PDA

View Full Version : Republicans block $35 cap on price of insulin

Trill Clinton
08-08-2022, 12:21 PM
Republicans block $35 cap on price of insulin from Senate bill

Washington — Senate Republicans on Sunday blocked a $35 monthly cap on the cost of insulin in the private market from being included in Democrats' economic tax and spending package, voting down an amendment to the measure during a marathon session leading up to what Democrats hope will be final passage of the bill.

The Senate on Saturday night began consideration of more than 30 amendments to the Inflation Reduction Act, Democrats' $700 billion legislation that aims to combat climate change, raise taxes on large corporations and address rising health care costs.

Amid the proposed changes to the plan was to set the $35 per month cap on insulin, the pricy medication needed to treat diabetes. Seven Republican senators voted with all 50 Democrats to keep the price ceiling in the legislation: Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Susan Collins of Maine, Josh Hawley of Missouri, Cindy Hyde Smith of Mississippi, John Kennedy of Louisiana, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Dan Sullivan of Alaska.

Still, with a vote of 57 to 43, the provision failed to garner the 60 votes needed to waive special budgetary rules and include it in the bill. The House passed a similar cap on the price of insulin in April.

Democrats are hoping to clear their overall legislative package on Sunday, setting the House up to briefly return to Washington this week to approve it. Its passage would notch President Biden and congressional Democrats a key win before the midterm elections, when they are working to maintain control of Congress.

The legislation is the culmination of months of negotiations over Mr. Biden's domestic policy plan, which at times appeared dead but was revived late last month with the surprise announcement of an agreement between Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Sen. Joe Manchin, a moderate Democrat from West Virginia.

Democrats praise the plan as their answer to addressing inflation and its nearly $400 billion investment in fighting climate change. The package allows Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices, extends enhanced health insurance subsidies that were set to expire at the end of the year and imposes a 15% minimum tax on corporations that make more than $1 billion each year.

To boost clean energy, the measure includes tax credits for buying electric vehicles and manufacturing solar panels and wind turbines. It also provides rebates for consumers who buy energy efficient appliances and provides $4 billion for drought relief.

Blake
08-08-2022, 12:25 PM
BigPill laughing at that proposal

spurraider21
08-08-2022, 12:39 PM
keeping insulin prices high to own the libs

ducks
08-08-2022, 02:13 PM
Libs send 1 billion to another country
USA is hiring more irs to make sure USA legal give them
Money to give to non USA legal citizens

ChumpDumper
08-08-2022, 04:38 PM
Money to give to non USA legal citizensSo you're in favor of high insulin prices because of Democrats.

baseline bum
08-08-2022, 04:46 PM
killing off their base to own the libs

fify

baseline bum
08-08-2022, 04:47 PM
LOL losing when the score is 57-43 in your favor. Fucking senate is a cancer on democracy.

Thread
08-08-2022, 04:58 PM
Money to give to non USA legal citizens

Fuckin' tell it, ducks.

Testify!!!!

ducks

DMC
08-08-2022, 05:08 PM
Republicans block $35 cap on price of insulin from Senate bill

Washington — Senate Republicans on Sunday blocked a $35 monthly cap on the cost of insulin in the private market from being included in Democrats' economic tax and spending package, voting down an amendment to the measure during a marathon session leading up to what Democrats hope will be final passage of the bill.

The Senate on Saturday night began consideration of more than 30 amendments to the Inflation Reduction Act, Democrats' $700 billion legislation that aims to combat climate change, raise taxes on large corporations and address rising health care costs.

Amid the proposed changes to the plan was to set the $35 per month cap on insulin, the pricy medication needed to treat diabetes. Seven Republican senators voted with all 50 Democrats to keep the price ceiling in the legislation: Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Susan Collins of Maine, Josh Hawley of Missouri, Cindy Hyde Smith of Mississippi, John Kennedy of Louisiana, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Dan Sullivan of Alaska.

Still, with a vote of 57 to 43, the provision failed to garner the 60 votes needed to waive special budgetary rules and include it in the bill. The House passed a similar cap on the price of insulin in April.

Democrats are hoping to clear their overall legislative package on Sunday, setting the House up to briefly return to Washington this week to approve it. Its passage would notch President Biden and congressional Democrats a key win before the midterm elections, when they are working to maintain control of Congress.

The legislation is the culmination of months of negotiations over Mr. Biden's domestic policy plan, which at times appeared dead but was revived late last month with the surprise announcement of an agreement between Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Sen. Joe Manchin, a moderate Democrat from West Virginia.

Democrats praise the plan as their answer to addressing inflation and its nearly $400 billion investment in fighting climate change. The package allows Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices, extends enhanced health insurance subsidies that were set to expire at the end of the year and imposes a 15% minimum tax on corporations that make more than $1 billion each year.

To boost clean energy, the measure includes tax credits for buying electric vehicles and manufacturing solar panels and wind turbines. It also provides rebates for consumers who buy energy efficient appliances and provides $4 billion for drought relief.

:tu

DMC
08-08-2022, 05:11 PM
LOL losing when the score is 57-43 in your favor. Fucking senate is a cancer on democracy.

https://c.tenor.com/7z8U2UUUcDsAAAAC/joe-biden-eating-ice-cream.gif

Winehole23
08-08-2022, 05:34 PM
LOL losing when the score is 57-43 in your favor. Fucking senate is a cancer on democracy.Majority rule is underrated for sure. I'd get behind an amendment to shitcan the US Senate if one ever came up.

daboom1
08-08-2022, 05:40 PM

ez gotheem :lol

DMC
08-08-2022, 05:45 PM
Majority rule is underrated for sure. I'd get behind an amendment to shitcan the US Senate if one ever came up.

Or you could just cry about it anytime shit doesn't go your way :lol

"We almost lost our democracy!!" - faggot

"Our democratic system is fucked, I'd vote to shitcan it if I could" -same faggot

SnakeBoy
08-08-2022, 06:03 PM
Majority rule is underrated for sure. I'd get behind an amendment to shitcan the US Senate if one ever came up while Democrats were in power. I'd cry facism like a baby if it came up while Repugs were in power.

fify

Blake
08-08-2022, 06:04 PM
keeping insulin prices high to own the libs

:tu

Right on cue

daboom1
08-08-2022, 06:16 PM
Insulin was cheap when Trump was doing his thing. Biden immediately raised the prices after the coup.

DMC
08-08-2022, 06:17 PM
Right on cue
https://i.4pcdn.org/tv/1503881023046.gif

daboom1
08-08-2022, 06:18 PM
Biden Administration Rescinds Trump Administration Insulin Pricing Rule

https://www.policymed.com/2021/10/biden-administration-rescinds-trump-administration-insulin-pricing-rule.html

Blake
08-08-2022, 06:21 PM
Insulin was cheap when Trump was doing his thing. Biden immediately raised the prices after the coup.

Lol "Biden raised the prices"

daboom1
08-08-2022, 06:25 PM
This message is hidden because Blake is on your ignore list.

lololololol

Blake
08-08-2022, 06:27 PM
The 43:

John Barrasso, WY
Marsha Blackburn, TN
Roy Blunt, MO
John Boozman, AR
Mike Braun, IN
Richard Burr, NC
Shelly Moore Capito, WV
John Cornyn, TX
Tom Cotton, AR
Kevin Cramer, ND
Mike Crapo, ID
Ted Cruz, TX
Steve Daines, MT
Joni Ernst, IA
Deb Fischer, NE
Lindsey Graham, SC
Chuck Grassley, IA
Bill Hagerty, TN
John Hoeven, ND
Jim Inhofe, OK
Ron Johnson, WI
James Lankford, OK
Mike Lee, UT
Cynthia Lummis, WY
Roger Marshall, KS
Mitch McConnell, KY
Jerry Moran, KS
Rand Paul, KY
Rob Portman, OH
Jim Risch, ID
Mitt Romney, UT
Mike Rounds, SD
Marco Rubio, FL
Ben Sasse, NE
Rick Scott, FL
Tim Scott, SC
Richard Shelby, AL
John Thune, SD
Thom Tillis, NC
Patrick Toomey, PA
Tommy Tuberville, AL
Roger Wicker, MS
Todd Young, IN

https://www.newsweek.com/fortythree-republicans-voted-against-capping-insulin-costs-1731670

The usual shmucks.

A little surprised at Romney

BD24
08-08-2022, 06:37 PM
With how many of the board trumpeters need insulin it’s pretty shocking to see them not support this cap tbh

daboom1
08-08-2022, 06:41 PM
With how many of the board trumpeters need insulin it’s pretty shocking to see them not support this cap tbh

Biden Administration Rescinds Trump Administration Insulin Pricing Rule

https://www.policymed.com/2021/10/biden-administration-rescinds-trump-administration-insulin-pricing-rule.html

Joseph Kony
08-08-2022, 06:52 PM

fify

ez gotheem :lol

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/dbtech/thanks/images/likes.png daboom1 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=54188) liked this post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT6D7U9T1rY

daboom1
08-08-2022, 07:10 PM
https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/gif-take-the-l-1.gif

baseline bum
08-08-2022, 07:13 PM
A little surprised at Romney

Why? Romney is one of the worst crooks in the GOP.

DMC
08-08-2022, 09:42 PM
https://c.tenor.com/i4fPhyOJ-h8AAAAM/gay-panic.gif

ChumpDumper
08-08-2022, 09:46 PM
lol fat ST Trumptards

DMC
08-08-2022, 09:47 PM
"Muh insulin! How can I eat a box of Twinkies and drink a case of coke now?????"

Joseph Kony
08-08-2022, 09:48 PM
:lol old boomers cant meme

Blake
08-08-2022, 10:25 PM
Why? Romney is one of the worst crooks in the GOP.

I thought maybe he was turning a corner, really becoming more of a rino

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medicines360-applauds-sens-rosen-and-romney-for-introducing-critical-legislation-to-explore-benefits-of-nonprofit-pharmaceutical-model-301558928.html

Guess not

baseline bum
08-08-2022, 10:27 PM
I thought maybe he was turning a corner, really becoming more of a rino

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medicines360-applauds-sens-rosen-and-romney-for-introducing-critical-legislation-to-explore-benefits-of-nonprofit-pharmaceutical-model-301558928.html

Guess not

The guy made his fortune looting companies, if there is anyone else most like Trump in the GOP it's Romney.

Blake
08-08-2022, 10:37 PM
The guy made his fortune looting companies, if there is anyone else most like Trump in the GOP it's Romney.

Sure but that's different than this. What's his play then for signing off on researching non profit drugs

Blake
08-08-2022, 10:37 PM
"Muh insulin! How can I eat a box of Twinkies and drink a case of coke now?????"

Don't know about you but from the looks of his hand he's definitely a fat boy :lol

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/DMCHand_zps86eecc97.jpg

baseline bum
08-08-2022, 10:38 PM
Sure but that's different than this. What's his play then for signing off on researching non profit drugs

PR for something that had no chance, just like his worthless impeachment votes

Blake
08-08-2022, 10:45 PM
PR for something that had no chance, just like his worthless impeachment votes

Right, I thought it would have been PR here too, not corruption. I'm just mildly surprised is all.

baseline bum
08-08-2022, 10:53 PM
Right, I thought it would have been PR here too, not corruption. I'm just mildly surprised is all.

The amendment came close to passing, Romney couldn't fuck around here.

Chucho
08-09-2022, 02:19 AM

Bruh, there's hella people on this board needing their insulin.

Chucho
08-09-2022, 02:21 AM
Lotsa fat phobia going on in here. Way to keep it classy and sensitive, ST.

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 02:22 AM
This message is hidden because Blake is on your ignore list.

lololololol

Hey that's the same ignore list his ex has. :tu

ElNono
08-09-2022, 02:23 AM

Fabbs will be here shortly posting a photo of a 300lb Victoria Secret model.

Chucho
08-09-2022, 02:32 AM
Fabbs will be here shortly posting a photo of a 300lb Victoria Secret model.

Maybe. Depending how far he is into his jacking session.

daboom1
08-09-2022, 02:33 AM
Hey that's the same ignore list his ex has. :tu

:lol

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 02:38 AM

Lol Sure bud... Tell that to your boyfriend Mono.

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 02:40 AM
gif

That gif is actually pretty funny. My best bud sent me a picture of that dude once and I was like, "wtf that kind of looks like me"

Fuck JK for making me laugh though! :lol

BD24
08-09-2022, 08:47 AM
Lol Sure bud... Tell that to your boyfriend Mono.
Mono supports the lower prices. So even if he needs the insulin he’s in support. Not sure what point your trying to make, I’m not sure you do either tbh

boutons_deux
08-09-2022, 08:56 AM

The Senate, along with the Electoral College, are the spawn of the anti-democratic Constitution which is the fatal, fundamental impediment to true democracy and majority rule.

For decades, SCOTUS has enabled the degradation of America towards Capitalist christo fascism

Citizens elect Gore and Hillary, the Constitution elected shrub and Trash, who placed five extreme right wing judges on SCOTUS

America is fucked and unfuckable

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 04:33 PM
Mono supports the lower prices. So even if he needs the insulin he’s in support. Not sure what point your trying to make, I’m not sure you do either tbh

You're such a bitch bro... Keep that bitch mentality you little shit. Btw nice way to swerve on your boyfriend.

Blake
08-09-2022, 04:37 PM
You're such a bitch bro... Keep that bitch mentality you little shit. Btw nice way to swerve on your boyfriend.

Why are you even in this thread

Blake
08-09-2022, 04:39 PM

What does that even mean? Why are you even in this thread?

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 04:47 PM
BlaKKKe no one fucking gives a fuck about what you have to say. No one cares for bitch dudes like you and it's evident in the fact that your ex was fucking real men on the side. Go cry to someone else you little bitch.

Joseph Kony
08-09-2022, 04:58 PM
:lmao talking about "boyfriends" when youre a 40 year old male hanging out at dudes houses watching cartoons with them. lmao what a queer

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 05:04 PM
JK you have the same bitch blood running through your veins that Mono, BlaKKKe, BD24, and the rest have tbh. You're such a stupid fucking puto pretending you're hard. :lmao

Btw, I don't read your nonsense because like the others listed above you're just as worthless.

DMC
08-09-2022, 05:32 PM
:lol Lefties here playing the "ur fat" game, as if someone on the left here didn't start A) the insulin thread and B) the "too hot" thread. :lol

Blake
08-09-2022, 05:53 PM
:lol Lefties here playing the "ur fat" game, as if someone on the left here didn't start A) the insulin thread and B) the "too hot" thread. :lol

Do you feel picked on because someone started a thread about insulin?

baseline bum
08-09-2022, 05:59 PM

LOL fat hands

CosmicCowboy
08-09-2022, 06:02 PM
Anyone know what else was included in the bill? This is always how its done when bills pass by reconciliation. The process allows anyone to propose amendments and many of them are "gotcha" amendments forcing people to go on record with their vote. Both sides do it and its one of the ugly sides of partisan politics. The amendment could have read " $35 insulin and kill all the puppies" (exaggeration) and anyone that voted against killing puppies will be accused in the next election of voting against $35 insulin.

Ef-man
08-09-2022, 06:03 PM

Someone made you feel sad Chuncko? :lol

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 06:21 PM
LOL fat hands

All you do is play video games fatty so what's your actual caloric intake per day? :lmao

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 06:21 PM
Someone made you feel sad Chuncko? :lol

I feel for you bro. It must suck never ever getting laid and still thinking you're billy badass here on ST you fucking pussy Ef. :lmao

baseline bum
08-09-2022, 06:26 PM
All you do is play video games fatty so what's your actual caloric intake per day? :lmao

LOL druggie with calf tats

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 06:34 PM
LOL druggie with calf tats

Yeah I thought so buddy... Of course you're not going to spill how much your caloric intake is per day you fat fucking old loser who still sits around playing video games for small children.

Call me a druggie as much as you'd like but it ain't factual fatty. You're just mad you're a dumb mother fucker and fat mother fucker too. :lmao

baseline bum
08-09-2022, 06:36 PM
Yeah I thought so buddy... Of course you're not going to spill how much your caloric intake is per day you fat fucking old loser who still sits around playing video games for small children.

Call me a druggie as much as you'd like but it ain't factual fatty. You're just mad you're a dumb mother fucker and fat mother fucker too. :lmao

Go rage some more loser

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 06:44 PM
Go rage some more loser

Come on fatty spill the beans bro... Or don't and keep eating yourself to death you lardass! :tu

baseline bum
08-09-2022, 06:47 PM
Come on fatty spill the beans bro... Or don't and keep eating yourself to death you lardass! :tu

Seriously, why are you always so angry? Does it ever get boring just insulting and wishing death on people with not an original thought ever?

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 06:52 PM
Seriously, why are you always so angry? Does it ever get boring just insulting and wishing death on people with not an original thought ever?

You can pretend I'm as angry as you'd like fatty just like you pretend I'm a druggie but it don't matter to me whatsoever. From the looks of it I touched a nerve with you on something specific to you and many other "men" like you. So again, what's your caloric intake per day lardass?

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 06:53 PM
Btw I didn't wish death on you BB, but you will die eventually if you keep up that "diet" of yours you fat fuck. :lol

baseline bum
08-09-2022, 06:55 PM
You can pretend I'm as angry as you'd like fatty just like you pretend I'm a druggie but it don't matter to me whatsoever. From the looks of it I touched a nerve with you on something specific to you and many other "men" like you. So again, what's your caloric intake per day lardass?

Did your mom beat you or something? Every time you post it makes you sound like a troubled twelve year old.

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 07:02 PM
Did your mom beat you or something? Every time you post it makes you sound like a troubled twelve year old.

Keep trying to swerve you fat fuck. :tu

It's easy bro, how much calories are you taking daily and how much do you "work out"? Such a simple question yet here we are many replies later without a simple answer from you fatty. Why is that?

Your middle school burns ain't shit bro but that rash you're getting by sitting on that couch playing video games all day probably hurts like hell. Clean yourself fatty!

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 07:05 PM
BB how much insulin do you take daily? Forget about calories. :lol

baseline bum
08-09-2022, 07:09 PM
BB how much insulin do you take daily? Forget about calories. :lol

Ah yes, only people who take insulin should think price gouging it is shitty. What a retard you are.

BD24
08-09-2022, 07:16 PM
Funny…I’ve never seen you call out Joey for fat shaming mono. How odd, wonder why that is…

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 07:18 PM
Ah yes, only people who take insulin should think price gouging it is shitty. What a retard you are.

You keep swerving, why is that fatty?

Btw you want me to shut up and stop throwing stones but you do it too yet you don't see me sitting here crying about that like you do. You want your cake and eat it too (pun intended) but it doesn't work that way fatty.

I'll be looking for you tonight on that new episode of "My 600lb Life". I can't wait! :tu

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 07:19 PM
Funny…I’ve never seen you call out Joey for fat shaming mono. How odd, wonder why that is…

Ah you crying too you little puto? Boo hoo... :cry

STFU pussy! I want more fairytales out of you you fairy so start telling them lies bro. Let's hear more about how tough you are. :lmao

BD24
08-09-2022, 07:19 PM
Yes, because the heat only bothers fat people right right. Flawless logic as usual.

koriwhat
08-09-2022, 07:21 PM
Yes, because the heat only bothers fat people right right. Flawless logic as usual.

The heat bothered you enough not to show up to that park yrs ago and then you came here claiming you intimidated me. :lmao

BD24
08-09-2022, 07:22 PM
Ah you crying too you little puto? Boo hoo... :cry

STFU pussy! I want more fairytales out of you you fairy so start telling them lies bro. Let's hear more about how tough you are. :lmao
I’m not crying. I just find it curious chucho waited until people on the left were talking about fat folks before calling it out. I’m sure I can find multiple quotes of you calling mono a fat fuck with relative ease…ye chucho was nowhere to be found…curious

baseline bum
08-09-2022, 07:24 PM
You keep swerving, why is that fatty?

Btw you want me to shut up and stop throwing stones but you do it too yet you don't see me sitting here crying about that like you do. You want your cake and eat it too (pun intended) but it doesn't work that way fatty.

I'll be looking for you tonight on that new episode of "My 600lb Life". I can't wait! :tu

Go wish death on Blake again, I'm bored of the calftats rodeo

DMC
08-09-2022, 08:05 PM

Convenient, partisan specificity, as usual.

DMC
08-09-2022, 08:07 PM
LOL fat hands

LOL fat ass :lol

boutons_deux
08-09-2022, 08:11 PM
Schumer Pledges to Bring $35 Insulin Cap to Another Vote to Bring “Heat” to GOP

https://truthout.org/articles/schumer-pledges-to-bring-35-insulin-cap-to-another-vote-to-bring-heat-to-gop/

boutons_deux
08-09-2022, 08:13 PM
Dems should bring a bill to raise Fed min to $25 by 2027, and let Repugs vote it down

Any company built on, dependent on paying poverty wages has a shitty, unsustainable business.

baseline bum
08-09-2022, 08:15 PM
LOL fat ass :lol

LOL surely there's a healthy body attached to your obese hand

boutons_deux
08-09-2022, 08:28 PM
Why Is There No Generic Insulin?

the reality is there are no true generic insulins available —

defined as chemically identical to brand-name products and with the same efficacy, but sold much at much cheaper prices.

The three main insulin manufacturers — Eli Lilly, Novo Nordisk, and Sanofi — can be blamed for some of this.

But they’re not the only entities who’ve stood in the way of widespread availability of more affordable generic insulin.

That’s too simple.

Complexities of the drug itself,

the use of the U.S. patent system, and

the deeply flawed U.S. healthcare pricing system are all to blame as well.

https://www.healthline.com/diabetesmine/why-is-there-no-generic-insulin#:~:text=But%20the%20reality%20is%20there,b lamed%20for%20some%20of%20this.

Capitalist healthcare has rigged the system to extract wealth from citizens.

===============================

Top 10 Countries Where Insulin is Most Expensive (2018 RAND Corporation):

United States — $98.70
Chile (https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/chile-population) — $21.48
Mexico (https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/mexico-population) — $16.48
Japan (https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/japan-population) — $14.40
Switzerland (https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/switzerland-population) — $12.46
Canada (https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/canada-population) — $12.00
Germany (https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/germany-population) — $11.00
Korea — $10.30
Luxembourg (https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/luxembourg-population) — $10.15
Italy (https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/italy-population) — $10.03

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/cost-of-insulin-by-country

DMC
08-09-2022, 09:07 PM
LOL surely there's a healthy body attached to your obese hand

:lol wish I could say the same for you

baseline bum
08-09-2022, 09:09 PM

LOL fat hands not being obese

ChumpDumper
08-09-2022, 09:10 PM
:lmao DMC is really sensitive about his obesity.

daboom1
08-09-2022, 09:10 PM

oof :lol

baseline bum
08-09-2022, 09:14 PM

Liked your post to trigger tubby

Spurminator
08-09-2022, 09:18 PM
Anyone know what else was included in the bill? This is always how its done when bills pass by reconciliation. The process allows anyone to propose amendments and many of them are "gotcha" amendments forcing people to go on record with their vote. Both sides do it and its one of the ugly sides of partisan politics. The amendment could have read " $35 insulin and kill all the puppies" (exaggeration) and anyone that voted against killing puppies will be accused in the next election of voting against $35 insulin.

The rest of the bill was passed. It was the Inflation Reduction Act. The insulin cost cap was an amendment to that bill.

CosmicCowboy
08-09-2022, 09:22 PM
The rest of the bill was passed. It was the Inflation Reduction Act. The insulin cost cap was an amendment to that bill.

Well duh. I said that exactly. Thats what happens on reconciliation. Every gets to propose "gotcha" amendments. The question was what else was in the amendment. The way they play games there you would have to be a simpleton to think the amendment was $35 INSULIN YES/NO.

DMC
LOL fat hands not being obese

I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game. How much you want to lose to support that assumption?

Th'Pusher

Really? The IRA passing barely made the news yesterday. :lol

ChumpDumper
08-09-2022, 09:26 PM
I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game. How much you want to lose to support that assumption?Remember when you insisted I was confined to a wheelchair?:lol

Th'Pusher
08-09-2022, 09:27 PM
Well duh. I said that exactly. Thats what happens on reconciliation. Every gets to propose "gotcha" amendments. The question was what else was in the amendment. The way they play games there you would have to be a simpleton to think the amendment was $35 INSULIN YES/NO.

The Republicans argued that the provision violated the rules of reconciliation after the Senate parliamentarian ruled that it is not primarily related to the federal budget.

https://www.axios.com/2022/08/07/insulin-price-cap-reconciliation

baseline bum
08-09-2022, 09:30 PM
I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game. How much you want to lose to support that assumption?

What, did you get your diabetic kid to take the pic of his hand?

DMC
08-09-2022, 09:31 PM
What, did you get your diabetic kid to take the pic of his hand?

That's what I thought.

Barber, proceed.

DMC
08-09-2022, 09:39 PM
ChumpDumper
Alleged Michigander

This message is hidden because ChumpDumper is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

oh.. Johnny, I apologize I forgot you were there. You may go.

ChumpDumper
08-09-2022, 09:46 PM
:lol called it!

baseline bum
08-09-2022, 09:46 PM
ChumpDumper
Alleged Michigander

View Post

Did you see when he liked my post?

Spurminator
08-09-2022, 09:48 PM

You asked what else was in the bill.

If only there were some way to look up the exact language for yourself, since you seem baffled by the thought that Republicans might block something for no other reason besides benefitting Big Pharma.

daboom1
08-09-2022, 11:37 PM
ChumpDumper
Alleged Michigander

View Post

:lol

Ef-man
08-10-2022, 12:20 AM

:lmao

Chuncko put you back on ignore for making fun of his obesity! :lmao :lmao :lmao

koriwhat
08-10-2022, 02:07 PM
I’m sure I can find multiple quotes of you calling mono a fat fuck with relative ease.

Oh no you can find quotes. Well here's another one for you you little bitch. Fuck that fat fucking obese loser Mono and fuck you too you little bitch. :tu

Cry more you fucking pussy. :cry

Go wish death on Blake again, I'm bored of the calftats rodeo

Nah bro, how much calories do you take in daily you fat fucking loser?

BD24
08-10-2022, 02:11 PM
Joey telling others to cry more as he continues his screeching and crying :lol

CosmicCowboy
08-10-2022, 02:34 PM
You asked what else was in the bill.

If only there were some way to look up the exact language for yourself, since you seem baffled by the thought that Republicans might block something for no other reason besides benefitting Big Pharma.

Read it again...later in the post I got explicitly specific and said the AMENDMENT. You will argue about anything, won't you?

Chucho
08-10-2022, 06:08 PM

Because I don't read kori posts and I have some mono's alts blocked. I'm not missing anything. You keep up with them?

Chucho
08-10-2022, 06:16 PM
bh
:lmao

Chuncko put you back on ignore for making fun of his obesity! :lmao :lmao :lmao

What's your "begging-for-acknowledgement" post ratio to "OH!!!!! THEY QUOTED ME!!! I'M ACCEPTED!" ratio? Like 125 posts to .5 posts? And that's being generous.

Keep waiting for that pat on the head. It's gonna happen sooner than later. I believe in you.

Blake
08-10-2022, 06:26 PM
Because I don't read kori posts and I have some mono's alts blocked. I'm not missing anything. You keep up with them?

bh

What's your "begging-for-acknowledgement" post ratio to "OH!!!!! THEY QUOTED ME!!! I'M ACCEPTED!" ratio? Like 125 posts to .5 posts? And that's being generous.

Keep waiting for that pat on the head. It's gonna happen sooner than later. I believe in you.

Here again to complain about what posters post about.

Lol chucho.

Ef-man
08-10-2022, 06:27 PM
Chucho must have thought I was posting about him as I struck a sensitive topic (obesity) to make him appear from his cuck shed! :lmao :lmao :lmao

It is chuncko not chucho, you idiot, but if the shoe fits. :lol

Chucho
08-10-2022, 06:31 PM
Chucho must have thought I was posting about him as I struck a sensitive topic (obesity) to make him appear from his cuck shed! :lmao :lmao :lmao

It is chuncko not chucho, you idiot, but if the shoe fits. :lol

Keep spinning your narrative. You saw a slight light of affirmation and tried going all-in. Poor guy, working so hard to get a pat on the head.

Chucho
08-10-2022, 06:32 PM
Looks like Blake is nearing his 200th quote of me without a response. LOL, Blake.

You're going to be a passive-aggressive clown no one respects til this board dies and it's just you and the lifers sharing ST memes on social media.

LOL.

Ef-man
08-10-2022, 06:38 PM
Keep spinning your narrative. You saw a slight light of affirmation and tried going all-in. Poor guy, working so hard to get a pat on the head.

Sure, try to deflect. You say you do not keep up with other posters but here you are, trying to be relevant, keeping up on me.

Did I upset you because I fucked your mom so hard that she stopped cooking your breakfast? My apologies but what can I say, she is a world class skank and you take after her. Cheers! :tu

Blake
08-10-2022, 08:03 PM
Here again to complain about what posters post about.

Lol chucho.

Looks like Blake is nearing his 200th quote of me without a response. LOL, Blake.

You're going to be a passive-aggressive clown no one respects til this board dies and it's just you and the lifers sharing ST memes on social media.

LOL.

Lol chucho

Thread
08-10-2022, 08:04 PM
https://conservativebrief.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/GettyImages-1229927638-1024x576.jpg.webp

koriwhat
08-10-2022, 08:39 PM
Sure, try to deflect. You say you do not keep up with other posters but here you are, trying to be relevant, keeping up on me.

Did I upset you because I fucked your mom so hard that she stopped cooking your breakfast? My apologies but what can I say, she is a world class skank and you take after her. Cheers! :tu

You truly are a little bitch. I hope one day soon someone beats your ass so bad you learn your place in life and on the internet.

Ef-man
08-10-2022, 08:42 PM
You truly are a little bitch. I hope one day soon someone beats your ass so bad you learn your place in life and on the internet.

When your boss put his foot on your neck after he knocked you the fuck down, did you learn your place in life and on the internet?

No?

Thought so. :tu

koriwhat
08-10-2022, 08:46 PM
When your boss put his foot on your neck after he knocked you the fuck down, did you learn your place in life and on the internet?

No?

Were you there? You act like you know more than what I said here so say it bro. You know nothing except being the little bitch that you are and the little bitch that you'll always be Ef. That's reality.

Btw, that dude was 3 times my size and did nothing of substance to me. You on the other hand would've tried to sue him into oblivion whereas I ate the shots and walked away because his bitchass, just like you, ran inside so I couldn't go in without being charged myself with trespassing.

You can joke all you'd like bro but I would beat your face in and I have no doubt about that.

koriwhat
08-10-2022, 08:47 PM
Lol "My boss" knocked me down? Nah the chair I was sitting in broke you dumbass bitch.

CosmicCowboy
08-10-2022, 08:47 PM

LOL.

Blake really is the lowest genetic pond scum of this forum. Its hard to be patient with that level of stupid.

koriwhat
08-10-2022, 08:51 PM
Blake really is the lowest genetic pond scum of this forum. Its hard to be patient with that level of stupid.

Does any man really take a dude like BlaKKKe seriously or even care to hear from someone like him? I know IDC to go back and forth with that cuckold but how about the rest of yall? Pond scum is very fitting tbh.

Chucho
08-11-2022, 12:14 AM

LOL. It's funny seeing a clown who admitted to a bunch of strangers and a few internet fwiends the story of the lowest point of his life. What kind of sad person does that? Did he not have anyone in reality to vent to? A parent? A real life friend?

Parents are probably disappointed they raised a Blake who's best troll tactic is passive "hurr hurr lol ____" like people haven't punted thousands and thousands of yards on that ass.

If not for people like chump, derp, chris, whatever that pedophile's name was- not Fatts, but the other one who was ran off because he got soft-core porn pics from that other dude and his physique...Blake is literally the lowest hanging fruit on the ST totem pole. The beautiful thing is, he knows it. That's why he is more than horny to try and get attention from those who ignore him and even quicker to like the comments of his best fwiend.

It's Fatts...a few punching bags and then Blake.

Chucho
08-11-2022, 12:17 AM

No?

Still batting 0. In reality, betting men would put their money on Kori getting pussy before you. You know it's true. You can't even get people to like your comments. The reply you'll make will get you likes from...Fatts? You try sooooooo, sooooo fucking hard, I almost feel sorry for you. You're such a gooch-sniffing queer and you know it. Someone is going to come along one day and aknowledge you in a non mocking form. No one will care except you, but, God Damn, you deserved to be acknowledged you loser.

Ef-man
08-11-2022, 01:26 AM
Still batting 0. In reality, betting men would put their money on Kori getting pussy before you. You know it's true. You can't even get people to like your comments. The reply you'll make will get you likes from...Fatts? You try sooooooo, sooooo fucking hard, I almost feel sorry for you. You're such a gooch-sniffing queer and you know it. Someone is going to come along one day and aknowledge you in a non mocking form. No one will care except you, but, God Damn, you deserved to be acknowledged you loser.

Dear Chucho,

Am sorry to hear that your panties are again in a bind from reading my posts.

On plus side, Joey will appreciate the kind words, even though you have made fun of him in the past, he forgives you and says, god bless.

I am also sorry to see your projection issues have not gotten any better after all these years but keep working on it.

From our discussion from several months ago, I spoke to dabom. He acknowledges how deeply he hurt you. Rest assured that he holds no grudge or ill feelings towards you as you are just, direct quote here, “an illiterate little bitch.”

Warmest Regards,

Ef-man

Blake
08-11-2022, 09:37 AM
LOL. It's funny seeing a clown who admitted to a bunch of strangers and a few internet fwiends the story of the lowest point of his life. What kind of sad person does that? Did he not have anyone in reality to vent to? A parent? A real life friend?

Parents are probably disappointed they raised a Blake who's best troll tactic is passive "hurr hurr lol ____" like people haven't punted thousands and thousands of yards on that ass.

If not for people like chump, derp, chris, whatever that pedophile's name was- not Fatts, but the other one who was ran off because he got soft-core porn pics from that other dude and his physique...Blake is literally the lowest hanging fruit on the ST totem pole. The beautiful thing is, he knows it. That's why he is more than horny to try and get attention from those who ignore him and even quicker to like the comments of his best fwiend.

It's Fatts...a few punching bags and then Blake.

Lol what kind of person puts this much effort into talking about a poster instead of the topic at hand.

The only other person I know that goes three paragraphs deep like this is leg tat.

Lol chucho

boutons_deux
10-17-2022, 06:52 PM
1.3 million Americans ration insulin because of the high cost

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/10/17/business/study-says-13-million-americans-ration-insulin-because-cost

Ain't Capitalism humanely fantastic?

Winehole23
01-02-2023, 04:55 PM
Government doing good shit for people is "a slippery slope."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlcqIb1aYAAnzPC?format=jpg&name=mediumhttps://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/29/democrats-drug-pricing-medicare-00075246

Adam Lambert
01-02-2023, 05:05 PM
The party of fear is scared of affordable insulin.

Winehole23
01-02-2024, 11:11 AM
enticed by restructured Medicaid rebates, three major manufacturers slash the price of insulin

Sanofi cut the list price of Lantus by 78% to $96 for the prefilled pens and $64 for the 10-milliliter vial starting January 1. It reduced the list price of its short-acting Apidra insulin by 70%.

Novo Nordisk lowered the list prices of several of its insulin vials and prefilled pens, including NovoLog, Novolin and Levemir, by up to 75% as of January 1. The new list price for NovoLog is $72 per vial and $140 for the FlexPen.

And Eli Lilly said it would slash the list prices of Humalog, its most commonly prescribed insulin, and of Humulin by 70% by the end of 2023. Humalog will now carry a list price of $66 per vial.

These moves were carefully timed and will save the companies hundreds of millions of dollars a year, experts said. That’s because the 2021 American Rescue Plan Act made a major change to the rebates that drug manufacturers pay annually to state Medicaid programs – a change that kicked in on January 1.

The rebate is based on how much a drug’s list price has increased compared with inflation and how deeply it is discounted in the commercial market. Until now, that rebate was capped at 100% of the drug’s average manufacturer’s price, which is a proxy for its list price.
But that cap disappeared on January 1, so the rebate could now be larger than the amount the drugmaker earns from Medicaid for the medication. About 15% to 20% of brand drugs have reached the cap, according to IQVIA, an analytics and research company.
By cutting the list prices for Humalog and Humulin, Eli Lilly could avoid having to pay an additional $430 million in Medicaid rebates in 2024, said Spencer Perlman, director of health care research at Veda Partners, a consulting group that provides policy analysis to institutional investors. Plus, Eli Lilly could earn an additional $85 million in profits from Medicaid because of the way the rebate formula is designed.

Novo Nordisk could avoid about $350 million in new rebates and earn nearly $210 million more on NovoLog and Levemir. Sanofi, meanwhile, could avoid $560 million in rebates and earn an additional $200 million in profit on Lantus.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/01/politics/insulin-price-cap/index.html

Thread
01-02-2024, 11:51 AM
enticed by restructured Medicaid rebates, three major manufacturers slash the price of insulin

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/01/politics/insulin-price-cap/index.html

Should be free like it is for the Nazi's in Ukraine, Winestein. Right?