PDA

View Full Version : 2022-23 Survivor Thread

Darth_Pelican
09-06-2022, 10:21 AM
Week 1: Ravens over Jets

MultiTroll
09-06-2022, 10:34 AM
Ravens.

Not copycating you. Rather parity seems the NFL rule for most games Week 1.
Flacco actually did pretty well as a fill in 2 games last year.

But i think SuperLamar is gonna bust some serious runs.

Millennial_Messiah
09-06-2022, 11:44 AM
IDK guys, the game is @ NYJ. The Jets have had in the past some weird tendency to win random home openers and then suck the rest of the season, and the AFC North juggernauts over the years (PIT/BAL) have an odd tendency to flounder on the road early in the season in the Tomlin / Harbaugh era. I won't be picking that game.

Millennial_Messiah
09-06-2022, 11:49 AM
Broncos @ Seahawks

I'm not super sold on Denver yet despite having Wilson, good receivers and a good defense. It could take time for them to gel or they could flounder and be an 8-9 type of team and miss the playoffs.

However, if they're unable to beat a very hapless Seattle team in the stadium Wilson has played roughly 80 games in his career, where Seattle itself no longer has any resemblance of a home field advantage, then the Wilson trade was a complete bust and I won't know what to think of the whole season. Pete Carroll isn't good anymore and that defense has been lousy for years and now they don't have a QB nor Bobby Wagner. Week 1's are weird, but Seattle should be a prime candidate for the #1 overall pick and replace Wilson with a potential Wilson clone in Bryce Young.

DeadlyDynasty
09-06-2022, 03:14 PM
Week 1: Vikings over Packers

SpursforSix
09-06-2022, 03:24 PM
what are the rules? you can't pick the same team twice?

Darth_Pelican
09-06-2022, 03:33 PM
Right. No picking the same team twice and once you make an incorrect pick you're eliminated.

SpursforSix
09-06-2022, 03:43 PM
I'll just rip off the band aid and go with Bills over Rams.

Robz4000
09-06-2022, 05:19 PM
Bengals over Steelers

spurraider21
09-06-2022, 08:39 PM
ditto with SFS as to band aid approach

raiders over chargers

BD24
09-06-2022, 09:11 PM
Week 1: 49ers over Bears

chunticakes
09-07-2022, 01:57 PM
Colts over Texans

Millennial_Messiah
09-07-2022, 05:46 PM
I'll just rip off the band aid and go with Bills over Rams.

Bengals over Steelers

ditto with SFS as to band aid approach

raiders over chargers

You guys all really want to lose and be out of this thread fast, tbh?

SpursforSix
09-08-2022, 12:36 PM
You guys all really want to lose and be out of this thread fast, tbh?

it's more time to fuck your mom...it's breakeven to me

Millennial_Messiah
09-08-2022, 12:53 PM
it's more time to fuck your mom...it's breakeven to me

you're the avante of necrophilia.

SpursforSix
09-08-2022, 12:57 PM

oh...my bad. She's always been a cold fish in bed. I had no idea. You should probably make arrangements to have her picked up. Also, I guess...can you Venmo me ten dollars? Or I guess prorate based on however long she was alive.

SpursforSix
09-08-2022, 01:02 PM

when did she pass? I want to make sure she didn't have the baby.

Millennial_Messiah
09-08-2022, 01:04 PM
when did she pass? I want to make sure she didn't have the baby.

2018 August at age 67 from complications related to infection from pace maker surgery

SpursforSix
09-08-2022, 01:08 PM
2018 August at age 67 from complications related to infection from pace maker surgery

Weird. This is from March of 2022. From you.

well shit, my mom drinks nothing but diet coke and coffee and has her whole life... fortunately I guess the coffee is good for long term brain activity. Then again, my grandmother drank diet coke her whole life and never got Alzheimer's.... it was the cigarettes that killed her (lung failure). I do think there is a significant correlation and causation there and I detest the taste of aspartame so I would never drink that anyway.

Sugar is the lesser of the two evils and if you exercise regularly (not necessarily going to the gym and lifting, but walking and running around, occasionally playing sports etc) then sugar isn't even a really big problem. I also don't eat candy or store-bought desserts. Homemade desserts are much less unhealthy. I go without dessert most of the time anyway or will often eat fruit for dessert. I prefer savory over sweet stuff. Most of my sugar is consumed through drinking pop (mostly ginger ale), but I do water it down by about 30% because it's too sweet and syrupy for my tastes right out of the bottle/can.

Millennial_Messiah
09-08-2022, 01:14 PM
Weird. This is from March of 2022. From you.

sorry, I was referring to my grandmother

SpursforSix
09-08-2022, 01:16 PM

damn. that makes me melancholy. She always took in the ass with no complaints. RIP MM Grandmother

SpursforSix
09-08-2022, 01:17 PM

So your mom is alive? Asking for a friend.

Millennial_Messiah
09-08-2022, 01:19 PM
So your mom is alive? Asking for a friend.

Quasi

SpursforSix
09-08-2022, 01:21 PM
Quasi

soooo...can she get pregnant? asking for a friend

Millennial_Messiah
09-08-2022, 01:33 PM
soooo...can she get pregnant? asking for a friend

that ship sailed around 20 years ago. All the old boxes of tampons remaining in the house ended up going to a girlfriend I had in college that didn't last

SpursforSix
09-08-2022, 01:35 PM
that ship sailed around 20 years ago. All the old boxes of tampons remaining in the house ended up going to a girlfriend I had in college that didn't last

man...you just took a load off of my mind.

SpursforSix
09-08-2022, 01:36 PM

off my friend's mind I meant

Millennial_Messiah
09-08-2022, 01:50 PM

Multiple personality

off my friend's mind I meant

Disorder :lol

Millennial_Messiah
09-08-2022, 01:53 PM
you and chucho can join the geriatrics club. maybe joey too, idk. maybe you can join the joey club and get calf tats but with a purple Lakers-stylized "L". I guess calf tats that say "L" would be more epic fail than spurs calf tats.

SpursforSix
09-08-2022, 02:05 PM
you and chucho can join the geriatrics club. maybe joey too, idk. maybe you can join the joey club and get calf tats but with a purple Lakers-stylized "L". I guess calf tats that say "L" would be more epic fail than spurs calf tats.

Idk. I'm too old for tattoos. I'll just keep fucking your mom in the butt.

Blake
09-08-2022, 06:45 PM
NFL odds Week 1
Odds courtesy of Caesar's

Game Spread
Buffalo Bills at Los Angeles Rams BUF -2.5
Cleveland Browns at Carolina Panthers CAR -2.5
New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins MIA -3
Philadelphia Eagles at Detroit Lions PHI -4
Baltimore Ravens at New York Jets BAL -7
San Francisco 49ers at Chicago Bears SF -7
Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans IND -7
Jacksonville Jaguars at Washington Commanders WSH -2.5
New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons NO -5.5
Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals CIN -6.5
Kansas City Chiefs at Arizona Cardinals KAN -6
Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings GB -1.5
Las Vegas Raiders at Los Angeles Chargers LA -3
New York Giants at Tennessee Titans TEN -5.5
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Dallas Cowboys TB -2.5
Denver Broncos at Seattle Seahawks DEN -6.5

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-odds-lines-spreads-week-1/wtq0fgkwbmps0sftbuvknima

Blake
09-08-2022, 06:47 PM
Week 1: Titans over Giants

Millennial_Messiah
09-08-2022, 07:18 PM
Week 1: Titans over Giants

that's actually a pretty good one, I overlooked it.

TheCultOfPersonality
09-11-2022, 11:55 AM
Eagles over Lions

Robz4000
09-11-2022, 03:33 PM
What was the rule on ties again?

Millennial_Messiah
09-11-2022, 04:55 PM
What was the rule on ties again?

you are still in the game, but since it's a tie, if a second pick ends in a tie then you lose.

BD24
09-12-2022, 12:31 PM
Well fuck me. Adios y’all.

Robz4000
09-12-2022, 01:33 PM

:lol same. First time I've lost the very first week.

DAF86
09-12-2022, 04:43 PM
Fuck, I'm late for this.

DAF86
09-12-2022, 04:47 PM
Can I play if I choose Broncos over Seahwaks, Darth_Pelican?

lefty20
09-12-2022, 04:56 PM
I too will take Broncos over Hawks, assuming it's not too late to join in.

Blake
09-12-2022, 05:24 PM

:lol same. First time I've lost the very first week.

Lol me too. What a fucked up week

Millennial_Messiah
09-12-2022, 06:30 PM
I picked Broncos over Seahawks before the season started so if we both the 3 of us all die on the same week DAF86 lefty20, I win the tiebreaker over y'all.... capeesh?

Darth_Pelican
09-12-2022, 06:46 PM
Yeah that’s fine

DAF86
09-12-2022, 08:28 PM
I picked Broncos over Seahawks before the season started so if we both the 3 of us all die on the same week DAF86 lefty20, I win the tiebreaker over y'all.... capeesh?

You should lose it by having options and still going with this game, tbh. In normal circumstances I would have stayed the fuck away from this.

lefty20
09-12-2022, 10:10 PM
:rollin

Robz4000
09-12-2022, 10:12 PM
:lol everybody dying in week one

Millennial_Messiah
09-12-2022, 10:12 PM
:lmao And just like that, I'm out week 1 as well.

Epic fail.

McManus just sucks ass, especially in the clutch. He's one of those kickers who rarely misses most of the time, but if it comes down to winning or tying the game, he always fucking misses. :lol

Worst Week 1 of all time for kickers and field goal kicking. Set the position and special teams back an entire generation.

DAF86
09-12-2022, 10:17 PM
You should lose it by having options and still going with this game, tbh. In normal circumstances I would have stayed the fuck away from this.

Yep. Chiefs over Cards and Ravens over Jets were the only safe bets in the entire week 1.

Millennial_Messiah
09-13-2022, 07:35 AM
Yep. Chiefs over Cards and Ravens over Jets were the only safe bets in the entire week 1.

Denver was far the better team, not really even because of QB but because the WRs and TEs were running good routes and running well after the catch, drawing PIs, the running game was working well for Denver (except at the goal line lol) and the Denver defense was solid too; Bradley Chubb was a beast especially late. They just bungled the game by having a terrible special teams, and not just missing the last kick but also the field position game on kickoffs, as well as constantly shooting themselves in the foot with double digit penalties for triple digit penalty yards. Russell Wilson deserves some blame for wasting a down on the last series by pulling a Dak by pump-fake-fumbling and then picking it up but since the arm was forward it was called incomplete, that was 2nd down, and then on 3rd down he missed a wide-open Jerry Jeudy over the middle which would have put them in comfortable field goal range, instead checking it down to the halfback just like Dak does with Pollard and Zeke in those situations, leading to the 4th & 5.

So yeah... Hackett was bad with decision making, Wilson made poor decisions down the stretch, and the goal line fumbles cost them 14 points... but Denver still should have easily won the game. They were the better team. You can't have 13 or 14 penalties, many of them the undisciplined pre-snap and unnecessary roughness variety, and expect to win on the road in the NFL.

Millennial_Messiah
09-13-2022, 07:48 AM

Chiefs over Arizona was the really only safe bet and that's because Arizona has taken a big step back on both sides of the ball and Murray isn't what he was pre-injury half a season ago. And because KC under Andy Reid is 9-1 in opening week-1 games, many of them difficult and on the road. He knows how to get a team ready for the season, even if it's Alex Smith going up against Tom Brady.

I had the Jets beating Baltimore because I just don't think Jackson is that good anymore post-injuries, and I was right about that part, but instead it assumes the Jets are as terrible as ever on both sides of the ball and we already know Flacco's arm is just shot. The Jets will be lucky to win 2-3 games this year. Baltimore with Jackson on a contract year but having to use his legs less due to the injuries and worried about the contract, will probably go around 9-8 or so and be lucky to contend for a wild card birth. That division is wonky; all 4 teams could be good, mediocre, or worse than mediocre. We don't know yet.

Anyways, I think my football season is pretty much done week 1, and not just for the survivor thread. I'll chip in here and there, but, with Dallas QB1 out most of the season (they might as well shut him down and tank if Dallas is 1-9 or so and he's "ready to return" but the Eagles are 8-3 and competing for a Super Bowl)... it really seems like this year's NFL season is going to be a dud.

Also, seeing players at every fucking position except o-line, even d-line, wearing single digit jersey numbers is fucking stupid and has made the viewing experience worse. Which is weird because I've watched the NBA my whole life up until 2017 and jersey numbers were never really attached to position in the NBA, but in the NFL it seems like a tradition which Goodell and company fucked up for no reason. I was all in favor of letting anyone RB/WR/DB wear anything from 20-49 and WRs 10-49 and 80-89, TEs 30-49 and 80-89, off ball LBs 40-59 and on-ball OLB 90-99 or 40-59, D-line 50-79 and 90-99, O-line 60-79 only. But the only positions that should be wearing single digits are quarterback, kicker, punter, and long snapper (would help the refs identify who needs to be "protected" from "leverage" [i.e. the Bobby Wagner rule] on those special teams situations).

MultiTroll
09-13-2022, 10:26 AM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/mighty355/images/6/6f/Ralph_Wiggum_with_a_Banana.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20180219093612

https://youtu.be/GFuhRt6v27Y
I had the Jets beating Baltimore because I just don't think Jackson is that good anymore post-injuries,

Anyways, I think my football season is pretty much done week 1, and not just for the survivor thread.

DAF86
09-13-2022, 11:11 AM
Denver was far the better team, not really even because of QB but because the WRs and TEs were running good routes and running well after the catch, drawing PIs, the running game was working well for Denver (except at the goal line lol) and the Denver defense was solid too; Bradley Chubb was a beast especially late. They just bungled the game by having a terrible special teams, and not just missing the last kick but also the field position game on kickoffs, as well as constantly shooting themselves in the foot with double digit penalties for triple digit penalty yards. Russell Wilson deserves some blame for wasting a down on the last series by pulling a Dak by pump-fake-fumbling and then picking it up but since the arm was forward it was called incomplete, that was 2nd down, and then on 3rd down he missed a wide-open Jerry Jeudy over the middle which would have put them in comfortable field goal range, instead checking it down to the halfback just like Dak does with Pollard and Zeke in those situations, leading to the 4th & 5.

So yeah... Hackett was bad with decision making, Wilson made poor decisions down the stretch, and the goal line fumbles cost them 14 points... but Denver still should have easily won the game. They were the better team. You can't have 13 or 14 penalties, many of them the undisciplined pre-snap and unnecessary roughness variety, and expect to win on the road in the NFL.

It doesn't matter if Denver ends up proving to be the better team down the road. In a Survivor game like this, you always need to go with the safest bet possible. I had to choose one team in this game because I got late, but in normal circumstances I would have went with Chiefs over Cardinals. This Broncos-Seahwaks game was too close to call.

First of all it was played in Seatle with all the motivation of having Wilson on the other side. And then, the Seahawks have been a good team for quite some time, while the Broncos all the opposite. A QB change won't automatically change years of patterns in just one week.

spurraider21
09-13-2022, 11:54 AM
good riddance, see ya guys next year :tu

Blake
09-13-2022, 12:05 PM
good riddance, see ya guys next year :tu

Enjoy your winnings

TheCultOfPersonality
09-13-2022, 12:20 PM
Eagles over Lions
I 'm going further than I did last year.

DeadlyDynasty
09-14-2022, 05:13 AM
Week 2: Packers over Bears

DeadlyDynasty
09-14-2022, 05:19 AM
It doesn't matter if Denver ends up proving to be the better team down the road. In a Survivor game like this, you always need to go with the safest bet possible. I had to choose one team in this game because I got late, but in normal circumstances I would have went with Chiefs over Cardinals. This Broncos-Seahwaks game was too close to call.

First of all it was played in Seatle with all the motivation of having Wilson on the other side. And then, the Seahawks have been a good team for quite some time, while the Broncos all the opposite. A QB change won't automatically change years of patterns in just one week.
This. After years of trying to be clever, the only sensible method is choosing slam-dunks for as long as you can, don’t leave any bullets in the chamber. Just about every year you lose over 75-80% of the contestants after 6 weeks.

With that said, I’ll admit picking the Vikings in Week 1 wasn’t a slam dunk, but I loved their off-season and I was banking on GB dropping their annual Week 1 deuce, which luckily they did.

chunticakes
09-14-2022, 01:33 PM
Bengals over Cowboys

SpursforSix
09-14-2022, 04:37 PM
Browns over Jets

Blake
09-14-2022, 06:15 PM
Browns over Jets

I think this is the key to every season.

Darth_Pelican
09-14-2022, 06:55 PM

Week 2: Broncos over Texans

MultiTroll
09-15-2022, 10:10 AM
Week 2.

Since tonights Thursday night game is the beginning of Week 2, i motion that all selections must be made today before the start of the game.

Blake
09-15-2022, 12:17 PM
Why should it matter as long as you pick before your team kicks off

MultiTroll
09-15-2022, 02:51 PM
Why should it matter as long as you pick before your team kicks off
Easy.
Because a L or W by say a same Division team can and does effect other teams games. Not as much in these early season games, certainly does in later season playoff In or Out scenario games.

MultiTroll
09-15-2022, 02:54 PM
Bills over Titans my Week 2 pick.

Blake
09-16-2022, 12:21 PM
Easy.
Because a L or W by say a same Division team can and does effect other teams games. Not as much in these early season games, certainly does in later season playoff In or Out scenario games.

You mean like if the Chiefs sit Patrick because they have a first round bye?

Eh yeah I guess

MultiTroll
09-16-2022, 12:28 PM
You mean like if the Chiefs sit Patrick because they have a first round bye?

Eh yeah I guess
Exactly.
This just keeps it a clean game.

No prizes etc on SpursTalk for this Survivor, so minor point.

TheCultOfPersonality
09-18-2022, 03:33 AM
Eagles over Lions
Rams over Falcons

Darth_Pelican
09-19-2022, 10:20 AM
Bengals over Cowboys

Browns over Jets

ouch

MultiTroll
09-20-2022, 07:58 PM
1. Ravens
Bills over Titans my Week 2 pick.
3. Chiefs over Indy Colts

Darth_Pelican
09-21-2022, 10:15 AM
Week 2: Broncos over Texans

Week 3 pick: Chargers over Jaguars

DeadlyDynasty
09-23-2022, 12:34 AM
Week 2: Packers over Bears
This is actually a pretty difficult week, only sure-fire bet I see is this week's pick:

Week 3: Chargers over Jaguars

TheCultOfPersonality
09-25-2022, 06:55 AM
Week 1: Eagles over Lions
Week 2: Rams over Falcons
Week 3: Bills over Dolphins

DeadlyDynasty
09-25-2022, 09:14 AM
y'all know that the Bills entire starting secondary as well as their 2 best pass-rushing DTs are out, right? So mostly back-ups with no depth behind them going against 2 burners in the 100-degree heat and humidity

DeadlyDynasty
09-25-2022, 11:32 AM
Now our starting center is out too. Wtf is going on?

Darth_Pelican
09-25-2022, 06:07 PM
Everyone is eliminated

Robz4000
09-25-2022, 06:30 PM
Everyone is eliminated

:lol by week 3 no less

DeadlyDynasty
09-26-2022, 06:25 AM
Weird season, only the Dolphins and Eagles are undefeated, and Miami should be 1-2

DAF86
09-26-2022, 09:18 PM
Weird season, only the Dolphins and Eagles are undefeated, and Miami should be 1-2

Giants say hi.

DAF86
09-26-2022, 09:55 PM
Giants say bye.

Millennial_Messiah
09-27-2022, 12:51 PM

:lol butthurt you lost to a butt punt

:lol trash allen noodle arming a wide open TD pass into the dirt on 4th & goal from the 2 with all the chips on the line

:lol couldn't get the snap off at the end like wack prescott

:lol trash allen

Millennial_Messiah
09-27-2022, 12:52 PM
Giants say bye.

:tu

MultiTroll
09-27-2022, 04:38 PM
and Miami should be 1-2
Amen.
That Ravens 4th qtr giveaway was one of the worst in the last 10 years.
90% of us could have thrown that completely blown coverage lob to Tyreek to tie it up.

DeadlyDynasty
09-28-2022, 02:59 AM
:lol butthurt you lost to a butt punt

:lol trash allen noodle arming a wide open TD pass into the dirt on 4th & goal from the 2 with all the chips on the line

:lol couldn't get the snap off at the end like wack prescott

:lol trash allen
Try harder

leemajors
09-28-2022, 09:46 AM
Try harder

I don't think he can.