10-29-2022, 06:10 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/joshua-primo-waived-spurs-what-we-know/

Wow, tbh.

Leetonidas
10-29-2022, 06:32 AM
So basically, not much :lol

playblair
10-29-2022, 06:48 AM
bruh its obvious this is a royce white larry sanders situation.......he was likely hazed into quitting

tbdog
10-29-2022, 06:52 AM
The spurs don't usually leak. But this is next level.

sananspursfan21
10-29-2022, 07:05 AM
The confusion has only grown as time goes on :cry

KingKev
10-29-2022, 07:22 AM
SRPs are waived all the time, tbh.

Those open growth plates were moving though…. Updated height of 6’6 on NBA.com this week. Easily could have still grown to 6’15 with PATFO’s track record of player development.

Anyways, Wesley got next.

NickiRasgo
10-29-2022, 07:37 AM
Spurs basically waived both of their 2021 draft picks in less than 2 weeks.

John B
10-29-2022, 07:47 AM
Goodluck kid. I hope you find the help that you’re looking for. I know he’ll be back as a Spur and even stronger.

CGD
10-29-2022, 08:31 AM
Spurs basically waived both of their 2021 draft picks in less than 2 weeks.

Wisekampf was a late second rounder. Not that surprising tbh

offset formation
10-29-2022, 08:47 AM
bruh its obvious this is a royce white larry sanders situation.......he was likely hazed into quitting

WTF is up with your gif? Unless I'm reading that wrong, that's virulent racism.

Chomag
10-29-2022, 09:02 AM
So in other words this FO is saying to it's fans and ticket holders that they do what they want and to just get overthemselve , that they owe us nothing of an explanation .

I understand if there is some legality that they can't say much right now but if that's not the case it's pretty arrogant and unprofessional to treat your fan base like that.

Dejounte
10-29-2022, 09:05 AM
No “Thank you, Josh!!” from the Spurs yet like they did for Wieskamp…

KingKev
10-29-2022, 09:08 AM
So in other words this FO is saying to it's fans and ticket holders that they do what they want and to just get overthemselve , that they owe us nothing of an explanation .

I understand if there is some legality that they can't say much right now but if that's not the case it's pretty arrogant and unprofessional to treat your fan base like that.

Yeah there is an element of blind trust with this franchise and their fan base (especially sniffers) but the trajectory has been trending down for 5 years now.

Dverde
10-29-2022, 09:24 AM
For a team that is rebuilding it makes zero sense to release him. He could have been used as trade filler. I assumed he did something criminal, but that statement to ESPN makes no sense. Woke Spurs are not going to shit on someone like this when they are going through a mental health emergency. Strangest thing, but we’ll all know the truth soon enough.

MultiTroll
10-29-2022, 09:28 AM
Which will we know first?

What came down with Kawhi.
What came down with Primo.

TheChillFactor
10-29-2022, 09:31 AM

do you even spurstalk bro?

Open racism and bigotry is fine here.

offset formation
10-29-2022, 09:38 AM
Which will we know first?

What came down with Kawhi.
What came down with Primo.

One seriously altered our path, the other was hardly noticed by the players as they beat a better team.

Most definitely want to know what inspired neph and his grifting siamese uncle to pull off the trashing of this organization.

And infuriatingly, timvp evidently knows but won't say. Guess all parties must be dead for 25 years, ala the JFK assassination to learn the deets.

offset formation
10-29-2022, 09:39 AM
do you even spurstalk bro?

Open racism and bigotry is fine here.

Ha, no doubt, solid point. Was just taken aback by that one since it's so over the top...

Joseph Kony
10-29-2022, 09:53 AM
So random man...I had to double take when the game came on and make sure it wasnt april fool's day because I couldnt believe it at first.

Hope it's nothing serious but the Spurs tone and the immediate removal of Primo from the team's merch and social media points to something really negative. if it were just a mental health thing, no way SA would just sever ties like that

The Truth #6
10-29-2022, 09:59 AM
Hopefully Primo is ok. Regardless, I’m ok moving on. Wesley evidently passed the eye test for a rookie last night. Moving on!

Phenomanul
10-29-2022, 10:19 AM
There are rumors of murder… that’s sad.

emanueldavidginobili
10-29-2022, 11:00 AM
Primo stepping away from basketball purely because of mental health is bullshit. Damn near the entire team posted on their instagram stories last night and not one of them was like "come back stronger" "Praying for my guy Primo" "wish you the best" literally nothing from anyone wishing him well.

mo7888
10-29-2022, 11:05 AM
Primo stepping away from basketball purely because of mental health is bullshit. Damn near the entire team posted on their instagram stories last night and not one of them was like "come back stronger" "Praying for my guy Primo" "wish you the best" literally nothing from anyone wishing him well.

Good point..

wildbill2u
10-29-2022, 11:16 AM
Well, we know it can't be because he was found in bed with a six year old boy. In these "woke" times stuff like that seems to be OK with lots of progressives. Snakes and goats on the other hand...

ChumpDumper
10-29-2022, 11:18 AM
Well, we know it can't be because he was found in bed with a six year old boy. In these "woke" times stuff like that seems to be OK with lots of progressives. Snakes and goats on the other hand...

"seems"

How so?

RC_Drunkford
10-29-2022, 11:19 AM

you must've forgot who runs this franchise. Dictatorvich. Can't wait for his next take about democracy

Spurminator
10-29-2022, 11:20 AM

You acknowledge the possibility that there may be some legal reason they can't comment on it, but that hasn't stopped you from rushing to get your panties in a wad. Y'all can wait a few days. It's not going to kill you.

ChumpDumper
10-29-2022, 11:21 AM

I don't see any fans quitting the team because of this. Certainly hasn't happened on this board full of cliff jumpers.

offset formation
10-29-2022, 11:31 AM
"seems"

How so?

it's easy. Just make up some fox news style narrative and run with it...

Watch: it's seems ok with lots of conservatives to have little girls raped. oh wait.... that's true because they make them carry the baby to term like they wanted it.

baseline bum
10-29-2022, 11:35 AM
You just never know about someone's character from his work persona. Company I worked for had the nicest HR guy, kind of guy who brightened any room he was in, everyone liked him, then one day he's gone with no explanation. Turns out he was robbing gas stations at gunpoint and finally got caught after like 3 weeks of doing it. Maybe Primo is a real piece of shit in real life too after saying all the right things and fooling everyone.

offset formation
10-29-2022, 11:46 AM
You just never know about someone's character from his work persona. Company I worked for had the nicest HR guy, kind of guy who brightened any room he was in, everyone liked him, then one day he's gone with no explanation. Turns out he was robbing gas stations at gunpoint and finally got caught after like 3 weeks of doing it. Maybe Primo is a real piece of shit in real life too after saying all the right things and fooling everyone.

Sociopathy is associated with exactly this characteristic. An ability to deceive as easy as they breathe.

KingKev
10-29-2022, 12:08 PM
Sociopathy is associated with exactly this characteristic. An ability to deceive as easy as they breathe.

and some are better at burying bodies. I bet PATFO have a few.

This is most likely domestic abuse but that remains pure speculation. Charlotte still owns Bridges rights after he went Breezy on a chick.

Primo more likely gave her a love tap and is out. I never much cared for the kid but the reason I want some transparency is this franchise is already fked so reaching for a player because of “high character” and “he is just a kid with open growth plates” and subsequently cutting him for less than admirable behaviour (I thought he was just a kid) a year later says more about PATFO’s arcane ways than Primo.

Dex
10-29-2022, 12:21 PM

Talk about spinning a bad situation into your own bullshit agenda.

If you really think this is a case of PATFO "not being over themselves", then there is obviously no changing your opinion. They would say something if there was something relevant to say in the best interest of the organization and Primo.

They aren't just sitting on their hands and biding time because "FUCK ALL OUR STUPID SPURS FANS"....I can't imagine the scramble going on behind the scenes right now.

This situation sucks for everybody, but the Spurs don't owe you shit tbh

scott
10-29-2022, 12:26 PM
It's just wild to me that the combination of the Spurs CIA ops and the ineptitude of San Antonio media has led to ZERO information.

Even Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend is impressed.

Sugus
10-29-2022, 12:27 PM
and some are better at burying bodies. I bet PATFO have a few.

This is most likely domestic abuse but that remains pure speculation. Charlotte still owns Bridges rights after he went Breezy on a chick.

Primo more likely gave her a love tap and is out. I never much cared for the kid but the reason I want some transparency is this franchise is already fked so reaching for a player because of “high character” and “he is just a kid with open growth plates” and subsequently cutting him for less than admirable behaviour (I thought he was just a kid) a year later says more about PATFO’s arcane ways than Primo.

Bruh come on, are you seriously blaming the Spurs for this? Even before any details come out? The Spurs Org as a whole has acted in a very methodical way about this, there's clearly some dark shit in the background. Not exactly something you can expect teams to predict of their draftees, especially considering if it was something "less than horrifying", it would've leaked by now (like the Bridges situation).

Some people are just very good at conceit. Other people are good and high character, and just happen to have a life-altering "snap" situation due to whatever. And given the Spurs extended Primo less than 2 weeks ago, they were very evidently blindsided by whatever happened.

We don't know jack shit about what went down to be judging "PATFO's arcane ways"... :rolleyes

Sugus
10-29-2022, 12:29 PM
Talk about spinning a bad situation into your own bullshit agenda.

If you really think this is a case of PATFO "not being over themselves", then there is obviously no changing your opinion. They would say something if there was something relevant to say in the best interest of the organization and Primo.

They aren't just sitting on their hands and biding time because "FUCK ALL OUR STUPID SPURS FANS"....I can't imagine the scramble going on behind the scenes right now.

This situation sucks for everybody, but the Spurs don't owe you shit tbh

Seriously, must be fucking awful. Some people on this board have never worked in the real world, where shit just goes wrong or ballistic and there's a cataract of shit to deal with in the aftermath. It's more than obvious that the Spurs were not expecting nor planning this, and I feel bad for them, the employees at least.

TekXX
10-29-2022, 12:33 PM
So i guess we don't know much. Props to the Spurs for keeping this thing quiet going on 24 hours now, that must be some kind of record in the social media age.

Ariel
10-29-2022, 12:35 PM

It's got to be some abuse related issue, yes. Brian Wright is on the record saying they don't gamble on character, and at this point of the roster's development timeline, it makes sense they want to drop a rotter apple the second they find it. I don't fault the organization for not seeing something that may have been difficult to catch from the get go and I don't make as much of his loss since in my mind he's been a sunk cost for a while and I had come to terms with it. I do however think the FO should take a clue that the intangibles they're so fixated on are not as easy to assess, to the point that they outweigh all the tangible evidence that strongly suggested we go with (at least) half a dozen other prospects.

OldMan88
10-29-2022, 12:43 PM
It’s the fact that his teammates to a man are acting like he never even existed that has me thinking the cause must be extremely reprehensible to justify such a unified shunning. Almost like he did something terrible to a team family member and was caught in the act.

mo7888
10-29-2022, 12:48 PM
It’s the fact that his teammates to a man are acting like he never even existed that has me thinking the cause must be extremely reprehensible to justify such a unified shunning. Almost like he did something terrible to a team family member and was caught in the act.

That's been very noticeable to me too... Keldon's comments last night when asked about how they were handling it referred to tbe team being a family etc...it did not include Primo in any way in that reference..

scott
10-29-2022, 12:51 PM
Spurs Sports & Entertainment are better at keeping secrets that The Office of The President of the United States (regardless of who the president is). That's wild.

wildbill2u
10-29-2022, 01:02 PM
Primo took responsibility for his problem in his statement. If he didn't want to go deeper into just exactly what happened to trigger this action, then that is his business. No reason to criticise the FO for a draft choice based on their perception of his basketball talent, and not on unkown mental health issues.

Fan curiosity is natural, but this probably isn't going to be an issue where the Spurs want to wade in with statements to alleviate the curiosity. Endless speculation on this board is non-productive. Probably the best course is for all of us to drop it after the initial shock.

Mugen
10-29-2022, 01:11 PM
The FO should absolutely be criticized and get a ton of blame regardless of what happens, like what? :lol

This is the same FO that has been absolutely up its own ass about how its culture and its "program" was the reason for its past success. But despite that holier than thou bullshit they spew, they've now cut two first rounders in two years because of character issues with zero return :lmao

tim_duncan_fan
10-29-2022, 01:19 PM
it's easy. Just make up some fox news style narrative and run with it...

Watch: it's seems ok with lots of conservatives to have little girls raped. oh wait.... that's true because they make them carry the baby to term like they wanted it.

"Conservatives" also just like'em really young. It's more than just willingness to let children stay pregnant.

Wildvlu or whatever his name is is probably confessing.

RC_Drunkford
10-29-2022, 01:35 PM
I knew sniffers would try to spin this. "It's not the Spurs fault, they couldn't have seen it coming." But totally forgetting the point that he was a 2nd rounder drafted 12th. The experiment failed. Wrong choice. They deserve criticism

K...
10-29-2022, 01:44 PM
I knew sniffers would try to spin this. "It's not the Spurs fault, they couldn't have seen it coming." But totally forgetting the point that he was a 2nd rounder drafted 12th. The experiment failed. Wrong choice. They deserve criticism

They are 4-2 and the lakers are 0-5. Sniffers win. Spurs are going to be a great team in 5 years and people are going to go, “they should've done this sooner. “

KingKev
10-29-2022, 01:47 PM
It's just wild to me that the combination of the Spurs CIA ops and the ineptitude of San Antonio media has led to ZERO information.

Even Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend is impressed.

Lol fking ruthless!!!

RC_Drunkford
10-29-2022, 01:47 PM
They are 4-2 and the lakers are 0-5. Sniffers win. Spurs are going to be a great team in 5 years and people are going to go, “they should've done this sooner. “

that has nothing to do with Primo. You're in the wrong thread :lol

KingKev
10-29-2022, 02:00 PM
Bruh come on, are you seriously blaming the Spurs for this? Even before any details come out? The Spurs Org as a whole has acted in a very methodical way about this, there's clearly some dark shit in the background. Not exactly something you can expect teams to predict of their draftees, especially considering if it was something "less than horrifying", it would've leaked by now (like the Bridges situation).

Some people are just very good at conceit. Other people are good and high character, and just happen to have a life-altering "snap" situation due to whatever. And given the Spurs extended Primo less than 2 weeks ago, they were very evidently blindsided by whatever happened.

We don't know jack shit about what went down to be judging "PATFO's arcane ways"... :rolleyes

Well for me this is affirmation they can’t deduce, psychoanalyze and reform every kid who has basketball talent.

The puppeteers have struck again. Apparently they aren’t that good at it.

Most Spurs fans care more about character than winning when in reality it’s about both.

baseline bum
10-29-2022, 02:06 PM

Never understood what anyone saw in him other than size.

ducks
10-29-2022, 02:10 PM
Never understood what anyone saw in him other than size.

Might be his private parts

offset formation
10-29-2022, 02:43 PM
Seriously, must be fucking awful. Some people on this board have never worked in the real world, where shit just goes wrong or ballistic and there's a cataract of shit to deal with in the aftermath. It's more than obvious that the Spurs were not expecting nor planning this, and I feel bad for them, the employees at least.

This is inarguable but it needs some context. Yes, the Spurs were obviously blindsided by this or they wouldn't have picked up his 3rd year. And yes, it's obviously NOT their "fault."

Howevaaaaah...they should not have reached on him. It was not only shocking when it happened on draft day for Spur fans, but to basketball analysts. He was very young and perhaps brought in as a hail mary to replace neph, like only they saw the potential. Furthermore, they shouldn't beat their chest about drafting character in addition to talent since each of Primo, Samanic, and Murray have displayed troubling behavior at times. And only Murray is even still on the team or even in the league. They've obviously failed in that regard at a very high clip lately, and since they brag about it as part of their draft process, they should probably quit until they keep a few around again.

All in all, PATFO certainly doesn't look like a vase of flowers in all of this. Time for some humble pie. Take your lumps. Swallow your pill. Or use whatever analogy you want. Spurs have to reassess accordingly.

KingKev
10-29-2022, 02:45 PM
Never understood what anyone saw in him other than size.Blame it on Canada!!But yeah we just committed 12m and 2 years of development for a guy who was eventually going to become a hybrid of D White and Walker IV.

Extra Stout
10-29-2022, 02:53 PM
I agree with those who point out that scouting for character is highly unreliable, all the more so with 18-year-olds.

“Spurs culture” was Tim Duncan and Manu Ginóbili. This conceit about how the organization is the reason for winning comes from the exact same hubris Jerry Krause had in Chicago back in the day. What have the Bulls accomplished since 1998?

Extra Stout
10-29-2022, 03:01 PM
I don’t have a problem with trying to hit home runs in the draft. But Primo was like swinging at a pitch a foot and a half off the plate. He never showed that much to begin with. His being waived probably because of character issues doesn’t sting because it seems like a potential All-Star down the drain. It stings because it makes it look like the Spurs’ front office has no idea what it’s doing.

On the other hand, Keldon Johnson. And Devin Vassell. And Jeremy Sochan. And maybe Blake Wesley.

Dex
10-29-2022, 03:09 PM
I don’t have a problem with trying to hit home runs in the draft. But Primo was like swinging at a pitch a foot and a half off the plate. He never showed that much to begin with. His being waived probably because of character issues doesn’t sting because it seems like a potential All-Star down the drain. It stings because it makes it look like the Spurs’ front office has no idea what it’s doing.

On the other hand, Keldon Johnson. And Devin Vassell. And Jeremy Sochan. And maybe Blake Wesley.

The irony is that so many people here have gotten tired of the Spurs taking the safe pick. They want them to SWING FOR THE FENCES.

Well, sometimes when you swing for the fences, you strike out or hit it into center field's glove.

A lot still remains to be seen about this situation, but...people can't get upset that the Spurs took a reach on guys like Primo or Samanic if they also want them to take gambles in the draft.

Still should have taken Sengun though

dbestpro
10-29-2022, 03:10 PM
Well at least we won't have to argue what a bad pick he was anymore.

Extra Stout
10-29-2022, 03:18 PM
The irony is that so many people here have gotten tired of the Spurs taking the safe pick. They want them to SWING FOR THE FENCES.

Well, sometimes when you swing for the fences, you strike out or hit it into center field's glove.

I think Blake Wesley is an example of swinging for the fences properly. His floor is “not an NBA player” and his ceiling is “rich man’s Russell Westbrook.” And at 25 he was not a reach at all.

SpurPadre
10-29-2022, 03:23 PM
I agree with those who point out that scouting for character is highly unreliable, all the more so with 18-year-olds.

“Spurs culture” was David Robinson, Tim Duncan and Manu Ginóbili. This conceit about how the organization is the reason for winning comes from the exact same hubris Jerry Krause had in Chicago back in the day. What have the Bulls accomplished since 1998?

FIFY.

slick'81
10-29-2022, 03:25 PM
Pressure was probably too much for the kid. He wasn't even expecting to be drafted that high anyway

Chomag
10-29-2022, 03:29 PM
Well at least we won't have to argue what a bad pick he was anymore.

:lol True, but don't count out the sniffers ability to spin this

KingKev
10-29-2022, 03:29 PM
Pressure was probably too much for the kid. He wasn't even expecting to be drafted that high anyway

It’s called “grooming” unless it’s coach Pop aka the godfather offering an underage youth a glass of wine before telling him he is the future

:pop:

This shit work both ways.

Darius Bieber
10-29-2022, 03:31 PM
Probably was pro-Trump and Pop thought it was a mental illness tbh

KingKev
10-29-2022, 03:31 PM
:lol True, but don't count out the sniffers ability to spin this

Even they can’t stand the stench of grandpa’s depends but they’ll find a way.

Ariel
10-29-2022, 03:50 PM

A lot still remains to be seen about this situation, but...people can't get upset that the Spurs took a reach on guys like Primo or Samanic if they also want them to take gambles in the draft.
I don't think most people were "tired of taking the safe pick", but rather going against common sense. Our best picks in the past 10 years (Dejounte & Keldon) weren't swings, actually they were guys who fell to their laps and common sense suggested their talent level was way beyond their pick. The safe pick in 2020 would have us pick Haliburton, and in 2021 it was Sengun. This draft class a lot of us wanted Sochan or Mathurin for exactly the same things they're showing on the court (potential & fit) as opposed to say Dieng who has large bust potential. Same with Branham and Wesley. Sometimes an infatuation may pan out, but more times than not it's the clear choice that ends up the better one.

R. DeMurre
10-29-2022, 04:17 PM
The NBA draft process has definitely changed in the last couple of decades. Nowadays, a senior in college with good stats and a successful team actually raises red flags, where most people assume there must be issues that would likely deter a great showing in the NBA. The monetary rewards are just too great for most prospects to ignore, or to risk injury in college for. That wasn't always the case-- certainly not with Timmy or the Admiral. The #1 pick and other top lottery guys now are almost exclusively teenagers with one year of college experience, and that adds a greater variance to the simple concept of assessing character. How many of you have known or seen a person who matured dramatically between the ages of 18 and 22/23? I know I have. Or those that didn't, at all? Same thing... seen that too.

offset formation
10-29-2022, 04:44 PM
Probably was pro-Trump and Pop thought it was a mental illness tbh

It is.

rascal
10-29-2022, 04:54 PM
I think Blake Wesley is an example of swinging for the fences properly. His floor is “not an NBA player” and his ceiling is “rich man’s Russell Westbrook.” And at 25 he was not a reach at all.

Exactly, Primo was a reach and it was poor scouting thinking he had high level skills that would translate to anything more than an off the bench rotation player.

Ariel
10-29-2022, 05:16 PM
Exactly, Primo was a reach and it was poor scouting thinking he had high level skills that would translate to anything more than an off the bench rotation player.
Hey rascal, your boy Sharpe looking good!

buttsR4rebounding
10-29-2022, 05:53 PM
Exposing himself to women.

Sugus
10-29-2022, 06:01 PM
What a fucking creep, I can't believe the news. Holy shit. Absolutely not what I was expecting to be behind this.

What a bullshit statement he put up, Jesus.

Tell me again about how the Spurs should've seen coming that a 19 year-old kid was a flasher.

boutons_deux
10-29-2022, 06:05 PM
OK with lots of progressives

G F Y

longhorn
10-29-2022, 06:09 PM
Good riddance. And good on the Spurs for acting swiftly.

boutons_deux
10-29-2022, 06:43 PM
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/313407500_5603471759733089_2016762340036822634_n.p ng?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=GTgg4mtvf98AX_vZ_5W&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=00_AfAfgkTV0w81fBhrLKCL9Mj_xcMfuw2dIqUG8o92PhMN yQ&oe=63636A89

slick'81
10-29-2022, 07:27 PM
Jesus, joshua you sicko

Arcadian
10-29-2022, 10:00 PM
"Spurs culture" was Tim Duncan and Manu Ginóbili.

Don't forget Dave.

playblair
10-29-2022, 10:03 PM
:fro

offset formation
10-29-2022, 10:10 PM
:fro

Haha. Do tell how it's racist? You know the other person is a representation of the fictitious Grim Reaper that comes for all souls, black, white, brown, yellow, and red.

At best it's ableist but it's not because the dude is in a wheelchair so it's just an accurate representation of his disabled state.

Get smarter, if that's possible for you.

baseline bum
10-29-2022, 10:48 PM

“Spurs culture” was Tim Duncan and Manu Ginóbili. This conceit about how the organization is the reason for winning comes from the exact same hubris Jerry Krause had in Chicago back in the day. What have the Bulls accomplished since 1998?

Meh, I remember the coaching carousel of the early to mid 90s and the shitty front office moves that torpedoed David Robinson's prime. I think that organization probably would have lost Tim to Orlando while Pop was able to get him to stay.

rascal
10-30-2022, 07:43 AM
Hey rascal, your boy Sharpe looking good!

Sharpe is going to be a superstar. Most on this site didn't even want to draft him if he fell to the Spurs. I wanted the Spurs to trade up and target him.

CGD
10-30-2022, 08:14 AM
^ people weren’t unjustified in their takes man. Dude played like 3 minutes in college, had two grainy high school videos, and was hiding for most of the pre-draft workouts.

Sounds like you had some inside track we didn’t, but I don’t blame folks for be skeptical at the time.

MannyIsGod
10-30-2022, 10:11 AM

I mean there's a huge disconnect between the two paragraphs in your post. Does it look like the Spurs front office doesn't know what they're doing or does it look like Spurs fans have no idea what the flame out rate of lottery picks is? Probably a bit of both, honestly, but the Spurs draft history is much better than anything Krause ever did in Chicago. Yeah, the Spurs front office is not making the best moves and they've had missteps, but so has almsot every single other front office in the NBA. There are a few that are currently doing really well like Memphis, but even teams who have had continued success have fucked up a lot. And even teams who have everything going for them like the Lakers fuck up great situations.

I think people here complain way too much about our front office because they really don't know what an actual bad front office is. And thats not to say that our front office doesn't make mistakes, but let me know when we draft a Fultz instead of Primo or Samanich.

Cabrito
10-30-2022, 10:30 AM
Collins, when we signed him, took the place of Luka regardless. And Collins was a lottery Pick appointment for the Blazers. It’s a wash.

KingKev
10-30-2022, 12:36 PM
Sharpe is going to be a superstar. Most on this site didn't even want to draft him if he fell to the Spurs. I wanted the Spurs to trade up and target him.

His moniker “lil’ shine” instantly precluded him from being a Spur.

Yet we were okay reaching for another Canadian who had little track record because he was a supposed high character person.

Can’t tell me PATFO actually know what the fk they are doing at this point.

rascal
10-30-2022, 02:14 PM
^ people weren’t unjustified in their takes man. Dude played like 3 minutes in college, had two grainy high school videos, and was hiding for most of the pre-draft workouts.

Sounds like you had some inside track we didn’t, but I don’t blame folks for be skeptical at the time.

His high school tape jumped out to me as he had star upside skills. Other scouts for nba teams (Portland) also had Sharpe high
that's why he was a top ten draft pick. If the spurs didn't want sharpe as many in the forum, it shows they were not right in assesing his talent and made the other nonsense why not to draft him too important.

Poor judgment call by the front office.

MarCowMar
10-30-2022, 02:57 PM
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/313407500_5603471759733089_2016762340036822634_n.p ng?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=GTgg4mtvf98AX_vZ_5W&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=00_AfAfgkTV0w81fBhrLKCL9Mj_xcMfuw2dIqUG8o92PhMN yQ&oe=63636A89

There's obviously a zone where exposing oneself becomes a form of assault, but it's become increasingly muddied in recent years.

For example, is this protestor exposing themself at Putin?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/04/08/176573170/i-liked-it-putin-says-of-protest-by-topless-women

Are these naked bikers "exposing themselves"?

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/things-to-do/world-naked-bike-ride-guide

Is this drag queen exposing herself or just teaching these children the Black dance art known as "twerking"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VA72t7o24I

What is the line between exposure and sex education?

https://www.sott.net/article/465293-Sexy-Summer-Camp-led-by-witch-teaches-children-to-masturbate-promotes-sex-work

The strange thing to me is that Primo could have whipped his blank-a-doodle-doo out at a children's drag show or anti-fascism protest and both Pop and Buford would be driving home sloshed and laughing about it. But he does it in front of a grown woman in private and he's off the team?

Hopefully further details reveal that the Spurs reacted rationally and fairly.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2022, 03:01 PM
There's obviously a zone where exposing oneself becomes a form of assault, but it's become increasingly muddied in recent years.

For example, is this protestor exposing themself at Putin?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/04/08/176573170/i-liked-it-putin-says-of-protest-by-topless-women

Are these naked bikers "exposing themselves"?

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/things-to-do/world-naked-bike-ride-guide

Is this drag queen exposing herself or just teaching these children the Black dance art known as "twerking"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VA72t7o24I

What is the line between exposure and sex education?

https://www.sott.net/article/465293-Sexy-Summer-Camp-led-by-witch-teaches-children-to-masturbate-promotes-sex-work

The strange thing to me is that Primo could have whipped his blank-a-doodle-doo out at a children's drag show or anti-fascism protest and both Pop and Buford would be driving home sloshed and laughing about it. But he does it in front of a grown woman in private and he's off the team?

Hopefully further details reveal that the Spurs reacted rationally and fairly.

:lol the apologists are hard at work

RC_Drunkford
10-30-2022, 03:07 PM
His high school tape jumped out to me as he had star upside skills. Other scouts for nba teams (Portland) also had Sharpe high
that's why he was a top ten draft pick. If the spurs didn't want sharpe as many in the forum, it shows they were not right in assesing his talent and made the other nonsense why not to draft him too important.

Poor judgment call by the front office.

I mean the president of basketball operations literally picked Mason Plumlee over Bam Adebayo and told Bam "you ain't ready". Nothing new here

baseline bum
10-30-2022, 03:50 PM

You can never tell with HS guys. I remember when Austin Rivers looked like he was going to be a star coming out of HS but as soon as he started playing half decent competition at Duke he looked pretty average.

baseline bum
10-30-2022, 03:57 PM

Yes you are quite strange to think that.

jjspur
10-30-2022, 03:58 PM
The only people coming out on top in this matter are going to be the victim's lawyers and Primo's agent who has probably received his cut of Primo's current and next years salary.

lefty
10-30-2022, 04:24 PM

Good point but you forgot the emojis tbh