PDA

View Full Version : Deandre Ayton: Monty Williams hasn’t spoken to him since Game 7 vs. Mavs

ducks
09-28-2022, 04:32 PM
https://arizonasports.com/story/3314566/deandre-ayton-monty-williams-hasnt-spoken-game-7-vs-mavs/

Pop legacy is taking a hit
Monty has not learned to get over himself

BacktoBasics
09-28-2022, 05:01 PM
Same old piece of shit you’ve always been. No amount of personal tragedy will change you.

You could wake up tomorrow be a different person and everyone here would better off for it. Imagine the weight off your shoulders by simply being a decent person.

ducks
09-28-2022, 05:18 PM
Posting the truth
2 former spur coaches acting like idiots
Portland leaked also spurs did not give Becky lots of responsibility
She bolts and coaches her team to a title
Pop legacy taking a shit lately

Ocotillo
09-28-2022, 06:13 PM
Rather than going on about Pop and his coaching tree I find this interesting because I could have sworn I read recently the Spurs were going to make a run at Ayton. He becomes available 12/15. Not sure who we would give up Phoenix would want but you won't find out unless you ask. Likely that would take us out of the Wemby sweepstakes but if the Spurs could get Ayton, I would do it.

KingKev
09-28-2022, 06:19 PM
Rather than going on about Pop and his coaching tree I find this interesting because I could have sworn I read recently the Spurs were going to make a run at Ayton. He becomes available 12/15. Not sure who we would give up Phoenix would want but you won't find out unless you ask. Likely that would take us out of the Wemby sweepstakes but if the Spurs could get Ayton, I would do it.

We aren’t making a run at Ayton. We could have offered him the max this off-season if we wanted him. Why would we now pay him near max AND give up multiple assets to acquire him?

lefty20
09-28-2022, 06:24 PM
Yeah adding Ayton makes no sense rn. We'd be giving up assets for the privilege of drafting in the late lottery. The very same hellhole that we've just escaped by trading Murray.

Any FO personnel who even mentions this idea should be fired on the spot, tbh.

ducks
09-28-2022, 07:48 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300361&highlight=Ayton

TD 21
09-28-2022, 09:47 PM
We aren’t making a run at Ayton. We could have offered him the max this off-season if we wanted him. Why would we now pay him near max AND give up multiple assets to acquire him?

That and :lmao at the notion that acquiring him midseason would drastically alter the trajectory of this team.

It's incredible to me how some still don't comprehend how bad this team is going to be and how that's a good thing whether Wembanyama is the outcome or not.

wildbill2u
09-28-2022, 09:56 PM
If you listened to the podcast about Ayton between two Phoenix sportswriters you get the impression that things aren't good in the Valley of the Sun. If Ayton is still pouting and can't bring it this season with a good will toward the team and the coaching staff, then the team may be more willing to let him go after they see the way he performs on the court. It's easy to say the right thing but if it isn't sincere, then Phoenix may simply decide to move him. Or move the coach out. Remember that they are also going through the Sarver thing which will bring in new management as well as the holdout of Jae Crowder over his losing the starting job to a younger player.

rastaspur
09-28-2022, 11:59 PM
Posting the truth

Let me post some truth. You're insufferable. You need to get laid or get your soul snatched tbh.

timtonymanu
09-29-2022, 12:16 AM
Suns as usual fall short of a championship run and it just starts going downhill from there.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-29-2022, 12:17 AM
Posting the truth

I didn’t realize Donald Trump posts on Spurstalk.

Wait a minute….Ducks…..Donald……

Donald Ducks?!!!

Wtf….there’s a celebrity among us!!

Dverde
09-29-2022, 09:43 AM
Not sure how Monty doesn’t pick up the phone before matching the pacer’s offer. This team feels ripe to explode this season.

KingKev
09-29-2022, 09:52 AM
Not sure how Monty doesn’t pick up the phone before matching the pacer’s offer. This team feels ripe to explode this season.

He isn’t their GM. Suns are a CP3 injury away being a middle of the pack team though.

rjv
09-29-2022, 12:13 PM
suns are currently more screwed up than duck's brain is. at least there is hope for the suns.

Ocotillo
09-29-2022, 02:44 PM
I would not be surprised if there is no interest in a run at Ayton. I just said I read/heard somewhere the Spurs were interested and I think he would fit well here. Indiana is a more likely landing spot since they signed him to an offer, they have cap space and assets. I stand by thinking Ayton would be good on this team (or any team).

wildbill2u
09-29-2022, 08:04 PM
I don't think Phoenix is going to do anything with their roster and coaching staff until a new owner arrives and installs his people in the FO. He may want to change the coaching staff completely and that might also change Ayton's outlook and future with the Suns. At any rate, the team is in turmoil at the beginning of the season.

KingKev
09-29-2022, 08:17 PM
I don't think Phoenix is going to do anything with their roster and coaching staff until a new owner arrives and installs his people in the FO. He may want to change the coaching staff completely and that might also change Ayton's outlook and future with the Suns. At any rate, the team is in turmoil at the beginning of the season.

Doubt there will be a material shakeup from day one of ownership change and that will take some time. Sarver is managing partner and owns like 40% but the rumoured buyers aren’t likely to rule in isolation. No one is coming in with the skills/knowledge to shake things up from day one. What the new managing partner will bring is probably just deep pockets.

ducks
10-05-2022, 08:42 PM
https://arizonasports.com/story/3324107/suns-monty-williams-doesnt-need-to-air-anything-out-with-deandre-ayton/

He is a clown
Pop sure taught him well