PDA

View Full Version : Apology letter to mo7888

Dejounte
06-29-2022, 05:14 PM
You were right. I was wrong. I follow logic, and my trail of logic failed me this time.

Not upset at the particular trade. In fact, I think its a good haul. Just curious now what the future holds.

slick'81
06-29-2022, 05:16 PM
Losing,lots and lots of losing

Atl Spur
06-29-2022, 05:18 PM
That’s pretty solid of you! Yeah…… can I get a piece of that too!! Lol

Atl Spur
06-29-2022, 05:18 PM
That’s pretty solid of you! Yeah…… can I get a piece of that too!! Lol

mo7888
06-29-2022, 05:23 PM
You were right. I was wrong. I follow logic, and my trail of logic failed me this time.

Not upset at the particular trade. In fact, I think its a good haul. Just curious now what the future holds.

I appreciate it, it's all good my brother... I'm curious about the future too. Since we didn't get the 2023 Atl pick I'm wondering if we pivot to take salary from Charlotte to get them to lift their protection next season? I'm also wondering if they pivot and try to replace DJ with a vet PG of some kind and push for a play in spot? If they do that I assume they just didn't think DJ was as valuable as I thought he was or maybe that he just wasn't a fit with the other guys they valued more. My bet is on taking salary for picks and going all in for Wembanyama but, we should see that start playing out tomorrow...

slick'81
06-29-2022, 05:25 PM
Spurs all in for lebron James jr confirmed

GAustex
06-29-2022, 05:32 PM

Miss Cleo knows of the future

BacktoBasics
06-29-2022, 05:40 PM
What haul?

We got two picks in the 20’s and 1 pick that’s so over protected that it will convey to a 2nd in 2064.

slick'81
06-29-2022, 05:44 PM
What haul?

We got two picks in the 20’s and 1 pick that’s so over protected that it will convey to a 2nd in 2064.

what else could we expect?

Atl Spur
06-29-2022, 05:48 PM
Do you know who will be on Atl’s roster in 3yrs…….DJ could be back insan Antonio lol quit being so shortsighted!

Atl Spur
06-29-2022, 05:50 PM
Put down the checkers…..this is chess!

Atl Spur
06-29-2022, 05:51 PM
Put down the checkers…..this is chess!

mo7888
06-29-2022, 05:57 PM
What haul?

Atlanta isn't even likely to be a playoff team next year...those picks ate much more likely to be in the lottery than in the 20's....

How many people here said we'd NEVER get an unprotected pick in any DJ deal? And now we've got 2 and an unprotected swap... that's unheard of....the Jrue package my ass....that package had protection and bad salary (Bledsoe)...this is beyond that...I've been critical of the FO but, they did very well here....would I have liked the Atl 2023 1st? Of course....but this was a good haul...

offset formation
06-29-2022, 06:05 PM
I'll take apologies from all the folks on here saying the drafting of 2 more guards made sense, while we had DJM on the roster and the stated intent of playing Primo there.

Silverheart80
06-29-2022, 07:39 PM
mo7888 -- Your takes on Wembanyama / the '23 Draft + Free Agency Class and how assets get managed are right in sync with mine.

Fistbump, man. Sad to see DJM go. Not thrilled about that Charlotte pick being so heavily protected, but optimistic about where this all might be headed.

Next step -- hope PATFO doesn't sign a big free agent this summer. That's key.

Silverheart80
06-29-2022, 07:40 PM
mo7888 -- Your takes on Wembanyama / the '23 Draft + Free Agency Class and how assets get managed are right in sync with mine.

Fistbump, man. Sad to see DJM go. Not thrilled about that Charlotte pick being so heavily protected, but optimistic about where this all might be headed.

mo7888
06-29-2022, 08:20 PM

I appreciate it... I'd also like us to explore a deal with Charlotte to give the cap space in return for them removing the protections on the pick we now hold.

Silverheart80
06-29-2022, 09:09 PM
I appreciate it... I'd also like us to explore a deal with Charlotte to give the cap space in return for them removing the protections on the pick we now hold.

Totally worth it if the Spurs can swing that.

So weird to be on pins and needles heading into Free Agency hoping the Spurs DON'T sign a major free agent. But that's where I am. Fingers crossed.

BackHome
06-29-2022, 09:43 PM
Pop better not screw the Tank Job up that for damn sure

rascal
06-29-2022, 09:55 PM

Yes this should be the Spurs next move. Offer Poeltl too.

Work on Charlotte to try to get two possible picks in the lottery next year.

tmtcsc
06-29-2022, 10:56 PM
Losing,lots and lots of losing

Because Murray is gone? Please stop. We didn't make the playoffs with him at the helm and I'd say we have a better chance of making it sooner now that he's gone. He had a terrific year but he didn't move the needle and the team is finally headed in the right direction with him gone. Now the Spurs need to get some better talent - package those picks with other role players and get back real players.

slick'81
06-29-2022, 10:58 PM
Because Murray is gone? Please stop. We didn't make the playoffs with him at the helm and I'd say we have a better chance of making it sooner now that he's gone. He had a terrific year but he didn't move the needle and the team is finally headed in the right direction with him gone. Now the Spurs need to get some better talent - package those picks with other role players and get back real players.

were gonna lose alot more. Who cares if we already sucked?

PrimeMinister
06-29-2022, 11:53 PM
chalking up the 2025 and 27 hawks unprotected first rounders as "in the 20s" is really shortsighted and gives waaaaaay too much credit to that organization

SPURt
06-30-2022, 12:02 AM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/xTiTnLGmR2nlMiHRvy/200.gif

Dex
06-30-2022, 08:35 AM
Props to OP.

At the end of the day, we're all taking our collective knowledge and trying to read the tea leaves.

Sometimes we get it right, sometimes we get it wrong.

Sometimes, we are just bored and like to bitch at one another.

That's what makes this forum fun :hungry:

KingKev
06-30-2022, 09:57 AM
While we are doing this John B schooled me yesterday.

Dejounte
06-30-2022, 10:07 AM
While we are doing this John B (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42719) schooled me yesterday.

Throw enough mud at the wall and some of it will stick

fuck john b and his repetitive-posting ass. Everyone knows your thoughts john. Shove them up your ass instead of posting about it for the millionth time please

KingKev
06-30-2022, 11:32 AM

fuck john b and his repetitive-posting ass. Everyone knows your thoughts john. Shove them up your ass instead of posting about it for the millionth time please

haha bro bro who peed in your cheerios?

A Spurstalk get to together post trade to drown our sorrows would have been entertaining I must admit!!

John B
06-30-2022, 11:40 AM

I don’t know why you’re so uptight man. We’re just all Spurs fans here, some a little more overboard, some just casuals, some are good with research and numbers, others are just happy to ride along. But by the end of the day, we’re all Spurs fans. I have nothing personal with you, and appreciate your inputs like everybody else. But you like to attack personalities when they don’t go your way. Lighten up. Bruh skip my posts if you don’t like them. I’m just here supporting my favorite team and voicing out my takes. I’m a fan. That’s what fans do. Many here are just happy to have found ST for what it is, to follow their favorite team, and even get a firsthand news from people like LJ who has the connections, great insights from Ecstatic, Chinooks, Kingkev, SAGirl, etc and even you Dejounte. So I don’t know your problem with me. I have no problem with you. So cheer up mate, take care of that herpes that’s bothering you :lol, and lighten up. Spurs are about to venture into the unknown :lol :bobo

Chucho
06-30-2022, 01:02 PM
I understand getting picks, but it just feels like we're going to have a revolving door roster of a bunch of mid to late first round talent that we want to suck enough, but keep our fingers crossed they show more promise than the usual bench-rotation players that come from those picks.

It seems a whole lot of variables need to be in our favor to get where we want to be sooner than a 10 year rebuild like most tank-tastic franchises see. Hopes and prayers.

Atl Spur
06-30-2022, 01:06 PM
I understand getting picks, but it just feels like we're going to have a revolving door roster of a bunch of mid to late first round talent that we want to suck enough, but keep our fingers crossed they show more promise than the usual bench-rotation players that come from those picks.

It seems a whole lot of variables need to be in our favor to get where we want to be sooner than a 10 year rebuild like most tank-tastic franchises see. Hopes and prayers.

If all you say is true…..we’d be experiencing the norm right? Damn success has spoiled our entitled fan base��