PDA

View Full Version : I’m a pessimistic sports fan, but…

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2022, 12:40 PM
Barring a Josh Allen injury, Buffalo will hoist their first Lombardi this season.

They’re too fucking good. Hopefully they stop fucking around in the regular season and get that HFA, but either way it feels destined

Robz4000
08-16-2022, 12:48 PM
:lol you should know better DD

DeadlyDynasty
08-16-2022, 12:52 PM
Perhaps, if something happens to Allen there will definitely be a chance of murder-suicide in the forecast

Isitjustme?
08-16-2022, 01:05 PM
Well that was dark

SpursforSix
08-16-2022, 01:08 PM
Perhaps, if something happens to Allen there will definitely be a chance of murder-suicide in the forecast

Oh man...I hope the murder part is Bob Cousy.

Millennial_Messiah
08-16-2022, 08:22 PM
Tosh Allen will regress and/or suffer lingering injuries like RG3/Lamar Jackson and go that route tbh.

Allen #17. Is. Just. Not. That. Good. Keep Coping. He's a running QB and he's going to have a short career; at least he got paid, I guess, which is better than Jackson I guess.

Monostradamus
08-19-2022, 01:32 PM
Barring a Josh Allen injury, Buffalo will hoist their first Lombardi this season.

They’re too fucking good. Hopefully they stop fucking around in the regular season and get that HFA, but either way it feels destined
It feels like their year, for sure. The league rigging it for a Brady last hurrah is maybe the biggest obstacle.

SpursforSix
08-19-2022, 03:07 PM
Tosh Allen will regress and/or suffer lingering injuries like RG3/Lamar Jackson and go that route tbh.

Allen #17. Is. Just. Not. That. Good. Keep Coping. He's a running QB and he's going to have a short career; at least he got paid, I guess, which is better than Jackson I guess.

He may be a running QB but he's got the size and arm to keep playing even if he eventually can't run. He's basically a very mobile Ben Roethlisberger. Even if they stop calling running plays for him, he'll always be a good scrambler and tough to bring down.

Murray has a good arm but I'm not sure at 5'10", he can last in the league if eventually he gets limited to passing out of the pocket. Of the three, I'd be most worried about Jackson. Least accurate of the group (I think) and their whole scheme is based on his ability to run.

Monostradamus
08-19-2022, 06:13 PM
All I know is the cumulative score of both Bills/Patriots games this year is going to be something like 112-24.

The Patriots have the worst LB crew I’ve ever seen, Allen is going to put up high school football numbers on that defense and run for like 250 yds a game with 6 TD’s.

MultiTroll
08-19-2022, 10:05 PM
Was looking blue sky for Chiefs.
Drunk driver Shottenheimer then BradyRef and poof.

Millennial_Messiah
08-19-2022, 10:29 PM
He may be a running QB but he's got the size and arm to keep playing even if he eventually can't run. He's basically a very mobile Ben Roethlisberger. Even if they stop calling running plays for him, he'll always be a good scrambler and tough to bring down.

Murray has a good arm but I'm not sure at 5'10", he can last in the league if eventually he gets limited to passing out of the pocket. Of the three, I'd be most worried about Jackson. Least accurate of the group (I think) and their whole scheme is based on his ability to run.

Murray is realistically more like 5'6" or 5'7". Nobody in the history of the league has gotten their balls batted down at the LOS more % of the time than Murray.

I agree on Jackson. Not only least accurate but also timid at throwing from the pocket unless the Ravens are down three scores and the other team is playing prevent deep zone. He's pretty much a one trick pony. He's arguably less talented than RG3 was overall, but he's lasted longer because RG3 got broken down way too early into his career. Never got a high-paying second contract. Jackson is really a dumbass for not signing a contract already with big guarantees, even if it's not Mahomes money. He's really betting on his life this year and he might very well lose if he gets hurt again, misses time, slows down, regresses, Baltimore misses the playoffs again... the Ravens might just go ahead and move on.

Allen is yes, like a very young Big Ben or even 2017 Carson Wentz at this point, but we all remember how quickly Wentz regressed from being a consensus top 5 QB to not even making the top twenty these days. Anything can happen. I'm predicting a regression. He's gotten awfully lucky so far. Something's bound to bite Buffalo in the ass this year.

SpursforSix
08-19-2022, 10:46 PM
Murray is realistically more like 5'6" or 5'7". Nobody in the history of the league has gotten their balls batted down at the LOS more % of the time than Murray.

I agree on Jackson. Not only least accurate but also timid at throwing from the pocket unless the Ravens are down three scores and the other team is playing prevent deep zone. He's pretty much a one trick pony. He's arguably less talented than RG3 was overall, but he's lasted longer because RG3 got broken down way too early into his career. Never got a high-paying second contract. Jackson is really a dumbass for not signing a contract already with big guarantees, even if it's not Mahomes money. He's really betting on his life this year and he might very well lose if he gets hurt again, misses time, slows down, regresses, Baltimore misses the playoffs again... the Ravens might just go ahead and move on.

Allen is yes, like a very young Big Ben or even 2017 Carson Wentz at this point, but we all remember how quickly Wentz regressed from being a consensus top 5 QB to not even making the top twenty these days. Anything can happen. I'm predicting a regression. He's gotten awfully lucky so far. Something's bound to bite Buffalo in the ass this year.

Imo, Jackson is a dumbass for not having an agent. I assume he has a friend or family member helping him with potential contracts. He’s one play away from losing a shitload of money. As great a runner as he is, that doesn’t last forever.

Allen could certainly regress but he’s gotten better as a passer. Jackson still looks iffy. That being said, these guys are still young and everyone progresses at different levels. But Allen looks like a pro QB. I’m not convinced that Jackson has the pure passing skills and mentality to make it. We’ll see about Murray.

Millennial_Messiah
08-20-2022, 02:49 PM
Imo, Jackson is a dumbass for not having an agent. I assume he has a friend or family member helping him with potential contracts. He’s one play away from losing a shitload of money. As great a runner as he is, that doesn’t last forever.

Allen could certainly regress but he’s gotten better as a passer. Jackson still looks iffy. That being said, these guys are still young and everyone progresses at different levels. But Allen looks like a pro QB. I’m not convinced that Jackson has the pure passing skills and mentality to make it. We’ll see about Murray.
Yep, and with the way he plays it's not a matter of if, but when. It's not like the Tom Brady injury as a pocket passer where that kind of a fluke injury will only happen 1 time in 20+ years.

MultiTroll
08-21-2022, 02:20 PM

Making 23 million this year. Which is enough for 20 families to live for 20 years with just average reasonable buying and investing.

Occur to you that Jackson is not all about money? To me it's super refreshing to see a top player put winning ahead of bank. That is to say in actions, not just the usual parroting spouting that players lie about.

Yes to an extent i agree, super risky that an injury could stop him from banking 200+ million. In a league that gives Deshaun Watson 250 guaranted FFS yes one might say Jackson is really blowing it.

However, by waiting on the Watson contract, the way NFL contract culture rolls he will get at least as much as Watson and probably more. Right below, at, or even beyond Mahomes money. We saw what happened to Mahomes when victimized by receiver drops and BradyRef in the Bowl. Welcome to Lamars world.
Also he certainly is having someone super knowledgeable help him with the contract kind of like Lebron did with his Klutch homies.

Since Baltimore fucked around on getting him any top receivers i hope he tells them to blow anything short of another MVP season by himself. I will say the tight end has stepped up by trying to call Bateman a great WR is bullshit. Will gladly consume crow by the plateful if Bateman stuns. And don't jabber to me about Bateman catching loaf of bread deliveries by Super Jackson, i want to see some in-traffic kick ass catches.

MultiTroll
08-21-2022, 02:23 PM
Yep, and with the way he plays it's not a matter of if, but when. It's not like the Tom Brady injury as a pocket passer where that kind of a fluke injury will only happen 1 time in 20+ years.
Brady is the most ref pampered QB of all time.
37-12 Lamar.

Pink yourself phaggot.

Millennial_Messiah
08-21-2022, 04:56 PM
Brady is the most ref pampered QB of all time.
37-12 Lamar.

Pink yourself phaggot.
It was 37-20, faggot, and Baltimore only won that game because little old man Edelman coughed up the ball for a very long fumble-six by Marlon Humphrey, IIRC. The Patriots' offense was totally cookin' the so-called #1 defense that SNF night until that happened. Meanwhile, Baltimore cooked Belichick's defense with Jackson's legs and the RB's, and Jackson will never be that fast and agile again post-injuries.

Remind yourself of how that season ended... 'twas the second playoffs in a row where Baltimore fell in an early hole and Jackson couldn't lead them back because he's an absolute turnover machine when you take away the threat of his legs.

MultiTroll
08-21-2022, 05:31 PM
37-12 is his record, faggot.

On average at best Baltimore teams.
Last season very below average with injuries.

You put Brady without BradyRef on any of the LJ Baltimore teams and he is sub .500 easily.

SpursforSix
08-22-2022, 02:37 PM
Making 23 million this year. Which is enough for 20 families to live for 20 years with just average reasonable buying and investing.

Occur to you that Jackson is not all about money? To me it's super refreshing to see a top player put winning ahead of bank. That is to say in actions, not just the usual parroting spouting that players lie about.

Yes to an extent i agree, super risky that an injury could stop him from banking 200+ million. In a league that gives Deshaun Watson 250 guaranted FFS yes one might say Jackson is really blowing it.

However, by waiting on the Watson contract, the way NFL contract culture rolls he will get at least as much as Watson and probably more. Right below, at, or even beyond Mahomes money. We saw what happened to Mahomes when victimized by receiver drops and BradyRef in the Bowl. Welcome to Lamars world.
Also he certainly is having someone super knowledgeable help him with the contract kind of like Lebron did with his Klutch homies.

Since Baltimore fucked around on getting him any top receivers i hope he tells them to blow anything short of another MVP season by himself. I will say the tight end has stepped up by trying to call Bateman a great WR is bullshit. Will gladly consume crow by the plateful if Bateman stuns. And don't jabber to me about Bateman catching loaf of bread deliveries by Super Jackson, i want to see some in-traffic kick ass catches.

There is no fucking way he gets Watson money. I mean...it's possible but I can't see Baltimore giving him that. Watson was dropping 50 yards dime TDs to the back of the end zone into coverage at this point in his career. And there's little doubt that he is more comfortable being a pocket passer. I do agree that they've fucked Jackson with the talent they've put around him. But unless he has a significantly better year than he's ever had in passing, no one is going to give him that kind of guaranteed money.

SpursforSix
08-22-2022, 02:48 PM
37-12 is his record, faggot.

On average at best Baltimore teams.
Last season very below average with injuries.

You put Brady without BradyRef on any of the LJ Baltimore teams and he is sub .500 easily.

Don't you think if they had Brady, they would have come up with a totally different scheme? Or do you think they'd still be dialing up QB running plays?

MultiTroll
08-22-2022, 06:47 PM
There is no fucking way he gets Watson money. I mean...it's possible but I can't see Baltimore giving him that. Watson was dropping 50 yards dime TDs to the back of the end zone into coverage at this point in his career. And there's little doubt that he is more comfortable being a pocket passer. I do agree that they've fucked Jackson with the talent they've put around him. But unless he has a significantly better year than he's ever had in passing, no one is going to give him that kind of guaranteed money.
I know there are other great NFL minds that know this too.

Watson? I'm still trying to wrap my head around "guaranteed." Does this mean if he gets injured he still gets the 250 mil?
Goes on another massage spree still gets 250?

Reportedly most if not all of the other owners are not down with the Browns giving this guarantee. Hence the move by puppet Godell to enact the rigged "appeal" to the "arbiter" (read, NFL owners "our butt licker"). Knowing that, previously NFL contract culture was whomever has the largest contract sets the bar for next guy up. Just the way it's rolled for the most part.

But with most owners not on board with Watsons Brownies, hmmmn I wonder if he will get 250 mil or not.
Perhaps he will *settle* for 230 mil or somesuch.

Unread the $$ amounts pro athletes get.

Purportedly Jackson has the leverage the longer this drags out. Or does he.

Reluctantly i agree with you and others that say taking 200 mil in the hand >>>>>> risking injury in the bush.

I still applaud him if he holds out and becomes the biggest FA since BradyRef in the last 10 years.

While i hope he has a kick ass year, if he plays well but Baltimore phucks him again, i think another team will pay him max.

Steve Young:

“I can’t wait for someone to train Lamar Jackson in a sophisticated passing game. I think he’d be the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said. “But he keeps getting held back by the Ravens year after year because they keep doubling down on this [rushing] thing Lamar Jackson is great at. No question, he’s the best at that. But that’s not the championship football they need to play. That’s not what Lamar Jackson wants to be.”

Steve Young questions Ravens’ development of QB Lamar Jackson: ‘He keeps getting held back’ (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/steve-young-questions-ravens-e2-80-99-development-of-qb-lamar-jackson-e2-80-98he-keeps-getting-held-back-e2-80-99/ar-AA10Qfso)

FrostKing
08-23-2022, 02:32 AM
2022 is probably as easy as the Bills will have it but it's not a last hurrah. I expect Bills to steamroll thru the regular season.

SpursforSix
08-24-2022, 04:18 PM
I know there are other great NFL minds that know this too.

Watson? I'm still trying to wrap my head around "guaranteed." Does this mean if he gets injured he still gets the 250 mil?
Goes on another massage spree still gets 250?

Reportedly most if not all of the other owners are not down with the Browns giving this guarantee. Hence the move by puppet Godell to enact the rigged "appeal" to the "arbiter" (read, NFL owners "our butt licker"). Knowing that, previously NFL contract culture was whomever has the largest contract sets the bar for next guy up. Just the way it's rolled for the most part.

But with most owners not on board with Watsons Brownies, hmmmn I wonder if he will get 250 mil or not.
Perhaps he will *settle* for 230 mil or somesuch.

Unread the $$ amounts pro athletes get.

Purportedly Jackson has the leverage the longer this drags out. Or does he.

Reluctantly i agree with you and others that say taking 200 mil in the hand >>>>>> risking injury in the bush.

I still applaud him if he holds out and becomes the biggest FA since BradyRef in the last 10 years.

While i hope he has a kick ass year, if he plays well but Baltimore phucks him again, i think another team will pay him max.

If he gets hurt, he still gets all the guaranteed money. There are probably clauses in the contract that would make him forfeit the money if he does something unethical. I think that's pretty standard.
I'll just say right now, Lamar isn't going to get a max contract. Unless he drastically improves in the passing game. No one is going to pay that for a primarily running QB.

FrostKing
08-24-2022, 04:45 PM
Worst thing to happen to Lamar was winning that MVP

MultiTroll
08-24-2022, 05:33 PM
I'll just say right now, Lamar isn't going to get a max contract.
Purportedly already offered more then Kyler Murray. Altho how would these media phucks know unless Ravens management leaked it, yes?

I don't know if that means more then 230 mil total or more then 46 per year.

FrostKing
09-08-2022, 01:13 PM
Expect media backlash if Bills lose today in the opener

Bills are in an awful position to be in. Haven't won anything in decades but have been appointed Champions. Might be difficult for a team that is historically the likeable upstart franchise. For the first time there is pressure...and immense amount

Bengals won the AFC and no one is talking about them. Ideal position to be in.

2021: Bills were 0-6 in games decided by TD or less. Tonight will likely be another close game, let's see if Bills have improved.

SpursforSix
09-08-2022, 01:29 PM
Expect media backlash if Bills lose today in the opener

Bills are in an awful position to be in. Haven't won anything in decades but have been appointed Champions. Might be difficult for a team that is historically the likeable upstart franchise. For the first time there is pressure...and immense amount

Bengals won the AFC and no one is talking about them. Ideal position to be in.

2021: Bills were 0-6 in games decided by TD or less. Tonight will likely be another close game, let's see if Bills have improved.

Losing 4 Super Bowls in a row. That's about as painful as it gets. They're solid but the AFC is loaded. Imo, whoever wins the AFC, gets the ring.

DeadlyDynasty
10-10-2022, 03:06 PM
Losing 4 Super Bowls in a row. That's about as painful as it gets. They're solid but the AFC is loaded. Imo, whoever wins the AFC, gets the ring.
Despite the massive AFC arms raise and crazy parity (every AFC team has at least 2 losses through 5 games), one thing remains a constant: The Chiefs (3-1) and Bills (4-1) are still the class of the conference and on a collision course for AFCCG, health permitting.

Can’t believe their matchup next week isn’t primetime despite the greatest playoff game ever played just 9 months earlier

MultiTroll
10-10-2022, 03:57 PM
The Chiefs (3-1) and Bills (4-1) are still the class of the conference
Bills are classy.
These kind of plays going to be hard to beat for sure.
Josh Allen draws roughing-the-passer penalty on questionable flop during Bills' divisional round game - CBSSports.com (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/josh-allen-draws-roughing-the-passer-penalty-on-questionable-flop-during-bills-divisional-round-game/)

Ravens Fans Fuming After Egregious Roughing The Passer Call Aids Bills (brobible.com) (https://brobible.com/sports/article/ravens-reaction-roughing-the-passer-josh-allen/)

MultiTroll
10-10-2022, 04:02 PM
The NFL is working tirelessly to prevent plays such as this:
https://youtu.be/BT15qzB3sUU
https://youtu.be/BT15qzB3sUU

MultiTroll
10-10-2022, 04:44 PM
Ex NFL ref Gene weighs in.
Baltimore defender goes out of his way to miss head to head contact with Brady 2.

FrostKing
10-10-2022, 05:10 PM
Bills still need Run game. Call me old fashioned.

Allen is on a mission this season. He might carry Billy across. But injury is destined and that's the Billy decline in the next couple years.

FrostKing
10-10-2022, 06:08 PM
https://i.ibb.co/FJb36dj/Screenshot-20221010-160235-Chrome.jpg

DeadlyDynasty
10-11-2022, 03:31 AM
Ex NFL ref Gene weighs in.
Baltimore defender goes out of his way to miss head to head contact with Brady 2.
Why did the Bills even have the ball at that time in the game?

Refresh my memory:lmao

MultiTroll
10-11-2022, 10:58 AM
Why did the Bills even have the ball at that time in the game?

Refresh my memory:lmao
Dk.
My memory is enjoying this game ending. Untainted by bogus ref
Highlight: Lamar Jackson Rips Off Long Clutch Run (baltimoreravens.com) (https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/highlight-lamar-jackson-rips-off-long-clutch-run)

Lamar Jackson, MVP candidate, leads clutch drive as Ravens beat Bengals on final play (yahoo.com) (https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/lamar-jackson-mvp-candidate-leads-clutch-drive-as-ravens-beat-bengals-on-final-play-032024383.html)

DeadlyDynasty
10-11-2022, 11:16 AM
Dk
No worries, let me refresh it for you, his last pass against the Bills was intercepted in the end zone, setting up the Bills final drive.

Happy to educate you

SpursforSix
10-11-2022, 11:16 AM
Despite the massive AFC arms raise and crazy parity (every AFC team has at least 2 losses through 5 games), one thing remains a constant: The Chiefs (3-1) and Bills (4-1) are still the class of the conference and on a collision course for AFCCG, health permitting.

Can’t believe their matchup next week isn’t primetime despite the greatest playoff game ever played just 9 months earlier

Anything can happen but I think the Bills D is good enough to slow down the Chiefs. I don't think the Chiefs D has a chance.

MultiTroll
10-11-2022, 11:32 AM
No worries, let me refresh it for you, his last pass against the Bills was intercepted in the end zone, setting up the Bills final drive.

Happy to educate you
Awesome throw given the rush Jackson was under.
Too bad the WR misplayed the ball but it happens.

Hey educate me on the Roughing the Brady call that Josh Allen received on the final drive.

DeadlyDynasty
10-11-2022, 12:32 PM
Awesome throw given the rush Jackson was under.
Too bad the WR misplayed the ball but it happens.

Hey educate me on the Roughing the Brady call that Josh Allen received on the final drive.
If he would’ve chucked it straight into the ground it would’ve resulted in a better outcome:lmao

He was also 2 seconds late on the read when the guy was actually open. Harbaugh’s fault though for running a zero RB set with a limited passing QB.

MultiTroll
10-11-2022, 03:12 PM
If he would’ve chucked it straight into the ground it would’ve resulted in a better outcome:lmao

He was also 2 seconds late on the read when the guy was actually open. Harbaugh’s fault though for running a zero RB set with a limited passing QB.
This may not penetrate your Josh Allen / Bills fanboi glasses but heres the facts, on video to boot. A great angle too.

Buffalo Bills safety Jordan Poyer sprints into Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson's pass for crucial INT (nfl.com) (https://www.nfl.com/videos/jordan-poyer-sprints-into-lamar-jackson-s-pass-for-crucial-int)

Two seconds before the throw Jackson was being hounded by not one but 2 Bills rushers coming at him from either side and gaining in closeness. Where exactly was Jackson supposed to throw it to at that moment in time?

To the main point, notice when Jackson releases the ball where his reciever is vs where the Bills defender is. Jordan Poyer is running the other way. He stops, pivots and takes about 9 literal steps back towards the ball. Meanwhile Ravens WR stands with his head up his ass in the corner of the endsone not moving fwd at all. As the ball gets much much closer finally Duveonay (sp) sees that Poyer is going to get a possible INT and so moves two (2) steps in to attempt the catch. Wayy to late, by that time Poyer has established rebounding position and gets the rather easy INT. Now to a Bills fanboi that is Wow, great INT. To a person with football IQ above room temperature, that is an utter failure by Duveonay to come back to the ball and at worst break up the INT. Should have been he who was screening off Poyer, not vice versa. Football 101.

9 steps to 2. That what came down. Why don't you tell me specifically what you see from the :17 mark to the :22 mark?

As far as just throwing it down vs giving his team a GREAT chance to win, the latter was by far the best choice. Should Jackson had known by now he has sub par receivers, yes sadly he should. TE is having a good year. Otherwise well, lets stick to this play.

DeadlyDynasty
10-12-2022, 01:01 AM
Lamar said it himself after the game that he was late to read Duvernay who was initially open because his vision was obscured in the pocket.

I think it’s cute that you’re still throating his scrote despite a 2nd half stat line of: 36 yards, 0 pts and 2 INTs. Who’s the fanboi.:lmao

You’re whole shtick is to blame everybody else for you or your favorite player’s failures. Maybe if you accepted responsibility you wouldn’t be where you’re at in life, alone and panhandling for dollar pancakes

pgardn
10-12-2022, 11:02 AM
The Bills are the most entertaining team in the league.

Enough said.
I hope Allen stays sound.

MultiTroll
10-12-2022, 11:42 AM
Lamar said it himself after the game that he was late to read Duvernay who was initially open because his vision was obscured in the pocket.
Now Jackson is supposed to see thru flesh and blood. And helmets and uniforms.

Apply the same to Josh Allen. Or don't, stay hypocritical.

Per you Josh Allen blew the game last years playoffs vs KC? :lol
Ah ah ahhhh he lost in the late 4th.
DD here, 'he lost in the last part of the 4th.'

SpursforSix
10-12-2022, 11:51 AM

The big difference between the two in my mind is that even when Allen loses some mobility, he'll still be great as a pocket passer. He's a better version of Big Rape. He'll be able to scramble when needed but also can stand back there and stay on his feet. Don't get me wrong, I love watching Jackson but if you want to bet whoever has a more productive career, it's Allen by a long shot.

DeadlyDynasty
10-12-2022, 11:56 AM

Josh Allen’s last pass in that playoff game was a go-ahead touchdown, Lamar’s last pass was picked off:lmao

How stupid can you be, to find a performance that is the complete antithesis of Lamar’s second half goose egg? If you could only wipe Jackson’s load from your face you’d find a much better, more recent analogy in the Dolphin game. Allen had 400 yards passing, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, but had a bad 4th down pass to McKenzie. See? Somebody who completely dwarfed LJ’s production was still at fault for the loss.

Now you practice it…

SpursforSix
10-12-2022, 11:57 AM
The big difference between the two in my mind is that even when Allen loses some mobility, he'll still be great as a pocket passer. He's a better version of Big Rape. He'll be able to scramble when needed but also can stand back there and stay on his feet. Don't get me wrong, I love watching Jackson but if you want to bet whoever has a more productive career, it's Allen by a long shot.

And in terms of completion rate, Allen is 67% and Jackson is at 64%. However, in terms of passing attempts over 10 yards, Allen is 2nd at 60. Jackson is 21st at 38.

DeadlyDynasty
10-12-2022, 12:00 PM
I love watching Jackson too, and hope he gets paid the kings ransom he deserves. A QB like him has until 30 before he’s either broken, or completely obsolete. With that said, someone of his unique skillset is worth every penny up until that time while in his prime. He could possibly make an AFCCG at some point, but that’s an absolute ceiling with limited passers

SpursforSix
10-12-2022, 12:10 PM
I love watching Jackson too, and hope he gets paid the kings ransom he deserves. A QB like him has until 30 before he’s either broken, or completely obsolete. With that said, someone of his unique skillset is worth every penny up until that time while in his prime. He could possibly make an AFCCG at some point, but that’s an absolute ceiling with limited passers

It's going to be tough to give him the WR he needs and pay him and everyone else. Not to mention the risk of injury. The offense is designed around his specific skill set. If he gets hurt, it's game over for the Ravens.

MultiTroll
10-12-2022, 12:13 PM
Currently on pathetic Ravens. Josh Allen with much better team this year. The NFL also loves to reward it's owners who successfully scam taxpayers for new stadiums. The bigger the scam the bigger the reward. So look for many more Roughing the Brady calls to go Allens way.

Which team Jackson is on after this year will be a large determining factor on his longevity.
Currently he does it all and is 40-14 lifetime, with a couple more ridiculous wins turned into losses by Harbaugh etc.

SpursforSix
10-12-2022, 12:18 PM
Currently on pathetic Ravens. Josh Allen with much better team this year. The NFL also loves to reward it's owners who successfully scam taxpayers for new stadiums. The bigger the scam the bigger the reward. So look for many more Roughing the Brady calls to go Allens way.

Which team Jackson is on after this year will be a large determining factor on his longevity.
Currently he does it all and is 40-14 lifetime, with a couple more ridiculous wins turned into losses by Harbaugh etc.

IDK what you're on about. What running QB's have won (or even competed) in a Super Bowel?

So

MultiTroll
10-12-2022, 12:22 PM
IDK what you're on about. What running QB's have won (or even competed) in a Super Bowel?

So
Great put him on a team with good WRs and watch the Bowls come in.

The most rushed, hurried, knocked down QB in NFL last season. Only reason not most sacked is he shakes and bakes his way out or throws it away rather then stat pad.

As to running he is obviously turning down ops this season.
Yet he's still 9th with the #1 YPG. :lol:toast

SpursforSix
10-12-2022, 12:29 PM
Great put him on a team with good WRs and watch the Bowls come in.

The most rushed, hurried, knocked down QB in NFL last season. Only reason not most sacked is he shakes and bakes his way out or throws it away rather then stat pad.

As to running he is obviously turning down ops this season.

So all he needs is a good O-line and WRs to win a Super Bowl.

Also, he's averaging about one less rushing attempt per game compared to last year so I don't know about him obviously turning down ops this season.

MultiTroll
10-12-2022, 12:32 PM
So all he needs is a good O-line and WRs to win a Super Bowl.
And a competent defense of course.

Yes.

DeadlyDynasty
10-12-2022, 01:48 PM
And a competent defense of course.

Yes.
So, as long as he has all-pros stacked at every position group he should win a SB? Great analysis, professor

MultiTroll
10-12-2022, 01:55 PM
So, as long as he has all-pros stacked at every position group he should win a SB? Great analysis, professor
Yawn.
Strawman, a boring ST staple.

40-14 lifetime with the rosters and team injuries he's had and 3-2 with the shit he has to work with this year is excellent. Huge day vs the Fish and the Raves find a way to choke it off. That escapes you.

And he's had some missed throws this year. Happy? So has Josh Allen. Oh but those Roughing the Bradys. Lamar hasn't recieved one of those. Ever.

MultiTroll
10-12-2022, 01:59 PM
Also, he's averaging about one less rushing attempt per game compared to last year so I don't know about him obviously turning down ops this season.Eyeball test.

His unanimous MVP year as well as previous (prior to last year) Action Jackson would bust a move whenever a crack appeared.
This year even with a Swiss Cheese OLine he's passed up some large openings.

So ya, i think it's fair to wonder how long he can last given previous running QBs career length.
But Jackson has rocked up, adding 20 lbs and he's not preoccupied with dog fights.

I predict he will lead the scrub Ravens to another 10+ win season. Most other NFL QBs would be 4 wins with this team.

DeadlyDynasty
10-12-2022, 03:16 PM
Yawn.
Strawman, a boring ST staple.

40-14 lifetime with the rosters and team injuries he's had and 3-2 with the shit he has to work with this year is excellent. Huge day vs the Fish and the Raves find a way to choke it off. That escapes you.

And he's had some missed throws this year. Happy? So has Josh Allen. Oh but those Roughing the Bradys. Lamar hasn't recieved one of those. Ever.
And Allen has the lowest % of DPI and DH calls this year despite being at or near the top in pass attempts. Yet you don’t see me crying about it or making an excuse for it, do you?

Lamar Jackson was drafted by a franchise who has always been associated with winning and a top-notch front office. Every year, including this one, they are lauded for their excellent drafts. Since moving to Baltimore, the Ravens have been one of the premier franchises in the league. But I suppose that all went to shit as soon as Jackson started failing in the playoffs, right? :lmao

Tell ya what, care to make a wager that small-hands rookie Kenny Pickett and that dumpster fire of a team he has throws for more yards than Lamar from now till the end of the year? Winner gets a $50 IHOP gift certificate

Donald Sterling.
10-12-2022, 05:00 PM
KC's secondary is absolute dog chit and outside the Chiefs, no one can really challenge Buffalo in the NFC. There's really no excuses.

SB prediction:

Bucs 24 - Bills 21

Brady dick slaps Buffalo one last time and rides off into retirement :lol

FrostKing
10-12-2022, 08:38 PM
KC's secondary is absolute dog chit and outside the Chiefs, no one can really challenge Buffalo in the NFC. There's really no excuses.

SB prediction:

Bucs 24 - Bills 21

Brady dick slaps Buffalo one last time and rides off into retirement :lol
Season just started amigo :lol

Donald Sterling.
10-12-2022, 09:31 PM
Season just started amigo :lol

Sorry buddy, but your game manager is ill equipped to make the necessary throws he'll need to make to get past Tampa.

Mark Celibate
10-12-2022, 09:44 PM
Is it just me or is the NFC set up to be dogshit/unpredictable for awhile? Who do we know for sure will even be good in the NFC three years from now?

The NFC West was atleast a Top 2 division in the NFL for a long time but the Seahawks are in limbo, Cardinals are in free fall, the Rams went all in previous years and are now on the way down, and the 9ers still have no QB.

NFC North - Packers are getting worse and will be a dumpster fire whenever Rodgers is done. Lions/Bears suck and the Vikings are 4-1 just because somebody has to have a good record

NFC South - never know what you're getting from any of these teams week to week outside of TB. Once Brady retires, they'll be a sub .500 team again

NFC East - none of these teams you can really count on either outside of maybe Philly. Washington/NYG have been garbage for years...Dallas will always be up and down. Philly is the only team really that seems to have it all together but the jury is still out on Hurts.

I can't recall a time where the NFC was ever this bad overall

Will Hunting
10-13-2022, 07:43 AM
Is it just me or is the NFC set up to be dogshit/unpredictable for awhile? Who do we know for sure will even be good in the NFC three years from now?

The NFC West was atleast a Top 2 division in the NFL for a long time but the Seahawks are in limbo, Cardinals are in free fall, the Rams went all in previous years and are now on the way down, and the 9ers still have no QB.

NFC North - Packers are getting worse and will be a dumpster fire whenever Rodgers is done. Lions/Bears suck and the Vikings are 4-1 just because somebody has to have a good record

NFC South - never know what you're getting from any of these teams week to week outside of TB. Once Brady retires, they'll be a sub .500 team again

NFC East - none of these teams you can really count on either outside of maybe Philly. Washington/NYG have been garbage for years...Dallas will always be up and down. Philly is the only team really that seems to have it all together but the jury is still out on Hurts.

It's crazy how lopsided the disparity between younger QB talent is in the NFC vs. AFC. In terms of QBs under 30, the AFC has Mahomes, Josh Allen, Burrow and Herbert; the two best ones in the NFC right now are Dak Prescott and Hurts.

Will Hunting
10-13-2022, 08:48 AM
The NFC's failure rate with QB's taken in the 1st round since like 2010 is actually pretty incredible.

St. Louis - Bradford 1st overall (showed promise but never reached pro bowl level or close to it)
Washington - RGIII 2nd overall (busted after his rookie season), Haskins 15th overall (literally dead)
Carolina - Newton 1st overall (had 2-3 good years but fell way short of what you'd expect from a 1st overall pick QB in terms of consistency and longevity)
Minnesota - Ponder 11th overall (bust); Bridgewater 32nd overall (might have eventually figured it out, but injuries)
Tampa - Winston 1st overall (bust)
Los Angeles - Goff 1st overall (the one instance where the pick arguably panned out, and even here they had to upgrade the position because of Goff's limitations)
Philly - Wentz 2nd overall (had promise but eventually busted)
Chicago - Trubisky 2nd overall (bust), Justin Fields 11th overall (TBD - hasn't shown anything special so far)
Arizona - Rosen 10th overall (bust); Murray 1st overall (TBD but is clearly limited by his height in that he'll never be a consistent pocket passer)
Giants - Daniel Jones 6th overall (has shown no indication he's going to evolve into a pro-bowl level QB)
San Fran - Trey Lance 3rd overall (TBD - hasn't been healthy)
Green Bay - Jordan Love 26th overall (TBD)

I count 16 picks where 1 panned out, 4 are TBD but no reasons to be overly optimistic about them from what we've seen, and the rest were either complete busts or had a few good years before busting. That's a lot of high picks used on QBs that were completely wasted, in some drafts where the QBs were taken over QBs like Watson and Mahomes who AFC teams eventually took.

MultiTroll
11-13-2022, 05:34 PM

Happy to educate you
Educate us on todays Bills Vikings ending.

Or don't.

Bill_Brasky
11-16-2022, 11:15 AM
Ehhhhh.....Josh Allen leads the league in interceptions.
He's the same inconsistent player he's always been. It's gotten worse since Daboll is now coaching the Giants.

Those peaks are high i'll give him that. But in no universe should the Bills ever be expected to beat the Chiefs in a playoff game. They haven't earned the benefit of the doubt the way the Chiefs have.

MultiTroll
11-17-2022, 10:48 AM
Tell ya what, care to make a wager that small-hands rookie Kenny Pickett and that dumpster fire of a team he has throws for more yards than Lamar from now till the end of the year? Winner gets a $50 IHOP gift certificate
2 TDs 8 INTs. :lol
"But but but muh yards."

Pittsburg finally started running him more in their most recent game.
Lo and behold, they won.

I'll comp you an IHOP gift certificate.
BTW Lamar is winning your silly bet.

DeadlyDynasty
12-05-2022, 11:43 AM
2 TDs 8 INTs. :lol
"But but but muh yards."

Pittsburg finally started running him more in their most recent game.
Lo and behold, they won.

I'll comp you an IHOP gift certificate.
BTW Lamar is winning your silly bet.
You can’t afford an IHOP gift certificate tbh. No poster advertises their abject poverty like you:lmao

As for the Bills, no team needs the bye in the AFC more than Buffalo. Without HFA they won’t win in Cincy or KC, regardless of how they fared in the regular season. I love Allen more than any player in the last 25 years, but homeboy is too mistake prone and our coaching staff is fucking retarded and incapable of adjustments. Must have the HFA.

Even Brady and Manning, despite their greatness, needed HFA against each other in the playoffs as the home team went a combined 5-0 in their playoff matchups

MultiTroll
12-05-2022, 11:55 AM
The IHOPs for anyone that might need or want it along with some LoLs. That you posuer along with other trolls to turn it into some dig at me. Desperately going back to it again and again. :lol Fail.

How many times were Brady and Manning the #1 seed when they Bowled?

Dance.

DeadlyDynasty
12-05-2022, 12:26 PM
The IHOPs for anyone that might need or want it along with some LoLs. That you posuer along with other trolls to turn it into some dig at me. Desperately going back to it again and again. :lol Fail.

Dance.
How magnanimous of you to alert a message board of strangers of IHOP deals for 20 years, you’re going places:lol

MultiTroll
12-05-2022, 01:55 PM
How magnanimous of you to alert a message board of strangers of IHOP deals for 20 years, you’re going places:lol
Thank you.

Been more like 10.
But what are you when it comes to facts. :lol

Dance.
Fold

MultiTroll
12-05-2022, 02:41 PM
As for the Bills, no team needs the bye in the AFC more than Buffalo. Without HFA they won’t win in Cincy or KC, regardless of how they fared in the regular season. I love Allen more than any player in the last 25 years, but homeboy is too mistake prone and our coaching staff is fucking retarded and incapable of adjustments. Must have the HFA.
Agree.

Also not sure if Allen is playing thru an arm / wrist injury but sure looks possible.
Fatten them up as a #1 seed then watch Joe Cool Burrow take them down.
Reidenheimer, not so sure Mahomes can carry his sad ass to another Bowl.

Action Jackson is not going to be able to carry Baltimore any longer. That Swiss Cheese OLine is going to get any Raven QB murdered. If they astound in the playoffs, great.

DeadlyDynasty
12-05-2022, 02:49 PM
Agree.

Also not sure if Allen is playing thru an arm / wrist injury but sure looks possible.
Fatten them up as a #1 seed then watch Joe Cool Burrow take them down.
Reidenheimer, not so sure Mahomes can carry his sad ass to another Bowl.

Action Jackson is not going to be able to carry Baltimore any longer. That Swiss Cheese OLine is going to get any Raven QB murdered. If they astound in the playoffs, great.
He’s been playing through a UCL sprain in throwing elbow since the 4th quarter of the Jets game. With that said, his errant play started in the 4th quarter of the Packers game in Week 8.

MultiTroll
12-05-2022, 03:06 PM
His late INTs against the Vikings, particularly the one near the endzone....

Looked like injured arm rather then brain fart.

Some media were talking it up like some super slick move by the db.
I ain't buying that at all.

Robz4000
12-07-2022, 02:50 PM
Welp, Von Miller tore his ACL after all. Officially done for the season.

DeadlyDynasty
12-07-2022, 05:17 PM
Zero margin of error the rest of the year for a team that loves to turn the ball over. I think we all know how this will end.

MultiTroll
12-07-2022, 09:25 PM
If Bills can get by the Jets Sunday, should have stacked enough wins to weather the incoming Dolphins and Bengals Ls.

Will the Patriots GAF in the reg season finale?

DeadlyDynasty
12-13-2022, 11:26 AM
Bills continue raiding the old folks home (John Brown and Cole Beasley) to put the 2019-2020 band back together

MultiTroll
12-13-2022, 02:06 PM
Bills continue raiding the old folks home (John Brown and Cole Beasley) to put the 2019-2020 band back together
:lol All these Muh Family schtikks these guys read from the podium when they retire.

Even said he learned from Brady, which appeared to be obvious reference to divorce.

MultiTroll
12-14-2022, 10:36 AM

MultiTroll
12-15-2022, 02:23 PM
Bills can all but clinch at least #2 and drivers seat for #1 by taking out the sputtering Fish on Saturday.

With the OLine and Tua looking shaky, Bills appear to be large favorites.

But Tua sure has some bounce back history.

Bring it on.

Howeva, how have the #1 seeds fared the last 10 years? I still say Buffalo should absolutely go for home court advantage with the ghastly weather. Just sayin, #1 history not on their side.

DeadlyDynasty
12-15-2022, 07:06 PM
They need HFA but sad to say they are a dome team

DeadlyDynasty
01-16-2023, 05:34 PM
Can somebody please explain how the Bills are 4 point favorites? Why were they 1.5pt favorites in the matchup a couple weeks ago that was canceled? Earlier this year they were 3.5pt favorites @KC

All this despite being a mistake-riddled mess since Week 8. It’s hard to argue with The Mob, but what am I missing? I don’t understand the respect Vegas gives them on a weekly basis.

DAF86
01-16-2023, 06:43 PM
Can somebody please explain how the Bills are 4 point favorites? Why were they 1.5pt favorites in the matchup a couple weeks ago that was canceled? Earlier this year they were 3.5pt favorites @KC

All this despite being a mistake-riddled mess since Week 8. It’s hard to argue with The Mob, but what am I missing? I don’t understand the respect Vegas gives them on a weekly basis.

Probably HCA, tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
01-16-2023, 08:10 PM
Yeah but they were favored at Cincinnati 2 weeks ago too. It doesn’t make sense.

They've had 3 losses all year by a combined 8 pts, but they can’t put opponents away anymore due to turnovers, soft defense, and shitty coaching

Will Hunting
10-08-2023, 03:13 PM

:lol Carolina picking Bryce Young and letting Stroud go to the AFC is only going to exemplify this more