PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Attendence so far...

dknights411
11-30-2005, 01:10 PM
According to ESPN.com, we are averaging 18,797 fans per game, which btw is the official capacity of the SBC Center. Have all the games at the SBC been really sold out? Just curious

angel_luv
11-30-2005, 01:52 PM
I didn't see many open seats last night but there were some.

Vashner
11-30-2005, 02:04 PM
Well considering we used to put 30,000+ people in upper deck nights at the Alamo dome. I think this was expected. But it's what they wanted for an "intimate" experiance.

kskonn
11-30-2005, 02:38 PM
I believe all the tickets have been sold, of course not everyone shows up. However I was at the Bulls game and that was sold out, which was surpising. there werre a lot of people looking for tickets out front.

SA210
11-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Great!!

kskonn
11-30-2005, 03:31 PM
I can also say that I have customers all over the country and they make special trips to watch the spurs play. They always say they want the opportunity to see Tim Duncan and the spurs play live. that is a pretty big compliment coming from people who are from chicago, phoenix etc....

ShoogarBear
11-30-2005, 04:11 PM
For official attendance figures, the NBA counts tickets sold, not butts in seats.

FromWayDowntown
11-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Yeah, there have been empty seats almost every night, but the tickets have been sold to someone, since the games are announced as sell-outs.

And you can complain about 18K vs. 30K, but I guarantee that the Spurs bottom line is better in the SBC Center than it was at the Alamodome. The increased revenue from suite sales and the jacked up costs of every ticket are helpful to that, as is the guaranteed ticket sales associated with more season tickets and ticket plans due to perceived or real scarcity. But, as importantly, the Spurs are in a much better leasing position in SBC Center and aren't paying to open up half a building that just sits empty. Scoff all you want, but SBC Center is an economic boon to the Spurs, even if fewer people's fannies are in the seats.

tlongII
11-30-2005, 05:08 PM
For official attendance figures, the NBA counts tickets sold, not butts in seats.

Actually it's tickets "distributed." The tickets can be given away, but they are still counted.

ShoogarBear
11-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Actually it's tickets "distributed." The tickets can be given away, but they are still counted.

*Insert your own Blazer joke here*