PDA

View Full Version : Googlemap your friendly neighborhood SEX OFFENDER

Samr
11-30-2005, 11:23 PM
http://www.mapsexoffenders.com/

None live too near me, but I know there are some parents on the board who might genuinley be interested.

Bonus points if they marked your house.

N.Y. Johnny
11-30-2005, 11:26 PM
http://www.pbs.org/pov/borders/2004/images/air_hybrid_p2_videopic.jpg

"YOU INVITED A SEX OFFENDER TO DINNER????????"

Trooper 2112
11-30-2005, 11:36 PM

:lol it was funny when the little girl was choking and the sex offender was the only one who knew how to save her.

Samr
11-30-2005, 11:58 PM
I may have some houses to egg..........

Seriously, if an FSP member turns up on there I will legitimately shit myself. And then back away as quickly as possible.

(Curb Your Enthusiasm is great and I loved that episode!!)

cecil collins
12-01-2005, 02:53 AM
Very interesting.

Vashner
12-01-2005, 04:37 AM
Check Michael Jackson's Mosque.

alamo50
12-01-2005, 06:17 AM
:wow

SpursWoman
12-01-2005, 07:02 AM
There's one right by my kids' elementary school. :wow

SpursWoman
12-01-2005, 09:13 AM
I wonder how current that information is ... I drove by the house that they listed in my neighborhood (because I do everyday I drop my kids off at school), and realized that that's the house that just sold for $700K about a month ago. :wow :wow :wow

CharlieMac
12-01-2005, 09:45 AM

The recent "big vagina" episode is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. When that cell phone goes off........

desflood
12-01-2005, 10:58 AM
So help me God, there's one practically right across the street. Or rather, so help him if I ever see him...

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Holy shit! I have one just down the street!

ShoogarBear
12-01-2005, 11:05 AM
You won't find Karla Homolka anywhere on the map . . .

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/11/30/sex.slayings.ap/index.html

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-01-2005, 11:14 AM
I just put in the address of my parents place in SA. They live about three blocks from Clear Springs Elementary. According to this thing there's an offender right across the street from it. His offense? Indecency with a child. I don't see what could possibly go wrong here.

fraga
12-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Awww shit they're fuckin everywhere....

SpursWoman
12-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Oh, damn....there's an 80 year old man with an aggrevated sexual assaut against a 12 year old girl by my best friend's house... :wow :wow

80???!?! WTF? She couldn't run away from that one??

mookie2001
12-01-2005, 12:47 PM
say that I'm taking the sex offenders side or whatever
but this is total bullshit
do they have a car thief map or a DWI map
I would like to know if a drunk driver or marauder lives next to me

its total fear-mongering, "flags for orphans" type laws
its like youre going to let your kids go into strangers house anyway if they werent sex offenders
these people that live on the same street get notices anyway
if theyre still a real threat lock these pervs up
not to mention at least half of them are convicted on sluts claiming daterape and 18 year olds having relations with 16 year olds

SpursWoman
12-01-2005, 01:22 PM

They could all have pink license plates one day... :spin

its like youre going to let your kids go into strangers house anyway

I agree ... I pray they listen to my (and their schools, too) warnings about stranger danger. :tu

boutons
12-01-2005, 01:29 PM
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/gm/2005/gm051130.gif

Horry For 3!
12-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Holy shit, this lady lives near where I used to live is a sex offender. :lol

Horry For 3!
12-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Theres 2 male sex offenders that live like a block from me :lmao

Duncan21
12-01-2005, 02:01 PM
you can even register for alert for when one moves near you, that site is fuckin brilliant

2Blonde
12-01-2005, 02:59 PM
I've got one about a half a mile from me that's female. It says she exposed herself to a ten year old little boy when she was 39. She is now 49. WTF is wrong with her? Maybe she was his teacher.. :lol

Marklar MM
12-01-2005, 03:19 PM
I have one 12 doors away. :/

CRIMINAL SEXUAL CONDUCT 4TH DEGREE(INCAPACITATED VICTIM)

Marklar MM
12-01-2005, 03:22 PM
I've got one about a half a mile from me that's female. It says she exposed herself to a ten year old little boy when she was 39. She is now 49. WTF is wrong with her? Maybe she was his teacher.. :lol

I doubt the kid was mad. He was probably trying to get the charges dropped so she could do more illegal stuff to him. :)

tlongII
12-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Oregon isn't mapped dammit!

Marklar MM
12-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Oregon isn't mapped dammit!

According to Steve Colbert, Oregon would be part of Canada. :) That is what the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is, anyway, as he says.

easjer
12-01-2005, 03:31 PM
say that I'm taking the sex offenders side or whatever
but this is total bullshit
I would like to know if a drunk driver or marauder lives next to me

its total fear-mongering, "flags for orphans" type laws
its like youre going to let your kids go into strangers house anyway if they werent sex offenders
these people that live on the same street get notices anyway
if theyre still a real threat lock these pervs up
not to mention at least half of them are convicted on sluts claiming daterape and 18 year olds having relations with 16 year olds

I so wholeheartedly agree with this. It's a complete injustice that sex offenders (but no other felony offenders) are required to register. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to live near one, but if you are going to require one sect to register and expose them to potential danger from freak vigilantes then you damn well better require them all to register. I am not going to be less upset if my child is murdered because some asshole murderer didn't have to register.

Apart from that, I am vary wary of the label 'sex offender' because I think it's largely a way for reporters to inflame the public and make 'hardhitting' news during slow news cycles. When offenses are described, it's slightly better. But I know someone who will forver be a sex offender, required to register, because he slept with his 17 year old girlfriend after he turned 18, and her parents were furious and had him prosecuted for statutory rape. He had to serve jail-time because the judge was trying to 'make a statement' with his case. So now . . . I am wary of things like this.

2Blonde
12-01-2005, 03:56 PM
I think the sex offender databases have serious flaws, mainly because of things that easjer mentioned. Most people don't take the time to sort out the facts behind why someone is on the database to begin with. But I don't think adding other felony databases would help even things out. How would knowing that your neighbor robbed a bank 15 years ago make you or your child any safer?

Marklar MM
12-01-2005, 04:48 PM
How would knowing that your neighbor robbed a bank 15 years ago make you or your child any safer?

Lock the damn windows and doors with every lock imaginable...he may steal my damn computer.

Samr
12-01-2005, 05:40 PM
I don't want to get into too much of a debate on this, as I believe it is purely personal opinion and neither side is completely right or completely wrong, but I like the fact that sex offenders are listed, provided that their crimes involve children (there is my caveat).

A drunk driver, bank robber, etc. is not mentally "ill," and chances are that he or she will eventually grow out of the phase, or learn from it. A sex offender (again, the caveat being with children) is, in my opinion, permanently mentally ill. There is some fundamental, and unchangable, chemical or mental inballance if a grown adult commits a crude or licentious act with a child. And that being the case, it means that the afore-mentioned sex offender is capable, and likely, to do it again. The best way to protect oneself is to first acknowledge the situation, and from the prospective of a parent (I am not one- speaking hypothetically), I'd like to be aware of the potential harm towards my children.

2Blonde
12-01-2005, 05:53 PM
I agree with you Samr about liking the fact that sex offenders are listed. I hope my post didn't come off as looking like I thought they shouldn't be listed. I just think there are flaws in the listing system and many people are on there who shouldn't be.

easjer
12-01-2005, 06:03 PM
I don't want to get into too much of a debate on this, as I believe it is purely personal opinion and neither side is completely right or completely wrong, but I like the fact that sex offenders are listed, provided that their crimes involve children (there is my caveat).

A drunk driver, bank robber, etc. is not mentally "ill," and chances are that he or she will eventually grow out of the phase, or learn from it. A sex offender (again, the caveat being with children) is, in my opinion, permanently mentally ill. There is some fundamental, and unchangable, chemical or mental inballance if a grown adult commits a crude or licentious act with a child. And that being the case, it means that the afore-mentioned sex offender is capable, and likely, to do it again. The best way to protect oneself is to first acknowledge the situation, and from the prospective of a parent (I am not one- speaking hypothetically), I'd like to be aware of the potential harm towards my children.

I can't wholly disagree with you. However - there is no evidence that these people are any more or less mentally disturbed than a murderer or drug dealer, and that they couldn't be rehabilitated (yes, I'm aware of the recommision of crime rate) with proper care as murderers and car theives are. So unless you are going to register everyone, I think it unfair and against civil rights to register anyone.

That said, these are sick people I don't want around me or my kids. But there are a lot of mistakes and mistaken identities. And what about all those pervs living by schools? That is almost always against the conditions of their parole or probation, but nothing is done to move them.

I'm not usually a fan of civil rights (being a registered Republican and all - unless you want to take my gun of course) but this is one that I think is unfair and should be an all or nothing proposition.

Prefontaine
12-01-2005, 06:04 PM
:wow :wow i have 5 within 5 miles of my house!

sa_butta
12-01-2005, 06:33 PM
There is one in my Apartment Complex. Luckily on the other side of the complex but still pretty shitty. I dont know if you guys saw this before but I worked with this guy and he was wanted a week after he quit. Here is the video of the story again in case you missed it.

http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/[email protected]

alamo50
12-01-2005, 06:55 PM
:wow :wow i have 5 within 5 miles of my house!

Love the avatar with your comment!

:lol

E20
12-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Wow, I have 12 of them living around my house, Elementry School, Middle School and High School.

ShoogarBear
12-01-2005, 07:29 PM
There is one of them in the Rose Garden in Portland!

midgetonadonkey
12-01-2005, 07:32 PM
There are a shitload around my house. Luckily it's all little girls they were after. I have nothing to fear.

SpursWoman
12-01-2005, 07:35 PM
There are a shitload around my house. Luckily it's all little girls they were after. I have nothing to fear.

D'oh!!

I was waiting for that response. :lmao