View Full Version : Reports: Celtics’ Ime Udoka to be suspended 1 year; considering resignation

ducks
09-22-2022, 11:32 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports-celtics-ime-udoka-suspended-155437345.html

Ariel
09-22-2022, 11:40 AM
You can't come back to lead a group after a 1 year suspension. Incredible turn of events... I understand the concerns, the legal implications and the times, but if this was a consensual relationship between two adults with nothing else going on, it may be a bit too harsh on Ime.

KingKev
09-22-2022, 11:49 AM
Harsh but he already knew what time is was when he signed his deal. Hopefully the chick(s) were hot.

We need a coach… Hmmmmm

Leetonidas
09-22-2022, 11:51 AM
You can't come back to lead a group after a 1 year suspension. Incredible turn of events... I understand the concerns, the legal implications and the times, but if this was a consensual relationship between two adults with nothing else going on, it may be a bit too harsh on Ime.

This is pretty standard in most business though. Upper management or people in positions of power should not be fucking their subordinates. This doesn't just apply to the NBA but really any professional setting imo

Dverde
09-22-2022, 11:55 AM
Dick Jefferson dropping truth bombs

https://twitter.com/rjeff24/status/1572986138335547394

KingKev
09-22-2022, 12:00 PM
This is the world we live in. Give him 10 games and get back to work but at this point its money and big business and you need to extinguish this shit quickly and severely to manage future repercussions. celts are just hedging a future possible liability but that insurance was damn pricey.

He is going to rebound no problem.

Righteous PATFO should reach out and preach anout atonement and forgiveness and make him a good ol boy again.

Leetonidas
09-22-2022, 12:56 PM
I heard speculation that he was fucking an executive VPs wife :lol if true I can see why they suspended him for a year. definitely seems heavy handed but that's why you don't shit where you eat tbh

Larry O
09-22-2022, 01:05 PM
WOW! This was shocking news yesterday, but to hear that this involves an "improper relation with a female staffer," is a BIG shock! Oh WOW! Will Nia Long stand by her man, or is it so long, Ime? Maybe he can clear his name? I think Boston may let him go, if true, and his coaching career could be in jeopardy, unless PATFO takes him back later as an assistant again to give him a hand up. But this is not good for the Pop coaching tree right now. Sad to hear.

ragas
09-22-2022, 01:06 PM
It would be pretty empty in the office if it would be handled like that in our company. Ok, if he fucked the wife of another executive, than it‘s understandable, otherwise…

The Truth #6
09-22-2022, 01:10 PM
Yeah, there had to be some sort of political game going on here. As it was consensual but he was having an affair and she was about to sue maybe, or yeah, he was fucking someone up the ladder, so to speak. Crazy. It had to be a problem with ownership because why would they fuck up their chance to ring? A GM would definitely bury that shit to try and win a title. Weird.

KingKev
09-22-2022, 01:15 PM
WOW! This was shocking news yesterday, but to hear that this involves an "improper relation with a female staffer," is a BIG shock! Oh WOW! Will Nia Long stand by her man, or is it so long, Ime? Maybe he can clear his name? I think Boston may let him go, if true, and his coaching career could be in jeopardy, unless PATFO takes him back later as an assistant again to give him a hand up. But this is not good for the Pop coaching tree right now. Sad to hear.

hahahah oh man. PATFO to the rescue!!!! I hope this is sarcasm.

KingKev
09-22-2022, 01:17 PM
Yeah, there had to be some sort of political game going on here. As it was consensual but he was having an affair and she was about to sue maybe, or yeah, he was fucking someone up the ladder, so to speak. Crazy. It had to be a problem with ownership because why would they fuck up their chance to ring? A GM would definitely bury that shit to try and win a title. Weird.

Per Stephen A Smith’s rant this afternoon on ESPN it’s because he is a brother.

ginobilized
09-22-2022, 01:23 PM
Happens all the time........rarely called out

My takeaway: Don't stick your dick in the cash register

ducks
09-22-2022, 01:29 PM

I guess they got rid of Becky so he could not fuck her !

The Truth #6
09-22-2022, 01:31 PM

SAS with the reasoned take as usual. Having said that, Boston is usually known as the most racist city in the country historically, and yeah, if he slept with a white woman who is married to an owner or something like that, then yeah I could see that causing this, and the one year suspension would be a way to fire him without firing him.

But I have no idea about the details and I’m just totally throwing out random speculations because that’s what we do online.

ducks
09-22-2022, 01:31 PM

Oh yes his skin color because his blood is red like everyone

Blacks everything is about color of skin
Did Stephen ever think he was hired only because he was a brother

Ariel
09-22-2022, 01:37 PM
SAS with the reasoned take as usual. Having said that, Boston is usually known as the most racist city in the country historically, and yeah, if he slept with a white woman who is married to an owner or something like that, then yeah I could see that causing this, and the one year suspension would be a way to fire him without firing him.

But I have no idea about the details and I’m just totally throwing out random speculations because that’s what we do online.
Didn't want to say that as I am not an American, but that's about the first thing that crossed my mind (that either such was the case, or that it could be presented as such even if it wasn't)

Mugen
09-22-2022, 01:41 PM
Would be great to bring him in after the year when hopefully the old man is gone tbh :lol

Chomag
09-22-2022, 02:13 PM
Taking advice From TP might not have been the most wisest of choices.

I'm sorry! I had to yall !!

The Truth #6
09-22-2022, 02:23 PM
This is definitely a weird situation the more you think about it. Should the woman get suspended also? If she was his subordinate then perhaps not. But it’s open to debate, such as why her identity is shielded. It really paints him as a perpetrator, and I guess if he was her boss then it is to some degree for sure but not completely.

exstatic
09-22-2022, 02:39 PM
He should quit. One year? For a consensual affair? Good luck finding another coach.

BacktoBasics
09-22-2022, 02:40 PM
Oh yes his skin color because his blood is red like everyone

Blacks everything is about color of skin
Did Stephen ever think he was hired only because he was a brotherShut the fuck up you racist piece of shit.

BacktoBasics
09-22-2022, 02:45 PM
This is definitely a weird situation the more you think about it. Should the woman get suspended also? If she was his subordinate then perhaps not. But it’s open to debate, such as why her identity is shielded. It really paints him as a perpetrator, and I guess if he was her boss then it is to some degree for sure but not completely.
That’s exactly what it does. Deliberately leaving her name out suggests she’s a victim. The talk of suspension basically implies that he coerced or leveraged her in some way and to a degree criminalizes the act.

The only thing the two did wrong was possibly not informing the team of the relationship. Not like it’s any of their business anyway. The whole idea that a business can ban consensual relationships is absurdity.

KingKev
09-22-2022, 03:18 PM
That’s exactly what it does. Deliberately leaving her name out suggests she’s a victim. The talk of suspension basically implies that he coerced or leveraged her in some way and to a degree criminalizes the act.

The only thing the two did wrong was possibly not informing the team of the relationship. Not like it’s any of their business anyway. The whole idea that a business can ban consensual relationships is absurdity.

Cheerleaders have been barred from fking the players for years. I don’t care for this likely decision to suspend him for a year but there is precedence both explicit in contractual agreements and implicit in corporate culture not to play this way because it might get back to you. Ime took a chance and is paying the price.

Celts are getting ahead of the risk of future backlash and probably more importantly, financial liability.

Ime will rebound fine so long as it was consensual.

The Spurs should be gearing up to do their due diligence on the situation and make him an offer if it check out.

DPG21920
09-22-2022, 03:22 PM
Doesn’t matter if it’s consensual. I mean it does, because it’s way worse if it’s not, but just it being consensual is not enough to make it harmless. Especially with all the emphasis on nba workplace environments with Rosas, Sarver and Mavs.

Imagine being a Celtics employee and thinking you didn’t get a job over who he slept with because she was sleeping with him? Or that you know of the inappropriate relationship but can’t say anything out of fear of retaliation. Or thinking that’s the culture if you want to get in good/move up.

Lots of issues and sucks because Ime obviously isn’t Sarver; just a really poor decision in an environment that no longer tolerates that.

BacktoBasics
09-22-2022, 03:22 PM
Cheerleaders have been barred from fking the players for years. I don’t care for this likely decision to suspend him for a year but there is precedence both explicit in contractual agreements and implicit in corporate culture not to play this way because it might get back to you. Ime took a chance and is paying the price.

Celts are getting ahead of the risk of future backlash and probably more importantly, financial liability.

Ime will rebound fine so long as it was consensual.

The Spurs should be gearing up to do their due diligence on the situation and make him an offer if it check out.

I completely understand what you’re saying. The team is well within their rights to take action. Of any kind for that matter.

My gripe is way more about making him out to be an offender while protecting the other consenting party.

But again I understand the legality of it all.

Chinook
09-22-2022, 03:23 PM
"Romances" in the office are often forbidden. The media knows about Ime because he's a public figure. He's facing a bigger punishment because he's higher up in the org. Most of this isn't suspicious. The part that is is that one of the women is supposedly married to a VP on the team, and that guy is sho pushed for the suspension being so long. His feelings shouldn't have any bearing here. A year is fine if that's what it was always going to be. But you can't let folks make up new punishments because of pride.

DPG21920
09-22-2022, 03:31 PM
Absolutely you can. When organizations rely on culture it’s a big time difference sleeping with a bosses wife vs random employee. It escalates the hostile work environment

KingKev
09-22-2022, 03:31 PM
I completely understand what you’re saying. The team is well within their rights to take action. Of any kind for that matter.

My gripe is way more about making him out to be an offender while protecting the other consenting party.

But again I understand the legality of it all.

I’d hope she gets a nice reprimanding also. Ime is getting lawyered up right now and I suspect he gets paid his whole contract and everyone moves on.

Chinook
09-22-2022, 03:47 PM
Absolutely you can. When organizations rely on culture it’s a big time difference sleeping with a bosses wife vs random employee. It escalates the hostile work environment

Nah. If the boss' wife is an employee, then the punishment should be the same. That VP being mad isn't more serious than any other employee. That's even more true since some suit is way more replaceable than many other employees. I think having a harsh punishment is fine. Just keep it consistent.

The Truth #6
09-22-2022, 04:00 PM
If he slept with someone who isn’t his subordinate, then his unilateral suspension starts looking less justified. I mean if she is the wife of someone in the front office and she isn’t even an employee, I don’t even see the justification. It’s possible this thing drags out a little bit behind the scenes.

Maddog
09-22-2022, 04:04 PM
Doesn’t matter if it’s consensual. I mean it does, because it’s way worse if it’s not, but just it being consensual is not enough to make it harmless. Especially with all the emphasis on nba workplace environments with Rosas, Sarver and Mavs.

Imagine being a Celtics employee and thinking you didn’t get a job over who he slept with because she was sleeping with him? Or that you know of the inappropriate relationship but can’t say anything out of fear of retaliation. Or thinking that’s the culture if you want to get in good/move up.

Lots of issues and sucks because Ime obviously isn’t Sarver; just a really poor decision in an environment that no longer tolerates that.

Right
Also consensual is not always clear cut

exstatic
09-22-2022, 04:55 PM

So, suspend him for a month or two. A year is just completely fucking crazy. If I were him, I’d let them know I was coming back, unless they pay out the part of the contract after the suspension.

TD 21
09-22-2022, 05:12 PM

He basically said he knows of multiple examples of this throughout sports recently, yet they've been kept buried, so why wasn't this? And why is it that his employer is the one essentially leaking it? His larger point was the obvious though: None of our business.

But anytime the way blacks or bi-racial (who generally get lumped in with the former by whites) are treated and portrayed differently in sports is brought to attention, that's all many hear.

Budkin
09-22-2022, 05:45 PM
Nevermind the suspension. Imagine cheating on Nia Long. Like… huh??

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-22-2022, 05:49 PM
Shut the fuck up you racist piece of shit.

Ducks probably fixed a black dude’s computer once, so he’ll tell you based on that he’s not racist.

Dverde
09-22-2022, 06:03 PM
I’d trade them Pop for a future lottery protected first rounder. Spurs gotta do best by Pop like they do best for Dejounte.

Jordan Jackson
09-22-2022, 06:36 PM
Ime is serial cheater and finally got caught publicly.

Very stupid what he did. Also none of our damn business.

He’ll sit out a year. No problem with him coming back into the fold with the Spurs. Cuz ain’t no way he’ll ever coach the Celtics - not possible.

We brought Danny Ferry back after his debacle. Ime will be fine. He’s a Spur, they’ll take care of him.

DPG21920
09-22-2022, 06:49 PM
So, suspend him for a month or two. A year is just completely fucking crazy. If I were him, I’d let them know I was coming back, unless they pay out the part of the contract after the suspension.

Players and great coaches get lots of leeway. If they are doing this they are fine losing him.

exstatic
09-22-2022, 07:18 PM
Players and great coaches get lots of leeway. If they are doing this they are fine losing him.

They’d better be fine paying him out, too.

vy65
09-22-2022, 07:41 PM
If the relationship truly was consensual - a big if - then the discrimination claims are less significant. Adults are entitled to have relationships with other adults. Especially if there is no direct oversight. The concern here is the appearance of impropriety and, I suspect, organizational rules that prohibit “office romances.” If that’s the case (likely it is), then Ime is fucked (hah). Personally, I think 1 year is extremely excessive, but the organization can do as it pleases to enforce its own rules. I do find it persuasive that the punishment is being given to one party and we don’t know if the other is being punished or not. I get that he’s the coach, but you shouldn’t selectively enforce organizational rules.

jjspur
09-22-2022, 08:35 PM

We live in different times today. Owners, players, coaches, or even cheerleaders can't get away with stuff like they did 5 - 10 years ago. Everyone makes a mistake, but now the whole world holds you accountable even if it just has the look of impropriety. Some one will have to pay the price, and right now it looks like Ime. Sorry bud, you messed up bigly.

He's a decent coach, he'll bounce back in Boston or somewhere else.

DPG21920
09-22-2022, 08:41 PM
They’d better be fine paying him out, too.

Im sure they are…my guess is he resigns?

heyheymymy
09-22-2022, 09:09 PM
I could see racism at play here and if so then consider sexism at play here too. How dare the woman and the black man do what they want in a (possibly very wealthy [if rumors of Celtic's VP's wife are true]) white man's world? Put the woman on public shame blast for seeking what she wants and put a non white in his place for tampering with the fruit of the (wealthy white man) gods?

I am def reserving final judgment until more details come because if there was coercion, favoritism or wielding influence by Ime that would change things for sure. And I totally understand workplace rules and why they exist. When work relationships fall apart it's awkward for the whole firm and can get tricky legally.

But I will say that it's one hell of a headline here: Of age, consensual yet inappropriate sexual relationship? I have a major problem with the capitalism aspect here. This is possibly a private matter depending on the details and if so, fuck Shams (and all media that carried it) for publicly Woj bombing fallout from peoples personal lives like this is some tabloid E True Hollywood story. You are a basketball twitter, this isn't Teen Gossip lol. And then the workplace rules telling people they can't hook up consensually because they have to work together. If this was consensual then it's basically banks/money telling Ime who he can and can't fuck and I have a major problem with that. Humans are full of biological processes, it's hilarious that the facade of capitalism wants to curb millions of years of evolution.

heyheymymy
09-22-2022, 09:12 PM
ducks - last warning buddy but you better watch your mouth. Keep spouting off and one day you will get caught up.

Times they are a changin.

BacktoBasics
09-22-2022, 09:50 PM
That suspension reeks of privileged hurt feelings and small dick syndrome. No franchise is going to implode a championship run over an affair unless some higher up pencil dick feels inadequate and needs to seek revenge though a power move.

The fact the her name is void of any responsibility speaks volumes to prejudices. Definitely not some intern. Someone got cucked good.

I bet ducks is flexing in the mirror and nodding at himself over this suspension.

BackHome
09-22-2022, 10:07 PM

You need to stop drinking that Corpus Water - Every major company it’s a Big No on screwing your staff even more so in our current environment. What I am surprised is he just got suspended most companies it’s instant termination

Mr. Body
09-22-2022, 10:25 PM
Probably floated a year suspension to gauge public sympathies/interest, also to flash a sign of taking it seriously. It'll be a couple or few months suspension.

As for Nia Long. Hugh Grant cheated on Liz Hurley. Never know what happens between people.

Ariel
09-22-2022, 10:50 PM
Probably floated a year suspension to gauge public sympathies/interest, also to flash a sign of taking it seriously. It'll be a couple or few months suspension.
Nope, it's official.
https://twitter.com/celtics/status/1573120786403102723
https://i.ibb.co/zbKs6Mk/ime.jpg

There's no coming back from this, judging from Ime's reaction (acknowledging his fault and not challenging the claims), either he resigns or he comes to terms with the Celtics to part ways. If nothing more troubling comes out, I can see him laying low for a while, and then coming back home to take over from Pop next year.

Ariel
09-22-2022, 11:09 PM
I don't know who was it, but someone said Ime fumbled two rings in a few months... sad... but funny still.

BatManu20
09-22-2022, 11:16 PM

They’ve reportedly been separated for a few months.

stephen jackson
09-22-2022, 11:27 PM
Bring him In

slick'81
09-22-2022, 11:30 PM
Spurs list of potential candidates grows

DeRozan m8
09-23-2022, 12:58 AM
Get him now

ElNono
09-23-2022, 02:34 AM
damn, he got fucked, then he got fucked for getting fucked...

I don't mind him taking over on the Spurs, tbh, but he's going to have a 'hide yo wife' sign on his back anywhere he goes...

Proxy
09-23-2022, 02:53 AM
Ime and Brown.... do it

then bring Snyder in after he takes a year off

libertarian4321
09-23-2022, 03:28 AM

I would agree with that comment if this was 1991. But it's not, and she's on the wrong side of 50 now. Not saying what he did was right, but she's a bit past her prime.

exstatic
09-23-2022, 06:33 AM
Im sure they are…my guess is he resigns?

If he resigns or quits, he gets shit. He has to make it uncomfortable for Boston by saying he’s coming back next year 100%. That’ll get them to the buyout negotiations table. If you suspend a coach for a year, that relationship is dead.

tbdog
09-23-2022, 07:36 AM
It's bad taste. Does he get paid on suspension? This is the same suspension length as Saver

Ariel
09-23-2022, 07:59 AM
If he resigns or quits, he gets shit. He has to make it uncomfortable for Boston by saying he’s coming back next year 100%. That’ll get them to the buyout negotiations table. If you suspend a coach for a year, that relationship is dead.
This is what Ime said:
https://www.si.com/nba/2022/09/23/ime-udoka-releases-statement-celtics-announce-suspension

"I want to apologize to our players, fans, the entire Celtics organization, and my family for letting them down"
"I am sorry for putting the team in this difficult situation, and I accept the team’s decision. Out of respect for everyone involved, I will have no further comment"
I don't think Ime wants to make it a contentious issue, he knows he was at fault and he's a young coach with a long career ahead. A suspension this long is inviting him to leave avoiding further costs. and chances are after sitting on it for a while he'll take the hint and leave. If the rumors end up being true (that it was the spouse of some executive he messed with) then it was really stupid of him but he's not a criminal, and he'll bounce back.

The Truth #6
09-23-2022, 09:00 AM
That apology from Ime to me seems like it was 100% from the agent and probably the thing he has to say to look humble and apologetic. If he really did get it on with an owner‘s wife or whatever, then who knows, I could see him having problems finding work again; I don’t really know the inner workings of how owners deal with things, but I imagine it’s pretty petty. I agree with Ex that he needs to try to get his money, and then in a perfect world he comes to the spurs and we rehabilitate him, so to speak.

Also: I read somewhere else this morning that the rumors coming out are changing and that supposedly he made unwanted comments to a staffer. It seems insane to me that they would release this stuff a few days ago without having their story straight, unless they’re just kind of making it up as they go, with the goal of making him look bad.

mo7888
09-23-2022, 09:06 AM
From Bleacher Report:

Ime Udoka allegedly made unwanted comments toward a female staffer which prompted an internal investigation.

Some Celtics staffers became aware of Udoka's relationship with the woman in July but thought it was consensual, per ShamsCharania.

KobesAchilles
09-23-2022, 09:26 AM
So was it not consensual? I’m confused. You think Boston would have all their ducks in a row for the story if they are the one leaking it. If it was consensual then hey that’s the thrill of an office romance. It’s hot thinking about getting caught. Of course once you are caught reality bitch slaps you in the face :lol

If it wasn’t consensual then why tf wasn’t he fired? Shit isn’t making sense

Floyd Pacquiao
09-23-2022, 09:38 AM
Udoka took the heat off of ol’ Doc I love lady boys Rivers :lol

gambit1990
09-23-2022, 09:40 AM
nets fire nash and bring ime in ?

BacktoBasics
09-23-2022, 09:43 AM
So was it not consensual? I’m confused. You think Boston would have all their ducks in a row for the story if they are the one leaking it. If it was consensual then hey that’s the thrill of an office romance. It’s hot thinking about getting caught. Of course once you are caught reality bitch slaps you in the face :lol

Yeah its bullshit. If he made unwanted advances then I support firing him. That's pretty much the standard today. Now they're trying to spin a "relationship" into "advances".

I'm not buying that shit.

K...
09-23-2022, 10:08 AM

Could be multiple women, or harramsment after relationship ended. They should definitely have fired him. 1 yr is a penny saving move. coaches dont get union protection but playing hardball with a coach is bad. They'll probably release him citing some BS “final report“ in a month

MultiTroll
09-23-2022, 10:25 AM
If one was simply playing Celtics Advocate, pure speculation which is all any of us have for now....

He did try to force himself on a women. Rather then do the whole rape attempt he said she said attorneys court song n dance and 6 years if ever til a verdict is rendered.....
It was agreed he goes away and the Ime Celtics effectively ends? That would explain his seeming sincere 'I did it and I'm sorry.'?

Pure speculation

manufan10
09-23-2022, 11:34 AM
The Athletic is reporting that Ime made unwanted comments towards her:

spurs1990
09-23-2022, 11:38 AM
He’s gotta come down here and be the coach next season. He’ll be wildly successful in San Antonio and the job will be “keeping it in the family”

The Truth #6
09-23-2022, 11:41 AM
The fact that this came out the way it did and the story is now changing shows to me I guess a lot of things, potentially: that Boston is just kind of making shit up as they go possibly; that Ime refused to quit and do it all behind the scenes, possibly.

I feel like this has to be ownership pushing all of this, because with every other scandal like this, the front office has every motivation to bury it to avoid media exposure and screwing up the chances for the team winning, especially since they came so close. This doesn’t feel like Adam Silvers hand at all, because if it was I think they would’ve had their lawyers all prepared with statements and something to that effect.

In a week from now I would think they will be more information and less vague leaking to the press. This has been a super boring off-season, so honestly I’m kind of intrigued by the story.

KingKev
09-23-2022, 12:09 PM
He’s gotta come down here and be the coach next season. He’ll be wildly successful in San Antonio and the job will be “keeping it in the family”

He’ll get better offers I bet.

Ariel
09-23-2022, 12:13 PM
The fact that this came out the way it did and the story is now changing shows to me I guess a lot of things, potentially: that Boston is just kind of making shit up as they go possibly; that Ime refused to quit and do it all behind the scenes, possibly.

I feel like this has to be ownership pushing all of this, because with every other scandal like this, the front office has every motivation to bury it to avoid media exposure and screwing up the chances for the team winning, especially since they came so close. This doesn’t feel like Adam Silvers hand at all, because if it was I think they would’ve had their lawyers all prepared with statements and something to that effect.

In a week from now I would think they will be more information and less vague leaking to the press. This has been a super boring off-season, so honestly I’m kind of intrigued by the story.
Yes, something definitely doesn't add up... may be many things, among them those you mentioned, eventually more information will come out and we'll get the whole picture to make better sense of it.

KingKev
09-23-2022, 12:29 PM
Yes, something definitely doesn't add up... may be many things, among them those you mentioned, eventually more information will come out and we'll get the whole picture to make better sense of it.

https://bleacherreport.com/post/nba/178cea05-9aca-4636-97d9-5084c0307754

They seem to be going to bat for the women.

dbestpro
09-23-2022, 01:38 PM
Ask yourself if it was a white coach and a black woman would the outcome be the same?

Ariel
09-23-2022, 02:23 PM
https://theathletic.com/3617945/2022/09/22/celtics-ime-udoka-discipline/

The second-year coach’s punishment is a result of an intimate relationship with a female member of the organization, as The Athletic first reported Thursday morning. Some members of the Celtics organization first became aware of the relationship in July, sources said. At that time, team leadership was led to believe by both parties that the relationship was consensual. But sources said that the woman recently accused Udoka of making unwanted comments toward her — leading the team to launch a set of internal interviews. The team’s decision and announcement came after a closed-door meeting Thursday that involved team owners and president Brad Stevens and lasted several hours, sources said.
https://twitter.com/CBSSportsHQ/status/1573336308457537536

"To think that guys on the team or coaches can just walk back on the court and everything is fine is not the way it is."

The Truth #6
09-23-2022, 02:28 PM
I’m cynical. The fact that they didn’t just fire him because I guess they want to save money unfortunately makes me cast doubt on what the hell really happened. Just totally speculating once again, I wonder if it started as a consensual relationship and then something happened where they no longer got along and then things got nasty…

KingKev
09-23-2022, 02:31 PM

So he ended the fling and she renagged….

He was rumoured to be on break with long term fiancé Nia Long who was on record saying they were never going to marry. A few weeks ago she decided to move to Boston long term.

I’m not ready to crucify the dude just yet/

Killakobe81
09-23-2022, 02:32 PM

Gotta be more to this story as many have said. If it’s that bad fire him based off violation of team rules but don’t disclose why. For the woman he interacted with his firing is more than enough plus you put out corporate wide training on sexual harassment and resend the code of conduct.
Yes the press and internet would speculate but that press or today was a farce.
The owner was acting as though it wasn’t that big a deal but Steven’s face looked like he had listened to multiple women describe Udoka as a sexual predator. Unless Udoka wouldn’t play ball a resignation/settlement with no press conference just introducing the new head coach would have been better.

Ariel
09-23-2022, 02:33 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci20GCgJtYR/

“after finding out the details” (regarding the situation involving Ime Udoka in Boston), it’s “deep, it’s messy and it’s 100 times uglier than any of us thought”

Ariel
09-23-2022, 02:35 PM
I’m not ready to crucify the dude just yet
Me neither, but I'm holding judgment until we know enough.

KingKev
09-23-2022, 02:43 PM

Matt Barnes is damn connected and not a your typical media whore. He thinks before he speaks and understands what sources mean.

tonight...you
09-23-2022, 02:50 PM
Listened to that.
Wow.
This does not sound good. Surely more will be coming out at some point.
This is not going to remain a secret, IMO.

Killakobe81
09-23-2022, 02:53 PM
Matt Barnes is damn connected and not a your typical media whore. He thinks before he speaks and understands what sources mean.

Yup and he has no reason to trash Udoka and defended him initially…
But if it was Derek Fisher …

KingKev
09-23-2022, 03:03 PM
Yup and he has no reason to trash Udoka and defended him initially…
But if it was Derek Fisher …

haha 0.04 STILLLL HURTS so maybe the reason I rock with Barnes heavy is subconscious but I do trust his journalistic approach.

Playing devil’s advocate he may just be trynna slide into Nia Long’s DMs cause he has a list of baddies.

Dverde
09-23-2022, 03:17 PM
And to think if Will Hardy stuck around he may be the head coach of the next NBA Champions right now.

Killakobe81
09-23-2022, 03:28 PM
And to think if Will Hardy stuck around he may be the head coach of the next NBA Champions right now.

Celtics not winning the title especially after all this?!
And the Jaylen Brown rumors?!
They will be hood in regular season but fizzle out com playoffs bet on it.

KingKev
09-23-2022, 03:34 PM
^ Celts were overrated to begin with. Tatum/Brown is a nice combo but they are simply a solid team in a strong conference.

Warriors played with them when it counted like a cat with a mouse.

Budkin
09-23-2022, 03:42 PM
They’ve reportedly been separated for a few months.

Well this makes even less sense then. Suspended for a year for dating a co-worker? Give me a break.

lefty20
09-23-2022, 04:08 PM
Well this makes even less sense then. Suspended for a year for dating a co-worker? Give me a break.

There are more, albeit unconfirmed, rumors flying around. He might've been hooking up with more than one employee. One of them may be pregnant. And the latest rumors are even question the consensual part of the original report.

There seems to be a little more to this than Ime just dating a co-worker.

The Celtics hired an independent law firm to sort this mess out. Suffice to say that their final report would make for an interesting read.

KingKev
09-23-2022, 04:29 PM
Guys, how will this effect Coach Pop’s legacy? Last June, part of Ime’s success in making it to the finals was attributed to PATFO… atleast on this board.

:pop:

spurs1990
09-23-2022, 05:17 PM
Barnes IG post, if his inside info is to be believed, further muddies the punishment that was meted. If it’s that “messy” why stop at suspending Udoka as opposed to outright termination. The other person must’ve had committed violations at some point in the sequence. The balance of offense was still tilted towards coach, but the other party had no clean hands.

tbdog
09-23-2022, 05:26 PM
Ask yourself if it was a white coach and a black woman would the outcome be the same?

White coach would get it worse.

Ice009
09-23-2022, 09:04 PM
So he ended the fling and she renagged….

He was rumoured to be on break with long term fiancé Nia Long who was on record saying they were never going to marry. A few weeks ago she decided to move to Boston long term.

I’m not ready to crucify the dude just yet/

Where was she living before? Why did she move to Boston if they were never going to marry (I am guessing it was for the kids if they weren't together anymore)? Makes no sense to me. I am going to hold of saying anything bad about him. Need a lot more details. When I first read this, didn't want him back in SA, but if it isn't as bad as they're making it out to be, definitely would like him back with the Spurs as HC.

Celtics not winning the title especially after all this?!
And the Jaylen Brown rumors?!
They will be hood in regular season but fizzle out com playoffs bet on it.

What are the Jaylen Brown rumors?

The Truth #6
09-23-2022, 09:22 PM
My issue is how the Celtics are handling this. (Ime most definitely did screw up, but to what extent is hard to say yet.) Brad Stevens seemed very sincere in the press conference, and I don’t know all the twitter trolling about female staffers, but what do you expect when there is a supposed consensual relationship and Ime is the one getting unilaterally dragged by the organization? And they keep mentioning “unwanted comments” by Ime. Pretty vague.

Wanted comments: “Yeah, I’ll marry you!”
Unwanted comments: “Nah, maybe let’s just move on”?
Some people will think that. And I might be one of them.

I get it that Boston has a very problematic situation here, but they still seem to be dancing around the situation.

gambit1990
09-23-2022, 09:33 PM
matt barnes: "i'm part of the media but i'm not trying to be like everyone else. i heard from someone who knew all the details ... but lemme not tell any of you any of it [like the rest of the 'media']." :rolleyes:rolleyes

Ariel
09-24-2022, 04:49 AM
https://blacksportsonline.com/2022/09/female-staffer-told-celtics-ime-udoka-made-unwanted-comments-towards-her-lawsuit-possibly-coming/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KOmCOE72AQ

Summary:
During the summer Ime had an affair with a married team employee, married to a Celtics VP. Both said it was consensual, the Celtics let warned them to cut it out and they did.
Some time afterwards, some actions on the part of Ime caused said woman to report it and an investigation was called. Supposedly results came that Ime was having MULTIPLE affairs with married women that worked for the Celtics, one of which is POTENTIALLY with child.
The Celtics tried to keep it in house but the VP threatened to sue the Celtics and go public with all the evidence. They're trying to reach settlements.

https://twitter.com/PerSources/status/1572987922248335364

Source: I have been told it is Kathleen Lynch. Can't 100% confirm it yet but she has disabled her LinkedIn profile. Her husband reported it to the Celtics organization
https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/1573015284772147203

Ime Udoka greeting Kathleen Lynch after winning eastern conference championship (video)
https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/1572968795940995079

Celtics told him to stop on at least one occasion, Ime Udoka did not take the organizations advice
VP's wife:
https://i.ibb.co/sqdKZTt/lynch.jpg

KingKev
09-24-2022, 05:00 AM
This is getting juicy.

tbdog
09-24-2022, 06:02 AM
lol. This is great.

MultiTroll
09-24-2022, 08:11 AM
FWIW and consider the source is shit stain Matt Barnes:

"Last night, without knowing all the facts, I spoke in Ime Udoka's defense," Barnes said in the video. "After finding out the facts, I erased what I posted. This situation in Boston is deep. It's messy. It's 100 times uglier than any of us thought...Some things happened that I can't condone, and I can't back."

BacktoBasics
09-24-2022, 09:09 AM
https://blacksportsonline.com/2022/09/female-staffer-told-celtics-ime-udoka-made-unwanted-comments-towards-her-lawsuit-possibly-coming/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KOmCOE72AQ

Summary:
During the summer Ime had an affair with a married team employee, married to a Celtics VP. Both said it was consensual, the Celtics let warned them to cut it out and they did.
Some time afterwards, some actions on the part of Ime caused said woman to report it and an investigation was called. Supposedly results came that Ime was having MULTIPLE affairs with married women that worked for the Celtics, one of which is POTENTIALLY with child.
The Celtics tried to keep it in house but the VP threatened to sue the Celtics and go public with all the evidence. They're trying to reach settlements.

https://twitter.com/PerSources/status/1572987922248335364

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/1573015284772147203

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/1572968795940995079

VP's wife:
https://i.ibb.co/sqdKZTt/lynch.jpg
You knew it was going to be a white bitch. You can see a rich bitch cheater a mile away.

We've seen this a million times, she cheats, swears it didn't happen and it was only flirty texts and promptly states that she'll put a stop to ever so slightly inappropriate banter with her male "friend". She cheats again, gets caught and claims to be the victim of unwanted advances.

White VP demands action be taken against Mandingo or he'll go scorched earth Karen on everyone.

exstatic
09-24-2022, 09:52 AM
You knew it was going to be a white bitch. You can see a rich bitch cheater a mile away.

We've seen this a million times, she cheats, swears it didn't happen and it was only flirty texts and promptly states that she'll put a stop to ever so slightly inappropriate banter with her male "friend". She cheats again, gets caught and claims to be the victim of unwanted advances.

White VP demands action be taken against Mandingo or he'll go scorched earth Karen on everyone.

That’s not what happened. They cheated, Boston told them to stop, they did, but apparently Ime couldn’t let it go to the point where he pissed her off and she reported it. He also apparently fucked some other women. Ime is in no way a victim of some manipulative woman.

Ariel
09-24-2022, 12:06 PM

I agree there may be elements to that, but such an argument went out the window the moment Ime didn't take notice he got caught and kept on messing around.
The woman isn't any better than him from a moral point of view, the difference is she handled the matter in a smart way, while Ime held himself above any organizational rules and kept transgressing until he left them no choice but to act on it. He might as well have taken his pants down and pissed on Brad Stevens and ownership.

BacktoBasics
09-24-2022, 12:44 PM
That’s not what happened. They cheated, Boston told them to stop, they did, but apparently Ime couldn’t let it go to the point where he pissed her off and she reported it. He also apparently fucked some other women. Ime is in no way a victim of some manipulative woman.

He’s a victim of being singled out. You have no idea if “he couldn’t let it go”. She is just as likely to have not “let it go”. None of this is adding up.

If he couldn’t let it go then Boston should have fired him and they’re grossly negligent here because that’s tantamount to work place harassment.

Your version or the one you’re choosing to believe isn’t consistent with a suspension. She could sue for millions and easily win if he continued to advance, was reprimanded and ultimately wasn’t terminated after the behavior continued.

That’s why I’m not buying it.

We don’t live in a world where black guys with authority serve suspensions for unwanted advances especially not in a world where there is a history of previously being reprimanded.

Nope. There is way more to this.

BacktoBasics
09-24-2022, 12:45 PM
I agree there may be elements to that, but such an argument went out the window the moment Ime didn't take notice he got caught and kept on messing around.
The woman isn't any better than him from a moral point of view, the difference is she handled the matter in a smart way, while Ime held himself above any organizational rules and kept transgressing until he left them no choice but to act on it. He might as well have taken his pants down and pissed on Brad Stevens and ownership.You have no idea how she handled it.

Ariel
09-24-2022, 01:05 PM
You have no idea how she handled it.
The information any one of us is basing our opinions on is the same, your stance isn't more factual than anyone else's.

tonight...you
09-24-2022, 01:21 PM
I like people going on the conspiracy route.
This is how QAnon happened.

Brilliant shit, that stuff.

GAustex
09-24-2022, 01:31 PM
Such a shame
Ime seemed to have built a good reputation.
That is all or partially gone

BacktoBasics
09-24-2022, 02:23 PM
The information any one of us is basing our opinions on is the same, your stance isn't more factual than anyone else's.

No disagreement there.

My stance is definitely built on the fact that what’s been provided doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Even low key off the radar businesses would fire someone for unwanted advances. Especially after a formal reprimand. A highly exposed and public position of authority would absolutely result in an immediate firing.

We don’t live in a world where you can advance on a subordinate without some level of consent and end up with a suspension.

Surely you can reconcile how fishy it looks to see a suspension while there’s unofficial leaks that the advances were unwanted. All while the official stance is that it was a fully consensual relationship. Then no word on any disciplinary action for the female. That leak seems deliberately sketchy. Unless I’ve not seen it the Celtics haven’t said anything to the rumors that it was anything other than consensual. That’s problematic if only one party is being disciplined.

I’m not buying it. The math does add up.

tonight...you
09-24-2022, 02:44 PM
No disagreement there.

My stance is definitely built on the fact that what’s been provided doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Even low key off the radar businesses would fire someone for unwanted advances. Especially after a formal reprimand. A highly exposed and public position of authority would absolutely result in an immediate firing.

We don’t live in a world where you can advance on a subordinate without some level of consent and end up with a suspension.

Surely you can reconcile how fishy it looks to see a suspension while there’s unofficial leaks that the advances were unwanted. All while the official stance is that it was a fully consensual relationship. Then no word on any disciplinary action for the female. That leak seems deliberately sketchy. Unless I’ve not seen it the Celtics haven’t said anything to the rumors that it was anything other than consensual. That’s problematic if only one party is being disciplined.

I’m not buying it. The math does add up.
Think it's a witch hunt?

BacktoBasics
09-24-2022, 03:28 PM
Think it's a witch hunt?

Not necessarily. I just think we’re not getting the whole story. To me a witch hunt kinda assumes that a group of people are conspiring together. I’m thinking it’s one pissed off higher up leveraging power up to a point. Kinda seems they’re stuck somewhere in the middle.

IE

Can’t fire a guy for a consensual relationship without firing the higher ups wife/girlfriend. Udoka would have legal leverage there.

Can’t suggest a minor suspension because the higher up wouldn’t have that. Best option is the outrageously lengthy suspension which they can probably get away with and hope that Udoka resigns.

I’m looking forward to more info coming out.

So the compromise

ducks
09-24-2022, 11:23 PM
Ducks probably fixed a black dude’s computer once, so he’ll tell you based on that he’s not racist.
I fix lots of black computers
And Spanish ones also
French and German
Me talented

SupremeGuy
09-24-2022, 11:26 PM
That’s not what happened. They cheated, Boston told them to stop, they did, but apparently Ime couldn’t let it go to the point where he pissed her off and she reported it. He also apparently fucked some other women. Ime is in no way a victim of some manipulative woman.That's the sense most people are getting.

The information makes it sound like Ime is the one that couldn't let it go and basically started harassing her.

tbdog
09-25-2022, 05:32 AM
That's the sense most people are getting.

The information makes it sound like Ime is the one that couldn't let it go and basically started harassing her.

Then you fire him. Very clearly. You don't even need to pay him as it's pretty much illegal to harass someone. There is more to it.

mo7888
09-25-2022, 07:44 AM
Then you fire him. Very clearly. You don't even need to pay him as it's pretty much illegal to harass someone. There is more to it.

It seems to me the 'there's more to it' is that Boston is trying not to ruin the guy and giving him the opportunity to resign before all the messy details come out but, he won't seem to take the hint.

The Truth #6
09-25-2022, 08:04 AM
To me it seems that Boston probably tried to make this go away and save their season, but the threat of a lawsuit from someone in the organization, coupled with the threat of future lawsuits by Ime if they fire him, has led to this very awkward situation.

So. To me it feels like if the crime he did was bad enough then they would’ve just fired him. But it’s messy.

This feels like a PR disaster with vague boundaries set by what they are able to say without getting sued, while also dragging Ime as part of his punishment.

It’s crazy or at least sad they couldn’t have settled this behind the scenes.

Ariel
09-25-2022, 08:20 AM
It’s crazy or at least sad they couldn’t have settled this behind the scenes.
I get the same feeling, but I'd say it was Ime who could have taken notice and saved himself all this trouble. He's basically just starting what could have been a very long and successful coaching career, much more so than what he achieved as a player, and to have it endangered in this way is mind boggling.

The Truth #6
09-25-2022, 08:29 AM
I get the same feeling, but I'd say it was Ime who could have taken notice and saved himself all this trouble. He's basically just starting what could have been a very long and successful coaching career, much more so than what he achieved as a player, and to have it endangered in this way is mind boggling.

Yeah, true, in retrospect it seems he just totally screwed his brand so to speak by not quitting, assuming that was a viable option to make this not hit the media. This is all the media has to talk about until training camp starts.

The other weird thing is that everyone understandably keeps saying let’s wait for more information to be revealed. The organization hired a law firm to investigate, so they must have all the information, yet this is how they’ve chosen to play it. I don’t know if the Celtics are going to reveal any more information. They just had a press conference where they basically said nothing as far as ending the ambiguity.

SupremeGuy
09-25-2022, 10:25 AM
Then you fire him. Very clearly. You don't even need to pay him as it's pretty much illegal to harass someone. There is more to it.Probably don't want to deal with the optics, right after Sarver.

"Boston is racist blah blah."

If this gets more out of hand then they just might.

SupremeGuy
09-25-2022, 10:29 AM
Who wants to set odds for Ime getting fired and ending up back with our staff in 2023?

TD 21
09-25-2022, 10:44 AM
White coach would get it worse.

Yeah, those darn white people have just had it so tough throughout history and especially lately. If only they could catch a break.

BacktoBasics
09-25-2022, 11:57 AM
I fix lots of black computers
And Spanish ones also
French and German
Me talented
At least you didn’t deny being a racist.

BacktoBasics
09-25-2022, 12:04 PM
It seems to me the 'there's more to it' is that Boston is trying not to ruin the guy and giving him the opportunity to resign before all the messy details come out but, he won't seem to take the hint.

Boston has no motivation to do that. If what he did was bad enough to be fired and they chose to go easy they’d be eviscerated in the media for excusing if not covering up sexual assault or harassment. Any legal representation on behalf of the Celtics would know what a dangerous move that would be.

This isn’t the NFL. The league is not going to allow investigated and confirmed sexual harassment. So Boston won’t get that Goodell treatment that Washington received.

paperboy77
09-25-2022, 12:13 PM

Black, white, rich, poor. They all do bro... given the right circumstances.

mo7888
09-25-2022, 02:47 PM
Boston has no motivation to do that. If what he did was bad enough to be fired and they chose to go easy they’d be eviscerated in the media for excusing if not covering up sexual assault or harassment. Any legal representation on behalf of the Celtics would know what a dangerous move that would be.

This isn’t the NFL. The league is not going to allow investigated and confirmed sexual harassment. So Boston won’t get that Goodell treatment that Washington received.

It's not a dangerous move at all from a legal perspective. It could be from a PR one though but, apparently they decided it was worth the PR risk to give him the opportunity to move on and limit the damage. It'll be interesting to see of he takes that opportunity though..

BacktoBasics
09-25-2022, 03:14 PM
It's not a dangerous move at all from a legal perspective. It could be from a PR one though but, apparently they decided it was worth the PR risk to give him the opportunity to move on and limit the damage. It'll be interesting to see of he takes that opportunity though..

I think it’s far more likely that he’s consulting his lawyers. Especially if it was 100% consensual and the female faced no punishment.

wildbill2u
09-25-2022, 03:18 PM
If the team and the league are going to start taking action against coaches because of perceived moral transgressions, why not players who mess around with "lobby dollies" as well. Oh, that's right, they won't have enough players for games on the road.

MultiTroll
09-25-2022, 03:29 PM
Could I'm have gotten Kirby Bryant's liarwyer and just said he could see why the women thought it was wrong, sorry?

mo7888
09-25-2022, 06:54 PM
I think it’s far more likely that he’s consulting his lawyers. Especially if it was 100% consensual and the female faced no punishment.

I agree that he's consulting lawyers...I just think it's for a different reason...

BacktoBasics
09-25-2022, 07:16 PM
I agree that he's consulting lawyers...I just think it's for a different reason...

I don’t see the logic that he’s consulting a lawyer because it’s much worse than initially reported. If that’s true the Celtics should and would have immediately fired him after a months long investigation.

The leap is that there was a borderline if not outright crime.

They’re not going to come to the conclusion of a suspension if they know what you’re assuming.

I’m not sure I understand why you would think differently.

mo7888
09-25-2022, 07:21 PM
I don’t see the logic that he’s consulting a lawyer because it’s much worse than initially reported. If that’s true the Celtics should and would have immediately fired him after a months long investigation.

They’re not going to come to the conclusion of a suspension if they know what you’re assuming.

I probably should've been more succinct since there's so many opinions out there and some are venturing into the criminal arena and I certainly am not anywhere near there.... What I mean is simply that I believe he's consulting his lawyers trying to determine if it's more advantageous to him to fight for his remaining salary knowing the collateral damage 'could' end his career or resigning for a smaller buyout and keeping the details of what happened under wrap so he increases his marketability to other teams...

tonight...you
09-25-2022, 07:48 PM

We don't know enough and we are on the outside looking in.

We can assume and guess all sorts of stuff, but the facts are not there for us so we don't know.

All the mental grappling is pretty much useless as of this moment as more info and no facts are coming in.

OldMan88
09-25-2022, 08:48 PM
I remember when I first went to work in a corporate environment. Rule number one was you did not dip your pen in the company inkwell. That would get you the ultimatum of “Which one of you will be resigning today?…. Or you’re both fired!”

mystargtr34
09-25-2022, 10:10 PM
I too tried to avoid banging inside the corporate team as it just made things awkward at work. I did get involved with a female directly in our team once. In 2018 when I was a Superintendent managing 15 people at a Mining and Energy company, I said to the Manager (my 1-up who was also a female who is now a Vice President at the same company) during our weekly team meeting in front of about 5 other Superintendents, how amazing the Managers female assistants holiday looks and that she's posted some awesome stories on her Snapchat. My Manager dropped her pen and looked at me and said, 'you have her on Snapchat?'. I was like 'Uhhh, yeah' and she just said 'Snapchat is dangerous'. Our working relationship was never the same again :lol. No proof that we smashed, but we did and I think she knew straight away.

exstatic
09-26-2022, 11:11 AM

With the information that came out a few days after, he probably should have been fired. Maybe they hoped he would resign, and they wouldn’t have to pay out his contract.

ducks
09-26-2022, 01:11 PM
With the information that came out a few days after, he probably should have been fired. Maybe they hoped he would resign, and they wouldn’t have to pay out his contract.

If he broke the terms of the contract why if they fired him would they have to pay his full contract

ducks
09-26-2022, 01:11 PM

Do you think they leaked it so he would resign ?

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-26-2022, 01:47 PM

This post is a laughable holy trinity of racism, misogyny and general misanthropy. Well done to be able to hit all checkboxes with a minimum number of words :lmao

BacktoBasics
09-26-2022, 02:37 PM
This post is a laughable holy trinity of racism, misogyny and general misanthropy. Well done to be able to hit all checkboxes with a minimum number of words :lmao

So far it’s not looking far off.

The Truth #6
09-26-2022, 03:45 PM
Right now I’m sort of blaming Ime, the woman, and the Celtics organization. So far it feels like everyone has handled the situation poorly.

slick'81
09-26-2022, 05:41 PM
Right now I’m sort of blaming Ime, the woman, and the Celtics organization. So far it feels like everyone has handled the situation poorly.

it doesn't help that ime is basically porking everything in sight in that office

The Truth #6
09-26-2022, 07:30 PM
it doesn't help that ime is basically porking everything in sight in that office

Do we know that?

tbdog
09-26-2022, 09:35 PM
Do we know that?

Al leaks indicate it is not an isolated incident.

ducks
09-26-2022, 09:40 PM
Do we know that?

Has he poked guys to in that office?

ducks
09-26-2022, 09:42 PM
Wonder if he banged someone in the spurs and they just kepted it in house but he had to get the hell out

BacktoBasics
09-26-2022, 10:06 PM
Wonder if he banged someone in the spurs and they just kepted it in house but he had to get the hell out

You’re not wondering.

You just like talking shit because you’re a pathetic asshole.

Leetonidas
09-26-2022, 10:10 PM

Bet you wish he'd bang your wife

BacktoBasics
09-26-2022, 10:19 PM
Bet you wish he'd bang your wife

Absolutely no chance this fat fuck is married.

SequSpur
09-26-2022, 11:25 PM
I too tried to avoid banging inside the corporate team as it just made things awkward at work. I did get involved with a female directly in our team once. In 2018 when I was a Superintendent managing 15 people at a Mining and Energy company, I said to the Manager (my 1-up who was also a female who is now a Vice President at the same company) during our weekly team meeting in front of about 5 other Superintendents, how amazing the Managers female assistants holiday looks and that she's posted some awesome stories on her Snapchat. My Manager dropped her pen and looked at me and said, 'you have her on Snapchat?'. I was like 'Uhhh, yeah' and she just said 'Snapchat is dangerous'. Our working relationship was never the same again :lol. No proof that we smashed, but we did and I think she knew straight away.

I hate liars

SequSpur
09-26-2022, 11:30 PM
I declare bs

MultiTroll
09-27-2022, 12:04 AM
FWIW

A source tells ET that the unnamed female staff member with whom Udoka was involved was married, and their relationship was revealed due to the staffer's doorbell camera at her home.
The source says she took a call from Udoka outside her home and the doorbell camera picked up the conversation, exposing the affair.

ducks
09-27-2022, 02:07 PM
FWIW

A source tells ET that the unnamed female staff member with whom Udoka was involved was married, and their relationship was revealed due to the staffer's doorbell camera at her home.
The source says she took a call from Udoka outside her home and the doorbell camera picked up the conversation, exposing the affair.

That bitch must be a blonde

ducks
09-27-2022, 02:09 PM
Absolutely no chance this fat fuck is married.

Been married to the same person over 25 years
What you on your 4 marriage ?

BacktoBasics
09-27-2022, 02:37 PM
Been married to the same person over 25 years
What you on your 4 marriage ?

Prove it. I think you’re full of shit. I doubt you’re married. One things for sure, you haven’t been laid in over 10 years. Fat maga cow or not.

No one in a loving stable relationship acts like a mentality challenged obsessive compulsive political absolutist on a forum that wants nothing more than for you to just shut the fuck and go away.

You can’t be that oblivious and willfully annoying while claiming to be in a stable relationship. Nope. Not buying that.

You’ve spent years here failing to read the room. Being an insufferable piece of shit. Then you want to act like you’re some regular guy out in the real world.

I call bullshit. You’re socially disabled.

ducks
09-27-2022, 03:48 PM
It will be impossible for me to prove it
Why would I post my legal name on line and my legal name wife online?
That is like me posting my social security number online.

So you are stupid if you do not do everything well?
Do you ?
You do not hire anything done because you are knowing at everything ?
I fixed 7 computers today. But yet you think I am a stupid piece of shit.

ducks
09-27-2022, 03:51 PM
So this room is suppose to be full of stuck up liberals ?
It is like people who are conservative are the outcast here and are not treated with respect.
But it is proven that conservatives can put up with liberals but liberals can not put up with conservative people

Ariel
09-27-2022, 03:55 PM
I'm not aware of the inner workings here, but this does seem kind of savage...

MultiTroll
09-27-2022, 04:52 PM
So this room is suppose to be full of stuck up liberals ?
It is like people who are conservative are the outcast here and are not treated with respect.
But it is proven that conservatives can put up with liberals but liberals can not put up with conservative people
Jan 6 sure show that.

BacktoBasics
09-27-2022, 05:31 PM
It will be impossible for me to prove it
Why would I post my legal name on line and my legal name wife online?
That is like me posting my social security number online.

So you are stupid if you do not do everything well?
Do you ?
You do not hire anything done because you are knowing at everything ?
I fixed 7 computers today. But yet you think I am a stupid piece of shit.
I stand corrected if English is your second language.

How can you fix computers when you can’t fix your imaginary marriage?

Perry Mason
09-27-2022, 05:32 PM
He’s a victim of being singled out. You have no idea if “he couldn’t let it go”. She is just as likely to have not “let it go”. None of this is adding up.

If he couldn’t let it go then Boston should have fired him and they’re grossly negligent here because that’s tantamount to work place harassment.

Your version or the one you’re choosing to believe isn’t consistent with a suspension. She could sue for millions and easily win if he continued to advance, was reprimanded and ultimately wasn’t terminated after the behavior continued.

That’s why I’m not buying it.

We don’t live in a world where black guys with authority serve suspensions for unwanted advances especially not in a world where there is a history of previously being reprimanded.

Nope. There is way more to this.

What a bunch of brain-addled BS. He's being "singled out"? What other Celtics employee is reputed to be sleeping with half the executive teams' spouses? Ime is a regular ol' Tiger Woods. If these rumors are true, he's a man-whore. He should be ashamed in that case, and deserves what is coming. Blaming it on Karens and vixens is ridiculous -- sure they are culpable, but they betrayed their husbands and I hope there are serious consequences for them.

BacktoBasics
09-27-2022, 05:40 PM
What a bunch of brain-addled BS. He's being "singled out"? What other Celtics employee is reputed to be sleeping with half the executive teams' spouses? Ime is a regular ol' Tiger Woods. If these rumors are true, he's a man-whore. He should be ashamed in that case, and deserves what is coming. Blaming it on Karens and vixens is ridiculous -- sure they are culpable, but they betrayed their husbands and I hope there are serious consequences for them.

Is he a rapist?

Or did his dick fall into a welcoming vagina?

I’m a huge advocate for providing everyone a safe working environment. Everything we’ve been told so far is that he engaged in consensual relations. He’s an adult, workplace romance isn’t something that can be controlled by bullshit policies and if you’re going to hold him accountable then they need to hold her accountable as well.

If it’s anything other than consensual then he should have been fired or even investigated for a criminal act. That fact we’ve heard nothing to that level tells me that the Celtics were fine punishing one party for breaking the workplace policies but not anyone else.

So yeah. I take issue with that.

No business should selectively enforce rules.

MultiTroll
09-27-2022, 06:04 PM
^ granted the source is Matt Barnes etc.

But if true, Barnes and others "100Xs worse then we thought and real ugly" implies way more then the typical adultery cheatin around.

Bottom line way more info needed for any of us to conclude.

Ef-man
09-27-2022, 06:09 PM
I stand corrected if English is your second language.

How can you fix computer ms when you can’t fix your imaginary marriage?

Ducks is someone's troll as no one can consistently be that stupid plus his bs stories about his work/family are ridiculous as they can be.

Ariel
09-27-2022, 06:13 PM
Ducks is someone's troll as no one can consistently be that stupid plus his bs stories about his work/family are ridiculous as they can be.
20 years & 70 thousand posts would be a record setting commitment to trolling... if anything, it would make it MORE sad...

tonight...you
09-27-2022, 07:55 PM
20 years & 70 thousand posts would be a record setting commitment to trolling... if anything, it would make it MORE sad...
Not record setting.
He just is who he is and it's sometimes insufferable.
Dude just invades with shit that has zero business being there over and over.

He can barely make a complete sentence, but he can throw a thread off with his stupid shit that has zero business being there.

You defending his behavior is a weird thing.

Ariel
09-27-2022, 08:02 PM
Not record setting.
He just is who he is and it's sometimes insufferable.
Dude just invades with shit that has zero business being there over and over.

He can barely make a complete sentence, but he can throw a thread off with his stupid shit that has zero business being there.

You defending his behavior is a weird thing.
I'm not defending anyone's behavior, I do not follow his posts... but picking like that on someone who says he's not stupid because he fixed 7 computers seems borderline bullying to me. Like beating a dead horse... the point was well made. It's painful to watch.

tonight...you
09-27-2022, 08:24 PM
I'm not defending anyone's behavior, I do not follow his posts... but picking like that on someone who says he's not stupid because he fixed 7 computers seems borderline bullying to me. Like beating a dead horse... the point was well made. It's painful to watch.
Yeah? Well maybe should look into his history because it's very, very telling and you'd proabably change your mind very quickly.

Dude is a purposeful toxic bomb on this site.

Ariel
09-27-2022, 08:30 PM
Maybe you're right... Just my 2 cents. Carrying on (me at least).

BacktoBasics
09-27-2022, 08:55 PM
Fuck him. Dude deliberately invades threads with the sole intention of injecting political nonsense to aggravate members. People have asked him to stop for years. Not a just a few suggestions either, not a few requests to dial it back… straight up over a decade of people asking him to outright stop his shit.

I don’t mind the occasional trolling or insults. I enjoy that from time to time but I have zero sympathy for someone who’s that antagonistic, inflammatory and deliberate. He’s a fucking asshole of the highest level. People who do what he does over the timespan that’s he’s done it clearly have issues.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he was living with a dozen or so decaying cats if not human remains. Probably had the same pot pie and conversation with his wife’s corpse for 15 years. Pretty confident the ducks Netflix special would make Dahmer’s look like a sitcom.

Fuck him.

ducks
09-27-2022, 09:27 PM
Yeah? Well maybe should look into his history because it's very, very telling and you'd proabably change your mind very quickly.

Dude is a purposeful toxic bomb on this site.

And you sir are to stupid to put me on ignore

ducks
09-27-2022, 09:30 PM
I am stupid to be married to the same woman for 25 years.
I am stupid to let my 18 year old love out and live by himself.
I am stupid he was working a 27 dollar hour job and a part time job at 25 a hour
I am stupid to let him work for a company that got him killed in Nov.
I am stupid for even telling you about it because you will not believe me because back to back is just a troll

ducks
09-27-2022, 09:35 PM
I miss the old vets that were decent people on this site

offset formation
09-27-2022, 10:13 PM
I like people going on the conspiracy route.
This is how QAnon happened.

Brilliant shit, that stuff.

QAnon happened because there will always be idiots among us that retard evolutionary development -- not all evolutionary adaptationss in a population are healthy or species affirming . They're truly existential threats, with regressive brain development that challenge the survival of our species.

offset formation
09-27-2022, 10:15 PM
I am stupid he was working a 27 dollar hour job and a part time job at 25 a hour
I am stupid for even telling you about it because you will not believe me because back to back is just a troll

Sorry to hear about your son, ducks. I wouldn't wish that on anyone and I hope you and yours find peace with his passing. Best wishes to you all-

tbdog
09-27-2022, 10:16 PM

I'm going to take what you said as a given. Does that excuse your toxic commentary on this forum?

heyheymymy
09-28-2022, 12:53 AM
Damn ducks vibes if true about losing your son. I'm genuinely sorry to hear if that is a true story.

couchman
09-28-2022, 08:07 AM
Vibe killer

BacktoBasics
09-28-2022, 09:12 AM
I'm going to take what you said as a given. Does that excuse your toxic commentary on this forum?

I feel for anyone losing a child but I have serious doubts. That or he’s exactly the the psychopath we all think he his.

This guy comes here for years shitting on people with impunity and then wants sympathy and an act of humanity all while continuing to engage in the same belligerent behavior he’s always engaged in.

If losing a child can’t make you second guess how you treat people then nothing will

tonight...you
09-28-2022, 09:42 AM
And you sir are to stupid to put me on ignore
You are what you are. *shrug

The Truth #6
09-28-2022, 09:43 AM
About Udoka…

rascal
09-28-2022, 09:51 AM

It's never consenual if the woman wants to save herself.

rascal
09-28-2022, 09:53 AM
Nia Long isn't so good looking. Ime could do much better than that.

The Truth #6
09-28-2022, 10:09 AM
Udoka: Cheated on his wife and maybe other stuff we don’t know about. Probably very bad.

The woman: possibly may be the wife of the vice president… She was in charge of handling travel affairs for Ime’s wife, that looks awful. And she’s married to a co-worker in the organization which begs further questions of either nepotism or prior office romance.

Celtics: look like they’re trying to take the highroad, but to me it looks like they’re trying not to get sued. Then they promote an assistant coach who has a history of battery towards women, which seems worse than what Ime did.

What a shit show.

wildbill2u
09-28-2022, 10:09 AM
Shaq said today he wasn't commenting on Ime scandal because he was a serial cheater. Not many guys are secure enough to admit something like that. I suppose he was cheating with lobby dollies who swarm hotels where they know players stay on road trips. It really cuts down on the time spent in hunting for some sex. How else could Wilt have had over 20K encounters. I've always wondered if that number was kept in a little black book or was just an informed estimate.

ducks
09-28-2022, 10:49 AM
Damn ducks vibes if true about losing your son. I'm genuinely sorry to hear if that is a true story.

It is
It is a painfully process. His birthday was this week also.

In the process of of going after the insurance company were he got killed

daslicer
09-28-2022, 11:21 AM
Udoka: Cheated on his wife and maybe other stuff we don’t know about. Probably very bad.

The woman: possibly may be the wife of the vice president… She was in charge of handling travel affairs for Ime’s wife, that looks awful. And she’s married to a co-worker in the organization which begs further questions of either nepotism or prior office romance.

Celtics: look like they’re trying to take the highroad, but to me it looks like they’re trying not to get sued. Then they promote an assistant coach who has a history of battery towards women, which seems worse than what Ime did.

What a shit show.

I'm amazed at how many people believed Udoka was married. He never married Nia Long. He's been engaged to her for like 7 years now.

The Truth #6
09-28-2022, 11:58 AM
I'm amazed at how many people believed Udoka was married. He never married Nia Long. He's been engaged to her for like 7 years now.

Ok. Domestic partner.

KingKev
09-28-2022, 12:09 PM
Shaq said today he wasn't commenting on Ime scandal because he was a serial cheater. Not many guys are secure enough to admit something like that. I suppose he was cheating with lobby dollies who swarm hotels where they know players stay on road trips. It really cuts down on the time spent in hunting for some sex. How else could Wilt have had over 20K encounters. I've always wondered if that number was kept in a little black book or was just an informed estimate.

It’s crazy to see how mature Shaq is these days.

ducks
09-28-2022, 05:19 PM

How mature !
Why did she not dumb his ass ?

daslicer
09-28-2022, 08:10 PM
How mature !
Why did she not dumb his ass ?

She's 51 right now so she was 44 when Udoka proposed to her. Most women above 40 don't have many options even if they are attractive when it comes to settling down. I think with Nia she was desperate and hoping Udoka would eventually marry her. The proof of that is her buying a home in Boston to be close to him before this news broke out.

Ariel
09-28-2022, 08:44 PM
She's 51 right now so she was 44 when Udoka proposed to her. Most women above 40 don't have many options even if they are attractive when it comes to settling down. I think with Nia she was desperate and hoping Udoka would eventually marry her. The proof of that is her buying a home in Boston to be close to him before this news broke out.
That's probably one of the most telling bits about the whole deal. Ime knew this was about to blow up and had her go through with the move and all just days before. If you fucked up, out of respect for all those years and the son you have together, at least spare her at least that last humiliation. Not cool.

manufan10
09-29-2022, 10:20 AM
:wow I wonder if the suspension is just so they could investigate further before firing him.

MultiTroll
09-29-2022, 11:13 AM
Gossip Girl Matt Barnes "doesn't want to say anything but....."

Ratings whore.

KingKev
09-29-2022, 11:25 AM
Barnes and RJ trynna keep it G but you know this sh!t is going to leak.

Get your popcorn ready gents.

Ariel
09-29-2022, 02:04 PM
Woj trying to keep it under wraps?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7UwCK40YMys

mystargtr34
09-30-2022, 07:32 AM
I hate liars

:lol Sequ I wouldn't have gone to all that effort to set the context to make the story up.

Tell me where did my post touch you?