PDA

View Full Version : Go Aces ( Becky ) Go !!!

Racspur1
08-20-2022, 10:21 PM
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/wnba-playoffs-aces-blitz-shorthanded-mercury-with-record-3-point-barrage-advance-to-round-2-030211891.html

MultiTroll
08-21-2022, 12:29 AM
Record setting 3 pointers. :clap:toast

Gee i wonder why Grandpa didn't let her participate.

Dex
08-21-2022, 10:00 AM
Becky is doing a hell of a job so far...first seed, #1 offensive rating in the regular season, swept the 1st round, setting records. Glad to see her succeeding

R. DeMurre
08-21-2022, 11:22 AM
The Las Vegas Aces have a higher team 3pt% than the Spurs did last year...

KingKev
08-21-2022, 11:40 AM
The Las Vegas Aces have a higher team 3pt% than the Spurs did last year...

Probably taller, longer and more athletic also.

MultiTroll
08-21-2022, 02:34 PM
How good was Timmy Dunker and how good might Coach Becky be?

After Duncan retired and Duncan Lite 2017 Kwa got Zaza'd:
2018: Spurs are 29th in the league attempts with just 24.7 per game.

Continuing into the Demar Derozan / Forbes / Pop n Patty Era:
Moreover, DeRozan has yet to hit a three-pointer in the calendar year of 2019 over a span of 56 games.

BacktoBasics
08-21-2022, 03:45 PM
Probably taller, longer and more athletic also.

Correct but they’re behind in mouth size, number of teeth and penis girth.

koriwhat
08-21-2022, 03:59 PM
LMFAO You "dudes" watch that shitty product called the WNBA? :lmao

Dex
08-21-2022, 05:00 PM

LMAO you "dudes" who have a calf tat and don't appreciate the fact that a woman would kick your ass at basketball?

MultiTroll
08-21-2022, 05:44 PM
If i promote you vs a Division I chick in a $1,000 winner-take-all game of one on one will you accept the challenge or fold?

LMAO you "dudes" who have a calf tat and don't appreciate the fact that a woman would kick your ass at basketball?

koriwhat
08-21-2022, 11:15 PM

If i promote you vs a Division I chick in a $1,000 winner-take-all game of one on one will you accept the challenge or fold?

Look at the crybaby "male feminists" around here on ST. :lmao

The product of the WNBA is absolute shit and yall know it regardless of whether or not they can kick my ass in bball. You fucks are lame as shit you fucking loser ass incels. :lol

koriwhat
08-21-2022, 11:16 PM
Lmao Look at all the likes from the other loser incels too. :lmao

LongtimeSpursFan
08-22-2022, 01:16 AM
I've caught several Aces games this season. I have been surprised by the product of basketball these women, and the WNBA, are playing. Plum and Gray are excellent at distributing the ball. Gray made a bounce back pass yesterday with so much spin it changed directions after it hit the floor that led to as easy layup. The pull up three has become commonplace now and even their release on spot up threes is much quicker. Stokes has been made her presence known and some last minute shot blocks to preserve a win. Its been a joy to watch them and really hoping they can pull off a championship.

ducks
08-22-2022, 10:27 AM
Current Becky >>>>>>>>>>> Pop

Dex
08-22-2022, 07:48 PM
Look at the crybaby "male feminists" around here on ST. :lmao

The product of the WNBA is absolute shit and yall know it regardless of whether or not they can kick my ass in bball. You fucks are lame as shit you fucking loser ass incels. :lol

You should use more bad words.

That really proves your argument :rolleyes

Biggems
08-22-2022, 09:43 PM
I haven't watched the WNBA since Becky retired. Still, I will be rooting for the Aces because of Becky. Maybe if they win the title, it will catapult her into a team USA head coaching position. Then, she can have a Summer league title, WNBA title, and Olympic Gold Medal as a coach. This could be enough to get a HC position in the NBA.

GAustex
08-22-2022, 10:14 PM
LeKang and Durant being coached by Becky-think of it

exstatic
08-23-2022, 09:58 AM
I haven't watched the WNBA since Becky retired. Still, I will be rooting for the Aces because of Becky. Maybe if they win the title, it will catapult her into a team USA head coaching position. Then, she can have a Summer league title, WNBA title, and Olympic Gold Medal as a coach. This could be enough to get a HC position in the NBA.

I’m not sure what her relationship with USA Basketball is like after playing for the Russian NT.

Drom John
08-23-2022, 11:50 AM
Becky is doing a hell of a job so far...first seed, #1 offensive rating in the regular season, swept the 1st round, setting records. Glad to see her succeeding

Becky is doing a good job so far, but Hammond inherited a very good team, and the loss of Cambage was probably a good thing.
Some of the new records in the WNBA are due to an increased number of games.
The Aces have been the #1 seed each of the last three years, and the two previous Bill Laimbeer years had higher winning percentages. Playoffs were disappointing.

Raise the stakes!

MultiTroll
08-23-2022, 02:25 PM

The product of the WNBA is absolute shit and yall know it regardless of whether or not they can kick my ass in bball.
You fold.

koriwhat
08-23-2022, 07:29 PM
You should use more bad words.

Will do. :tu

You fold.

Again, you white knights ain't ever getting laid by those "ladies" and that product of bball is fucking horrible! Why lie? When parking costs more than row 5 at the WNBA finals you know that product is complete and utter shit you two incels.

MultiTroll
08-23-2022, 08:04 PM
Joey do those tall women make you feel insecure?

Joseph Kony
08-23-2022, 09:17 PM
the board incel calling other people incels while making incel remarks :lmao the lack of self awareness is astounding

lefty
08-24-2022, 09:16 AM
Becky doing well, WNBA good now

Biggems
08-24-2022, 09:28 PM
I’m not sure what her relationship with USA Basketball is like after playing for the Russian NT. shit I forgot about that, thanks for the reminder....well nevermind about the olympics.

John B
08-26-2022, 11:52 AM
Congratulations to Coach Becky for winning the WNBA Coach of the Year award.

Dex
08-26-2022, 12:48 PM

Can't wait to see the next discriminatory posts from koriwhat about women who are smarter, more athletic, and generally more successful than him.

Racspur1
08-26-2022, 07:54 PM
Congratulations to Coach Becky for winning the WNBA Coach of the Year award.

The hits just keep on coming !!!

:bobo

koriwhat
08-26-2022, 08:31 PM
Can't wait to see the next discriminatory posts from koriwhat about women who are smarter, more athletic, and generally more successful than him.

Damn you're so butthurt over the truth about that failed product white knight. :lol:tu

Larry O
08-26-2022, 09:04 PM
WOW! Becky is COTY! I'm surprised cause it was widely speculated that Tanisha Wright, once Aces assistant coach, and now Atlanta Dream head coach, would be a shoo-in for COTY. She really turned that team around with a defensive minded style system along with adding rookie, Rhyne Howard, who won ROTY, and almost had them making it to the playoffs for the first time in years. But Becky, well, she really deserves it as well, and more! They are playing a MUCH better offensive system than what Laimbeer had in his tenure and, under Becky, the Aces had opposing teams running out the gym with blowout wins! I believe that Becky can take the Aces to the WNBA Championship title again, and win it, FINALLY! And it's just her first year, too! But what concerns me is their inconsistent defense and their offensive rebounding that could be their Achilles heel. Sounds like another familiar team (cough the Spurs).

Racspur1
08-26-2022, 09:28 PM
WOW! Becky is COTY! I'm surprised cause it was widely speculated that Tanisha Wright, once Aces assistant coach, and now Atlanta Dream head coach, would be a shoo-in for COTY. She really turned that team around with a defensive minded style system along with adding rookie, Rhyne Howard, who won ROTY, and almost had them making it to the playoffs for the first time in years. But Becky, well, she really deserves it as well, and more! They are playing a MUCH better offensive system than what Laimbeer had in his tenure and, under Becky, the Aces had opposing teams running out the gym with blowout wins! I believe that Becky can take the Aces to the WNBA Championship title again, and win it, FINALLY! And it's just her first year, too! But what concerns me is their inconsistent defense and their offensive rebounding that could be their Achilles heel. Sounds like another familiar team (cough the Spurs).

No worries ... She learned how to learn from the best !!! Built not bought . I.E Phil jackson !!! M.J. made him a star !!! Tex Was the best coach on either team phil coached !!! phil was smoke and mirrors created by the the media and markets he coached !!! MJ made him a faux coach !!!:hat

Dex
08-26-2022, 09:46 PM
Damn you're so butthurt over the truth about that failed product white knight. :lol:tu

There it is....I like the addition of "butthurt" and "white knight" to your vocabulary.

I swear, trolling people on this board is too easy sometimes...

John B
08-27-2022, 12:53 PM

While I have nothing but congratulations to Coach Becky for winning the COTY award. You are right Coach Wright could be much deserving. And one could argue that the WNBA also need Becky, a high profile coach from Pop tree, to bring more exposure to the female coaches, getting higher salary, etc. I think there is narrative there that the WNBA is riding with Becky popularity as 1st female to have coached NBA, her popularity, to make her the COTY.

koriwhat
08-27-2022, 02:11 PM
There it is....I like the addition of "butthurt" and "white knight" to your vocabulary.

I swear, trolling people on this board is too easy sometimes...

Bro you're upset because the WNBA is a flop and it's ok. Do you bro! Watch more of that shitty product; you're not hurting my feelings by doing so. :tu

And yes, you're a white knight or limp wristed. What dude actually gives af about the WNBA?

D-Robinson 50 fan
08-27-2022, 02:22 PM
Proud of Becky and the Aces. Hopefully they win it all.

on a side note. They got a few cute chicks on that roster. Lmao. Jackie Young, DeErica Hamburg (with that fat ass), Kelsey Plum, and A’Ja Wilson are all cute.

Larry O
08-27-2022, 10:31 PM
Proud of Becky and the Aces. Hopefully they win it all.

on a side note. They got a few cute chicks on that roster. Lmao. Jackie Young, DeErica Hamburg (with that fat ass), Kelsey Plum, and A’Ja Wilson are all cute.

LMAO about Dearica Hamburg (Hamby). Must be a butt joke, but any who, the Aces are stacked, especially with that starting lineup! The bench mob, on the other hand, since Hamby and Plum moved to the starting lineup when Becky became HC, is just okay now. Their bench, which was the best in the W for the past two seasons, lost their 2X six woman of the year in Hamby to the starting lineup, along with Plum. Becky has to do her best to manage the starting lineup's minutes. But as John B said, Becky, being a high profile person, is definitely a big boost for the W and the Aces. Now I wonder who will DJ root for. I've seen him at Seattle Storm games as well as Aces games. Of course his connection with the Aces is with coach Becky, but he's also fellow U of W alum with Kelsey Plum, too. The Aces and the Storm face off in Vegas on Sunday at 3:00 pm on ESPN. Gonna be a good series!

ismael-robert
08-28-2022, 09:26 PM
Aces took that L

MultiTroll
08-28-2022, 09:36 PM
Very shitty transition D after made fast break baskets by Aces. Seattle cherry picked them several time to kill momentum.

Also very unclutch D in the final 1:30.
That one dude #41 totally going for the fake jump shot corner trey and running out of bounds, leaving the other Aces 4 on 5.

Looks like Seattle went after #22 when they needed a clutch basket.

Bummer, Aces actually took the lead by 3 a couple times.

Larry O
08-29-2022, 02:49 AM
Seattle came to play! They came out and punched the Aces square in the mouth and played great D, especially against A'ja. She only had like 8 points, and she's a double figure scorer who averages at least 20 a game. There was too much iso ball and little ball movement, with failed opportunities to even try to score in the paint. The Aces also had some mental lapses that were crucial, especially in the final seconds when they turned the ball over with a bad pass. They probably could have scored and increased their lead. I know that Plum is kicking herself for missing that wide open 3 to tie the game up and send it to overtime. She takes these things seriously and personally, so she will play better next time. Stewart is a handful, ala KD, while Lloyd had the Mamba mentally as she took control to close out the game. It's a best out of 5, so Becky has some adjusting to do for Wednesday night's game. Also, I saw RC sitting on the sideline near Becky, and he appeared to have a tablet or something in his hands as if he were taking notes. Hmmm... could he be scouting Becky out as a HC candidate? NAH! :)

Brazil
08-29-2022, 09:04 AM
Becky doing well, WNBA good now

WNBA is shit but this does not prevent us from recognizing that Becky is doing a good job. On a general rule, if you are on the same side of an argument with calf tats Joey reconsider tbh

MultiTroll
08-29-2022, 10:45 AM
Seattle came to play! They came out and punched the Aces square in the mouth and played great D, especially against A'ja. She only had like 8 points, and she's a double figure scorer who averages at least 20 a game. There was too much iso ball and little ball movement, with failed opportunities to even try to score in the paint. The Aces also had some mental lapses that were crucial, especially in the final seconds when they turned the ball over with a bad pass. They probably could have scored and increased their lead. I know that Plum is kicking herself for missing that wide open 3 to tie the game up and send it to overtime. She takes these things seriously and personally, so she will play better next time. Stewart is a handful, ala KD, while Lloyd had the Mamba mentally as she took control to close out the game. It's a best out of 5, so Becky has some adjusting to do for Wednesday night's game. Also, I saw RC sitting on the sideline near Becky, and he appeared to have a tablet or something in his hands as if he were taking notes. Hmmm... could he be scouting Becky out as a HC candidate? NAH! :)
The hell was with that offensive strategy?
Kelsey Plum with the Kobme Bryant 8-23 / 2-10 with only 2 assists stat line? Looks like the most chucks she has taken the entire season.

Stewart looks like she's studied Timmy Duncan on some of those feet shuffle turnaround jumpers. That's just good shooting. I did think she got away with the blatant travel while receiving the breakaway pass at about 55-51.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-29-2022, 11:40 PM
:pop: yeah we sent becky to vegas to get her paycheck and scout out the area for the best wine bars when we move the spurs in 2025 :pop:

lefty
08-30-2022, 09:53 AM
WNBA is shit but this does not prevent us from recognizing that Becky is doing a good job. On a general rule, if you are on the same side of an argument with calf tats Joey reconsider tbh

"Get over yourselves" :pop:

itzsoweezee
09-04-2022, 05:46 PM
Becky coming through in the clutch with some impressive plays drawn up down the stretch of regulation

lefty20
09-04-2022, 10:17 PM
Flipped to US Open when Aces were down by 4 with 11 seconds... smh.

MultiTroll
09-04-2022, 11:41 PM
Flipped to US Open when Aces were down by 4 with 11 seconds... smh.
Pathetic defense and strategy by both teams end of regulation final 20 seconds and especially last 2 seconds (a possession each) :lol
Greg Popped coaching tree on display.

Becky still featuring the offense of Kobme Plum 4-17 (0-7) before hitting her first two in OT.

MultiTroll
09-04-2022, 11:46 PM
Becky coming through in the clutch with some impressive plays drawn up down the stretch of regulation
The defense to give up the lead with 2 seconds left? :lmao
Jr High level screen and the Ace defender lets herself get rubbed out and apparently double teams the center, thinking that might be better then leaving Sue Bird WIDE open. Idiotic defense.

The final basket where the much taller Seattle defender LOWERS her arms to give an easier shot?

This ending cluster would make much more sense if you told me the chicks were in on a group bet and split up the Over / Under afterwords.

D-Robinson 50 fan
09-05-2022, 06:18 AM
Nice win yesterday. Both WNBA games were good and close down the stretch

ace3g
09-06-2022, 11:15 PM
Becky and the Aces are 20.5 sec away from the Finals.

MultiTroll
09-06-2022, 11:23 PM
Only 2 WNBA games ive watched this season.

Final minute these girls can't pull off the most basic strategy.

Pure comedy the endings. :rollin

Entertaining tho.

Grats to the Aces and Becky. W.

MultiTroll
09-06-2022, 11:29 PM
Seattle inbounds with 5 seconds left down 5. So they've only got a snowballs chance, but hey hork a 3 pointer and see what happens, right?

They inbound and pass it to Sue Bird who is wide open for the trey. She dribbles and does not shoot, passes instead to Breana Stewart who was totally not expecting it, duh. Buzzzzz game over.

Did Bird have $$$ on the spread or Under? I mean WTF?

John B
09-07-2022, 12:07 AM
Congratulations Coach Becky and Aces for advancing to the Finals!

Larry O
09-07-2022, 12:30 AM
This semifinal series against the Aces and the Storm, was one for the WNBA ages! It was definitely entertaining series with some clutch shots by both teams when it counted. Brianna Stewart for the Storm was fenomenal, and so was Jewell Lloyd. I know that A'ja is in the running for the league MVP, but Chelsea Gray is the Aces' MVP! She hit some clutch shots and carried this team on her back in this series. So long to Seattle Sue, she will be missed! Congrats to the Aces and coach Becky! If they continue to play physical with tough defense as they did in this series, along with ball movement, I think that they can win it all! I also think that the Sky will win Thursday night and face the Aces on Sunday for the Chip.

heyheymymy
09-07-2022, 09:46 AM
Chelsea Gray WNBA playoff first with 30/10ast

MultiTroll
09-12-2022, 02:32 PM
67-64 Aces Game 1. :clap

In spite of Kobme Plum going 1-9. Someone who follows the aces is going to have to explain to me how plum gets to keep firing bricks. Although she did hit a key 3-pointer for her only made shot later in the 4th.

K...
09-12-2022, 03:22 PM
67-64 Aces Game 1. :clap

In spite of Kobme Plum going 1-9. Someone who follows the aces is going to have to explain to me how plum gets to keep firing bricks. Although she did hit a key 3-pointer for her only made shot later in the 4th.

"thought Plum's defense down the stretch really sparked us -- she played hard," Hammon said. "Her shot wasn't falling and she found other ways to impact the game. At the end" from ESPN writer.

Leetonidas
09-12-2022, 04:42 PM
:wow taking her team to the finals in her first season

:lol PATFO

MultiTroll
09-12-2022, 05:44 PM

:lol Brings up a what if scenario had it been Becky after KwaZaza rather then the Pop n Bryn Era.

Cue that picture of Tim and Becky on the bench pregame with clipboards in hand and a WTF??!! conversation look between them.

MultiTroll
09-12-2022, 05:52 PM
"Oh, I was lit," Hammon said of her talk in the locker room with the No. 1 seed Aces. :tu

Las Vegas Aces shed 'frustrating' first half, post Game 1 win over Connecticut Sun in WNBA Finals (espn.com) (https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/34575427/las-vegas-aces-shed-frustrating-first-half-post-game-1-win-connecticut-sun-wnba-finals)

Any relation to Matt Bonner?
Link:

DeWanna Bonner Stats, News, Bio | ESPN (https://www.espn.com/wnba/player/_/id/869/dewanna-bonner)

MultiTroll
09-13-2022, 02:32 PM
"thought Plum's defense down the stretch really sparked us -- she played hard," Hammon said. "Her shot wasn't falling and she found other ways to impact the game. At the end" from ESPN writer.
Plum must also be in a hellacious slump.
I only began noticing '22 Aces in the semis vs Seattle.
Since then she is
27-77 35%
6-34 treys 18%

46/42% regular season.

But Aces have won 4 in a row so....

DMC
09-13-2022, 04:41 PM
Not to take anything from Becky but the Aces have been at least to conference finals in the past 4 seasons, with a finals appearance 2 years ago. Let's not make her Larry Brown.

PATFO made a good call, she's leading now and probably does really well. She could return to the NBA to coach eventually.

TD 21
09-13-2022, 05:14 PM

Unsure if serious, but if so :lmao at thinking coaching plays a significant role.

I'm no WNBA expert, but if the Aces are on the verge of winning the championship, it's doubtlessly because they have among, if not the best combination of talent/fit in the league, possibly combined with opponent injury luck.

couchman
09-14-2022, 09:47 AM
The Aces have been knocking on the door but not winning the chip.
They brought in Becky to get them over the top.
If she gets it done she is their Phil Jackson.

DMC
09-14-2022, 10:13 AM
The Aces have been knocking on the door but not winning the chip.
They brought in Becky to get them over the top.
If she gets it done she is their Phil Jackson.

Non sequitur

Phil has 11 rings as a coach. I'd say she's their Tyronn Lue. If she does a couple 3 peats, we can reconsider.

K...
09-14-2022, 10:43 AM
Non sequitur

Phil has 11 rings as a coach. I'd say she's their Tyronn Lue. If she does a couple 3 peats, we can reconsider.

You forgot summer league champ's . usually winning at two levels makes you HOF worthy

couchman
09-14-2022, 11:49 AM
Non sequitur

Fair

I clearly overstated it to make a point about "taking anything away from Becky."
Instead of the Aces recent playoff runs being a potential negative in assessing Hammon's performance, I see it as a positive.
She stepped into a situation where winning a title is the only way she can succeed.
That took guts.
Now she's on the doorstep of delivering

itzsoweezee
09-14-2022, 01:06 PM
Coach Becky coming in and instantly improving over her predecessor. Great work!

heyheymymy
09-14-2022, 04:23 PM
She stepped into a situation where winning a title is the only way she can succeed.
That took guts.

That's a great point. What a tough job to take with an unbelievably high bar to be considered a success and Becky stepped up to that.

Very impressive. WNBA playoffs have been interesting to loosely follow. Proud of Coach Hammon. Go Aces Go!

DMC
09-14-2022, 05:13 PM
Fair

I clearly overstated it to make a point about "taking anything away from Becky."
Instead of the Aces recent playoff runs being a potential negative in assessing Hammon's performance, I see it as a positive.
That took guts.

Right along side Wade Phillips iirc. Taking a job where anything short of a championship is failure, that's a tough gig.

Dex
09-14-2022, 09:13 PM
Anyone on this board who is seriously shitting on Becky just because she is leading a WNBA team (to their first Finals wins and on the brink of a championship) seriously needs to reconsider their priorities or go get some therapy.

Why is it so hard for some of you to root for somebody else to succeed in their life? Like seriously, what the fuck is wrong with your brain?

ducks
09-14-2022, 11:42 PM
Congratulations Coach Becky and Aces for advancing to the Finals!

Becky should be spurs coach not poop

BatManu20
09-15-2022, 12:42 AM

MultiTroll
09-15-2022, 11:46 PM
Had a bad feeling about Game 3 after the Attention Whore crashed the game 2 locker room post game.

Preening and with his fake self depreciation jokes and the forcing the "Sweetest wins are on the road" schtikkk as if he is the originator.

Calm down Pop Sniffers, perhaps the Aces were going to get blown out in Game 3 anyways.

Still very much in control at 2-1.

Just thought i saw a cringed look on Becky like "please end this soon" as Grandpa rambled on.

ginobilized
09-16-2022, 11:38 AM
Had a bad feeling about Game 3 after the Attention Whore crashed the game 2 locker room post game.

Preening and with his fake self depreciation jokes and the forcing the "Sweetest wins are on the road" schtikkk as if he is the originator.

Calm down Pop Sniffers, perhaps the Aces were going to get blown out in Game 3 anyways.

Yeah, that was cringe worthy. Becky seemed very uncomfortable to me.

Still very much in control at 2-1.

Just thought i saw a cringed look on Becky like "please end this soon" as Grandpa rambled on.

Cringeworthy indeed. Becky looks very uncomfortable with Pop.

BatManu20
09-18-2022, 05:19 PM
San Antonio Silver Stars are Champions :cry

MultiTroll
09-18-2022, 05:24 PM
:clap
Congratulations.

DK if we'll ever know if she can head coach in the NBA but congrats for now.

KingKev
09-18-2022, 05:31 PM
Cringeworthy indeed. Becky looks very uncomfortable with Pop.

I miss the sarcastic asshole Pop.

Larry O
09-18-2022, 05:53 PM
Yeah BatManu, to me they will ALWAYS be the SA Stars. Ever since I watched this team back in the day when BH25 was playing alongside Sophia Young and Vickie Johnson, to name a few, was always a fun team to watch. But congrats to Coach Becky and the Aces! It was well deserved! And that was one heck of a physical series, too! Becky going small ball while the Sun went big, worked out for the Aces going down the stretch. And The Point God, Chelsea Gray, earned the Finals MVP for sure, because she carried the Aces on her back in the playoffs and finals.

CGD
09-18-2022, 08:04 PM
San Antonio Silver Stars are Champions :cry

Hopefully that move was not the seed for a relocation of the Spurs to Vegas in 5 years

couchman
09-18-2022, 08:08 PM
Real Spurs fans already knew a Becky was legit, but now with this win she has made it obvious that all those NBA teams that passed her over to hire some mfers were idiots. I’d love for her to replace Pop, but I hope that happens in another year or two when we have more talent on the roster for her to work with.

Racspur1
09-18-2022, 08:46 PM
To all the pop haters ...::flipoff:bobo He teaches as good as he coaches !!! :gpower

MultiTroll
09-18-2022, 09:16 PM
To all the pop haters ...::flipoff:bobo He teaches as good as he coaches !!! :gpower
:lol 1/10 i got a little laugh.

Racspur1
09-18-2022, 09:39 PM
you are easily amused or ... your a Fucking Trump Sheep Idiot !!! Laimbeer did put this team together but he couldn't win shit with it !!! ... Took Becky to win a championship with it !!! God I hate TRUMP TROLL IDIOTS like you !!!

TD 21
09-18-2022, 10:02 PM
:lmao At pretending Pop deserves an ounce of credit for this. It's bad enough that Hammon is receiving as much as she is, while the players are reduced to mere footnotes.

Racspur1
09-18-2022, 10:30 PM
That's bullshit !!! and you know it but wont admit it you immature fucking hater . she's a winner in her first year and you fucking hate for no reason . know what , arguing with the likes of you makes me a moron like you !!! I reuse to argue with a a fucking hater like you anymore !!! Suck a dick you fucking inconsequential maggot you are !!! I'm out !!!

ismael-robert
09-18-2022, 10:40 PM
Not like she took a non playoff team or 1st round fodder team to ship

Allan Rowe vs Wade
09-18-2022, 11:20 PM
Congrats Becky :toast

Dex
09-19-2022, 08:12 AM
Did Becky inherit a good team? Yes...but she also helped them finally get over the hump to win their first ever championship and did it in convincing fashion.

Tied for best record in the regular season, 8-2 record in the playoffs.

If the Aces were supposedly so good before Becky came, how come they were never able to get it done before? The last time they got to the Finals they got swept, and the two surrounding years they went out in the Semis.

The players deserve the bulk of the credit, but you can't argue that she put them in the position to succeed. Let's not sit around and act like this isn't a huge win for just because she didn't take a JV team to the championship.

lefty
09-19-2022, 09:52 AM
:lol WNBA

Dex
09-19-2022, 10:17 AM
:lol WNBA

Your mom was in the WNBA

lefty
09-19-2022, 10:35 AM
Your mom was in the WNBA

And yours was cut from the WNBA tbh

Dex
09-19-2022, 10:40 AM
And yours was cut from the WNBA tbh

:wow

R. DeMurre
09-19-2022, 11:03 AM
"Coach Bill Laimbeer retired, center Liz Cambage left as a free agent for Los Angeles and Hammon came in, as did another former WNBA player, Natalie Williams, as general manager. Without Cambage, who averaged 14.2 PPG and 8.2 RPG, Hammon opened up the Aces' offensive approach, pushing them to take many more 3-pointers. The Aces went from 162-of-432 from behind the arc last season to 343-of-951 this season.

That included Wilson, who had made just one 3-pointer her first four seasons in the league, but made 31 this regular season. Wilson now has a WNBA title, two MVP awards and an Olympic gold medal all by age 26, which she turned in August."

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/34619557/las-vegas-aces-win-their-first-wnba-title-beating-connecticut-sun-game-4-finals-chelsea-gray-named-mvp

Budkin
09-19-2022, 01:58 PM
GO BECKY GO! Very happy for her!

TD 21
09-19-2022, 04:19 PM
That's bullshit !!! and you know it but wont admit it you immature fucking hater . she's a winner in her first year and you fucking hate for no reason . know what , arguing with the likes of you makes me a moron like you !!! I reuse to argue with a a fucking hater like you anymore !!! Suck a dick you fucking inconsequential maggot you are !!! I'm out !!!

:lmao At melting down. I'm the antithesis of the person you're describing, I'm just convinced that coaching (and president/GM) is mostly about luck.

Did Becky inherit a good team? Yes...but she also helped them finally get over the hump to win their first ever championship and did it in convincing fashion.

Tied for best record in the regular season, 8-2 record in the playoffs.

If the Aces were supposedly so good before Becky came, how come they were never able to get it done before? The last time they got to the Finals they got swept, and the two surrounding years they went out in the Semis.

The players deserve the bulk of the credit, but you can't argue that she put them in the position to succeed. Let's not sit around and act like this isn't a huge win for just because she didn't take a JV team to the championship.

I can't speak to the particulars of what changed (significant addition, core gaining more continuity and experience, better fitting role players, better health, opponent injury luck, etc.), but I guarantee you some combination thereof did and she just so happened to inherit them at the right time like many coaches/managers have done throughout sports history.

"Coach Bill Laimbeer retired, center Liz Cambage left as a free agent for Los Angeles and Hammon came in, as did another former WNBA player, Natalie Williams, as general manager. Without Cambage, who averaged 14.2 PPG and 8.2 RPG, Hammon opened up the Aces' offensive approach, pushing them to take many more 3-pointers. The Aces went from 162-of-432 from behind the arc last season to 343-of-951 this season.

That included Wilson, who had made just one 3-pointer her first four seasons in the league, but made 31 this regular season. Wilson now has a WNBA title, two MVP awards and an Olympic gold medal all by age 26, which she turned in August."

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/34619557/las-vegas-aces-win-their-first-wnba-title-beating-connecticut-sun-game-4-finals-chelsea-gray-named-mvp

She had the novel concept of having her players play homogenized '22 basketball? The ingenuity.

talkspurs
09-19-2022, 07:46 PM
she has led 2 teams as head coach and both of them won the championship.

MultiTroll
09-20-2022, 11:24 AM
Could Becky crash the locker room on the Spurs final regular season game and make stupid jokes and say "He never listens to me anyway."? :lol

koriwhat
09-20-2022, 04:21 PM
Good for Becky but damn the WNBA still fucking sucks and that ain't changing anytime soon.