PDA

View Full Version : MF'er...you don't need to back into the f'ing parking spot

SpursforSix
06-21-2022, 11:55 AM
If you're at a concert or game, I can see backing into a spot. But got damn. If you're at the grocery store or Best Buy, I guarantee you, you're spending more time backing into a spot than if you just pulled straight in. Not to mention, holding up the other cars.

ChumpDumper
06-21-2022, 12:05 PM
You only need to back in if you're robbing the place.

Blake
06-21-2022, 01:11 PM
For small cars yeah I concur.

But I've got a friend who works for company that requires backing in in company vehicles. Said something like 50% of the accidents were in parking lots from backing out into someone/something.

Because he told me that, even with the camera, I've gotten into the habit of backing in with my SUV. I drop everyone off at the door and then park way out.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-21-2022, 01:15 PM
backing in is acceptable/preferred for large suvs and trucks -- and Occasionally the smaller car with a low hanging front bumper

but if you're gonna back in you better do it with 1 and only 1 stop -- ie, blinker on, pull forward, back in while turning. No pulling back and out and re-aligning. use your damn mirrors

Blake
06-21-2022, 01:20 PM
It's all about the side mirrors. Once you figure that out, it should be a one time reverse piece of cake. I don't even use the camera for it

SpursforSix
06-21-2022, 01:23 PM
backing in is acceptable/preferred for large suvs and trucks -- and Occasionally the smaller car with a low hanging front bumper

but if you're gonna back in you better do it with 1 and only 1 stop -- ie, blinker on, pull forward, back in while turning. No pulling back and out and re-aligning. use your damn mirrors

That shit rarely happens. It's back in , pull forward, back in, pull forward, back in, pull forward. And even after all that (and with backup cam), the vehicle is almost always crooked and/or partially in another spot. Just pull in and figure out your exit later. Or park farther away and just pull straight through into the next spot so you're facing forward. I swear by the time they do all the parking, they could have parked farther away and already been in the store.

BD24
06-21-2022, 01:35 PM
That shit rarely happens. It's back in , pull forward, back in, pull forward, back in, pull forward. And even after all that (and with backup cam), the vehicle is almost always crooked and/or partially in another spot. Just pull in and figure out your exit later. Or park farther away and just pull straight through into the next spot so you're facing forward. I swear by the time they do all the parking, they could have parked farther away and already been in the store.
this tbh…I support this message

SpursforSix
06-21-2022, 01:42 PM
this tbh…I support this message

And the other thing I won't do is drive up and down the parking lot for 5 minutes looking for a close space.

BD24
06-21-2022, 01:44 PM
And the other thing I won't do is drive up and down the parking lot for 5 minutes looking for a close space.
Co-sign this as well.

From what I’ve seen the backing into spots thing is a big texas thing. I grew up in Illinois and never really noticed people doing it there, I grew up in a rural area as well. So plenty of big trucks. As soon as I got down to texas though, it seemed every fucking ass hole needed to back in park and 90% of them can’t do it for shit.

GAustex
06-21-2022, 01:57 PM
I have had a few accidents in my years
Most were backing
One was cause I was checking out a thot

Blake
06-21-2022, 01:59 PM

God I hate that. That's why I drop everyone off of they're riding with me and don't want to walk

SpursforSix
06-21-2022, 02:06 PM
God I hate that. That's why I drop everyone off of they're riding with me and don't want to walk

Also, there's nothing more irritating than waiting for someone whose waiting for a close spot while the person with that spot is still loading groceries.

When I see someone waiting for my spot with cars behind them, I'll load up, get in the car and turn it on, then sit there and act like I'm on my phone until people start honking at the person waiting. I know that's petty af.

benefactor
06-21-2022, 02:15 PM
If I have the opportunity to back in I will. I drive a convertible and it has shitty blind spots that make backing out a pain.

Thread
06-21-2022, 03:53 PM

...but I will for a shading space.

Millennial_Messiah
06-21-2022, 04:12 PM
Disagreed.

Typically if it's not too hot or raining I will just pull into a throughway even if it's a bit of a walk. If it's too hot, or if there's precip, you can bet your ass I'm backing in to the best spot available and you can hold your fucking horsies.

Millennial_Messiah
06-21-2022, 04:14 PM

Agreed on this one. I've just recently after many years of trying convinced my mother to stop doing this. We typically park into throughways and go for a hike or back into a medium spot that's available since we have reverse cam on our newer toyotas.

MultiTroll
06-21-2022, 04:42 PM
OP

How to Add Fiber to Your Diet (verywellhealth.com) (https://www.verywellhealth.com/how-to-add-fiber-to-your-diet-1944989#:~:text=How%20to%20Add%20Fiber%20to%20Your %20Diet%201,4%20Get%20to%20Know%20Some%20Helpful%2 0Seeds.%20)

lebomb
06-21-2022, 05:24 PM

I agree with you on backing into a spot, but I park way out, or find a spot on the end. Mufawkus will put their big ass door right into the side of you ride. Fawk parking anywhere. :claw

MultiTroll
06-21-2022, 06:20 PM
I agree with you on backing into a spot, but I park way out, or find a spot on the end. Mufawkus will put their big ass door right into the side of you ride. Fawk parking anywhere. :claw
Ya if you got a ride you don't want dinged it's damn near impossible.
I also park either far out and take 2 spaces if available and more room for others.

In super tight parking lots f it. Can't win in SoCal. Just pay the ding remover guy.
I went off on 2 guys who were drunk and seemed to be leaning on my car and appeared to have their door open into mine. I had parked 40 feet from any car for the sold purpose of avoiding this.

Long / short they were just barely not leaning on my car and the door missed by an inch and we all had a good laugh afterwards. :rollin

Neo.
06-21-2022, 09:10 PM
tbh i just think driving should be held to a higher standard in general. too many people have licenses that completely suck at driving. not sure theres any good way to enforce it at this point, its just a broken system. as is basically every system in the world.

BD24
06-21-2022, 09:14 PM
tbh i just think driving should be held to a higher standard in general. too many people have licenses that completely suck at driving. not sure theres any good way to enforce it at this point, its just a broken system. as is basically every system in the world.
A starting point would be making old people retest more often. Like when you hit 65 you retest every 3 years. Then when you hit 70 you have to retest every year. I think that would go a long way tbh.

benefactor
06-21-2022, 10:00 PM
A starting point would be making old people retest more often. Like when you hit 65 you retest every 3 years. Then when you hit 70 you have to retest every year. I think that would go a long way tbh.
Mah nigga. Especially here in Tyler. Never in your life have you seen so many old motherfuckers behind the wheel of huge vehicles. The bitch is most of them are well to do and if they were pulled over and had a name or some sort of pull around here(most of them do) the cops would just write them a warning and let them go. They would not give a shit if they lost their license. They would drive anyway.

SpursforSix
06-21-2022, 11:50 PM

Motherfucking this. Fuck…they need to do the same with presidents, congressmen, judges. It’s insane that we can’t have some competency tests for older people. And nothing against them. We’ll all be there at some point. But to just ignore the fact that our mental faculties decrease as we get older is nuts. And it varies. But have some kind of standardized tests. We do this for everything else.

KobesAchilles
06-22-2022, 12:09 PM
When I was 18 I couldnt reverse park worth shit. But after 15+ years of driving, how the fuck can people not reverse park in one go? Seriously. Its like not knowing how to parallel park in one go. I reverse park every day for work bc our employee parking lot is filled with shit drivers who race down the lot and don’t care if they hit you.

I also agree with walking a bit and not waiting for a person. Like the extra 15 second walk is gonna hurt these mofos. Shit most of these whales need the exercise anyways.

Millennial_Messiah
06-22-2022, 12:18 PM
When I was 18 I couldnt reverse park worth shit. But after 15+ years of driving, how the fuck can people not reverse park in one go? Seriously. Its like not knowing how to parallel park in one go. I reverse park every day for work bc our employee parking lot is filled with shit drivers who race down the lot and don’t care if they hit you.

I also agree with walking a bit and not waiting for a person. Like the extra 15 second walk is gonna hurt these mofos. Shit most of these whales need the exercise anyways.
I often have to make a three or even five point turn. Can't be too careful.

Millennial_Messiah
06-22-2022, 12:20 PM
As for parallel parking, I almost got hit from in front of me some stoned dumbass on Main Street in Morrison, Colorado last week tried to parallel park and almost backed up right into me. :lol :ihit what a fucking dumbass. And his equally high as a kite brother or best friend jumped out and started bitching at me for honking my horn because I didn't want him to hit me... early 20s something brainless assholes that are great at rolling and lighting joints but don't know how to drive worth a damn. No wonder Colorado has become such a retardedly blue state.

Millennial_Messiah
06-22-2022, 12:21 PM
I drove away and called him a fucking dumbass... it's a damn shame I left my .45 Glock in Fort Worth, tbh. I get severe road rage over that type of shit. Would have been all their fault, too, but all the cops and insurance companies would have seen is my front hood damaged and the backside of their SUV damaged, which wouldn't have looked good in my favor.

leemajors
06-22-2022, 02:43 PM

I agree, but atm unless you book at a small town in TX appointments are several months out. They should let people know well in advance it is needed.

KobesAchilles
06-22-2022, 02:59 PM
As for parallel parking, I almost got hit from in front of me some stoned dumbass on Main Street in Morrison, Colorado last week tried to parallel park and almost backed up right into me. :lol :ihit what a fucking dumbass. And his equally high as a kite brother or best friend jumped out and started bitching at me for honking my horn because I didn't want him to hit me... early 20s something brainless assholes that are great at rolling and lighting joints but don't know how to drive worth a damn. No wonder Colorado has become such a retardedly blue state.
My wife used to own a Beetle. Best times was parallel parking that car. Shit could fit anywhere downtown. It was awesome. As far as reverse parking goes, if you do it enough times you just know how far to drive up and then reverse and turn the wheel and evening it out all in one movement. It’s actually easier for me to park that way than normal parking. But I’m not a douche so I park normally everywhere else

Kids don’t know how to drive and I’d argue they never did. I certainly didn’t in my early 20s. I drove fast and reckless and cut people off accidentally. I’ve never been in an accident as the driver before but that’s mainly due to luck tbh bc 17-22 was a trip as far as driving went.

Millennial_Messiah
06-22-2022, 03:52 PM
My wife used to own a Beetle. Best times was parallel parking that car. Shit could fit anywhere downtown. It was awesome. As far as reverse parking goes, if you do it enough times you just know how far to drive up and then reverse and turn the wheel and evening it out all in one movement. It’s actually easier for me to park that way than normal parking. But I’m not a douche so I park normally everywhere else

Kids don’t know how to drive and I’d argue they never did. I certainly didn’t in my early 20s. I drove fast and reckless and cut people off accidentally. I’ve never been in an accident as the driver before but that’s mainly due to luck tbh bc 17-22 was a trip as far as driving went.

It's worse when you're dealing with millennial / Gen Z Colorado airhead stoners that are likely not even legal to smoke pot and barely legal enough to drive.

The Gemini Method
06-28-2022, 05:49 PM
Co-sign this as well.

From what I’ve seen the backing into spots thing is a big texas thing. I grew up in Illinois and never really noticed people doing it there, I grew up in a rural area as well. So plenty of big trucks. As soon as I got down to texas though, it seemed every fucking ass hole needed to back in park and 90% of them can’t do it for shit. It's regional here in California. I do it once in a while, but normally a one motion from pull forward, back up type deal but normally pull up if there is a space in front of the one I've enter.

Big Empty
06-28-2022, 07:47 PM
Its easier to back in if u drive a truck. I can see everything so i dont ding anyones vehicle or them mine. Now the q.u.e.e.r.s that park foward and crooked are the ones u should be pissed at

SpursforSix
06-28-2022, 11:18 PM
Its easier to back in if u drive a truck. I can see everything so i dont ding anyones vehicle or them mine. Now the q.u.e.e.r.s that park foward and crooked are the ones u should be pissed at

Sure. My point is, if you’re holding up a couple of cars, just go farther down or pull in straight. And again, I’m talking about normal situations. Grocery stores, restaurants, etc. If no one is behind you, then great…do whatever you want. But spending a minute to pull forward, back up, pull forward, straighten out…that shit makes me nuts. You’ve already spent more time parking than if you just went down 20 more feet and pulled straight through. Or if you just pulled straight into the space you wanted. If you’re in a parking garage or at an event, I totally get it.