PDA

View Full Version : Cap Space Rental/Trade Facilitation Ideas

scott
06-30-2022, 09:01 PM
Not sure of the official tally at this point, but I understand our cap space is now at approximately $39MM?

Assuming we don't make any actual smart signings, what are your favorite Cap Space Rental or Trade Facilitation ideas?

I've read that Spurs are only one of two teams that have the kind of cap space needed to facilitate a KD trade - so maybe we can get in on that and pick up some free assets.

I like the idea of Hayward from CHA and they reduce their protections to something like 1-4.

Do the Knicks still need to unload Fornier? The Suns Saric? Who else needs to dump bad contracts?

RC_Drunkford
06-30-2022, 09:06 PM
Sixers - Tobias Harris

Lakers - Westbrook (don't do it)

Spurs can get in as a facilitator of a Gobert trade, Ayton S&T, KD trade. Plenty of options.

offset formation
06-30-2022, 09:08 PM
Not sure of the official tally at this point, but I understand our cap space is now at approximately $39MM?

Assuming we don't make any actual smart signings, what are your favorite Cap Space Rental or Trade Facilitation ideas?

I've read that Spurs are only one of two teams that have the kind of cap space needed to facilitate a KD trade - so maybe we can get in on that and pick up some free assets.

I like the idea of Hayward from CHA and they reduce their protections to something like 1-4.

Do the Knicks still need to unload Fornier? The Suns Saric? Who else needs to dump bad contracts?

Trade Poeltl. Free up enough space to bring in Westbrook for picks. Good ones

scott
06-30-2022, 09:13 PM

Not sure LA has enough picks to make it worth it.

offset formation
06-30-2022, 09:16 PM
Not sure LA has enough picks to make it worth it.

They only have 2026 and 2028 I think. Would have to get a 3rd team involved.

baseline bum
06-30-2022, 09:17 PM
Unprotected picks or you can let your Durant / Ayton / Mitchell / Irving / Gobert trade die.

exstatic
06-30-2022, 09:27 PM

I’m reminded of the beach scene in Saving Private Ryan, after they were somewhat established. They took a flamethrower to a German pillbox, and when the Germans staggered out on fire, screaming, the GIs shouted “No, don’t shoot them. Let them burn!”.

Let the Lakers burn on the pyre of their arrogance and tampering in the early part of the Kawhi drama. Fuck Magic Johnson, and Fuck the Lakers. We’ll have plenty of other options to rent our cap space. Let ‘em burn.

offset formation
07-01-2022, 12:02 AM
I’m reminded of the beach scene in Saving Private Ryan, after they were somewhat established. They took a flamethrower to a German pillbox, and when the Germans staggered out on fire, screaming, the GIs shouted “No, don’t shoot them. Let them burn!”.

Let the Lakers burn on the pyre of their arrogance and tampering in the early part of the Kawhi drama. Fuck Magic Johnson, and Fuck the Lakers. We’ll have plenty of other options to rent our cap space. Let ‘em burn.

Ok, this works for me too.

Silverheart80
07-01-2022, 12:19 AM

Co-signed.

John B
07-01-2022, 01:35 AM

Damn :wow

scott
07-01-2022, 01:41 AM

Correct response. Westbrook & Harden probably the two active players I'd least want on the Spurs.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-01-2022, 01:47 AM

Quit sitting on the fence man, tell us how you really feel.

cutewizard
07-01-2022, 05:11 AM

-----------------------------------------

Post of the week:

LET EM BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twisted_Dawg
07-01-2022, 05:41 AM

Elevate this mofo to God like status.

RC_Drunkford
07-01-2022, 05:44 AM
Fuck The Lakers

rankingtear
07-01-2022, 06:09 AM
It only between us and IND as the third team on whatever BKN does. Others are out.

JuneJive
07-01-2022, 06:23 AM
Something involving Hayward / lowering their protection on the pick from DJ trade.

KingKev
07-01-2022, 06:38 AM
Something involving Hayward / lowering their protection on the pick from DJ trade.

I doubt Charlotte will consider lifting that protection. They are assuredly lottery bound next year and the Bridges situation looks to be messy and might not be back depending on how this plays out.

exstatic
07-01-2022, 06:48 AM

A number of years ago, CHA did a teardown, taking on ending contracts no one else wanted. They were expected to be a lottery team. They hired a first time NBA head coach named Steve Clifford. He convinced the players that it was probably in their interests to play well for their next contracts.

This team is a lot more talented than that one, and Steve Clifford is back as head coach. You can’t convince me that we won’t be getting the pick this year, so I see it as a waste to make a trade to remove the protections on the pick. They’re going to need some wing help with dumbass Bridges beating the shit out of his wife, and probably looking at a long suspension. Offer them JRich for ANOTHER, later FRP, and we increase our chances of getting this one.

CGD
07-01-2022, 07:00 AM

Damn that’s dark, bro.

But, yeah, I’m in absolutely zero hurry to help the Lakers.

exstatic
07-01-2022, 07:17 AM
Damn that’s dark, bro.

But, yeah, I’m in absolutely zero hurry to help the Lakers.

A bit. No one is literally burning to death, but LeBron is going wherever Bronny gets drafted next summer, AD is a chronically injured underperformer, they don’t have any FRPs for years, so I guess their team is burning, and I’m here for it.

KingKev
07-01-2022, 07:22 AM
A bit. No one is literally burning to death, but LeBron is going wherever Bronny gets drafted next summer, AD is a chronically injured underperformer, they don’t have any FRPs for years, so I guess their team is burning, and I’m here for it.

Bronny isn’t eligible till 2024 draft.

exstatic
07-01-2022, 09:33 AM
Bronny isn’t eligible till 2024 draft.

Even better. ANOTHER year for LeBron to waste in LA with no help.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-01-2022, 10:57 AM

Poetic. Just beautiful.

Luck the Fakers.

KingKev
07-01-2022, 11:17 AM
Spurs could really be well positioned to fk one or more of the NBA establishment who mortgage their future for KD.

baseline bum
07-01-2022, 11:27 AM

I'd still like to rob them while they're burning.

Atl Spur
07-01-2022, 11:32 AM

You boys are brutal!

exstatic
07-01-2022, 11:41 AM

Thing is, they won’t have the assets to both unload RWB, and get Kyrie. I don’t think they even have enough for Kyrie. I count the FRPs they have available as 2, plus one pick swap. Brooklyn can do better, and so can we.

baseline bum
07-01-2022, 11:45 AM
Thing is, they won’t have the assets to both unload RWB, and get Kyrie. I don’t think they even have enough for Kyrie. I count the FRPs they have available as 2, plus one pick swap. Brooklyn can do better, and so can we.

Not an ideal option but I'd still loot their corpse if nothing better comes along.

mo7888
07-01-2022, 11:48 AM
Not an ideal option but I'd still loot their corpse if nothing better comes along.

It could even be a 3way with someone other than Brooklyn...gets LA a minor asset and lowers their tax bill or gets them out if the tax completely....

I'm for whatever the best assets we can get using our space...and if its bending LA over and taking their assets I'm all for it..

KingKev
07-01-2022, 11:52 AM

Russ could be an incredible tank commander. Legendary lieutenant of the tank.

Mal
07-01-2022, 12:50 PM
Do not help Lakers

John B
07-01-2022, 12:53 PM

Nah, as on Ecstatic gruesome but straightforward picture, I’d keep pumping the gas pump. Burn!!

Ariel
07-01-2022, 12:54 PM
I've been a Lakers' hater even before I became a Spurs' fan. That said, they're not going anywhere. If helping them benefits us, so be it. IDGAF.

Mal
07-01-2022, 12:58 PM

You don't need tank commander anymore. All bottom 3 team have 14% for #1. Just be one of them.
And Westbrook on Lakers will be more something to cheer, while Spurs are bad.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-01-2022, 02:34 PM
Great thread!

Looks like Spurstalk still pumping out the bad takes. Helping teams pull off their crappy moves while we suck, only to sit on their lottery picks when the crappy moves fail. Or just let a team like Boston or OKC do it, because this classy organization who would never admit it's bitterness and would rather eat a shot clock violation than launch the ball in the air so the clock can expire.

This is why the McDermott contract is Fncking stupid. All it does is limit the ability to capitalize on the opportunity.

Personally, give me Miles Bridges. Offer him a low ball extension, unlock the charlotte pick full unprotected. Go on about business until redemption season.

KingKev
07-01-2022, 02:50 PM
Great thread!

Looks like Spurstalk still pumping out the bad takes. Helping teams pull off their crappy moves while we suck, only to sit on their lottery picks when the crappy moves fail. Or just let a team like Boston or OKC do it, because this classy organization who would never admit it's bitterness and would rather eat a shot clock violation than launch the ball in the air so the clock can expire.

This is why the McDermott contract is Fncking stupid. All it does is limit the ability to capitalize on the opportunity.

Personally, give me Miles Bridges. Offer him a low ball extension, unlock the charlotte pick full unprotected. Go on about business until redemption season.

You tooted uh?

RC_Drunkford
07-01-2022, 03:37 PM
It could even be a 3way with someone other than Brooklyn...gets LA a minor asset and lowers their tax bill or gets them out if the tax completely....

I'm for whatever the best assets we can get using our space...and if its bending LA over and taking their assets I'm all for it..

Nets have been on record saying they don't give a fuck where they send Kyrie, so I highly doubt they will help him to get to LA. The problem is that's the only team that wants him :lol

DrunkTXLabrat
07-01-2022, 04:18 PM
Is that a new thing, Kev? I dont get it. Does that mean you agree with the bad take? Forget capitalizing on dumb teams making bad signings. Just good ole fashioned in poop we trust?

Payote75
07-01-2022, 04:24 PM
You really don't want the Lakers in the lottery. The NBA will just rig it so they get the 1st pick!!!

Help make the Lakers a mid tier team again!

Leetonidas
07-01-2022, 04:26 PM
Great thread!

:lmao talking about bad takes and suggesting the Spurs go after a felony wife beating lean drinker

exstatic
07-01-2022, 05:33 PM
You really don't want the Lakers in the lottery. The NBA will just rig it so they get the 1st pick!!!

Help make the Lakers a mid tier team again!
New Orleans owns their pick. Burn baby, burn.

Payote75
07-01-2022, 05:35 PM
New Orleans owns their pick. Burn baby, burn.

Lmfao in that case yes burn it to the ground!!!

spurraider21
07-01-2022, 05:47 PM
Great thread!

at this point the spurs have more cap space than they'll likely be able to make use of. mcdermott isnt holding anything back

DrunkTXLabrat
07-01-2022, 06:08 PM
Yes, you blind fuck. The guy can redeem himself. Remember when Curry was playing under a sweet contract for golden state because blind fucks like you were laughing about his ankles killing his career? This is the kind of thinking the spurs need to be using. Not hysterical laughter and pessimistic bitterness. Opportunistic awareness.

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2022, 06:16 PM
be part of a trade to take bad contract thats expiring with draft picks...bulk up on picks for the next draft....

whose on a expiring contract spurs can absorb for 1 year?

DrunkTXLabrat
07-01-2022, 06:19 PM
Idk raider. You think the jazz would dump a 1st round pick to ditch the Beasly contract?

buttsR4rebounding
07-01-2022, 06:30 PM
I've been a Lakers' hater even before I became a Spurs' fan. That said, they're not going anywhere. If helping them benefits us, so be it. IDGAF.

Ideally we piss on them while they’re burning and convince them it’s for their own good.

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2022, 06:32 PM
Idk raider. You think the jazz would dump a 1st round pick to ditch the Beasly contract?

they just took a big dump with goberts contract trade to the wolves... they rebuilding around mitchell lol

spurraider21
07-01-2022, 07:09 PM
that would basically only happen if they make a play for Ayton imo

KingKev
07-01-2022, 09:05 PM
Is that a new thing, Kev? I dont get it. Does that mean you agree with the bad take? Forget capitalizing on dumb teams making bad signings. Just good ole fashioned in poop we trust?

I just figured you ripped a Hollywood before that non coherent blurb.

rascal
07-01-2022, 09:24 PM

Never help the Lakers. They'll be the first in line to steal your top players.

baseline bum
07-01-2022, 09:37 PM
Never help the Lakers. They'll be the first in line to steal your top players.

I think looting an unprotected first from them for Westbrook would be hurting them since they're not going to win shit with Lonnie Walker a critical part of their rotation. But they'd think it was good for them, going all-in for a title in LeBron's last year there.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-02-2022, 05:44 AM
KingKev ripped a hollywood? Is that accusation of coke use or something? My name has drunk in it, man. I'm not being coy about alcohol influenced takes, but come on. Dont put lines up my nose.

Also, if you can't make sense of what I'm getting at. Idk, man. Maybe try reading it again? I cant make it much more clear.

I think the spurs should lay off using free agent flexibility for signings, and use it for trades instead.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-02-2022, 05:51 AM
And there's another point BaselineBum

Why would the spurs not just dump lonnie to la, before deadline? Even a protrected 2nd round pick would be more than just letting him walk.

KingKev
07-02-2022, 06:58 AM
I think the spurs should lay off using free agent flexibility for signings, and use it for trades instead.

I agree and it appears that is what they are actually doing this summer. I was fearful they were making efforts and getting shut down but they reportedly didn’t even make an offer to anyone first two days of free agency.

KingKev
07-02-2022, 07:01 AM
And there's another point BaselineBum (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=51607)

Why would the spurs not just dump lonnie to la, before deadline? Even a protrected 2nd round pick would be more than just letting him walk.

I’m sure Walker was on the block and suspect there was virtually no interest league wide. His bird rights had very little value if any and his cap hold was punitive. He was a desperation signing for the Lakers.

dbestpro
07-02-2022, 08:05 AM
I’m sure Walker was on the block and suspect there was virtually no interest league wide. His bird rights had very little value if any and his cap hold was punitive. He was a desperation signing for the Lakers.

Lonnie, playing with Lebron and Davis, would not surprise me if he has a better year than Murray. He is fully capable and Murray is not going to have to defer to Young.

John B
07-02-2022, 08:21 AM
Lonnie, playing with Lebron and Davis, would not surprise me if he has a better year than Murray. He is fully capable and Murray is not going to have to defer to Young.

It seems like every player the Spurs let walk, that player rings. QueenMary and Forbes before him :oops

KingKev
07-02-2022, 08:47 AM

We’ll see. By the end of his tenure as a Spur he had a green light to take shots and zero accountability on the defensive end and still floundered.

He’ basically Malik Monk’s replacement and i think he’ll probably have a similar season.

John B
07-02-2022, 08:54 AM
I really see a LeBron/AD/Kyrie possibility than a LeBron/AD/KD. Both would be scary shiite

BillMc
07-02-2022, 10:47 AM

Murray plays great defense.

Lonnie is a worse defender than Forbes. No matter what Walker does sporadically on offense, he gives it up on defense every time. That's really why he's gone. He showed spurts on O, never really showed anything on D.

When judged all around, I'd be shocked if Lonnie is "better" next year than DJ.

MannyIsGod
07-02-2022, 11:47 AM
I would love to get either of those 2 lakers picks. I don't care if it helps them win. If Westbrook comes here he's never playing a game anyway. He'll get bought out.

MannyIsGod
07-02-2022, 11:50 AM
I think looting an unprotected first from them for Westbrook would be hurting them since they're not going to win shit with Lonnie Walker a critical part of their rotation. But they'd think it was good for them, going all-in for a title in LeBron's last year there.

Their 2 picks are gold imo. Get an unprotected pick from them either of those two years would be amazing.

BacktoBasics
07-02-2022, 12:04 PM
I would love to get either of those 2 lakers picks. I don't care if it helps them win. If Westbrook comes here he's never playing a game anyway. He'll get bought out.

That's a sizable buyout for Spurs standards.

RC_Drunkford
07-02-2022, 01:00 PM
I think there's a legit chance he could start. That would be hilarious :lol

MannyIsGod
07-02-2022, 04:12 PM
No fucking way they'd let him be around the youngsters. No fucking chance in hell. Dude would complain about touches as we tanked our way to 20 wins.

offset formation
07-02-2022, 04:32 PM
No fucking way they'd let him be around the youngsters. No fucking chance in hell. Dude would complain about touches as we tanked our way to 20 wins.

Not sure. I think he's probably fed up beyond belief being the dumpster for all the Lakers failures. I mean dude is getting roasted daily and is lashing back like he never has before in his career. He'd probably relish being back in a small market city that's knowingly tanking while earning a cool 47M

Mal
07-02-2022, 04:46 PM
I think Tobis Harris maybe potential target for Spurs' cap space, but Sixers got many picks already involved in trades and protections.

2023 - More favorable of (i) PHL and (ii) less favorable of BRK and HOU to BRK then other to UTH (via HOU swap for BRK; via BRK to UTH)

2024 - Own

2025 - 1-6 Own; 7-30 to OKC

2026 - 1-4 Own; 5-30 to OKC if not already settled

2027 - 1-4 Own; 5-30 to OKC if not already settled; or 1-8 Own; 9-30 to BRK if PHL conveys 1st round pick to OKC in 2025

2028 - 1-8 Own; 9-30 to BRK if not already settled and if PHL has conveyed 1st round pick to OKC by 2026

2029 - Own

mo7888
07-02-2022, 04:48 PM
I think Tobis Harris maybe potential target for Spurs' cap space, but Sixers got many picks already involved in trades and protections.

2023 - More favorable of (i) PHL and (ii) less favorable of BRK and HOU to BRK then other to UTH (via HOU swap for BRK; via BRK to UTH)

2024 - Own

2027 - 1-4 Own; 5-30 to OKC if not already settled; or 1-8 Own; 9-30 to BRK if PHL conveys 1st round pick to OKC in 2025

2028 - 1-8 Own; 9-30 to BRK if not already settled and if PHL has conveyed 1st round pick to OKC by 2026

2029 - Own

Unless they are giving up Maxey I don't think they have the assets to offload him to us.

lmbebo
07-02-2022, 04:52 PM

2024 - Own

2029 - Own

Would have to be 3-4 FRPs for Harris. Guy owed like $80 million over 2 seasons...

Mal
07-02-2022, 04:58 PM
Would have to be 3-4 FRPs for Harris. Guy owed like $80 million over 2 seasons...

And he can still play, which is not what Spurs are looking for :lol

Mal
07-02-2022, 05:00 PM
Unless they are giving up Maxey I don't think they have the assets to offload him to us.

You don't trade Maxey just to unload Harris, which would help you to pay more to Harden and get someone who can play on Maxey level

mo7888
07-02-2022, 05:13 PM
You don't trade Maxey just to unload Harris, which would help you to pay more to Harden and get someone who can play on Maxey level

That's kinda my point...

Vic Petro
07-02-2022, 06:08 PM
Recent ESPN article suggested a 4 way trade.

Nets get Ayton, Mikal Bridges, Josh Richardson, ‘23 1st from Cha via Spurs, ‘25 1st from Phx top 4 protected, ‘27 1st from Phx top 14 protected.

Lakers get Irving

Phoenix gets Durant

Spurs get Russ and two unprotected 1sts from LAL

KingKev
07-02-2022, 06:15 PM
Lol PATFO is stupid enough to attach two future FRPs and JRich for Tobias Harris to try and make the play-in.

XDT76
07-02-2022, 07:17 PM

Nets get Ayton, Mikal Bridges, Josh Richardson, ‘23 1st from Cha via Spurs, ‘25 1st from Phx top 4 protected, ‘27 1st from Phx top 14 protected.

Lakers get Irving

Phoenix gets Durant

Saw this but from the Spurs point of view it's totally rubbish. RW contract is already worth that 2 FRP, doesn't make sense to throw in JRich and another FRP.

baseline bum
07-02-2022, 07:21 PM

Lakers get Irving

Phoenix gets Durant

Nets don't seem to want Ayton.

KingKev
07-02-2022, 07:22 PM
Saw this but from the Spurs point of view it's totally rubbish. RW contract is already worth that 2 FRP, doesn't make sense to throw in JRich and another FRP.

haha wow so everyone gets better and we net an FRP for eating Russ’ contract.

CGD
07-02-2022, 07:25 PM

Lakers get Irving

Phoenix gets Durant

Nix the CHA 2023 FRP, or swap out Richardson for Doug.

mystargtr34
07-02-2022, 07:26 PM

Lakers get Irving

Phoenix gets Durant

Interesting. Some of the moves the Suns have made in the last few hours seem to point to somethin being in the works. Traded for Landale and signed Biyombo (big man depth), signed Josh Okogie (good perimeter defender to replace bridges).

mystargtr34
07-02-2022, 07:33 PM
Yeah I’d want another 1st if I’m the Spurs in addition to the two LAL ones. Or the Spurs remove the Charlotte pick from the trade and the Suns give another top 14 protected pick to Brooklyn to make up for it. They’re the fuckers getting Durant.

mystargtr34
07-02-2022, 07:37 PM
I assume the two Lakers FRP would be their next two available which are 2025 and 2027. Those could be pretty valuable.

CGD
07-02-2022, 07:38 PM

I agree, but two considerations:

1. That CHA pick looks less appealing after that asshole Bridges beat his wife. He was a key cog they probably can’t replace for a while. In some ways it could be useful to “upgrade” that pick now.

2. I’d like to hold on to Richardson personally, but if Nets want him I’d try to get LAL to eat Doug. The net impact is that we’d be renting ~20M of space as opposed to ~32M.

slick'81
07-02-2022, 07:47 PM
We need more assets .jrich needs to gtfo

Das Texan
07-02-2022, 07:57 PM
only ESPN could cook up such an idiotic trade from the Spurs perspective, thereby continuing their outright hatred of the Spurs going on 3 decades now!

mo7888
07-02-2022, 08:10 PM
Nix the CHA 2023 FRP, or swap out Richardson for Doug.

And

mo7888
07-02-2022, 08:11 PM
Interesting. Some of the moves the Suns have made in the last few hours seem to point to somethin being in the works. Traded for Landale and signed Biyombo (big man depth), signed Josh Okogie (good perimeter defender to replace bridges).

Even if they move auton and land KD, Bismack and Jock aren't enough in the middle .. they'll still need a Myles Turner or Jak..

mo7888
07-02-2022, 08:14 PM
I agree, but two considerations:

1. That CHA pick looks less appealing after that asshole Bridges beat his wife. He was a key cog they probably can’t replace for a while. In some ways it could be useful to “upgrade” that pick now.

2. I’d like to hold on to Richardson personally, but if Nets want him I’d try to get LAL to eat Doug. The net impact is that we’d be renting ~20M of space as opposed to ~32M.

Charlotte will replace Bridges with someone...maybe John Collins...I could also see them loading up and trying to get is to package Poeltl along with KJ with KJ as the bridges replacement. It's let's them put off paying that spot for another year and they would need to dump Hayward this summer.

TD 21
07-02-2022, 08:22 PM

Okogie can't replace Bridges because he can't shoot, but Richardson could.

I know the Suns will desperately try to retain Bridges, but I don't see how they pull it off if he's not included and the Jazz aren't pulled in with Mitchell going to the Nets.

RC_Drunkford
07-02-2022, 08:31 PM
Charlotte will replace Bridges with someone...maybe John Collins...I could also see them loading up and trying to get is to package Poeltl along with KJ with KJ as the bridges replacement. It's let's them put off paying that spot for another year and they would need to dump Hayward this summer.

does that mean the Blazers will now sign Bridges? :lol

mo7888
07-02-2022, 08:32 PM

:lol

exstatic
07-03-2022, 07:53 AM

Yeah, I was thinking if we have to throw the CHA pick into the pot, they’re taking McD, and we can monetize JRich elsewhere for another FRP.

offset formation
07-03-2022, 09:09 AM
Spurs shouldn't be taking on any players that take them out of the sweepstakes for a generational talent and potential face of the league.

Westbrook would likely not alter that dynamic for us, but Tobias is too consistent a shooter/player to not change at least a few games to the win column. Unless they give you a haul which they can't do.

Unless another generational talent shows up in the 2024 draft, you start adding players via FA after next year's draft. By that point your base will consist of Wembanyama, or at least ideally a top 3 pick, Branham, Wesley, Sochan, Primo, Vassell, Johnson, Jones, Langford, (Poeltl), etc.

Mal
07-03-2022, 09:30 AM
So Spurs did complete tear down and they get their own pick next season, and then 3 years later more picks start becoming available. I have bad feelings about it.

KingKev
07-03-2022, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I was thinking if we have to throw the CHA pick into the pot, they’re taking McD, and we can monetize JRich elsewhere for another FRP.

PATFO frustrates the hell out of me for shooting themselves in foot in these type of potential deals in the name of their prideful nature but if we are going to be the lubricant that facilitates a trade of this magnitude to help the Lakers, Suns and Nets PATFO better be the ones doing the fucking.

For me to eat Russ’ deal just for him to be waived and sign to another contender the asking price is the Lakers 2 FRP’s with little to no protection and someone needs to find use for McDermott or I walk. I’m all for getting a lesser return for this cap space versus providing the lube for all 3-4 parties to fuck us.

mo7888
07-03-2022, 10:15 AM
PATFO frustrates the hell out of me for shooting themselves in foot in these type of potential deals in the name of their prideful nature but if we are going to be the lubricant that facilitates a trade of this magnitude to help the Lakers, Suns and Nets PATFO better be the ones doing the fucking.

For me to eat Russ’ deal just for him to be waived and sign to another contender the asking price is the Lakers 2 FRP’s with little to no protection and someone needs to find use for McDermott or I walk. I’m all for getting a lesser return for this cap space versus providing the lube for all 3-4 parties to fuck us.

I'm in total agreement with this...we stood firm on our asking price for DJ with Atl...there's no need to waffle with the Lakers... if they don't wanna give the 2 1st's and take Doug let them find a deal elsewhere...we cab keep our space and see what happens at the trade deadline when some team gets desperate..

Dverde
07-03-2022, 10:29 AM

I’m calling vet min deal with Philly. Morey and Doc Rivers have no shame.

DPG21920
07-03-2022, 10:40 AM
Would be nice if UTA wanted space and SA ate all of the players coming from MINNY for one of those picks…

Then could flip Beasley and Bev for more picks too

KingKev
07-03-2022, 10:47 AM
I’m calling vet min deal with Philly. Morey and Doc Rivers have no shame.

I’m racking my brain for precedence in recent NBA history but coming up blank.

Innocent till proven guilty but those are some damning details and it’s not like he just he lost his cool and gave her a little shake, appears he went off.

there are certain fan bases who won’t give AF though and Philly is def one of them. Blazers did some heavy due diligence on Billups after his rape allegations before they hired him for coach so I don’t buy they would.

I think he stays in Charlotte on a short term, extreme discount as he is talented enough to be given a chance to rejuvenate himself with Lakers, Philly the only ones licking their chops.

NBA is pribably the hardest league to come back from something like that though.

TD 21
07-03-2022, 10:58 AM
^ I don't know why the Lakers and 76ers are being slandered, when it's the the Craptors who have a recent history of not only employing, but actually continuing to play a minimal player like Davis a few years ago when the process for his domestic abuse case was playing out.

KingKev
07-03-2022, 11:21 AM
^ I don't know why the Lakers and 76ers are being slandered, when it's the the Craptors who have a recent history of not only employing, but actually continuing to play a minimal player like Davis a few years ago when the process for his domestic abuse case was playing out.

Imagine if we facilitate a trade for KD to the Raps and they ring again. They are a real threat in that sweepstakes with all that young talent Massai has been accumulating.

KingKev
07-03-2022, 11:22 AM
^ might be worth helping the Raps out again if Massai would consider mentoring Brian Wright.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-03-2022, 11:27 AM
Brian Wright owned Masai in the Thad trade so Raptors may not want to deal with him again :p:

KingKev
07-03-2022, 11:28 AM
Brian Wright owned Masai in the Thad trade so Raptors may not want to deal with him again :p:

That was a pretty fair trade. So much so they re-upped Thad.

spurs10
07-03-2022, 11:52 AM
Well a few more days to go to see what happens with all that cap space money. Hopefully we walk with a bounty of unprotected picks which I'm sure is the asking price to help facilitate trades for others. I seriously don't see us going after anyone sizeable if we are trying to get in the lottery. Let the young guys play. Do we think our new draftees will be in Austin as long?

exstatic
07-03-2022, 12:21 PM
Well a few more days to go to see what happens with all that cap space money. Hopefully we walk with a bounty of unprotected picks which I'm sure is the asking price to help facilitate trades for others. I seriously don't see us going after anyone sizeable if we are trying to get in the lottery. Let the young guys play. Do we think our new draftees will be in Austin as long?

I think Sochan spends the majority of the year in SA. I think Wesley spends the majority of the year in Austin. I think Malaki will be somewhere in between.

RC_Drunkford
07-03-2022, 12:36 PM
I’m racking my brain for precedence in recent NBA history but coming up blank.

Innocent till proven guilty but those are some damning details and it’s not like he just he lost his cool and gave her a little shake, appears he went off.

there are certain fan bases who won’t give AF though and Philly is def one of them. Blazers did some heavy due diligence on Billups after his rape allegations before they hired him for coach so I don’t buy they would.

I think he stays in Charlotte on a short term, extreme discount as he is talented enough to be given a chance to rejuvenate himself with Lakers, Philly the only ones licking their chops.

NBA is pribably the hardest league to come back from something like that though.

I mean they drafted a guy who got busted with cocaine, so ...

spurs10
07-03-2022, 12:42 PM
I think Sochan spends the majority of the year in SA. I think Wesley spends the majority of the year in Austin. I think Malaki will be somewhere in between. Sounds about right. I guess I was imagining a shorter time in Austin for Wesley and Malaki, as we are hopefully just trying to give the young guys experience this year. This is not to say Austin isn't extremely great for development, perhaps even moreso with them receiving a lot more pt down
there. Again, well said.

TD 21
07-03-2022, 03:33 PM
Imagine if we facilitate a trade for KD to the Raps and they ring again. They are a real threat in that sweepstakes with all that young talent Massai has been accumulating.

:lmao At the arrogance of this organization. One of their local media mouthpieces Granger is reporting they'd be unwilling to part with Barnes and Siakam (neither of which the Nets should be targeting anyway), so if true, once again this is about attention.

:lmao The Spurs got a 20th pick (and subsequently selected a lottery level talent with a skillset the Craptors could use) for an aging player to play a limited role on a non contender.

KingKev
07-03-2022, 05:02 PM
:lmao At the arrogance of this organization. One of their local media mouthpieces Granger is reporting they'd be unwilling to part with Barnes and Siakam (neither of which the Nets should be targeting anyway), so if true, once again this is about attention.

:lmao The Spurs got a 20th pick (and subsequently selected a lottery level talent with a skillset the Craptors could use) for an aging player to play a limited role on a non contender.

They are always going to say the best guys aren’t available. Scottie Barnes might be off the table but any two of Siakim, OG, Van Fleet and Trent plus multiple FRPs (2-4) and Precious is a nice haul if something like that is on the table.

Regarding the Thad trade the Raps had to make a decision to buyout Dragic for nothing or salvage some value they didn’t give up an FRP in isolation it was actually a 12 spot pick swap: 20 for 32 and Thad. Ppl don't seem understand acquiring Thad got them his bird rights leaving them positioned to use their exception money elsewhere as an over the cap team. That trade worked out for all sides.

TD 21
07-03-2022, 05:18 PM
They are always going to say the best guys aren’t available. Scottie Barnes might be off the table but any two of Siakim, OG, Van Fleet and Trent plus multiple FRPs (2-4) and Precious is a nice haul if something like that is on the table.

Regarding the Thad trade the Raps had to make a decision to buyout Dragic for nothing or salvage some value they didn’t give up an FRP in isolation it was actually a 12 spot pick swap: 20 for 32 and Thad. Ppl don't seem understand acquiring Thad got them his bird rights leaving them positioned to use their exception money elsewhere as an over the cap team. That trade worked out for all sides.

:lmao Those clowns are probably offering Anunoby, Trent Jr. and picks/swaps. Even if they relent on Siakam, who cares? He's 28.

Getting Durant out of conference and getting a roughly 3.5 years younger Ingram along with whatever combination of non Williamson youth/picks (Murphy, Jones, Daniels, are on rookie scale contracts for 2-4 years) from a team who has rights to various Bucks/Lakers ones, makes a lot more sense.

I know, it was 13 spots and it made no sense for them. Pure arrogance presuming they'd get a similar caliber player at 33. You don't seem to understand that Young makes no sense for them.

KingKev
07-03-2022, 05:23 PM
:lmao Those clowns are probably offering Anunoby, Trent Jr. and picks/swaps. Even if they relent on Siakam, who cares? He's 28.

Getting Durant out of conference and getting a roughly 3.5 years younger Ingram along with whatever combination of non Williamson youth/picks (Murphy, Jones, Daniels, are on rookie scale contracts for 2-4 years) from a team who has rights to various Bucks/Lakers ones, makes a lot more sense.

I know, it was 13 spots and it made no sense for them. Pure arrogance presuming they'd get a similar caliber player at 33. You don't seem to understand that Young makes no sense for them.

Happy 4th of July from Vancouver… Did you wish your daddy Massai Happy Canada Day!?!

TD 21
07-03-2022, 05:27 PM
Happy 4th of July from Vancouver… Did you wish your daddy Massai Happy Canada Day!?!

In other words, you concede.

:lmao Raptors fan boy in a city where they can't stand all things Toronto.

spurraider21
07-03-2022, 05:27 PM
They could have just signed him as a free agent right now instead of forfeiting a first rounder to rent him for half a season and not do anything in the playoffs anyway

KingKev
07-03-2022, 05:30 PM
They could have just signed him as a free agent right now instead of forfeiting a first rounder to rent him for half a season and not do anything in the playoffs anyway

They were already going to be at/over the cap so those bird rights allowed them to retain him and use their exceptions to add other players which is crucial for a team with a very short bench.

KingKev
07-03-2022, 05:39 PM
In other words, you concede.

:lmao Raptors fan boy in a city where they can't stand all things Toronto.

Haha Vancouver IS better and I grew up in the Greater Toronto Area and worked on Bay St for 7yrs. I’m absolutely not a Raptors fanboy and I despise Raps fans but I think that organization does well for itself lately. Either way enjoy the banter bro. I often agree with your takes.