PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Fans Need to Start Buying Tickets

Kori Ellis
11-04-2022, 08:14 PM
This is one of the entertaining Spurs teams to watch in years. Whatever you want to think about tanking, Primo, PATFO, whatever, it's very fun basketball. But the amount of empty seats in the arena is embarrassing. Did they jack up ticket prices this year, or what's the excuse for so so many empty seats?

Local companies should start buying up those lower level seats and give them to employees.

Disclaimer: timvp and I haven't lived in S.A. since 2014, so we haven't been to the arena in a long while

BillMc
11-04-2022, 08:15 PM
I'd go but I'm in Riga, Latvia!

playblair
11-04-2022, 08:23 PM
........just move the team to austin stop stalling the inevitable

Dex
11-04-2022, 08:29 PM
I would, but we live in north Austin. Still make the short trek down for 1-2 games a year (as per usual), and also have tix for the Austin games.

I've said this before in many a thread, but...everybody was calling for a tank. Here we are.

Casual fans (a.k.a. people not on this forum) don't want to spend hard earned money to go watch a team that is projected to suck. Anybody who has gone to any sporting event knows its a let-down when you are leaving the game after a loss....especially if you shelled out a lot of cash to be there.

I love watching this group develop even during losses...but even my wife thinks I'm crazy for watching games with no expectation to win.

Maybe it will change if the Spurs continue to win games.

LongtimeSpursFan
11-04-2022, 08:34 PM
At game now. Love the energy.

GAustex
11-04-2022, 08:44 PM
Fire pop and I will think about it

baseline bum
11-04-2022, 08:48 PM

lol snowflake

GAustex
11-04-2022, 08:49 PM
Whatever

baseline bum
11-04-2022, 08:54 PM
Whatever

What a shitty job he's doing having one of the worst rosters in the league at a 5-3 record

GAustex
11-04-2022, 08:57 PM
Agree the team is overachieving

ChumpDumper
11-04-2022, 09:01 PM
Agree the team is overachievingWhoever the coach is doesn't matter which is why I want this one replaced!

Ariel
11-04-2022, 09:05 PM
Wouldn't miss a game... if I didn't live 5000+ miles away (Buenos Aires).

Uriel
11-04-2022, 09:08 PM
To be fair, a lot more of those seats would've been filled if a certain nephew were playing.

rascal
11-04-2022, 09:34 PM
The fan base has been spoiled by success and won't be spending money to support a losing team.

tim_duncan_fan
11-04-2022, 09:35 PM
I would be there if I wasn't a Fort Worthian.

CGD
11-04-2022, 09:37 PM
This is one of the entertaining Spurs teams to watch in years. Whatever you want to think about tanking, Primo, PATFO, whatever, it's very fun basketball. But the amount of empty seats in the arena is embarrassing. Did they jack up ticket prices this year, or what's the excuse for so so many empty seats?

Local companies should start buying up those lower level seats and give them to employees.

Disclaimer: timvp and I haven't lived in S.A. since 2014, so we haven't been to the arena in a long while

Aren’t most of the lower bowl seats ticket/corporate holders? They should give away those seats at a minimum or have a mechanism to let folks from higher decks come down if the seats remain open by start of 4th

KobesAchilles
11-04-2022, 09:40 PM
I do buy tickets. Here in Houston to watch them play the Rockets

BacktoBasics
11-04-2022, 09:55 PM

Don’t and while you’re at it stop coming to this forum. No one wants you here. You’re a shitty fan and an even worse human being.

You don’t want to support this team then gtfo. What the fuck are you doing here in the first place.

GAustex
11-04-2022, 09:56 PM
Don’t and while you’re at it stop coming to this forum. No one wants you here. You’re a shitty fan and an even worse human being.

You don’t want to support this team then gtfo. What the fuck are you doing here in the first place.
Fuck you
I will do and say and root for who ever I want
Fuck you

BacktoBasics
11-04-2022, 10:18 PM
Fuck you
I will do and say and root for who ever I want
Fuck you

The fuck you doing here in the first place? All you do is bitch and moan like a little punk bitch. No one wants to hear your shit. You’re not a fan, you’re a malcontent here to be contrarian because you like the attention.

You’re basically a little girl confused about her first period mom didn’t warn her about.

Get the fuck out of here loser.

GAustex
11-04-2022, 10:19 PM
The fuck you doing here in the first place? All you do is bitch and moan like a little punk bitch. No one wants to hear your shit. You’re not a fan, you’re a malcontent here to be contrarian because you like the attention.

You’re basically a little girl confused about her first period mom didn’t warn her about.

Get the fuck out of here loser.
Fuck you

BacktoBasics
11-04-2022, 10:24 PM
Fuck you

Heavy flow. I can smell it through the screen and you need a good long shower.

rascal
11-04-2022, 10:26 PM
Heavy flow. I can smell it through the screen and you need a good long shower.

Shut up stupid.

Ditty
11-04-2022, 10:28 PM
Moving the start times to 7:00 sure hasn’t helped. This team isn’t very exciting to the casual fan which is probably at least 80% of the fan base. If they get a superstar like Wembanyama or Scoot the crowds will start to come back.

BacktoBasics
11-04-2022, 10:36 PM
Shut up stupid.

You logged into the wrong account. This is rascal not GAbleedingcunt.

Das Texan
11-04-2022, 11:43 PM
High ticket prices.
Not giving a fuck about fans in reality especially season ticket holders.
Team not really giving a fuck and making a great concerted effort to sell tickets either.
No big promos really to get fans into the doors.

They start to give a fuck, not to mention that anyone who has cut cable cant really watch the team, and fans will show up, great product (in terms of the basketball being played) from what I've seen.

Thomas82
11-05-2022, 12:14 AM
IMO, once we get our next franchise player (whenever that may be), fans will start coming back. If we go too long without one, the team might not survive in San Antonio.

spurs1990
11-05-2022, 12:19 AM
I thought OP was hinting that tickets was a precursor to them relocating. That’s what I’m really worried about. Seattle or Vegas coming down the aisle and giving the Holts an offer they can’t refuse. I hope the SA Mayor has plans in place to prevent it

illusioNtEk
11-05-2022, 01:55 AM
If it moved to downtown Austin ill buy 2 season pass tickets!

Dancelot
11-05-2022, 02:02 AM
If it moved to downtown Austin I’ll buy 2 season pass tickets!
And they would be 5x the price as what they are in San Antonio.

TDomination
11-05-2022, 05:44 AM
For me 2 reasons:

1) keep trading my favorite player, someone I watch get better and better every year until they become an all star. Then just like that he’s gone. And on top of that, current players that I like sound like they will be traded. Why would I cheer for that only for them to be gone soon too?

2) pricing. It’s too easy to just stay home and watch game there. If they want to bring the die hards back into the arena, gotta have 50% off days or some big promotion with heavily discounted prices. At least for one game.

if spurs keep winning this year, let’s say after 25 games they are still a few games above .500,I think people will start to come back.

CGD
11-05-2022, 08:23 AM
High ticket prices.
Not giving a fuck about fans in reality especially season ticket holders.
Team not really giving a fuck and making a great concerted effort to sell tickets either.
No big promos really to get fans into the doors.

They start to give a fuck, not to mention that anyone who has cut cable cant really watch the team, and fans will show up, great product (in terms of the basketball being played) from what I've seen.

When you talk about prices are you referring to lower levels? Feels like upper deck is still really affordable ($11-16), and middle bowl is like $150 for center court. Not saying latter is super cheap per se, but seems on the lower end based on my experiences on east coast.

CGD
11-05-2022, 08:25 AM
In my opinion the thing that is going to become more glaring now is the crappiness of the location. What a huge miss

Dex
11-05-2022, 08:42 AM
2) pricing. It’s too easy to just stay home and watch game there.

Seems like a subtle point, but can't be underestimated. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE going to the games for the full experience.

But I can also watch the game at home from my comfy couch, on a big screen with a loud stereo system and full instant replays. There is no line for the bathrooms, the food is better, and the drinks are sure as hell cheaper. I think a lot of people feel this way. It's the same reason theaters are struggling because having your own home theater has become way more accessible.

To OPs point, people NEED to buy tickets for the Spurs to survive...but when going to a game becomes a $300+ commitment between tickets, gas, parking, and food/drink...it makes the alternative start to look better.

Season tickets are an even bigger commitment, especially time wise. We have season tix for Longhorns football, which I love. But during football season, you basically have to plan your weekends around home games...and that's only SIX GAMES. Definitely a first world problem to have, but I can't imagine having to do that for 20-41 Spurs games every season.

BacktoBasics
11-05-2022, 09:50 AM
When you talk about prices are you referring to lower levels? Feels like upper deck is still really affordable ($11-16), and middle bowl is like $150 for center court. Not saying latter is super cheap per se, but seems on the lower end based on my experiences on east coast.

Like Dex said pricing is too high to motivate many people to have a night out. 150 is too much. Definitely unaffordable for any kind of family night out. A date maybe. You’re looking at 700-800 for a family of 4 to go out and sit in below average seats.

Harry Callahan
11-05-2022, 09:52 AM
I dropped my cash for a lower bowl seat (2 actually). I picked the Manu Jersey game against Charlotte. Halftime was great - the game was not, but that was the only game so far that was not competitive (with SA fielding Johnson and Vassell of course). I can't go to more than a game a year usually. I live in DFW area.

I don't understand why people keep talking about Austin. THERE IS NO STADIUM THAT WOULD WORK. The Drum is 50 years old, too small, and outdated. The Moody Center is 8-9M capacity and UTs fieldhouse situation. UT men's basketball seems to have attendance issues already (I think). Football is king in Austin because you only have 5 or 6 home games every year. People show up for that. Not basketball.

The City of Austin has other issues it needs to clean up before worrying about a pro basketball team.

The City of San Antonio needs to look long and hard at the arena situation - the ATT Center (?) is in a rotten location due to the local political situation 25 years ago. It would REALLY hurt if the new ownership team squandered the one and only big time pro team that will ever live in San Antonio.

The Spurs organization needs to figure things out in the next five years regarding the arena. The new training center is a start that looks to be a sweet situation. I really hope the Spurs stellar history over these 50 years will keep the wolves at bay until a new arena gets built.

A North of San Antonio situation on a more open location might work if both SA and Austin could realistically have a more shared fan base (still as the SA Spurs). My trip to downtown SA in mid-October was not encouraging. It seemed deserted. A downtown arena would still seem to be a fun thing. The old Alamodome is a much better location, but a rotten basketball facility.

vy65
11-05-2022, 09:59 AM
Viva las Austin

Dex
11-05-2022, 10:02 AM
I dropped my cash for a lower bowl seat (2 actually). I picked the Manu Jersey game against Charlotte. Halftime was great - the game was not, but that was the only game so far that was not competitive (with SA fielding Johnson and Vassell of course).

I don't understand why people keep talking about Austin. THERE IS NO STADIUM THAT WOULD WORK. The Drum is 50 years old, too small, and outdated. The Moody Center is 8-9M capacity and UTs fieldhouse situation. UT men's basketball seems to have attendance issues already (I think). Football is king in Austin because you only have 5 or 6 home games every year. People show up for that. Not basketball.

The City of Austin has other issues it needs to clean up before worrying about a pro basketball team.

The City of San Antonio needs to look long and hard at the arena situation - the ATT Center (?) is in a rotten location due to the local political situation 25 years ago. It would REALLY hurt if the new ownership team squandered the one and only big time pro team that will ever live in San Antonio.

The Spurs organization needs to figure things out in the next five years regarding the arena. The new training center is a start that looks to be a sweet situation. I really hope the Spurs stellar history over these 50 years will keep the wolves at bay until a new arena gets built.

A North of San Antonio situation on a more open location might work if both SA and Austin could realistically have a more shared fan base (still as the SA Spurs). My trip to downtown SA in mid-October was not encouraging. It seemed deserted. A downtown arena would still seem to be a fun thing. The old Alamodome is a much better location, but a rotten basketball facility.

Honestly they should rip down The Dome and put the Spurs new arena there. Prime location.

It will never happen because it was built on tax-payer money, still hosts other events like Bowl Games, UTSA football, concerts, and soon to be the home of the XFL San Antonio Brahmas.

Unfortunately, I don't see the "middle-ground" situation of an arena in...say, New Braunfels....working well because then you are asking both San Antonio AND Austin fans to commute.

Also agree with your point Moody isn't a great venue for the Spurs. The capacity is limited and the parking is a fucking nightmare in downtown Austin.

Harry Callahan
11-05-2022, 10:17 AM
Honestly they should rip down The Dome and put the Spurs new arena there. Prime location.

It will never happen because it was built on tax-payer money, still hosts other events like Bowl Games, concerts, and soon to be the home of the XFL San Antonio Brahmas.

Unfortunately, I don't see the "middle-ground" situation of an arena in...say, New Braunfels....working well because then you are asking both San Antonio AND Austin fans to commute.

Also agree with your point Moody isn't a great venue for the Spurs. The capacity is limited and the parking is fucking nightmare in downtown Austin.

Downtown SA would be great like in the old Hemisfair arena days when I locked into the Spurs. Except with a new cool facility with good access. You are very likely correct about the "in between" SA and Austin scenario. The team needs to stay in SA with either a downtown locale or an outside 1604 spot to set it up in a big open area (if that exists). I hope one of those things can happen.

JakeCuenca
11-05-2022, 10:50 AM
Wasn’t this already a talking point by trolls 6 years ago. It’s been like this for a long time

K...
11-05-2022, 11:04 AM
Wasn’t this already a talking point by trolls 6 years ago. It’s been like this for a long time

yeah, but now we've lost the nostalgia factor of watching big names. It's obvious to us, that murray, vassel, and johnson will be special players worth watching, but one guy was traded for magic beans, the others aren't yet stars the casuals will know.

I've been beating on my desk for years, the spurs need to spend money to make games worth it. tanking during corona would have been better. now we have an affordability crisis and the spurs aren't the kind of team rich influencers want to flock to. They've had ten years to know the duncan era would end. maybe 5 years if they thought kawhi would fill sits, and i don't know if they really though derozan would. Derozan is very entertaining but a big leap in value and tradition (and i don't think he ever really wanted to be here).

I was going to do a thread "the case for the spurs not moving" and it's basically that the problems of San Antonio are worse in all other cities. Unless a new rich person is personally going to champion a move to Vegas or austin it won't happen. Muck is stuck with twitter now and functionally broke. It's cheaper to just fix the transportation and amenities then build a new arena. SA has better politicians than most cities.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-05-2022, 11:14 AM
Vegas baby!! Oh yeah!!

Russ
11-05-2022, 11:22 AM
It's a bad look.

After five titles in a small market, the team deserves better.

Darius Bieber
11-05-2022, 11:36 AM
Make 100 level tickets $20-$40 instead of $160+ and watch the stadium be full.

CGD
11-05-2022, 11:39 AM
I dropped my cash for a lower bowl seat (2 actually). I picked the Manu Jersey game against Charlotte. Halftime was great - the game was not, but that was the only game so far that was not competitive (with SA fielding Johnson and Vassell of course). I can't go to more than a game a year usually. I live in DFW area.

Good post. I too was downtown for a conference a few months back and was discouraged by what seemed to be a deserted vibe downtown on a pleasant weekend weather wise etc. I haven’t lived in SA in over two decades, but what gives? where do people go out to bars and socialize these days? Is it more a house parties and get together town now?

The Pearl stuff is nice, but doesn’t seem like their is space to build there. Definitely need surrounding action/attractions to make the experience more enjoyable.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2022, 12:03 PM
It looks like an arena could be shoehorned into the current parking lot A. Fox Tech is probably still an option

Unfortunately, I don't see the "middle-ground" situation of an arena in...say, New Braunfels....working well because then you are asking both San Antonio AND Austin fans to commute.That works for football but not basketball.

Also agree with your point Moody isn't a great venue for the Spurs. The capacity is limited and the parking is a fucking nightmare in downtown Austin.No NBA team would ever use that as a permanent venue. All the potential downtown Austin sites have been taken so scratch that. The city does own a site midtown on I-35 but the infrastructure that would be needed around it seems prohibitive. That leaves less than ideal spots on the outskirts of town or the burbs which could work but only Round Rock seems eager to burn money for that kind of thing. It still looks like San Antonio has substantial advantages going forward.

I believe any ownership group mulling a sale or relocation would probably wait until the terms of the new media deal come into focus the next year or two. If it's really good the NBA might just grant expansion teams to Vegas and Seattle so those options would be gone. If not, let the speculation begin.

poopbox
11-05-2022, 12:10 PM
How am I supposed to talk shit on this forum during the game if I am actually at the game :cry

daslicer
11-05-2022, 12:18 PM
I live in Charlotte but whenever they come, I go to their games.

daslicer
11-05-2022, 12:22 PM
For me 2 reasons:

1) keep trading my favorite player, someone I watch get better and better every year until they become an all star. Then just like that he’s gone. And on top of that, current players that I like sound like they will be traded. Why would I cheer for that only for them to be gone soon too?

2) pricing. It’s too easy to just stay home and watch game there. If they want to bring the die hards back into the arena, gotta have 50% off days or some big promotion with heavily discounted prices. At least for one game.

if spurs keep winning this year, let’s say after 25 games they are still a few games above .500,I think people will start to come back.

This is to me is a problem all across the league. I live in Charlotte, but I used to go to Hornets games all the time because tickets were cheap. I used to be able to get courtside tickets for 150-170 dollars and it was to see good teams play. Now these same tickets will cost 400-600 dollars. I'm not paying money to sit nosebleed or anywhere else besides the courtside section, so I rather stay at home and watch the games on TV.

The Truth #6
11-05-2022, 12:24 PM
With the Bally app for $20/month it’s easier to watch at home.

libertarian4321
11-05-2022, 12:32 PM
The Spurs need to trade for Boban, then I'll start going more often. If the team is going to suck/tank (I assume we'll get there eventually, despite the strong start), at least make the games fun!

Das Texan
11-05-2022, 12:49 PM
Honestly front office took season ticket holders for granted for years during the Big 3 era.

Once they left, their inattention to the fans they really need most, is the biggest reason why you see what you see honestly.

Tyronn Lue
11-05-2022, 01:22 PM
No one wants to see Primo's dick, and your best player in the past 10 years is in LA.

Vince Carter's ankle
11-05-2022, 02:05 PM
No one wants to see Primo's dick, and your best player in the past 10 years is in LA.
https://www.meme-arsenal.com/memes/c7aacce737708d9fc2792108c0a191d6.jpg

RC_Drunkford
11-05-2022, 03:21 PM

this is why you got those ugly jerseys. RC is trying to market the Spurs as a regional team, which is why they will be playing games in Austin and Mexico. That's why they came up with the whole SATX thing. I don't think it'll work, but he's basically trying to bring other areas around San Antonio into the equation and not just locals.

KingKev
11-05-2022, 03:32 PM
Attending a game in San Antonio even when we were good has always been dog shit product. I’m sorry.

I go to 10-15 Raps games a year in Toronto and they are an absolute blast of a night out regardless of the sporting event outcome but even places like Detroit, Cleveland are 10x of a fan experience than San Antonio.

Das Texan
11-05-2022, 03:49 PM
Attending a game in San Antonio even when we were good has always been dog shit product. I’m sorry.

I go to 10-15 Raps games a year in Toronto and they are an absolute blast of a night out regardless of the sporting event outcome but even places like Detroit, Cleveland are 10x of a fan experience than San Antonio.

bingo.

thats entirely on management, and it yet again shows how they havent really given a flying fuck about the fans and took things completely for granted when things were great.

Holts made cash over fist never looking really to what happens AFTER they retired.

pretty stupid honestly.

but the attempts to grow the fan base outside of San Antonio is smart and really something they should have been seizing upon years ago, though they have tried at different times, just was mostly done half assed.

the business development side has been pretty piss poor probably since Bookbinder left if I recall my dates.

KingKev
11-05-2022, 03:58 PM
bingo.

thats entirely on management, and it yet again shows how they havent really given a flying fuck about the fans and took things completely for granted when things were great.

Holts made cash over fist never looking really to what happens AFTER they retired.

pretty stupid honestly.

but the attempts to grow the fan base outside of San Antonio is smart and really something they should have been seizing upon years ago, though they have tried at different times, just was mostly done half assed.

the business development side has been pretty piss poor probably since Bookbinder left if I recall my dates.

Yeah agreed. Anytime I get to San Antonio for a game it's still absolutely nostalgic and I’m a child again but only because Spurs basketball runs deep in my veins since I was about 7. But honestly as someone who doesn’t live in San Antonio I get my games in other teams cities because it’s just a better product.

The great thing about NBA league pass for an international fan is you get to switch broadcasts so you see what other ball clubs are offering during play break and it’s not the boring hometown garbage, terrible corny music rift raft SSE throws out. Easily one of the lamest entertainment propositions in basketball.

JPB
11-05-2022, 04:08 PM
bingo.

pretty stupid honestly.

That's something they indeed should have anticipated and done during the big 3 heyday... Easier selling a contending team filled with stars than a rebuilding team with no name kids...

People have so many ways to entertain themselves nowadays and just want feel good stuff, specially younger people who basically support whatever team is winning or are players fans..

they won't drag much people with Jerey Sochan or Devin Vassel in a 35-47 team...

TekXX
11-05-2022, 04:09 PM
They're wasting their time going to Austin and Mexico with these play-in teams they keep constructing. Nobody in those areas will waste their time rooting for a sub par product that's not even in their own community. Get the team better and then worry about escaping SA.

KingKev
11-05-2022, 04:18 PM
They're wasting their time going to Austin and Mexico with these play-in teams they keep constructing. Nobody in those areas will waste their time rooting for a sub par product that's not even in their own community. Get the team better and then worry about escaping SA.

Mexico City is a brilliant move. Building brand loyalty in that massive market of ppl who love NBA basketball is a layup. Mexico City isn’t getting a team anytime soon, if ever. Knowing this, the Spurs are building a global fan base based on cultural symmetry. It’s fucking genius. Problem is the Spurs need to put better product on the court.

jeebus
11-05-2022, 04:24 PM
All the Spurs gotta do is play the Lakers every home game. The stadium gets filled with Laker fans then.

Mugen
11-05-2022, 04:45 PM
I'll try to go to a bunch of home games once they relocate to Vegas tbh

D-Robinson 50 fan
11-05-2022, 04:46 PM
I’ve been to 3 games so far and everyone has been pretty full and the fans have been hella loud. It hasn’t been sold out per the actual (the tickets could be sold and folks just didn’t go) in seat area view, but it’s been pretty close.

I’ve had a blast at teach game also. Even the Charlotte ass kicking on opening night.

TD 21
11-05-2022, 05:30 PM
Strongly disagree. The only power you have as a fan is to not show up/watch and it's what both the franchise and league deserve considering what's gone on here the past half decade.

Are they still giving out free tickets to Maple Leafs season ticket holders?

KingKev
11-05-2022, 06:16 PM
Strongly disagree. The only power you have as a fan is to not show up/watch and it's what both the franchise and league deserve considering what's gone on here the past half decade.

Are they still giving out free tickets to Maple Leafs season ticket holders?

Honestly I might be the only Canadian who can’t ice skate. Leafs are the NHL’s Knicks tbh. I’m not working on Bay St in TO currently but when I was it got to the point you couldn’t give away Leafs tickets. I’d only go for a pre-drink in the lower bars or to take a chick I just wanted to have fun with

If you are a casual Spurs fan it’s gotta be the same or worse.

baseline bum
11-05-2022, 06:26 PM
specially younger people who basically support whatever team is winning or are players fans

Like the 90s wasn't just a bunch of Jordan stans. They even rushed the floor for Jordan when he won his first title in LA.

spurs10
11-05-2022, 06:57 PM

Disclaimer: timvp and I haven't lived in S.A. since 2014, so we haven't been to the arena in a long while Tickets are so expensive it's really insane. It cost more to sit behind the basket on the 25th row than to sit in the front rows of a Stones concert. I spent thousands for years and eventually decided a week or two in Paris was less expensive and possibly just as fun. :) I'm not being facetious. The tickets are ridiculously expensive.

tonight...you
11-05-2022, 07:00 PM
It's a bad look.

After five titles in a small market, the team deserves better.
The team deserves nothing.
Why does it deserve better than any other small market team?
Because it won for 30 years?
Every team deserves what it gets by it's FO.

No more, no less.

tonight...you
11-05-2022, 07:03 PM
Honestly I might be the only Canadian who can’t ice skate. Leafs are the NHL’s Knicks tbh. I’m not working on Bay St in TO currently but when I was it got to the point you couldn’t give away Leafs tickets. I’d only go for a pre-drink in the lower bars or to take a chick I just wanted to have fun with

If you are a casual Spurs fan it’s gotta be the same or worse.
You are an unusually eloquent poster that deserves reading upon many fronts.
Well deserved.
I'm glad you're here.
Even with your insults toward me.

gambit1990
11-05-2022, 07:26 PM
it's been said a million times before but too bad they don't play downtown...

KingKev
11-05-2022, 08:03 PM
Nuggets pregame is all new hip hop, paying tribute to Takeoff and their players are bouncing getting warm.

Spurs shoot around is Journey, Katy Perry and Jock Jams greatest hits lol

KingKev
11-05-2022, 08:30 PM
Also Nuggets have a squad of 25 smoking hot chicks who dance.

Hot, fit, talented girls dancing.

timtonymanu
11-05-2022, 08:39 PM
Nuggets pregame is all new hip hop, paying tribute to Takeoff and their players are bouncing getting warm.

This is so accurate. I always have to mute the timeouts/halftime show stuff in a Spurs home game. it's like their playlist is 10 years behind still.

Das Texan
11-05-2022, 10:12 PM
Mexico City is a brilliant move. Building brand loyalty in that massive market of ppl who love NBA basketball is a layup. Mexico City isn’t getting a team anytime soon, if ever. Knowing this, the Spurs are building a global fan base based on cultural symmetry. It’s fucking genius. Problem is the Spurs need to put better product on the court.

I hope they do a game in Monterrey (if they have a stadium that can handle an NBA game next season). Its what they should have done ages ago honestly. Its genius.

RC_Drunkford
11-05-2022, 10:29 PM
This is so accurate. I always have to mute the timeouts/halftime show stuff in a Spurs home game. it's like their playlist is 10 years behind still.

just like the way they played basketball before this season. I see a pattern here

gambit1990
11-06-2022, 12:38 AM
to OP's point... things aren't gonna change.

gambit1990
11-06-2022, 12:42 AM
people in san antonio are cheap and make less money than other markets in texas.

fans don't really show / that's why san antonio's viewership per local market is so high. idk about this year but i think the spurs were ranked #1 or #2 last season or the season before that.

JPB
11-06-2022, 12:23 PM
I'll try to go to a bunch of home games once they relocate to Vegas tbh

the Vegas Spurs would sound awkward AF, tbh. But easier attracting FAs I guess...

Chomag
11-06-2022, 02:11 PM
Change the ticket prices to the season's expectations would help.

TXstbobcat
11-06-2022, 02:25 PM
VIA doesn’t offer park and ride bus service to spurs games anymore which has cutdown on the number of games that I go to. So far I am only going to weekend games. The last thing I want to do after work on a weekday is drive in rush hour traffic to get to the AT&T Center.

Leetonidas
11-06-2022, 02:28 PM
Also Nuggets have a squad of 25 smoking hot chicks who dance.

Hot, fit, talented girls dancing.

The Spurs hype squad is the lamest shit ever. Are we the only team that doesn't have a cheerleading squad? :lol

EJFischer
11-06-2022, 02:36 PM
I've been to three games so far this year—opening night loss against the Hornets, the win against the Bulls, and the game where they were obliterated by Toronto—and I agree. I didn't expect the games to be fun this season, and honestly hadn't been enjoying them all the much for a few years already. But, surprisingly, this young group with no expectations on them is really fun to watch! I think I'm having the most fun going to games that I have since probably 2017. I'm going again on Friday to see us almost certainly lose to the Bucks.

KingKev
11-06-2022, 02:54 PM
The Spurs hype squad is the lamest shit ever. Are we the only team that doesn't have a cheerleading squad? :lol

Many teams have gone to a mix of male/female dance packs. I get it. The thing is Silver Dancers were hardly anything to write home about to begin with.

Nothing like sitting court side and watching hot ass cheerleaders do their dancy dance. It’s like sitting perverts row at the peelers. Always makes me feel so damn awkward like can I stare right now?!?

rascal
11-06-2022, 09:08 PM
Vegas Spurs goes along with The Raiders color scheme.

gospursgojas
11-06-2022, 10:08 PM
Stadium too far. In the ghetto.

DPG21920
11-06-2022, 10:12 PM
I have had season tickets for 2 years now. Attendance seems fine most of the time tbh..think SA is still upper half in terms of attendance numbers…

But its pricing Im guessing for most. But thats not really an excuse for fans here since while you should not maybe buy season tickets if you are cost sensitive, the resale market provides amazing deals nearly every game.

It’ was a reason I had to negotiate better seats/arrangements to renew this year; told the rep I want to support team but with how we arent a contender and with how resale market is a great deal, I need some value to re-up. We worked it out and I go to every game, but theres no excuse for fans to not be buying resale market tickets.

You can sit row 20 or lower for 30-50% off most games at this point and its still a blast going to the games (just like last year). May also be a function of inflation/bad economy and people feeling the the squeeze?

The Truth #6
11-06-2022, 10:20 PM
I have had season tickets for 2 years now. Attendance seems fine most of the time tbh..think SA is still upper half in terms of attendance numbers…

But its pricing Im guessing for most. But thats not really an excuse for fans here since while you should not maybe buy season tickets if you are cost sensitive, the resale market provides amazing deals nearly every game.

It’ was a reason I had to negotiate better seats/arrangements to renew this year; told the rep I want to support team but with how we arent a contender and with how resale market is a great deal, I need some value to re-up. We worked it out and I go to every game, but theres no excuse for fans to not be buying resale market tickets.

You can sit row 20 or lower for 30-50% off most games at this point and its still a blast going to the games (just like last year). May also be a function of inflation/bad economy and people feeling the the squeeze?

Good points. Stubhub, I guess? I’ve never dealt with them.

MI21
11-06-2022, 10:55 PM

Curious - what does a season ticket to the Spurs cost in a mid-range type seat?

DPG21920
11-06-2022, 11:06 PM
Curious - what does a season ticket to the Spurs cost in a mid-range type seat?

I would say mid-range is at least lower bowl rows 18-25 (thats how they do pricing - its a combo of section/view and row. They usually have it where a range of rows are all in a certain price range. So whether you are row 18 or row 25 for example, its $100 a seat). Those are about $100 a seat (so times 41 games that would be $4000 for the season - and they normally include parking and few other perks)

They have upper bowl seats for prob $30 a seat, and courtside run about $800-1500.

Im row 10 and its about $150 a seat

DPG21920
11-06-2022, 11:08 PM
Good points. Stubhub, I guess? I’ve never dealt with them.

You can go straight to Ticketmaster and see both unsold seats from SA and resale seats. Except for the most popular/best teams (lakers, golden state, etc..) you can sit, row 10-20 for $50-100 after fees 75% of the games.

DPG21920
11-06-2022, 11:17 PM
Resale market being so bad for season ticket holders definitely is why season ticket sales are down amongst just fans being overly down on the team and not being a playoff team.

I dont think season tickets are a great deal at the moment; in years past it was a solid investment. Could both go to games and sell tickets for more than you paid and cover a lot of the costs (go to half the games, sell other half and basically go for free to those 20 games if thats what you wanted. Or go to all the games, sell the playoff seats and recoup most of cost that way too).

Right now, if I try to sell my tickets to say the Kings or whatever, I have to sell my $150 ticket for $100 or so. So its a great time right now to sit wayyyyy closer than you normally could for the money.

I dont sell mine because I go to all the games, but this is what is going on right now in the ticket world price wise. Anyone that has questions let me know and I will be sure to post my tickets for sale here if I cant go for some reason (and you can avoid the fees of Ticketmaster etc..)

blizz
11-07-2022, 06:21 AM
You logged into the wrong account. This is rascal not GAbleedingcunt.

Why are you so angry? Not enough antifa activity for you to vent so you come here and go off on people? I mean all the guy said was fire pop and you go on a tirade. You need help. You post nothing meaningful. You exist here just to pick fights with people. You’re a sad sad little man.

Brazil
11-07-2022, 07:19 AM

:lmao

:cry dat liberal agenda :cry me no liking :cry screw Pop :cry free gun for everybody :cry

TimDunkem
11-07-2022, 08:47 AM

They've done this for years. People still won't show up for free.

TimDunkem
11-07-2022, 08:48 AM
VIA doesn’t offer park and ride bus service to spurs games anymore which has cutdown on the number of games that I go to. So far I am only going to weekend games. The last thing I want to do after work on a weekday is drive in rush hour traffic to get to the AT&T Center.

This has always been a problem, sadly.

BacktoBasics
11-07-2022, 08:55 AM
Why are you so angry? Not enough antifa activity for you to vent so you come here and go off on people? I mean all the guy said was fire pop and you go on a tirade. You need help. You post nothing meaningful. You exist here just to pick fights with people. You’re a sad sad little man.

Don’t play dumb and rational when you know full well that poster doesn’t come on this forum and make well thought out and critical observations/points that contribute to the conversations in any analytical way.

He logs in to talk shit and tear away at the integrity of the team. We have a few here who do that simply to be contrarian and because they think it somehow fits the anti liberal narrative they’re forced to subscribe to.

Just another lame attempt by another one of you to inject your political cult nonsense. You people aren’t real fans. You’re no stranger to anger. You people stormed the capital, killed people and attempted to over throw the government. Gtfo with the “why so angry” line of bullshit.

lefty
11-07-2022, 11:52 AM

:lol

Trill Clinton
11-07-2022, 12:12 PM

Excuses excuses. When the rodeo is in town people come far and wide and even camp out nearby with no problems.

lefty
11-07-2022, 12:35 PM
Excuses excuses. When the rodeo is in town people come far and wide and even camp out nearby with no problems.

Time to relocate the franchise then

Trill Clinton
11-07-2022, 12:47 PM
Time to relocate the franchise then

Not happening

daboom1
11-07-2022, 01:28 PM
Pop shit on half the fan base. The NBA became a propaganda outlet for the DNC. You reap what you sow.

GAustex
11-07-2022, 01:29 PM
Pop shit on half the fan base. The NBA became a propaganda outlet for the DNC. You reap what you sow.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2022, 01:30 PM
sn:lolwflakes

lefty
11-07-2022, 02:13 PM
Like the 90s wasn't just a bunch of Jordan stans. They even rushed the floor for Jordan when he won his first title in LA.
NGL I try to watch Nuggets games (which is like twice a year since I don't have the time lol) because Jokic has been my favorite player to watch since his rookie year

BacktoBasics
11-07-2022, 02:54 PM

The fact that you cultist think you represent half the fan base truly speaks to the self aggrandizing nature of who you losers really are. You’ve been marginalized from society, ostracized on this board and are an embarrassment to real conservatives everywhere.

Feigning support for a team who’s base wants nothing more than for you to people to go away.

elbamba1
11-07-2022, 03:18 PM
When Pop made it a practice to sit stars, I stopped paying money to go to the games. If we lose the team to Austin, I am good with that. You put the arena in a dumpy part of town, parking and traffic suck - no thanks, I'll pass.

ambchang
11-07-2022, 04:20 PM
Because people don’t care about politics and only want to watch basketball so when pop talks about politics they suddenly are deeply offended by something they don’t care about and decide to boycott games.

slick'81
11-07-2022, 04:42 PM
Spur fans aren't buying into this tean

baseline bum
11-07-2022, 05:14 PM
When Pop made it a practice to sit stars, I stopped paying money to go to the games. If we lose the team to Austin, I am good with that. You put the arena in a dumpy part of town, parking and traffic suck - no thanks, I'll pass.

Happens when you're beggars getting taxpayers to build your stadium. I'm fine with losing the team to Austin or Las Vegas if the other option is paying a billion dollars of welfare to the Holts and Michael Dell for a new stadium.

daboom1
11-30-2022, 12:40 PM
Nah, I'm good.

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1597707427457028096?s=20

Chomag
11-30-2022, 01:35 PM
This!

I can only budget to go to a handful of games a year and I was burned by Pop sitting stars on most of them , well I guess I'm burnt out now. Plus it never helps that it's at a shitty part of town.

baseline bum
11-30-2022, 01:40 PM
Nah, I'm good.

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1597707427457028096?s=20

Yeah that silly negro deserved to die for whistling at a white woman.

daboom1
11-30-2022, 01:51 PM

This is a non sequitur.

ChumpDumper
11-30-2022, 02:31 PM
This is a non sequitur.
What do you have against the movie Till, Qhris?

ambchang
11-30-2022, 07:16 PM

I think it’s more to do with people feeling shame and not being able to handle it because some other white people did horrible shit.

paperboy77
11-30-2022, 07:29 PM

I think everyone gets it but aren't y'all tired of this crap? Move the hell on!

TekXX
11-30-2022, 07:32 PM
San Antonio has never been a sports town, could barely fill the joint in prime Duncan, Tony, Manu years.

baseline bum
11-30-2022, 07:56 PM
I think everyone gets it but aren't y'all tired of this crap? Move the hell on!

Tired of movies about American history?

tim_duncan_fan
11-30-2022, 08:11 PM
Racists pretending to be sports fans will never not be odd. Sportsmanship doesn't fit within your simultaneously murderous and cowardly worldview. It's not like you believe in competition, so what do you even get out of it?
Oh, being part of a group.

Russ
11-30-2022, 09:23 PM
Spurs Fans Need to Start Buying Tickets

Lottery tickets.

paperboy77
11-30-2022, 09:25 PM
Tired of movies about American history?

yeah, pretty much. It's called beating a dead horse. Gets old dude you gotta admit. Anyway... you black.. like not in mind but actually?

baseline bum
11-30-2022, 09:48 PM
yeah, pretty much. It's called beating a dead horse. Gets old dude you gotta admit. Anyway... you black.. like not in mind but actually?

OK American history has been done to death. No more nonfiction movies here.

spurs10
11-30-2022, 10:44 PM
Pop shit on half the fan base. The NBA became a propaganda outlet for the DNC. You reap what you sow. In 2016 when Pop started speaking out about the race-baiting of the abomination Donald Trump many right wingers came forward to say they would no longer buy tickets. For the years to follow you could not buy season tickets because they were sold out. 7 years later, with a team that couldn't pay off the refs for a win, people like you wanting to make us sucking so bad about Pop's politics is funny, as are you. I had season tickets and quite enjoyed not sitting by someone as stupid as you, but that's just me.

gambit1990
12-01-2022, 11:01 PM
San Antonio has never been a sports town, could barely fill the joint in prime Duncan, Tony, Manu years.
this is the truth.

people in san antonio are cheap and make less money than other markets in texas.

donaldsonian
12-02-2022, 09:35 AM
Tickets are so expensive it's really insane. It cost more to sit behind the basket on the 25th row than to sit in the front rows of a Stones concert.

Who needs the Stones when the Spurs ticket includes the always off-key singing of Mariachi Nuevo Estilo?

jjspur
12-02-2022, 05:58 PM
Sorry but I won't pay good money to see a team play half ass or tank. They can play better but pop and co. won't let them. Maybe next year when they aren't tanking as hard.

koriwhat
12-02-2022, 06:09 PM
See yall tonight from the charter level. :tu

paperboy77
12-02-2022, 07:29 PM
In 2016 when Pop started speaking out about the race-baiting of the abomination Donald Trump many right wingers came forward to say they would no longer buy tickets. For the years to follow you could not buy season tickets because they were sold out. 7 years later, with a team that couldn't pay off the refs for a win, people like you wanting to make us sucking so bad about Pop's politics is funny, as are you. I had season tickets and quite enjoyed not sitting by someone as stupid as you, but that's just me.

He's right tho

JPB
12-02-2022, 09:54 PM
Sorry but I won't pay good money to see a team play half ass or tank. They can play better but pop and co. won't let them. Maybe next year when they aren't tanking as hard.

This seriously. Pay the hefty price of a game ticket to see your team play to lose... Wha's the point? Go support the other team and boo when spurs score? And I don't care to see NBA stars if I know my team is gonna suck... You watch sports for competition and excitement

This is what you get when you tank in town like SA. Can't advocate for tanking and be surprised fans stay home... So many other stuff to watch or do nowadays.

Same for pêeps who are surprised or pissed the team suck in their tanking journey...Like they were gonna go 0-82, losing all their games just by 1 on a buzzer beater. Ofc you tank, you suck if only because players quickly understand and won't let it all on the floor. All it takes is just a little less intensity in an NBA game to be torched.

jjspur
12-03-2022, 09:54 AM
This seriously. Pay the hefty price of a game ticket to see your team play to lose... Wha's the point? Go support the other team and boo when spurs score? And I don't care to see NBA stars if I know my team is gonna suck... You watch sports for competition and excitement

This is what you get when you tank in town like SA. Can't advocate for tanking and be surprised fans stay home... So many other stuff to watch or do nowadays.

Same for pêeps who are surprised or pissed the team suck in their tanking journey...Like they were gonna go 0-82, losing all their games just by 1 on a buzzer beater. Ofc you tank, you suck if only because players quickly understand and won't let it all on the floor. All it takes is just a little less intensity in an NBA game to be torched.

To quote a famous basketball player "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." -Michael Jordan . That should explain it all.

DPG21920
12-03-2022, 10:05 AM
Spurs arent tanking in the sense of not playing your best players. The guys play hard,. If you watch the games, no one can accuse Pop or the players of not playing hard.

spurs10
12-06-2022, 01:33 PM
Who needs the Stones when the Spurs ticket includes the always off-key singing of Mariachi Nuevo Estilo? That's one of my favourite parts!! :sombrero:

spurs10
12-06-2022, 01:34 PM
Spurs arent tanking in the sense of not playing your best players. The guys play hard,. If you watch the games, no one can accuse Pop or the players of not playing hard. This.

KingKev
12-06-2022, 02:13 PM
I don’t live in San Antonio but as a long term and die hard Spurs fan I’d happily pay 200ish for tickets/whiskey for a night of watching us get blown out knowing it’s in the longer term interest of the franchise.

Hi fives all around every time Keldon clanks from deep

slick'81
12-06-2022, 02:30 PM
I don’t live in San Antonio but as a long term and die hard Spurs fan I’d happily pay 200ish for tickets/whiskey for a night of watching us get blown out knowing it’s in the longer term interest of the franchise.

Hi fives all around every time Keldon clanks from deep

drinking will definitely help embrace the tank

DPG21920
12-06-2022, 03:06 PM
Lately it’s been rough, but for most part, the games were competitive. It’s still a lot of fun. You still get hyped and root for the team; cant help that. But you dont die with the losses.

KingKev
12-06-2022, 03:14 PM
drinking will definitely help embrace the tank

Pop is definitely self medicating on the sidelines on his way out.

Now if we could only bring back the Spurs Silver dancers. Black, white, straight, gay, left, right even Aliens enjoy watching hot chicks dance.

spurraider21
12-06-2022, 03:41 PM
move to Vegas

MultiTroll
12-08-2022, 02:38 PM
Rockets @ Spurs per espn:
Tickets as low as $11

Nuggets @ Blazers
Tickets as low as $9

Is this on the strength of GOAT CIA Pop or did some company buy up a boatload of cheaper seats for this Rockets - Spurs clash?

exstatic
12-08-2022, 03:26 PM
Rockets @ Spurs per espn:
Tickets as low as $11

Nuggets @ Blazers
Tickets as low as $9

Is this on the strength of GOAT CIA Pop or did some company buy up a boatload of cheaper seats for this Rockets - Spurs clash?

I guess Roxfan buys the ticket and makes the trip even when they suck.

T Park
12-09-2022, 01:56 PM
I thought OP was hinting that tickets was a precursor to them relocating. That’s what I’m really worried about. Seattle or Vegas coming down the aisle and giving the Holts an offer they can’t refuse. I hope the SA Mayor has plans in place to prevent it

Vegas and Seattle are getting expansion teams. No reason to move a team to either city.

T Park
12-09-2022, 02:10 PM
Resale market being so bad for season ticket holders definitely is why season ticket sales are down amongst just fans being overly down on the team and not being a playoff team.

I dont think season tickets are a great deal at the moment; in years past it was a solid investment. Could both go to games and sell tickets for more than you paid and cover a lot of the costs (go to half the games, sell other half and basically go for free to those 20 games if thats what you wanted. Or go to all the games, sell the playoff seats and recoup most of cost that way too).

Right now, if I try to sell my tickets to say the Kings or whatever, I have to sell my $150 ticket for $100 or so. So its a great time right now to sit wayyyyy closer than you normally could for the money.

I dont sell mine because I go to all the games, but this is what is going on right now in the ticket world price wise. Anyone that has questions let me know and I will be sure to post my tickets for sale here if I cant go for some reason (and you can avoid the fees of Ticketmaster etc..)

Yeah them changing the policy of allowing us to sell the tickets and take that credit and pay for future season tickets really pissed me off.
Tickets to games i dont go to pretty much are getting wasted

D-Robinson 50 fan
12-09-2022, 09:35 PM
I’ve been to a decent amount of games so far and against the really good teams the games have been close to if not sold out. What I have noticed is a lot of the times the first half a lot of folks are In the food stands or bars and then after half time people come to their seats.

dbestpro
12-19-2022, 07:26 PM
Jan 13 Alamodome extravaganza against Golden St has sold more than 45,000 tickets, making it the highest-attended game in Spurs history. So much for Austin and Seattle.

AFBlue
12-19-2022, 09:40 PM
I'll also say the light grey seats in the lower section REALLY stand out when no one is sitting in them. Why didn't they go with black or something that would blend better?

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-21-2022, 04:12 PM
I’m flying to San Antonio for the “Alone in the Dome” game.

Gotta represent