PDA

View Full Version : [Carchia] Sources expect former 76ers head coach Brett Brown reuniting with Pop's staff

Dex
06-30-2022, 08:27 AM
Not sure how reputable this source is but....interesting, if true:

mo7888
06-30-2022, 08:35 AM
Not sure how reputable this source is but....interesting, if true:

I don't hate it...the guy is an expert when it comes to tanking ..

The Truth #6
06-30-2022, 08:44 AM

Ha! So true. Hopefully he can help Pop for those last 30 games of the season to avoid unnecessary wins, so to speak.

Mr. Body
06-30-2022, 08:50 AM

Didn't he hate the whole tanking thing?

Mr. Body
06-30-2022, 08:51 AM
One of the major issues Brown had with the Philly FO forcing the tank thing was that it was ruining the young players that were forced to play in that system.

mo7888
06-30-2022, 09:00 AM
Didn't he hate the whole tanking thing?

Every HC coach hates the 'tanking thing' because it shortens their shelf life but, he was exceptional at it..

Dex
06-30-2022, 09:06 AM
Every HC coach hates the 'tanking thing' because it shortens their shelf life but, he was exceptional at it..

I feel like Brown got the short end of that stick, too. Expected him to put up with "The Process" and maintain losing records for like 4 years where the Sixers gathered assets, then became the scapegoat when he couldn't suddenly turn a team of tanking players and injured stars into an instant contender.

Lest we forget that the returns on "The Process" was basically Noel (bust), Fultz (bust), Simmons (on his way to being a bust), and Embiid. Joel is the only one of that group still on the team and worth all that losing, and Doc Rivers couldn't even get he and Harden past the 2nd round.

Mugen
06-30-2022, 09:08 AM
I've always liked Brett...but if this means Patty is coming back, I'm out :lol

Chinook
06-30-2022, 09:14 AM
They needed to do something to account for the massive brain drain the org has suffered. Brown is among the least successful of the Pop tree's recent branches, but he was a good assistant. I wonder if Borrego is also coming back.

mo7888
06-30-2022, 09:17 AM
I feel like Brown got the short end of that stick, too. Expected him to put up with "The Process" and maintain losing records for like 4 years where the Sixers gathered assets, then became the scapegoat when he couldn't suddenly turn a team of tanking players and injured stars into an instant contender.

Lest we forget that the returns on "The Process" was basically Noel (bust), Fultz (bust), Simmons (on his way to being a bust), and Embiid. Joel is the only one of that group still on the team and worth all that losing, and Doc Rivers couldn't even get he and Harden past the 2nd round.

I agree...their biggest problem wasn't the tank itself...it's what they did with their draft picks...one you forgot was Okafor... wasted picks...

Mr. Body
06-30-2022, 09:23 AM

He had no role in the tanking part. Why are you making it out to be his decision? He consistently said the Process was toxic to the players forced to play there.

Mr. Body
06-30-2022, 09:24 AM

I'd argue that Embiid has a loser mentality, too. An exceptional player, but his flopping and whining are parcel to a shortcut, weasel mentality that doesn't actually know how to win. No one taught him because it was just kids left floundering.

Mr. Body
06-30-2022, 09:24 AM

I'd argue that Embiid has a loser mentality, too. An exceptional player, but his flopping and whining are parcel to a shortcut, weasel mentality that doesn't actually know how to win. No one taught him because it was just kids left floundering.

John B
06-30-2022, 09:27 AM
I like Coach Brown and Pop needs a lot of help with these young kids. A good amount of Manu and Timmy would help too. And I honestly would say it will be a pleasant thing to watch real coaching this coming season.

NickiRasgo
06-30-2022, 09:32 AM
Patty Mills signing in 3...2...1...

Uriel
06-30-2022, 09:35 AM
Great news. Bring back Borrego too, hire Snyder as head coach next year, draft Wembanyama, and the Spurs are set for the next 20 years.

cd98
06-30-2022, 09:40 AM
Yes, they are going to hand him the reins next year to a bad team and then he'll coach them to mediocrity over the next two years and then get fired for the eventual coach that will hopefully take them far in the playoffs.

mo7888
06-30-2022, 09:40 AM
He had no role in the tanking part. Why are you making it out to be his decision? He consistently said the Process was toxic to the players forced to play there.

I never implied that it was his decision, (it obviously was Hinkie's)...I just said he was exceptional at it...

BatManu20
06-30-2022, 09:50 AM
Lol Spurs gonna bring back all our assistants in hopes of duplicating our 2000’s success. Borrego is next.

baseline bum
06-30-2022, 09:53 AM

So Manu had a loser mentality?