PDA

View Full Version : The band "Live"

SpursforSix
07-29-2022, 04:54 PM
Went down a wormhole looking for "The Band" stuff. Then stumbled on Live. For a minute, they were one of my favorite bands. Until today, I didn't even know they put out material in 2018. It's cumbersome to search for their shit because of the name. Put in "Live" or "Live the band", and you'll end up with a lot of stuff not by Live. I didn't appreciate the full band back in the day until I saw them on MTV Unplugged. Still on of my favorite drum performances. Not sure how technically great it is but it carries this song.

eb-XElYdmNE

FrostKing
07-29-2022, 05:06 PM
Lightning crashes
An old mother cries

SpursforSix
07-29-2022, 05:13 PM
I was going to post a video of another one of my favorite drum songs...Arctic Monkeys - RU Mine. But I found this chick covering it instead.

aQ-_C628zAM

monosylab1k
07-29-2022, 05:18 PM
It’s cool the lead singer could front a rock band and also win at Wimbledon

Spurminator
07-29-2022, 05:23 PM
They've been both overrated and underrated as time has gone on. Probably got way bigger than they should've at their peak but now they're showing up on "worst bands ever" lists which is also kind of silly.

SpursforSix
07-29-2022, 05:36 PM
They've been both overrated and underrated as time has gone on. Probably got way bigger than they should've at their peak but now they're showing up on "worst bands ever" lists which is also kind of silly.

That's fair. Far from worst bands ever. But I never thought they got bigger than then should have. I think the singer was a little pretentious but he fit with what they were doing and I don't fault him for trying to get his messages (no matter how convoluted) out. Most of their songs had a good groove.

Xevious
07-29-2022, 06:39 PM
Throwing Copper was a huge album that launched them into popularity, but then they just vanished off the face of the earth. I still will pull up a couple of their songs every now and then, but they're far from my favorite band in the 90s era.

leemajors
07-29-2022, 07:25 PM
That's fair. Far from worst bands ever. But I never thought they got bigger than then should have. I think the singer was a little pretentious but he fit with what they were doing and I don't fault him for trying to get his messages (no matter how convoluted) out. Most of their songs had a good groove.

You heard the dolphins cry.

SpursforSix
07-29-2022, 10:52 PM
You heard the dolphins cry.

Maybe their best song. But it’s really the same as most of their other good songs. Slow verses then the power chorus.

SpursforSix
07-29-2022, 10:53 PM
Throwing Copper was a huge album that launched them into popularity, but then they just vanished off the face of the earth. I still will pull up a couple of their songs every now and then, but they're far from my favorite band in the 90s era.

Oh yeah for sure. I’m not trying to sanctify them or anything.