PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: Summer League Game 3 - Spurs vs Rockets -July 11th, 2022 @ 6PM CT

Pages : [1] 2

DC23
07-11-2022, 12:03 PM
Back at it agian.

GAustex
07-11-2022, 12:07 PM
Primo go stand in the corner and when they pass it to you shoot it if your open

RC_Drunkford
07-11-2022, 12:07 PM
back to back. I assume we will rest a lot of guys. They are 19, that's too old to play 2 games in 2 days

Vince Carter's ankle
07-11-2022, 12:09 PM
The Overreaction Championship is declared open

Kurik
07-11-2022, 12:20 PM
back to back. I assume we will rest a lot of guys. They are 19, that's too old to play 2 games in 2 days

Probably booked them a spa day this morning.

John B
07-11-2022, 12:21 PM
Toby playing tonight. Let's get a win :lol

Russ
07-11-2022, 12:39 PM

They deserve a reward for the great success they've achieved up to now (I think they're like 1-9 in the last two Summer League seasons).

There's a really good (albeit depressing) article at Pounding the Rock about the state of things called "The Spurs finally realized they're just like every other franchise."

I'm always an optimist (and still am) but . . .

John B
07-11-2022, 12:40 PM
I think Primo comes out more aggressive tonight. I'm sure that the coaching staff wants him to, and that's what he will try to do tonight. So let's see how he bounce back from last night's game. Let's go Primo!

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 12:57 PM
Primo’s gotta redemption game after that abysmal 2/15 showing yesterday. And I think he will tbh.

spurs10
07-11-2022, 01:14 PM
:flag::flag::flag:

R. DeMurre
07-11-2022, 01:30 PM
It's not even Primo's shooting that I'm worried about per se-- bad shooting games are inevitable for anyone. It's the lack of intangibles-- the awkward passes in too close quarters, the long twos with time still on the shot clock, and a temperament that was labeled as "poise" last year now looking like a lack of fire/nonchalance. Primo's abysmal impact stats in both the G league and NBA were somewhat defendable using the age arguement, but if he's still a tier down in summer league going against guys his own age who didn't have the benefit of a year in the G league and the NBA, then it's probably a legit red flag, and worthy of concern.

Mugen
07-11-2022, 01:36 PM
:lol It's the Spurs, you know half the team is gonna be out for load management BS

RC_Drunkford
07-11-2022, 01:49 PM
I think Primo comes out more aggressive tonight. I'm sure that the coaching staff wants him to, and that's what he will try to do tonight. So let's see how he bounce back from last night's game. Let's go Primo!

Primo won't even see the court :lol

BackHome
07-11-2022, 02:02 PM
To be honest all I am worried about is getting a top 3 pick in the draft and hopefully that players becomes our next legit Star Player for years to come

Big Empty
07-11-2022, 02:04 PM
To be honest all I am worried about is getting a top 3 pick in the draft and hopefully that players becomes our next legit Star Player for years to come

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 02:25 PM

The NBA changing the lottery rules 3 years ago fucks us. Even if we end up a bottom 3 team this season, the new rules give teams below us a better chance of jumping us in the lottery than ever before. I wouldn’t hold my breath on a top-3 pick tbh.

Mugen
07-11-2022, 03:00 PM
The NBA changing the lottery rules 3 years ago fucks us. Even if we end up a bottom 3 team this season, the new rules give teams below us a better chance of jumping us in the lottery than ever before. I wouldn’t hold my breath on a top-3 pick tbh.

Spurs might have the worst roster in the league tbh. I can't think of a team that's going to be worse.

Chomag
07-11-2022, 03:11 PM
Will have to see if Primo can bounce back but so far I haven't seen any improvement in his game from last year.

DAF86
07-11-2022, 03:13 PM
Spurs might have the worst roster in the league tbh. I can't think of a team that's going to be worse.

If we don't trade Poeltl and Richardson, there are a lot of teams that can be worse than the Spurs: OKC, the Rockets, the Magic, Detroit. And we need to see what happens with teams like the Pacers, The Jazz, Hornets, etc.

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 03:35 PM
Most interested in continued scouting of Barlow and now Days.

Days was 5/5 from the FT line yesterday

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 03:36 PM
Just found out Rockets owner also owns Morton's Steakhouse so I'm ready for Spurs to go in that mouth on HOU.

TD 21
07-11-2022, 03:47 PM
They deserve a reward for the great success they've achieved up to now (I think they're like 1-9 in the last two Summer League seasons).

There's a really good (albeit depressing) article at Pounding the Rock about the state of things called "The Spurs finally realized they're just like every other franchise."

I'm always an optimist (and still am) but . . .

It's not anything we didn't already know, but great article nonetheless.

Basically encapsulates what I've said countless times in recent years about not only this franchise, but every franchise. Team building is mostly a combination of luck, not shooting yourself in the foot or believing your own hype.

Mugen
07-11-2022, 03:55 PM
If we don't trade Poeltl and Richardson, there are a lot of teams that can be worse than the Spurs: OKC, the Rockets, the Magic, Detroit. And we need to see what happens with teams like the Pacers, The Jazz, Hornets, etc.

Even if we keep Jak and JRich for the entire year (doubt), I have all those teams being better than the Spurs tbh.

Robz4000
07-11-2022, 04:02 PM
Even if we keep Jak and JRich for the entire year (doubt), I have all those teams being better than the Spurs tbh.

Only team I can think of that might be worse than the Spurs this year is Houston, and that'd be by design.

DAF86
07-11-2022, 04:05 PM

I hope you're right, but I just don't see it. As good as Murray is, I don't see him being the sole difference between being a play-in team and the worst squad in the entire NBA.

Mugen
07-11-2022, 04:11 PM
I hope you're right, but I just don't see it. As good as Murray is, I don't see him being the sole difference between being a play-in team and the worst squad in the entire NBA.

A lot of the teams they finished ahead of last year are a lot better either by adding Top 5 lotto talent, healthier, better via trade, etc.

I could maybe see Houston or Charlotte (if Ball gets hurt) being worse. But I'm pretty confident the Spurs have the least amount of talent heading into the season next year tbh.

Robz4000
07-11-2022, 04:12 PM

A lot of the league actually got better tbh. Spurs, Pacers, Lakers (:lol), and Jazz are legitimately the only teams who got worse, and only the Pacers are in the same tier as the Spurs (that's before they potentially land Ayton too). It's possible the Spurs fuck themselves out of a potential top pick by winning a bunch of games at the end of the season against tanking teams, however.

Mugen
07-11-2022, 04:15 PM
A lot of the league actually got better tbh. Spurs, Pacers, Lakers (:lol), and Jazz are legitimately the only teams who got worse, and only the Pacers are in the same tier as the Spurs (that's before they potentially land Ayton too). It's possible the Spurs fuck themselves out of a potential top pick by winning a bunch of games at the end of the season against tanking teams, however.

I've got the Pacers clearly a tier above the Spurs next year IMO, even without Ayton :lol

DAF86
07-11-2022, 04:16 PM
A lot of the teams they finished ahead of last year are a lot better either by adding Top 5 lotto talent, healthier, better via trade, etc.

I could maybe see Houston or Charlotte (if Ball gets hurt) being worse. But I'm pretty confident the Spurs have the least amount of talent heading into the season next year tbh.

I don't see how OKC is going to be suddenly so much better than last season as to there be no doubt they will be better than the Spurs. Rockets and Magic either. Then you have teams that seem to be taking the tanking routd like Indiana and maybe the Jazz, and I see a lot of scenarios where the Spurs don't end with a bottom 3 record. Add to that the fact that is unlikely that Pop coaches to lose and I'm just really worried about our tanking prowess for next season.

Mugen
07-11-2022, 04:23 PM
I don't see how OKC is going to be suddenly so much better than last season as to there be no doubt they will be better than the Spurs. Rockets and Magic either. Then you have teams that seem to be taking the tanking routd like Indiana and maybe the Jazz, and I see a lot of scenarios where the Spurs don't end with a bottom 3 record. Add to that the fact that is unlikely that Pop coaches to lose and I'm just really worried about our tanking prowess for next season.

:lol I'm not worried about Pop coaching a team up to extra wins, considering he hasn't done that in about 8 years tbh

-Rockets and Magic each have two Top 5 picks on the roster. As stated earlier, maybe Houston out tanks them. But I think Banchero is in line for ROY and puts ORL clearly ahead of the Spurs next year
-OKC has SGA plus adding Chet, just have much more talent overall
-Indiana has Haliburton + Turner & Jazz have Mitchell

Sure, a few injuries here or there and those teams might be on par with SA.

But who's the best player on the Spurs next year? Keldon? Jak? :lol

They've got easily the worst roster talent in the league next year and, frankly, a bottom 3 coach that'll be more interested in what restaurants to eat at. I'm not worried :lol

Robz4000
07-11-2022, 04:24 PM

Magic added Banchero who looks like a monster already (Summer League only but still) and Jonathan Isaac will be back. Wouldn't shock me if they make the play-in tbh. Jazz could tank, but if Mitchell plays the entire season it should be enough for 30 wins and the roster around him isn't young/hot garbage. Forgot to mention Charlotte in my last post, they could challenge for the worst record if Ball gets "hurt".

IMO, the Spurs, Rockets, Hornets, and Pacers are the worst teams in the league. Spurs have by far the least amount of talent but will actually try to win games (and fuck themselves into a worse pick). As long as they get a top 4 pick I'll be satisfied tbh.

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 04:26 PM
Hoping the Spurs felt that outside looking in feeling at #9 for all your troubles and lack of competitiveness to be picking in the draft right after the talent drop off was a little defeating this summer.

Dumping Murray might mean, if we're going down, we're going to do it right and get as close to pick #1 as possible. Hope it bundles up with that CHA 23 FRP somehow best case scenario there (is that CHA barely makes 23 Playoffs?), plus possibly tossing assets like Poeltl and JRich at the deadline for additional 23 FRPs.

Would love to walk into 2023 NBA Draft with multiple firsts again, especially higher value ones as compared to 2022; starting with tanking our own FRP into the best odds possible for overall #1 or top 4 at least.

The Truth #6
07-11-2022, 04:29 PM
Rockets have more potential talent. I like some of their picks. But they have horrible ownership which always finds a way to meddle. Tough call for the worst for me.

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 04:31 PM
Would be awesome if the "usual suspects" finally had enough top draft talent to put a season together and weren't all at the bottom of the barrel yet again next offseason. There are a few teams really wearing out their welcome in the draft order and I'm hoping 22 Draft was their last favor and fortune for a while.

Possibly so too, ORL DET OKC at last could all be kinda good next year. Still not sure I don't see HOU circling the drain alongside SA though lol

TD 21
07-11-2022, 04:34 PM

It's not about Murray so much as the context. As inefficient and over stretched as he was as a de facto #1 option, he was the only credible creator on the roster. Jones, a fringe rotation player, is now the sole thing closest to that.

Leetonidas
07-11-2022, 04:34 PM
some of yall have way too much faith in this team full of unproven guys :lol I would be extremely surprised if the Spurs won 20 games next season with the roster they have now. i have no doubt they'll play hard every night but we have absolutely no top end talent on this team and as of now zero blue chip prospects. i dont see how teams like OKC/HOU are worse than us next season unless they are purposely (still) tanking

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 04:39 PM
Considering how decent SA did with the 3 picks in 22 draft I am interested in seeing what they would do with multiple firsts again in 23. Especially at better value pick slots.

Spurs could get their own 23 pick down to top 4, hope CHA barely makes the Playoffs, that CHA 23 FRP would possibly give SA a later pick to swing on while maybe tossing Poeltl and JRich at the deadline brings in another 23 FRP maybe even late teens range to snag a BPA, alongside staggered draft capital for later years possibly in addition.

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 04:43 PM
Primo out with Covid :lol. Of fucking course.

emanueldavidginobili
07-11-2022, 04:43 PM
Primo in health and safety protocols. Most likely out for the SL

offset formation
07-11-2022, 04:44 PM
some of yall have way too much faith in this team full of unproven guys :lol I would be extremely surprised if the Spurs won 20 games next season with the roster they have now. i have no doubt they'll play hard every night but we have absolutely no top end talent on this team and as of now zero blue chip prospects. i dont see how teams like OKC/HOU are worse than us next season unless they are purposely (still) tanking

I was thinking 25-28 wins until the Josh Primo at PG became an actual thing. If that happens, we don't break 18 wins.

emanueldavidginobili
07-11-2022, 04:44 PM
He was one of the only players not to get it last season when the entire team pretty much entered it.

Leetonidas
07-11-2022, 04:46 PM
I was thinking 25-28 wins until the Josh Primo at PG became an actual thing. If that happens, we don't break 18 wins.

Spurs have also been pretty lucky with injuries for the most part the last few years minus Murray's ACL tear. No one has really missed a lot of time (except for Mr. Glass derrick white) the last couple seasons aside from COVID related shit so we're due for some injuries and given how poor the team's talent level is of Poeltl or Keldon goes down for a few weeks this team is probably going winless in that time period

timvp
07-11-2022, 04:46 PM

Man, this is going to be a looooooooooooooooong season, isn't it :lol

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 04:47 PM
Going to see more of Hall with Primo out. He has been a mixed bag imho

RC_Drunkford
07-11-2022, 04:49 PM
Primo won't even see the court :lol

called it :bobo

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 04:49 PM
Man, this is going to be a looooooooooooooooong season, isn't it :lol

The longest in franchise history tbh.

offset formation
07-11-2022, 04:53 PM
Spurs have also been pretty lucky with injuries for the most part the last few years minus Murray's ACL tear. No one has really missed a lot of time (except for Mr. Glass derrick white) the last couple seasons aside from COVID related shit so we're due for some injuries and given how poor the team's talent level is of Poeltl or Keldon goes down for a few weeks this team is probably going winless in that time period

Don't make me hopeful...I think we're guaranteed a top 3 spot which gives equal chances. But watch a team like Orlando get it again from like the 7th seed.

Never forget the universe is now fully aligned against the spurs. Proof? As I recall from some poster, we won the lottery from the 9th spot in the test run for this year's draft. Then got the fucking 9th spot.

We doomed. Find another team to cheer for, tbh.

Mugen
07-11-2022, 04:55 PM

Crofl this team is so easy to predict tbh

Russ
07-11-2022, 04:57 PM

Covid is going to be so fucking bored.

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 04:57 PM
Remember when Spurs got #1 pick in the 22 test run? Maybe that was just forshadowing to the 23 draft instead lol

John B
07-11-2022, 04:59 PM

Are you serious? But I wonder who’s not. I mean people don’t even wear facemask nor following any distancing

John B
07-11-2022, 05:00 PM
I mean what does Covid protocol mean nowadays? How soon can they get back with the team?

John B
07-11-2022, 05:02 PM
Spurs guard Josh Primo has entered the NBA's health and safety protocols. He is likely out the remainder of Summer League. Per Jeff McDonald

Degoat
07-11-2022, 05:11 PM
SA never moving to Las Vegas confirmed the players can’t handle the freedom

Degoat
07-11-2022, 05:11 PM
What a shitty summer for Primo tbh

Texas eye
07-11-2022, 05:29 PM
What a shitty summer for Primo tbh

Canadian trash.

BacktoBasics
07-11-2022, 05:34 PM
Are you serious? But I wonder who’s not. I mean people don’t even wear facemask nor following any distancing

There was a time when it was necessary. I was a supporter of all the precautions. Outbreaks weren't manageable, measurable deaths and we didn't have the resources for care that we do now. But we're in different times now... the virus has mutated, less deadly, shorter and less damaging illnesses etc.

They need to rethink the policy. Time to progress away from all the testing and protocols. If you're sick, showing symptoms then by all means, stay home but all this testing is a waste of time and resources.

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 05:43 PM
So much for that Chet v. Banchero matchup tonight.

xellos88330
07-11-2022, 05:48 PM
Man... covid really took out a lot of my interest in this summer league. At least there is still Wesley. He is out of control. I kinda dig that.

ace3g
07-11-2022, 05:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1102648018782879746/dzWYu940_normal.jpg
Noah Magaro-George @N_Magaro
(https://twitter.com/N_Magaro)2m (https://twitter.com/N_Magaro/status/1546628218978910209)
Spurs starters for Summer League Game 3:-Blake Wesley-D.J. Stewart Jr.-Malaki Branham-Robert Woodard II-Dominick Barlow

Russ
07-11-2022, 05:59 PM
Spurs guard Josh Primo has entered the NBA's health and safety protocols. He is likely out the remainder of Summer League. Per Jeff McDonald
Primo just slipped COVID a big note.

rascal
07-11-2022, 06:01 PM

No. OK City, Detroit are going to have solid teams with a lot of young talent and Houston and Orlando will be better too.

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 06:05 PM
Wesley airballs his first 3. But Branham makes his.

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 06:06 PM
Nice pass by Wesley there for the And-1 finish by Barlow. Wanna see more of him at Point. He’s a better creator than I realized.

RC_Drunkford
07-11-2022, 06:07 PM
Spurs might get their first win now that Primo is out

Robz4000
07-11-2022, 06:08 PM
Wesley :tu

Dejounte
07-11-2022, 06:09 PM
That steal

something only past spurs greats did tbh

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 06:09 PM
Wes picking off in the open court reminds me of DJ

RC_Drunkford
07-11-2022, 06:10 PM
Woodard is definitely not an NBA player

timvp
07-11-2022, 06:11 PM
Barlow is as raw as raw gets but it looks like there might be something there, tbh.

ace3g
07-11-2022, 06:13 PM
Yeah Malaki Branham's jumper release reminds me of Barbosa.

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 06:15 PM
Branham shooting it confidently. It’s just not going in lol.

Uriel
07-11-2022, 06:17 PM
Malaki Bryant :wow

RC_Drunkford
Now even Branham looks better than Primo :lol

BatManu20
Right on cue. Great turnaround jumper by Malaki.

timvp
07-11-2022, 06:18 PM
Branham at 19 has the moves of a 30-year-old. Just gotta hope he's athletic enough . . .

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 06:19 PM
Sochan mic’d up for this game. Nice.

Dverde
07-11-2022, 06:20 PM
Darius Days has impressed me the most so far

timvp
Meth Harden looks like he'd be a good tank commander, tbh.

Dverde

Dejounte
07-11-2022, 06:21 PM
Sochan… best style of any Spur

Uriel
This might be our only nationally televised game of the season :lol

RC_Drunkford
Barlow is as raw as raw gets but it looks like there might be something there, tbh.

I like him a lot. Plays good defense, quick feet, flashes of jumpers and post moves. Just needs some fine tuningon all those things, but the potential is definitely there

ace3g
07-11-2022, 06:22 PM
"You ain't got no bounce" - Jeremy Sochan to Tari Eason.

RC_Drunkford
07-11-2022, 06:22 PM

should definitely get the two-way contract

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 06:23 PM
Dang Eason flashing stuff

Russ
I would agree because what other choice is there.

BatManu20
Every one of Branham’s misses has been short, but right on line. That’s a good sign tbh.

spurraider21
07-11-2022, 06:25 PM
might be his most promising performance of the summer league tbh

spurraider21
07-11-2022, 06:26 PM
Branham at 19 has the moves of a 30-year-old. Just gotta hope he's athletic enough . . .
20 year old with moves of a 30 year old and athleticism of a 40 year old?

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 06:26 PM
here comes TyTy

timvp
07-11-2022, 06:27 PM
Branham has a low release point but he gets it off fast. I'm not yet sure if it's an issue or not.

Dejounte
07-11-2022, 06:29 PM
There’s something very off about Tari’s personality… would not be surprised if he turned out to be a serial killer tbh

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 06:31 PM
Another steal and finish by Wesley. Looking like Dejounte out there :cry

spurraider21
07-11-2022, 06:31 PM
Branham has a low release point but he gets it off fast. I'm not yet sure if it's an issue or not.
had similar thoughts but being able to get that turnaround shot off is usually a good litmus test for these things imo

timvp
07-11-2022, 06:32 PM
For a big, Days' shooting stroke is a 10/10.

Hopefully Wesley gets minutes this year for entertainment purposes.

timvp
07-11-2022, 06:32 PM
Wilt Chambarlow :tu

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 06:33 PM
Days is so for real wow

BatManu20
Wow great nice and finish by Barlow. That looked like Banchero tbh.

RC_Drunkford
Days already with 7 points and 6 rebounds. Sign this guy

emanueldavidginobili
Of course Eason is going to go nuclear against the Spurs lmao.

timvp
07-11-2022, 06:34 PM
Forget a two-way contract, time to give Days one of those 4-year, $8 million partially guaranteed contracts, tbh.

Leetonidas
Darius Days making a name for himself out there

RC_Drunkford
I love Barlow driving from the top of the key. If he can become consistent from 3 that is a weapon

heyheymymy
HOLY SHIT DAYS GOAT

Dejounte
Barlow disrupted that 3 pt shot and then ran all the way for an almost fastbreak 2. This dude is a beast

Robz4000
Team looks much better on both ends with Primo out tbh.

Mr. Body
07-11-2022, 06:35 PM
Really liking Barlow.

Days is very intriguing, too. May need to make space for him on the roster.

emanueldavidginobili
Days is confident, strong, and has great form and touch. Someone said he was the dumbest player in the game last night. Kid is standing out over Primo and Branham.

chunticakes

:lol facts

spurraider21
07-11-2022, 06:36 PM
called it :tu

might be his most promising performance of the summer league tbh

heyheymymy
Barlow doin all the little things

Dejounte
Awesome kick out by Wesley

BatManu20
Great find and pass by Wesley there.

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 06:37 PM
Wes drive collapse and kick out for an asst on a 3

timvp
Man, Wesley is already adjusting and improving on the fly :wow

Cardinal
Wesley is a hooper

emanueldavidginobili
07-11-2022, 06:38 PM
Oh yeah Wesley has supreme athletic ability wow. This kid has star potential and should take all of Primos minutes at this point during the regular season and I am a big Primo fan. His upside is that good compared to Josh.

Robz4000
Sign Days and upgrade Barlow to the big boy roster imo.

mystargtr34
Can someone give me a run down on the 2 way contract situation?

How many 2-way spots do teams have? Who currently occupies those? And can we sign Darius Days to one :lol.

Thanks in advance.

Dejounte
07-11-2022, 06:39 PM
Jaesean tate looks like a failed rapper

Robz4000
:cry Wesley :cry

heyheymymy
Days 4-6 including 2-3 3PT 10pts 7reb

mystargtr34
07-11-2022, 06:40 PM
Tbh the backcourt rotation may be this come start of the season.

Jones-Wesley
Vassell-Primo-Branham

timvp
Woodard finally remembers how to play basketball :tu

Robz4000

How many 2-way spots do teams have? Who currently occupies those? And can we sign Darius Days to one :lol.

Thanks in advance.

Each team has two and the Spurs already have Barlow on one of theirs.

Robz4000
07-11-2022, 06:41 PM
:lol crazy how much better everyone is playing right now

BatManu20
This team is much more enjoyable to watch when Primo isn’t out there chucking or turning the ball over every other possession tbh :lol

RC_Drunkford
great drive by Barlow even though he missed. How many bigs can drive to the rim like a guard?

rascal
Oh yeah Wesley has supreme athletic ability wow. This kid has star potential and should take all of Primos minutes at this point during the regular season and I am a big Primo fan. His upside is that good compared to Josh.

Finally a player on the team with explosive athleticism.

LongtimeSpursFan
Barlow has great footwork around the rim.

Mr. Body
07-11-2022, 06:42 PM
Finally a player on the team with explosive athleticism.

Are you a bot?

spurraider21

This team is much more enjoyable to watch when Primo isn’t out there chucking every other possession tbh :lol

:lol crazy how much better everyone is playing right now
patrick ewing effect tbh

Dejounte
This team is much more enjoyable to watch when Primo isn’t out there chucking every other possession tbh :lol

im not a Primo hater but sometimes he’s a blackhole on offense like DeMar used to be

Robz4000
07-11-2022, 06:43 PM
Atl Sniffer slitting his wrists right now if he isn't trying to sniff the COVID out of Primo's ass.

John B
Damn Wesley just gets to the rim at will anytime he wants

timvp

Thanks in advance.

Teams can have two two-way players. The Spurs currently have one: Barlow.

Days might have an Exhibit-10 contract, which can be turned into a two-way contract. It's not clear if he got an Exhibit-10 deal or just a summer league contract. Either way, he's eligible to get a two-way contract with the Spurs.

Dejounte
They need to stop interviewing Ja Rule tbh

spurraider21
07-11-2022, 06:44 PM

Uriel
07-11-2022, 06:45 PM
Primo's lackluster play last night may be attributable to him playing with COVID.

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 06:45 PM
I have enjoyed following Tate as a player fwiw

Kinda like the Rox youth infusion with JPJ, TyTy, Eason, and Alperen from the year before. Interesting pipeline. Not too crazy about Chris and Green though they are interesting to follow at least.

John B
07-11-2022, 06:46 PM
I thought that was another Wesley steal, but it could've been. The guys are playing with more aggressiveness tonight.

Ditty
07-11-2022, 06:47 PM
Wesley looks like a lottery pick. It’s so crazy why so many teams passed on him .

ace3g
All Days!!!

Robz4000
Sign Days already tbh.

heyheymymy
nice move by Bran to get his own miss and drive to finish

BatManu20
I’ve seen enough. Sign Darius Days to a lifetime contract.

timvp
Four-year, $8 million, half guaranteed, give it to Daysssssssssssss.

Kurik
Spurs better sign Days in the locker room. Someone else will snatch him up.

emanueldavidginobili
It's too bad Joe wasn't able to play in the SL. Low key was interested on how he has progressed, he definitely would have been one of the better players on this SL roster. It will be interesting what they do with him.

Rito3d30
07-11-2022, 06:48 PM
Covid should be the reason, rarely sees Primo shooting the ft this badly, most of the misses were not even close

heyheymymy
Spurs stackkkked for DAYS

Ditty
Days is a baller. Give him a 2 way after this game. 3 way if needed ;)

John B
Malaki with a dunk!

Leetonidas
Darius. MFin. Days.

timvp
If the Spurs keep KBD over Days, Wright needs a drug test, IMO.

blizz
07-11-2022, 06:49 PM
I know it’s SL but I’ve seen all I need to from Days and Barlow. They deserve a shot of at least the Austin squad.

Mr. Body
Sochan has a lot of personality. Too bad he'll not be national television once this year.

RC_Drunkford
Days just makes big shots. Just a smart, super consistent player. Can easily see him having a long PJ Tucker type of career

Uriel
Darius Days playing himself into a contract with the team, following in the footsteps of other summer league greats like Simmons and Forbes.

Robz4000
It's too bad Joe wasn't able to play in the SL. Low key was interested on how he has progressed, he definitely would have been one of the better players on this SL roster. It will be interesting what they do with him.

Cut him and sign Days imo tbh fwiw.

Mr. Body
07-11-2022, 06:50 PM
Branham shortarming everything.

heyheymymy
Days with that pretty touch from the long jay top of the key

That's like those sweet LMA mid ranges

Kinda reminds me of Kurt Thomas' touch on those mid range shots

Mr. Body
Cut him and sign Days imo tbh fwiw.

I think Langford is out, whether cut or put in a trade somehow.

Robz4000

No reason they can't keep both tbh. Gotta keep the guy who shut down Staples Center.

Chinook

Yeah. Dude's been electric. I hope he signed an X-10 deal and not just an SL contract.

timvp
For as advanced as Branham is on offense, his defense is at like kindergarten levels, tbh . . .

PhantomDashCam
07-11-2022, 06:51 PM
Branham getting that shot off from 3 against Smith easily with the side step is a really good sign.

Is Days Anthony Tolliver 2.0 in re: to Summer League showing?

John B
07-11-2022, 06:52 PM
Days is automatic at 3!

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 06:54 PM
Wes experiencing a little press and trapping. navigated and passed out of it quite well

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 06:55 PM
Wesley with a couple bad possessions there with the 2 turnovers. Spurs then give up a wide open 3. Ended that half about as poorly as they could’ve as playing really well. Still up 8 though.

timvp
07-11-2022, 06:56 PM
Wesley was a pretty damn terrible ball-handler at Notre Dame. That he can halfway play point guard in summer league is actually a good sign.

mystargtr34
07-11-2022, 06:57 PM
Each team has two and the Spurs already have Barlow on one of theirs.

Teams can have two two-way players. The Spurs currently have one: Barlow.

Days might have an Exhibit-10 contract, which can be turned into a two-way contract. It's not clear if he got an Exhibit-10 deal or just a summer league contract. Either way, he's eligible to get a two-way contract with the Spurs.

Thanks.

timvp
07-11-2022, 06:59 PM
Branham getting that shot off from 3 against Smith easily with the side step is a really good sign.

Is Days Anthony Tolliver 2.0 in re: to Summer League showing?

Yeah, Branham pulls out the side-step three against a long defender? I don't even remember the last Spur who did that consistently.

And, yeah, I was just thinking how Days' play reminds me of Tolliver going nuclear in summer league.

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 06:59 PM
Darius Days at Half

13 Points
7 Rebounds
5/8 FG%
3/5 3PFG%

Sign him after the game tbh.

timvp
07-11-2022, 07:03 PM
Yeah. Dude's been electric. I hope he signed an X-10 deal and not just an SL contract.

Yeah if Days isn't on an Exhibit-10 deal, other teams are going to start offering him contracts any second now. If he's on an Exhibit-10 deal, he's the ultimate no-brainer of a two-way contract. But I'd seriously consider locking him up for three or four years. Might as well use their salary cap space for good.

Maybe Days is just getting lucky but I'd roll the dice on him based on what I've seen. Super high energy. Amazingly strong. Mobile enough and high enough basketball IQ to operate out of the paint. 10/10 shooting stroke for a big. I even like his bowling ball body type for the modern game. He's probably like 6-foot-6 without shoes but his strength makes up for it, IMO.

Maddog
07-11-2022, 07:03 PM
Spurs stackkkked for DAYS

Darius Days at Half

13 Points
7 Rebounds
5/8 FG%
3/5 3PFG%

Sign him after the game tbh.

I'm ready for the rock-hewn church of Days thread

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 07:05 PM
Yea Malaki’s gonna have to improve exponentially on defense. Getting blown by way too easily.

RC_Drunkford
07-11-2022, 07:06 PM
Days played 4 years in college. He's NBA ready from Day 1

blizz
Is it me or does JJ Reddick sound JUST like Jay Bilas? I thought for sure that who it was until they said JJ.

tmtcsc

Agreed. Days, Barlow and Woodward have looked good. Wesley is a chucker who doesn't know how to share the ball and Primo has looked very "meh". HArd to believe he was drafted so high.

timvp
07-11-2022, 07:07 PM
Dat Wesley defense doe.

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 07:08 PM
Would not have thought that Days would be the take away from SL over all the other names but dam

Just the past 2 game show how solid he could be.

Spurs Dark Ages: From Daye to Days

blizz
Oooh that was lightning quick from Branham. Too bad he couldn’t finish.

Robz4000
:lol Branham and Wesley on complete opposite developmental paths than they were before SL

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 07:09 PM
Agreed. Days, Barlow and Woodward have looked good. Wesley is a chucker who doesn't know how to share the ball and Primo has looked very "meh". HArd to believe he was drafted so high.

Wesley is a scoring guard, but he has multiple assists on great passes today…

Mr. Body
Barlow's handles are not very good, needs to improve.

ace3g
Spurs and 10+ point leads in summer league...

blizz

Are you serious? What game are you watching? He set up Days perfectly for one of those 3s.

Dejounte
Barlow’s weakness is his hands tbh

RC_Drunkford
Barlow got some butterfingers every now and then

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 07:10 PM
or A Tale of Two Days lol

Robz4000
07-11-2022, 07:11 PM
Spurs and 10+ point leads in summer league...

:lol sounds like the Spurs of the last few years

Mr. Body
07-11-2022, 07:12 PM
They should have the Summer League before the draft.

Robz4000
07-11-2022, 07:12 PM
Might legit shut down Wesley after this game tbh. Don't want him to get hurt.

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 07:13 PM
This would be an easy dub if we didn’t turn the damn ball over every other possession. Pop’s gonna lose his mind coaching these young guys all season.

Cardinal
Wright interview coming up...

RC_Drunkford
Oh shit. Brian Wrong interview coming up

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 07:14 PM
Barlow all over that reb tap back too Wes, Wes missed again and Barlow just slams the Reb down himself

Still say on paper Barlows specs are tantalizing and the trick is to polish it. But 6'10 and driving from the 3 point line capably? Glue guy little things every play too. Worth the effort to try and develop imo

Mugen
07-11-2022, 07:14 PM
BWrong in the house!

Robz4000
07-11-2022, 07:17 PM
:lol at least they aren't getting raped by another white guy

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 07:21 PM
TL;DR on the Wright interview? I'm watching on mute lol

Mugen
07-11-2022, 07:22 PM
Should have had RC do an interview instead. At least he would have shown up w/ a Turkey Leg tbh.

timvp
07-11-2022, 07:23 PM

Wesley is the player they thought he was. Sochan is a free spirit and got dat drip dialed up to 100. Basically admitted it's tank time.

Nothing too interesting, IMO.

blizz
07-11-2022, 07:23 PM

Oh come on. You can’t be that salty. He just said it was difficult to trade Dejounte but it was the right time.

Robz4000
07-11-2022, 07:24 PM
Wesley is the player they thought he was. Sochan is a free spirit and got dat drip dialed up to 100. Basically admitted it's tank time.

Nothing too interesting, IMO.

I'll believe it when/if Poeltl is traded tbh.

GAustex
07-11-2022, 07:24 PM
16 is like Stacey Augman

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 07:25 PM
Oh come on. You can’t be that salty. He just said it was difficult to trade Dejounte but it was the right time.

I'm not salty lol I was on the phone

exstatic
07-11-2022, 07:25 PM
There was a time when it was necessary. I was a supporter of all the precautions. Outbreaks weren't manageable, measurable deaths and we didn't have the resources for care that we do now. But we're in different times now... the virus has mutated, less deadly, shorter and less damaging illnesses etc.

They need to rethink the policy. Time to progress away from all the testing and protocols. If you're sick, showing symptoms then by all means, stay home but all this testing is a waste of time and resources.

Every variant has gotten more and more contagious. The R0 of the flu is 1.5, meaning each infected person infects 1.5 other people. The R0 of the alpha strain was 3.3. Measles is considered the most contagious virus known, and its R0 is 18.0. This new strain has an R0 of 18.3. Right now, deaths are manageable, because of vaccinations. It’s less effective on each strain, and there are documented cases of re-infection 3 weeks after and infection with this strain.

If one player gets the new strain, he will infect the whole team if he doesn’t isolate. Surgical masks are only minimally effective against it. If you’re going to mask, go back to the N95 or KN95. If you don’t mask, you will be infected. There’s no chance to avoid it.

PhantomDashCam
07-11-2022, 07:26 PM

Very similar to his Post-Draft presser tbh.

Likes the draftees, flexibility with future picks and cap space for team building process.

RC_Drunkford
07-11-2022, 07:28 PM
I hope the Spurs play like this during regular season. Try to win the first half, then lose the game in the 2nd

mystargtr34
07-11-2022, 07:28 PM
I haven't heard Mark Jones go to the "hotter than fish grease" go to line this summer league, but I just heard him say "he kept the 'I' and gave the rest of the vowels back" after that drive by the Rockets scrub.

RC_Drunkford
07-11-2022, 07:29 PM
sheesh Wesley is 2/14 from the field

timvp
07-11-2022, 07:30 PM
Those 1 question player interviews are awkward, tbh.

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 07:30 PM
Malaki with the quickest sideline interview in history :lol

John B
07-11-2022, 07:31 PM
The 1st half they're not missing, the 2nd half is just ugly, too many turnovers, missed shots.

mystargtr34
Yeah if Days isn't on an Exhibit-10 deal, other teams are going to start offering him contracts any second now. If he's on an Exhibit-10 deal, he's the ultimate no-brainer of a two-way contract. But I'd seriously consider locking him up for three or four years. Might as well use their salary cap space for good.

Maybe Days is just getting lucky but I'd roll the dice on him based on what I've seen. Super high energy. Amazingly strong. Mobile enough and high enough basketball IQ to operate out of the paint. 10/10 shooting stroke for a big. I even like his bowling ball body type for the modern game. He's probably like 6-foot-6 without shoes but his strength makes up for it, IMO.

He could be our store brand Grant Williams, PJ Tucker type. Gives the team versatility. Those strong, burly Lowe centre of gravity guys with quick feet can give a lot of scorers problems.

Versatility is king these days.

Silverheart80

Agree. We need to lock this guy up. Can't wait to see him get more minutes in the 4th.

timvp
Wilt Chambarlow shows flashes of something :wow

heyheymymy
07-11-2022, 07:32 PM
Barlow gone Tragic Johnson sighting lol

timvp
07-11-2022, 07:33 PM
When Branham gets space, he's like Khris Middleton Redux.

timvp
07-11-2022, 07:34 PM
The Rockets got some chunky guards. Whataburger working overtime in H-Town apparently.

Mr. Body
07-11-2022, 07:35 PM
When Branham has that curl, Blake's gotta hit him.

Mugen
07-11-2022, 07:37 PM
Branham hurt himself on that dunk attempt. 100% he's gonna be out the rest of SL tbh :lol

timvp
07-11-2022, 07:38 PM
Branham has sneaky hops at times. On that layup, he went up an extra notch.

ace3g
07-11-2022, 07:38 PM
Nice contest/block by Barlow

timvp
07-11-2022, 07:39 PM
Mitch Johnson practicing the tank lineup?

Mugen
You know Mitch is a Pop disciple because as soon as anybody does anything good on the court, they're immediately subbed out :lol

BatManu20
This team turns the ball over like their next meal depends on it. Goddamn :lol

timvp
07-11-2022, 07:40 PM
Nice contest/block by Barlow

Blocked it even though it should have been an offensive foul for the clearout :tu

GB20
07-11-2022, 07:40 PM
Mitch Johnson practicing the tank lineup?
Has he won any game in the summer league?

Trill Clinton
07-11-2022, 07:41 PM
Live look at Woodard
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/images/products/large/451868/1766129.jpg

timvp
07-11-2022, 07:42 PM
How many bad passes can Ky Bowman make in a three minute span?

Dejounte
Branham with a sneaky good game

spurraider21
Live look at Woodard
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/images/products/large/451868/1766129.jpg
why are they throwing woodard into primo though?

Mugen
07-11-2022, 07:43 PM
Fat Melo talking about taking care of his body :lol

Mr. Body
07-11-2022, 07:43 PM
I think I could probably block Wesley at the rim.

BatManu20
07-11-2022, 07:44 PM
Wesley’s gotta pass that to Branham for the easy lay in.

Cardinal
Wesley just needs to drop that off for Branham. He'll make those reads eventually

Leetonidas
That was an obvious foul:lol fuckin bodied Wesley at the rim

Mugen
How many bad passes can Ky Bowman make in a three minute span?

Got that Primo pep talk pregame

RC_Drunkford
I knew Blake was getting blocked right there instead of just passing it

td4mvp2k
07-11-2022, 07:47 PM
all these rooks need time in the gleague

ace3g
07-11-2022, 07:48 PM
Sochan , lol

Mr. Body
07-11-2022, 07:48 PM
Does Wesley freeze Branham out, or everybody out? :frying:

Mr. Body
07-11-2022, 07:50 PM
What year was the last Spurs summer league win?

Trill Clinton
Wesley need some milk

RC_Drunkford
classic Spurs basketball: We gonna curl and do a bunch of dribble hand offs, only for the ball to end up back in the point guards hands so he can take a bad shot :lol

John B
07-11-2022, 07:52 PM
Wesley getting blocked is because he's showing the ball too early I think

RC_Drunkford
07-11-2022, 07:53 PM
What year was the last Spurs summer league win?

they went 1-4 last year