PDA

View Full Version : LA city council president resigns after racist remarks

Winehole23
10-10-2022, 01:08 PM
a bit of frank, unvarnished shop talk about redistricting and race recently got publicized

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FepPssHVsAA0Y9W?format=png&name=large

“Fuck that guy… he’s with the Blacks”
Video Player

00:00

00:22

In the recording, Council President Nury Martinez says of Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascón, “Fuck that guy, he’s with the Blacks.”
“There’s nothing you can do to control him, parece ch****ito.”Video Player

00:33

Martinez says of the adopted Black son of Councilmember Mike Bonin: “parece ch****ito” (“looks like a little monkey”).

“This kid needs a beatdown. Let me take him around the corner, I’ll bring him right back.”
Video Player

00:18

Martinez further jokes about wanting to beat the adopted son of Bonin.

“25 Blacks are shouting.”Video Player

01:57

Martinez, de León, Cedillo, and Herrera discuss Black political power in Los Angeles and what de León terms “the Wizard of Oz effect.” Martinez says she sees a lot of short, dark people in K-town. Cedillo jokes about the height of Oaxacan Koreans. Martinez says she doesn’t know what “village” they are from, and says “tan feo” in reference to them.

https://knock-la.com/nury-martinez-city-council-president-leaked-racist-audio/

Winehole23
10-10-2022, 01:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeuSfNwUoA44CuG?format=png&name=small

ChumpDumper
10-10-2022, 01:22 PM
Still a council member. Keep resigning, lady.

Winehole23
10-10-2022, 01:26 PM

InRareForm
10-10-2022, 01:42 PM
Yeah she probably not fully quitting . The salary and benefits are too good

MultiTroll
10-10-2022, 04:08 PM
What's the story?
A bunch of snowflakes are butthurt over her accurate but not politically woke statements?

Winehole23
10-10-2022, 04:29 PM
What's the story?
A bunch of snowflakes are butthurt over her accurate but not politically woke statements?offering to beat up toddlers and calling them little monkeys is accurate, in your opinion?

ditto making fun of Oaxacan migrants and Koreans?

ChumpDumper
10-10-2022, 04:31 PM
Resident pedo Fabbs also wants to beat minority children.

Winehole23
10-10-2022, 04:32 PM
to me the open talk about redistricting their city council opponents out of power -- along racial lines -- was eye opening to say the least. there are coded ways to talk about this, you'd think professional pols would be more circumspect.

ElNono
10-10-2022, 04:33 PM
She's ready to run as a Republican...

MultiTroll
10-10-2022, 04:39 PM
offering to beat up toddlers and calling them little monkeys is accurate, in your opinion?

ditto making fun of Oaxacan migrants and Koreans?
I thought the kid was like 17. tl dr
I call Gaymond Green a big ape and do not find it offensive.

Oaxacan migrants and Koreans. Where is an article on this story?

Winehole23
10-10-2022, 05:03 PM
I thought the kid was like 17. tl dr
I call Gaymond Green a big ape and do not find it offensive.

Oaxacan migrants and Koreans. Where is an article on this story?
Two articles are embedded above.

ChumpDumper
10-10-2022, 05:34 PM
As a white guy, I do not find my racist language offensive.

Millennial_Messiah
10-10-2022, 05:38 PM
I worked back of the house in a restaurant when I was 16 in high school. We all called each other puto and panocha regularly and called everyone black a negrito / negrita and the fat black chicks a negrosa. Nothing to see honestly. Locker room talk, tbh.

pgardn
10-10-2022, 05:42 PM
What's the story?
A bunch of snowflakes are butthurt over her accurate but not politically woke statements?

Accurate...

Sure.

One of the white city council members adopted a monkey.

pgardn
10-10-2022, 05:44 PM
I worked back of the house in a restaurant when I was 16 in high school. We all called each other puto and panocha regularly and called everyone black a negrito / negrita and the fat black chicks a negrosa. Nothing to see honestly. Locker room talk, tbh.

did you hear the tape?
Locker room talk amongst the good ole racists Hispanics.

Winehole23
10-10-2022, 05:44 PM
I worked back of the house in a restaurant when I was 16 in high school. We all called each other puto and panocha regularly and called everyone black a negrito / negrita and the fat black chicks a negrosa. Nothing to see honestly. Locker room talk, tbh.for political leadership the expectations are somewhat higher.

Leetonidas
10-10-2022, 05:57 PM

Tbh if you've worked BOH you know most of those ppl are low class scum bags if they aren't just teens or college kids. Lotta creeps and weirdos. So maybe your 16 year old self and those types shouldnt be your measuring stick of normal behavior

This also is the president of the city council in LA not Pablo the dishwasher :lol

Leetonidas
10-10-2022, 05:58 PM
Though I get what Andy means. The Mexican side of my fam are mostly Dems and but I've heard them all say some racist ass shit over the years :lol

Millennial_Messiah
10-10-2022, 06:06 PM
Tbh if you've worked BOH you know most of those ppl are low class scum bags if they aren't just teens or college kids. Lotta creeps and weirdos. So maybe your 16 year old self and those types shouldnt be your measuring stick of normal behavior

This also is the president of the city council in LA not Pablo the dishwasher :lol
yeah, BOH are generally teens or middle aged migrants, not just from Mexico but Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras etc in my experience. We always talked shit about the servers because they were lazy and had "Easy" jobs and worked for tips and threw gross dishes full of half eaten food our way even thought they were supposed to throw it in the trash beforehand they never did. Also it was Texas summer and no A/C in the BOH so the temps were 110+ inside during work, just insufferable. I would literally spend all my breaks in the fridge sipping a sprite or ginger ale if they had it. The place I worked for was actually a German themed place based out of Green Bay Wisconsin but the Texas branches are out of business now due to getting sued over some bacteria thing by customers.

MultiTroll
10-10-2022, 06:13 PM
As a white guy, I do not find my racist language offensive.
Perhaps if you were black and/or associated often with blacks you would understand more.

What is your offensive racist language?

Be specific.

pgardn
10-10-2022, 08:15 PM
did you hear the tape?

why do people seem to think only Caucasians can act like racists...

ChumpDumper
10-10-2022, 08:51 PM
Perhaps if you were black and/or associated often with blacks you would understand more.

What is your offensive racist language?

Be specific.The italics mean I was paraphrasing you, you dumbass racist pedophile.

Trainwreck2100
10-10-2022, 10:51 PM
did you hear the tape?

Though I get what Andy means. The Mexican side of my fam are mostly Dems and but I've heard them all say some racist ass shit over the years :lol

Stupid shit like this is how the Dems lose the Mexican vote, we talk shit about them, they talk shit about us. Pretending anything else is pandering to idiots

MultiTroll
10-11-2022, 10:50 AM
The italics mean I was paraphrasing you, you dumbass racist pedophile.
:lol fabricating posts and then claiming they are others posts.
Projection.
I'm sorry this is happening to you.

Are you confused?
Perhaps you are wanting to be like Rachel Dolezal.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2022, 10:54 AM
:lol fabricating posts and then claiming they are others posts.
Projection.
I'm sorry this is happening to you.

Are you confused?
Perhaps you are wanting to be like Rachel Dolezal.

:lol you don't know what paraphrasing means

MultiTroll
10-11-2022, 11:09 AM
:lol you don't know what paraphrasing means
Chumpy thinks projecting in italics will clarify his gender and racial confusion towards him/herself. :rollin

ChumpDumper
10-11-2022, 11:11 AM
Chumpy thinks projecting in italics will clarify his gender and racial confusion towards him/herself. :rollin:lmao you still don't know what it means.

Look, you can't say you don't have a problem with your being a stupid racist pedophile and then get defensive when you're called a stupid racist pedophile.

Pick a lane.

pgardn
10-11-2022, 11:19 AM
Stupid shit like this is how the Dems lose the Mexican vote, we talk shit about them, they talk shit about us. Pretending anything else is pandering to idiots

What makes you think Hispanics should naturally be labeled democrats?
Just because Trump said Hispanic immigrants were rapists and thieves?

And not realizing that any ethnic group can have racists members is just living in fairy land. You don’t want this stated, it’s some secret? This head of the city council joked that one of the Caucasian members solely adopted a black kid for political reasons, except she called the adopted kid a monkey. Poorer communities within LA can absolutely be set against each other and then things like blame the monkeys and greasers come out. It’s especially easy with lack of education and money.

Hispanics must be democrats is a huge fallacy. You must not get around much in South Texas or LA. The gangs in LA are largely developed along ethnic lines. Same thing in prisons. Put people in a situation that sucks makes it easier to blame the other guy. The easiest way to create division is among poor ethnic groups. Poor uneducated Caucasians were all in on Trump. They are easier to manipulate.

MultiTroll
10-11-2022, 11:28 AM
ChumpDumper :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
10-11-2022, 01:36 PM
Chump still trying to "win" against those who don't give a shit pretty obviously.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2022, 01:47 PM
Chump still trying to "win" against those who don't give a shit pretty obviously.

Nothing to win. Just stating the obvious.

Leetonidas
10-11-2022, 03:16 PM

Lol what? The Dems are going to lose the votes of my Mexican Dem family members because they talk shit about blacks? That doesn't even make sense

Regardless, referring to a black toddler as a monkey in Spanish is not a good look for anyone

MultiTroll
10-12-2022, 11:10 AM
:lol
ChumpDumper

Monostradamus
10-12-2022, 11:12 AM
She's ready to run as a Republican...
She would have had her greatest fundraising day ever if she was a Republican when it happened.

Spurs Homer
10-12-2022, 11:26 AM
She needs to quit - yesterday-
and just fucking disappear. Once you get busted just accept you said racist shit, got caught and move the fuck on.

no excuses

unless they are trumplicans

Winehole23
10-12-2022, 10:25 PM
Nury resigned.

Winehole23
10-12-2022, 11:14 PM
No apologies detected, hope she didn't sprain her wrist patting herself on the back.

Winehole23
10-13-2022, 02:06 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe5nnmwUcAEtPLg?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe5nnmwUYAEdof5?format=jpg&name=900x900

Winehole23
10-13-2022, 02:20 AM
"Please respect her space and privacy after resigning in disgrace."

Winehole23
10-13-2022, 02:21 AM
Bye, now

JamStone
10-13-2022, 09:06 AM
“I strived to serve with compassion and to give a larger platform to communities I felt had been left behind.”

What a self-serving, piece of shit soliloquy of a word salad for a public goodbye letter. Painting herself both champion of the people and martyr to a cause. Comes off both pretentious and tone deaf. And completely lacks the remorse or contrition of a sincere realization of what the audio proved who and what she truly is. She seems like a truly despicable and contemptible person, let alone local civil servant.

Spurs Homer
10-13-2022, 09:27 AM
Shitty human …

zero apologies

zero understanding of her shitty racism/behavior