PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Chip Engelland to OKC

BatManu20
07-27-2022, 09:08 AM
Damn. Least it’s not the warriors I guess.

Darius Bieber
07-27-2022, 09:10 AM
Everyone's leaving, won't be long until we're the Vegas or Austin Spurs. You gotta expect no more than 20 or 25 wins this season with the AT&T Center being about 10% full, hence why the Spurs are playing HOME games away from San Antonio.... which no other franchise is really doing this season.

dokdok
07-27-2022, 09:11 AM
FUCK

RC_Drunkford
07-27-2022, 09:12 AM
him leaving the Spurs for OKC should tell you everything you need to know...

RC_Drunkford
07-27-2022, 09:15 AM
Everyone's leaving, won't be long until we're the Vegas or Austin Spurs. You gotta expect no more than 20 or 25 wins this season with the AT&T Center being about 10% full, hence why the Spurs are playing HOME games away from San Antonio.... which no other franchise is really doing this season.

the one person that actually should leave is still there

BatManu20
07-27-2022, 09:17 AM
Huge blow to the Spurs tbh. Figured he’d be headed to a contender, but the fact that he’s leaving for another rebuild says a lot. Me thinks he knows this is Pop’s last season.

Leetonidas
07-27-2022, 09:18 AM
Cue the sky is falling team is moving etc comments

SpursFan86
07-27-2022, 09:19 AM
So he’s gone as of now? Initial reports just mentioned that he’d be leaving when his contract is finished…does this mean his contract was already up and he’ll be with OKC starting this season?

exstatic
07-27-2022, 09:19 AM
him leaving the Spurs for OKC should tell you everything you need to know...

It tells you Pop’s not long on the sideline.

People have left this organization for the better part of two decades. They move on and move up. It’s kind of a thing. Kerr, and Bud have won titles, and Mike Brown and Avery took teams to the Finals. Coaches from the Spurs are desirable hires. That’s what it tellls you.

exstatic
07-27-2022, 09:20 AM
So he’s gone as of now? Initial reports just mentioned that he’d be leaving when his contract is finished…does this mean his contract was already up and he’ll be with OKC starting this season?

The initial feedback was that his contract was up at the end of July. It’s pretty much the end of July.

Atl Spur
07-27-2022, 09:28 AM
Who was the shooting coach before him? Exactly…… please cut the BS! We had won three titles before he stepped into the building; he’s one of the best I’m sure but we will be fine. ��

BatManu20
07-27-2022, 09:29 AM
Watch him turn Josh Giddey into a sniper and a future All-Star :lol

BatManu20
07-27-2022, 09:33 AM

RC_Drunkford
07-27-2022, 09:33 AM
It tells you Pop’s not long on the sideline.

People have left this organization for the better part of two decades. They move on and move up. It’s kind of a thing. Kerr, and Bud have won titles, and Mike Brown and Avery took teams to the Finals. Coaches from the Spurs are desirable hires. That’s what it tellls you.

Pop is still here and him leaving for another rebuilding team says a lot. Before that people here were assuming he was joining the Warriors or would retire, but of course you sniffers will find another excuse why it's all good

King
07-27-2022, 09:34 AM
I appreciate the consistency of coaches, but wasn’t the big story that he was the first real dedicated shooting coach in the NBA? Parker and Kawhi improved a lot, obviously. And others along the way, but none as accomplished as KL and TP. But, it’s not like Chip was a magic unicorn who had unlocked some secret that nobody else could.

It’s that the Spurs were the first team that hired a guy that specialized in just that. Now, all the teams have dedicated shooting coaches.

TimDunkem
07-27-2022, 09:38 AM
JFC, people. He isn't the only shooting coach in the NBA.

Darius Bieber
07-27-2022, 09:38 AM
From the story, it sounds like the Holts got cheap because it mentioned that Engelland and the Spurs couldn't agree on a new contract.... Our owners have got to be one of the stingiest owners in the league, while making us pay out the ass for ticket prices to see the worst team in the league.

baseline bum
07-27-2022, 09:45 AM
Always wonder if Leonard would have ended up another Michael Kidd-Gilchrist without Chip. The form on his shot at San Diego State was horrible like you shoot when you're a little kid, bringing the ball behind your head and chunking it. After a couple of years with Chip, Leonard had a jumper that looked like Kobe's.

Atl Spur
07-27-2022, 09:45 AM
Watch him turn Josh Giddey into a sniper and a future All-Star :lol

Maybe

rjv
07-27-2022, 09:47 AM
Pop is still here and him leaving for another rebuilding team says a lot. Before that people here were assuming he was joining the Warriors or would retire, but of course you sniffers will find another excuse why it's all good

and haters will find a reason to say why it's all bad. every once in a while, someone is right. that's the nature of ST.

TD 21
07-27-2022, 09:48 AM
Wojnarowski said it was because they couldn't agree to terms on a new contract.

I don't view this as the catastrophe many do, but for an organization that has seen a mass exodus in recent years and constant hits to their reputation, you'd think if for no other reason than to stem the tide and show the rest of the league they can't just poach whoever, whenever, that they'd have one time not been cheap.

ceperez
07-27-2022, 09:50 AM
From the story, it sounds like the Holts got cheap because it mentioned that Engelland and the Spurs couldn't agree on a new contract.... Our owners have got to be one of the stingiest owners in the league, while making us pay out the ass for ticket prices to see the worst team in the league.

A ton of front office people from championship teams have move on to other NBA teams. Spurs relative advantages is maybe now all gone!

baseline bum
07-27-2022, 09:53 AM

I don't view this as the catastrophe many do, but for an organization that has seen a mass exodus in recent years and constant hits to their reputation, you'd think if for no other reason than to stem the tide and show the rest of the league they can't just poach whoever, whenever, that they'd have one time not been cheap.

So Holt's kid was being cheap? Great.

rjv
07-27-2022, 09:57 AM
So Holt's kid was being cheap? Great.

that might explain those crappy uniforms. maybe they were done at sam's emroidery after all.

exstatic
07-27-2022, 09:58 AM

People here made bad assumptions. Wouldn't be the first time.

Bret Brown left for The Process. Mike Bud left for what appeared to be an ATL rebuild, dumping Josh Smith, until he pulled a rabbit out of a hat. Borrego took jobs in Orlando and Charlotte. Not every job is a plum. Some people like a challenge.

rjv
07-27-2022, 09:59 AM
i'm assuming that chip already knew this in advance (that a new deal could not be hammered out) if he had already put it out there that he would be leaving at the end of his contract.

Proxy
he couldn't help T-Mac when we had him, overrated, bye

exstatic
I appreciate the consistency of coaches, but wasn’t the big story that he was the first real dedicated shooting coach in the NBA? Parker and Kawhi improved a lot, obviously. And others along the way, but none as accomplished as KL and TP. But, it’s not like Chip was a magic unicorn who had unlocked some secret that nobody else could.

It’s that the Spurs were the first team that hired a guy that specialized in just that. Now, all the teams have dedicated shooting coaches.

They hired him from Denver, where he was....a shooting coach.

Atl Spur
07-27-2022, 10:09 AM

Bret Brown left for The Process. Mike Bud left for what appeared to be an ATL rebuild, dumping Josh Smith, until he pulled a rabbit out of a hat. Borrego took jobs in Orlando and Charlotte. Not every job is a plum. Some people like a challenge.

Don’t do it like that!!! Finish him!!!

poopbox
07-27-2022, 10:24 AM
To cheap to pay Chip :lol

manufan10
07-27-2022, 10:38 AM
In the end Chip wasn't a culture fit.

Trill Clinton
07-27-2022, 10:41 AM
Oh no!!!!!

King
07-27-2022, 10:42 AM
I understand he was an AC. And he was a shooting consultant in Detroit before that. But wasn't the news around him coming to the Spurs was that he was hired solely to focus on shooting development, regardless of what he was called.

rjv
07-27-2022, 10:45 AM
In the end Chip wasn't a culture fit.

:lol this is never going to die.

exstatic
07-27-2022, 10:47 AM
I understand he was an AC. And he was a shooting consultant in Detroit before that. But wasn't the news around him coming to the Spurs was that he was hired solely to focus on shooting development, regardless of what he was called.

We hired him away from Denver, not Detroit, and he was a shooting coach there. We broke no new ground hiring him.

Trill Clinton
07-27-2022, 10:50 AM

Maybe OKC offered him a crazy offer. If I was an owner with a rebuilding team I wouldn't spend big money on a shooting coach either tbh.

baseline bum
07-27-2022, 10:56 AM
Maybe OKC offered him a crazy offer. If I was an owner with a rebuilding team I wouldn't spend big money on a shooting coach either tbh.

That's exactly when you'd want a shooting coach like Chip, when your roster is young players you need to turn into NBA level shooters.

Vince Carter's ankle
07-27-2022, 10:59 AM
And what does it really mean? That the team didn't want to raise his already high salary?
And before you write "that you had to match the offer for the best shooting coach", where did you get that? Can you name 10 other shooting coaches without Google?
Just another bout of overreaction on the forum.

Trill Clinton
07-27-2022, 10:59 AM
That's exactly when you'd want a shooting coach like Chip, when your roster is young players you need to turn into NBA level shooters.

If OKC made him an offer he couldn't refuse I wouldn't beat it or match it. Why hold him hostage and pay more than market value when the team is going to be lottery bound for the foreseeable future?

Vince Carter's ankle
07-27-2022, 11:03 AM
And you, poor devils, are just forcibly forced to go to the stadium, chained to a chair and not allowed to close your eyes, like Alex from "A clockwork range".

rjv
07-27-2022, 11:11 AM
for the record, the spurs offer the 5th most affordable tickets in the NBA. they may be 'cheap', but tickets are affordable.

Leetonidas
07-27-2022, 11:11 AM
I think Chip's impact is overstated and pretty overrated tbh. We can point at Kawhi but given we know he is a robot I'm sure most of that was due to his own practice and training. Who else has Chip turned into a great shooter since then? Keldon shot well from three his rookie season, don't recall anyone whose shot significantly got better really since Kawhi tbh. I think the impact of a shooting coach is minimal to the team's effectiveness at best

Spursfanfromafar
07-27-2022, 11:17 AM
If Chip is moving onto an assistant's role and because he couldn't agree to terms with the Spurs after working for ages...something must be rotten in what was always held as basketball paradise. Wonder what?

John B
07-27-2022, 11:27 AM
You can add Keldon in there. On his rookie year, I cringed as he hauled 3 pointers almost touching the ceiling but now Spurs highest 3pt knocker.

Degoat
07-27-2022, 11:37 AM
Fck em we got Brett Brown back lol

Dex
07-27-2022, 11:40 AM
I think Chip's impact is overstated and pretty overrated tbh. We can point at Kawhi but given we know he is a robot I'm sure most of that was due to his own practice and training. Who else has Chip turned into a great shooter since then? Keldon shot well from three his rookie season, don't recall anyone whose shot significantly got better really since Kawhi tbh. I think the impact of a shooting coach is minimal to the team's effectiveness at best

Dejounte's shot improved significantly, but like you said...it's hard to gauge how much of that is because of Chip and how much was just DJ putting up shots in the gym

Apparently still couldn't teach Poeltl how to shoot a goddamn free throw

baseline bum
07-27-2022, 11:54 AM
If OKC made him an offer he couldn't refuse I wouldn't beat it or match it. Why hold him hostage and pay more than market value when the team is going to be lottery bound for the foreseeable future?

The point is to develop the young guys they pick so they're not lottery bound for fifteen years like Sacramento.

baseline bum
07-27-2022, 11:56 AM
If Chip is moving onto an assistant's role and because he couldn't agree to terms with the Spurs after working for ages...something must be rotten in what was always held as basketball paradise. Wonder what?

Wondering if we got some Jim Buss level incompetency in the ownership now

Leetonidas
07-27-2022, 12:07 PM
You can add Keldon in there. On his rookie year, I cringed as he hauled 3 pointers almost touching the ceiling but now Spurs highest 3pt knocker.

Except he shot 59% from 3 in his rookie season. :lol small sample size I know but my point was its not like KJ was a bad shooter so we don't really know if Chip impacted keldon at all

KingKev
07-27-2022, 12:08 PM
Haha he probably got paid better away probs not that deep. It happens. Chip or no chip we are still a dumpster fire.

It’s good we don’t have to stomach posts about Chip changing Jak into Jokic and Simmons into Steph any longer.

Dverde
07-27-2022, 12:20 PM
Problem is bigger than basketball.

Dverde
07-27-2022, 12:23 PM
I think Chip knows once this team starts losing badly, Pop is going to be unbearable to be around.

KingKev
07-27-2022, 12:31 PM
I think Chip knows once this team starts losing badly, Pop is going to be unbearable to be around.

Haha I actually think he’ll just be hitting the wine bottle early AF and quite merry.

It is just basketball.

Robz4000
07-27-2022, 12:35 PM
Wondering if we got some Jim Buss level incompetency in the ownership now

Eh, incompetency or sabotage to get the team moved to a desirable market.

spurraider21
07-27-2022, 12:53 PM
looking forward to the Las Vegas Spurs :tu

cant wait for the :cry save our spurs :cry documentary :lmao

RC_Drunkford
07-27-2022, 12:58 PM

they are not Chip Engelland. I could care less about the assistants leaving for a headcoaching gig. Of course they will. But Chip leaving to a rebuilding team cause the Spurs couldn't agree on a new contract with him is a completely different thing.

RC_Drunkford
07-27-2022, 01:01 PM
And what does it really mean? That the team didn't want to raise his already high salary?
And before you write "that you had to match the offer for the best shooting coach", where did you get that? Can you name 10 other shooting coaches without Google?
Just another bout of overreaction on the forum.

who's burner account are you?

Mugen
07-27-2022, 01:03 PM
Thanks for your service, Chip.

Hoping this means a few things:
1) The old man is gone after this season.
2) This cheap ass ownership group eventually sells and the team can relocate to Vegas. prayingdog.jpg

tbh :lol

GAustex
07-27-2022, 01:03 PM
Atl?

RC_Drunkford
07-27-2022, 01:04 PM
people here really think none of that means anything :lmao

Murray was just hating when he said "problems bigger than basketball". All the players who wanted to leave in the past 5 years. Etc. etc. None of that means anything right? Pop is the GOAT and it's all good baby, baby :lmao

baseline bum
07-27-2022, 01:13 PM
looking forward to the Las Vegas Spurs :tu

cant wait for the :cry save our spurs :cry documentary :lmao

They don't even have water how they gonna have an NBA team?

spurraider21
07-27-2022, 01:25 PM
They don't even have water how they gonna have an NBA team?
same way they have an NFL and NHL team

Vince Carter's ankle
07-27-2022, 01:28 PM
who's burner account are you?
You can't answer a direct question. Typical conspiracy theorist.

lefty
07-27-2022, 01:32 PM
and Lebron and Dirk took teams to the Finals.
fify

rascal
07-27-2022, 01:53 PM
Las Vegas Spurs is great, also matching the black and silver Raiders colors and a perfect fit for Las Vegas.

DesignatedT
07-27-2022, 01:54 PM
Chip is over 60 years old already also. He probably knows Pop is on his way out and he's only got a few more years of doing this himself also. Lol huge blow.

rascal
07-27-2022, 02:18 PM
But Chip was suppose to make Sochan into a shooter so don't worry about Sochan's shooting, just draft him at 9.

Should have drafted Duren at 9 instead.

The Truth #6
07-27-2022, 02:23 PM
Now he’s “just another coach” once he left?

Sniffer trigger warning: Tim left money on the table. Maybe Pop should’ve taken a pay cut to keep Chip around.

Another controversial take: Chip is more important than Pop moving forward. Chip for another 4 years or Pop for one?

Sort of joking.

ginobilized
07-27-2022, 02:26 PM
Fare thee well, Chip! Alas, we hardly knew ya.....

17 yrs is a good run for any job.

The coaching turnover since Timmy left has been a bit worrisome. Doesn't feel like Pop has a solid team around him. He seems to need that, at least to me.
I hope they can find another coach or two for this season.

Mnky
07-27-2022, 02:43 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again...when's the last time the spurs had a good confident shooting team?

He's good at what he does, clearly. I haven't seen game changing coaching from a shooters perspective though. Spurs consistently struggle to develop their shot. Not sure how much of a difference there could be, especially with the spurs having plenty of experience with methodology.

KingKev
07-27-2022, 03:20 PM
Now he’s “just another coach” once he left?

Sniffer trigger warning: Tim left money on the table. Maybe Pop should’ve taken a pay cut to keep Chip around.

Another controversial take: Chip is more important than Pop moving forward. Chip for another 4 years or Pop for one?

Sort of joking.

12mm for coach Pop. He made 3mm less that DJ last year lol.

heyheymymy
07-27-2022, 03:28 PM
https://64.media.tumblr.com/76ed257fbaff6e9ace778e36bda50aa1/tumblr_n6md4vs2nv1sg3vmpo1_500.gif

dbestpro
07-27-2022, 03:29 PM
So, who is the new shooting coach?

slick'81
07-27-2022, 03:31 PM
Presti working his mojo

Atl Spur
07-27-2022, 03:36 PM
Atl?

Can’t keep it out your mouth huh? I don’t hide little girl.

The Truth #6
07-27-2022, 03:37 PM
Maybe McBuckets can just not play and work as our shooting coach.

timtonymanu
07-27-2022, 03:37 PM
JFC, people. He isn't the only shooting coach in the NBA.

Didn't matter if Chip was here, our team was still one of the worst at 3 point shooting and having shot creators. Spurs probably still win the same amount of games if he was still on the organization.

Atl Spur
07-27-2022, 03:38 PM
Presti working his mojo

How many championships that dude won? Hmmmmm

spurs10
07-27-2022, 03:39 PM
Big loss, but great respect for all he's done for the team.

GAustex
07-27-2022, 03:40 PM
Miss Cleo saying things but nothing at all

slick'81
07-27-2022, 03:41 PM

chips won 2 why?

exstatic
07-27-2022, 03:44 PM
chips won 2 why?

Presti. Zero.

slick'81
07-27-2022, 03:47 PM
Presti. Zero.
03'05'07 dont count?

TD 21
07-27-2022, 03:48 PM

Even so, as I alluded to, it should have been viewed as a matter of principle.

And if you buy that he's nearly as important as he's been made out to be, wouldn't entering your first re-build in 33 years, having just expended your highest pick in 25 years on a non shooter, make him more important than ever?

slick'81
07-27-2022, 03:49 PM
Even so, as I alluded to, it should have been viewed as a matter of principle.

And if you buy that he's nearly as important as he's been made out to be, wouldn't entering your first re-build in some 35 years, having just expended your highest pick in 25 years on a non shooter, make him more important than ever?

doesnt really matter now,hes gone

TimDunkem
07-27-2022, 03:51 PM
Miss Cleo saying things but nothing at all
He just slurps the FO, and throws out some juvenile retort or accuses you of being a fake/spoiled fan if you disagree. Bottom of the barrel poster, tbh.

playblair
07-27-2022, 03:59 PM
why da fook r so many people against the move to austin its only 1 hour away.......its like they want to hinder the spurs by keeping them in a boring city when they could move to one of the best cities in all of america & attract marquee free agents........

Ocotillo
07-27-2022, 04:06 PM
So, who is the new shooting coach?

Steph.

JeffDuncan
07-27-2022, 04:17 PM
People automatically think money, but the problem was probably length of contract. Chip was probably looking for a contract to take him to, and maybe a little beyond, the usual retirement age. Five years would do it, since he’s 61.

The Spurs couldn’t do that because Pop is very likely to retire in just another season, or two at the most. That’s what everybody seems to think, (including me.)

When the new coach arrives he’ll want his own staff. Of course. Would he want to keep Chip? It’s impossible to answer the question. Chip has a good enough reputation that the new coach might want to retain him, but then, the new coach might want to replace him with somebody else he likes. It’s unpredictable.

Given that, the Spurs may have only been willing to offer Chip a one-year deal.

So you’ve got the Spurs only offering one year, because of the head coach question, but Chip looking for a five-year contract, to take him to the age where he might decide to retire. One year versus five years, it’s too big a difference to find agreement.

I think it was something like that. Not the money, instead, they couldn’t find common ground on the length of contract - which goes back to the general belief that Pop will retire from coaching soon.

slick'81
07-27-2022, 04:19 PM
People automatically think money, but the problem was probably length of contract. Chip was probably looking for a contract to take him to, and maybe a little beyond, the usual retirement age. Five years would do it, since he’s 61.

The Spurs couldn’t do that because Pop is very likely to retire in just another season, or two at the most. That’s what everybody seems to think, (including me.)

When the new coach arrives he’ll want his own staff. Of course. Would he want to keep Chip? It’s impossible to answer the question. Chip has a good enough reputation that the new coach might want to retain him, but then, the new coach might want to replace him with somebody else he likes. It’s unpredictable.

So you’ve got the Spurs only offering one year, because of the head coach question, but Chip looking for a five-year contract, to take him to the age where he might decide to retire. One year versus five years, it’s too big a difference to find agreement.

I think it was something like that. Not the money, instead, they couldn’t find common ground on the length of contract - which goes back to the general belief that Pop will retire from coaching soon.

its kinda obvious yea. Or more money :lol

TD 21
07-27-2022, 04:28 PM

Front offices are increasingly having a hand in the composition of coaching staffs and unless an established name like Snyder is the replacement, it wouldn't be surprising if that occurs here too.

No new coach is going to immediately dismiss a long serving shooting coach widely regarded as the best in the business (I think the whole concept/notion of such a thing is nonsense, but I digress).

TekXX
07-27-2022, 04:40 PM
why da fook r so many people against the move to austin its only 1 hour away.......its like they want to hinder the spurs by keeping them in a boring city when they could move to one of the best cities in all of america & attract marquee free agents........

It was a happening place 20 years ago, now it's an urban mess. Nothing really special about it now. I do feel bad that they are pinned in pro sports team wise by Jerry Jones and the spurs but they got their pro soccer team so there's that.

offset formation
07-27-2022, 04:46 PM
Wonder how much of them not agreeing to terms has to do with the Holts and how much has to do with Pop/Wright.

I'm sure Pop has some level of financial freedom with the budget to hire whom he wants.

It might just be he asked for a boat load knowing Pop was gone soon and it was a shot in the dark.

Trill Clinton
07-27-2022, 05:01 PM

I can rock with this too

DeRozan m8
07-27-2022, 05:15 PM

You literally have no idea what you're talking about

Daniel P
07-27-2022, 05:23 PM

I agree . If the Spurs want to keep the players they have and have a chance to attract free agents , they need to be in Austin.
San Antonio old .Coach old.. Tourist attractions old and most closed by 5 pm.

Dex
07-27-2022, 06:34 PM
I agree . If the Spurs want to keep the players they have and have a chance to attract free agents , they need to be in Austin.
San Antonio old .Coach old.. Tourist attractions old and most closed by 5 pm.

Holy shit, some of y'all are complete idiots.

slick'81
07-27-2022, 06:35 PM

lol sanantonio "old"

Uriel
07-27-2022, 06:37 PM
There was an episode in the TV series Young Sheldon, where the football coach pondered taking a job offer at Oklahoma. His whole family was against it because they didn’t want to leave Texas, but the coach wanted it because they were offering a huge salary.In the end though, he turned it down, because he couldn’t imagine leaving Texas for Oklahoma.

slick'81
07-27-2022, 06:38 PM
There was an episode in the TV series Young Sheldon, where the football coach pondered taking a job offer at Oklahoma. His whole family was against it because they didn’t want to leave Texas, but the coach wanted it because they were offering a huge salary.In the end though, he turned it down, because he couldn’t imagine leaving Texas for Oklahoma.

nobody wants to live in methlahoma

Dex
07-27-2022, 06:40 PM
lol sanantonio "old"

Austin's so young and hip! Surely our skyrocketing housing market, constant clusterfuck traffic, and festering music and nightlife scene will attract more people wanting to play basketball! All the star players want to go hang out on Dirty Sixth or shop at The Domain! Oh, and you just might get mugged or shot too!

I've lived in Austin 15+ years and actually still like it here, but yeah...this is still UT town, and abandoning a historic fanbase to appeal to a bunch of college kids and old Austin money ain't gonna make a damn difference

MultiTroll
07-27-2022, 07:07 PM
Austin's so young and hip! Surely our skyrocketing housing market, constant clusterfuck traffic, and festering music and nightlife scene will attract more people wanting to play basketball! All the star players want to go hang out on Dirty Sixth or shop at The Domain! Oh, and you just might get mugged or shot too!

I've lived in Austin 15+ years and actually still like it here, but yeah...this is still UT town, and abandoning a historic fanbase to appeal to a bunch of college kids and old Austin money ain't gonna make a damn difference
Is the Tesla plant producing or is that still on hold?

Dex
07-27-2022, 07:14 PM

I don't think so, but I don't follow closely. Last time I drove by (I live about 20 mins away) it seemed like a gigantic, abandoned building...so guessing not

MultiTroll
07-27-2022, 07:22 PM
I don't think so, but I don't follow closely. Last time I drove by (I live about 20 mins away) it seemed like a gigantic, abandoned building...so guessing not
Did housing jump 30% in the area the last 2 years after the announcement and moreso after the building started going up?
I was going to score a house on that huge long lake (an hour + away NW i think.)

Dex
07-27-2022, 07:26 PM
Did housing jump 30% in the area the last 2 years after the announcement and moreso after the building started going up?
I was going to score a house on that huge long lake (an hour + away NW i think.)

I think it's a combination of things. Tesla building their plant, Amazon put up a fulfillment center just north of Austin, Google and Facebook are both expanding here, and Apple is currently adding to their existing campus which will be 20,000 new jobs (making it larger than the HQ in Cupertino).

So yeah...lots of tech people are flocking to Austin for various reasons. The value of my house has nearly doubled in the last two years.

ducks
07-27-2022, 07:34 PM
Damn. Least it’s not the warriors I guess.

Should have fired pop saved money and kepted chip

Leetonidas
07-27-2022, 08:24 PM
:lmao "kepted"

Ice009
07-27-2022, 08:42 PM
Should have fired pop saved money and kepted chip

Come on man. Your English is good half the time and then you write shit like this. Absolutely terrible shtick you got going on. Pretending to be half retarded is a freaking insult to people who do struggle with stuff like that. Stop doing that shit.

offset formation
07-27-2022, 09:38 PM
Come on man. Your English is good half the time and then you write shit like this. Absolutely terrible shtick you got going on. Pretending to be half retarded is a freaking insult to people who do struggle with stuff like that. Stop doing that shit.

Huh? I've never seen him not shit all over the keyboard almost with 100% repetition each time he posts. You must be speaking of a different ducks

Dverde
07-27-2022, 10:02 PM
Gotta give it to Pop allowing all the dominos to drop before him. He’s basically married away all his coaching daughters before he retires.

MVPCues
07-27-2022, 11:10 PM
Gotta give it to Pop allowing all the dominos to drop before him. He’s basically married away all his coaching daughters before he retires.

Allowing? I'm sure he is happy to see it, but it's more like rats jumping ship.

Dverde
07-27-2022, 11:41 PM
Allowing? I'm sure he is happy to see it, but it's more like rats jumping ship.

There is this crazy idea that you stay where you got the job. Obviously, promotions you leave, but SAS having people leave for lateral moves. Not a good sign for the future.

slick'81
07-27-2022, 11:57 PM
There is this crazy idea that you stay where you got the job. Obviously, promotions you leave, but SAS having people leave for lateral moves. Not a good sign for the future.

nothing about our future is promising unless spurs land a top pick

The Truth #6
07-28-2022, 12:07 AM

"Never go full retard."
Tropic Thunder

playblair
07-28-2022, 01:58 AM
everting he said was correct.....wtf is it with san antonio peoples fragile ego because their city is boring

XDT76
07-28-2022, 03:14 AM

I agree with what you said, as I remember Chip turned down GSW offer which paid much more saying he prefer to stay with us. Regardless whether is it due pay or length of contract, highly possible that Pop is gone after his season when his contract ends.

TimDunkem
07-28-2022, 06:50 AM
Huh? I've never seen him not shit all over the keyboard almost with 100% repetition each time he posts. You must be speaking of a different ducks

If you upset him enough or remind him of that time he said he pees on little girls he magically comes out of his retardation.

Dex
07-28-2022, 08:36 AM
everting he said was correct.....wtf is it with san antonio peoples fragile ego because their city is boring

I wasn't just talking about him.

offset formation
07-28-2022, 10:55 AM

It's making the Y