PDA

View Full Version : Like rats on the Titanic

Solid D
11-30-2005, 01:52 AM
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=13236

Not too far off from how it gets after a loss with some of our "Ten-second Toms" around here. :lol

SequSpur
11-30-2005, 01:54 AM
Is it me or is Duncan playing a little soft? He took two jumpshots on the Spurs logo which were at crucial times in the fourth when he could post up for layups all night...

Kind've Nowitskiish.... Ya think?

Kori Ellis
11-30-2005, 01:56 AM
Every Spur sucked tonight except Bruce Bowen.

(And Manu's second half and Rasho's first quarter.)

But the Spurs defense is pretty bad -- Bowen said it's not the new guys, it's the guys from last season ... and they need to get it together.

SequSpur
11-30-2005, 01:58 AM
Yeah, but sometimes teams just score, that one dude hit a three from 10 feet behind the line, that's not defense.

I just thought Duncan was Nowitski like tonight. Then, who gave Rasho a season pass to try Kareem hook shots?

Doesn't he have a clause in his contract that only allows rebounding, blocks and putbacks?

They might have to go to an arbitrator if he goes TO on the hook shot again...

Damn.

SmotPoker
11-30-2005, 01:59 AM
hey sequ, you wouldn't say shit if he made one of those two. Why don't you mention the three point play at the end there that pretty much sealed it?

SmotPoker
11-30-2005, 02:00 AM
They talk about how Kobe got hacked, and his shot was just off....but he had 0 freakin assists, maybe he should remember its five on five.

SequSpur
11-30-2005, 02:02 AM
hey sequ, you wouldn't say shit if he made one of those two. Why don't you mention the three point play at the end there that pretty much sealed it?

Those shots were out of range for a bank shot.. I mean come on, from the Spur on the floor?? Just a little off of straight on.... The odds of making that shot are 1 in 10. The other side of the Spur is where he normally shoots it.

If he backs down on the strong side, he has a layup or foul every time, why put the game on the line?

He is playing soft.

ZStomp
11-30-2005, 02:03 AM
Back in the day I hated when lg.net threads were brought in into other forums. :lol

SmotPoker
11-30-2005, 02:04 AM
But we won, it was ugly sure, but it was a win. Its the beginning of a long season, so hopefully we can get our shit together.

SequSpur
11-30-2005, 02:08 AM
yeah, the spurs won, but I was just wondering if he was hurt or sick or something, he is usually very dominant against the showmaker teams like LA.

Brutalis
11-30-2005, 02:08 AM
Laker fans are still, some of the most fucking stupid people around.

TDMVPDPOY
11-30-2005, 05:51 AM
This game seems like the game 5 2004 finals kobe being the ballhog against the pistons, same as tonite

Extra Stout
11-30-2005, 11:29 AM

But the Spurs defense is pretty bad -- Bowen said it's not the new guys, it's the guys from last season ... and they need to get it together.
I think the mediocre defense is a result of a lack of effort, which is a result of a lack of motivation stemming from the lack of serious competition in the West. I can see their having a hard time summoning up that extra bit of willpower to excel night in and night out when their likeliest Western Conference Finals opponent might be the Los Angeles Clippers.

Maybe it will take having Dallas come down and smack the crap out of them again to get their attention.

alamo50
11-30-2005, 12:19 PM

You forgot Tim and Mike.

wildbill2u
11-30-2005, 01:02 PM
It seemed to me that the breakdowns on offense and defense occurred when Pop started substitutions and the bench didn't come through.

As much as some will deny it, when Rasho left with three fouls, the interior defense suffered. And the bench shooting was atrocious. At one point they were something like 3 for seventeen.

Kori Ellis
11-30-2005, 01:43 PM
You forgot Tim and Mike.

Sorry, Tim sucked.

Mike didn't suck in the second half.

Vashner
11-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Time for a flash back...

http://home.satx.rr.com/krograth/images/kobespurscry1.jpg

SA Gunslinger
11-30-2005, 02:57 PM
I think the mediocre defense is a result of a lack of effort, which is a result of a lack of motivation stemming from the lack of serious competition in the West. I can see their having a hard time summoning up that extra bit of willpower to excel night in and night out when their likeliest Western Conference Finals opponent might be the Los Angeles Clippers.

Maybe it will take having Dallas come down and smack the crap out of them again to get their attention.

I agree with this analysis. Though, I do hope you are wrong about the game tomorrow.

alamo50
11-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Sorry, Tim sucked.

:huh

TD shot 6 for 13 from the field scoring 16 points, grabbing 9 rebounds and gave 5 assists in less than 37 minutes work!

We are just spoiled.

SequSpur
11-30-2005, 07:27 PM
:huh

TD shot 6 for 13 from the field scoring 16 points, grabbing 9 rebounds and gave 5 assists in less than 37 minutes work!

We are just spoiled.

If he did that every night Alamo, Rasho would make the allstar team.

Dude needs to drop 20+, 12+ and hit his free throws for the Spurs to win.

Do Holland boys smoke crack?

alamo50
12-01-2005, 05:57 AM
Do Holland boys smoke crack?

They sure do, but Timmy did not suck.
He didn't get the numbers he usually gets, that's all.

slayermin
12-01-2005, 05:59 AM
They sure do, but Timmy did not suck.
He didn't get the numbers he usually gets, that's all.

:lol

Why would they mess with the crack when they got the chiba?

Just say no to drugs.

RashoFan
12-01-2005, 06:13 AM
yeah, the spurs won, but I was just wondering if he was hurt or sick or something, he is usually very dominant against the showmaker teams like LA.
If you talking about Rasho...rumor has it that he is banging some bartender...maybe this new girl is keeping him up late at night, and it isn't me.... :depressed

alamo50
12-01-2005, 06:25 AM
If you talking about Rasho...rumor has it that he is banging some bartender...maybe this new girl is keeping him up late at night, and it isn't me.... :depressed

When you say "bartender" I think of a guy......I KNEW IT!!!

RashoFan
12-01-2005, 06:53 AM
Trust me...he is not gay....
I am disappointed that he may have choosen a bartender over a PARAMEDIC.....

alamo50
12-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Me too, a paramedic could maybe get him out of the coma that the bartender got him in!

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2005, 09:07 AM
Me too, a paramedic could maybe get him out of the coma that the bartender got him in!

True, but RashoFan might also put him in one with all the uh, extra physical exertion. :lol

T Park
12-01-2005, 12:11 PM
I thought Rasho has played the best ball hes ever had since being here.

3 blocked shots the other night is pretty damn good no matter who your playin.

I just don't think he gets enough plays run through the block or pick and rolls at the ft line for him.

duncan2k5
12-01-2005, 03:51 PM
i dont think ppl are dissappointed with timmy's numbers as much as his defense...he played HORRID defense...so did NAZ. and he WAS playing a lil soft on the offensive end. hope he begins to bang more because that bank isn't as money as it has been. and he needs to give people body and stop letting them push him out. i know its a foul, but its not being called, so stop throwing up crap...body them back and pound it in the hole...that sounded dirty...if tony and timmy plays like this in the playoffs...especially against detroit...we need to kill bad habits and lazy defense now. i saw billups and prince on Quite Frankly and their cockyness was pissing me off...i dont think i can take losing to them in the finals (assuming we both make it)

RashoFan
12-01-2005, 06:09 PM
True, but RashoFan might also put him in one with all the uh, extra physical exertion. :lol
well what can I say...did I metion I am a FireFighter as well(Volunteer).... :lol