PDA

View Full Version : ****OFFICIAL Week 1 Game Thread, Sponsored By Massive NFL Media Changes (& Struggle Returns To Seattle)****

Millennial_Messiah
08-30-2022, 01:03 PM
****2022 Week 1 NFL Season is just 8 days away and begins on Thursday, September 8th, 2022, Bills @ World Champion Rams****

***NBC's Mike Tirico is finally back to calling games on a weekly basis; long time overdue (ESPN MNF was terrible from 2016-2021, but they have an A-list cast now finally)... Tirico will be the primary play by play caller for SNF and the first game of the season, where the Rams hoist their championship banner at home and draw the Bills (odd, when's the last time they have inter-conference matchups for banner game day? The league never does that....) Cris Collinsworth will be paired with Tirico. Maria Taylor takes Tirico's job as the studio host and backup play-by-play commentator should Tirico be unavailable for a game.

***Al Michaels moves to TNF, which is no longer on regular TV

***FOX takes a big step backward by losing their A-team and promoting C-list, relative newbie (only called games since 2013) Kevin Burkhardt to A-team play by play announcer, paired with Greg Olsen (who is at least decent, but probably not A-list material). The generally-annoying Burkhardt leapfrogs over better and more-tenured, more-deserving choices FOX could have made to replace Buck and Aikman, such as Kenny Albert and Chris Myers.

***CBS is essentially status quo. I wish they would replace Jim Nantz as A-list play by play though. His boring boomercon mundane playcalling act doesn't excite any viewers. Al Michaels with Romo would have been a far better option, for instance. Even elevating a Greg Gumbel type would have been superior.

***ESPN is the biggest winner as they finally shore up MNF for the first time since 2015, with Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, one of the better football commentary duos the game has seen.

***Once again, Russell Wilson will begin the NFL season in Seattle, where his career began 10 years ago. But this time he'll be wearing the orange and navy jerseys he beat the pants off in his only Super Bowl victory.

***More to come!!!

Robz4000
08-30-2022, 09:21 PM
spurraider21 Raiders cut Leatherwood today :lol

spurraider21
08-30-2022, 09:42 PM
spurraider21 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=31905) Raiders cut Leatherwood today :lol
:lol McZiegler cleaning house

FrostKing
08-31-2022, 08:29 PM
How many helmets will dirty Donald swing?

Mark Celibate
08-31-2022, 09:45 PM
curious to hear The Bot on NBC and to see if the man actually has any semblance of originality or humor now that there's no reason for him to regurgitate his coachspeak cliches ad nauseam tbh imho

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/-/media/Images/Daily/2022/08/08/Jason-Garrett-NBC-Sports-Getty.ashx?mw=408

Darth_Pelican
09-02-2022, 09:12 AM
Heading to Atlanta for the opener. Big trip this year will be London for the Vikings game.

JasonGarrett
09-03-2022, 04:37 PM
curious to hear The Bot on NBC and to see if the man actually has any semblance of originality or humor now that there's no reason for him to regurgitate his coachspeak cliches ad nauseam tbh imho

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/-/media/Images/Daily/2022/08/08/Jason-Garrett-NBC-Sports-Getty.ashx?mw=408

I'm gonna tell you a story...a motivational story...i'm hear to motivate your asses...

it's about a buddhist monk friend...who was running...who was running...and he was running as fast as he could...and he looked back behind him...behind him....and he saw these lions and tigers...lions and tigers....chasing after him...and they were getting closer...getting closer....and next thing you know he's on the edge of a cliff...edge of a cliff...and he looks down below...and its a 100 foot drop...a 100 foot drop...

Snakes down below...lions and tigers behind him....they're closing in on him...and then he falls over the edge of the cliff....falling the right away...in all three areas...and as he's falling he looks down, he sees the snakes...then he grabs onto the branch...onto the branch on the side of the cliff...side of the cliff...he's holding on the branch...he takes a deep breath...looks up...sees the lions and tigers...looks down...sees the snakes down below....feels like he's safe...then he feels the branch getting rickety...he looks at the branch...looks at the branch...and he sees three rats gnawing away at the branch...and then his eyes are drawn to the other edge of the branch...and he sees the most beautiful strawberries he's ever seen in his life...and he devours them...that's my story...

Fat Brandon Bass
09-05-2022, 04:58 PM
I'm gonna tell you a story...a motivational story...i'm hear to motivate your asses...

it's about a buddhist monk friend...who was running...who was running...and he was running as fast as he could...and he looked back behind him...behind him....and he saw these lions and tigers...lions and tigers....chasing after him...and they were getting closer...getting closer....and next thing you know he's on the edge of a cliff...edge of a cliff...and he looks down below...and its a 100 foot drop...a 100 foot drop...

Snakes down below...lions and tigers behind him....they're closing in on him...and then he falls over the edge of the cliff....falling the right away...in all three areas...and as he's falling he looks down, he sees the snakes...then he grabs onto the branch...onto the branch on the side of the cliff...side of the cliff...he's holding on the branch...he takes a deep breath...looks up...sees the lions and tigers...looks down...sees the snakes down below....feels like he's safe...then he feels the branch getting rickety...he looks at the branch...looks at the branch...and he sees three rats gnawing away at the branch...and then his eyes are drawn to the other edge of the branch...and he sees the most beautiful strawberries he's ever seen in his life...and he devours them...that's my story...

good thing we're not in No Nut November yet tbh imho

SpursforSix
09-05-2022, 10:36 PM
Heading to Atlanta for the opener. Big trip this year will be London for the Vikings game.

Jeez. That’s good shit. I guess I won’t low key brag about having RedZone.

Millennial_Messiah
09-07-2022, 05:58 PM
And....... here we go::::

NFL TV Schedule and Maps: Week 1, 2022 September 11, 2022 All listings are unofficial and subject to change. Check back often for updates.

NATIONAL BROADCASTS
Thursday Night: Buffalo @ LA Rams (NBC)
Sunday Night: Tampa Bay @ Dallas (NBC)
Monday Night: Denver @ Seattle (ESPN/ABC)

CBS EARLY
https://506sports.com/2022/01-CBS-E.png █ Anchorage
█ Fairbanks
█ Honolulu

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati
Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

New England @ Miami
Greg Gumbel, Adam Archuleta

Baltimore @ NY Jets
Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Cleveland @ Carolina
Spero Dedes, Jay Feely

Indianapolis @ Houston
Tom McCarthy, Tiki Barber

CBS LATE https://506sports.com/2022/01-CBS-L.png █ Anchorage
█ Fairbanks
█ Honolulu

Kansas City @ Arizona
Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Las Vegas @ LA Chargers
Kevin Harlan, Trent Green

FOX EARLY https://506sports.com/2022/01-FOX-E.png █ Anchorage
█ Fairbanks
█ Honolulu

San Francisco @ Chicago
Joe Davis, Daryl Johnston

Philadelphia @ Detroit
Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth

New Orleans @ Atlanta
Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma

Jacksonville @ Washington
Chris Myers, Robert Smith

FOX LATE https://506sports.com/2022/01-FOX-L.png █ Anchorage
█ Fairbanks
█ Honolulu

Green Bay @ Minnesota
Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen

NY Giants @ Tennessee
Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez

Millennial_Messiah
09-08-2022, 07:19 PM
The Rams are going to absolutely curbstomp the living shit out of overrated ass Bufalo and Trash Allen tonight

FrostKing
09-08-2022, 07:20 PM
Rams definitely not repeating

But I think they win today

Millennial_Messiah
09-08-2022, 07:20 PM
Rams definitely not repeating

But I think they win today
I think the Niners win that division. First place schedule will prove brutal especially when you factor in that extra AFC game.

Millennial_Messiah
09-08-2022, 07:49 PM
:lol Trash Allen couldn't even get past the 1st quarter without throwing a pick.

Millennial_Messiah
09-08-2022, 08:36 PM
:lmao typical Trash Allen in Trash Allen fashion throws 2 picks in 2 quarters

FrostKing
09-08-2022, 08:41 PM
Bills dominating
Tie at Half

FrostKing
09-08-2022, 09:04 PM
Okay Rams look like shit

Robz4000
09-08-2022, 09:13 PM
Det Bills defense

Robz4000
09-08-2022, 09:37 PM
My condolences Millennial_Messiah

FrostKing
09-08-2022, 09:44 PM
66% of the Rams didn't play at all in preseason

Did not know this

FkLA
09-08-2022, 09:44 PM
congrats on the 2023 championship DeadlyDynasty

benefactor
09-08-2022, 10:12 PM
Stafford in midseason from tbh

DeadlyDynasty
09-08-2022, 10:24 PM
4 turnovers, a slew of stupid penalties, and still dominated the champs on the road. Von Miller already having an impact on our 3 young DEs, who all had great games. Hope Oliver’s foot is alright.

Singletary was under-utilized, sick of seeing Allen have to run so much but what can you do when Moss and Cook are putting the ball on the turf. I’ve seen enough of Moss. Have Singletary as your main back and get Cook involved in the passing game.

all in all a great win. Our first 8 games are BRUTAL, so take what we can get.

Millennial_Messiah
09-08-2022, 10:29 PM
My condolences Millennial_Messiah (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=50493)

Well at least that wasn't my survivor pick, tbh. I don't get a point for the pick-six thread or the pick-em thread.

Congrats on the 2022 nfc west division title Robz4000 :toast

FrostKing
09-09-2022, 01:12 AM
I know they play different LB roles but Wagner looked done out there in comparison to Von.

5-year contract with the Rams. Yikes.

Mark Celibate
09-09-2022, 08:57 AM
Would definitely be happy seeing a Bills Super Bowl tbh

Mark Celibate
09-09-2022, 08:59 AM
Also not sure why I was expecting anything else but I shouldn’t be surprised that The Bot is just as vanilla and cliche as an analyst as he was when he was Jerruh’s lapdog

bringing the unintentinal comedic goods when saying both the Bucs and the Cowboys need to be “balanced” rofl

Millennial_Messiah
09-09-2022, 10:42 AM
Trash Allen still sucks, but Buffalo's defense looked really good out there especially with the pass rush. But the main takeaway is the Rams are and were fool's gold out there. They lost some key pieces off of an already one of the weakest championship teams of this generation. Similar to the 2007 Spurs. The Rams only won the championship because a much better opponent got defeated by a much worse team due to some rare special teams luck (a limited but upstart SF team winning at GB was similar and analogous to another limited but upstart SF based team beating the juggernaut Mavericks in '07), Tom Brady took the first half of the division round game off, and the Rams got bailed out by the refs (and one of the worst dropped INTs ever by SF which would have been the ball game in the championship round) in the last 2 rounds. One of the weakest championship teams ever and it will show this year.

FrostKing
09-09-2022, 11:20 AM
https://i.ibb.co/V9SnmqG/IMG-3087.jpg

Excited to catch Cowherds show today. He's been overtly supportive of the Rams this offseason.

MultiTroll
09-09-2022, 11:33 AM
Brady possibly losing his Beard going to be a problem?

leemajors
09-09-2022, 02:58 PM
Losing his starting guards from last year may be a problem

FrostKing
09-09-2022, 05:06 PM
https://i.ibb.co/t8ZMJP4/IMG-20220909-143909.jpg

JasonGarrett
09-11-2022, 12:16 PM
Also not sure why I was expecting anything else but I shouldn’t be surprised that The Bot is just as vanilla and cliche as an analyst as he was when he was Jerruh’s lapdog

bringing the unintentinal comedic goods when saying both the Bucs and the Cowboys need to be “balanced” rofl

gotta be balanced....balanced....cant win too many games...cant lose too many games...

speaking of "balanced"...I believe NBC hired me for "balance"....I'm here to balance out the African American-ness on set from Tony Dungy and Maria Taylor with the most vanilla white guy takes imaginable ....and that's important....

GAustex
09-11-2022, 12:28 PM
Fields lol

Robz4000
09-11-2022, 12:49 PM
:lol looks like I'm losing in the survivor thread early this year

TheCultOfPersonality
09-11-2022, 12:51 PM
My goodness the Bengals are stinking up the joint. They aren't playing last seasons Steelers.

TheCultOfPersonality
09-11-2022, 12:54 PM
Both Jacoby Brissett and Baker Mayfield are competing to see who can play the worse.

Robz4000
09-11-2022, 02:39 PM
:lmao Niners
:lmao worst QB situation in the league

TheCultOfPersonality
09-11-2022, 02:52 PM
I think Joe Burrow has cemented himself as the worst QB of Week 1. Not sure any QB can beat it.

lefty20
09-11-2022, 02:58 PM
This W is gonna give irrational confidence to most of the Bears fans only to have Rodgers slap us back to reality next week.

Fat Brandon Bass
09-11-2022, 03:05 PM
gotta be balanced....balanced....cant win too many games...cant lose too many games...

speaking of "balanced"...I believe NBC hired me for "balance"....I'm here to balance out the African American-ness on set from Tony Dungy and Maria Taylor with the most vanilla white guy takes imaginable ....and that's important....

I'm hoping Jerry is listening to all the pandering, and Cowboys ball-washing you've been doing lately. Need to bring the prodigal son back home to bring this team to the promised land tbh

TheCultOfPersonality
09-11-2022, 03:16 PM
CADE FREAKING YORK!!!

TheCultOfPersonality
09-11-2022, 03:27 PM
Evan McPherson is no Cade York.

Evan McPherson must have money on the Steelers winning.

Robz4000
09-11-2022, 03:28 PM
:lmao these kickers

Robz4000
09-11-2022, 03:46 PM
:lmao Bungles

MultiTroll
09-11-2022, 04:13 PM
Raiders jobbed by Herberts late declaration to slide being ruled illegal Raider hit.

lefty20
09-11-2022, 04:33 PM
Wonder if Rodgers has started regretting choosing $$$ over Adams yet.

Millennial_Messiah
09-11-2022, 04:35 PM
I think Joe Burrow has cemented himself as the worst QB of Week 1. Not sure any QB can beat it.

Fraudgers prototype week 1 :lmao

This W is gonna give irrational confidence to most of the Bears fans only to have Rodgers slap us back to reality next week.
Especially after the GB loss this week. I don't think Rodgers has ever gone 0-2.

Millennial_Messiah
09-11-2022, 04:47 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao Fraudgers with the bads, tbh

probably will have double digit INTs this year, rendering the last 2 years flukes :toast

Darth_Pelican
09-11-2022, 05:05 PM
The meltdown of Falcons fans leaving the stadium was epic.

Millennial_Messiah
09-11-2022, 05:20 PM
The meltdown of Falcons fans leaving the stadium was epic.

On the big screen it looked like Saints fans outnumbered Falcons fans in that arena even though it was in Atlanta.

On that note though, I think Dennis Allen and co. need to let Jameis cook, because they're not going to win football games if they try to convert him into a bus driver. Oh, and Can'tGuardMike Michael Thomas is back. Finally.

Millennial_Messiah
09-11-2022, 05:22 PM
love to see the annual Packers getting shellacked in week 1, even though I know it's not a harbinger of things to come the rest of the season

Millennial_Messiah
09-11-2022, 06:05 PM
Vikings are going to win, but Cousins is a dumbass for not checking into run plays there on 2nd and 3rd down or at least eating the sacks instead of throwing incomplete there

When you have a 2 score lead like that, every tick tock matters

Millennial_Messiah
09-11-2022, 07:09 PM
Mark Celibate (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49544)

:wow :wow :wow :wow :wow OMFG Jason Garrett really actually said that............. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

The Bot.............. speechless

Fat Brandon Bass
09-11-2022, 07:51 PM
Cuckboys look like sh!t per par etc...the good news is the Saviour is in the house tonight imo

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FU1un3lWYBEOekH?format=jpg&name=small

Mark Celibate
09-11-2022, 08:56 PM
Cuckott going to light it up in the fourth once Tampa puts the game out of reach. Those dumpoffs to Zeke/Schultz when down 14+ in the 4th quarter are about as automatic as the Kareem Skyhook tbh imho

leemajors
09-11-2022, 10:07 PM
Go Bills

Millennial_Messiah
09-11-2022, 10:09 PM
Cuckott going to light it up in the fourth once Tampa puts the game out of reach. Those dumpoffs to Zeke/Schultz when down 14+ in the 4th quarter are about as automatic as the Kareem Skyhook tbh imho

:lmao Nope, not this time. Prescott is just that bad.

Millennial_Messiah
09-11-2022, 10:11 PM
Go Bills
nah, go Chiefs, Bucs, Eagles, Broncos, Bears, and/or Vikings. Also Dolphins and/or Jags because DeSantis >>>>>>> Hochul.

Josh Allen is such a pompous ass like Fraudgers I could never root for him

MultiTroll
09-11-2022, 10:26 PM
Takes the sack. :bang
FFS Carr get the ball up in the air on 4th down with game on the line.

An interception was immaterial at that point.

And now the info that Brady was down with joining the Raiders and Three Stoges turned him down? :rollin

Mark Celibate
09-12-2022, 05:55 AM
:lmao Nope, not this time. Prescott is just that bad.

rofl can’t even put up
numbers in garbage time. Is this the end of the Dak/Schultz/Elliott three headed 4th qtr stat-padding monster dynasty?

Millennial_Messiah
09-12-2022, 08:09 AM
rofl can’t even put up
numbers in garbage time. Is this the end of the Dak/Schultz/Elliott three headed 4th qtr stat-padding monster dynasty?

Dallas might have the worst offense and starting quarterback in the league. Before yesterday I thought that was Jacoby Brissett and Cleveland or Seattle's whatever they have left, but Brissett and the Browns actually moved the ball and won the game.

Millennial_Messiah
09-12-2022, 08:22 AM
Prescott expected to miss 8+ weeks with severe injury to his throwing hand :wow :wow

If it's Cooper Rush starting all those games, we're looking at a 1-8 start, only win coming over hapless Detroit at home. And that's if Prescott misses only 8 weeks.

But maybe it's probably for the best? The team is seriously lacking in offensive talent. Any superstar WRs coming out of the draft? I'd take another tackle too honestly. Or hit on a QB if you get one of the top few picks.

But knowing Jerruh, he'll probably trade a first round pick for Jimmy G. only to have an 8-9 or so season. Or maybe he'll trade 2 firsts and 2 seconds or something stupid like that for Lamar Jackson who will inevitably get hurt too. And plus they'd have 2 premium-paid QBs because they'd have to immediately give a huge contract to whoever they traded for.

Best to tank the season, go 2-15, get the #1 overall pick in the draft, move on from Prescott, tbh. Too injury prone and just isn't the same player since the 2020 injury.

FrostKing
09-12-2022, 06:27 PM
Seattle actually booing Russell :lol

Millennial_Messiah
09-12-2022, 06:37 PM
Seattle actually booing Russell :lol

Wouldn't expect anything less. The PNW is full of assholes masquerading as hipsters; we all know this.

Millennial_Messiah
09-12-2022, 08:28 PM
One thing is for sure and that MNF is definitely back; the telecast is actually watchable for the first time since 2015, and it's arguably the best telecast out of all of them now. What a difference a major announcers change can make. Who would've thunk?

GAustex
09-12-2022, 09:10 PM
Manning cast tbh

Millennial_Messiah
09-12-2022, 09:19 PM
:lmao Denver running back butt-fumbled on the goal line, Mark Sanchez style. 2nd goal line fumble for Denver in the third quarter alone.... 14 points off the board. Denver is clearly better, but they're shooting themselves in the foot. 11 penalties for 101 yards and 2 goal line fumbles lost.

MultiTroll
09-12-2022, 11:17 PM
64 yard FGA vs going for more yards on 4th and 5.

I dunno, seems like attempting to get more yards is a no brainer.

Lame TV coverage does not tell us if he had enough leg or not. Announcer said he "thought" it was long enough. WTF not use one of your 48 cameras to show us? :lol

Seattle 17 Denver 16.

FrostKing
09-13-2022, 12:05 AM
Time to start playing starters in Preseason. Sloppy football in Week 1.

That's unacceptable for Professional athletes to be unprepared to start the season. This isn't the NBA.

DeadlyDynasty
09-13-2022, 06:45 AM
Mark Celibate (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49544)

:wow :wow :wow :wow :wow OMFG Jason Garrett really actually said that............. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

The Bot.............. speechless
What did he say? Missed the broadcast