PDA

View Full Version : Karl suspended for two games for ripping refs about flopping

TMTTRIO
11-30-2005, 06:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2242651

NBA suspends Karl two games for ripping refs
Associated Press

DENVER -- Denver coach George Karl was suspended for two games without pay by the NBA on Wednesday for publicly criticizing officials after the Nuggets' 101-92 loss to New Jersey.

Karl was to begin his suspension with Wednesday night's Nuggets-Hornets game in Denver. He also will sit out Denver's game at Phoenix on Friday night.

Following Monday night's loss to the Nets, Karl suggested Vince Carter flopped twice during the game's final minutes. Karl and Kenyon Martin, who was whistled for fouling Carter with 1:05 left, drew technical fouls and Martin was ejected after drawing a second technical during a subsequent timeout.

"To let Vince Carter flop two calls and get the whistle to end the game. I was disappointed because the effort and energy of (the Nuggets) I thought should have been stood up for," Karl said after the game. "Vince Carter flopped both of them and got the call."

Then, Karl added: "There's a rumor out of the league office that we're trying to take flopping out of the game, but I don't think that was orchestrated very much in those two calls."

Carter said he couldn't recall the first foul but insisted the second one was legitimate. Martin declined to discuss his views "unless you're going to pay my fine."

After reviewing the game tape, Karl acknowledged on Tuesday that the Nuggets did indeed foul Carter on the two plays in question but added that he believed the officials were making up for 14 fouls they called on New Jersey in the third quarter.

Assistant Scott Brooks filled in for Karl, whose suspension was announced by Stu Jackson, the league's senior vice president of basketball operations.

I thought it was bad enough that he complained about Manu's flopping but this is getting ridiculous :rolleyes :rolleyes

spurs=bling
11-30-2005, 06:56 PM
this madness must stop

Bloodline666
11-30-2005, 06:58 PM
George Karl, suspended again!

Why does this not surprise me?

Obstructed_View
11-30-2005, 06:59 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~scottjhepple/crybabiessmall.jpg

FromWayDowntown
11-30-2005, 06:59 PM
I thought it was bad enough that he complained about Manu's flopping but this is getting ridiculous :rolleyes :rolleyes

Particularly when the film shows that Carter didn't flop.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-30-2005, 07:11 PM
i guess Stern cant handle someone calling out the refs when they know its the truth

They havent done jack to stop flopping this season, its worth the suspension. Im glad he has the balls to speak his mind and not be a puppet in stern's fntasy league :fro

leemajors
11-30-2005, 07:17 PM
i guess Stern cant handle someone calling out the refs when they know its the truth

They havent done jack to stop flopping this season, its worth the suspension. Im glad he has the balls to speak his mind and not be a puppet in stern's fntasy league :fro

After reviewing the game tape, Karl acknowledged on Tuesday that the Nuggets did indeed foul Carter on the two plays in question but added that he believed the officials were making up for 14 fouls they called on New Jersey in the third quarter.
did you miss this part? karl must still be stuck on repeat.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-30-2005, 07:20 PM

I guess Nugget fans and their coach can't keep their mouth shut and take a loss like men http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-30-2005, 07:22 PM
did you miss this part? karl must still be stuck on repeat.

yeh he wasnt just ticked about carters play, the refs were crap all night

they were totally bias towards nuggets in the 3rd qtr and then has he stated, they made some phanton calls down the stretch to make up for it....

refs should show no favour to anyone, anywhere and at any time......

just ref the game fairly and let a W be a W by merit and not by the virtue of some iffy calls......dont you think that would be better?

I bet if the bucks - mavs game was in Dallas, Bogut would have been called for a foul on that last block, just the way things work .... its never going to stop but it would be nice if it ever got better

spurs=bling
11-30-2005, 07:28 PM

10 x :lmao

Bloodline666
11-30-2005, 07:34 PM

they were totally bias towards nuggets in the 3rd qtr and then has he stated, they made some phanton calls down the stretch to make up for it....

just ref the game fairly and let a W be a W by merit and not by the virtue of some iffy calls......dont you think that would be better?

I bet if the bucks - mavs game was in Dallas, Bogut would have been called for a foul on that last block, just the way things work .... its never going to stop but it would be nice if it ever got better
Actually, note that protesting IS allowed in the NBA, but there is a specific procedure in doing so. (http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_f.html?nav=ArticleList)

Needless to say, I doubt George Karl followed it.

beirmeistr
11-30-2005, 07:35 PM
You've all heard of the boy who cried wolf. Is George Karl the man who cried flop?

Brutalis
11-30-2005, 07:54 PM
:lmao

5ToolMan
11-30-2005, 08:26 PM

Nuggets Fan, it would pay you to learn the game, if you are going follow it.

Hoops is a game of momentum, flow and synergy. It is also the most difficult of all games to call. No other sport places 10 of the biggest, fastest, quickest and most athletic men in an area so small, playing a game of continous action. For this reason, zebras are bound to miss calls and get caught up in the momentum of the game.

It is part of the game, and Karl should know that championship teams play through it. As you both admitted, the Nets were given some tough call they had to overcome stay or get back into the game.

The difference always is; Some teams accept it, play throught it, and eventually perform as champions. Some teams only accept it when it favors them, but mostly act as sore losers and go away bawling at the "unfairness" delt their way. LOL!

conqueso
11-30-2005, 09:39 PM
"There's a rumor out of the league office that we're trying to take flopping out of the game, but I don't think that was orchestrated very much in those two calls."

Looks like George Karl has been taking grammar lessons from implacable44. I think he meant to say that it wasn't correlated very well in those calls.

Amen.

ALVAREZ6
11-30-2005, 10:25 PM
George Karl is the shittiest fuckin coach. He can't get over this flopping thing....I thought he came out and said he now appreciates Manu after all his smack talk on him in the play-offs....Karl wouldn't stop crying during that first round...

Obstructed_View
11-30-2005, 11:18 PM
After all his practice at it, Karl still can't lose with any class.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Well, the Nuggets just lost to the Hornets, I wonder what the next excuse is going to be... lame

Bloodline666
11-30-2005, 11:39 PM
George Karl is the shittiest fuckin coach. He can't get over this flopping thing....I thought he came out and said he now appreciates Manu after all his smack talk on him in the play-offs....Karl wouldn't stop crying during that first round...
Well, Manu certainly wasn't flopping when Carmelo Anthony smacked him in the neck during Game 3, I think it was? It wouldn't surprise me if Karl said that Manu flopped when that happened.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Well, the Nuggets just lost to the Hornets, I wonder what the next excuse is going to be... lame

u lose your best player and coach then see how u do

after all u did lose to the crappy bulls at home with a full strength team :smokin

strangeweather
12-01-2005, 12:28 AM

after all u did lose to the crappy bulls at home with a full strength team :smokin

The Nuggets have lost 8 games so far this season. Are you going to go through the list and explain how they got jobbed on every single one of them and they should be 16-0?

Grow up. And tell Furious George to grow up too.

Vashner
12-01-2005, 04:29 AM
Well now we know how to beat Denver.. let's work Karl over good next game and get him worked.... "Ref own J00 Karl!" signs everywhere.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-01-2005, 09:26 AM
I suspect that Karl is leading some secret life, and that's why he keeps getting suspended.

"Why yes, Mr. President, I'm all set for that mission to North Korea. I just need to go bitch about Ginobili a little tomorrow and I'll have the rest of the week off."

nkdlunch
12-01-2005, 09:39 AM
what's new?

CharlieMac
12-01-2005, 10:25 AM
"We lost a game again!?! Someone obviously flopped. "

Hook Dem
12-01-2005, 10:37 AM

Crappy Bulls?????? :lol Far from it! You need some basketball clinic bad! You are nowhere near the expert you think you are. :flipoff

samikeyp
12-01-2005, 12:33 PM
:lol @ George Karl.

kskonn
12-01-2005, 12:49 PM
The Bulls are better than the nuggets! are you saying that your team sucks?

MaNuMaNiAc
12-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Chicago is 7-6, and Denver is 8-8, if Chicago is a crappy team, Denver is right there with them :lmao