PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky mom believes she was poisoned by fentanyl from picking up dollar bill

MultiTroll
07-14-2022, 09:19 AM
Kentucky mom believes she was poisoned by fentanyl from picking up dollar bill: 'It was taking over my body' (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/kentucky-mom-believes-she-was-poisoned-by-fentanyl-from-picking-up-dollar-bill-it-was-taking-over-my-body/ar-AAZzeTA?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ad7c06059b7b4108b483bfea6538bdfe)

ChumpDumper
07-14-2022, 09:37 AM
Kentucky moms believe a lot of things.

MultiTroll
07-14-2022, 09:53 AM
Chumpy,
Is it possible she and husband are telling the truth?

Yes or No?

SpursforSix
07-14-2022, 10:53 AM
Chumpy,

Yes or No?

Definitely possible.

"The incident comes after a Tennessee sheriff's office issued a warning (https://www.foxnews.com/us/tennessee-sheriffs-office-folded-dollar-bills-fentanyl), urging people to refrain from picking up money on the ground. Officials found two bills, that tested positive for methamphetamine and fentanyl, at local gas stations."

SpursforSix
07-14-2022, 10:53 AM
why'd they destroy the money?

MultiTroll
07-14-2022, 10:55 AM
Definitely possible.

"The incident comes after a Tennessee sheriff's office issued a warning (https://www.foxnews.com/us/tennessee-sheriffs-office-folded-dollar-bills-fentanyl), urging people to refrain from picking up money on the ground. Officials found two bills, that tested positive for methamphetamine and fentanyl, at local gas stations."
Of course it is, especially in that area.

Chumpys folding. :lol

ChumpDumper
07-14-2022, 10:57 AM
Chumpy,

Yes or No?I didn't say they were lying.

People believe a lot of things are true that are not.

Despite the couple's suspicions, Nashville police said the bill was not laced with fentanyl, shortly before destroying the money.

MultiTroll
07-14-2022, 11:05 AM
Chumpy back pedaling, wow that's surprising.

Definitely possible.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2022, 11:36 AM
Chumpy back pedaling, wow that's surprising.Fabbs lying, wow that's not surprising at all.

Why can't you just be honest?

I said what I said and changed nothing.

They believe its something they saw on the news that happened in another state. The test of the actual bill says they're wrong.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2022, 11:38 AM
Now you can tell everyone your conspiracy theory about the Kentucky police.

Or fold.

MultiTroll
07-14-2022, 11:51 AM
They believe its something they saw on the news that happened in another state. The test of the actual bill says they're wrong.
The pair were traveling through Nashville with their two children at the time of the incident.

Chumpy thought since the couple are from Kentucky, the Nashville police warning against tainted dollar bills and testing did not apply. Chumpy is wrong.

I said what I said and changed nothing.
Couldn't agree more, Numby.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2022, 11:58 AM
The pair were traveling through Nashville with their two children at the time of the incident.

Chumpy thought since the couple are from Kentucky, the Nashville police warning against tainted dollar bills and testing did not apply. Chumpy is wrong.

Couldn't agree more, Numby.Tennessee is a another state to people from Kentucky.

Changes nothing.

Despite the couple's suspicions, Nashville police said the bill was not laced with fentanyl, shortly before destroying the money.

They tested it. They found no fentanyl.

I guess you have to make the conspiracy theory about the Nashville police then.

Let's see it.

MultiTroll
07-14-2022, 12:04 PM

Or fold.
Kentucky police?
The entire incident took place in Nashville.

Chumpy trying to lie and change the story to fit his narrative.
Surprise level? Zero.

Are you uninformed about Kentucky and Tennessee?
Yes or No?

ChumpDumper
07-14-2022, 12:06 PM
I mean, why dollar bills? If anyone used it to snort fentanyl they'd be dead pretty quickly. If you want to kill someone by coating money with it, make it a twenty so they're definitely pick it up.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2022, 12:07 PM
Kentucky police?
The entire incident took place in Nashville.Yes.

I guess you have to make the conspiracy theory about the Nashville police then.

Let's see it.

SpursforSix
07-14-2022, 12:11 PM
I mean, why dollar bills? If anyone used it to snort fentanyl they'd be dead pretty quickly. If you want to kill someone by coating money with it, make it a twenty so they're definitely pick it up.

WTF. Everyone will pick up a dollar bill.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2022, 12:15 PM
More reasons why Kentucky mom isn't right.

In an email to The Dispatch Fact Check, Dr. Ryan Marino, medical toxicologist and assistant professor at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, pointed out some of the issues with Parsons’ story.

First, Marino explained that “incidental contact with or ‘exposure’ to fentanyl (by touch or proximity rather than ingestion) cannot and does not possibly cause overdose or toxicity as fentanyl is not readily absorbed or well-absorbed through skin and does not aerosolize under natural conditions.”

Marino explained that transdermal fentanyl patches do exist and are used to manage pain, but he notes, “These are not just fentanyl as they contain a combination product of fentanyl in a specialized solution that is able to cross the skin barrier.” He continued: “Fentanyl on the street is in powder form and does not cross the skin barrier for much the same reason as touching powder sugar does not raise your blood sugar. It’s also important to note that even the best method of delivery, the patch, is so inefficient that it requires orders of magnitude more drug because so little is absorbed. Trace amounts that could potentially be on dollar bills are pharmacologically insignificant.”

The symptoms that Parsons described after touching the dollar bill also don’t match the effects of fentanyl overdose. “She says she ‘felt like I was dying’ and ‘felt like I couldn’t breathe,’ both of which are symptoms that are relieved by opioids like fentanyl,” Marino explained. “Opioids like fentanyl suppress central respiratory drive and are useful in relieving the distress caused by severe respiratory issues.They also relieve feelings of death and dying, which is why opioids like fentanyl can be invaluable in providing comfort at the end of life. Symptoms like ‘numbness and tingling’ as well as a skin rash are not consistent with effects from fentanyl.”

Lastly, as Marino explained as well, there was no drug detected in Parsons and she was never tested for synthetic drugs as the article states.

“​​Fentanyl screens are FDA-approved and in widespread use in emergency departments,” Marino added, “and it is quite easy to detect even miniscule (and clinically insignificant) amounts of fentanyl in the human body.”

“Simply stated, poisoning in this manner is not possible,” Lewis Nelson, professor of emergency medicine and chief of the Division of Medical Toxicology at Rutgers Medical School, similarly said about Parsons’ story in an email with The Dispatch Fact Check.

In an article for STAT Nelson wrote that pharmacists, surgeons, and emergency physicians, among others, work with fentanyl because it’s commonly used as a pain medication, but have not reported passive exposure to fentanyl. Also, as Nelson notes, emergency workers are commonly exposed to fentanyl while working with overdose patients. “None of these exposure scenarios has been accompanied by worrisome clinical effects,” Nelson writes.

https://thedispatch.com/p/fact-check-fentanyl-overdose-not

ChumpDumper
07-14-2022, 12:17 PM
WTF. Everyone will pick up a dollar bill.Not if they think it has killer transdermal Rocky Top fentanyl on it. A twenty would be more worth the risk.

It's all bullshit anyway.

Judy Booty
07-14-2022, 01:16 PM
Not if they think it has killer transdermal Rocky Top fentanyl on it. A twenty would be more worth the risk.

It's all bullshit anyway.

Why is it bullshit? What's the motivation for it?

ChumpDumper
07-14-2022, 01:22 PM
Why is it bullshit?
I posted an entire article explaining why it's bullshit. Would you like a link to three posts up? Or do you just play stupid under this screen name?

What's the motivation for it?
For the people who actually know what fentanyl does, their motivation is informing the public about a common misconception concerning the drug spread initially by the DEA.

Judy Booty
07-14-2022, 01:23 PM
I posted an entire article explaining why it's bullshit. Would you like a link to three posts up? Or do you just play stupid under this screen name?

For the people who actually know what fentanyl does, their motivation is informing the public about a common misconception about the drug spread initially by the DEA.

I don't know anything about that. Do you want to have sex with a fat woman?

MultiTroll
07-14-2022, 02:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_thumb/1269486747777249281/pu/img/d5W7YRHV-v7oQKsG.jpg

Not a heterosexual on this planet that wouldn't take that Karen to bed, tbh.

Chucho
07-14-2022, 04:55 PM
I didnt even post in this thread, you fucking unlikeable, friendless, socially-awkward loser .

Stick to being a penniless pedophile that Chump uses as a punching bag because derp got 86'd.

You probably got blackballed from your own family when you told your neice, "What's more exciting than ants in your pants? Uncles!".

koriwhat
07-14-2022, 06:45 PM
LMFAO CumDumpster is always so hard up for his/her internet W... What a little bitch!

koriwhat
07-14-2022, 06:47 PM

You forgot CumDumpsters, "Yes or No." :lol

ChumpDumper
07-14-2022, 06:48 PM
LMFAO CumDumpster is always so hard up for his/her internet W... What a little bitch!

I'm going to win the "triggering Joey" contest.

koriwhat
07-14-2022, 06:53 PM
Poor CumDumpster... I don't care nor do I want to read what your bitchass has to say. :tu

YOU'S A BITCH BRO! :lol

ChumpDumper
07-14-2022, 06:54 PM
Poor CumDumpster... I don't care nor do I want to read what your bitchass has to say. :tu

YOU'S A BITCH BRO! :lol

I win!:tu

MultiTroll
07-15-2022, 09:46 AM

I didnt even post in this thread,
:lol Sad San Fransico Fruitcake is triggered into projection again.

Judy Booty brought up sex with a fat woman. That is on topic applicable to you 100%.

MultiTroll
07-15-2022, 10:37 AM

Or fold.
I was never in the hand for "theory about the Kentucky police". You're making that up.

Do you have a conspiracy theory about why the woman got sick?

Yes or no?

ChumpDumper
07-15-2022, 04:05 PM
I was never in the hand for "theory about the Kentucky police". You're making that up.

Do you have a conspiracy theory about why the woman got sick?

Yes or no?No conspiracy. She got sick and blamed it on the dollar because of the panic caused by the stupid sheriff.

Why have you bought into this panic?

Millennial_Messiah
07-15-2022, 04:13 PM
:lol "Cum Dumpster"

MultiTroll
07-16-2022, 09:38 AM
Woman claiming she OD'd on fentanyl-laced dollar says hospital never tested her (nypost.com) (https://nypost.com/2022/07/15/woman-claiming-she-odd-on-fentanyl-laced-dollar-says-hospital-never-tested-her/)

ChumpDumper
07-16-2022, 09:44 AM
Woman claiming she OD'd on fentanyl-laced dollar says hospital never tested her (nypost.com) (https://nypost.com/2022/07/15/woman-claiming-she-odd-on-fentanyl-laced-dollar-says-hospital-never-tested-her/)Even if true, there was no need to. Fentanyl doesn't work that way.

Why can't you understand that?

MultiTroll
07-16-2022, 10:05 AM
Even if true, there was no need to. Fentanyl doesn't work that way.

Why can't you understand that?
You're jumping to conclusions Rumpy, desperately hoping for another self declared *e win*.

I do understand this police depts policy that given she passed the 6-10 drug screening, therefore a further test for fenty was not called for.

So we're left with what kind of illness did she have?
Also even tho fenty can be pretty much ruled out, it can't be 100% ruled out.

So was she faking it?
Yes or No?
Or was she really sickened?
Yes or No?

ChumpDumper
07-16-2022, 02:43 PM
You're jumping to conclusions Rumpy, desperately hoping for another self declared *e win*.

I do understand this police depts policy that given she passed the 6-10 drug screening, therefore a further test for fenty was not called for.

So we're left with what kind of illness did she have?
Also even tho fenty can be pretty much ruled out, it can't be 100% ruled out.
It can be 100% ruled out from a dollar bill she held for a few seconds since fentanyl doesn't work that way.

If she ODed some other way, that's probably on her.

MultiTroll
07-17-2022, 12:20 PM
It can be 100% ruled out from a dollar bill she held for a few seconds since fentanyl doesn't work that way.

If she ODed some other way, that's probably on her.
Incredibly rare, not 100%.

So could some other substance have been on the bill and caused her illness?

Or is she faking it?

ChumpDumper
07-17-2022, 06:07 PM
Incredibly rare, not 100%.Show me the cases where a fentanyl OD was caused by holding a dollar bill for a few minutes.

MultiTroll
07-19-2022, 02:08 PM
Rebecca Donald is an assistant professor of anesthesiology and pain medicine at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. She told WSMV skin-to-skin contact is not a way people are exposed to drugs at levels that would cause them harm.

“It is much more likely for her to have a reaction if she had inadvertently rubbed her nose and exposed that drug to some of the blood vessels in her nose or licked her fingers or rubbed her eyes,” she said.

Dollar bills laced with fentanyl allegedly being found on the ground (theblackwallsttimes.com) (https://theblackwallsttimes.com/2022/07/18/dollar-bills-laced-with-fentanyl-are-being-found-on-the-ground/#:~:text=Overdose%20deaths%20from%20fentanyl%20and %20other%20opioids%20have,drug%2C%20according%20to %20recent%20reports%20in%20multiple%20states.)

MultiTroll
07-19-2022, 02:11 PM
Dr. Caleb Alexander, an epidemiologist with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told Fox News (https://www.fox29.com/news/fentanyl-dollar-bill-story-expert-discusses-risks-second-hand-exposure)that such cases are “incredibly rare,” akin to “lightning striking.”

"Incredibly rare" but not 0% as you are asserting Chumpy.

MultiTroll
07-19-2022, 02:15 PM
Show me the cases where a fentanyl OD was caused by holding a dollar bill for a few minutes.
What’s Really Going on in Those Police Fentanyl Exposure Videos? - The New York Times (nytimes.com) (https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/13/magazine/police-fentanyl-exposure-videos.html)

Parsons wasn’t the first person to claim she suffered an extreme reaction from skin contact with fentanyl. Over the past few years, reports have surfaced of overdoses involving US law enforcement, including a case last month in which a Kansas police officer collapsed to the ground (https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/13/magazine/police-fentanyl-exposure-videos.html) and required several doses of Narcan after coming into contact with a case of pills believed to harbor fentanyl.

DeadlyDynasty
07-19-2022, 02:28 PM
Imagine the kind of brain it takes to think this is plausible

ChumpDumper
07-19-2022, 02:31 PM
What’s Really Going on in Those Police Fentanyl Exposure Videos? - The New York Times (nytimes.com) (https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/13/magazine/police-fentanyl-exposure-videos.html)

Parsons wasn’t the first person to claim she suffered an extreme reaction from skin contact with fentanyl. Over the past few years, reports have surfaced of overdoses involving US law enforcement, including a case last month in which a Kansas police officer collapsed to the ground (https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/13/magazine/police-fentanyl-exposure-videos.html) and required several doses of Narcan after coming into contact with a case of pills believed to harbor fentanyl.

:lol the very first sentence on the page:

It’s nearly impossible for an overdose to be caused by brief contact with the drug. It is possible these videos will worsen the danger for those truly at risk.

ChumpDumper
07-19-2022, 02:32 PM
:lmao

Last month, a 33-year-old clinical toxicologist and emergency-medicine pharmacist named Ryan Feldman co-published a case study about the time he accidentally spilled a mammoth dose of pure liquid fentanyl all over himself at work; he simply washed it off, with no adverse effects.

MultiTroll
07-19-2022, 02:44 PM
:lol the very first sentence on the page:

It’s nearly impossible for an overdose to be caused by brief contact with the drug. It is possible these videos will worsen the danger for those truly at risk.
You are responding to my teaching.
Excellent.

Dr. Caleb Alexander, an epidemiologist with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told Fox News (https://www.fox29.com/news/fentanyl-dollar-bill-story-expert-discusses-risks-second-hand-exposure)that such cases are “incredibly rare,” akin to “lightning striking.”

"Incredibly rare" but not 0% as you are asserting Chumpy.

MultiTroll
07-19-2022, 02:47 PM
:lmao

Last month, a 33-year-old clinical toxicologist and emergency-medicine pharmacist named Ryan Feldman co-published a case study about the time he accidentally spilled a mammoth dose of pure liquid fentanyl all over himself at work; he simply washed it off, with no adverse effects.
:lol
Sounds credible.
Do you have a source, link?

ChumpDumper
07-19-2022, 02:49 PM
:lol
Sounds credible.
Do you have a source, link?

Sure do!

Here ya go:

Enjoy reading it!

MultiTroll
07-19-2022, 03:00 PM
One possibility is that they are having panic attacks. If police officers have been told that fentanyl is highly dangerous, just being in the vicinity of the substance could cause unnecessary fear and panic. Imagine that you’re told that touching a certain powder will kill you and you see that powder on your skin, it is quite normal to feel panic, too. This may be the reason why some have experienced rapid breathing, trembling, and hot flashes, instead of the slowed breathing and loss of consciousness opioid overdose victims typically experience.
Another possibility, which is the most plausible route of unintended exposure, is if someone who touched fentanyl on their hands suddenly rubs their eyes, nose, or mouth so the substance is absorbed by the mucous membranes. This is the reason why first responders and drug enforces wear gloves, safety masks, and eye gear to prevent this possibility.

Can You Really Die From Touching Fentanyl? (lighthousetreatment.com) (https://lighthousetreatment.com/can-you-really-die-from-touching-fentanyl/)

MultiTroll
07-19-2022, 03:13 PM
Enjoy reading it!
Got a ways down before the NYT paywall came down.
Didn't make it to fenty bath accident account.

ChumpDumper
07-19-2022, 03:30 PM
One possibility is that they are having panic attacks. If police officers have been told that fentanyl is highly dangerous, just being in the vicinity of the substance could cause unnecessary fear and panic. Imagine that you’re told that touching a certain powder will kill you and you see that powder on your skin, it is quite normal to feel panic, too. This may be the reason why some have experienced rapid breathing, trembling, and hot flashes, instead of the slowed breathing and loss of consciousness opioid overdose victims typically experience.
Another possibility, which is the most plausible route of unintended exposure, is if someone who touched fentanyl on their hands suddenly rubs their eyes, nose, or mouth so the substance is absorbed by the mucous membranes. This is the reason why first responders and drug enforces wear gloves, safety masks, and eye gear to prevent this possibility.

Can You Really Die From Touching Fentanyl? (lighthousetreatment.com) (https://lighthousetreatment.com/can-you-really-die-from-touching-fentanyl/)

Did she say she picked her nose?

All I read and heard was she held it in her hand.

The cops were panicking because of a fable started by the DEA. The mom only thought of one potential cause because that fable had been recently reinforced by local yokels.

If you think you're going to die from picking up anything, don't pick up anything. Leave the money to the brave.:tu

MultiTroll
07-19-2022, 06:25 PM
Did she say she picked her nose?

All I read and heard was she held it in her hand.
Did she tell you if she picked her nose?

Went to the restroom, also put the bill in her pocket for a while.

Could she have rubbed her nose and/or while in bathroom? Possible.

“It is much more likely for her to have a reaction if she had inadvertently rubbed her nose and exposed that drug to some of the blood vessels in her nose or licked her fingers or rubbed her eyes,” she explained. -Dr. Rebecca Donald, a fentanyl expert at Vanderbilt University Medical Center

ChumpDumper
07-19-2022, 06:39 PM
Did she tell you if she picked her nose?

Went to the restroom, also put the bill in her pocket for a while.

Could she have rubbed her nose and/or while in bathroom? Possible.

“It is much more likely for her to have a reaction if she had inadvertently rubbed her nose and exposed that drug to some of the blood vessels in her nose or licked her fingers or rubbed her eyes,” she explained. -Dr. Rebecca Donald, a fentanyl expert at Vanderbilt University Medical Center

So now you have to make up a story for her.

That means there's even less of a chance it was what the rubes warned her it was.:tu

MultiTroll
07-19-2022, 06:57 PM
So now you have to make up a story for her.

That means there's even less of a chance it was what the rubes warned her it was.:tu
I've made up nothing.

You have offered zero as to what might have happened.
Merely parroted stuff i already enlightened and corrected you on such as the low likelyhood of fenty causing.

ChumpDumper
07-19-2022, 07:18 PM
I've made up nothing. Of course you have.

You have offered zero as to what might have happened.Anything but fentanyl. Panic can cause a physical response. You have documented the panic over this perfectly:tu

MultiTroll
07-19-2022, 10:14 PM
Chumpy do you have any speculation as to what happened to Renee Parsons?

ChumpDumper
07-19-2022, 10:52 PM
Chumpy do you have any speculation as to what happened to Renee Parsons?

Nope. Easier to believe nothing happened than something.

Not really worth any more consideration. If there's a rash of actual dolla bill poisonings -- or even one -- you can call scoreboard.

MultiTroll
07-19-2022, 11:49 PM
Nope. Easier to believe nothing happened than something.

Not really worth any more consideration. If there's a rash of actual dolla bill poisonings -- or even one -- you can call scoreboard.
Something happened. She ended up in ER etc.

Panic attack? Faking it? She's one of the super rare cases of got some fenty in her nose or eyes accidently and enough got in to phase her? (this is fenty experts saying it's a remote possibility, not ST).
Some other drug other then fenty but just as nasty?

The couple does not seem the faking type.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2022, 12:03 AM
Something happened. She ended up in ER etc.

Panic attack? Faking it? She's one of the super rare cases of got some fenty in her nose or eyes accidently and enough got in to phase her? (this is fenty experts saying it's a remote possibility, not ST).
Some other drug other then fenty but just as nasty?

The couple does not seem the faking type.Why not? They jumped on Fox & Friends as soon as they could login to Zoom.

MultiTroll
07-20-2022, 12:08 AM
Why not? They jumped on Fox & Friends as soon as they could login to Zoom.
So turning down a call from Faux would show more sincerity?

I guess you kind of have a point.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-20-2022, 12:10 AM
*opens thread*

*sees ChumpDumper dumping on chumps*

"Aight."

*closes thread*

MultiTroll
07-20-2022, 05:19 PM
Pill found on Del Taco burrito contained fentanyl, did not come from restaurant (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pill-found-on-del-taco-burrito-contained-fentanyl-did-not-come-from-restaurant/ar-AAZNoP3?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=fb82a0270c1244eabe02eab514607a88)

The pill was seized and submitted to the Kern County Crime Lab for testing. KCSO officials said the investigation determined that the pill did not come from Del Taco and that it was not an employee and did not get placed in the food at Del Taco. Officials said how the pill got placed in the food in unknown.

KCSO said the subjects were medically cleared during the incident since the pill was found after the bite was taken. Officials said sometime after leaving the drive through and the girl getting home is when the pill was apparently placed in the burrito.

Officials said there are no suspects, but there are “people of interest.” Officials said no one related to the girl who found the pill in the burrito is a person of interest.

MultiTroll
09-02-2022, 06:37 PM
More people may have overdosed from fentanyl than know it because emergency rooms rarely screen for the drug: study (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/more-people-may-have-overdosed-from-fentanyl-than-know-it-because-emergency-rooms-rarely-screen-for-the-drug-study/ar-AA11p1Hg?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c7653c9fdf7740ff96e6c4eb3a3d9d7e)

koriwhat
09-02-2022, 06:51 PM
More people may have overdosed from fentanyl than know it because emergency rooms rarely screen for the drug: study (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/more-people-may-have-overdosed-from-fentanyl-than-know-it-because-emergency-rooms-rarely-screen-for-the-drug-study/ar-AA11p1Hg?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c7653c9fdf7740ff96e6c4eb3a3d9d7e)

Thank Robinette tbh

ChumpDumper
09-02-2022, 07:23 PM
Thank Robinette tbhWhy?