.

I think it’s a partly a testament to how good a shooter Steph is, and even how unique he is. Other players can shoot 40 foot threes. But can they do it in the context of playing within an offense, without dominating the ball, constant movement using screen after screen, and not really force too many of those shots in the process? He’s one of one. Other players shooting 15 threes a game and shooting from 30, 35, 40 feet out is not really emulating Steph.

djohn2oo8
07-04-2022, 09:55 AM

Curry is still winning chips while Durant is begging for trades. Curry won without Durant. Twice. Also, Curry won with a lesser version of Klay.

TD 21
07-04-2022, 10:12 AM
Curry is still winning chips while Durant is begging for trades. Curry won without Durant. Twice. Also, Curry won with a lesser version of Klay.

That has nothing to do with what I said and :lmao at spouting results without context.

ambchang
07-04-2022, 11:31 AM
cant be top10 if he plays no defense, let alone no defensive team selections....

Magic, bird, and to an extent dirk.

djohn2oo8
07-04-2022, 02:46 PM
That has nothing to do with what I said and :lmao at spouting results without context.
Didn’t Durant have a 3-1 lead on the Warriors? Yeah we aren’t going to do the “help” thing. Durant played pretty awful the rest of that series.

djohn2oo8
07-04-2022, 02:50 PM
Didn’t Durant have a 3-1 lead on the Warriors? Yeah we aren’t going to do the “help” thing. Durant played pretty awful the rest of that series.
Particularly game 6 with a chance to close Golden State out at HOME. Curry shot bad that game, and Thompson didn’t shoot well either though he still ended up with 41. Durant shot 10 for 31 and they lost by 7.

TD 21
07-04-2022, 03:29 PM

So now we're basing all time rankings on a 3 game sample size where guy on the heavy favorite and better team eked by other guy? :lmao

MultiTroll
07-04-2022, 04:20 PM
Larger All Time Media Created / Enhanced star

Curry or Kirby?

Brazil
07-05-2022, 07:21 AM
Larger All Time Media Created / Enhanced star

Curry or Kirby?

Kirby death by a mile

Brazil
07-05-2022, 07:25 AM
I don't see Curry as a top 10 tbh.. but he is higher than Kobe

Thread
07-05-2022, 09:14 AM

& now you can rest your head, fart-face. Kobe is kinda like President Trump...His haters will stop hating not when Kobe died, but when they each die.

It's human.

Brazil
07-05-2022, 10:32 AM
This message is hidden because Thread is on your ignore list (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

spurraider21
07-05-2022, 04:58 PM
damn you have curry in your top 40?

Rummpd
07-05-2022, 06:10 PM

Top 15 at best. Won two due to deferring to Durant (a better player) and Oscar Robertson easily a greater player. Recency fraud to put one sided Curry any higher.

Brazil
07-06-2022, 08:16 AM
damn you have curry in your top 40?

DMC
07-06-2022, 10:35 AM
Particularly game 6 with a chance to close Golden State out at HOME. Curry shot bad that game, and Thompson didn’t shoot well either though he still ended up with 41. Durant shot 10 for 31 and they lost by 7.

:lol Klay was 11 for 18 from 3 and 14 for 31 overall. "didn't shoot that well" :lmao

lefty
07-06-2022, 10:49 AM
Top 15 at best. Won two due to deferring to Durant (a better player) and Oscar Robertson easily a greater player. Recency fraud to put one sided Curry any higher.
I agree on Curry vs KD

But not on Oscar. Curry is the superior player

MultiTroll
07-06-2022, 02:56 PM

By design imo.
Durbetta had allready signed up to become a Gay Area Warrior.

More Currrrrry in pivotal Game 5 vs the Ime Wussy Celtics:
The Celtics had 18 turnovers. They’re now 0-6 in the playoffs when they have 16 or more. And to make matters worse, Golden State capitalized by scoring 22 points off Boston’s mistakes.
Stephen Curry scored 16 points, but none of them from 3. It was the first playoff game of his career without a three-pointer.

ambchang
04-11-2024, 01:11 PM
Just went through this series from Thinking Basketball, which is a pretty good basketball YouTube channel which I find insightful.

I don't agree with the entire ranking, but it is directionally correct, and I can see the arguments.

This is strictly about the top 10 peaks, not the top 10 careers. It is an entire series with 14 players analyzed. Bill Walton, Durant, Kobe and Robinson didn't make the top 10.

FzzlvnncLOQ?si=SkKmeIN5ern6vP4z

Top 10 peaks:
10 - Magic 87-89
9 - Duncan 02-03
8 - Garnett 03-04
7 - Curry 16-17
6 - Kareem 77-79
5 - Bird 85-86
4 - Hakeem 93-95
3 - Shaq 00-01
2 - Lebron 12-13
1 - Jordan 89-91

I would rank Magic and Duncan higher, Garnett, and Kareem lower, and Curry in between. I also have some qualms about the peak years, but that is another story.

I would even rank Moses and Robinson higher than Kareem, as his 77-79 season wasn't really all that great. If you were talking about the Bucks Kareem, I would rank him in the top 5 for sure.

So my ranking, based on these players
1) Jordan 90-92
2) Lebron 12-14
3) Shaq 00-02
4) Bird 84-87
5) Duncan 01-03
6) Hakeem 93-95
7) Magic 87-89
8) Curry 16-17
9) Robinson 92-95
10) Moses 81-83
11) Garnett 03-04
12) Kobe 05-07
13) Garnett 03-04
14 Walton- 76-78

lefty
04-11-2024, 02:51 PM
yeah but players like Jordan had comically shitty opposition tbh :lol

FrostKing
04-11-2024, 05:10 PM
Plumbers > Podcasters

chubbs
04-11-2024, 07:52 PM
Just went through this series from Thinking Basketball, which is a pretty good basketball YouTube channel which I find insightful.

I don't agree with the entire ranking, but it is directionally correct, and I can see the arguments.

This is strictly about the top 10 peaks, not the top 10 careers. It is an entire series with 14 players analyzed. Bill Walton, Durant, Kobe and Robinson didn't make the top 10.

Top 10 peaks:
10 - Magic 87-89
9 - Duncan 02-03
8 - Garnett 03-04
7 - Curry 16-17
6 - Kareem 77-79
5 - Bird 85-86
4 - Hakeem 93-95
3 - Shaq 00-01
2 - Lebron 12-13
1 - Jordan 89-91

I would rank Magic and Duncan higher, Garnett, and Kareem lower, and Curry in between. I also have some qualms about the peak years, but that is another story.

I would even rank Moses and Robinson higher than Kareem, as his 77-79 season wasn't really all that great. If you were talking about the Bucks Kareem, I would rank him in the top 5 for sure.

1) Jordan 90-92
2) Lebron 12-14
3) Shaq 00-02
4) Bird 84-87
5) Duncan 01-03
6) Hakeem 93-95
7) Magic 87-89
8) Curry 16-17
9) Robinson 92-95
10) Moses 81-83
11) Garnett 03-04
12) Kobe 05-07
13) Garnett 03-04
14 Walton- 76-78

of course you would find a way to make d-rob a top 10er :lol

Robz4000
04-11-2024, 08:46 PM
Shaq's peak is the most dominant player I've ever seen tbh.

MultiTroll
04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
What good, healthy team has Curry beaten in the Finals?
Or along the way for that matter.

Zero.

FrostKing
04-12-2024, 03:11 PM
Shaq's peak is the most dominant player I've ever seen tbh.
MJ, Shaq & Duncan

and the rest

DD
04-12-2024, 04:47 PM

That sneaky little slope just can’t help himself:lol

David Robinson is the Tony Romo of the NBA, but unlike Davey, Tony didn’t have an all-time great to drag his ass to the finish line

MultiTroll
04-12-2024, 05:46 PM
Name one good / healthy team Curry beat.

The Durbetta collusion was a joke. + that took the refs absolutely robbing Lebron of the game sealing taking a charge in Game 1.
Even some Cleveland folks say the Golden Phags would have won 4-1 or 4-2 anyways. Im not so sure.

Lebron broke his hand after the game he was so pissed. Dumb? Well ya but i appreciate his passion. I was livid after that rigged shit.

That's the one where the ABC Disney Stern NBA refs called timeout and for the 1st time in something like a year overturned a charging call.

p.s. and the Ime Boston soft Phaggots collapse was not a "good" team.

ambchang
04-12-2024, 10:46 PM

That sneaky little slope just can’t help himself:lol

David Robinson is the Tony Romo of the NBA, but unlike Davey, Tony didn’t have an all-time great to drag his ass to the finish line

:lol. The stats more or less is on my side. Robinson put up some top 5 all time stats those few years. Hi r just didn’t have the team to go with it. Sort of like Lebron 07-10 period.

Tyronn Lue
04-13-2024, 01:35 AM
Name one good / healthy team Curry beat.

The Durbetta collusion was a joke. + that took the refs absolutely robbing Lebron of the game sealing taking a charge in Game 1.
Even some Cleveland folks say the Golden Phags would have won 4-1 or 4-2 anyways. Im not so sure.

Lebron broke his hand after the game he was so pissed. Dumb? Well ya but i appreciate his passion. I was livid after that rigged shit.

That's the one where the ABC Disney Stern NBA refs called timeout and for the 1st time in something like a year overturned a charging call.

p.s. and the Ime Boston soft Phaggots collapse was not a "good" team.
This is ironic considering you're talking about the Warriors vs another stacked team. Kevin Love, Kyrie, Lebron and some good role guys, plus Lebron just came off a super friends team. There's no collusion, you put your best 5 on the floor.

You don't have to like it, but Steph has the same number of rings Lebron has.

Tyronn Lue
04-13-2024, 01:39 AM

Top 10 peaks:
10 - Magic 87-89
9 - Duncan 02-03
8 - Garnett 03-04
7 - Curry 16-17
6 - Kareem 77-79
5 - Bird 85-86
4 - Hakeem 93-95
3 - Shaq 00-01
2 - Lebron 12-13
1 - Jordan 89-91

1) Jordan 90-92
2) Lebron 12-14
3) Shaq 00-02
4) Bird 84-87
5) Duncan 01-03
6) Hakeem 93-95
7) Magic 87-89
8) Curry 16-17
9) Robinson 92-95
10) Moses 81-83
11) Garnett 03-04
12) Kobe 05-07
13) Garnett 03-04
14 Walton- 76-78
Some of your peaks are questionable. Lebron's 12 and 13? He was on a super team. He was more impressive when he dropped 25 straight against Detroit or when he basically carried the Cavs through the playoffs and won the Finals because Kyrie was injured.

FrostKing
04-13-2024, 01:54 AM
Peaks, especially in NBA is so subjective. Too dependent on health, teammates, opponents and even rules.

NFL is peak sport. In Basketball we enjoy the rise, fall and then hopefully rebound; in players career. How guys deal with success fame/financial is always big story line in Basketball.

FrostKing
04-13-2024, 01:59 AM
IMO

Tier1: MJ, Shaq, Duncan
Tier2: Kobe, Lebron, Curry, Jokic

Robz4000
04-13-2024, 03:31 AM
IMO

Lebron should be in tier 1 tbh. Jokic might be there too, but we also haven't seen his peak yet imo.

FrostKing
04-13-2024, 04:30 AM
Lebron should be in tier 1 tbh. Jokic might be there too, but we also haven't seen his peak yet imo.
I tend to appreciate players after they leave. I was absolute Kobe hater decades ago.

Lebron has the longevity but his poor performances cannot be ignored.

Playoff game: MJ, Shaq and Duncan you know it's a war

FrostKing
04-13-2024, 04:35 AM
Jokic needs the Repeat status

Puts him above Giannis, Dirk and DRob

Robz4000
04-13-2024, 04:35 AM
I tend to appreciate players after they leave. I was absolute Kobe hater decades ago.

Lebron has the longevity but his poor performances cannot be ignored.

Playoff game: MJ, Shaq and Duncan you know it's a war

Only poor performance I recall is 2011. His Finals record is circumstantial; most of his matchups were against all-time teams with mediocre/injured supporting casts.

Robz4000
04-13-2024, 04:36 AM

If Jokic repeats this year he's already knocking on the door of the top-10 all time tbh.

FrostKing
04-13-2024, 04:48 AM
Only poor performance I recall is 2011. His Finals record is circumstantial; most of his matchups were against all-time teams with mediocre/injured supporting casts.
Lebron & Kobe are arguably the biggest opposites

Kobe "fought" to take the Captain arm band and he played like it. But yes that Suns Game 7. We can't forget. My point being Kobe would wrestle the ball in practice. Lakers were his until you wrestled it outta his hands. Busted knee. Hero ball Era. When Men made the final decision and shouldered the aftermath.

Lebron was mister cool. If it doesn't work here then I'll make it work elsewhere. And that's his playstyle. He's not retiring a Laker. If he could he would retire as Team Lebron. Don't let James fool us, he has immense ego that ventures beyond basketball.

FrostKing
04-13-2024, 04:56 AM
Lebron plays smily nice guy because he isn't as mentally sharp as these counterparts. Overall I like Lebron but he needs to stay outta politics. Athletes are too heated. He has to be aware of how much influence he possesss with certain demographics.

Robz4000
04-13-2024, 05:02 AM

Kobe "fought" to take the Captain arm band and he played like it. But yes that Suns Game 7. We can't forget. My point being Kobe would wrestle the ball in practice. Lakers were his until you wrestled it outta his hands. Busted knee. Hero ball Era. When Men made the final decision and shouldered the aftermath.

Lebron was mister cool. If it doesn't work here then I'll make it work elsewhere. And that's his playstyle. He's not retiring a Laker. If he could he would retire as Team Lebron. Don't let James fool us, he has immense ego that ventures beyond basketball.

Don't really care about his off-the-court antics tbh. On the court he's the most complete player the NBA has ever seen, and his ability to move on after painful defeats is pretty incredible.

ambchang
04-13-2024, 06:01 AM
Some of your peaks are questionable. Lebron's 12 and 13? He was on a super team. He was more impressive when he dropped 25 straight against Detroit or when he basically carried the Cavs through the playoffs and won the Finals because Kyrie was injured.

I can see that. I think he was quicker in his first Cleveland stint. But starting in Miami he got stronger and a better shooter after the 11 series vs Mavs. I can see either.

Thread
04-13-2024, 07:34 AM

I'm glad you said it, chubbs, he'd a called me everything but a White man if I had.

amb, you ain't got 1 insightful bone in your whole body.

MultiTroll
04-13-2024, 09:10 AM
This is ironic considering you're talking about the Warriors vs another stacked team. Kevin Love, Kyrie, Lebron and some good role guys, plus Lebron just came off a super friends team. There's no collusion, you put your best 5 on the floor.

You don't have to like it, but Steph has the same number of rings Lebron has.
????
Kyrie blew out his knee in Game 1 of 2015.
2018 he was not on the Cavs.

lefty
04-13-2024, 10:41 AM
:lol. The stats more or less is on my side. Robinson put up some top 5 all time stats those few years. Hi r just didn’t have the team to go with it. Sort of like Lebron 07-10 period.

AJ and VDN backcourt :lol

lefty
04-13-2024, 10:42 AM
IMO

I’m not the biggest lebron fam but he is objectively tier 1

ambchang
04-13-2024, 10:51 AM

Jokic is already above drob and Giannis. Maybe even Dirk.

ambchang
04-13-2024, 10:55 AM

Kobe never shouldered the aftermath. :lol

He took all the glory and side stepped all the blame. Subtly blaming his teammates on everything. And whenever he had a bad game, he would have this mysterious injury that was kept under wraps and only got found out afterwards. But then he’d have a good game and he was mysteriously uninjured again.

Thread
04-13-2024, 11:58 AM
Kobe never shouldered the aftermath. :lol

He took all the glory and side stepped all the blame. Subtly blaming his teammates on everything. And whenever he had a bad game, he would have this mysterious injury that was kept under wraps and only got found out afterwards. But then he’d have a good game and he was mysteriously uninjured again.

He put down that last Lakers back-to-back, and it was versus the Celtics. We ain't forgettin' that, ever. It's OUR religion. You ain't got nary a back-to-back. Your's are haphazard and dull.

ADDENamb, I mean ADDENDUM: Kobe is like Trump. He got in there and was immediately hated by fandoms countryWIDE, the size of Hillary's backside. The rank & file put up with him because he caused $ to flow freely, but fandoms like amb's, et al, hated him on contact and wanted him IMPEACHED, I mean injured. Wanted him ASSASSINATED, I mean injured. Wanted him BEHEAD, I mean injured.

You get my fuckin' drift, amb?

Love always,

- Dale

Thread
04-13-2024, 12:01 PM

I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with him. In fact, if he weren't Black hating White I'd disavow that 17th. & what's more? I'd never look back. Well, maybe a peek or two, if I could get the walker squared away, huh?

Tyronn Lue
04-13-2024, 12:04 PM
????
Kyrie blew out his knee in Game 1 of 2015.
2018 he was not on the Cavs.
2015 is irrelevant. Lebron made 8 straight Finals appearances. He didn't do that with scrubs.

Thread
04-13-2024, 12:08 PM
2015 is irrelevant. Lebron made 8 straight Finals appearances. He didn't do that with scrubs.

What, I'm on your to ignore list again, Lue?

MultiTroll
04-13-2024, 12:09 PM
2015 is extremely relevant.
Lebron was clearly, hands down the MVP.
Yet the Warriors are able to add it to their 4 *Championships, as if they could sniff the strap of Timmy Dunks legit Champioships.

Lebrons 2016 takedown of the Warriors is >>>>>>>>>>>> then 2015 Warriors charity case.

FrostKing
04-13-2024, 12:09 PM
History will place Lebron there but we watched and know he is closer to Kobe than Tier1

Tyronn Lue
04-13-2024, 12:15 PM
2015 is extremely relevant.
Lebron was clearly, hands down the MVP.
Yet the Warriors are able to add it to their 4 *Championships, as if they could sniff the strap of Timmy Dunks legit Champioships.

Lebrons 2016 takedown of the Warriors is >>>>>>>>>>>> then 2015 Warriors charity case.
Durant wasn't with the Warriors in 2015. The Warriors' talent was home grown outside of Iggy. I have no idea where you're moving this goalpost to.

lefty
04-13-2024, 12:35 PM
History will place Lebron there but we watched and know he is closer to Kobe than Tier1

:lmao

Lebron is well ahead of Kobme

MultiTroll
04-13-2024, 04:06 PM
Durant wasn't with the Warriors in 2015. The Warriors' talent was home grown outside of Iggy. I have no idea where you're moving this goalpost to.
Well aware.

No idea where you are moving this goalpost to.

Are you claiming the 2015 Chip was some kind of score given the Cavs roster minus Irving? :lol

ambchang
04-13-2024, 07:24 PM
He put down that last Lakers back-to-back, and it was versus the Celtics. We ain't forgettin' that, ever. It's OUR religion. You ain't got nary a back-to-back. Your's are haphazard and dull.

ADDENamb, I mean ADDENDUM: Kobe is like Trump. He got in there and was immediately hated by fandoms countryWIDE, the size of Hillary's backside. The rank & file put up with him because he caused $ to flow freely, but fandoms like amb's, et al, hated him on contact and wanted him IMPEACHED, I mean injured. Wanted him ASSASSINATED, I mean injured. Wanted him BEHEAD, I mean injured.

You get my fuckin' drift, amb?

Love always,

- Dale

Hollywood loves kobe. Hollywood hates trump. They are opposites.

Thread
04-13-2024, 07:46 PM
Hollywood loves kobe. Hollywood hates trump. They are opposites.

The next time you agree with me about anything will be the first time.

ambchang
04-13-2024, 08:14 PM
The next time you agree with me about anything will be the first time.

We can agree both trump and Kobe are frauds though.

Thread
04-14-2024, 07:58 AM
We can agree both trump and Kobe are frauds though.

Well, at least you didn't try to assassinate Kobe like you did Trump...though you did try to talk each of 'em out of it...Kobe vs. Indiana as the century turned, Trump vs. Clinton. Didn't work either time. Kobe scratched the entrance to the three peat & Trump made President.

You ain't even got a peat. Nary a one.

ambchang
04-14-2024, 04:29 PM
Well, at least you didn't try to assassinate Kobe like you did Trump...though you did try to talk each of 'em out of it...Kobe vs. Indiana as the century turned, Trump vs. Clinton. Didn't work either time. Kobe scratched the entrance to the three peat & Trump made President.

You ain't even got a peat. Nary a one.

What do repeats have to do with anything? I thought it was make the postseason and win the last one?