PDA

View Full Version : somone tell popovich to stop bringing up politics

playblair
10-10-2022, 06:04 PM
ish is absurded.......everything is the white mans fault right popovich.......its not like the natives were eating/raping/enslaving/sacrificing their own people nah they could do no wrong right popovich..........

this left woke ish has got to stop

BacktoBasics
10-10-2022, 06:05 PM
Why don’t you shut the fuck up about politics.

Pay for your own Bally membership. Free loading piece of shit.

GAustex
10-10-2022, 06:12 PM
He should try drafting lotto picks that are actually good players

rjv
10-10-2022, 06:28 PM
why don't you tell him? and leave it off ST.

spurraider21
10-10-2022, 06:31 PM
truth nukes from pop per par

looking forward to him stepping down from coaching so he can pursue his career in politics tbh :tu

mo7888
10-10-2022, 06:37 PM
Well...I clicked like based on the title before I read your comments... I do wish he would stop talking about politics though...just as I do wish politics could stay off of this forum...

K...
10-10-2022, 06:45 PM
Well...I clicked like based on the title before I read your comments... I do wish he would stop talking about politics though...just as I do wish politics could stay off of this forum...

what is political about history? can you not criticize historical figures? If he said hitler was bad, would you object?

scott
10-10-2022, 06:54 PM
Is Christopher Columbus running for office?

mo7888
10-10-2022, 07:03 PM
what is political about history? can you not criticize historical figures? If he said hitler was bad, would you object?

What is political about history? Is that a real question?

I'm not here to debate politics (10 years ago I might have taken that bait). Sports are an outlet for me and politics mixed with it makes it depressing (conservative or liberal). He's got a right to say whatever he pleases but it's a turn off and makes fewer people want to tune in...

baseline bum
10-10-2022, 07:14 PM
What is political about history? Is that a real question?

I'm not here to debate politics (10 years ago I might have taken that bait). Sports are an outlet for me and politics mixed with it makes it depressing (conservative or liberal). He's got a right to say whatever he pleases but it's a turn off and makes fewer people want to tune in...

Poor thin skinned conservative snowflakes. David Robinson pulled that love it or leave it crap and how we all should have been proud of Bush during the second Gulf War which is so much more offensive than Pop saying we shouldn't honor slavers but I never saw anyone who wanted him gone from the franchise the way the right has completely turned on Pop here.

daslicer
10-10-2022, 07:17 PM
Poor thin skinned conservative snowflakes. David Robinson pulled that love it or leave it crap during the second Gulf War which is so much more offensive than Pop saying we shouldn't honor slavers but I never saw anyone who wanted him gone from the franchise the way the right has completely turned on Pop here.

Agreed I was in college at the time protesting against the War and was disappointed David called out anybody who wasn't supporting the war as not being patriotic. It didn't stop me from rooting for the Spurs. It's amazing now like you said when the situation is switched that conservatives want to jump ship.

playblair
10-10-2022, 07:27 PM
truth nukes from pop per par

looking forward to him stepping down from coaching so he can pursue his career in politics tbh :tu
yea whitey made the indigenous enslave/rape/eat their own kind truth nuke....... blame they whitey is woke bs that needs to stop

spurraider21
10-10-2022, 07:38 PM
but officer, they were speeding too!

MarCowMar
10-10-2022, 07:40 PM
The history of the holiday is almost as interesting as Columbus himself. The murder of police chief Hennessy, the acquittal of the accused and the New Orleans lynchings following, the Italian response, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hennessy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_14,_1891_New_Orleans_lynchings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus_Day#History

I guess 100 years from now we'll be arguing about why we shouldn't get a day off to celebrate George Floyd because he was actually just an addicted abuser who overdosed and caused a bunch of riots.

As for me I'll just enjoy the days off when I can get 'em.

BacktoBasics
10-10-2022, 07:40 PM
yea whitey made the indigenous enslave/rape/eat their own kind truth nuke

You are what modern domestic terrorism looks like.

I’d say you would have made a good insurrectionist but you couldn’t afford the ticket there.

baseline bum
10-10-2022, 07:54 PM
The history of the holiday is almost as interesting as Columbus himself. The murder of police chief Hennessy, the acquittal of the accused and the New Orleans lynchings following, the Italian response, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hennessy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_14,_1891_New_Orleans_lynchings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus_Day#History

I guess 100 years from now we'll be arguing about why we shouldn't get a day off to celebrate George Floyd because he was actually just an addicted abuser who overdosed and caused a bunch of riots.

As for me I'll just enjoy the days off when I can get 'em.

LOL blaming George Floyd instead of the murderer Chauvin.

mookie2001
10-10-2022, 08:10 PM
Serious question how is that politics? lol

or politics is just anything you don't like

exstatic
10-10-2022, 08:39 PM
ish is absurded.......everything is the white mans fault right popovich.......its not like the natives were eating/raping/enslaving/sacrificing their own people nah they could do no wrong right popovich..........

Snowflake.

ismael-robert
10-10-2022, 08:49 PM
Actually think that was 2021 n these guys just bringing it up

exstatic
10-10-2022, 08:51 PM
You are what modern domestic terrorism looks like.

I’d say you would have made a good insurrectionist but you couldn’t afford the ticket there.

He can’t even afford to pay a Bally app streaming fee.

urunobili
10-10-2022, 09:15 PM
And Columbus didn’t even discover America. The Vikings did way before him. He was the first one to take advantage of it.

SpurSpike
10-10-2022, 09:37 PM
Whichever political viewpoint you have that was not a very classy move. For him to get so upset as to call out local schools is pretty pathetic. The schools don't deserve that for simply acknowledging both.

TDomination
10-10-2022, 09:46 PM
Wanting pop to stop talking politics is like asking a baby to stop crying. It ain’t gonna happen so might as well get used to it or ignore Pop.

i just ignore him.

exstatic
10-10-2022, 09:47 PM
And Columbus didn’t even discover America. The Vikings did way before him. He was the first one to take advantage of it.

Both Columbus and the Vikings discovered nothing. They landed on two continents that already had millions of people. An estimated 40-50 million inhabitants of the Americas in 1492 was reduced to 4.5M at the beginning of the 20th century.

baseline bum
10-10-2022, 09:47 PM
Whichever political viewpoint you have that was not a very classy move. For him to get so upset as to call out local schools is pretty pathetic. The schools don't deserve that for simply acknowledging both.

Awww poor right wing snowflakes offended by calling out slavers as slavers.

Spurs Homer
10-10-2022, 10:04 PM
100% accurate. 100%

No one here can poke ONE FUCKING HOLE in his comments. NOT ONE.

But snowflakes get insecure when they think that the white man might have done the things that he did - and if you check your history - he did.

Pop is a white man but has the balls to call a spade = a spade. He isn't butthurt that whitey is being blamed - he is evolved and understands that white people committed genocide.

Learn from pop.

RC_Drunkford
10-11-2022, 04:16 AM

Everything is the white man's fault. Just cause y'all KKK members don't like it doesn't mean it ain't true :lol

Now that the team sucks, Pop got even more time for this :lol

exstatic
10-11-2022, 07:23 AM
Columbus was so awful that after his third voyage, he was punished by queen Isabella, and forbidden to ever return to the new world. We don’t need to be celebrating this awful man.

Dejounte
10-11-2022, 08:17 AM
World would be a better place if people did their research and if they had an ounce of empathy.

It’s not easy for people to look in the mirror and realize that maybe, just maybe it’s okay to let go of things that make YOU comfortable but hurt other people.

Society in general is taught to “go get yours” but humanity has never been about that.

what if you were truly compassionate and take less pride in arguing about things that don’t matter in the grand scheme of things? What if you were more considerate of other people’s pain and suffering?

lefty
10-11-2022, 08:27 AM
Why is OP so triggered? :lol

Atl Spur
10-11-2022, 09:43 AM
Everything is the white man's fault. Just cause y'all KKK members don't like it doesn't mean it ain't true :lol

Now that the team sucks, Pop got even more time for this :lol

Jordan Jackson
10-11-2022, 10:03 AM
Why is OP so triggered? :lol

Inbreeding would be my guess.

John B
10-11-2022, 10:08 AM
You don't want to mix sports with politics, and yet you posted it on ST :bang

Budkin
10-11-2022, 12:25 PM

POOR MAGA

heyheymymy
10-11-2022, 02:15 PM
OP brings up politics to indicate frustration at bringing up politics. Why do you get to mention politics but Pop does not?

cd98
10-11-2022, 02:35 PM
I love how people care about what might have happened in the 1500s and try to judge people back then by today's standards.

Meanwhile, back in 2022, the Spurs suck and they should've started tanking three years ago.

exstatic
10-11-2022, 02:47 PM
I love how people care about what might have happened in the 1500s and try to judge people back then by today's standards.

Meanwhile, back in 2022, the Spurs suck and they should've started tanking three years ago.

Murdering swaths of people to obtain wealth is bad in any age, and he was also judged in his own age by Queen Isabella, punished, and prohibited from ever returning to the new world after his 3rd voyage. It’s not just recent calls to change the holiday that judge him.

Mr. Body
10-11-2022, 04:03 PM
Columbus enslaved natives and passed around little girls to his men to fuck at will.

playblair is objectively pro-pedophilia and child trafficking.

Leetonidas
10-11-2022, 04:34 PM
OP should like Pop considering he's a poor loser than can't afford Bally and Pop wants to help people like him tbh

TheChillFactor
10-11-2022, 04:51 PM
When the fuck did Christopher Colombus run for office?

this is history, dumbass, not politics

offset formation
10-11-2022, 05:35 PM
yea whitey made the indigenous enslave/rape/eat their own kind truth nuke....... blame they whitey is woke bs that needs to stop

Lol, imagine feeling like you need to proclaim yourself team whitey.

Dude, white folks will be JUST fine. We can handle the criticism, especially when it's a factually and historically accurate critique.

playblair
10-11-2022, 07:11 PM
Murdering swaths of people to obtain wealth is bad in any age, and he was also judged in his own age by Queen Isabella, punished, and prohibited from ever returning to the new world after his 3rd voyage. It’s not just recent calls to change the holiday that judge him.

Columbus enslaved natives and passed around little girls to his men to fuck at will.

both of you just happen to conveniently leave out how natives raped/cannibalized/sacrificed/enslaved their own kind.......bu bu whitey did it big bad whitey

ChumpDumper
10-11-2022, 07:28 PM
both of you just happen to conveniently leave out how natives raped/cannibalized/sacrificed/enslaved their own kind.......bu bu whitey did it big bad whitey
You're trying to "both sides" genocide.

The numbers don't work.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-11-2022, 08:38 PM
Cut Pop some slack, not like he can talk about anything basketball related. This keeps the press from asking him about his shitty job as a coach and president of ops.

tim_duncan_fan
10-11-2022, 09:37 PM
Nah. There are enough corporatist douchebags who don't say anything at all about the dumb shit that happens in the world.

Gibbz
10-11-2022, 10:23 PM
Can't imagine being as soft as OP. Holy shit.

dbestpro
10-11-2022, 11:05 PM

So did most of the chiefs in Africa.

Trainwreck2100
10-11-2022, 11:11 PM

yes well we don't have chief of africa day here

offset formation
10-11-2022, 11:33 PM
yes well we don't have chief of africa day here

/thread.

Gibbz
10-11-2022, 11:45 PM

Cope.

John B
10-12-2022, 12:41 AM
And there you go. People talking politics in ST, but you don’t want Pop talking about it.

rjv
10-12-2022, 02:30 PM
And there you go. People talking politics in ST, but you don’t want Pop talking about it.

what PB and his cohorts really want is an echo chamber.

cd98
10-12-2022, 03:06 PM

It's nice to know people are working hard to address a historical interpretation of a person that lived on the earth over 500 years ago. Especially because the holiday has meant so much to Americans for years. I mean, who doesn't like a day off? All the explorers of that age were cruel to the indigenous people, just like the indigenous people were cruel to each other. It just seems like a waste of time to go back 500 years when there are people being cruel to each other today that is more relevant to spend energy on.

rjv
10-12-2022, 03:21 PM
It's nice to know people are working hard to address a historical interpretation of a person that lived on the earth over 500 years ago. Especially because the holiday has meant so much to Americans for years. I mean, who doesn't like a day off? All the explorers of that age were cruel to the indigenous people, just like the indigenous people were cruel to each other. It just seems like a waste of time to go back 500 years when there are people being cruel to each other today that is more relevant to spend energy on.

this pretty much sums up why exstatic (and pop) have such valid points.

lefty
10-12-2022, 03:23 PM
FUCK CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS

KingKev
10-12-2022, 03:38 PM
I generally don't disagree with most of Pop’s views and have no problem with him using the platform he earned to speak out for things he is passionate about.

I hope he enjoys his lame duck session, adds some future value to the franchise on the way out and follows these passions in his next stage because his passion for winning has been blurred these last 5 years, not necessarily by his politics but his activism for the greater good.

cd98
10-12-2022, 04:21 PM
this pretty much sums up why exstatic (and pop) have such valid points.

Do you think Pop would criticize the Chinese government the way he criticizes Christopher Columbus?

dbestpro
10-12-2022, 04:26 PM
100% accurate. 100%

No one here can poke ONE FUCKING HOLE in his comments. NOT ONE.

But snowflakes get insecure when they think that the white man might have done the things that he did - and if you check your history - he did.

Pop is a white man but has the balls to call a spade = a spade. He isn't butthurt that whitey is being blamed - he is evolved and understands that white people committed genocide.

Learn from pop.

Facepalm.

Chomag
10-12-2022, 04:30 PM
As invested into Politics as Pop seems to want to be ,one would think he would have many things to say about China, that's something that would be nice to hear from him for once.... ya I'm not going to hold my breath on that 1.

TD 21
10-12-2022, 05:07 PM
:lmao At the brainwashed closet ists/ics pretending to conflate human rights with politics and deflect from this country's ugly past/present by acting as if what's going on China mitigates that or that Pop should be more concerned with halfway across the world than his own disgusting, infested backyard.

rjv
10-12-2022, 05:24 PM
:lmao At the brainwashed closet ists/ics pretending to conflate human rights with politics and deflect from this country's ugly past/present by acting as if what's going on China mitigates that or that Pop should be more concerned with halfway across the world than his own disgusting, infested backyard.

not only do they use red herrings, they also love false equivalencies.

baseline bum
10-12-2022, 05:47 PM
As invested into Politics as Pop seems to want to be ,one would think he would have many things to say about China, that's something that would be nice to hear from him for once.... ya I'm not going to hold my breath on that 1.

It was Columbus Day, not Mao Day dummy.

cd98
10-12-2022, 06:06 PM

Uh Columbus wasn’t in our country.

But it’s funny how people here are worried about the 1500s when human rights violations in China are as bad or worse. And sadly, Pop has a soapbox to speak out about China but for some reason he only has the balls to go over someone that dies 500 years ago.

cd98
10-12-2022, 06:12 PM
It’s a show of ignorance to pretend what goes on in China has no impact on us. Our refusal to stand against China weakens our influence. China tells us how to make l our movies and what our athletes can say.

We are so interconnected that an Asian Flu, a Greek default, or a Russian invasion of Ukraine impacts all of us. To defend Pop by pretending we live in a vacuum or that we have adopted a far right version of American isolationism is a laughable inconsistency.

Just admit Pop is a low dollar protestor. He won’t speak out against anything that brings real consequences. I’ll respect him when he voices support for Hong Kong.

baseline bum
10-12-2022, 06:18 PM
Uh Columbus wasn’t in our country.

But it’s funny how people here are worried about the 1500s when human rights violations in China are as bad or worse. And sadly, Pop has a soapbox to speak out about China but for some reason he only has the balls to go over someone that dies 500 years ago.

cd98
10-12-2022, 06:24 PM

Sorry where was Pop when Morey needed support for his tweet. I bet “dummies” like you and Pop wait all year to bring up the grievances of the 1500s every Columbus Day. And yet our post office is still closed on that day. But good work focusing on the 1500s instead of today.

heyheymymy
10-12-2022, 06:32 PM
Are you ranking atrocities? There's no rule that you only get to worry about one atrocity at a time. And someone worried about 1500s is probably worried about Uyghurs too and for the same reasons. Pop actually has spoken out on China, in 2019- was that 500 years ago?

"And it wasn't easy for him [Adam Silver] to say," Popovich said. "He said that in an environment fraught with possible economic peril. But he sided with the principles that we all hold dearly, or most of us did until the last three years. So I'm thrilled with what he said."

- Gregg Popovich, the NBA's longest-tenured coach, lauded NBA Commissioner Adam Silver on Tuesday for his stance supporting freedom of speech amid the ongoing rift with China.

Popovich said he recognized that Silver is in a difficult situation following the Chinese dismay over a tweet posted last week by Houston general manager Daryl Morey that showed support for anti-government protesters in Hong Kong.

Sorry where was Pop when Morey needed support for his tweet.

baseline bum
10-12-2022, 06:37 PM
Sorry where was Pop when Morey needed support for his tweet. I bet “dummies” like you and Pop wait all year to bring up the grievances of the 1500s every Columbus Day. And yet our post office is still closed on that day. But good work focusing on the 1500s instead of today.

No one was trying to glorify Mao on Monday, dummy.

heyheymymy
10-12-2022, 06:42 PM
Hmm wonder what (direct quote) "PRINCIPLES WE ALL HOLD DEARLY" that coach Pop is speaking out against China about in 2019? The direct quote the was done in the face of financial consequences but he said it anyway in a pretty "ballsy" move?

The quote was from the Hong Kong circumstances and they bridge to the Uyghur muslim issue imo. Same branches of the brutality tree. The principles of not having sovereignty forcefully taken. Communications surveilled and HK activists disappearing off the streets. Police brutality response to HK protesters.

Extending conceptually to the principles of not being rounded up based on a category you belong to and sent off to prison labor camps, forced sterilization and murder with organ harvesting?

Sounds like coach Pop "had the balls" to speak out against China in 2019 like you falsely claimed he did not. You can't just make shit up.

cd98
10-12-2022, 08:08 PM
Hmm wonder what (direct quote) "PRINCIPLES WE ALL HOLD DEARLY" that coach Pop is speaking out against China about in 2019? The direct quote the was done in the face of financial consequences but he said it anyway in a pretty "ballsy" move?

The quote was from the Hong Kong circumstances and they bridge to the Uyghur muslim issue imo. Same branches of the brutality tree. The principles of not having sovereignty forcefully taken. Communications surveilled and HK activists disappearing off the streets. Police brutality response to HK protesters.

Extending conceptually to the principles of not being rounded up based on a category you belong to and sent off to prison labor camps, forced sterilization and murder with organ harvesting?

Sounds like coach Pop "had the balls" to speak out against China in 2019 like you falsely claimed he did not. You can't just make shit up.

Seriously, you call that quote speaking out? In my opinion, quotes like that make someone complicit with the Chinese government propaganda. You either call out their repressive dictatorship for unacceptable violation of human rights or not say anything. If you are going to pass on China altogether and say "well, Silver stands for principles we hold dearly" that's just trying to "say something" that doesn't offend the Chinese government.

Look, I don't blame Pop for being weak on human rights violations anywhere except his own country. Even though our human rights records stacks up well against dictatorships, even though we have our own black eyes. Pop is not the only one to bend to the will of China. And neither is Silver, who also was as careful as possible to not offend the Chinese government. Every American company that does business in China does the same thing. Pop is no weaker than any other company that turns the other way when political prisoners are tortured in China and forced to work in slave labor camps to make Christmas toys for American children at rock bottom prices.

My point is that if you are going to use your platform to bring about real change, you come off as hypocritical when you call out our country for its problems while ignoring and profiting handsomely for your "obedience" to other countries whose human rights violations are 100 times worse. If Pop has the right to use his platform to speak out, then people here and other places have the right to call him out for his hypocrisy.

offset formation
10-12-2022, 08:29 PM
FUCK CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS

Yup. Funny how we weren't taught a single bit regarding his atrocities in school, at least speaking for myself. I knew the names of his ships but not a thing about the raping, pillaging, plundering, and murder his crews undertook at his direction, until about 4 years ago. I'm in my 40s.

It's way past time to drop that man's name from any semblance of honor or distinction and place him amongst the cretins of history where he belongs. Yes, he should be taught but the full story must be told.

gambit1990
10-12-2022, 08:58 PM
i hope he'll get into politics but i don't see it happening tbh. i don't think he'd want to get into that ugly world.

i see him doing something more humanitarian-y. i could see him encouraging people to vote but spend more time going to poorer countries and helping to establish / run basketball camps or something.

gambit1990
10-12-2022, 09:01 PM
i used to think he'd for sure get into politics but don't feel that way anymore.

cd98
10-12-2022, 09:19 PM
Yup. Funny how we weren't taught a single bit regarding his atrocities in school, at least speaking for myself. I knew the names of his ships but not a thing about the raping, pillaging, plundering, and murder his crews undertook at his direction, until about 4 years ago. I'm in my 40s.

It's way past time to drop that man's name from any semblance of honor or distinction and place him amongst the cretins of history where he belongs. Yes, he should be taught but the full story must be told.

Ha, let's gather the 3rd graders and talk about raping and plundering...I think the point of the holiday is to recognize the western world's discovery of America, not to celebrate the man. Of course, I don't know, but I think that was the emphasis in school, not that he was a boy scout. We celebrate of veterans, but we have soldiers in all the wars that committed rape. If we focused on the totality of the central figures of our holidays, we'd be shocked, whether it's the founding fathers or MLK, you can find plenty of reasons why they should not get their holiday. But we don't celebrate the totality of their lives, we celebrate the accomplishments that helped change history.

baseline bum
10-12-2022, 09:24 PM
Ha, let's gather the 3rd graders and talk about raping and plundering...I think the point of the holiday is to recognize the western world's discovery of America, not to celebrate the man. Of course, I don't know, but I think that was the emphasis in school, not that he was a boy scout. We celebrate of veterans, but we have soldiers in all the wars that committed rape. If we focused on the totality of the central figures of our holidays, we'd be shocked, whether it's the founding fathers or MLK, you can find plenty of reasons why they should not get their holiday. But we don't celebrate the totality of their lives, we celebrate the accomplishments that helped change history.

How many natives did MLK enslave?

cd98
10-12-2022, 09:43 PM
How many natives did MLK enslave?

If roles were switched, how do you know MLK would not have enslaved the natives or murdered or pillaged? How do you know that you wouldn't have? The mindset was different and the world view was different back then. Everyone has a dark side, whether its me, you, or MLK or Christopher Columbus. You can't judge someone that lived under different society norms 500 years ago with today's worldview that is strictly against colonialism. Was killing people and winning wars and establishing colonies celebrated 500 years ago? Yes. Society celebrated Columbus and it speared other people wanting to explore the new world. Heck, murdering and conquering people is celebrated today too when countries are at war.

That's the problem I have with the whole Christopher Columbus argument. First, most of what we know about him was written in the journal of one of his enemies. So it's hardly definitive. History is just that way. But even assuming everything the new age of historians are claiming, well, how far out of the norm was it in that society? It was totally normal and not shocking at all. Even the indigenous people murdered and plundered other tribes and raped, etc. and yet we want to celebrate them. I'm sure you would not object to renaming Columbus Day to Indigenous Day even though they perpetrated the same things on each other that Columbus did.

I just think holidays are about celebrating certain accomplishments and not the life of the person. In school, they focus on Columbus's role in mainstreaming the discovery and explorations of the new world. That journey he did was courageous and was a significant and monumental journey that aided in the development of society in the North and South American continents. But if you don't agree and you want to diminish his accomplishments and erase him from history, go ahead and keep trying.

GAustex
10-12-2022, 09:43 PM
How many rapes did MLK condone?

baseline bum
10-12-2022, 09:58 PM
If roles were switched, how do you know MLK would not have enslaved the natives or murdered or pillaged? How do you know that you wouldn't have? The mindset was different and the world view was different back then. Everyone has a dark side, whether its me, you, or MLK or Christopher Columbus. You can't judge someone that lived under different society norms 500 years ago with today's worldview that is strictly against colonialism. Was killing people and winning wars and establishing colonies celebrated 500 years ago? Yes. Society celebrated Columbus and it speared other people wanting to explore the new world. Heck, murdering and conquering people is celebrated today too when countries are at war.

That's the problem I have with the whole Christopher Columbus argument. First, most of what we know about him was written in the journal of one of his enemies. So it's hardly definitive. History is just that way. But even assuming everything the new age of historians are claiming, well, how far out of the norm was it in that society? It was totally normal and not shocking at all. Even the indigenous people murdered and plundered other tribes and raped, etc. and yet we want to celebrate them. I'm sure you would not object to renaming Columbus Day to Indigenous Day even though they perpetrated the same things on each other that Columbus did.

I just think holidays are about celebrating certain accomplishments and not the life of the person. In school, they focus on Columbus's role in mainstreaming the discovery and explorations of the new world. That journey he did was courageous and was a significant and monumental journey that aided in the development of society in the North and South American continents. But if you don't agree and you want to diminish his accomplishments and erase him from history, go ahead and keep trying.

LOL I can't judge slavery and genocide because it was 500 years ago. LOL still can't tell me how many people MLK enslaved.

baseline bum
10-12-2022, 09:59 PM
How many rapes did MLK condone?

I don't know. How many?

BacktoBasics
10-12-2022, 10:05 PM

This exemplifies everything wrong with giving dumb fucks on the internet a platform.

It’s gross negligence of thought.

This is brain rot or even under development of the brain.

If shit posting was Down Syndrome or better yet Autism they’d rename the spectrum in your honor.

You’re the Columbus of retards.

No one wants to erase history. An accurate acknowledgment would be nice. We haven’t erased Hitler, we acknowledge the atrocities. There’s a certain amount of respect for humanity that you fuckwits simply don’t grasp.

playblair
10-12-2022, 10:17 PM
bruh they are trying to change columbus day to indigenous peoples day.......the hypocrisy is never ending with the left.......
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fe4StTHXgAATIBm?format=png&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fey8HcsXEAAMdZ-?format=jpg&name=small

playblair
10-12-2022, 10:19 PM

if the full story is taught then indegenous people should be amongst the cretins of history where they belong

offset formation
10-13-2022, 05:23 AM
bruh they are trying to change columbus day to indigenous peoples day.......the hypocrisy is never ending with the left.......

You're aware that it simply resets the notion that the Americas (New World) were "discovered?"

The resetting of history recasts the anglicazation of history that celebrated the idea of a land being discovered that had already been inhabited for more than 12,000-15,000 years, perhaps as many as 20,000 years, at this point.

This isn't hard as to why people want to reference it as Indigenous People's Day. And at bo point does it "whitewash" anything from those histories. In fact, I know far more about their incivilities towards one another than I did Columbus' until 4 years ago. What does that say about our penchant for telling the full story of history?

rjv
10-13-2022, 10:12 AM

:rollin

rjv
10-13-2022, 10:52 AM

lumping all violence and acts of crime under one banner is just intellectually lazy. try picking up an anthropology, sociology or philosophy text every now and then.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2022, 11:24 AM
:lol the Columbus apologists are MAD

ChumpDumper
10-13-2022, 11:26 AM

I'd be fine with an Italian-American day that didn't glorify a single raping genocidal slaver.:tu

Leetonidas
10-13-2022, 11:44 AM

:lol imagine being so dumb that you think these are clever gotcha posts or intelligent rebuttals

Leetonidas
10-13-2022, 11:45 AM
never mind the fact that columbus killed 250,000+ natives when he landed in Haiti. but yeah they used to have scarifies in their culture so it makes it okay! :lol what an idiot

rjv
10-13-2022, 11:55 AM
:lol imagine being so dumb that you think these are clever gotcha posts or intelligent rebuttals

playblair is giving ducks a run for his money on the least likely to get an invite to Mensa poster.

ambchang
10-13-2022, 02:46 PM
You guys did realize that Columbus' reputation was "restored" around mid/late 1800's because the good ole US of A just wanted to piss off the UK and legitimize their national standing, right?

So why is it OK to revise his reputation 300 years after he died but not OK to recorrect it after 500?

ambchang
10-13-2022, 02:49 PM

So it'd be totally kosher for you to have, say, China, come in and kill and rape Americans today, reducing the population from 330 million down to 3 million because there are murders, rapes and capital punishments in the US now? I am not really catching your logic.

JPB
10-13-2022, 04:25 PM

I guess it was OK to genocide them, then...

Civilisations had all kind of weird cults throuhout the world (human scacrifice, sending dudes fight lions in arenas, nailing fantasy prophets on crosses... Some Egyptians and Vikkings were killing lords/pharaon servants when their lords were dead so they follow him in the grave.. And when your siege was succesfull in the middle age you could happily slaughter everyone and rape the rest... that's when you weren't burned alive for being a redhead or tortured for being a protestant...

Nah about celebrating that barbary... Well...

JPB
10-13-2022, 04:32 PM
So it'd be totally kosher for you to have, say, China, come in and kill and rape Americans today, reducing the population from 330 million down to 3 million because there are murders, rapes and capital punishments in the US now? I am not really catching your logic.

And because of course in 2022, if not for Colombus, native americans would still do all of that.. Just like today's Europe is exactly the same as Columbus days... torutre, slavery, rapes and stuff...

rascal
10-15-2022, 06:49 AM
Only talk about politics if it's something you agree with is what the OP means.

exstatic
10-15-2022, 07:00 AM
History isn’t politics.

Harry Callahan
10-15-2022, 07:12 AM
I kind of miss the good old days (at least a decade ago) when Gregory treated the sports media like crap and provided them/they with the contempt they deserve. Mean old Popovich being dismissive of stupid questions instead of approval seeking Gregory receiving the softball questions and then going on his regular non-basketball rant. He is one of the cool kids now - living in the echo chamber.

diego
10-15-2022, 09:29 AM
Ugh thankfully a lot of good posts to rebut the stupidity in this thread.

Just want to add for the ignorant fools here that indigenous peoples in the Americas were thousands of different tribes and not all can be equivocated with Columbus' genocide, slavery, rape.

If that were the standard though, the same would apply to Europeans. The old and new testament are full of references to slavery and genocide, in fact one could argue that the logic within is an implicit recognition that it is wrong/bad as usually when slavery and rape are encouraged it is a punishment or vengeance, probably for indigenous peoples too but a lot of their history was intentionally destroyed by their conquerors

So if all you have as an argument is that everyone is terrible, remind us all again why some have noble statues and holidays while others are treated as primitive casualties of progress? Isn't it hypocritical how some want pop to call out china, but have nothing to say about morey not saying anything about Myanmar??

This kind of stupidity can go on forever, and unfortunately it probably will.

diego
10-15-2022, 09:31 AM
Oh, and Bartolomeo de las casas is a famous contemporary of Columbus, and clearly didn't share his standard and ethics, another example that neither indigenous people or Europeans were uniform blocks of genocidal rapists

KobesAchilles
10-15-2022, 01:20 PM
I mean why should anyone care one way or another? This shit happened 500 years ago. People just love to complain about stuff. That’s all I really hear. It’s not like anybody actually celebrates Columbus Day. It’s just a bs holiday we gave to get a day off from stuff. If it really upsets you then take the day off and protest about it. Otherwise just chill.

exstatic
10-15-2022, 05:10 PM
I mean why should anyone care one way or another? This shit happened 500 years ago. People just love to complain about stuff. That’s all I really hear. It’s not like anybody actually celebrates Columbus Day. It’s just a bs holiday we gave to get a day off from stuff. If it really upsets you then take the day off and protest about it. Otherwise just chill.

I don’t think anyone wants to do away with the holiday itself, just repurpose it. After all, there are still indigenous to celebrate, despite our best efforts, and why should celebrate some slaver killer putz? He was from 500 years ago, and apparently that’s an irrelevant time frame to people now.

K...
10-15-2022, 08:44 PM
i just wonder if people also got wound up over military base renaming away from confederates. Same deal. Seems like it happened with a minimum of fuss. also the chiefs, redskins, etc.

KobesAchilles
10-16-2022, 01:18 PM
I don’t think anyone wants to do away with the holiday itself, just repurpose it. After all, there are still indigenous to celebrate, despite our best efforts, and why should celebrate some slaver killer putz? He was from 500 years ago, and apparently that’s an irrelevant time frame to people now.

You could do that. Make a Indigenous Day. I honestly don’t care one way or the other. The 1400s weren’t exactly a time of people doing correct things ethically. You have people who correctly point out the things Columbus did, although the research on that is extremely difficult tbh, and also people correctly pointing out that NAs weren’t exactly saints either.

There just seems like a lot of other things to put your energy to rather than whine about Columbus Day.

offset formation
10-16-2022, 01:37 PM

Principle should matter. People should not be celebrating anyone of such vile character knowingly or not. And again, I consider myself to be quite historically aware yet didnt know 1/1000th of the atrocities ascribed to Columbus or his men until the last 5 years or so. That's a failure of our education system that allows people like Columbus to then be honored and laws passed that make it so.

You're right that most people just take the day off (I don't get it off) and go about their day. But the principle HAS to matter. Otherwise, what are we doing here?

offset formation
10-16-2022, 01:40 PM
i just wonder if people also got wound up over military base renaming away from confederates. Same deal. Seems like it happened with a minimum of fuss. also the chiefs, redskins, etc.

The largest army base in the US is about to be renamed from Ft Hood precisely because of this.

playblair
10-16-2022, 01:55 PM
so u want to celebrate people who did the same ish as columbous..........bruh u leftist are hypocryitessssssssssss.......an indigenous person once said the only difference between them & columbus was whitey had guns.......meaning the indigenous themselves were savages.......

GAustex
10-16-2022, 01:59 PM
Just like Europe Asia Africa Middle East NAs fought tribe v tribe
Winners killed or enslaved the men took/raped the women and stole or killed the kids

KobesAchilles
10-16-2022, 06:31 PM
The largest army base in the US is about to be renamed from Ft Hood precisely because of this.
On a complete side note, I never understood why Hood got a base named after him. The dude was one of the worst generals in the Civil War. I mean it’s bad enough I suppose how abhorrent he was as a person but just his track record as a general should be bad enough to where we wouldn’t name a base after him.

And to your other point, does principle really matter. I tried researching (several years ago now) about Columbus and found there wasn’t that much solid information about him. There’s a hate campaign against him for sure, but it was written by not the most reputable source. And while Columbus wasn’t a saint by any means, I’m not so sure he was that different from many of the people around his era. Ffs people still go visit the pyramids or the Great Wall of china or the Colosseum, and we know slaves built these places. If principal really mattered we wouldn’t hold many of our forefathers in great light.

baseline bum
10-16-2022, 07:05 PM

You seem to care. Why is it so important slaver Columbus keeps his day and why are you complaining about people not wanting a holiday named after such a piece of filth?

ChumpDumper
10-16-2022, 09:04 PM
On a complete side note, I never understood why Hood got a base named after him. The dude was one of the worst generals in the Civil War. I mean it’s bad enough I suppose how abhorrent he was as a person but just his track record as a general should be bad enough to where we wouldn’t name a base after him.

And to your other point, does principle really matter. I tried researching (several years ago now) about Columbus and found there wasn’t that much solid information about him. There’s a hate campaign against him for sure, but it was written by not the most reputable source. And while Columbus wasn’t a saint by any means, I’m not so sure he was that different from many of the people around his era. Ffs people still go visit the pyramids or the Great Wall of china or the Colosseum, and we know slaves built these places. If principal really mattered we wouldn’t hold many of our forefathers in great light.
I don't care what the woke soyboys say -- I always enjoy the pageantry of our annual Khufu Day parade.

rastaspur
10-16-2022, 10:28 PM
Charmin soft snowflake.

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 08:56 AM

That’s actually because of the woke culture that pussies have adopted.

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 08:58 AM
Spurstalk is flooded with expert historians and social intellectuals lmao who would have thought that so many PHDs would be all in on spot lmao.

K...
10-17-2022, 09:10 AM
Spurstalk is flooded with expert historians and social intellectuals lmao who would have thought that so many PHDs would be all in on spot lmao.
It was the off season so anything goes but if you really want to liven this place up post a thread about the spurs moving to austin.

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 10:35 AM
It was the off season so anything goes but if you really want to liven this place up post a thread about the spurs moving to austin.

Na I have a life, I’m at work.

baseline bum
10-17-2022, 01:07 PM

Yeah real niggas celebrate slavery and genocide

ambchang
10-17-2022, 01:56 PM

I assume you have a PhD in social sciences and human behaviour then?

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 01:58 PM
Yeah real niggas celebrate slavery and genocide

Id rather do that than to push a woke agenda, just like everything is being canceled by the main stream so will being “woke” get canceled.

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 01:59 PM
I assume you have a PhD in social sciences and human behaviour then?

I sure do not, how about you?

ChumpDumper
10-17-2022, 02:04 PM
Id rather do that than to push a woke agenda, just like everything is being canceled by the main stream so will being “woke” get canceled.You'd rather celebrate slavery and genocide.

lol

ambchang
10-17-2022, 02:24 PM
I sure do not, how about you?

Nope. So how did you conclude there are expert historians and social intellectuals here?

Btw, aren’t you at work?

cd98
10-17-2022, 02:33 PM
I know this is a waste of time because there is no persuading anyone of anything on this website. I mean, there are people here who think Tony Parker isn't a HOF point guard or that Kawhi justifiably left S.A.

But it's really kind of silly to pretend we celebrate rape, slavery, and murder on Columbus Day. From the time I was in third grade a long time ago, we learned that Columbus took a brave voyage to discover an alternate route to India and ran into the Americas unknowingly. Obviously, there were people here when he got to the Americas and yes, he wasn't the first one to find it, but he made it popular and spurred more discoveries of the new world and like it or not, it sped up the development of what we have today. I don't know that Columbus killed or raped anyone. I'm sure someone on that boat did. The world is filled with degenerates and where there is no rule of law, sadly, anything goes. But in fairness, most of the genocide came from the common cold. But for that, the conquistadors and the explorers would have been wiped out purely by numbers and guerilla warfare.

offset formation
10-17-2022, 02:56 PM

For a whitey like yourself that whines about wokeism, woke just means you're being held accountable and you can no longer freely spout racist, misogynistic, homophobic, etc things, and so you cry about woke culture. Can it go overboard like anything else? Sure. But primarily, you're just mad you have to watch your tongue now.

baseline bum
10-17-2022, 03:51 PM
You'd rather celebrate slavery and genocide.

lol

Trump taught the right they don't even have to hide it.

baseline bum
10-17-2022, 03:52 PM
I know this is a waste of time because there is no persuading anyone of anything on this website. I mean, there are people here who think Tony Parker isn't a HOF point guard or that Kawhi justifiably left S.A.

But it's really kind of silly to pretend we celebrate rape, slavery, and murder on Columbus Day. From the time I was in third grade a long time ago, we learned that Columbus took a brave voyage to discover an alternate route to India and ran into the Americas unknowingly. Obviously, there were people here when he got to the Americas and yes, he wasn't the first one to find it, but he made it popular and spurred more discoveries of the new world and like it or not, it sped up the development of what we have today. I don't know that Columbus killed or raped anyone. I'm sure someone on that boat did. The world is filled with degenerates and where there is no rule of law, sadly, anything goes. But in fairness, most of the genocide came from the common cold. But for that, the conquistadors and the explorers would have been wiped out purely by numbers and guerilla warfare.

Did the slavery come from the cold too? Let's celebrate Hitler, he got the trains running on time allegedly. LOL brave voyage to enslave people.

cd98
10-17-2022, 04:33 PM
Did the slavery come from the cold too? Let's celebrate Hitler, he got the trains running on time allegedly. LOL brave voyage to enslave people.

Welp, his voyage was not to enslave people, it was to find a shorter passage to India and bring back riches. People don't celebrate Columbus Day for enslaving and any suggestion that it is what the holiday is about is just not serious and probably why it will never change. Does celebrating MLK day mean that we celebrate adulterers that plagiarize?

And we really need to stop with the Hitler comparisons because those are a category by itself. I mean comparing getting trains to run on time or whatever to the Columbus voyage is just an not a serious thought. The Columbus voyage was a world changing event. Whoever runs the buses and trains now in Germany and all of Europe does a good job. Much better than the US.

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 04:40 PM
Nope. So how did you conclude there are expert historians and social intellectuals here?

Btw, aren’t you at work?

I was taking lunch/slash break is that alright with you. I came to the conclusion on my own, so what? Did I hurt your feelings?

ChumpDumper
10-17-2022, 04:41 PM
Welp, his voyage was not to enslave people, it was to find a shorter passage to India and bring back riches.India became Hispaniola and riches became slaves.

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 04:42 PM
For a whitey like yourself that whines about wokeism, woke just means you're being held accountable and you can no longer freely spout racist, misogynistic, homophobic, etc things, and so you cry about woke culture. Can it go overboard like anything else? Sure. But primarily, you're just mad you have to watch your tongue now.

I stopped at “whitey” lol. I’ll read the rest later if I bored.

baseline bum
10-17-2022, 05:02 PM
Welp, his voyage was not to enslave people, it was to find a shorter passage to India and bring back riches. People don't celebrate Columbus Day for enslaving and any suggestion that it is what the holiday is about is just not serious and probably why it will never change. Does celebrating MLK day mean that we celebrate adulterers that plagiarize?

And we really need to stop with the Hitler comparisons because those are a category by itself. I mean comparing getting trains to run on time or whatever to the Columbus voyage is just an not a serious thought. The Columbus voyage was a world changing event. Whoever runs the buses and trains now in Germany and all of Europe does a good job. Much better than the US.

Excusing slavery isn't a serious thought.

cd98
10-17-2022, 05:17 PM

You are right. In fact, we shouldn't celebrate the 4th of July either because even though that was celebrating independence from England, it still didn't free slaves. We should also get rid of Thanksgiving because the pilgrims took/stole lands from Native Americans and I'm sure they killed some Native Americans in the process. We should get rid of President's Day because we've had some awful ones and even the good ones did bad things and have started wars with other countries that led to lots of people dying and probably raping and pillaging too. We should just get rid of holidays or create brand new ones that do not celebrate anything, but instead are just called "holidays."

ChumpDumper
10-17-2022, 05:56 PM
You are right. In fact, we shouldn't celebrate the 4th of July either because even though that was celebrating independence from England, it still didn't free slaves. We should also get rid of Thanksgiving because the pilgrims took/stole lands from Native Americans and I'm sure they killed some Native Americans in the process. We should get rid of President's Day because we've had some awful ones and even the good ones did bad things and have started wars with other countries that led to lots of people dying and probably raping and pillaging too. We should just get rid of holidays or create brand new ones that do not celebrate anything, but instead are just called "holidays."Let's start with the raping genocidal religious fanatic slaver and his personal day before we get that abstract. Deal?

playblair
10-17-2022, 05:58 PM
black people started the slave trade.....in fact it was black people who first sold black people.....black people hunted down blacks to sell to whitey so why have black history month

Kermit
10-17-2022, 06:07 PM
black people started the slave trade.....in fact it was black people who first sold black people.....black people hunted down blacks to sell to whitey so why have black history month

Today I learned that Africans sold Jews to Egypt.

ChumpDumper
10-17-2022, 06:07 PM
black people started the slave trade.....in fact it was black people who first sold black people.....black people hunted down blacks to sell to whitey so why have black history monthHistory isn't a person.

Gibbz
10-17-2022, 06:11 PM

https://gray-wlox-prod.cdn.arcpublishing.com/resizer/pwbFjtuNAV0xupX0t9--QikJ34c=/800x800/smart/filters:quality(70)/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/gray/R7TX3JO5IVEOZDKTNHIVKOD524.jpg

ambchang
10-17-2022, 07:08 PM
I was taking lunch/slash break is that alright with you. I came to the conclusion on my own, so what? Did I hurt your feelings?

Pretty long lunch and plenty of breaks. Truly privileged.

What brings you to think that would hurt anybodys feelings? You are just that good at coming to conclusions so just to help you, perhaps you should really review your work and thinking before coming to those conclusions. You just seem to contradict yourself over and over again and be quite emotional over it. Seek help for your own sake.

ambchang
10-17-2022, 07:31 PM
Someone explain to me, why are Americans celebrating an Italian guy who’s claim to fame was sponsored by the Spanish again?

ChumpDumper
10-17-2022, 07:44 PM
Someone explain to me, why are Americans celebrating an Italian guy who’s claim to fame was sponsored by the Spanish again?

The Mafia.

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 07:56 PM
Pretty long lunch and plenty of breaks. Truly privileged.

What brings you to think that would hurt anybodys feelings? You are just that good at coming to conclusions so just to help you, perhaps you should really review your work and thinking before coming to those conclusions. You just seem to contradict yourself over and over again and be quite emotional over it. Seek help for your own sake.

Just the type of statement I was expecting from a fortune cookie strip. I don’t live in communist china I live in the United States of America we can take a lunch we can take breaks so YES I do have privileges. Im not woke girl, im still in the middle of my American dream and whenever I do “wake up” I’ll be ready to protect that American dream that you and your goons are after. Come and take it!

ambchang
10-17-2022, 09:02 PM
Just the type of statement I was expecting from a fortune cookie strip. I don’t live in communist china I live in the United States of America we can take a lunch we can take breaks so YES I do have privileges. Im not woke girl, im still in the middle of my American dream and whenever I do “wake up” I’ll be ready to protect that American dream that you and your goons are after. Come and take it!

Paid to take long lunches and breaks while others hardworking Americans are filling your share so that the US can stay competitive. Lol proud to be a leech.

ambchang
10-17-2022, 09:05 PM
Let me know whenever you are ready. I live nearby.

widowmaker, to quote you, did I hurt your feelings? :lmao man what a loser. Seriously, are you actually a left leaning guy posing as the right to make them look bad?

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 09:27 PM
widowmaker (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17622), to quote you, did I hurt your feelings? :lmao man what a loser. Seriously, are you actually a left leaning guy posing as the right to make them look bad?

Na your feelings are hurt commie, dont try to twist it back on me like I said im in the middle of my American dream.

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 09:29 PM
Paid to take long lunches and breaks while others hardworking Americans are filling your share so that the US can stay competitive. Lol proud to be a leech.

Your not an American you don’t even pay taxes here. Go back to your rice bowl eat up your gonna need the energy.

ambchang
10-17-2022, 09:33 PM
Na your feelings are hurt commie, dont try to twist it back on me like I said im in the middle of my American dream.

Explains the PM.

Your not an American you don’t even pay taxes here. Go back to your rice bowl eat up your gonna need the energy.

I doubt you have to pay taxes either with your breaks and lunches.

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 09:39 PM
Explains the PM.

I doubt you have to pay taxes either with your breaks and lunches.

I pay taxes because I have a job, what a dummy I guess its a new concept to you commies.

baseline bum
10-17-2022, 09:45 PM
widowmaker, to quote you, did I hurt your feelings? :lmao man what a loser. Seriously, are you actually a left leaning guy posing as the right to make them look bad?

LOL snowflake actually wanted to fight you? :lmao

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 09:47 PM

You have been online all day running your mouth typing away, what else do you do other than come on here and spend hours and hours trying to find discord?

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 09:50 PM

Calling me a Snowflake take a step back pendejo

baseline bum
10-17-2022, 09:58 PM
Calling me a Snowflake take a step back pendejo

You're the one trying to get ambchang to come kick your teeth in because you can't handle your emotions tbh.

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 10:03 PM
You're the one trying to get ambchang (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=986) to come kick your teeth in because you can't handle your emotions tbh.

Aint nobody gonna kick my teeth in calm down joto. Take a handle on your emotions and get off mah dick.

baseline bum
10-17-2022, 10:22 PM
Aint nobody gonna kick my teeth in calm down joto. Take a handle on your emotions and get off mah dick.

LOL deleted your PM son

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 10:32 PM
LOL deleted your PM son

Ok I still told you. As long as you know.

KobesAchilles
10-17-2022, 10:40 PM
You seem to care. Why is it so important slaver Columbus keeps his day and why are you complaining about people not wanting a holiday named after such a piece of filth?
I mean I said in an earlier post that they could change it to indigenous day and it wouldn’t bother me so…

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 10:50 PM
I mean I said in an earlier post that they could change it to indigenous day and it wouldn’t bother me so…

Why reinvent the wheel? Columbus Day is just as good. The majority will speak. Maybe not on spurstalk but we are only talking about a couple hundred if that. But here in Texas there are millions of people that would just like to keep it as such. I had a good Columbus day btw. And thanksgiving is right around the corner and I will have a feast. Anyone that needs anything let me know, I have spare change in my center console.

widowmaker
10-17-2022, 10:55 PM
I think HEB has a good price on rice for those of you that need two sticks to grab 1 grain of rice.

baseline bum
10-17-2022, 11:24 PM
Why reinvent the wheel? Columbus Day is just as good. The majority will speak. Maybe not on spurstalk but we are only talking about a couple hundred if that. But here in Texas there are millions of people that would just like to keep it as such. I had a good Columbus day btw. And thanksgiving is right around the corner and I will have a feast. Anyone that needs anything let me know, I have spare change in my center console.

Why is honoring a slaver just as good?

benefactor
10-18-2022, 12:14 AM
I can beat your ass. Name the place. I've already had one scared bitch run from me here. You want to be number two?

benefactor
10-18-2022, 12:18 AM
I can beat your ass. Name the place. I've already had one scared bitch run from me here. You want to be number two?
I just need someone here to volunteer to tape it and meet both of us so all here can see me leave you asleep on the sidewalk.

widowmaker
10-18-2022, 05:41 AM

Come to my house ill leave the door open for you? Remember all I have to do is drag u across the front door.

widowmaker
10-18-2022, 05:42 AM
Why is honoring a slaver just as good?

Don’t worry about it, get a job do something with your life and all the irrelevant questions that you have will disappear.

widowmaker
10-18-2022, 05:43 AM
I just need someone here to volunteer to tape it and meet both of us so all here can see me leave you asleep on the sidewalk.

You need someone to tape the last seconds of your life bitch quit acting tough.

ambchang
10-18-2022, 07:01 AM
I pay taxes because I have a job, what a dummy I guess its a new concept to you commies.

First, what I imply is that you don’t seem to work and just leech off society. Anybody with even a slightly below average intelligence could’ve figured that one out, but since it’s you so I wrote it out.

Second, the concept of communism is that people pay HEAVY taxes (in different forms but the concept is the same) such that the government redistributes the resources to everyone equally. It doesn’t take a phd to know that, just google.

ambchang
10-18-2022, 07:02 AM
You have been online all day running your mouth typing away, what else do you do other than come on here and spend hours and hours trying to find discord?

The ironic thing is that you responded immediately after I did. And I wasn’t the one saying I have a life because I worked.

ambchang
10-18-2022, 07:03 AM

I’m not entirely sure. Maybe he’s trying to get a new friend and visit his house due to desperate loneliness. Seems like those overly aggressive clingy types where normal people avoid in real life.

widowmaker
10-18-2022, 08:20 AM
I’m not entirely sure. Maybe he’s trying to get a new friend and visit his house due to desperate loneliness. Seems like those overly aggressive clingy types where normal people avoid in real life.

Friends here?? Lol na im good you ain’t on my level to be my friend lol we don’t share the same values so no.

widowmaker
10-18-2022, 08:22 AM
First, what I imply is that you don’t seem to work and just leech off society. Anybody with even a slightly below average intelligence could’ve figured that one out, but since it’s you so I wrote it out.

Second, the concept of communism is that people pay HEAVY taxes (in different forms but the concept is the same) such that the government redistributes the resources to everyone equally. It doesn’t take a phd to know that, just google.

Exactly that your intelligence is below average by making assumptions of someone you know nothing about.

widowmaker
10-18-2022, 08:25 AM
The ironic thing is that you responded immediately after I did. And I wasn’t the one saying I have a life because I worked.

Well this is an online forum, people come and go on this thing at any given moment but hey what do I know you claim to be smarter than the average person right? Lol. Give your keyboard a rest, take the day off from this thing.

widowmaker
10-18-2022, 08:37 AM

Na I live in capitalism, im good don’t need to Google communism like you did.

ChumpDumper
10-18-2022, 09:39 AM
Friends here?? Lol na im good you ain’t on my level to be my friend lol we don’t share the same values so no.

Exactly that your intelligence is below average by making assumptions of someone you know nothing about.

Well this is an online forum, people come and go on this thing at any given moment but hey what do I know you claim to be smarter than the average person right? Lol. Give your keyboard a rest, take the day off from this thing.

U mad.

baseline bum
10-18-2022, 10:02 AM

https://cdn.unimedliving.com/production/images/articles/2630/thumb_big_XO273-sjm-20200307-8833.jpg

ambchang
10-18-2022, 10:18 AM

I am, like most sane people on earth, actually taking this as a huge compliment. Thank you.

So you can't read too. Noted.

Confirmed that you can't read. And you are the one who responded to four posts from mine without knowing how to do multiple quotes, so I am not sure why you are so insistent on telling me to give my keyboard a rest. What are you using as input?

So living in capitalism means being willingly ignorant. Cool.

widowmaker
10-18-2022, 10:30 AM
I am, like most sane people on earth, actually taking this as a huge compliment. Thank you.

So you can't read too. Noted.

Confirmed that you can't read. And you are the one who responded to four posts from mine without knowing how to do multiple quotes, so I am not sure why you are so insistent on telling me to give my keyboard a rest. What are you using as input?

So living in capitalism means being willingly ignorant. Cool.

Cool have a good rest of your day.

offset formation
10-18-2022, 01:05 PM
Come to my house ill leave the door open for you? Remember all I have to do is drag u across the front door.

So you can shoot him? Stand your ground laws are for straight up cowards.

playblair
10-18-2022, 01:19 PM
Stand your ground laws are for straight up cowards.
how offset formation & liberals think bruh
https://wompampsupport.azureedge.net/fetchimage?siteId=7575&v=2&jpgQuality=100&width=700&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Fnewsfeed%2F002%2F329%2 F691%2F089.jpg

widowmaker
10-18-2022, 05:22 PM

Bitch you are a coward

benefactor
10-18-2022, 05:27 PM

You need someone to tape the last seconds of your life bitch quit acting tough.
Translation...Im a pussy who can't fight and got beat up for running mouth now I threaten people with muh gun. Yeah we are done here.

benefactor
10-18-2022, 05:34 PM
He is. He's no better than Joey, who kept telling people he was going beat them up and calling them pussies and when said I would meet him and beat his ass he immediately said all his friends were coming:lol.

Scared, tough talking pussy.

offset formation
10-18-2022, 09:32 PM
Bitch you are a coward

Ha. Bet you are without your house's threshold and a gun. Just like a Republican. Selfish scared little white men.

ambchang
10-18-2022, 10:56 PM
Guys, go easy on him, deep down he is not one of those red neck conservatives, he is pretty suppressed and like to have weird fantasies about dogs. i'm not here to judge and he can do whatever but he reminds me of that military dad in American Beauty, he is just lost and went overboard with his perceived toughness because he can't really handle who he is.

Let me know whenever you are ready. I live nearby.
Near where?

Near you.
Which is where?
Near you. You don’t know where you are at?

You don’t seem to know where you are at. It’s close to me but you don’t know where I’m at. Let me know when you figured out where you are.

im here.

You remind me of a dog chasing it's tail, around and around.

you remind me of a dog licking its own asshole lol.

So you are into that, cool. I am not judging, you do you. Stay true to yourself.

Sure.

Noted you will continue with your odd obsessions with dogs.

noted you will continue to act like a bitch lmao

dbestpro
10-19-2022, 12:13 AM
.Im a pussy who can't fight and got beat up for running mouth now I threaten people with muh gun. Yeah we are done here.
I have never seen such an admission.

dbestpro
10-19-2022, 12:15 AM
Ha. Bet you are without your house's threshold and a gun. Just like a Republican. Selfish scared little white men.

So you must prefer liberal white men who think you can't put two sentences together without them. Got it.

timtonymanu
10-19-2022, 05:50 AM
I love how these threads immediately get so many replies.

More replies than a typical Spurs game thread nowadays :lol

Dejounte
10-19-2022, 05:56 AM
The same people who think white men are a minority are the same people who think majority of the fans on this board say that we have a big three right now on the roster. Their mind is so warped that they think they’re outnumbered when in reality it’s far from the truth. White men aren’t a minority and there are far more people on this board who think we don’t have much talent.

Best thing to do is to ignore stupid people on the internet. They’ll have so many logical fallacies that it’s not worth it. Then their plan B is usually weak attempts at humor or taking your own argument and twisting it out of context.

widowmaker
10-19-2022, 12:29 PM
Guys, go easy on him, deep down he is not one of those red neck conservatives, he is pretty suppressed and like to have weird fantasies about dogs. i'm not here to judge and he can do whatever but he reminds me of that military dad in American Beauty, he is just lost and went overboard with his perceived toughness because he can't really handle who he is.

Ok you first. Shut up faggit.

widowmaker
10-19-2022, 12:30 PM

Now you. Shut up faggit.

widowmaker
10-19-2022, 12:30 PM
Translation...Im a pussy who can't fight and got beat up for running mouth now I threaten people with muh gun. Yeah we are done here.

And last. Shut up faggit. Btw let me know when faggit.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-19-2022, 12:40 PM
And last. Shut up faggit. Btw let me know when faggit.

LMAO "FAGGIT"

/thread

ambchang
10-19-2022, 01:27 PM
This is just getting sad. Let’s pray for him.

widowmaker
10-19-2022, 02:06 PM
LMAO "FAGGIT"

/thread

Knocking them down one after the other ping, pow, poof lmao!!

widowmaker
10-19-2022, 02:08 PM
This is just getting sad. Let’s pray for him.

It is getting sad you keep trying to be relevant but nobody gives a fuck you exist lmao. Some of these dumbasses can not understand that they are being toyed around with lmao.

ambchang
10-19-2022, 07:01 PM
It is getting sad you keep trying to be relevant but nobody gives a fuck you exist lmao. Some of these dumbasses can not understand that they are being toyed around with lmao.

Why don't you PM me some more and respond all day to me?

widowmaker
10-19-2022, 08:01 PM

Awe how cute, what a panochita Lmao.

offset formation
10-19-2022, 08:04 PM
Knocking them down one after the other ping, pow, poof lmao!!
Allan Rowe vs Wade, he still ain't picking up what you were putting down.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-19-2022, 10:49 PM
Allan Rowe vs Wade, he still ain't picking up what you were putting down.

what a moran

widowmaker
05-16-2023, 10:49 PM
what a moran

Fuck you bitch. You are the fucking moron. Vete a la verga pendejo.

widowmaker
05-16-2023, 10:51 PM

Hey are u still around or have u gotten shot already?

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-16-2023, 11:52 PM
Fuck you bitch. You are the fucking moron. Vete a la verga pendejo.

i'm sorry you're salty about Pop getting to coach Wemby

cd98
05-16-2023, 11:54 PM
Hey Pop only brings up politics when there is nothing about the Spurs worth talking about. Best solution for anyone that agrees/disagrees with his politics is for the Spurs to be relevant again and both sides can come together in their mutual love of Spurs basketball.

ambchang
05-17-2023, 09:16 AM
Hey are u still around or have u gotten shot already?

You got some issues man, I think you need some counseling
To help your ass from bouncing off the walls when you get down some
I hope you get to read this letter, I just hope it reaches you in time
Before you hurt yourself, I think that you'll be doing just fine
If you relax a little

widowmaker
05-17-2023, 11:23 AM
You got some issues man, I think you need some counseling
To help your ass from bouncing off the walls when you get down some
I hope you get to read this letter, I just hope it reaches you in time
Before you hurt yourself, I think that you'll be doing just fine
If you relax a little

Oh your still alive lol.

widowmaker
05-17-2023, 11:25 AM
i'm sorry you're salty about Pop getting to coach Wemby

Na im good

ambchang
05-17-2023, 03:22 PM
Oh your still alive lol.

My what now?

widowmaker
05-18-2023, 02:34 PM
My what now?

Cocaine

ambchang
05-18-2023, 05:10 PM
Cocaine

I don't have any, but it does explain a lot about you.

widowmaker
05-18-2023, 05:17 PM
I don't have any, but it does explain a lot about you.

Why don’t u have any? U broke or somethin?

ambchang
05-18-2023, 05:18 PM
Why don’t u have any? U broke or somethin?

Yes I am, because that is the only reason people don't have cocaine.

widowmaker
05-18-2023, 05:33 PM

Shoot brah let me know ill hire you.

widowmaker
05-18-2023, 05:33 PM

That way you can keep your pockets full of coke all day.

ambchang
05-18-2023, 07:25 PM
Hold on. Let me get a diagram drawer just for you.