PDA

View Full Version : Bally Sports+ Coming 9/26, 19.99/month to watch live games

Leetonidas
08-17-2022, 02:26 PM
https://www.ballysports.com/plus/faqs

About time...honestly the only reason i have cable is so i can watch sports, so if Bally Sports+ is legit and we can stream all of our games for $20 a month then i'm definitely cutting the cord

sadly this appears to only be for local markets, meaning if you're a Spurs fan in Michigan or something i dont think you can watch the games. but if you live in the viewing area then I believe you're good.

LongtimeSpursFan
08-17-2022, 02:29 PM
I hate the Ballys Sports app.

GAustex
08-17-2022, 02:42 PM
Does NBA league pass have a cheaper option

KingKev
08-17-2022, 02:50 PM
They should pay you to watch this era lol

That being said, in Canada I pay about 250 a month between NBA league pass and the cable package which has all sports channels just to watch the Spurs.

Consider yourself lucky.

Leetonidas
08-17-2022, 02:55 PM
Does NBA league pass have a cheaper option

They might though I would guess it's probably more expensive. League pass is also not an option for us in the viewing area since all local games would be blacked out

Leetonidas
08-17-2022, 02:56 PM

That being said, in Canada I pay about 250 a month between NBA league pass and the cable package which has all sports channels just to watch the Spurs.

Consider yourself lucky.

$250 a month to watch this dumpster fire? You are a trooper :lol

KingKev
08-17-2022, 03:05 PM
$250 a month to watch this dumpster fire? You are a trooper :lol

haha first year i’ll cut the sports channels as we are unlikely to have more than 2-3 nationally televised games. Canadian content regulation rules/pricing is pure communist. Being a sports fan here isn’t easy.

SpurSpike
08-17-2022, 03:07 PM
So about $140 for the season October-April? I guess that's not terrible for a legit option, I was paying $100 for the season on hehe streams before it got shut down.

slick'81
08-17-2022, 03:14 PM
Lol $20 a month is total bs

koriwhat
08-17-2022, 03:24 PM
LMAO imagine paying to see a tank and especially in 2022.

koriwhat
08-17-2022, 03:25 PM

Consider yourself lucky.

$250? $0 sounds much better to me. :tu

Leetonidas
08-17-2022, 03:49 PM

Well if you enjoy the baseball, hockey, and football as well then maybe it's worth it? Beats the shit out of paying for cable though

If I can just cancel it at the end of the season and then resubscribe next year I will be satisfied :tu

cool cat
08-17-2022, 03:50 PM
$19.99 a month? At least spit on it, if you are not using any lube.

slick'81
08-17-2022, 04:27 PM
Well if you enjoy the baseball, hockey, and football as well then maybe it's worth it? Beats the shit out of paying for cable though

If I can just cancel it at the end of the season and then resubscribe next year I will be satisfied :tu

It's not too bad. Especially if you're a hard core sports fan. i hate hockey&baseball and have gotten sunday ticket for free the last two years. I hate paying $20 for netflix and i sure as hell wouldn't pay just two watch the spurs.

Dex
08-17-2022, 04:35 PM
To the high seas, mateys

CGD
08-17-2022, 04:57 PM
They better fix the app first. It is ass, and not the good kind.

playblair
08-17-2022, 05:10 PM
fyi if u have spectrum internet you can log in to bally sports app for free to watch games no need to pay for bally +

MultiTroll
08-17-2022, 05:54 PM
haha first year i’ll cut the sports channels as we are unlikely to have more than 2-3 nationally televised games. Canadian content regulation rules/pricing is pure communist. Being a sports fan here isn’t easy.
Can Elon Musk get you a Starlink bypass?

SpurSpike
08-17-2022, 06:33 PM
fyi if u have spectrum internet you can log in to bally sports app for free to watch games no need to pay for bally +

Really? Just internet from them and you can watch the games? Don't you have to have cable TV from them to log in and watch?

BacktoBasics
08-17-2022, 06:47 PM
Countdown to fucking over people in Victoria, Corpus and the Valley all of which claim to be in “market” despite the games not being available.

I hope they get it right.

offset formation
08-17-2022, 06:51 PM
They better fix the app first. It is ass, and not the good kind.

Does it let you record, or pause / rewind, or watch games after they're done?

koriwhat
08-17-2022, 06:52 PM
If you can't find links then just purchase a subscription to some IPTV and get thousands of channels including the bailey bs and much much more sports including the canadian sports channels too, sky sports, alt sports, etc.

I know of one that's great at $40/month and works on most devices. I stick with the free links though because they've always worked and are well free.

offset formation
08-17-2022, 07:01 PM
Countdown to fucking over people in Victoria, Corpus and the Valley all of which claim to be in “market” despite the games not being available.

I hope they get it right.

This. The NBA makes being a fan of a local team a gotdamn struggle. And if they keep it up, they'll push away fans. League Pass is an absolute joke. It's expensive and fails to let you see even 1 of the local games. I like watching NBA basketball but what's the point of paying that much money ($200) to watch other teams' games when you can watch most of the marquee games on TNT and ESPN 3 or 4 times per week anyway with much more entertaining banter??

Silver is a moron that's helped make watching games of your local team even harder so the asshats that own the teams can squeeze every last dollar from the fans that they can. That'll only last until un-checked capitalism shits itself yet again.

playblair
08-17-2022, 07:08 PM
Really? Just internet from them and you can watch the games? Don't you have to have cable TV from them to log in and watch?

just need internet not cable...... looks like they patched it with a recent update......got 2 years of free bally with no cable

rogcl1
08-17-2022, 09:33 PM

Less than 2 dollars a game, doesn't seem that bad.

NASpurs
08-17-2022, 10:53 PM
Less than 2 dollars a game, doesn't seem that bad.

In a tanking year? Seems overpriced.

I'll go as high as 50 cents a game but that's it.

rogcl1
08-17-2022, 11:56 PM
In a tanking year? Seems overpriced.

I'll go as high as 50 cents a game but that's it.

To each their own. Maybe some of the bandwagon fans will jump ship. Some of us have been through this before.

slick'81
08-18-2022, 12:13 AM
To each their own. Maybe some of the bandwagon fans will jump ship. Some of us have been through this before.

we all have. Doesnt mean we want to pay to see it

rogcl1
08-18-2022, 12:16 AM
we all have. Doesnt mean we want to pay to see it

Like I said. To each their own. I imagine I'll give it a try. Can always cancel it.

NASpurs
08-18-2022, 12:21 AM

:lol I was a kid listening to Spurs games on the radio back in 96 during the Dominique season. Big difference in my life and then is that my priorities in life have changed.

I'll gladly spend my money somewhere else but I'll catch some games either way.

Once the rookies get no minutes because the lack of corporate knowledge and the needing to get over themselves, I'll check out completely.

offset formation
08-18-2022, 12:29 AM
:lol I was a kid listening to Spurs games on the radio back in 96 during the Dominique season. Big difference in my life and then is that my priorities in life have changed.

I'll gladly spend my money somewhere else but I'll catch some games either way.

Once the rookies get no minutes because the lack of corporate knowledge and the needing to get over themselves, I'll check out completely.

So game 1?

NASpurs
08-18-2022, 12:41 AM
So game 1?

Seems like my time will be better spent watching the G League :lol

koriwhat
08-18-2022, 01:32 AM

The 90's were rough vs Portland every yr in the PO's but through thick and thin always.

heyheymymy
08-18-2022, 02:00 AM
I'm with Dex

the pirate streams have gotten pretty reliable

RC_Drunkford
08-18-2022, 08:39 AM
Been watching games for free all my life. I have no clue why Y’all pay for this shit

Dex
08-18-2022, 08:46 AM
I'm with Dex

the pirate streams have gotten pretty reliable

I almost prefer them sometimes. Instead of seeing the same stupid AT&T commercial 25 times over the course of a game, you get shots of the crowd, arena entertainment, halftime show, etc...It actually makes you feel more like you are there at the game.

KingKev
08-18-2022, 08:48 AM
Been watching games for free all my life. I have no clue why Y’all pay for this shit

Up until recently I’ve been too busy to deal with streams and enjoy the benefit of putting on the game without any hassle. Also, I bet on most games and enjoy in-play action so I need a live and reliable feed.

The good thing for non locals is there will be virtually no blackouts on NBA league pass as the Spurs will have few if any nationally televised games.

TimDunkem
08-18-2022, 08:50 AM
I'll stick with streams. Already have YTTV for cable, and don't need another service just for a tanking Spurs team. Also, these channels' independent apps are almost always shit.

Never really had issues with https://www.streameast.io/bb/
Sure, it isn't perfect, but between the high price of cable and unreliability of streaming apps, it's just as good (if not better since it's free).

Seventyniner
08-18-2022, 09:53 AM
Up until recently I’ve been too busy to deal with streams and enjoy the benefit of putting on the game without any hassle. Also, I bet on most games and enjoy in-play action so I need a live and reliable feed.

The good thing for non locals is there will be virtually no blackouts on NBA league pass as the Spurs will have few if any nationally televised games.

I'm seeing a grand total of four nationally televised games.

Sat, Oct 22 @PHI (NBATV)
Sun, Oct 30 vs MIN (NBATV)
Sat, Dec 17 vs MIA (NBATV)
Fri, Jan 13 vs GS (ESPN)

The Miami game is the one in Mexico City and the Golden State game is the one in the Alamodome. So we'll get to see the AT&T Center on national TV exactly once this season.

Unless you don't count NBATV as national TV, in which case there's only one national TV game.

KingKev
08-18-2022, 09:59 AM
I'm seeing a grand total of four nationally televised games.

Sat, Oct 22 @PHI (NBATV)
Sun, Oct 30 vs MIN (NBATV)
Sat, Dec 17 vs MIA (NBATV)
Fri, Jan 13 vs GS (ESPN)

The Miami game is the one in Mexico City and the Golden State game is the one in the Alamodome. So we'll get to see the AT&T Center on national TV exactly once this season.

Unless you don't count NBATV as national TV, in which case there's only one national TV game.

I actually don’t count NBA TV as nationally televised, at least here in Canada.

Truthfully I could care less. I’m only interested in seeing the rookies get minutes which would be a saving grace for this season.

The trio of Primo/Vassell/Keldon is just depressing.

exstatic
08-18-2022, 11:37 AM
I actually don’t count NBA TV as nationally televised, at least here in Canada.

Truthfully I could care less. I’m only interested in seeing the rookies get minutes which would be a saving grace for this season.

The trio of Primo/Vassell/Keldon is just depressing.

You know they’ve gotten rid of the “take” foul on fast breaks, right? One shot, by any player on the floor, and the ball. They can’t even foul Jak to make him take the FT on a break. This team’s going to be a lot more fun to watch than people think.

KingKev
08-18-2022, 11:43 AM
You know they’ve gotten rid of the “take” foul on fast breaks, right? One shot, by any player on the floor, and the ball. They can’t even foul Jak to make him take the FT on a break. This team’s going to be a lot more fun to watch than people think.

Lol I’m aware. Not a reason for optimism. The fast break is the only thing that will have this team watchable. The half court offense is going to be hideous. On the defensive end we will be equally as bad.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2022, 12:45 PM
Since it's Sinclair I'm sure it's going to be a painful process to get the content available on all platforms. This option should've happened years ago before cable TV collapsed but better late than never.

FkLA
08-18-2022, 04:38 PM
Seems like they're trying to bend us over with that price but I'll probably still pay for it. Streams are decent quality now but I like to pause games or have to watch them a couple hrs/days later sometimes.

Dex
08-18-2022, 05:02 PM
Seems like they're trying to bend us over with that price but I'll probably still pay for it. Streams are decent quality now but I like to pause games or have to watch them a couple hrs/days later sometimes.

Remains to be seen if those will be options with Bally Sports+, that would definitely be a value add if so

Off topic here, but nothing used to piss me off more than recording a game on my DVR on Spectrum, then the game would run long and the recording would cut off with like 3 minutes left in the 4th. I know you can manually adjust the recording times but I didn't always remember to do that

slick'81
08-18-2022, 05:11 PM
Remains to be seen if those will be options with Bally Sports+, that would definitely be a value add if so

Off topic here, but nothing used to piss me off more than recording a game on my DVR on Spectrum, then the game would run long and the recording would cut off with like 3 minutes left in the 4th. I know you can manually adjust the recording times but I didn't always remember to do that

you always add the 30 min.ext on sports dex .Always:lol

Dex
08-18-2022, 05:31 PM
you always add the 30 min.ext on sports dex .Always:lol

Rookie mistakes, I know :lmao

Amuseddaysleeper
08-18-2022, 05:45 PM
Just pirate the games or get a cracked league pass account. The prices are insane.

ace3g
01-26-2023, 12:07 PM
Bally Sports Regional Sports Networks preparing for bankruptcy (https://wisportsheroics.com/bally-sports-preparing-for-bankruptcy/).
Bally Sports Regional Sports Networks preparing for bankruptcy | Yardbarker (https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/bally_sports_regional_sports_networks_preparing_fo r_bankruptcy/s1_17009_38395190)

NASpurs
01-26-2023, 12:27 PM
Bally Sports Regional Sports Networks preparing for bankruptcy (https://wisportsheroics.com/bally-sports-preparing-for-bankruptcy/).
Bally Sports Regional Sports Networks preparing for bankruptcy | Yardbarker (https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/bally_sports_regional_sports_networks_preparing_fo r_bankruptcy/s1_17009_38395190)

Rofl

Ocotillo
01-26-2023, 01:55 PM
Might as well get the ball rolling, I blame PATFO.

cd98
01-26-2023, 03:15 PM
Thank goodness. Hopefully someone will buy them that doesn't want to keep local sports fans from watching their team.

K...
01-26-2023, 05:02 PM
Took too long to do online streaming . Theres a pessimism about streaming libraries being super profitable and consumer fatigue. Nba went from Curry, Durant vs lebron to tosb lebron, post injury durant,etc. Bought high, now selling low

scott
01-26-2023, 05:05 PM
I'm excited to see what the next NBA TV deal looks like, especially how it translates to blackouts and "local markets". I'm in HI and can't watch any Spurs games vs CA teams because they are available on cable. Leagues need to break away from cable-network based blackout rules in this era of streaming.

koriwhat
01-26-2023, 05:07 PM
LMAO Bally's in general has been as relevant as pet rocks in the last 20+ yrs.

KingKev
01-26-2023, 05:09 PM
I'm excited to see what the next NBA TV deal looks like, especially how it translates to blackouts and "local markets". I'm in HI and can't watch any Spurs games vs CA teams because they are available on cable. Leagues need to break away from cable-network based blackout rules in this era of streaming.

Try being Canadian. We have insane media content blockage. Cost me 200ish a month between buying every sports cable channel and league pass just to watch the Spurs when we were a decent team. Even at that these dumbass Canadian content providers always fucked up the channeling and you wouldn't get the game till half time because all the Canadian networks are too stupid to co-ordinate. I’d kill to live in the US for sports.

scott
01-26-2023, 05:17 PM
Try being Canadian. We have insane media content blockage. Cost me 200ish a month between buying every sports cable channel and league pass just to watch the Spurs when we were a decent team. Even at that these dumbass Canadian content providers always fucked up the channeling and you wouldn't get the game till half time because all the Canadian networks are too stupid to co-ordinate. I’d kill to live in the US for sports.

Move to a first-world nation, tbqh

DPG21920
01-26-2023, 05:27 PM
Good - f Bally Sports. They can piss off…completely stupid that local fans don’t have a way to watch every game for cheaper/free

KingKev
01-26-2023, 05:30 PM

Honestly man it’s tough as a Canadian to come work in the US unless your shop manages the process. As a free agent good luck. I’ve interviewed with a few banks and hedge funds over the years and without sponsorship it is very hard. 10 week interview process with 16 ppl total for a great job in Chicago but at the final round it was just easier to offer an American versus my paperwork. Meanwhile Canada is the friendliest nation to a foreign passport.

ace3g
01-26-2023, 06:11 PM
Good - f Bally Sports. They can piss off…completely stupid that local fans don’t have a way to watch every game for cheaper/free

+1

Leetonidas
01-26-2023, 06:45 PM
Bally sucks but has been fine for me. Im gonna have to get cable again if I wanna watch Wemby next season

The Truth #6
01-26-2023, 07:36 PM
Ugh. $20 was the cheapest deal yet. Curious to see what comes next. Some configuration with no local broadcasters maybe and only the feed from the other team? Matt Bonner commentating from his phone?

K...
01-26-2023, 07:39 PM
sling was $30 with basic cable and sharing of account with 4 others. that was like 4 years ago though. too much greed after that.

anyway the service won't die. bankruptcy will keep it up till its sold off or the contract ends.

cd98
01-26-2023, 07:52 PM
Bally Sports is brilliant. Price yourself off all affordable streaming options so that you are only available through cable. Come up with an App that charges more than Netflix, HBO Prime, and ESPN plus. So people can watch a tanking Spurs team that lost all its stars and traded its lone superstar. Shockingly, they lose money.

Dex
01-26-2023, 07:56 PM
sling was $30 with basic cable and sharing of account with 4 others. that was like 4 years ago though. too much greed after that.

anyway the service won't die. bankruptcy will keep it up till its sold off or the contract ends.

It's seriously gotten out of control.

At this point, all of the cable "alternatives"....ATT Direct, YoutubeTV, FuboTV, etc...are 70-80 a month bucks for a decent package, which is actually on-par with adding cable to your internet.

I prefer streaming over dealing with the antiquated DVR boxes (and some cable providers offer streaming options), but there really is just no "affordable" option any more unless you want to shiver your timbers.

And that's not even getting into all the specialized services like Netflix, Hulu, Disney, AppleTV, Peacock, Paramount, etc which all will add up to a 2nd cable bill.

CGD
01-26-2023, 08:20 PM
How the hell where they expecting to compete with NBA league pass at that cost, wow

Dex
01-26-2023, 08:30 PM
How the hell where they expecting to compete with NBA league pass at that cost, wow

NBA League Pass is a joke too because of blackouts and their app sucks

The MAIN selling point of LP would be "oh man, I want to see every game of my favorite local team"....which it can't even provide due to stupid TV/Cable deals

scott
01-26-2023, 09:01 PM
Honestly man it’s tough as a Canadian to come work in the US unless your shop manages the process. As a free agent good luck. I’ve interviewed with a few banks and hedge funds over the years and without sponsorship it is very hard. 10 week interview process with 16 ppl total for a great job in Chicago but at the final round it was just easier to offer an American versus my paperwork. Meanwhile Canada is the friendliest nation to a foreign passport.

Well in all seriousness, Canada is pretty awesome so at least you've still got that going for you!

baseline bum
01-26-2023, 09:14 PM

Is NBA coverage good in Germany or something?

SpurSpike
01-26-2023, 10:48 PM
The Bally streaming on pc is kinda cool because of the extra stats feature. Other than that though I hate the service mostly because of the sports ASMR they play during commercial breaks.

It's sad that your pay services are worse than a pirated feed. Watching the half time shows is way better than the auditory slow motion crap Bally plays on loop.

JPB
01-26-2023, 11:01 PM
Well in all seriousness, Canada is pretty awesome so at least you've still got that going for you!

True, they have all the good sides of the USA wihout all the bad sides.

Barfunk
01-26-2023, 11:15 PM
No game thread?

Leetonidas
01-26-2023, 11:16 PM
No game thread?

Apparently not :lol I thought about it but I guess what's the point no one's watching anyway

Barfunk
01-26-2023, 11:17 PM
Apparently not :lol I thought about it but I guess what's the point no one's watching anyway

Lol, yeah I'm actually surprised, lol.

CGD
01-26-2023, 11:44 PM
NBA League Pass is a joke too because of blackouts and their app sucks

The MAIN selling point of LP would be "oh man, I want to see every game of my favorite local team"....which it can't even provide due to stupid TV/Cable deals

Make sense. I haven’t lived in SA in years and I don’t care enough about the shit Wizards in my area to know if they’re blacked out or not lol.

ChumpDumper
01-27-2023, 12:53 PM

lol Sinclair thought they could gouge services to carry limited sportsball content

I could see Amazon's buying all the rights Sinclair currently owns if they can work out the regional restrictions.

K...
01-27-2023, 01:23 PM
. It is reported that Sinclairs Diamond sports group has about $585 million cash in hand but owes about $2 billion in fees to teams this year.

. The company called Diamond Sports Group LLC, which runs Sincalirs sports channels, is reportedly $8.6 billion in debt. Sinclair is hoping to strike a deal to help them keep the channels operating thanks to bankruptcy..

https://cordcuttersnews.com/bally-sports-rsns-are-reportedly-preparing-for-bankruptcy/

CGD
01-27-2023, 04:16 PM
Sinclair can go to hell. F off

ace3g
03-14-2023, 07:50 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1389538749323923458/akD3oP5P_normal.jpg (https://twitter.com/KaplanSportsBiz)Daniel Kaplan (https://twitter.com/KaplanSportsBiz)@KaplanSportsBiz (https://twitter.com/KaplanSportsBiz)

Ballys Sports Regional Networks parent Diamond Sports files Chapter 11, as expected

7:07pm · 14 Mar 2023 (https://twitter.com/KaplanSportsBiz/status/1635794923034382337) · Twitter Web App (https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/how-to-tweet#source-labels)

Leetonidas
03-14-2023, 08:57 PM
Wonder what that means for viewing games next season. Bally sucks but I cut cable so it was pretty convenient. Really don't want to go back to cable but might have to if we get Wemby and streaming is no longer an option

ace3g
06-20-2023, 05:05 PM
https://twitter.com/TheTyJager/status/1671191911820820481

ChumpDumper
06-20-2023, 05:38 PM
https://twitter.com/TheTyJager/status/1671191911820820481Meh, it would probably be on KBVO up here that maybe a third of Austin could get with an antenna. I'll take the direct stream though. lol Sinclair.

taps
06-20-2023, 05:59 PM
Meh, it would probably be on KBVO up here that maybe a third of Austin could get with an antenna. I'll take the direct stream though. lol Sinclair.

Does NBA League Pass stream Spurs games in Austin or are they blocked out?

BacktoBasics
06-20-2023, 06:02 PM
Does NBA League Pass stream Spurs games in Austin or are they blocked out?

Blocked. Same in Corpus Christi too. It’s bullshit.

taps
06-20-2023, 10:24 PM
Blocked. Same in Corpus Christi too. It’s bullshit.

Thanks for that. Haha I knew my neighbor was full of bs when he told me that! The app shows them after airing I guess. Bally+ was total nonsense this year - it hated me and I hated it back

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-22-2023, 12:52 PM
The blocking of games is total BS. Especially if you're paying for a subscription.

sammy
06-22-2023, 03:38 PM
If you can't find links then just purchase a subscription to some IPTV and get thousands of channels including the bailey bs and much much more sports including the canadian sports channels too, sky sports, alt sports, etc.

I know of one that's great at $40/month and works on most devices. I stick with the free links though because they've always worked and are well free.

:clap

koriwhat
06-22-2023, 07:34 PM
:clap

$10/month now 52,000 channels including all league passes and PPV. I would say what IPTV service but I want them to stay in business. Search around and you'll find them... Well worth the cost and I have yet to have any issues whatsoever. Good luck bud! :tu

playblair
06-22-2023, 08:07 PM
$10/month now 52,000 channels including all league passes and PPV. I would say what IPTV service but I want them to stay in business. Search around and you'll find them... Well worth the cost and I have yet to have any issues whatsoever. Good luck bud! :tu
dm me the provider nick kerr..........

Arcadian
06-22-2023, 11:29 PM
Why the fuck would anyone have antennae in 2023? Streaming service is exactly what I want.

Silverheart80
08-10-2023, 09:40 AM
I'm getting ready to cut the Spectrum cable cord and have already signed up for Hulu / Disney+ / ESPN with no ads. Just discovered Bally Sports+ is not accessible via Hulu. Great. So if I live in San Antonio, then NBA League Pass isn't an option for Spurs home games. What are my remaining options for streaming Spurs home games if I live here in the city? Any update on the Hulu / Bally impasse?

Or is the only option right now keeping Spectrum cable at $142 / month(!!!!) just to watch Spurs home games?

lefty
08-10-2023, 09:43 AM
I'm getting ready to cut the Spectrum cable cord and have already signed up for Hulu / Disney+ / ESPN with no ads. Just discovered Bally Sports+ is not accessible via Hulu. Great. So if I live in San Antonio, then NBA League Pass isn't an option for Spurs home games. What are my remaining options for streaming Spurs home games if I live here in the city? Any update on the Hulu / Bally impasse?

Or is the only option right now keeping Spectrum cable at $142 / month(!!!!) just to watch Spurs home games?

Watch less games and do something else tbh

BacktoBasics
08-10-2023, 09:57 AM

The Bally app is available on Roku. Along with all the other apps you mentioned. I found Roku to be pretty easy to use.

exstatic
08-10-2023, 10:03 AM

Illegal streams, or watch on your tablet, using the Bally app for $19.99/month, as stated in the thread title.

MultiTroll
08-10-2023, 10:15 AM
Illegal streams, or watch on your tablet, using the Bally app for $19.99/month, as stated in the thread title.
Will the Bally app be guaranteed quality screen?

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-13-2023, 07:52 PM
real fans watch spurs games on .ru streams with opponents' commentators AT BEST and instead of commercials you get the jumbotron audio/video feed

offset formation
08-13-2023, 11:19 PM
The Bally app is available on Roku. Along with all the other apps you mentioned. I found Roku to be pretty easy to use.

Didn't Bally officially enter bankruptcy? MLB season went kaput over there so I had to sign up through MLB.com. to see any games.

Honestly, I don't know if anyone knows for sure at this point where or if we'll even be able to see all home games right now. Hell the inanity of the blackout rules even seems to keep me from watching their Hou, Dal, NO, and OKC games as I recall from a couple years back. That NBA BS is the opposite of what the NBA would be doing if it was actually trying to grow fandom. That thing is a straight up con.

JPB
08-14-2023, 05:21 AM
real fans watch spurs games on .ru streams with opponents' commentators AT BEST and instead of commercials you get the jumbotron audio/video feed

And local kid bands dancing in a desynchronized way.

Big Empty
08-14-2023, 06:57 AM

I have the pick 20 pack with spectrum and high speed internet fit exactly 138 after taxes bally is included

BacktoBasics
08-14-2023, 08:21 AM
Didn't Bally officially enter bankruptcy? MLB season went kaput over there so I had to sign up through MLB.com. to see any games.

Honestly, I don't know if anyone knows for sure at this point where or if we'll even be able to see all home games right now. Hell the inanity of the blackout rules even seems to keep me from watching their Hou, Dal, NO, and OKC games as I recall from a couple years back. That NBA BS is the opposite of what the NBA would be doing if it was actually trying to grow fandom. That thing is a straight up con.
There is a looming bankruptcy but I don't know if that will result in a reorganization or a shut down.

ace3g
09-14-2023, 03:29 PM
https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1702397665760161941

CGD
09-14-2023, 03:38 PM
^ that’s pretty cool actually

ismael-robert
09-14-2023, 04:42 PM
Which antenna is it

ChumpDumper
09-14-2023, 04:58 PM
Which antenna is itLooks like UHF.

That would suck a little up here unfortunately. All the Spurs games would probably show on KBVO which only like half of Austin can receive without an enormous antenna.

ace3g
09-27-2023, 12:23 PM
https://twitter.com/MikeVorkunov/status/1707070121380823383

spurs10
09-27-2023, 12:34 PM
Looks like UHF.

That would suck a little up here unfortunately. All the Spurs games would probably show on KBVO which only like half of Austin can receive without an enormous antenna. Yep...Bally be mo bettah!

NASpurs
09-27-2023, 02:22 PM
https://twitter.com/MikeVorkunov/status/1707070121380823383

Gotta wonder about the production value and if it's just a jumbotron feed with play by play calling from the radio guy.

ChumpDumper
09-27-2023, 05:06 PM
Gotta wonder about the production value and if it's just a jumbotron feed with play by play calling from the radio guy.

Nah, I figure it would be like when Spurs games are on KENS/CW. Barely any difference from Bally.

koriwhat
09-27-2023, 05:10 PM
LMAO 59,000 live channels, all PPV's, all LeaguePass(NBA, MLB, NFL, RUGBY, etc), and VOD for $10/mo. Yall are paying way too much for one little app that streams like shit. :tu

ChumpDumper
09-27-2023, 05:11 PM
^ :lol paying to break the law

TekXX
09-27-2023, 07:13 PM
Holts: *crickets*

exstatic
09-27-2023, 07:17 PM

Jazz+ costs $15.50 per month or $125 for the season. Did you think it was free streaming? Probably not much different from the Bally app.

TekXX
09-27-2023, 07:21 PM
Jazz+ costs $15.50 per month or $125 for the season. Did you think it was free streaming? Probably not much different from the Bally app.

That's great but just in case Bally's disappears in the next year or two it's best to come up with something.

exstatic
09-27-2023, 07:32 PM
That's great but just in case Bally's disappears in the next year or two it's best to come up with something.

If Bally goes belly up, the Spurs will be first in line to acquire the app to stream their games, like Spurs+. They’re not going to let their games not be streamed.

I don’t understand the cynical attitude towards the Holts. We had streaming a year ago, and these other franchises are just now catching up. They are one of the best ownership groups in the league. They keep their noses out of the basketball decisions, and let people do their jobs. We’re a small market, and that will never change, but we’re the best small market franchise in the NBA, and the Holts are in large part responsible for that. Any fan of the Knicks or Mavs would happily exchange their meddling ownership group for the Holts.

playblair
09-27-2023, 07:40 PM
If Bally goes belly up, the Spurs will be first in line to acquire the app to stream their games, like Spurs+. They’re not going to let their games not be streamed.

I don’t understand the cynical attitude towards the Holts. We had streaming a year ago, and these other franchises are just now catching up. They are one of the best ownership groups in the league. They keep their noses out of the basketball decisions, and let people do their jobs. We’re a small market, and that will never change, but we’re the best small market franchise in the NBA, and the Holts are in large part responsible for that. Any fan of the Knicks or Mavs would happily exchange their meddling ownership group for the Holts.

the spurs have never had streaming stop capping.........

exstatic
09-27-2023, 07:43 PM
the spurs have never had streaming stop capping.........

They have streaming in the same way these other franchises do, an app that charges. Jazz+ is the exact same thing. Stop being a tightwad.

CorrectCrusader
09-27-2023, 08:10 PM
LMAO 59,000 live channels, all PPV's, all LeaguePass(NBA, MLB, NFL, RUGBY, etc), and VOD for $10/mo. Yall are paying way too much for one little app that streams like shit. :tu

What's this?

spurs10
09-27-2023, 08:25 PM
Yeah with salaries these guys are paid....I have bad news....it ain't gonna be free...ever.

Das Texan
09-27-2023, 09:05 PM

Spurs cant really do anything like this since Sinclair has those rights until they dont...

And as of RIGHT NOW, they still have them....

So...

False flag to blame this on the Holts.

scott
09-27-2023, 09:22 PM

This is pretty much the same price as League Pass - I wonder if it helps bypass blackout rules. Living in HI, a lot of West Coast Spurs games are blacked out because a secondary cable provider has them as part of some sports package. Really quite frustrating.

offset formation
09-27-2023, 11:14 PM
This is pretty much the same price as League Pass - I wonder if it helps bypass blackout rules. Living in HI, a lot of West Coast Spurs games are blacked out because a secondary cable provider has them as part of some sports package. Really quite frustrating.

League pass is a joke and you need to be a math major to figure out their algorithm on what gets blocked. Pretty much I've just given up on league pass. Unless you go through a VPN upon sign up and yo watch the games but even then it gets tricky.

Really league pass is for international viewers because if they think you're in the US, games you want to watch will inevitably be blacked out.

TekXX
09-28-2023, 12:34 AM
Spurs cant really do anything like this since Sinclair has those rights until they dont...

And as of RIGHT NOW, they still have them....

So...

False flag to blame this on the Holts.

Better tell Phoenix

scott
09-28-2023, 01:11 PM
League pass is a joke and you need to be a math major to figure out their algorithm on what gets blocked. Pretty much I've just given up on league pass. Unless you go through a VPN upon sign up and yo watch the games but even then it gets tricky.

Really league pass is for international viewers because if they think you're in the US, games you want to watch will inevitably be blacked out.

League Pass works well for me other than those west coast games, specifically the CA teams.

But it really is time for Leagues to pay attention to the fact that everyone has cut cable and is migrating to streaming, so it makes sense to loosen/change the blackout rules. It's ass backwards to provide a streaming option, and then punish those streaming customers who don't have access to whatever bumfuck cable channel the game is on.

offset formation
09-28-2023, 04:16 PM
League Pass works well for me other than those west coast games, specifically the CA teams.

But it really is time for Leagues to pay attention to the fact that everyone has cut cable and is migrating to streaming, so it makes sense to loosen/change the blackout rules. It's ass backwards to provide a streaming option, and then punish those streaming customers who don't have access to whatever bumfuck cable channel the game is on.

Where in the world are you? if in SA, are you saying you pick up home games?? Do you use a VPN?

scott
09-28-2023, 06:49 PM
Where in the world are you? if in SA, are you saying you pick up home games?? Do you use a VPN?

I live in Hawaii. Spectrum and Hawaii Telecom are the cable providers, and Hawaii Telecom apparently has some west coast version of NBC Sports that shows Lakers, Clippers, Warriors and Kings games - so those tend to get blacked out for me. I have YouTubeTV and they don't carry whatever this channel is. All other games, League Pass comes through in the clutch.

When I lived in Massachusetts, League Pass was also great. I'd only miss the BOS @ SA game each year because it was blacked out, and I'd always attend the SA @ BOS game.

offset formation
09-28-2023, 07:18 PM
I live in Hawaii. Spectrum and Hawaii Telecom are the cable providers, and Hawaii Telecom apparently has some west coast version of NBC Sports that shows Lakers, Clippers, Warriors and Kings games - so those tend to get blacked out for me. I have YouTubeTV and they don't carry whatever this channel is. All other games, League Pass comes through in the clutch.

When I lived in Massachusetts, League Pass was also great. I'd only miss the BOS @ SA game each year because it was blacked out, and I'd always attend the SA @ BOS game.

There's the difference for us. If you live in the continental US, especially if you live in Texas as a Spurs fan, they blackout pretty much every game on league pass starting with every single home game
. I think the first time I had it, I was only able to see like 7 games. They blacked out OKC, NO, of course Houston and Dallas. It was a joke.

Das Texan
09-28-2023, 09:11 PM
Better tell Phoenix

The Bally's in the Phoenix market went belly up, freeing the rights of the Suns (and Diamondbacks in MLB) to the respective franchises/leagues.

Every franchise has their own agreements with Bally's. Basically they are trying to hold onto their most profitable markets as long as possible.

koriwhat
09-29-2023, 11:51 AM
What's this?

IPTV... Look around online and I'm sure you'll come across the service I use and man does it kick total ass and has for the past year I've used the service. Most channels on liveTV aren't worth a damn seeing as they are foreign but you can create your own list of channels, league pass(es), PPV, VOD, etc so you won't have to list all 59k channels.

BacktoBasics
10-21-2023, 09:35 AM
Season is about to start and I don't want to pay Bally for some but not all the games. I've been thinking of putting a VPN on my laptop and buying league pass. Then just using an HDMI from my laptop to TV so I can watch like a normal person. This seems easier than trying to figure out how to put a VPN on my router.

Who else is doing this? Which VPN do you use? Does it really work? I was mainly worried about paying for League Pass and getting blocked anyway.

RC_Drunkford
10-21-2023, 09:48 AM
y'all act like streameast and sportsurge don't exist

BacktoBasics
10-21-2023, 09:57 AM
y'all act like streameast and sportsurge don't exist

I have used sportsurge in the past. It does okay but sometimes the streams don't live up to the resolution and there are many times where the streams get stuck, break in and out or drop out entirely. Overall yeah I think it does good for free but there were about a dozen games last year that I was fighting the stream more than watching the game. Constantly reclicking to reset the stream etc.

I'm just trying to have a good experience.

RC_Drunkford
10-21-2023, 10:53 AM
that's why you always have to use the streameast stream. They never freeze

BacktoBasics
10-21-2023, 12:08 PM

I’ll look into that if I don’t come up with a good VPN plan.

playblair
10-21-2023, 01:54 PM
I have used sportsurge in the past. It does okay but sometimes the streams don't live up to the resolution and there are many times where the streams get stuck, break in and out or drop out entirely. Overall yeah I think it does good for free but there were about a dozen games last year that I was fighting the stream more than watching the game. Constantly reclicking to reset the stream etc.

I'm just trying to have a good experience.
u wont have to be in this dilemma much longer........bally is close to shutting down which would move all spurs games to local channels & national tv.........

Bally Sport the largest regional sports network or RSN in the country is at very real risk of shutting down as it goes through bankruptcy. Even if it makes it through bankruptcy its vary possible that many teams it has TV rights for now will need to find a new TV network to air their games.Free over the air TV is reportedly about to be the new home for many of these teams. Scripps recently said it has reached deals with several teams to air games free on broadcast TV if Bally Sports drops them

BacktoBasics
10-21-2023, 02:34 PM
u wont have to be in this dilemma much longer........bally is close to shutting down which would move all spurs games to local channels & national tv.........

Even though Corpus Christi is viewed as local we don’t get the games here. So if this happens I still wouldn’t be able to access a local San Antonio network.

My two choices are to take the system on League pass or free stream.

playblair
10-21-2023, 03:20 PM
Even though Corpus Christi is viewed as local we don’t get the games here. So if this happens I still wouldn’t be able to access a local San Antonio network.

My two choices are to take the system on League pass or free stream.

prediction spurs would follow the suns route of offering all non national tv games on a streaming service

"As part of the Phoenix Suns industry-shifting partnership with Arizona’s Family and Kiswe to bring Suns basketball to all fans in Arizona, the team today announced pricing and packaging for Suns Live, the Suns new direct-to-consumer streaming platform. Suns Live, powered by Kiswe, provides fans with live games, game replays and original content," read the release. While NBA League Pass is a great option for basketball fans, Suns fans in Arizona will have all games blacked out on the service due to NBA rules. Suns Live will be a great option for those who are frequently on-the-go and may need to stream games live or go back and watch archived ones.
On top of having access to 70 regular season games, five preseason games, and archives, fans will seemingly also have access to "original content." There hasn't yet been elaboration on what the original content may be, but Suns fans who subscribe should expect some interesting things exclusive to subscribers. The service will cost $14.99 a month or $109.99 for the entire season.

spurraider21
10-21-2023, 03:29 PM
yeah. or nbabite/nflbite for those sports

BacktoBasics
10-21-2023, 04:32 PM
prediction spurs would follow the suns route of offering all non national tv games on a streaming service

I’ve been waiting. As soon as it happens I’m in.

koriwhat
10-21-2023, 04:35 PM
yeah. or nbabite/nflbite for those sports

Too many ads and frustration with those sites... I'd way rather pay my $10/mo.

Obstructed_View
10-21-2023, 04:41 PM
IPVanish
Kodi
The Crew

You're welcome.

koriwhat
10-21-2023, 05:41 PM
IPVanish
Kodi
The Crew

You're welcome.

The Crew plugin has some pretty good streams on it. I prefer IPTV with no lag though. :tu

Obstructed_View
10-21-2023, 07:46 PM
The Crew plugin has some pretty good streams on it. I prefer IPTV with no lag though. :tu
I had Sportztv for a while. That had every channel in the world. Don't remember if it actually had sports.

I have another add-on that gets better streams, but I got 99 percent of Spurs games last year with no lag with the crew. And can't beat the price.

koriwhat
10-22-2023, 01:36 PM
I had Sportztv for a while. That had every channel in the world. Don't remember if it actually had sports.

I have another add-on that gets better streams, but I got 99 percent of Spurs games last year with no lag with the crew. And can't beat the price.

Definitely can't beat the price! :tu

I'll have to checkout that sportztv some time. Thanks for the heads up!

MultiTroll
10-27-2023, 04:29 PM

Update?

MultiTroll
10-27-2023, 04:47 PM
With NBA League Pass can one record?
FF, pause, rewind?

MultiTroll
10-27-2023, 04:49 PM
Yes, this is me with computer tech.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/63fc8696d191e51a4fb93154e8acc360/tenor.gif?itemid=13568516

playblair
10-27-2023, 06:01 PM
Update?
bally requested an extension on september 27 that was granted........the next deadline is unknown......rumors are bally is going to release teams that dont draw & only keep the teams who do well in ratings........spurs will be kept by bally because they are always near the top in local ratings.........

koriwhat
10-27-2023, 06:09 PM
With NBA League Pass can one record?
FF, pause, rewind?

Screen record off a laptop/PC. Old school, VHS from tv. :lol

MultiTroll
10-27-2023, 06:20 PM
bally requested an extension on september 27 that was granted........the next deadline is unknown......rumors are bally is going to release teams that dont draw & only keep the teams who do well in ratings........spurs will be kept by bally because they are always near the top in local ratings.........
Gracias.
Meh i got a great deal on NBA League Pass so just went for it.
Rep assured me i can record FF pause Rewind etc all with my cable zapper.
Will know for a fact after tonights Wemby vs Houston game.

Hope Grandpa Power Trip doesn't cost Wemby another W.

koriwhat
10-27-2023, 06:27 PM
Gracias.
Meh i got a great deal on NBA League Pass so just went for it.
Rep assured me i can record FF pause Rewind etc all with my cable zapper.
Will know for a fact after tonights Wemby vs Houston game.

Hope Grandpa Power Trip doesn't cost Wemby another W.

LOL $200+ for LP is "a great deal"

ChumpDumper
10-27-2023, 07:35 PM
:lol Joey's poor

MultiTroll
10-29-2023, 09:41 PM
Asshat Clippers claim San Diego as part of their market so i find out my recording on League Pass......is not there.

Turns out another local station has it.

Whatever, i just missed the Clippers 77 Spurs 47 reaming thus far.

Gonna head upstairs to see what came down.

playblair
11-07-2023, 10:26 PM
Update?
breaking news bally sports announced today that this will be the final season for all nba teams on bally.......the nba rights are returning to the teams after the season........bally will allow all nba teams to broadcast 10 bally sports game this season on local channels.......

Another interesting part of Diamond’s NBA deal allows the 15 affected NBA teams to shop up to 10 games to an over-the-air broadcaster in each market this season.

Diamond Sports Group reached a one-season deal with the NBA that essentially guarantees that the Bally Sports RSNs will continue to carry NBA games through the end of this season. Diamond and the NBA unveiled some of the deal’s details in a bankruptcy court filing this afternoon. The court still needs to okay the deal before it can move forward.The NBA likes this deal because it gives the league more flexibility as Diamond tries to navigate its way through bankruptcy. Regardless of the current length of some of the NBA teams’ Bally Sports deals, all are set to end after this season.
The NHL is believed to be weeks away from cutting a similar deal, according to the court filings. Diamond sources said they also were happy with the deal, which they painted as a necessary step as the company tries to emerge from bankruptcy.

After this season, the deal has the NBA reclaiming the rights to the 15 teams that have deals with Bally Sports. The teams could work out new deals with the Diamond-owned RSNs at that point.

Silverheart80
11-20-2023, 09:57 PM
Tried tuning in to catch the Spurs / Clippers game on KENS 5 here in SA. I've got Hulu Live running through a Roku unit and it shows the Clippers / Spurs game in the menu. Click it and the screen says "video isn't available due to streaming rights restrictions." Huh? Says I need to subscribe to Paramount+ to get the game. Crazy. Anyone else run across this?

Any recommendations for TV antennas for an old Westinghouse VR-2218 set?

ace3g
01-17-2024, 09:04 AM
Amazon will invest in Diamond Sports as part of bankruptcy restructuring agreement.
Amazon will invest in Diamond Sports as part of bankruptcy restructuring agreement | AP News (https://apnews.com/article/bally-sports-amazon-e44313c4491798f1f825a8c4e174f096)

SpurSpike
01-17-2024, 09:14 AM
Tried tuning in to catch the Spurs / Clippers game on KENS 5 here in SA. I've got Hulu Live running through a Roku unit and it shows the Clippers / Spurs game in the menu. Click it and the screen says "video isn't available due to streaming rights restrictions." Huh? Says I need to subscribe to Paramount+ to get the game. Crazy. Anyone else run across this?

Any recommendations for TV antennas for an old Westinghouse VR-2218 set?

I know this is an older post but this happens to me as well. You can still watch it online, kens 5 streams the games in there local market just do a search for kens 5 spurs stream and you should find it.

manufan10
01-17-2024, 09:29 AM
Anyone else super annoyed with the ball bouncing video during commercial breaks? My goodness.

cd98
01-17-2024, 09:45 AM
It's ridiculous that at that price you can't record a game and watch it later and fast forward and rewind are a pain in the ass. One of the worst streaming services. The things I do to watch the Spurs...

exstatic
01-17-2024, 09:48 AM
It's ridiculous that at that price you can't record a game and watch it later and fast forward and rewind are a pain in the ass. One of the worst streaming services. The things I do to watch the Spurs...

I don’t see Bally surviving for very long. They’ve shuttered a number of their local affiliates, so you won’t have to worry about their inadequacies for very much longer.

Manu20
01-17-2024, 11:06 AM
Anyone else super annoyed with the ball bouncing video during commercial breaks? My goodness.

I thought I was the only one :lol They are missing on some $$$ by not playing actual ads.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2024, 11:08 AM

lol yeah what gives? I have a new Roku Ultra and Bally fast forwards or rewinds several minutes with the slightest touch of a button. Other apps can be quirky with their controls but this is downright unusable. Anyone have a more normal experience with a different streaming platform? I figured Sinclair was going to suck but watching it fail at the most basic level is becoming epic.

spurraider21
01-17-2024, 01:05 PM
fuck yeah

exstatic
01-17-2024, 01:12 PM
fuck yeah

I wonder what the premium will be on that broadcast? Amazon rarely gives away good stuff for free.

NASpurs
01-17-2024, 01:15 PM
fuck yeah

That's awesome news.

wildbill2u
01-17-2024, 01:15 PM
SportsSurge.com is a answer for all NBA games

scott
01-17-2024, 01:33 PM
fuck yeah

Wonder if this will just be for the local market or if Amazon will roll out some kind of NBA Package via all of the various Bally networks they've acquired (which would potentially compete with LeaguePass). It would be in the NBA's interest to get out of the streaming business and just sign a big licensing deal with someone like Amazon. The NFL gets $2 billion per year from Google for NFL Sunday Ticket - the NBA might really like the structure of something like that, where they no longer have to foot the bill for any infrastructure or Opex related to the service.

spurraider21
01-17-2024, 01:35 PM
does amazon have a track record of having local market items? figure it would be available to anybody with a prime subscription as an add-on or something.

scott
01-17-2024, 01:42 PM
Not to my knowledge, but it would be pretty easy for them to turn on some Geo restrictions. I think it would all come down to whatever broadcast rules the NBA already has in place. Back in the day, if you had DirecTV and subscribed to the Sports package, you could get a lot of out-of-market games that were on the various FoxSports affiliates, so maybe this would be considered the same way.

cd98
01-17-2024, 02:15 PM
It's an absolute guarantee that it will cost more than a Prime membership. The broadcast world has made tons of money dating back to ESPN's creation on the fact that people will pay more for their sports entertainment. Cable prices were high mostly from the sports packages, which required you getting 30 channels you didn't care about so you could get ESPN and Foxsports. I don't know if they'll charge $20 a month, but at least their streaming service will be better. My guess is that it doesn't take affect until next season.

scott
01-17-2024, 02:18 PM
Agreed with that and it wouldn't surprise me if Amazon uses this to catapult into becoming the licensed provider of LeaguePass. My understand is that they were in the mix (along with Apple) for the Sunday Ticket rights which (as I mentioned) eventually went to Google (YouTubeTV) for a cool $2B/year.

SpurSpike
01-17-2024, 05:49 PM
I was glad that Bally made a streaming service but its probably the worst streaming service I have ever used and happy to see something different on the horizon. That ASMR shit they played during commercials was torture!

ChumpDumper
01-17-2024, 06:22 PM
does amazon have a track record of having local market items? figure it would be available to anybody with a prime subscription as an add-on or something.I can't think of any local market carriage. Amazon already carries LeaguePass subscriptions go geofencing should already be set -- might end up being a semi-good thing knowing definitively whether one is in or out of market.

widowmaker
01-17-2024, 06:33 PM
SportsSurge.com is a answer for all NBA games

Not .com its .net

manufan10
01-17-2024, 07:23 PM

They're actually playing ads right now during pregame.

TekXX
01-17-2024, 07:42 PM
I'm curious what happens to Texas high school football coverage when Bally folds? Another stream you have to pay for?

heyheymymy
01-17-2024, 09:59 PM
Hesitant to the news because of a personal experience with Amazon buying a company I worked for.

Awful experience, they came in and destroyed it. Hope the purchase of Bally goes better but I'm on Sportsurge already anyway and figure nothing changes for them

exstatic
01-18-2024, 03:29 PM
Hesitant to the news because of a personal experience with Amazon buying a company I worked for.

Awful experience, they came in and destroyed it. Hope the purchase of Bally goes better but I'm on Sportsurge already anyway and figure nothing changes for them

Bally was already dying. Amazon is just picking the carcass.

Spurminator
01-18-2024, 03:55 PM
I can't think of another company I'd like to see destroyed by a corporate behemoth more than Bally's.

Trainwreck2100
01-18-2024, 09:45 PM
I can't think of another company I'd like to see destroyed by a corporate behemoth more than Bally's.

Sinclair needs to just go away

MannyIsGod
01-19-2024, 12:46 AM
Wonder if this will just be for the local market or if Amazon will roll out some kind of NBA Package via all of the various Bally networks they've acquired (which would potentially compete with LeaguePass). It would be in the NBA's interest to get out of the streaming business and just sign a big licensing deal with someone like Amazon. The NFL gets $2 billion per year from Google for NFL Sunday Ticket - the NBA might really like the structure of something like that, where they no longer have to foot the bill for any infrastructure or Opex related to the service.

NBA media rights are going to be up for sale this off season I believe. All of the major streaming platforms are vying for NBA packages so it's not impossible Amazon ends up carrying some of the games like they do currently with Thursday night football but I would be shocked if the NBA doesn't keep Leauge Pass for themselves. Unlike the NFL, the NBA has directly been the outlet for League Pass for as long as I can remember (along with cable providers) and the NBA app on devices is fairly good.

Chinook
01-19-2024, 01:10 AM
Has anyone ever looked into the Suns games that are supposedly streaming for free now? I assume it's geolocked or something. But it doesn't seem like the overhead of broadcasting the games is all that high, so it's possible the team might get away with doing something similar to what Phoenix is doing. The games don't have to be free, but just stream it on Facebook or on the Web site or something. I wouldn't mind at all if it were a package I could purchase from Amazon but my guess is that the NBA probably doesn't want to combine local/in-market and local/out-of-market packages and that Amazon might not find the juice worth the squeeze if they have to geolock their offerings. The Yankees have a big market, so the money is there for them to stream those games. Teams small enough to have to deal with BallySports are a different matter.

spurraider21
02-06-2024, 04:55 PM

TekXX
02-06-2024, 06:16 PM

Does that have anything to do with Bally's demise?

ace3g
03-02-2024, 05:19 PM
Found this today:

Q: Does the Amazon announcement with Diamond Sports mean all my teams will now be available on Amazon’s Prime Video Channels?
Once this agreement is approved and goes into effect, Bally Sports+ will be available for purchase through Amazon’s Prime Video Channel platform for an incremental cost. If you currently watch through a pay TV provider, nothing will change.
As a reminder, Bally Sports+ currently offers fans direct streaming access to their local NBA and NHL teams, as well as the Detroit Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Miami Marlins, Milwaukee Brewers and Tampa Bay Rays.

Q: When will my team(s) be on Amazon?
Details regarding pricing and availability will be announced at a later date. Our customers can continue to enjoy their local teams through their TV provider on Bally Sports and the Bally Sports app. As more information becomes available, we will be sure to keep our viewers informed. Thank you!

Q: How can I watch my team today?
In the near term, you can continue accessing your local teams with the Bally Sports app and through your TV provider.

Q: When will Bally Sports teams be available to watch on Amazon?
A: Additional details regarding pricing and availability on Amazon Prime Video Channels will be announced at a later date.

Q: Are all local games on Bally Sports moving to Amazon or can I still watch with my TV provider?
A: Our existing cable, satellite and virtual streaming distribution partners will continue to deliver all Bally Sports programming to their customers.

Q: I already have Amazon Prime. Can I get a refund if I’m a Bally Sports+ subscriber?
A: Bally Sports teams are not currently available on Amazon’s Prime Video Channels. For this reason, requests for a refund are not available at this time. All current broadcasts will continue to be available on Bally Sports and to stream on the Bally Sports app.
In the future, Bally Sports+ will be available through Prime Video Channels for an incremental cost (similar to other major streamers like Paramout+, Max, etc.). It is important to note, Bally Sports+ will not automatically be available through an existing Prime Video subscription.

Q: Will I be able to connect my pay TV provider to Amazon in order to stream my games, or do I need a Prime membership?
A: Pay TV customers will still be able to stream their local teams via the Bally Sports app and their respective Pay TV app.

Q: Does having a Bally Sports+ subscription allow me to stream on Amazon Prime?
A: Additional details regarding availability will be announced at a later date.

Q: Does the Amazon announcement mean the Bally Sports app is going away?
A: The Bally Sports app continues to be the destination to stream your favorite local teams.

Bally Sports Help Center - Answer Detail (https://help.ballysports.com/Answer/Detail/000001509)

ace3g
04-26-2024, 02:57 PM
https://twitter.com/AndrewMarchand/status/1783944123218878479

BacktoBasics
04-26-2024, 03:09 PM
This better include all 82 games. I understand its a previous agreement that had Bally missing about 20 games but fuck, if you're gonna take my money give me all the games.

Joseph Kony
04-26-2024, 03:20 PM
i see what ace posted back in March, but I really hope the games are viewable on Amazon and i dont need the ballys app. Ballys is the worst fucking streaming app i've ever used. complete dogshit

ChumpDumper
04-27-2024, 03:51 AM
This better include all 82 games. I understand its a previous agreement that had Bally missing about 20 games but fuck, if you're gonna take my money give me all the games.Doubtful. National network games won't be on it and I doubt the KENS games will be on it either.

i see what ace posted back in March, but I really hope the games are viewable on Amazon and i dont need the ballys app. Ballys is the worst fucking streaming app i've ever used. complete dogshit
It was terrible on the Roku but better on a Google TV app. Another problem was the varied availability times of replays. I couldn't get a replay for many hours after a game ended on either Roku or Google TV -- had to hook my laptop to the TV to view the replay from the website. A stupid and completely avoidable problem.

BacktoBasics
04-27-2024, 08:46 AM
Doubtful. National network games won't be on it and I doubt the KENS games will be on it either.

It was terrible on the Roku but better on a Google TV app. Another problem was the varied availability times of replays. I couldn't get a replay for many hours after a game ended on either Roku or Google TV -- had to hook my laptop to the TV to view the replay from the website. A stupid and completely avoidable problem.

National network games are not an issue for me. Its the Kens games. Corpus is considered Spurs market but I don't get the Kens games.

Dex
04-27-2024, 08:49 AM
Yeah, I'll probably just continue to stream things for free and put up with the bullshit that comes with it, thanks

Ice009
04-27-2024, 09:56 AM
Not sure where to ask this question (I do have NBA League Pass and have had it for years) - I've been trying to go back and watch games from about a month ago as I just couldn't watch the games live or within a day or two like I normally would when I miss them live, so I sort of fell behind and couldn't catch up due to Easter being busy. Anyway, I am pretty sure it's an issue with NBA League Pass as I contacted them about it a couple of seasons ago when I was trying to watch archived games then too, I get constant buffering and the games are unwatchable because of it (no idea why as live games are fine and games for within the last couple of days - I haven't tried watching archived games that are older than a few days for quite a while until last week). The issue is on their end IMO, but they tell me it's not. Anyway, I don't have the time, or care to do their waste of time trouble shooting (I have a more than fast enough internet connection and none of my other paid for streaming services have this buffering issue. None of them.) like last time for no result. I also had my ISP look into it last time when I contacted them about it (a local forum in my country also has other people that have posted about these same buffering issues), but as I expected, my ISP said couldn't find any issues on their end, however, I am going to try a different ISP out in a week or two for a trial run, so that way I can eliminate it as an issue with my ISP.

Anyway, I recall someone posting up a link earlier in this season to a website that has links to games you can watch from earlier/throughout the season (I clicked on it and had a look, but not sure if it had games for the whole regular season as I didn't use it. I tried looking for the link, but don't remember the name of the website), so I was wondering anyone would be able to PM me some links. As mentioned, I do actually have league pass so I'm not looking for free access, but the darn thing doesn't allow me to watch the archived Spurs games without buffering. I haven't tried watching other team's archived games, but don't really care if they work as I only want to watch the Spurs games. It's just that the archived Spurs games always buffer and I can't watch them like that. I've tried most quality levels and it even happens even on 540p (not interested in going/trying any lower as I've paying for HD, not 540p or below).

wildbill2u
04-27-2024, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I'll probably just continue to stream things for free and put up with the bullshit that comes with it, thanks

Probably shouldn't post this name "Sports Surge" but once seen, you can't forget.

TekXX
04-27-2024, 11:28 PM
National network games are not an issue for me. Its the Kens games. Corpus is considered Spurs market but I don't get the Kens games.

Isn't Corpus it's own media market?

BacktoBasics
04-28-2024, 11:52 AM
Isn't Corpus it's own media market?

It’s is but it’s considered Spurs territory. It’s ridiculous. I would be fine paying for league pass but the games are blacked out here. So it would be a waste of money.