PDA

View Full Version : LOTR: The Rings of Power

Blake
09-23-2022, 04:43 PM
If you really like LOTR and the Silmarillion, I think you'll like it. I'm digging it so far.

RD2191
09-23-2022, 05:26 PM
Good show so far, taking a while to tell the story though.

lefty20
09-23-2022, 05:36 PM
Getting better every episode, tbh.

lefty
09-23-2022, 11:07 PM
Getting better every episode, tbh.

yep

The showrunners are doing the best with what they can work with, as Amazon has rights to only some parts of the Silmarillion.

I also like the Orcs in this show

Millennial_Messiah
09-25-2022, 07:35 PM
yep

The showrunners are doing the best with what they can work with, as Amazon has rights to only some parts of the Silmarillion.

I also like the Orcs in this show
????

That doesn't make sense

It's one book. Basically from the beginning of the first age when Eru and the Valar created men, elves, orcs and the 5 Maiar (sorcerers) led by the fair Lady Melian. To the point where Isildur defeats Sauron but is unable to throw the ring into Mount Doom, to conclude the second age

lefty
09-25-2022, 08:43 PM
????

That doesn't make sense

It's one book. Basically from the beginning of the first age when Eru and the Valar created men, elves, orcs and the 5 Maiar (sorcerers) led by the fair Lady Melian. To the point where Isildur defeats Sauron but is unable to throw the ring into Mount Doom, to conclude the second age

Yeah but it’s true tbh

Millennial_Messiah
09-27-2022, 12:06 PM
Yeah but it’s true tbh

Who owns the rest?? Peter Jackson?

SpursforSix
09-27-2022, 12:22 PM
Who owns the rest?? Peter Jackson?

True story. My roommate was in the film school (or whatever it's called) at UNT. I'd often go with him to movie screenings. We went to see this show called, "Meet the Feebles". It was basically a very R rated muppets show. The director was there to talk about it and answer questions. Turns out it was Peter Jackson.

Millennial_Messiah
09-27-2022, 12:49 PM
True story. My roommate was in the film school (or whatever it's called) at UNT. I'd often go with him to movie screenings. We went to see this show called, "Meet the Feebles". It was basically a very R rated muppets show. The director was there to talk about it and answer questions. Turns out it was Peter Jackson.
"RTVF"... it was the building closest to my apartment from Aug 2014 - May 2016

SpursforSix
09-28-2022, 09:59 AM
"RTVF"... it was the building closest to my apartment from Aug 2014 - May 2016

That's it. RTVF

Blake
09-28-2022, 12:59 PM
Never heard of Morfyyd Clark as Galadriel. Perfect casting there, imo. She'll definitely be in more shows/movies.

DeadlyDynasty
10-01-2022, 12:02 PM
I like the violence if I’m being honest. Not as much ballet fighting as the original trilogy

Xevious
10-01-2022, 03:07 PM
Who the hell is Halbrand? I was having a hard time following why Galadriel figured he was supposed to be king of the Southlands, but then I read that he's a made up character for the TV show. I assume he's going to be one of the ring bearers, and eventually a Nazgul?

Blake
10-01-2022, 03:23 PM
Who the hell is Halbrand? I was having a hard time following why Galadriel figured he was supposed to be king of the Southlands, but then I read that he's a made up character for the TV show. I assume he's going to be one of the ring bearers, and eventually a Nazgul?

Without googling I'd say that's a solid guess

Texas_Ranger
10-01-2022, 04:07 PM

sauron

spurraider21
10-02-2022, 02:44 AM
This show is boring as fuck. Considering giving up on it tbh :lol

DeadlyDynasty
10-07-2022, 02:33 PM
Ok, it’s really bad. I’ll still watch due to lack of options, but it’s comically bad writing and dialogue. Will hang in there for the obvious reveals (Sauron, Gandalf, etc)

Blake
10-07-2022, 04:12 PM
Maybe it's fanboy in me but I'm still digging this show.

I'm wondering tho how Elrond is supposed to go from geek librarian to bad ass warrior fighting next to Isildur

Texas_Ranger
10-09-2022, 02:20 AM
The only series that made me feel like this was Game of thrones..... season 8.

lefty
10-09-2022, 04:29 AM
Better than all GOT seasons combined tbh

Xevious
10-09-2022, 02:42 PM
Better than all GOT seasons combined tbh
I thought you said in the HotD thread that you hadn't watched GoT? :lol

Xevious
10-09-2022, 02:49 PM
Ok, it’s really bad. I’ll still watch due to lack of options, but it’s comically bad writing and dialogue. Will hang in there for the obvious reveals (Sauron, Gandalf, etc)
That reveal at the end of the last episode. :lol Like anyone didn't know that the Southlands was Mordor.

lefty
10-09-2022, 03:43 PM
I thought you said in the HotD thread that you hadn't watched GoT? :lol

Dammit

spurraider21
10-10-2022, 07:39 PM
i gave up after 3 or 4 episodes, dont remember which. its just a snoozefest

Xevious
10-10-2022, 07:45 PM
i gave up after 3 or 4 episodes, dont remember which. its just a snoozefest
To be fair, it picks up a little bit after they leave Numenor (which was just brutally boring). But yeah, this just feels like a lazy "check some boxes" prequel with a massive budget.

Leetonidas
10-10-2022, 07:55 PM
Show definitely starts very slow but agree it picks up after Numenor. Last couple episodes have been pretty solid

lefty
10-10-2022, 09:28 PM
yep slow start but the last few episodes were good
The birth of Mordor was a great scene tbh

Looking forward to Durin’s bane next Friday and probably the fall pf Numernor

lefty
10-14-2022, 01:31 AM
Pretty good finale

Texas_Ranger
10-14-2022, 04:26 AM
sauron

Damn, i am a genius.

lefty20
10-14-2022, 05:49 AM
They also all but confirmed The Stranger as Gandalf. Looking forward to s2.

DeadlyDynasty
10-14-2022, 06:14 AM
She consulted ancestry.com to find out Halbrand was Sauron, is that really what they went with?:lol

Such a weird vibe from the show because I love the story/source material, but the acting, writing, dialogue, wokeness etc. are so cringy.

With that said, it was refreshing to see Galadriel get duped by the Big Dick and seduced by the rings at the end. The feminist undertones were strong in this show, so ending it with “women love jewelry most” was a much-needed dose of reality.

Will watch second season in hopes that the fan backlash resonates and they stick with telling the story.

DeadlyDynasty
10-14-2022, 06:15 AM
Tell me you didn’t wince when he yelled “I’m good!!!”

I had flashbacks of Neo’s “I know Kung Fu.”

lefty
10-14-2022, 08:16 AM
She consulted ancestry.com to find out Halbrand was Sauron, is that really what they went with?:lol

Such a weird vibe from the show because I love the story/source material, but the acting, writing, dialogue, wokeness etc. are so cringy.

With that said, it was refreshing to see Galadriel get duped by the Big Dick and seduced by the rings at the end. The feminist undertones were strong in this show, so ending it with “women love jewelry most” was a much-needed dose of reality.

Will watch second season in hopes that the fan backlash resonates and they stick with telling the story.

She had suspicions about him the whole episode lol, it wasn’t just the records

Blake
10-14-2022, 08:37 AM

I was hoping it would be the first wizard that started the order of wizards. I mean, if Gandalf was the first, why did it take him so long to bypass Saruman

lefty
10-14-2022, 09:20 AM
I was hoping it would be the first wizard that started the order of wizards. I mean, if Gandalf was the first, why did it take him so long to bypass Saruman
Maybe Saruman is already there in this universe we don't know it yet

Or maybe meteor man is Saruman and Gandalf got his quotes from him

Blake
10-14-2022, 01:05 PM
Maybe it's his older brother Randalf

lefty
10-14-2022, 10:58 PM
Maybe it's his older brother Randalf

:lol

Could be a blue wozard though, one of them went to the East, where Meteor Man is going