PDA

View Full Version : Sighhhh……. At least we still have Sochan!

Atl Spur
10-30-2022, 09:14 AM
Hopefully Jeremy can keep his nose clean off the court:) Daddy ( me ) wants all the little bitches ( you guys ) to root for our players moving without such vitriol. Go spurs Go

NASpurs
10-30-2022, 09:15 AM
Can this guy get pinked already? What an attention whore.

Leetonidas
10-30-2022, 09:26 AM
Too bad your mother didn't swallow or abort your worthless ass

GAustex
10-30-2022, 09:40 AM
Miss Cleo getting shit on and rightly so

Atl Spur
10-30-2022, 09:44 AM
Can this guy get pinked already? What an attention whore.

Welp……. Stop all that damn crying.

Atl Spur
10-30-2022, 09:44 AM
Too bad your mother didn't swallow or abort your worthless ass

Damn……. Even on Sunday?

Atl Spur
10-30-2022, 09:46 AM

I’m not allowed to respond to you moving forward…… my lady refers to you as the little f*ck boy��

Vince Carter's ankle
10-30-2022, 09:51 AM

Get a room!

Dejounte
10-30-2022, 09:59 AM
Too many damn threads. Please stop.

Atl Spur
10-30-2022, 10:10 AM
Too many damn threads. Please stop.

You know I don’t ride with you……so shut your mouth! You had nothing to say to these clowns the past few days but now you want to talk? Miss me with that

GAustex
10-30-2022, 11:11 AM
Get a room!
Miss Cleo’s sock puppet semen shielder to the rescue

Vince Carter's ankle
10-30-2022, 11:19 AM
Miss Cleo’s sock puppet semen shielder to the rescue
https://imgaz.staticbg.com/images/oaupload/ser1/banggood/images/9B/17/fed474dc-9601-47f8-a717-db7e7c597156.jpg
you seem to have lost

R. DeMurre
10-30-2022, 11:21 AM
:) Daddy ( me )

:lol

uh... ok.

Atl Spur
10-30-2022, 05:05 PM
:lol

uh... ok.

I was just joking…….��

Atl Spur
10-30-2022, 05:06 PM
https://imgaz.staticbg.com/images/oaupload/ser1/banggood/images/9B/17/fed474dc-9601-47f8-a717-db7e7c597156.jpg
you seem to have lost

Good one! I like this….

GAustex
10-30-2022, 05:43 PM
Good one! I like this….
You know you are crazy when you talk to yourself and answer

Atl Spur
11-11-2022, 04:32 PM
It would’ve been nice to see him guard ( try ) the Greek freak…….. the kid is progressing well!

GAustex
11-11-2022, 04:40 PM
SoHan be tweaking the big Kiwi nip

Atl Spur
11-16-2022, 12:54 AM
This kid has it; he wanted to guard Dame!! Let that sink in….

slick'81
11-16-2022, 01:17 AM
Love me some sochan

Atl Spur
11-18-2022, 12:42 AM
Pop loves this dude! He’s going to be a real problem very soon��

RC_Drunkford
11-18-2022, 04:18 AM
here goes Ms. Cleo again hoping shit sticks this time

Ariel
11-18-2022, 05:19 AM
How about bumping the Langford thread?

Atl Spur
11-18-2022, 08:26 AM
here goes Ms. Cleo again hoping shit sticks this time

Just to be sure, I am able to root for spurs players on a spurs message board right? Sochans pretty good huh? I said as much prior to him being drafted :)

Atl Spur
11-18-2022, 08:30 AM
How about bumping the Langford thread?

You should do that, provide us with one of your hot takes. You be on point some of the time…..

GAustex
11-18-2022, 08:41 AM
Just to be sure, I am able to root for spurs players on a spurs message board right? Sochans pretty good huh? I said as much prior to him being drafted :)

Me. Cleo tell us of the future. Your champions Primo, Zollins and Langford tell us of future greatness. Well except Primofor that one you lol failed

Ariel
11-18-2022, 10:12 AM
You should do that, provide us with one of your hot takes. You be on point some of the time…..
I'm far more on point that you:
APRIL

I think this draft will not be as good as 2021 in the top 8 picks (not bad though), but better from then on, with quite a bit interesting prospects and role players. There's a real chance you could still find value in the 20-25 range of the Boston and Toronto picks, and even in the early 2nd rounder from the Lakers. Of course its all contingent of a lot of circumstances, and it'd be awesome to move up to the late lottery (I'd love to get Eason and Sochan), but with the draft and one or two free agents (Jalen Smith?) this could very well be a pivotal offseason and next year a breakout one.

Agree with Ivey & Banchero, they're my top 2 guys if we pick top 4. Dyson Daniels I totally agree with, I have Eason & Sochan there too, more so for fit but also like their potential.

For the 20 something picks I'd like Jovic, but I'd be cool with Wesley, PBJ or Liddell. Procida, Kamagate or another draft & stash would be my choice for the Lakers pick.

As for who I WOULDN'T take with each pick... Chet if we pick top 4... too passive on offense, too frail a frame... makes me nervous.

Regarding the draft, if we land a top 4 pick I'd take Banchero or Ivey with confidence. Otherwise I'm not 100% sold on Jabari Smith or Chet Holmgreen, so I would be willing to consider trading down a few spots, say for the 2 Blazers picks + something and get Sharpe (for potential) + Keegan Murray or Eason (need).

To be clear, Chet is not going to be a bust in the same sense Hasheem Thabeet was a bust. He's clearly a skilled, coordinated guy standing over 7 feet tall, with high bball IQ and defensive instincts (awesome shotblocking) to go along. But the point is whether he's worthy of a 1st pick, and in that you have to take more into consideration, such as his ceiling offensively, whether he'll be bounced around in the paint by NBA talent guys (already happened in College), of if he's talented enough to be a consistent threat from the perimeter (he's a good shooter, but lets not kid ourselves into thinking he's Dirk).

Also, it's not that he's just skinny in the same way almost any teenager that size is, say KG or Giannis when they came into the league, his frame is much smaller and the grind of the NBA game will likely be tougher on him than everyone else, he'll fall down a dozen times every game, and that'll take a toll on him sooner rather than later. I'll take those chances later on in the draft, but for a 1st overall pick the thought of that makes me cringe, to the point that I'd rather have a 3rd of 4th pick and avoid those risks altogether.
MAY

Because people equate "athletic" with "jumps high"... and there's much more to athleticism than that. Sochan doesn't play above the rim, but he's got no problem staying in front of his man, even smaller guards, is extremely active, reacts quickly, reads the play well and is always in the right place at the right time... when you watch his team, he jumps at you instantly and not because of his hair color, but because he's always doing something productive, wreaking havoc on the opposition, making things happen. He's the kind of guy that does the dirty work, leads his teammates, gets on your nerves... the kind you LOVE on your team but HATE on your rival. Honestly I don't see how he can not be AT THE VERY LEAST a very productive player rotation player for 15 years, unless his shot regresses in a Markelle Fultz kind of fashion. If it improves to league average, watch out, this guy is the kind every winning team needs. I'd love him on the Spurs.

Sochan can play the 3 and the 4, he's team oriented, super smart and unselfish, excellent on defense, good passer, and if he keeps improving his shot he's a player that will find a place on any team, at any time.

Sochan is a 60% FT shooter and 30% FT shooter. If he gets to 70% and 35%, he's an all star. Book it.

To this day, my board is:
9) Mathurin / Dyson Daniels / Sochan (whichever is available @ 9)
20/25) Tari Eason / Ousmane Dieng / Jalen Williams / Blake Wesley / Nikola Jovic / EJ Liddell
38) Procida / Minott / Kamagate / Koloko / PBJ / Terquavion Smith (Procida / Minott / Kamagate may be moved up to the 25 range if necessary)
I realize a lot of the guys are likely to have been picked by the pick numbers. That's intentional, meaning take whomever falls to the range out of those guys.
Of course we won't take on 4 rookies, but 2 for sure and I'm betting on 3... maybe 3 + 1 international. Also you'd have to make a balance between them, so avoid any combination that has too many redundant guys.
Ideally I'm hoping for some combination like these (among others):
Sochan + Jalen Williams + Blake Wesley + Procida (draft & stash)
Dyson Daniels + Blake Wesley + Minott + Kamagate (draft & stash)
don't reach and take whatever opportunity the board offers.

We all knew getting a future star would take lucking out in the lottery, I just hope we don't make the top 4 only to pass on Banchero or Ivey for Chet or Jabari... that'd be tough to swallow. If we don't, I've always liked Daniels or Sochan at 9 or 10, Mathurin falling there would be an unexpected gift, and while I'm not a fan of Duren at that range, his athleticism and age are intriguing and if he develops some kind of offensive game other than alley oops and put backs he'll be worth it.
As for the rest, I think Eason and Jovic are ranked way too low, with the first being unpolished but with huge upside, also he's most likely not getting past Chicago 18, if that. I feel Jovic won't last till the Boston pick and I'd be ecstatic if we get them there. But Wesley, Hardy or PBJ might also be interesting gambles in the 20s.
Other than that the reasoning behind the list is pretty solid, although most guys listed there should be attainable further down the board.

Superstar is a very misused term, but to the point, if things go right could see Banchero or Ivey as capable of being the first offensive option of a contender, and multiple times all stars for a decade or more. I can't say the same of Chet or Jabari, which is why I'd definitely take (any two combination of) Sochan/Duren/Murray + Mathurin/Dyson Daniels/Johnny Davis over them.
JUNE

Blake Wesley and Malaki Branham have multiple all star potential (not saying that is necessarily the case, but could be), but if his shot develops, Sochan is a perennial all defensive and maybe even some all NBA caliber player. Not the best player on a championship team, certainly not by the boxscore, but with tremendous impact on the outcome of games. Playing styles apart, I see a lot of similarities with Manu in that regard.
DURING THE DRAFT

Best player went no. 1

Branham & Blake Wesley... last 2 prospects I really like.

Blake Wesley at 25 & Kamagate/Procida/Minott at 38... c'mon...
So who were you on point about? Primo? Langford? :lol

RC_Drunkford
11-18-2022, 03:59 PM

you say that shit about EVERY player. Nothing new here

Atl Spur
11-19-2022, 10:57 AM
you say that shit about EVERY player. Nothing new here

Not really but I see what you’re trying to do there:) I will agree there are some players I like more than others; Sochan , Langford, Zollins and Primo. Do your homework and stop being so emotional about a internet basketball board. Be easy!

Atl Spur
11-19-2022, 10:59 AM
I'm far more on point that you:
APRIL

MAY

JUNE

DURING THE DRAFT

So who were you on point about? Primo? Langford? :lol

Do you really want me to do this? If so, just say pretty please……

RC_Drunkford
11-19-2022, 03:34 PM
Not really but I see what you’re trying to do there:) I will agree there are some players I like more than others; Sochan , Langford, Zollins and Primo. Do your homework and stop being so emotional about a internet basketball board. Be easy!

:lmao you're the last person that should talk about emotions with your 30 Primo threads

GAustex
11-19-2022, 03:57 PM
Ms. Cleo mad Primo didn’t give him the D.

Atl Spur
11-19-2022, 04:49 PM
:lmao you're the last person that should talk about emotions with your 30 Primo threads

Uh ok����

Atl Spur
10-21-2023, 11:26 PM
Looking back, there’s a trend of hating! Lol. At least Jeremy is progressing :) These gents would not let me live on that Primo pick!! Great times….