PDA

View Full Version : demar derozan calls san antonio boring + says san antonio made him irrelevant

playblair
09-30-2022, 02:57 PM
this is the mindset of every nba player yet all of u ego san antonions wont admit how boring + deterrent the city is hindering the spurs..........austin is literally 1 hour away yet u all are against the relocation to austin...........

DeMar DeRozan's rejuvenated play last season in Chicago transpired, at least in part, because of his return to the national spotlight.The All-Star guard said he felt "irrelevant" during his time in San Antonio due to the team's lack of national attention.
"I felt like I was wiped off the map. ... That took a toll, all the sudden, you don't exist," DeRozan said on the Old Man and the Three podcast. "It was like, 'Damn, what's this? Hey, I'm here.' That's what I felt like.

"Granted, I had great games. I developed in a lot of great ways as a basketball player, but in the same token, I just felt nonexistent for those years. It wasn't like we was on TV,. There was so much to it that was a struggle. ... I just felt like I was irrelevant."

KingKev
09-30-2022, 03:02 PM
this is the mindset of every nba player yet all of u ego san antonions wont admit how boring + deterrent the city is hindering the spurs..........austin is literally 1 hour away yet u all are against the relocation to austin...........

Posted elsewhere and somewhat taken out of context.

playblair
09-30-2022, 03:11 PM
Posted elsewhere and somewhat taken out of context.
i am a spurstalk legend i have been here since 2003.....i dont read long threads.......op creates hot topics

KingKev
09-30-2022, 03:13 PM
i am a spurstalk legend i have been here since 2003.....i dont read long threads.......op creates hot topics

You contribute nothing to this community. Not even comedic value.

RC_Drunkford
09-30-2022, 03:38 PM
The Spurs are irrelevant garbage. What else is knew?

DeRozan m8
09-30-2022, 03:41 PM
Boo fcking hoo

That's on him....hes just not that good

playblair
09-30-2022, 03:56 PM
You contribute nothing to this community. Not even comedic value.
wrong.......i set up an exclusive interview with the owner of this site kori ellis & a famous model with over 1 million ig followers who was dating dejuan blair.......i have contributed more than you ever will

tonight...you
09-30-2022, 04:42 PM
wrong.......i set up an exclusive interview with the owner of this site kori ellis & a famous model with over 1 million ig followers who was dating dejuan blair.......i have contributed more than you ever will
You're a barely literate beggar with calf tats.

dbestpro
09-30-2022, 05:11 PM
You get what you give in San Antonio. No freebies.

slick'81
09-30-2022, 05:11 PM
Dude trying to shit on sa on his way out:flipoff

GB20
09-30-2022, 05:22 PM
Who the fuck is Demar Derozan? Let’s talk about the guys who made the spurs a dynasty. George Gervin, David Robinso, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker. They are all still living in San Antonio without any problem.

widowmaker
09-30-2022, 05:31 PM
He’s still irrelevant. Whats the point other than OP being a dumbass as usual?

tim_duncan_fan
09-30-2022, 05:32 PM
lol he is still irrelevant. No one cares about a team that flames out the second round of playoffs or whatever. This isn't a Raptors/Spurs/Bulls problem...

GB20
09-30-2022, 05:39 PM
Who the fuck is Demar Derozan? Let’s talk about the guys who made the spurs a dynasty. George Gervin, David Robinso, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker. They are all still living in San Antonio without any problem.
Even some role players are still living in San Antonio like Bruce Bowen, Brent Barry and Fabricio Oberto. Now you tell me which NBA players are living in Austin right now?

TD 21
09-30-2022, 05:43 PM
:lmao At him pretending he was "contending" as a Craptor or receiving significantly more mainstream attention (definitely hipster star geeks/ Lowe wannabees, who weren't as prevalent back then), which went into overdrive the second they found a sucker to take him while giving them value.

Redick gave him an out too by claiming it wasn't about the organization/fans/city, more so a commentary of where they were at in their cycle, but he didn't take it.

Harry Callahan
09-30-2022, 05:44 PM
LDR needs the Leastern Conference to be effective in his own mind. That's HIS problem.

JJ Reddick probably feels a kinship with Demar. Those two PLAYERs are less than relevant given their 10+ year careers.

LDR's problem is he couldn't move the needle enough as the #1 player be it in Toronto or SA. The Bulls are going to fail with him as well unless some Eastern teams have some players who die or get seriously injured. He is a very good player, but the NBA as a lot of very good players.

slick'81
09-30-2022, 05:45 PM
Even some role players are still living in San Antonio like Bruce Bowen, Brent Barry and Fabricio Oberto. Now you tell me which NBA players are living in Austin right now?

Jj reddick:lol

jjspur
09-30-2022, 05:46 PM
He’s still irrelevant. Whats the point other than OP being a dumbass as usual?

Same old, same old with DeRozen. He puts up decent stats during the season but wilts under pressure during the playoffs. When was the last time he made the conference finals or NBA finals ? Yeah I thought so. Until he actually does something other than choke in the playoffs, maybe he should keep his comments to himself.

Harry Callahan
09-30-2022, 05:50 PM

JJ Reddick lives in Austin? Gross. It kind of makes sense given this blatherings about various subjects.

GB20
09-30-2022, 05:50 PM
Who is that?:lol

GB20
09-30-2022, 06:03 PM
Same old, same old with DeRozen. He puts up decent stats during the season but wilts under pressure during the playoffs. When was the last time he made the conference finals or NBA finals ? Yeah I thought so. Until he actually does something other than choke in the playoffs, maybe he should keep his comments to himself.
Kawhi Leonard won the Raptors their first NBA champion with one fucking leg in his first year in there. The same spurs culture that made Leonard a superstar.

widowmaker
09-30-2022, 07:28 PM
Whos kawhi leonard? Never heard of him/her.

tonight...you
09-30-2022, 07:29 PM
Whos kawhi leonard? Never heard of him/her.
The guy that confirmed DDR was a playoff cancer/fraud and destroyed the Spurs all in one calender year.

itzsoweezee
09-30-2022, 07:52 PM
The biggest reason the spurs were irrelevant is because Demar is not a good enough basketball player. The bulls are going to be a play-in team, and they’re just as irrelevant as the spurs were during the Demar era

bdictjames
09-30-2022, 10:29 PM
You don't come into San Antonio to be famous, you come in to play basketball and to win.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
09-30-2022, 10:50 PM
he ain't wrong

offset formation
10-01-2022, 06:59 AM
he ain't wrong

True. But he clearly has an inflated sense of self if he thinks he became irrelevant here. He was traded here precisely because he was irrelevant in Toronto.

widowmaker
10-01-2022, 09:39 AM
The guy that confirmed DDR was a playoff cancer/fraud and destroyed the Spurs all in one calender year.

yeah doesn’t ring a bell maybe because it doesn’t matter.

tonight...you
10-01-2022, 10:04 AM
yeah doesn’t ring a bell maybe because it doesn’t matter.
True... true.

BatManu20
10-01-2022, 10:09 AM
JJ Reddick lives in Austin? Gross. It kind of makes sense given this blatherings about various subjects.

He used to. He lives in Brooklyn now with family.

Harry Callahan
10-01-2022, 01:57 PM
He used to. He lives in Brooklyn now with family.

Good. Better place for him.

Dex
10-01-2022, 02:09 PM

Sounds like you should be able to afford a Bally's subscription then :rolleyes

Trainwreck2100
10-01-2022, 02:40 PM
Sounds like you should be able to afford a Bally's subscription then :rolleyes

nah, fuck sinclair media

DAF86
10-01-2022, 02:59 PM
That's because you are irrelant, brah :lol. Pop, Tim and Manu never had problems staying relevant, tbh.

The Truth #6
10-01-2022, 03:01 PM
It’s true, he got very little attention here while in San Antonio, just like most players in San Antonio fall under the radar, that’s not anything shocking, but it is weird that he sort of threw it out there, even though he was trying not to disrespect San Antonio, it still sort of happened.

spurs1990
10-01-2022, 03:49 PM
"Granted, I had great games. I developed in a lot of great ways as a basketball player, but in the same token, I just felt nonexistent for those years. It wasn't like we was on TV,. There was so much to it that was a struggle. ... I just felt like I was irrelevant."

Firstly I really hope this wasn't a verbatim quote from Derozan. Smacks of myopia. In 150 games in San Antonio, what did he have.. like 10 'great' games, and I'd bet the Spurs lost half of them.
Hopefully this press (if it's legit) will open the eyes a bit of his die-hard adherents in the Spurs online fanbase

mookie2001
10-01-2022, 06:25 PM
He was never relevant.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-01-2022, 06:26 PM

Only a South Texas idiot would think moving the Spurs an hour up the road to Austin will make them more relevant on the national stage.

A move to Vegas on the other hand….

heyheymymy
10-02-2022, 07:59 AM
Real stars make the town they don't wait for the town to make them.

if you aren't on TV then put yourself on TV. You got the ball do something with it.

The Truth #6
10-02-2022, 08:35 AM
But part of relevance, as I understood him, is winning. And we weren’t winning. He played a part in that obviously. But the roster construction was a disaster. Just a horrible time for Spurs fans. I didn’t feel relevant!! Lol.

Dverde
10-02-2022, 11:38 AM
He put up crazy stats that last year and couldn’t get into the AllStar game. I could tell that pissed him off. I think he makes a lot of sense. You could say the same thing when he was with the Raptors. Bulls are the first team in a big stateside market. It probably feels night and day compared to San Antonio.

offset formation
10-02-2022, 11:41 AM
Only a South Texas idiot would think moving the Spurs an hour up the road to Austin will make them more relevant on the national stage.

A move to Vegas on the other hand….

Vegas is a facade. Fake as they come. Zero substance. Zero history. Zero loyalty. I don't get the fascination with moving the team to Vegas in the least. OTOH, a real city, with a real passionate fan base like Seattle is very intriguing.

BTW, if the West's megadrought continues as climatology predicts, Vegas will be the first place that gets abandoned. And deservedly so. It has no business existing.

lefty
10-02-2022, 12:19 PM
Jj reddick:lolI thought he was living in Brooklyn

lefty
10-02-2022, 12:33 PM
Jj reddick:lolHis podcast is not bad tbh

Except for that forehead who is with him on the show, I don’t know who the F he is

John B
10-02-2022, 01:40 PM
Out of context by Spurs hating media. What’s new?

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-03-2022, 02:56 PM
Vegas is a facade. Fake as they come. Zero substance. Zero history. Zero loyalty. I don't get the fascination with moving the team to Vegas in the least. OTOH, a real city, with a real passionate fan base like Seattle is very intriguing.

BTW, if the West's megadrought continues as climatology predicts, Vegas will be the first place that gets abandoned. And deservedly so. It has no business existing.

Players don’t really care about a passionate fan base. Today it’s about being seen and that image.

I’m with you on Vegas, but there’s a reason why the NFL and NHL have set up shop there. When Vegas and Phoenix simultaneously dry up they can figure out where to relocate all those teams I suppose. An NBA team will move there within 5 years and all the Instagram players will flock to play there.

daslicer
10-03-2022, 03:17 PM
Players don’t really care about a passionate fan base. Today it’s about being seen and that image.

I’m with you on Vegas, but there’s a reason why the NFL and NHL have set up shop there. When Vegas and Phoenix simultaneously dry up they can figure out where to relocate all those teams I suppose. An NBA team will move there within 5 years and all the Instagram players will flock to play there.

Agreed it's all about the night life for players. Vegas has that in spades which will make it a hot destination until climate change destroys it.

rjv
10-04-2022, 01:34 PM

anyone that i have ever met who has lived in vegas couldn't wait to get out of vegas.

lefty
10-04-2022, 02:53 PM
Never been to Vegas but it seems to be 100% fake, I wouldn't call it a city tbh

Never been to SA either, but it looks boring and fattening AF

daslicer
10-04-2022, 03:24 PM
anyone that i have ever met who has lived in vegas couldn't wait to get out of vegas.

Were the people who you met single or married? That makes a huge difference. If they were married, then it would make sense on why they would want to leave.

The Truth #6
10-04-2022, 03:27 PM
Vegas has gambling and constant tourists visiting there. Weed is legal. I don’t know, I’d be surprised if a team didn’t succeed there.

tonight...you
10-04-2022, 05:23 PM
Vegas has gambling and constant tourists visiting there. Weed is legal. I don’t know, I’d be surprised if a team didn’t succeed there.
I think you're correct on that assumption.
I can see their "home court advantage" being a mess with visitors from all over coming to gamble, hit the strip and catch a game of their team playing against the Vegas Pit Bosses, or whatever they'd end up calling them.

The Truth #6
10-04-2022, 05:26 PM
I think you're correct on that assumption.
I can see their "home court advantage" being a mess with visitors from all over coming to gamble, hit the strip and catch a game of their team playing against the Vegas Pit Bosses, or whatever they'd end up calling them.

How they decide the team name could be fascinating.

TDomination
10-04-2022, 07:19 PM
Before he came here, spurs had made playoffs 20 straight years, winning season for 29 of previous 30 years.
If he felt irrelevant, it was self inflicted.

tonight...you
10-04-2022, 07:29 PM
Before he came here, spurs had made playoffs 20 straight years, winning season for 29 of previous 30 years.
If he felt irrelevant, it was self inflicted.
He's a self-admitted Emo before he even came to San Antonio.
Take that for what it's worth.
He's sensitive. Sensitive to the outside world...
Sensitive to how others see him...
He's sensitive.

slick'81
10-04-2022, 08:17 PM
He's a self-admitted Emo before he even came to San Antonio.
Take that for what it's worth.
He's sensitive. Sensitive to the outside world...
Sensitive to how others see him...
He's sensitive.

he makes dejounte look like an alpha

tonight...you
10-04-2022, 08:29 PM
he makes dejounte look like an alpha
Mmm... I wonder why.

slick'81
10-05-2022, 12:16 AM
Mmm... I wonder why.

because derozan is a bitch:smokin

D-Robinson 50 fan
10-05-2022, 05:17 AM
He didn’t diss the team or the city. What he said was factual.

the team wasn’t winning and wasn’t on television a lot. He kinda was irrelevant in San Antonio because of us not winning a lot. If we would’ve been winning more games, then the team would’ve had more television exposure and he would’ve most likely gotten more awards and such.

CGD
10-05-2022, 07:54 AM
He didn’t diss the team or the city. What he said was factual.

the team wasn’t winning and wasn’t on television a lot. He kinda was irrelevant in San Antonio because of us not winning a lot. If we would’ve been winning more games, then the team would’ve had more television exposure and he would’ve most likely gotten more awards and such.

Yup. And I wonder if he ever looked in the mirror and asked, “hmm, why is this team not winning more?”

Reliving the “glory days” or Toronto is some revisionist shit too. That conference sucked ass when he was there and for a long while there any team other than the one LeBron was on was basically cannon fodder for Lebrons team. Exhibit A: those uninspiring, mediocre, and boring Toronto teams lead by DDR and Lowery (another middling player whose narrative only changed thanks to Kawhi).

daslicer
10-05-2022, 10:49 AM

Pretty much with the way FA works today the front office for that Vegas team won't have to do much to build a team. As long as they don't do stupid signings, they will have the cap space to create a super team since Vegas will be a hot destination for FA's up there with LA and Miami.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-06-2022, 11:35 AM
Were the people who you met single or married? That makes a huge difference. If they were married, then it would make sense on why they would want to leave.

That's a great point.

If you're a single person with a seven (or eight) figure income, Vegas would be a lot of fun....maybe too much fun.

Drom John
10-06-2022, 02:52 PM
We have a vacation/retirement home in Las Vegas. Retirement is rapidly approaching.

stephen jackson
10-08-2022, 04:31 PM
What a pussy