View Full Version : Pacers getting destroyed by the suns

The_Game
11-30-2005, 10:35 PM
80-50 with still 5 minutes left in the 3rd

nash with 27..7/8 threes

no bad considering they are missing amare and barbosa

boutons
11-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Nash 7/8 3Gs, only halfway thru 3rd qtr.

JMarkJohns
11-30-2005, 10:52 PM
The starters, for the large part are out of the game. Marion is in, but Nash, Thomas, etc.. are out for Phoenix and I think Carlisle just subeed out his starters.

Nash will finish 7/8 from range.

Great game, though, while the Suns really put pressure on them with their swarming zone defense, the Pacers just looked sloppy from the get go and the Suns were just on fire....

As I type, Nash is back in.

JMarkJohns
11-30-2005, 10:57 PM
I don't understand. The Paers are out of the game. It's basically a fluxuating 25 point lead. Ranges from 28-24...

It's currently 25 points, 9+ remaining and yet O'Neal and Artest are still in for Indiana and Nash and Thomas, along with Marion and Bell are in for Phoenix.

The game is over. Suns haven't cooled off.

boutons
11-30-2005, 11:01 PM
The half-court offense vs transition/running offense? no contest.

(no comment on the defense)

Bloodline666
11-30-2005, 11:07 PM
This is bull! And I thought Ron Artest was Defensive Player of the Year two seasons ago!

What happened to him all of a sudden?

JMarkJohns
11-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Now they are playing more of a straight up defense, unless O'Neal touches it (and even then, somewhat), but eariler in the game they were double and triple teaming him, even before the ball was thrown into him.

Really frustrated him, where he picked up a technical foul and had three early fouls, two of which were offensive.

Leetonidas
11-30-2005, 11:19 PM
Where has The Artest Factor been lately? :lol

leemajors
11-30-2005, 11:19 PM
so wait, good teams can have bad games?

The Artest Factor
11-30-2005, 11:30 PM
There's not a dominating team in the league this year. The Spurs got spanked by Dallas and the mediocre Wizards + others. Pistons have 2 loses, 1 by 30+. The Pacers still need to gell + they're without the best rebounder in the league and DPOY contender Jeff Foster. And to top it off the defending MVP has the best shooting game of his career.

Tough loss, they'll bounce back and destroy the next 7 opponents before losing to another team.

2centsworth
11-30-2005, 11:40 PM
don't encourage the trolls please.

mavsfan1000
11-30-2005, 11:55 PM
Yeah and to think the suns don't have Amare and playing this well. I think Raja Bell and James Jones are just as good and probably better defensively than Joe Johnson and Q. Richardson. Bring Amare back and the suns are scary good.

Leetonidas
12-01-2005, 12:16 AM
don't encourage the trolls please.

My bad. :spin

JMarkJohns
12-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Jones is still inconsistant, mainly because D'Antoni never uses him consistantly.

Diaw is nearly as good as Johnson with House, Bell and Jones being far better than Richardson.

Suns have held their last six opponants under 100 points and until Harrison hit those two FT's with 30 seconds left, it appeared they would make it five straight under 90 points.

They are different. More so than last year. They are faster on the perimeter with Barbosa, House, Bell, Jones and Diaw than they were with Johnson and Richardson, they are better defenders and far deeper. When Diaw plays PF or even C, the Suns employ their swarming zone which has really bothered several big-men thus far.

Duncan, just 42% from the field with 4 turnovers
Yao, just 8 points on 3-7 from the field
O'Neal, 45% with 3 turnovers (two offensive fouls) and a Tech

Not great, but considering their bigs, pretty solid.

mavsfan1000
12-01-2005, 12:21 AM
When Amare comes back I would use a lineup of
C Amare
PF Diaw
SF Marion
SG Bell
PG Nash. That is a very versatile offense their with a decent defense also. Not as bad as last year.

JMarkJohns
12-01-2005, 12:28 AM
With Marion, Diaw and Jones, they have three guys who can play either SF or PF and all three can technically play at the same time, even with Amare being added.

They may be small up front, but they have great physical strengths that balance their size out. The running, jumping and just sheer speed of their lineup is baffling.

Once Amare and Barbosa get back, their 7-man rotation (Nash, Barbosa, Bell, Jones, Marion, Diaw, Amare) could be the most athletic ever.

Diaw looks to be improving that jumper of his as well. Once done, he'll have everything needed to become an All-Star. Before you jump in and laugh, remember he's averaging 13-6-5-2-2 in just 25 minutes in this, his first legit year of playing time.

I never thought he'd be this good. His low-post game has hints of Vlade in it. Lots of spins and contortions that just manuever him around his defenders. He needs to learn to take it up hard when he can, but other than that and his jumper, his offense is light-years ahead of where I thought it would be.

mavsfan1000
12-01-2005, 12:40 AM
Bowen can't guard everyone. Duncan and Rasho will have to guard one of these athletic players. That mismatch favors the suns more than the spurs. Now with Amare back the suns are even more athletic. Scary team to play in the playoffs if Amare is back.

leemajors
12-01-2005, 12:41 AM
is there any reason to believe amare will be back this year?

mavsfan1000
12-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Amare is young so he will heal quicker than usual.

leemajors
12-01-2005, 12:44 AM
if i were the suns i would be as careful as possible. he is young so he will want to rush back too quickly, don't let him make that kind of mistake.

SequSpur
12-01-2005, 12:50 AM
Bowen can't guard everyone. Duncan and Rasho will have to guard one of these athletic players. That mismatch favors the suns more than the spurs. Now with Amare back the suns are even more athletic. Scary team to play in the playoffs if Amare is back.

You're a got damn idiot. The Spurs practically swept a stronger Sun team last year you dipshit.

You are really starting to get on my nerves, the shit you post, I don't understand why you are allowed to post in the Spurs forum.

STFU already and wake the fuck up.

you're a damn turd and your borderline trolling this site and i am tired of hearing your borderline troll shit.

mavsfan1000
12-01-2005, 01:20 AM
I am not a troll. I just want to talk about other teams chances. I never said the spurs suck or Duncan is gay or anything like that. I leave that for mouse. :lol

SequSpur
12-01-2005, 01:24 AM
I am not a troll. I just want to talk about other teams chances. I never said the spurs suck or Duncan is gay or anything like that. I leave that for mouse. :lol

Yeah, well you turn your takes into how the Spurs have no chance at anything, when history actually proves you as a dipshit, but hey to each his own.

Did you see the Indiana Duke game? Who was that big dude that threw it down from the free throw line from Indiana?

Damn.

JMarkJohns
12-01-2005, 02:48 AM
I don't want the Suns bringing Amare back. If he comes back this year, I want it on Amare's terms. Supposedly he's ahead of schedule, but it's still so eary, I don't think that means anything.

If he can be back by March, I like this Suns team this year. If not, then I say shut 'er down for this season. Play more Barbosa, Jones and Diaw, rest Nash heading into next season.

Not tank... continue for the playoffs, just don't risk Nash for a year in whch the Title is not attainable. Don't sit him, just don't burn him out.

EDIT: and by the way, most here have NO idea what trolling is. Just because a poster doesn't kiss your team's ass all the time, doesn't make him a troll.

It's rediculous to even think that this site has trolls. Maybe some flamers (NOT mavsfan, though), but certainly no trolls.

This ( http://www.azcentral.com/phorum/list.php?36 ) is trolling. Each flame thread is started by the same person, just under different monikers.

Some of the better thread titles read...

Speakin' of Pearl Harbor, where the fuck is that little Jap bastard wang at?

Remember the time CWEBB walked away from ex-Sun Robert Horry and Horry proceeded to drill that 3 pointer from the top of the circle?

Remember the time Marion Elie threw that kiss to Jerry after he drilled that 3 pointer in the corner? Was that the '94 or '95 Playoffs?

June 20, 1993>>>>Paxson for three............SHAZAM! You like apples, how do you like dem apples?

######, ric, ######! (over a dozen times)

COFFEE BREAK OVER, MOTHERFUCKERS, EVERYBODY BACK ON THEIR FUCKING HEADS! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

And the dolt was just banned around 6 p.m. November 30th.

Please, don't confuse the trolls.

SirChaz
12-01-2005, 10:21 AM
is there any reason to believe amare will be back this year?

Yes

ShoogarBear
12-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Why has Jim Jackson sucked so much?

TDMVPDPOY
12-01-2005, 11:14 AM

went to have a haircut like artest

JMarkJohns
12-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Why has Jim Jackson sucked so much?

He was just off to start the year and is now receiving only inconsistant minutes.

I'd rather D'Antoni play Jones over Jackson unless fouls or injury don't allow such.

As of now, whenever he plays Jackson extended minutes, Jones always suffers.