Roby
Collins

Joe
Kdp
Barlow

Definitely plausible

offset formation
07-08-2022, 11:11 AM
One positive thing to look forward to this upcoming season will be if PATFO's insistence on making Primo a PG is a wise move.

I don't see it but he's going to have a whole season to prove his doubters wrong. Or at least one would think we'd only have to endure one season of Primo likely being misused but seeing as Pop has had Keldon playing the 4 for the last couple years, maybe not.

So maybe after this year we can finally get folks to play the positions they're best suited for, at least on the defensive end in Keldons case, and on the offensive and defensive end for Primo.

Looking forward to the game this afternoon to see what Primo's been doing this offseason.

KingKev
07-08-2022, 11:27 AM
Primo
Devin
Keldon
Ben ( primary ball handler )
Ayton

Tre or Blake
Langford or Branham
Sochan
Roby
Collins

Joe
Kdp
Barlow

Definitely plausible

I’m the stupid one? You post a lineup without even offering the moves of what it takes to get there. Can’t even write people’s names. Who is Joe? Joe Wieskamp? Joe Harris? Joe Budden? Joe Biden? You use first names for some ppl, last names for others.

I think we can all agree YOU ARE THE STUPID ONE

RC_Drunkford
07-08-2022, 12:01 PM
Ben from down the block is aight, but not good enough for the NBA. I don‘t know how we gon get KDP. I think he‘s doing 25 to life right now

MultiTroll
07-08-2022, 12:13 PM
It's a thought. If anyone can get Simmons off tofu and ingesting some beef both phys and mentally.....wow would be a trip to see him play some good ball.

Not sure why ST agrees with Popped that Primo must be a point guard.
Seems more of a 1-2 and even more of a 2 at that.

Popped forced DJ Murray into being a PG, even trying to ram "be like Chrissy Paul" down his throat. While DJ has grown leaps and bounds and eventually became a PG, just watch and see how much he kicks ass on Atlanta with Trey. Granted Trey is technically the SG but Trey handles the ball a LOT. DJ is gonna feast off ball.

If Primo ends up being a good PG, great. Just don't see why he is being pigeon holed in PG at perhaps the cost of the rest of his game like DJ 2018-21.

Dex
07-08-2022, 12:13 PM
You might want to stop thinking for a while.

spurs1990
07-08-2022, 12:18 PM
So New Jersey will accept Poetle, McDermott, and Richardson for Simmons?

On second thought they probably would. That dude is broken. Total headcase

scott
07-08-2022, 12:21 PM
As much as this is a bit pipe-dreamy... I think it does raise a decent discussion point.

It is fairly well agreed upon that the Spurs are in a rebuild mode... but at the same time, many acknowledge that we aren't "tanking" (but the talent on this team should naturally result in a lotto pick).

There are some posters here who are very committed to the tank to the point where every victory this season will be season as a reason to fire the entire coaching staff and FO. However, having just acquired the "haul" for DJ... why not start the rebuild in another way?

Extend an offer sheet to Ayton, and make a move for another young, but still unproven potential lead player (you have CHA and CHI picks to offer, along with Jak. Could you potentially land someone like Kuminga*?) If you think you've gone a good job drafting, you should improve as a team, and now you have more picks for the future. It likely takes you out of the Top 6 sweepstakes, but it could elevate you out of the play-in and then you are hoping one of the 5 FRPs you've made in the last 3 years elevates to star status.

Many will (justifiably) argue that this is a less preferred option to getting that Top 3 pick this year... and there is a good chance that is correct. But it isn't the only way. Also, I fully acknowledge that this is highly unlikely to happen, but this is a Spurs message board where it is wholly appropriate to share fantasy ideas. And for the record, I might still prefer the 2022-23 Tank approach.

*I use Kuminga because he's all I can think of. A young player with a lot of promise who hasn't blossomed on his current team due to certain circumstances (like available playing time in Kuminga's case). I'm sure there are others like this.

KingKev
07-08-2022, 12:25 PM
Ben from down the block is aight, but not good enough for the NBA. I don‘t know how we gon get KDP. I think he‘s doing 25 to life right now

Damn free KDP.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-08-2022, 12:37 PM
So New Jersey will accept Poetle, McDermott, and Richardson for Simmons?

On second thought they probably would. That dude is broken. Total headcase

They may need to unload him for a package like this in order to unlock several Durant trade possibilities. Doubt Simmons has much value at all after a year and a half without playing and a back surgery to boot.

Maddog
07-08-2022, 12:50 PM
They may need to unload him for a package like this in order to unlock several Durant trade possibilities. Doubt Simmons has much value at all after a year and a half without playing and a back surgery to boot.

Probably worth a separate thread in the NBA forum- but damn that whole Nets thing has really gone south. Even when they traded for Simmons it looked like they got the better deal but no.......

Leetonidas
07-08-2022, 01:12 PM
Lol this really needed its own thread? Spurs aren't trading for Simmons

Atl Spur
07-08-2022, 01:12 PM
Damn free KDP.

Kev I used stupid in the sense what you stated was funny hence the lol:) relax big homie no Spurs Talk fight from me today. Moving right along, a package of poodle + McDermott + Richardson ( poodle & Richardson both expiring ) would help that team even if a KD trade doesn’t take place. Ayton can be signed outright. Spurs don’t have to pay anyone big money for awhile ( Ayton & Ben could be traded in a few years while the young ins grow up ).

Atl Spur
07-08-2022, 01:14 PM
Lol this really needed its own thread? Spurs aren't trading for Simmons

Two things can be true…… you didn’t have to read it or post. Just throwing out a hypothetical on a message board…go figure.

Leetonidas
07-08-2022, 01:40 PM
Two things can be true…… you didn’t have to read it or post. Just throwing out a hypothetical on a message board…go figure.

Not like we don't have multiple threads going discussing these possibilities already dude

mo7888
07-08-2022, 01:40 PM
Primo
Devin
Keldon
Ayton

Tre or Blake
Langford or Branham
Sochan
Roby
Collins

Joe
Kdp
Barlow

Definitely plausible

Well I'll say this.... I'd prefer we trade away jak etal for pics and try to get as high of a draft pick as possible.....but, if we wanted to forego a true rebuild then this is about as good as we could do and this team would be better than last years team..

KingKev
07-08-2022, 01:41 PM
Kev I used stupid in the sense what you stated was funny hence the lol:) relax big homie no Spurs Talk fight from me today. Moving right along, a package of poodle + McDermott + Richardson ( poodle & Richardson both expiring ) would help that team even if a KD trade doesn’t take place. Ayton can be signed outright. Spurs don’t have to pay anyone big money for awhile ( Ayton & Ben could be traded in a few years while the young ins grow up ).

You think I’m funny? Like funny how? I make you laugh? Do I amuse you?

(goodfellas reference)

I’m sensitive bro. My bad.

DAF86
07-08-2022, 02:10 PM
Primo
Devin
Keldon
Ayton

Tre or Blake
Langford or Branham
Sochan
Roby
Collins

Joe
Kdp
Barlow

Definitely plausible

Probably a worse team than last season.

GAustex
07-08-2022, 02:41 PM
I’m the stupid one? You post a lineup without even offering the moves of what it takes to get there. Can’t even write people’s names. Who is Joe? Joe Wieskamp? Joe Harris? Joe Budden? Joe Biden? You use first names for some ppl, last names for others.

I think we can all agree YOU ARE THE STUPID ONE
Miss Cleo thinks you can see future like she can.

Atl Spur
07-08-2022, 03:59 PM
You think I’m funny? Like funny how? I make you laugh? Do I amuse you?

(goodfellas reference)

I’m sensitive bro. My bad.

We good big dog!