PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Did Brian Wright have sole discretion and authority to draft Primo, without Pop's authorization?

offset formation
11-03-2022, 06:30 PM
I see that assumed as a fact by the overwhelming majority of this board.

I find the notion that BW alone and without authorization or consultation drafted Primo to be ludicrous.

Why does it matter?

I see several people making the assumption that because it was BW's selection he had the motive to cover up any troubling reports about Primo's behavior, singlehandedly. If Pop or RC or anyone in ownership also signed off on such a pick (read: huge reach) that would negate the idea that he would have done that. Thereby making the notion they (PATFO) did not know, to be a rather baseless claim.

RC_Drunkford
11-03-2022, 06:35 PM
Nothing will convince me that Pop doesn't have to sign off on everything

Atl Spur
11-03-2022, 06:59 PM
Nothing will convince me that Pop doesn't have to sign off on everything

Now that’s what a sound take looks like! Good on you!!

rankingtear
11-03-2022, 11:26 PM
Why do a poll? we don't have sources.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-04-2022, 01:15 AM
Nah there’s no way a novice GM would dare make such a call on his own, however, it could be something as simple as ‘Hey Pop and RC, these are the 10 guys we like from this draft. If they’re all gone, how about picking this young dude who’s shown promise?’

rascal
11-04-2022, 09:31 AM
It's a group decision.

offset formation
11-04-2022, 10:40 AM
Why do a poll? we don't have sources.

Just thought a simple gauge of ST posters' thinking would be clarifying to the narrative that BW is solely responsible for the pick. And therefore willing to bury or hide the accusations against Primo for his own self-preservation.

It's a simplistic notion to me. Seems the board generally agrees. That's why.

stnick2261
11-04-2022, 10:45 AM
I believe it was Wright's choice.... approved by Pop. But I don't think it leads to Wright covering up because of it. If Wright covered up anything or not, I don't believe it would be because he picked him.