PDA

View Full Version : TriPods at the gym?

Mark Celibate
10-19-2022, 01:43 PM
Been seeing a very disturbing increase in f@ggotry behavior when working out lately tbh

Average looking Joes bringing tripods to the gym to film their workout, most of them are also wearing goofy bodybuilding clothing. Only issue is that they are...average joes. Saw another one today, who cleared the area in front of the bench to set up all his stuff...he turned the camera on, did some weird dance, only to bench 185 maybe 4 or 5 times? To make it worse I was next to him repping 50+ pounds more. The cognitive dissonance was amazing.

Saw another one this past week who did the whole song and dance, set up the tripod, did the 'stanky leg' or something similar then proceeded to dumbbell bench press ....*GASP* 40 lb dumbbells!! What an amazing feat!

Is this g@y behavior increasing because of these Gen Z'ers all wanting to become social media influencers or something?

SpursforSix
10-19-2022, 01:53 PM
I'm embarrassed to say that I'm a tripod everywhere.

lefty20
10-19-2022, 03:16 PM
Wannabe tiktokers, tbh.

Mark Celibate
10-19-2022, 03:30 PM
Wannabe tiktokers, tbh.

makes sense tbh literally never seen this before the last six months or so. Sure, I've seen guys get their friends to film them actually lifting seriously heavy weight or breaking PRs (good for them) but f@gs practically setting up a mini-studio to show off repping below-average weight is a new level of narcissism. Hopefully this trend isn't here to stay imo. Most of the people I've seen doing this look younger than 25

FrostKing
10-19-2022, 04:00 PM
You had me at all the dancing references :lol

Don't Gyms require permission for people to film especially such an extravagant setup.

I've only seen this one recently, guy was strong/older and fortunately it was Sunday afternoon so his equipment wasn't in the way.

Blake
10-19-2022, 05:01 PM
^ that's what I was wondering. Surprised the gyms allow it.

Haven't been to a gym since covid tho. May start to venture the again

Mark Celibate
10-19-2022, 06:14 PM
I would never directly tell someone to kill themselves but when one feels the need to film themselves when they can barely bench their own body weight then I feel like suicide is the only option at that point tbh

Momo
10-21-2022, 12:00 PM
I would never directly tell someone to kill themselves but when one feels the need to film themselves when they can barely bench their own body weight then I feel like suicide is the only option at that point tbh
I would

Millennial_Messiah
10-21-2022, 07:01 PM
I misread the title as "Tide Pods at the gym" tbh

Dirks_Finale
10-22-2022, 05:27 PM
I have not yet encountered this trend. Usually it's just the dumb azz Gen Z people watching movies on whatever machine that I need to hit next.

benefactor
10-22-2022, 05:55 PM
^ that's what I was wondering. Surprised the gyms allow it.

Haven't been to a gym since covid tho. May start to venture the again
Ive had a career change this year and it's murdered my gym time. Planning on starting back again soon though.

Mark Celibate
10-22-2022, 06:27 PM
Ive had a career change this year and it's murdered my gym time. Planning on starting back again soon though.

the GOAT has arrived tbh

need prime benefactor to show up and shoulder press these f@gs for reps imo

benefactor
10-22-2022, 09:34 PM
the GOAT has arrived tbh

need prime benefactor to show up and shoulder press these f@gs for reps imo
I'm ready to get back to having all them just stare as I casually stack three plates on both sides of the bar and row out 315 on the bench at 5 or 6 reps with no spot

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-23-2022, 09:31 AM
I'm ready to get back to having all them just stare as I casually stack three plates on both sides of the bar and row out 315 on the bench at 5 or 6 reps with no spot

nice warmup tbh