PDA

View Full Version : Shams: Spurs Sign Jordan Hall to a Two-Way Contract

timvp
07-23-2022, 02:41 PM

timvp
07-23-2022, 02:43 PM
Ugh. Don't like it. He was like a homeless man's Kyle Anderson in summer league. An extreme non-athlete. Can't run or jump and is stiff on top of it.

Hall is obviously skilled and his shot looks good .................. but he didn't look like a legit NBA prospect in summer league.

Robz4000
07-23-2022, 02:46 PM
He's part of the new team CREAM obv.

KingKev
07-23-2022, 02:48 PM
Ugh. Don't like it. He was like a homeless man's Kyle Anderson in summer league. An extreme non-athlete. Can't run or jump and is stiff on top of it.

Hall is obviously skilled and his shot looks good .................. but he didn't look like a legit NBA prospect in summer league.

I’m sure he came from a good home and will work extra hard.

timvp
07-23-2022, 02:54 PM
I was okay-ish with passing on Darius Days to keep a spot open for someone interesting who plays a more pressing position ............. but Jordan Hall? Joshua Primo isn't athletic but he looks like Giannis compared to Jordan Hall.

In the end, Hall's summer league stats of 3.5 points per game on 28/22/50 splits was just too much to overlook, tbh . . .

Chinook
07-23-2022, 02:57 PM
Don't love them picking him over Days. Going into SL, he was the likely choice, so I guess the Spurs are still going with their scouting. Can't fault them too much for that. I do think the team could use another wing prospect, so we'll see. Wieskamp is probably willing to go to camp to defend his spot now.

timvp
07-23-2022, 02:59 PM
Should have just gone with Justin Robinson. Having David's son on board would have made tanking more entertaining. Seriously, tbh.

*cue the Spurs fans melting down over Spurs fans melting down over a two-way contract*

Atl Spur
07-23-2022, 03:29 PM
Easy call……wing with playmaking skill set. Worth a looksy…..

jjspur
07-23-2022, 03:40 PM
Players on two-way contracts are paid half of the league’s minimum salary. However, these contracts are not guaranteed, so the player can be cut at any point, and will only receive their salary up to that point. If he's only shows as much as in summer league he can be cut for another 2 way player who shows more promise. But lets give the guy a chance to see what he has. His signing didn't kill the budget.

rogcl1
07-23-2022, 03:58 PM
Players on two-way contracts are paid half of the league’s minimum salary. However, these contracts are not guaranteed, so the player can be cut at any point, and will only receive their salary up to that point. If he's only shows as much as in summer league he can be cut for another 2 way player who shows more promise. But lets give the guy a chance to see what he has. His signing didn't kill the budget.

Thanks for that bit of information. Is it actually known that Days was passed over by the Spurs or did he choose Miami instead. This guy is kinda tall and has a diverse skillset. If he shows nothing just move on to the next prospect.

wildbill2u
07-23-2022, 04:02 PM
Sounded to me that Days simply was offered a spot by Miami based on his Sl play before the Spurs were willing to make that move. If a player in Days position gets an offer from any team, you can't blame them for signing. Bird in the hand, eh?

RC_Drunkford
07-23-2022, 04:08 PM
I was okay-ish with passing on Darius Days to keep a spot open for someone interesting who plays a more pressing position ............. but Jordan Hall? Joshua Primo isn't athletic but he looks like Giannis compared to Jordan Hall.

In the end, Hall's summer league stats of 3.5 points per game on 28/22/50 splits was just too much to overlook, tbh . . .

Hey we are a classy organization. We weren't sure who to sign to a 2-way so we didn't want to block Days going to the Heat and signed Jordan Hall. This organization just loves to bend over

PhantomDashCam
07-23-2022, 04:12 PM
I wonder if this is a sign that they feel Blake Wesley is ready to roll with the main squad from day dot?
That in itself make this signing potentially more interesting.

DrSteffo
07-23-2022, 04:14 PM
Juat silly. Average summer league player.

KingKev
07-23-2022, 04:20 PM
Putting borderline NBA players in comp is what we excel at these days. We have a roster of 6th-15th men.

Maddog
07-23-2022, 04:28 PM

Kyle was a summer league MVP
Not a fair comparison

BackHome
07-23-2022, 04:45 PM
Think they just want some one who will not take shots from Malaki and Blake in G League plus he passes the the ball and plays smart basketball

DAF86
07-23-2022, 04:52 PM
Did someone pick up this guy?

T4vFC6JWhL8

widowmaker
07-23-2022, 04:59 PM
What is tanking anyways? Well what ever it is we ain’t doing it.

playblair
07-23-2022, 05:14 PM
just a reminder to everyone timvp does not watch college basketball have that in mind when he gives his evaluation on a prospect

Dejounte
07-23-2022, 05:19 PM
The Spurs have been interested in this guy for a couple years. They brought him in for pre draft workouts for two consecutive years. I truly wonder what they see.

Dejounte
07-23-2022, 05:20 PM
Two years ago when he was 18 it was said that he had potential to be a lottery pick the following year if he had improved. Obviously, that didn’t happen.

Dejounte
07-23-2022, 05:22 PM
With that said, the crying about a 15th man is unsurprising. With two way guys, you aim for guys who have a high floor, not a high ceiling. It’s rare that these guys stick and that’s why you hope they are at least good enough to make a roster. The ceiling doesn’t matter in most cases.

Robz4000
07-23-2022, 05:35 PM
The Spurs have been interested in this guy for a couple years. They brought him in for pre draft workouts for two consecutive years. I truly wonder what they see.

A CREAM player tbh.

Ariel
07-23-2022, 06:50 PM
Two years ago when he was 18 it was said that he had potential to be a lottery pick the following year if he had improved. Obviously, that didn’t happen.
Doesn't mean it can't happen. I mean, look at Primo...

Oh, wait... :drunk

ducks
07-23-2022, 06:52 PM
I’m sure he came from a good home and will work extra hard.

The question is did he vote for biden ?

Dejounte
07-23-2022, 09:03 PM
Btw, I had believed that signing the second two way player would be the last move the Spurs would make. This could very well be it for the Spurs’ offseason. Maybe they eat Langford’s contract and waive him to sign Wieskamp and then that’s it.

Ariel
07-23-2022, 09:23 PM
Btw, I had believed that signing the second two way player would be the last move the Spurs would make. This could very well be it for the Spurs’ offseason. Maybe they eat Langford’s contract and waive him to sign Wieskamp and then that’s it.
Langford's contract could be useful for salary matching purposes in some eventual trade, I doubt they'd do that.

Em-City
07-23-2022, 09:59 PM
Anybody got some decent highlights of this bum?

GAustex
I watched all of the summer league
30 did not impress
but 30 was not awful

exstatic

They’re going to fill the cap room with contract(s), one way or another. If they determine that LA isn’t a player, they’ll move on to Phoenix and their $15M, and then whoever else.

slick'81
07-23-2022, 10:00 PM

https://youtu.be/3tRTYX_edp0

rogcl1
07-23-2022, 10:14 PM

Kind of a harsh opening statement on this kid. Actually he has good length and handles and a diverse skill set. Two ways are not guaranteed so if he sucks or some better prospect comes along he can be cut and nothing is lost.

offset formation
07-23-2022, 11:19 PM

You forget we're tanking and they brought Brett Brown in for a reason?

offset formation
07-23-2022, 11:21 PM

He was like 8th on the list of summer league players I thought they'd sign. He was nowhere near the best.

I like it for tanking but if this is an actual talent evaluation for getting the best players on the team, the game has passed Pop faster than I could have ever imagined.

offset formation
07-23-2022, 11:29 PM

What's your opinion if they choose to release Weiskamp instead, because they used their second two way on signing Hall?

Was that a wise basketball move? Is Hall better than Weiskamp? Or really any other player on the roster? Answering that question tells you a lot about either the seriousness to win or the talent evaluation skills of PATFO.

Dejounte
07-24-2022, 04:31 AM
What's your opinion if they choose to release Weiskamp instead, because they used their second two way on signing Hall?

Was that a wise basketball move? Is Hall better than Weiskamp? Or really any other player on the roster? Answering that question tells you a lot about either the seriousness to win or the talent evaluation skills of PATFO.

a needle dropping in the ocean isn’t going to cause waves. This is a 15th man. It isn’t about seriousness to win nor is it just evaluation of talent. As Ariel mentioned, cap flexibility is a factor too. And it could be about fit as well — Wieskamp was purely just a shooter while Hall gives the team another ball handler option in practices. Talent wise, we’re not missing out here. Again, we’re talking about guys just trying to make it in the league. Wieskamp didnt blow anything out of the water.

Rummpd
07-24-2022, 05:51 AM
Dysfunctional FO makes irrelevant move after disastrous last five years -nothing to see here

exstatic
07-24-2022, 06:09 AM
Dysfunctional FO makes irrelevant move after disastrous last five years -nothing to see here

So, why are you here, then? You hate the team, you hate PATFO, and you hate the direction.

XDT76
07-24-2022, 07:36 AM

They offer Wieskamp a $1.9M QO, don't think he is in consideration for 2 Way. He would probably just sign the QO, the contracts are all for 1 year and the max 2 way contract is ard $600k.

KingKev
07-24-2022, 07:47 AM
Weiskamp seems pretty actively engaged with the rooks… I’m pretty sure his spot is set for this year barring a poor training camp.

Atl Spur
07-24-2022, 08:27 AM
So, why are you here, then? You hate the team, you hate PATFO, and you hate the direction.

He’s here for attention; most of these clowns aren’t interested in having good healthy conversation.

Atl Spur
07-24-2022, 08:35 AM
The question is did he vote for biden ?

The real question is do you still follow behind Trump? If so, that’s all anyone needs to know…. If what this clown did and continues to do don’t upset you, being a American isn’t important to you! All the cute shit don’t over ride facts!! #factsmatter #clownsandducksdont

offset formation
07-24-2022, 08:43 AM
He’s here for attention; most of these clowns aren’t interested in having good healthy conversation.

I know I wasn't the one to whom exstatic was responding, but is PATFO love and Primo worship tantamount to healthy conversation in your book?

Is this board only for group think or can one not challenge the decision making without being told to go away. It's like a MAGAt on Twitter telling me to move then if I criticize this shitty state, and country, and it's leadership.

They've made some lousy decisions that have delayed the rebuild and continue to do so. It was obvious to some on this board 4 years ago we needed to tank. I wasn't one of them but I wish I had been. I didn't get on board until about halfway through the 2020 season. And Pop has simply been atrocious on several levels.

Only a moron would question my loyalty to this team because I critique them for those shitty choices. I've been a fan since before Robinson laced them up for us.

offset formation
07-24-2022, 08:44 AM
Weiskamp seems pretty actively engaged with the rooks… I’m pretty sure his spot is set for this year barring a poor training camp.

Right, so then as Dejounte alluded, who gets the axe if they keep Weiskamp?

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-24-2022, 09:13 AM
If he helps us not win games this year, then I’d say mission accomplished!

KingKev
07-24-2022, 09:24 AM

Well if last season was any indication we had no problem guaranteeing too many guys ahead of training camp. This team is frugal but not cheap and are flush with cap space.

I suspect Langford is the one out the door given we have heard nothing about him and he never seemed pleased to be here to begin with but KBD, Weiskamp, Roby will all be in comp for that final spot if this is the final roster.

Still possible Jak, JRich or Mcdermott are moved with no long term contract coming back.

Personally, I could care less who they keep. Spurstalk gets far too aroused over borderline NBA talent. Some ppl had Jock Landale penciled in as a future key asset to our next dynasty LOL.

dbestpro
07-24-2022, 09:38 AM
Call it what it is. A signing to support the tanking.

dbestpro
07-24-2022, 09:41 AM
The real question is do you still follow behind Trump? If so, that’s all anyone needs to know…. If what this clown did and continues to do don’t upset you, being a American isn’t important to you! All the cute shit don’t over ride facts!! #factsmatter #clownsandducksdont

"good healthy conversation?" I don't think you will ever be able to insult a person into agreeing with you. Just saying.

spurraider21
07-24-2022, 09:54 AM
What is tanking anyways? Well what ever it is we ain’t doing it.
We are tanking

Tanking doesn’t mean the players are instructed to throw games. It means the front office constructs a team that they do not expect to rack up wins but rather just a long scrimmage season for player development

XDT76
07-24-2022, 11:00 AM

Not sure who i missed out taking reference from nba.com The Spurs has 15 players including Wieskamp, thus no need to cut anyone.

We lost DjM, JL, LW and Cacok, we signed 3 rookies and IR. 4 in, 4 out.

ace3g
07-24-2022, 11:01 AM
If he is 6'8, it doesn't feel like that when he is on the court.

Dejounte
07-24-2022, 11:05 AM
Not sure who i missed out taking reference from nba.com The Spurs has 15 players including Wieskamp, thus no need to cut anyone.

Dieng is not on there yet.

XDT76
07-24-2022, 11:05 AM
Dieng is not on there yet.

Oh i forgot about him.

KingKev
07-24-2022, 11:14 AM
We have 16 signed players if Weiskamp accepts his QO plus 2 two-ways in Barlow and Hall and an NBA roster must be at 15 players plus two 2ways.

Cacock, Woodard, Stewert might be training camp invites but are unlikely to be around.

Maddog
07-24-2022, 11:41 AM
Oh i forgot about him.

Easy to do

I'm bummed and bet he is too, that weiskamp didn't get to play in summer league. Seems to have a modicum more potential than Hall
To keep things real we are obsessing on a number 17 player

widowmaker
07-24-2022, 12:54 PM
We are tanking

Tanking doesn’t mean the players are instructed to throw games. It means the front office constructs a team that they do not expect to rack up wins but rather just a long scrimmage season for player development

Sure.

rastaspur
07-24-2022, 04:30 PM
Honest question. Just want to lock you down answer wise. It is your opinion as we sit here today that the three picks in this last draft were all terrible/dysfunctional decisions? If not all then which ones.

Do you believe any of them will have an nBA career of less than 6 seasons?

rastaspur
07-24-2022, 04:37 PM
Maybe a trade goes down before training camp and the riddle solves itself without having to cut someone.

After the first two summer league games I honestly quit paying attention to hall as I just assumed why analyze and pay attention to someone with no chance of making the team.

Didn't pay attention to his defense at all. Maybe they like that.

Who knows. Just a two way so don't really care in the grand scheme of things.

Atl Spur
07-24-2022, 05:17 PM
Honest question. Just want to lock you down answer wise. It is your opinion as we sit here today that the three picks in this last tdraft were all terrible/dysfunctional decisions? If not all then which ones.

Whoa! Stop pulling cards!!! Lol. You Depeche Mode him……meanie!!

GAustex
07-24-2022, 05:32 PM
22 and 14 seem promising
Especially 14
Previous year not so much
10 is wait and see

spurraider21
07-24-2022, 10:12 PM
Sure.
Ah yes. Trading our best player while getting nothing to help us this year and just sitting on 30+ mil in cap space really sounds like a front office trying to get wins this year :lol

rogcl1
07-24-2022, 10:22 PM
22 and 14 seem promising
Especially 14
Previous year not so much
10 is wait and see

I think 10 will more than earn his keep. But yes, time will tell.

widowmaker
07-25-2022, 06:19 PM
Ah yes. Trading our best player while getting nothing to help us this year and just sitting on 30+ mil in cap space really sounds like a front office trying to get wins this year :lol

Sure does. Btw your not going to convince me like you know whats going on cause you dont, so put the keyboard down and walk away.

spurraider21
07-25-2022, 06:32 PM
Sure does. Btw your not going to convince me like you know whats going on cause you dont, so put the keyboard down and walk away.
do you carry your keyboard around with you?

widowmaker
07-26-2022, 11:10 AM
do you carry your keyboard around with you?

Sometimes. I see you do.

rjv
07-26-2022, 11:14 AM
Honest question. Just want to lock you down answer wise. It is your opinion as we sit here today that the three picks in this last draft were all terrible/dysfunctional decisions? If not all then which ones.

man, this reads like an interrogatory.

spurraider21
07-26-2022, 12:16 PM
Sometimes. I see you do.
why dont you pick yours back up, and tell me how trading our best player for nothing in return (for this year) and holding on to 30+ mil in cap space going unused reflects a front office trying to win this year

bluebellmaniac
07-26-2022, 01:52 PM

Wait... We're tanking... Right?

Atl Spur
07-26-2022, 01:55 PM
why dont you pick yours back up, and tell me how trading our best player for nothing in return (for this year) and holding on to 30+ mil in cap space going unused reflects a front office trying to win this year

How about you answer my question from earlier sparky! Let’s see how much of a patriot you are:)�� bozo

widowmaker
07-26-2022, 02:08 PM

Na

spurraider21
07-26-2022, 02:45 PM
How about you answer my question from earlier sparky! Let’s see how much of a patriot you are:)�� bozo
remind me what your question was

spurraider21
07-26-2022, 02:46 PM
Na
as expected

we tanking :tu

widowmaker
07-26-2022, 03:10 PM
as expected

we tanking :tu

Sure.

ducks
07-26-2022, 04:16 PM
If he helps us not win games this year, then I’d say mission accomplished!

Just like Biden
He is not winning on economy inflation
He is winning on letting illegals in USA !

widowmaker
07-26-2022, 04:28 PM
Just like Biden

No shit, how else would you and your family make it here. Be grateful for little that you get.

hombre
07-26-2022, 05:30 PM
Just like Biden

Racist clown speak.

Atl Spur
07-26-2022, 06:59 PM
Racist clown speak.

He’s ( meaning ducky ) so patriotic but probably haven’t done anything for the country ( if I’m wrong please correct me ).

rastaspur
07-26-2022, 08:33 PM
Ducks is the most ignorant fuck wad on this whole site. And it's not even close.

rastaspur
07-26-2022, 08:42 PM
man, this reads like an interrogatory.

Lol. It's the lawyer in me.

That's my job. Lock someone in . Don't care if they lie or tell the truth. You just want to lock them into a story one way or the other.

ducks
07-26-2022, 09:12 PM
Ducks is the most ignorant fuck wad on this whole site. And it's not even close.

What makes you so smart 100 checking account
50 in savings ?

ducks
07-26-2022, 09:14 PM
Racist clown speak.

I am not racist
If I was racist I would not live near blacks Hispanics Asians and whites
Hell in Town it is hard to get a job if you do not speak Spanish

widowmaker
07-26-2022, 09:21 PM
I am not racist

Get Rosetta stone then bitch quit complaining lol.

offset formation
07-26-2022, 09:23 PM
Lol. It's the lawyer in me.

That's my job. Lock someone in . Don't care if they lie or tell the truth. You just want to lock them into a story one way or the other.

Do you post on UT fan sites by chance. Feel like I remember seeing a lawyer post on one of those sites a ways back with a similar username

ducks
07-26-2022, 09:23 PM
I fix Spanish French German computers
I installed 10 in Spanish
I am damm good !!!

rastaspur
07-26-2022, 10:04 PM
Do you post on UT fan sites by chance. Feel like I remember seeing a lawyer post on one of those sites a ways back with a similar username

Definitely wasn't me. Roll tide. Last time I went to Austin was in 2014 and the fans were still so butthurt from 2009 they keyed my truck from the back bumper to the front. Saw that Alabama tag and just went to town on it.

Keyed fuck Alabama on the hood. It was ridiculous tbh. Lol. Fuck the longhorns. Lol

rastaspur
07-26-2022, 10:07 PM
I am damm good !!!

Are you Q?

ducks
07-26-2022, 10:12 PM
I am the Man !

BackHome
07-26-2022, 10:30 PM
Can you say Man? I know you can’t say “Women” now as the proper term I believe is “Birther” so I guess since Men can now give birth to kids the proper terminology would be “Birther”?

Leetonidas
07-26-2022, 10:38 PM
I am damm good !!!

Yet you can't post a coherent sentence in English:lol you're probably just some obese disabled government leech

offset formation
07-26-2022, 11:10 PM
Definitely wasn't me. Roll tide. Last time I went to Austin was in 2014 and the fans were still so butthurt from 2009 they keyed my truck from the back bumper to the front. Saw that Alabama tag and just went to town on it.

Keyed fuck Alabama on the hood. It was ridiculous tbh. Lol. Fuck the longhorns. Lol

Yeah, they're the absolute worst fan base that think they are more respected than they are...whiny, entitled bitches. I used to be big into college football, now I hardly watch it.

Just thought you had a familiar account / legal background.

Thanks-

offset formation
07-26-2022, 11:13 PM
Are you Q?

Oh, I'd bank on that.

I've come to terms w/ Ducks as the spitting image of his kind. He's almost a parody. But he's our parody, lol.

rogcl1
07-26-2022, 11:29 PM

I don't read all this crap but I think this Snake boy guy is not far behind

ducks
07-27-2022, 12:17 AM
Yet you can't post a coherent sentence in English:lol you're probably just some obese disabled government leech

So that makes me a useless fool ?
Biden can not do nothing
Has to have cards to tell him what the heck to do

offset formation
07-27-2022, 12:18 AM
Can you say Man? I know you can’t say “Women” now as the proper term I believe is “Birther” so I guess since Men can now give birth to kids the proper terminology would be “Birther”?

Sigh. I see someone has been watching right wing media narratives. Dude, worry less about shit like this and the stuff your masters in corporate media are telling you are important (they're not important in the least) and perhaps concern yourself with shit that really matters like people dying under bridges for lack of access to affordable healthcare and mental care, climate change, women's bodily autonomy, etc. You know, things that actually contribute to a healthy, safe, happy population.

ducks
07-27-2022, 12:54 AM
Lots of liberals can not even define a what a woman is
And people bash I have trouble with English
Geez

rogcl1
07-27-2022, 01:13 AM
Sigh. I see someone has been watching right wing media narratives. Dude, worry less about shit like this and the stuff your masters in corporate media are telling you are important (they're not important in the least) and perhaps concern yourself with shit that really matters like people dying under bridges for lack of access to affordable healthcare and mental care, climate change, women's bodily autonomy, etc. You know, things that actually contribute to a healthy, safe, happy population.

Yes.

tbdog
07-27-2022, 05:39 AM

They all matter. Including defining what is a women.

Atl Spur
07-27-2022, 09:09 AM
I am not racist

Answer my question you patriot you:)

offset formation
07-27-2022, 04:31 PM
They all matter. Including defining what is a women.

No. It doesn't matter one bit. If a population of people think a woman is something different or additional than you do, why tf does that matter? Does it impact your life or prevent you from living your life as you see fit? Take away any of your rights?

No?

Then concern yourself with things that actually matter by way of reducing other's health or quality of life.

Please step back from nonsensical media sources that are telling you what you need to worry about. Because dollars to donuts, you absolutely don't need to worry about it.

TD 21
08-16-2022, 05:34 PM
Not sure if reported, but supposedly its for 2 years.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-16-2022, 05:46 PM
Lots of liberals can not even define a what a woman is
And people bash I have trouble with English
Geez

I'd guess that some ducks can't either.