PDA

View Full Version : Where's that dude . . .

smeagol
11-30-2005, 07:36 AM
. . . Implacable that was talking shit about Bruce?

I wonder . . . :spin

travis2
11-30-2005, 08:24 AM
. . . Implacable that was taking shit about Bruce?

:lmao

And let's not forget the ones who were slobbering all over Nazr over Rasho...

implacable44
11-30-2005, 11:15 AM
. . . Implacable that was taking shit about Bruce?

I am right here dude - I already gave Bruce his props - posted it in two different threads. Stay current man - stay current-- see title : McGrady just went off on Bowen last night.

It is worth noting that Kobe hasn't shot well all year as has been well documented in this forum.I mean he dropped 46 on new jersey and shot 14 for 36 which is about the same percentage he shot last night. he shot 12 for 35 against the clippers. basically the same. He has terrible shot selection and always has. I mean does that mean that Cutino Mobley is as good a defender as Bruce?

I also pointed out that Lebron played worse against Lebron shot 6 for 17 against the Magic a few nights after the Spurs game with Hedo guarding him which is equal to what bowen did and well we all know what happened to T-Mac after the Spurs-Rockets game.

That being said - Bowen has far exceeded my expectations this year and I applaud him - he is, like I said - a man among boys when it comes to defense.

alamo50
11-30-2005, 11:55 AM
And let's not forget the ones who were slobbering all over Nazr over Rasho...

That's still me.

:hat

smeagol
11-30-2005, 12:05 PM
That being said - Bowen has far exceeded my expectations this year and I applaud him - he is, like I said - a man among boys when it comes to defense.
*Applause*

Way to man up.

Although I fail to see why you have come to realize this just now. Bruce has been playing at a high level, in terms of his D, for a long time now.

FromWayDowntown
11-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Although I fail to see why you have come to realize this just now. Bruce has been playing at a high level, in terms of his D, for a long time now.

I think implacable wants to be that guy who can say "I told you so; I saw it coming," when Bruce Bowen finally starts to backslide. Odd way to support a team, but as Tookie Williams might say: without an agenda, life isn't worth living.

implacable44
11-30-2005, 12:12 PM
*Applause*

Way to man up.

My comments were more geared toward this year and his age that I didn't think he could hold that high level.

travis2
11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
That's still me.

:hat

Aw c'mon, alamo...you can't deny Rasho has been wiping the floor with Nazr so far this season...

Kori Ellis
11-30-2005, 01:42 PM
I mean he dropped 46 on new jersey and shot 14 for 36 which is about the same percentage he shot last night. he shot 12 for 35 against the clippers. basically the same.

14/36 = 39 percent

Last night he shot 27 percent.

So if that's "basically the same" then a shooter who shoots 50 percent from the floor is basically the same as one who shoots 40. :rolleyes

Give some real props to Bowen without some weird justification or conditions.

implacable44
11-30-2005, 02:37 PM
14/36 = 39 percent

Last night he shot 27 percent.

So if that's "basically the same" then a shooter who shoots 50 percent from the floor is basically the same as one who shoots 40. :rolleyes

Give some real props to Bowen without some weird justification or conditions.

14 for 36 -- 12 for 35 and 9 for 33 -- what is the difference ?3 or 4 shots ?

I notice you failed to mention how many shots kobe missed when bowen was guarding him - you felt the need to post how many he made so how many were missed - I am sure it is in Bruce's favor but I would like to see the breakdown of kobes shots and who was guarding him at the time - why not post that instead of just saying he made 3 shots -

Kori Ellis
11-30-2005, 02:41 PM
14 for 36 -- 12 for 35 and 9 for 33 -- what is the difference ?3 or 4 shots ?

I notice you failed to mention how many shots kobe missed when bowen was guarding him - you felt the need to post how many he made so how many were missed - I am sure it is in Bruce's favor but I would like to see the breakdown of kobes shots and who was guarding him at the time - why not post that instead of just saying he made 3 shots -

Well Bowen was guarding him for the majority of his shots. I don't have the breakdown in front of me (one of the statisticians had it at the game). It was something like 3/18 against Bowen and 6/15 against the rest of the team. Does that help?

implacable44
11-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Well Bowen was guarding him for the majority of his shots. I don't have the breakdown in front of me (one of the statisticians had it at the game). It was something like 3/18 against Bowen and 6/15 against the rest of the team. Does that help?

just curious - like i said - you are debating 3 or 4 shots -- Kobe has always had terrible shot selection -- always -- ever since he jacked up 2 air balls against the Jazz with the game on the line. There are plenty of 50% shooters that become 40% shooters in one game. Over the season the difference between 40 and 50% could be hundreds of shots -- not 3 or 4 from one game. Keep it real in your comparisons.

Spurminator
11-30-2005, 02:46 PM
It is worth noting that Kobe hasn't shot well all year as has been well documented in this forum.

Before last night his FG% for the year was 44%. His career is 45%.

Kori Ellis
11-30-2005, 02:48 PM
just curious - like i said - you are debating 3 or 4 shots -- Kobe has always had terrible shot selection -- always -- ever since he jacked up 2 air balls against the Jazz with the game on the line. There are plenty of 50% shooters that become 40% shooters in one game. Over the season the difference between 40 and 50% could be hundreds of shots -- not 3 or 4 from one game. Keep it real in your comparisons.

I'm not debating 3 or 4 shots.

Bowen held Kobe to 3 made shots last night.

In his previous five games, Kobe had made (on average) 13 shots per game.

implacable44
11-30-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm not debating 3 or 4 shots.

Bowen held Kobe to 3 made shots last night.

In his previous five games, Kobe had made (on average) 13 shots per game.

he made 9 shots last night - not 3. I mean how do I know that against Cuttino Mobley Kobe only made 2 for 17 or something and scored his points against the rest of the Clip joint - or maybe he only hit 1 for 10 against richard jefferson and scored all his points against J-kidd on switches ? does that make those guys better defenders than bowen ?

and your comment did compare one game percentages of Kobe with a 40 or 50% shooter - which in one game is higly possible - say peja hit 4 for 10 from the three point line and bibby hit 5 for 10 2-point attempts ? - who was more valuable that day ? -- Peja scored 12 and bibby only had 10.