PDA

View Full Version : Latest Spurs Intel as the Free Agency Period Begins

timvp
07-01-2022, 10:03 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/newest-spurs-intel-free-agency-underway/

BacktoBasics
07-01-2022, 10:06 AM
Jalen Smith would be a great addition to the timeline.

AFBlue
07-01-2022, 10:09 AM
What does a realistic Smith deal look like?

mo7888
07-01-2022, 10:12 AM

Love the approach...I'd be thrilled with a Zollins/Smith combo at the C position if we can move Jak for value. Two guys who can space the floor and have upside we can explore gives us trade value and provides space for our teenagers to work.

exstatic
07-01-2022, 10:14 AM
:fro

John B
07-01-2022, 10:17 AM
Thanks Timvp. But I was expecting this read with my coffee much earlier :wakeup

Jalen is a must, especially if they will eventually lose Poeltl. And any news on Poeltl? And that’s how it feels there’s a package getting worked on. But I understand it could be that we’re playing the facilitator especially for KD’s deal. I’m hoping Spurs get more 2-3 more FRP’s for the effort, minimally protected if teams are desperate to get KD or Irving.

Mugen
07-01-2022, 10:20 AM
Isn't Keldon eligible for an extension? Any word on that front?

mo7888
07-01-2022, 10:21 AM
Thanks Timvp. But I was expecting this read with my coffee much earlier :wakeup

Jalen is a must, especially if they will eventually lose Poeltl. And any news on Poeltl? And that’s how it feels there’s a package getting worked on. But I understand it could be that we’re playing the facilitator especially for KD’s deal. I’m hoping Spurs get more 2-3 more FRP’s for the effort, minimally protected if teams are desperate to get KD or Irving.

Or Gobert or Ayton deals...

Dejounte
07-01-2022, 10:21 AM
Jalen Smith was my guy from a couple drafts ago and I watched him extensively. I wonder how much of his development has been fucked over by the Suns and if there’s still anything to grow there. If he can be at least a backup big that’s not a liability on either end, that would be great. He and Collins are a little bit too identical… but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

exstatic
07-01-2022, 10:22 AM

They’ll want to use up their cap room first, then make an offer to Keldon, which he will sit on until the last minute, judging by the DJ and White extensions.

KingKev
07-01-2022, 10:23 AM

He gets 6-10mm a year.

exstatic
07-01-2022, 10:34 AM
He gets 6-10mm a year.

You’ll want to price out the taxpayer MLE teams, and maybe the MLE teams, too. I mean, we gave 3/21 to a guy with a hundred screws in his ankle.

KingKev
07-01-2022, 10:38 AM
You’ll want to price out the taxpayer MLE teams, and maybe the MLE teams, too. I mean, we gave 3/21 to a guy with a hundred screws in his ankle.

Virtually no team can give him more than the MLE at this point and he can’t be signed and traded for more than 6ish so 13 per year is his absolute max.

If you are the Sours and you like him all rounding errors given your cap situation.

MultiTroll
07-01-2022, 10:40 AM
Thanks for staying on top of this porky.
Up to the hour info with explainations of why and how it's coming down.

:bobo

ps are you getting enough sleep? :lol

cd98
07-01-2022, 10:45 AM
It's sad because we are all excited to see what the Spurs will do with the cap space, but the reality is that the longer they wait, the better the deal for them will get. They aren't signing anyone outside of young talent because that would mess up their timeline. And a deal, like the Durant one or a Kyrie one that they might facilitate, will take time to put together. So I think we are going to be waiting a week or two to see what they finally do. So we can all back away from the computer and not bother hitting refresh every 5 minutes.

exstatic
07-01-2022, 10:45 AM
Virtually no team can give him more than the MLE at this point and he can’t be signed and traded for more than 6ish so 13 per year is his absolute max.

If you are the Sours and you like him all rounding errors given your cap situation.

I mean you’d only have to give him $11M to price out the MLE only teams. It’s like $10.7, roughly. If you can get him for Collins money, huge win.

Dejounte
07-01-2022, 10:46 AM
https://youtu.be/_xRi3hXle70

CGD
07-01-2022, 10:47 AM

I saw Houston mentioned for him yesterday. I assume they’re a MLE team bc of Wall but not certain.

KingKev
07-01-2022, 10:47 AM
I mean you’d only have to give him $11M to price out the MLE only teams. It’s like $10.7, roughly. If you can get him for Collins money, huge win.

Oh yeah my bad thought it was bumped to 12.5mm with the cap increase to ~123mm.

I agree.

Atl Spur
07-01-2022, 10:51 AM
Sounds about right…..

CGD
07-01-2022, 10:51 AM
https://youtu.be/_xRi3hXle70

Sure loves the word “Amazing.” Seems like a nice guy

KingKev
07-01-2022, 10:52 AM
I saw Houston mentioned for him yesterday. I assume they’re a MLE team bc of Wall but not certain.

Yeah my quick back of the envelope math assuming Jabari Smith at full rookie scale deal has them with around 10mm in cap, may of missed something but they basically are right around MLE in terms of their max offer. We could easily
outbid if required.

lmbebo
07-01-2022, 10:54 AM
Would love to sign him if he's still around. Maybe a S&T with Indy. Send them JRich and a 2nd for Smith? to preserve cap space?

timvp
07-01-2022, 10:56 AM

Very unlikely there's movement on that front until the October deadline, I'd think.

Dejounte
07-01-2022, 10:57 AM
Would be fantastic if the Spurs could land Vasilije Micic somehow… Euroleague MVP point guard. Probably have to give up someone valuable though. I would give up JRich if we could.

timvp
07-01-2022, 10:57 AM

Doing to an oddity in the CBA, the Pacers can't offer him more than two years and $10.6 million. If the Spurs want him, it would obviously have to be north of that figure.

exstatic
07-01-2022, 10:59 AM
Oh yeah my bad thought it was bumped to 12.5mm with the cap increase to ~123mm.

I agree.

Y’know, it might be more. The figure I used was an estimate from like May?

Kid flat balled out when he was put into the IND rotation. He wasn’t afraid of the moment. He’s also only 5 months older than Keegan Murray, and has one gleague season and one nba season under his belt.

Dejounte
07-01-2022, 10:59 AM
https://youtu.be/mNkK164j1tQ

AFBlue
07-01-2022, 11:00 AM
Doing to an oddity in the CBA, the Pacers can't offer him more than two years and $10.6 million. If the Spurs want him, it would obviously have to be north of that figure.

Got it.

Dejounte
07-01-2022, 11:02 AM
https://twitter.com/arbarkas/status/1542861337990205441

Come on, Spurs…

timvp
07-01-2022, 11:02 AM
It's sad because we are all excited to see what the Spurs will do with the cap space, but the reality is that the longer they wait, the better the deal for them will get. They aren't signing anyone outside of young talent because that would mess up their timeline. And a deal, like the Durant one or a Kyrie one that they might facilitate, will take time to put together.

Yeah, that's the reality of the situation.

Any signing at all has to be second guessed until Durant and Kyrie land in their next destination. Someone like Jalen Smith could be a nice value signing ....... but what if you accidentally use up space that a desperate team would pay top dollar for in coming weeks? If the Spurs play their cards right, they may be able to turn their ~$40 million in cap space into like two or three first rounders.

MultiTroll
07-01-2022, 11:03 AM
a deal, like the Durant one or a Kyrie
Durant not now. Impressive performance in the 21 playoffs vs Milwaukee but even as skinny as he is i think the Achilles days are numbered.

Kyrie idea you should seek crack use relief. The last think a very young growing core needs is that narcissist diva showing what not to do.

D'Oh you just meant the Spurs be a 3rd team party of. I was wrong.

KingKev
Would love to sign him if he's still around. Maybe a S&T with Indy. Send them JRich and a 2nd for Smith? to preserve cap space?

Indy can’t sign and trade him for more than ~6mm. Won’t happen.

lmbebo

a 3/25 type deal worth it?

lmbebo
07-01-2022, 11:04 AM
Indy can’t sign and trade him for more than ~6mm. Won’t happen.

Yeah, saw that afterwards... so if he wants more than 6m, we would need to sign him out right.

The Truth #6
07-01-2022, 11:37 AM
Bringing Brown back as a coach to me is great news. I feel like Pop does better with a peer around him and not a complete coaching youth movement. As for Jalen Smith, I think he's a good fit, but given the goals of the team, waiting to see where the Durant/Irving talks go is the smart play I would say.

Ocotillo
07-01-2022, 11:47 AM
I would like to see Jalen Smith added as Zollins insurance, especially if in addition to losing Jock, Jak get's shipped somewhere.

exstatic
07-01-2022, 11:50 AM
If I were Wright, I’d be focusing on the Durant trade. That’s going to be the easier one to evaluate, since he still has multiple years left on his contract.

The potential Kyrie trade is a dumpster fire on multiple levels, including the fact that it’s Kyrie.

poopbox
07-01-2022, 11:52 AM
So we are basically sitting around just waiting for someone to get desperate so that we can get draft capital for absorbing a bad contract

Not mad since we are clearly tanking but remember how we were all thinking about how a DJ and Ayton pairing would look not even a week ago :rollin

buujness
07-01-2022, 11:53 AM
Jalen Smith was my guy from a couple drafts ago and I watched him extensively. I wonder how much of his development has been fucked over by the Suns and if there’s still anything to grow there. If he can be at least a backup big that’s not a liability on either end, that would be great. He and Collins are a little bit too identical… but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
I watched a few of his Pacer games this past season. I was impressed by his offensive play; nice shot, with a surprisingly advanced feel for the game on that end. He rarely made poor decisions, sometimes eschewing decent shots for good or great ones later in the possession. That being said, for all of his offensive feel, his defensive feel for the game was nil. He was often out of position, playing either the 5 or the 4 (Indiana had him play both). His defensive rebounding was good, and he was decent if a guard tried to take advantage of him in isolation, but his awareness was extremely poor, IMO.

I'd say that there's talent there to be mined; he just went to a terrible place for development, as he wasn't going to get regular playing time in order to iron out those problems on a team with LOB aspirations.

scott
07-01-2022, 12:00 PM
https://youtu.be/mNkK164j1tQ

Intrigued by this guy. Would be a fun PG to develop whilst tanking. Wonder what “real asset” could get it done

RC_Drunkford
07-01-2022, 12:18 PM

You‘re acting like every team in the league wants the guy. It‘s 2 Teams and the Spurs are one of them

RC_Drunkford
07-01-2022, 12:19 PM
Micic won’t come over. He does not want to play on a tanking team and OKC wants a first for trading his rights

Dejounte
07-01-2022, 12:29 PM
For the pro tanking crew, prepare to be disappointed :lmao

https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/1542921526265233414

mo7888
07-01-2022, 12:29 PM

That's what we want...

Robz4000
07-01-2022, 12:32 PM

:lol says Keldon right before he's traded too

KingKev
07-01-2022, 12:33 PM

haha “Everything will be alright”
Atl Spur you write that for Keldon homie?

Dejounte
07-01-2022, 12:37 PM
https://twitter.com/paulgarcianba/status/1542917636400594944

Last year’s leadership trio: Murray, White, Poeltl then Murray, Keldon, Poeltl

This year? Could be Keldon, Vassell, Primo…

exstatic
07-01-2022, 12:38 PM
You‘re acting like every team in the league wants the guy. It‘s 2 Teams and the Spurs are one of them

Wow. You have the numbers of all of the GMs?

RC_Drunkford
07-01-2022, 12:43 PM
Wow. You have the numbers of all of the GMs?

no I read the news

Atl Spur
07-01-2022, 12:43 PM

I like this new you! I hate that you noticed ( my writing style ) lol

CGD
07-01-2022, 12:44 PM
If I were Wright, I’d be focusing on the Durant trade. That’s going to be the easier one to evaluate, since he still has multiple years left on his contract.

The potential Kyrie trade is a dumpster fire on multiple levels, including the fact that it’s Kyrie.

Lotta smoke about Nets<>Suns re KD deal.

I think Spurs probably more likely to be facilitating at Kyrie deal to Lakers. Problem is Lakers need assets to send us for Brick and something for Nets. Seems tough, unless maybe we get off Dougie.

RC_Drunkford
07-01-2022, 12:45 PM

and you think thats gonna make them win games? I hope they fight hard, but they will still lose cause they lack elite talent

SpursFan86
07-01-2022, 12:49 PM
What do you guys expect players to say?

“Yeah I’m looking forward to being dead last in the conference next year. Our team met today and decided on 22 wins being a realistic target.” :lol

Atl Spur
07-01-2022, 12:50 PM
I’d be shocked if we ever help the lakers!

Dejounte
07-01-2022, 12:53 PM

“Yeah I’m looking forward to being dead last in the conference next year. Our team met today and decided on 22 wins being a realistic target.” :lol

Nope but when the players start outperforming everyone’s expectations and win games, I’m going to grab my popcorn and enjoy the crying about how “so and so player needs to sit down because he’s winning too many games for us”.

exstatic
07-01-2022, 12:58 PM
no I read the news

Did you know the Knicks were going to steal Morris a few years back? That wasn’t in the news until it happened.

The best teams hold their cards close to the best. Makes no sense that only two teams would be interested in a 22 YO 6’10” PF who is a vertical threat, rebounds, and shoots the 3 at 37% when in the rotation.

John B
07-01-2022, 12:59 PM
Atl Spur (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8789) you write that for Keldon homie?

I think Primo got the same script they’re passing around. Dude, why do they expect to say? These guys are paid mil-lions!! of dollars, and not just to run lapses on the court.

RC_Drunkford
07-01-2022, 01:00 PM
Spurs were saying the last 3 years we have a chip on our shoulders, we‘re going to make the playoffs and everytime they missed them:lmao

RC_Drunkford
07-01-2022, 01:02 PM
Did you know the Knicks were going to steal Morris a few years back? That wasn’t in the news until it happened.

The best teams hold their cards close to the best. Makes no sense that only two teams would be interested in a 22 YO 6’10” PF who is a vertical threat, rebounds, and shoots the 3 at 37% when in the rotation.

:lol how is Jalen Smith comparable to Marcus Morris? He‘s a 3rd stringer. Just cause he’s the only player out of this entire FA class that you want them to sign doesn‘t mean he‘s a marquee free agent

NASpurs
07-01-2022, 01:04 PM
Nope but when the players start outperforming everyone’s expectations and win games, I’m going to grab my popcorn and enjoy the crying about how “so and so player needs to sit down because he’s winning too many games for us”.

:lol that's not going to happen

TDomination
07-01-2022, 01:05 PM
i've mentioned it before, this team as is (with poeltl, johnson, vassell, primo) will win as many games as last year or close to it.
-tre jones looked sharp is many games as PG and is a great finisher at the rim
-vassell is getting better and is on the cusp of becoming really good from what i saw last year
-having a true 4 with sochan will already improve our defense.

unfortunately for tankers (me included) we will likely be between 8th or 10th worst team in the league. barring injuries. this team will not outright tank like portland did or okc or the rockets.

Dejounte
07-01-2022, 01:09 PM
i've mentioned it before, this team as is (with poeltl, johnson, vassell, primo) will win as many games as last year or close to it.
-vassell is getting better and is on the cusp of becoming really good from what i saw last year

unfortunately for tankers (me included) we will likely be between 8th or 10th worst team in the league. barring injuries. this team will not outright tank like portland did or okc or the rockets.

This is exactly what I’m saying :lmao

but it’s flying over the heads of some people

the team’s competitiveness alone and better team synergy will keep out of the top 8 again and people will cry.

Leetonidas
07-01-2022, 01:12 PM
Imo yall are crazy if you think SA will have a similar record next year. West got better, division got better, Lakers and Clippers will be better. Spurs will be competing with Houston for worst record in the West imo. No way this team wins 25 games as currently constructed. If they ship Jak at then I'm saying 20 wins tops

Atl Spur
07-01-2022, 01:13 PM

the team’s competitiveness alone and better team synergy will keep out of the top 8 again and people will cry.
^ all of this

Atl Spur
07-01-2022, 01:14 PM
Imo yall are crazy if you think SA will have a similar record next year. West got better, division got better, Lakers and Clippers will be better. Spurs will be competing with Houston for worst record in the West imo. No way this team wins 25 games as currently constructed. If they ship Jak at then I'm saying 20 wins tops

Slow down big guy……let’s see how we finish up free agency!

Robz4000
07-01-2022, 01:15 PM

:lol

Leetonidas
07-01-2022, 01:17 PM

:lol hey I didn't say they would be a top seed, just that they would be better which isn't saying much

Knowing the Lakers they'll find a way to get Kyrie from Brooklyn.

exstatic
07-01-2022, 01:18 PM
:lol how is Jalen Smith comparable to Marcus Morris? He‘s a 3rd stringer. Just cause he’s the only player out of this entire FA class that you want them to sign doesn‘t mean he‘s a marquee free agent

Some of the best FA signing aren’t the marquee ones. Also, wasn’t comparing Morris to Smith,but one situation where you didn’t have the NBA GM Rolodex working for you, with another situation like that.

I haven’t heard anything =/= nothing’s happening.

Mr. Body
07-01-2022, 01:18 PM
Damn, Keldon sounds dejected trying to make sense of the trade. Yeah like I said this will impact team chemistry. These older guys aren't playing for the team, they're playing for some other team in the future.

Robz4000
07-01-2022, 01:21 PM
:lol hey I didn't say they would be a top seed, just that they would be better which isn't saying much

Knowing the Lakers they'll find a way to get Kyrie from Brooklyn.

Just don't see how they do it tbh. Even then, Irving has proven to be a cancer so whose to say he doesn't sink the Lakers like Westbrick?

KingKev
07-01-2022, 01:23 PM

Which is why Jak needs to go. That’s 5-10 games right there.

Leetonidas
07-01-2022, 01:24 PM
Just don't see how they do it tbh. Even then, Irving has proven to be a cancer so whose to say he doesn't sink the Lakers like Westbrick?

KD demanding out has kinda forced BKs hand, and the market for Irving on a one year deal is incredibly limited. Irving is a cancer but the only time he ever fell in line was with LeBron. Westbrook just sucks, unlike Kyrie. If kyrie goes to LA and plays in 75% of their games and their glass forward doesn't miss 75% of the season i'd expect them to be a playoff team. while they were complete trash last year, a lot of that was due to injuries and poor fit with a bunch of washed up geezers on min deals.

Like i said i dont think they'll be a top seeded team but i dont expect them to miss the playoffs again

RC_Drunkford
07-01-2022, 01:25 PM
Some of the best FA signing aren’t the marquee ones. Also, wasn’t comparing Morris to Smith,but one situation where you didn’t have the NBA GM Rolodex working for you, with another situation like that.

I haven’t heard anything =/= nothing’s happening.

actually the Morris thing got reported a couple days before it happened

BatManu20
07-01-2022, 01:29 PM
Which is why Jak needs to go. That’s 5-10 games right there.

Yup. Literally zero reason for Jak to be on this team at the start of the season. He needs to be moved.

BatManu20
07-01-2022, 01:30 PM
I’ll actually be really pissed if Jakob is still on this team in October.

TDomination
07-01-2022, 01:37 PM
This game against the Nuggets in April is some of what we can expect without Murray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCB2zBVmX2g

scott
07-01-2022, 01:38 PM

poopbox
07-01-2022, 01:40 PM

"Well with Dejounte gone I don't have anyone to help me on defense so I know the guy I am guarding will have a career high but whatever I'm extension eligible so I'm trying to have another career year so I can get traded to":lol

poopbox
07-01-2022, 01:46 PM
Slow down big guy……let’s see how we finish up free agency!

Finish...we haven't even started yet tbh :lol

ducks
07-01-2022, 01:53 PM
Yup. Literally zero reason for Jak to be on this team at the start of the season. He needs to be moved.

Ayton has to be signed first

dbestpro
07-01-2022, 02:05 PM
Expect Durant to get moved for other allstar vets. The Nets do not want to rebuld. I expect them to ask for Booker and Ayton (sign and trade) from the Suns or Butler plus from Miami. Moving Durant is not going to be simple as many think. Any draft capital would probably be generated from the Suns or Miami. Of course Sarver is notoriously cheap. It would not surprise me to see Dallas make a move for Durant. In the end wherever he goes and if the Spurs are involved we will be trading our signing room for very late in the draft picks.

The Truth #6
07-01-2022, 02:08 PM

I don't think any player wants to tank/play poorly because that affects their livelihood and next contract. It's all about who plays and who is on the team, basically a GM/coaching decision. But hey, I like his attitude. We want the players to keep working.

mo7888
07-01-2022, 02:11 PM
Expect Durant to get moved for other allstar vets. The Nets do not want to rebuld. I expect them to ask for Booker and Ayton (sign and trade) from the Suns or Butler plus from Miami. Moving Durant is not going to be simple as many think. Any draft capital would probably be generated from the Suns or Miami. Of course Sarver is notoriously cheap. It would not surprise me to see Dallas make a move for Durant. In the end wherever he goes and if the Spurs are involved we will be trading our signing room for very late in the draft picks.

What all-star vets can Dallas send?

lmbebo
07-01-2022, 02:16 PM

Not sure what phoenix looks like without booker and with KD.

spurraider21
07-01-2022, 02:18 PM
I’ll actually be really pissed if Jakob is still on this team in October.
yep. i remember being pissed that we didnt move LMA during the draft and then we ended up waiving him :lmao

NASpurs
07-01-2022, 02:19 PM

Trey Lyles :lol

Those were dark times, I'm glad we're on the other side of the tunnel now.

mo7888
07-01-2022, 02:21 PM
If the Nets really want two all star types out of this deal there's really only a few teams that can deliver on that. I'm wondering if Danny Ainge would want to make a mark on his team by sending Gobert and Mitchell there for KD and Kyrie? They'd need to unload Conley and I'm sure we'd oblige for a future 1st and maybe Jared Butler...

That might be the best Brooklyn can do of they're committed to taking back players over picks..

exstatic
07-01-2022, 02:49 PM
actually the Morris thing got reported a couple days before it happened

Actually, it wasn’t. We went through the entire moratorium thinking he was coming here and he dropped the bomb after it ended. He was talking to NY the whole time.

Oh, and newsflash. No one announces it while signing the contract at a news conference.. There’s always a day or two gap.

Waiting on the next plot twist to explain why you don't actually know how many teams are interested in Smith.

exstatic
07-01-2022, 02:53 PM

:lol. Dallas just lost their only asset not named Luka to the Knicks. They’ve got nothing.

spurs10
07-01-2022, 02:55 PM
Actually, it wasn’t. We went through the entire moratorium thinking he was coming here and he dropped the bomb after it ended. He was talking to NY the whole time.

Oh, and newsflash. No one announces it while signing the contract at a news conference.. There’s always a day or two gap.

Waiting on the next plot twist to explain why you don't actually know how many teams are interested in Smith. :hungry:

rjv
07-01-2022, 03:01 PM

The Nets would have to get rid of Simmons somehow if they want Booker because Simmons already takes up the slot for the designated rookie rule. Booker would put the Nets over.

John B
07-01-2022, 03:21 PM

Not if Spurs move Poeltl :lol

And hey, that’s no approvation of Poeltl. He’s good but not of a rebuilding team with already offensive problem as it is. But everybody here, well mostly, knows that

slick'81
07-01-2022, 03:22 PM
Not if Spurs move Poeltl :lol

And hey, that’s no approvation of Poeltl. He’s good but not of a rebuilding team with already offensive problem as it is.

exactly get what you can and burn this bitch down

John B
07-01-2022, 03:23 PM
exactly get what you can and burn this bitch down

:( Well something like that

slick'81
07-01-2022, 03:24 PM
:( Well something like that

Pray we get in the top3 .its our only hope

RC_Drunkford
07-01-2022, 03:31 PM

Waiting on the next plot twist to explain why you don't actually know how many teams are interested in Smith.

It got reported that the Knicks are trying to get Morris right after they signed Reggie Bullock, but since you don't follow updates I'm not surprised that you don't know about it

Thomas82
07-01-2022, 03:59 PM
Not sure what phoenix looks like without booker and with KD.

Well, we won't get to find out since Booker just got an extension from the Suns.

Thomas82
07-01-2022, 04:00 PM

Well, all of them are gone except for Keldon.

koriwhat
07-01-2022, 04:57 PM
Well, all of them are gone except for Keldon.

Thank God for Keldon! He's the only one out of that group with balls and plays like a bull in a china shop. His passion is contagious and I am glad he's still here.

tmtcsc
07-01-2022, 05:17 PM

I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever. More so because although Murray put up good individual stats, he wasn't a game changer. He didn't win you games and his loss won't mean more L's in the loss column.

Kurik
07-01-2022, 05:57 PM
Poeltl alone probably accounts for 8-10 wins, hopefully Spurs can get 1-2 FRPs for him if they are even thinking about it.

baseline bum
07-01-2022, 06:07 PM

Could the Lakers possibly be worse than last year?

exstatic
07-01-2022, 06:11 PM
Poeltl alone probably accounts for 8-10 wins, hopefully Spurs can get 1-2 FRPs for him if they are even thinking about it.

7 wins, by W/S.

mystargtr34
07-01-2022, 06:14 PM
I could see the current Spurs roster with Poeltl get to 35 wins. Internal improvement of young guys plus Sochan strengthening a weak link in the chain at the 4 spot. This would make up a lot of Dejountes calories.

But if Poeltl is traded for picks and no other veterans are added I can see that win total dropping to 25 easily. It would be a layup line to the rim all season. There’s a big drop off to Collins.

Hopefully Josh Richardson also gets us a lottery protected FRP from a playoff team.

bluebellmaniac
07-01-2022, 06:23 PM
Pray we get in the top3 .its our only hope

That's what they said to Obi-Wan

Robz4000
07-01-2022, 06:23 PM

Lebron is getting up there in age and father time always wins in the end...

exstatic
07-01-2022, 06:31 PM
I could see the current Spurs roster with Poeltl get to 35 wins. Internal improvement of young guys plus Sochan strengthening a weak link in the chain at the 4 spot. This would make up a lot of Dejountes calories.

But if Poeltl is traded for picks and no other veterans are added I can see that win total dropping to 25 easily. It would be a layup line to the rim all season. There’s a big drop off to Collins.

Hopefully Josh Richardson also gets us a lottery protected FRP from a playoff team.

In his second season, Zack was in the top 3-4 in opp FG% at the rim. We didn’t just go get him because he shot 3 pointers. Jock did that, and was a lot cheaper.

RC_Drunkford
07-01-2022, 06:38 PM
Would be ideal to make Zach the starting C and then trade him as well next offseason

Thomas82
07-01-2022, 06:46 PM
Thank God for Keldon! He's the only one out of that group with balls and plays like a bull in a china shop. His passion is contagious and I am glad he's still here.

Keldon is the saving grace from the 2019 draft.

Thomas82
07-01-2022, 06:47 PM
Lebron is getting up there in age and father time always wins in the end...

That's right, LeBron is going into Year 20 and will be 38 in December.

Proxy
07-01-2022, 07:06 PM
That's right, LeBron is going into Year 20 and will be 38 in December.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/br6yE8V2wggH1Bthx6/giphy.gif

Drom John
07-02-2022, 04:43 PM
7 wins, by W/S.

Poeltl 6.8 by FiveThirtyEight VORP

Murray 7.0

Walker -0.4

Mal
07-02-2022, 04:50 PM
Just move Jacob, go full tank.

Atl Spur
10-31-2022, 01:41 PM

That man was telling the truth😳

T Park
10-31-2022, 06:57 PM

Looks like it so far ��