PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Top 100 Players for 22-23 Season

KingKev
09-22-2022, 07:15 AM
These lists are never very good, thought Keldon would have maybe broken top 100. DJ @ 42.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34552302/nbarank-2022-ranking-best-players-2022-23-100-26

The Truth #6
09-22-2022, 11:21 AM
No Yak, either. But every other Frankenstein center is on the list. Spurs definitely get forgotten. But let’s wait for two first round picks? Granted ESPN does not dictate trade value per se, but it’s telling nonetheless. They may have to end up trading Yak to a team with a coach who already has experience with him… I mean, that’s sort of what was going on with the Charlotte supposed trade. And Boston. And GS. Just speculating on a hypothesis…

ragas
09-22-2022, 01:10 PM
So Jakob will be traded to the Las Vegas Aces? 😂

TD 21
09-22-2022, 04:59 PM
No Yak, either. But every other Frankenstein center is on the list. Spurs definitely get forgotten. But let’s wait for two first round picks? Granted ESPN does not dictate trade value per se, but it’s telling nonetheless. They may have to end up trading Yak to a team with a coach who already has experience with him… I mean, that’s sort of what was going on with the Charlotte supposed trade. And Boston. And GS. Just speculating on a hypothesis…

Part of me wants Henderson over Wembanyama for this very reason because the former is the exact type of player who'd typically be overhyped nationally, but you just know would be buried as a Spur.

As for the list, it's terrible, which is an annual tradition for ESPN. Too many cooks in the kitchen and agenda driven narrative overload.

objective
09-22-2022, 11:12 PM
No SA player can get respect.

Remember DeRozan at 82 his last year with the Spurs? Changes teams and bumps up 40 spots for simply changing teams.

And I'm not the biggest Keldon believer but guy who averaged 20 after White was traded getting ranked below Grant Williams and Brandon Clarke? Ouch