PDA

View Full Version : Latest Intel Following Joshua Primo's Release

timvp
11-07-2022, 01:37 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/latest-spurs-intel-joshua-primo-bombshell/

:wakeup

spurraider21
11-07-2022, 01:59 PM
guess a lakers deal isn't happening. if they're not even at a point where they're offering a single first for both richardson and mcdermott they're never going to get where they need to get for a deal to happen

SPURt
11-07-2022, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the update timvp! The most frustrating aspect of this, as a fan, is the Spurs have buttoned down the hatches and we’re on the outside looking in. I’m looking forward to understanding the Spurs version of events.

lmbebo
11-07-2022, 02:38 PM
Primo update aside, disheartened on the trade front. Guess not a big surprise if the lakers are only willing to include 2 2nd round picks.

DPG21920
11-07-2022, 02:40 PM
This makes absolutely no sense that they would deviate from their plans on trading if their price is met just to avoid looking dysfunctional. Really disappointing fall out from the Primo debacle if true.

Not only burn the pick in spectacular fashion but not conducting business as normal because of it as well? How on earth does that help the situation and recouping loss capital? It’s just dumb

But, if all true, I am glad Wright and Spurs *seemingly* did the right things here. That part is great and happy to hear that and seems to be what Spurs believe happened given their statement and not firing Wright already.

If they felt it was bad, no way they would not let Wright take the fall if it were true what her lawyer said.

But the basketball operation stuff is kind of infuriating to hear not going to lie.

Seventyniner
11-07-2022, 02:40 PM
I don't like the idea of the FO thinking about trying to pivot into being buyers. Last year's team was better than their record indicated but this year's team is the opposite. The Spurs have already lost as many games by 20+ as last year's team did all season.

RC_Drunkford
11-07-2022, 02:41 PM
if they don't trade anybody until summer, fire the entire front office

The Truth #6
11-07-2022, 03:09 PM
With the Lakers being the most obvious partner and lowballing (and not to mention being enemies of Pop and RC) it sounds like a moot point. But the early success definitely seems fleeting. And hopefully they aren’t getting too locked in to any mindset (which sounds similar to getting the wrong expectation from the Bubble games a few years ago where they did better than expected.)

I think as the losses pile up they will see things differently. But the Lakers might not still come around.

(Tangent: wasn’t there an instance like 20 years ago when the NBA fined RC for when during a video call with the Lakers and Mitch Kupchak, he grabbed his nuts and said something like “Take that Meyotch!!”) Timvp, that was forever ago. Anything you can share about that? Lol.

Spurs Homer
11-07-2022, 03:27 PM
I am not one who BELIEVES that wright is safe-
unless the press conference and the victim are completely full of shit and in these matters it usually turns out to be that the victim is prone to be LESS full of shit than the perp

There just is no logical explanation for wright stalling/delaying action after the crime was reported

as for trades- i dont see the rush in getting rid of purtle by some spurs fans here-
why give up a good piece for nothing?

even if the spurs fail to get the top pick- they are poised to get a top 5 pick so keeping purtle and other current spurs and adding that pick seems better to me than trading everyone away for nothing

Thomas82
11-07-2022, 03:41 PM
I don't like where this is heading.

RC_Drunkford
11-07-2022, 03:42 PM
unless the press conference and the victim are completely full of shit and in these matters it usually turns out to be that the victim is prone to be LESS full of shit than the perp

There just is no logical explanation for wright stalling/delaying action after the crime was reported

as for trades- i dont see the rush in getting rid of purtle by some spurs fans here-

even if the spurs fail to get the top pick- they are poised to get a top 5 pick so keeping purtle and other current spurs and adding that pick seems better to me than trading everyone away for nothing

how? they seem to be poised to get into the play-in. I don't see them getting a top 5 pick in this years draft without trading away some players

MultiTroll
11-07-2022, 03:51 PM

All true and good points.
However the flip is why did she tolerate 9 (nine) separate instances?

B. If she sincerely felt dissed and was indeed a victim of Primo and the Spurs PATFO, why not get a reputable atty and pursue this sincerely?
Instead she runs to sleazeball Buzbee.

Stinks.

We need more info on both sides, probably won't ever get it.

Atl Spur
11-07-2022, 03:56 PM
Trades will happen…

Leetonidas
11-07-2022, 03:56 PM
Lol theyre gonna make it to the play in game, lose, and end up with a mid to late lotto pick again

K...
11-07-2022, 04:00 PM
Trades will happen…

Its generally not the time to trade anyway. If the spurs aren't active at the deadline than sure,.fire wright, but its obtuse to say the spurs are blowing it by not taking offers in the early season. I repeat that teams would likely try lowball the spurs in response to waiving primo thinking that the spurs might clear the house

Spurs Homer
11-07-2022, 04:16 PM
how? they seem to be poised to get into the play-in. I don't see them getting a top 5 pick in this years draft without trading away some players

they had a good start but the season is long and they will eventually come back down to earth and go thru some growing pains

pretty sure the “experts” were not too far off in their lack of talent assessment of the spurs- fortunately or unfortunately depending on your point of view

Spurs Homer
11-07-2022, 04:20 PM
All true and good points.
However the flip is why did she tolerate 9 (nine) separate instances?

B. If she sincerely felt dissed and was indeed a victim of Primo and the Spurs PATFO, why not get a reputable atty and pursue this sincerely?
Instead she runs to sleazeball Buzbee.

Stinks.

We need more info on both sides, probably won't ever get it.

THAT is where her lawsuit gives her an advantage- she went to spurs mgmt FIRST- and wright dicked around for months while she continued getting sexually harassed

most lawsuits like this fail when the victim runs to the press FIRST

but usually succeed when the victim goes to mgmt first and reports the crime and ASKS FOR RELIEF!

usually if mgmt tries to offer relief they dont get crucified/convicted

but

when a victim runs to mgmt to report the crime and mgmt

either IGNORES and/or worse- RETALIATES- then the case gets stronger

RC_Drunkford
11-07-2022, 04:23 PM
they had a good start but the season is long and they will eventually come back down to earth and go thru some growing pains

pretty sure the “experts” were not too far off in their lack of talent assessment of the spurs- fortunately or unfortunately depending on your point of view

them coming back down to earth doesn't mean they one of the 5 worst teams in the league. Spurs are clearly better than the Rockets, Lakers, Pistons, Magic. Then there are teams like the Kings, OKC, Pacers, Hornets, Jazz that will start tanking at some point. The Spurs need to get ahead of those teams otherwise they will end up in the same spot they were in last season

The Truth #6
11-07-2022, 04:27 PM
I wonder why Buzbee tip toed around Pop. Lots of SA people are conservative and like the Spurs but not Pop these days. A Bexar county trial might not automatically favor the Spurs. But hard to say for sure.

Maddog
11-07-2022, 04:58 PM

I also doubt Wright is safe here
If you look at the history of these things there's a tendency to not believe the initial victim especially if the perpetrator is someone well liked or you've invested a lot into.
Now there are a lot things in the timeline that don't make a lot of sense. However a lot of things just don't make sense form the Spurs side also.

Spurs Homer
11-07-2022, 05:11 PM
them coming back down to earth doesn't mean they one of the 5 worst teams in the league. Spurs are clearly better than the Rockets, Lakers, Pistons, Magic. Then there are teams like the Kings, OKC, Pacers, Hornets, Jazz that will start tanking at some point. The Spurs need to get ahead of those teams otherwise they will end up in the same spot they were in last season

again- fortunately or unfortunately

on the one hand they might continue their play and be a surprise…which will make half of spurs fans happy and half of spurs fans miserable

on the other hand, as other teams get their legs and their rotations and game plans sorted- this spurs team might discover that not having a go to scorer is the difference between wins and losses especially in close games…and this will cause this team to head to the lower 5 tier teams =

and this will make half spurs fans happy/other half miserable lol

RC_Drunkford
11-07-2022, 05:20 PM
again- fortunately or unfortunately

on the one hand they might continue their play and be a surprise…which will make half of spurs fans happy and half of spurs fans miserable

on the other hand, as other teams get their legs and their rotations and game plans sorted- this spurs team might discover that not having a go to scorer is the difference between wins and losses especially in close games…and this will cause this team to head to the lower 5 tier teams =

and this will make half spurs fans happy/other half miserable lol

I still hope teams will go zone and dare Sochan and Tre Jones to knock down 3s. Let's just hope the losing streak continues. According to their point differential they should be 2-8, so there's some hope

John B
11-07-2022, 05:30 PM
Spurs are linked (once again) to Simmons trade. Nets maybe open to trading Simmons as they faltered in the opening week(s). I’m curious if Spurs would pursue with now without our future “franchise” PG.

baseline bum
11-07-2022, 05:33 PM
ROFL at the Lakers thinking anyone is taking Westbrook off their hands for a couple of second rounders. Just keep tanking your season losers.

Ariel
11-07-2022, 05:34 PM
Standing still because of fear of screwing up after the Primo debacle is the absolute worst scenario. That's probably the nail in the coffin for the catastrophe that was Primo's tenure with the Spurs.

BackHome
11-07-2022, 05:41 PM
Yeah definitely don’t want this organization to act like a deer in the head lights they should be able to chew gum and walk at the same time.

MultiTroll
11-07-2022, 05:45 PM
THAT is where her lawsuit gives her an advantage- she went to spurs mgmt FIRST- and wright dicked around for months while she continued getting sexually harassed
Assumes facts not in evidence.

baseline bum
11-07-2022, 05:48 PM
Spurs are linked (once again) to Simmons trade. Nets maybe open to trading Simmons as they faltered in the opening week(s). I’m curious if Spurs would pursue with now without our future “franchise” PG.

Ship has sailed on that. I wouldn't trade Brian Wright for Simmons.

Ariel
11-07-2022, 05:53 PM
At this point, Simmons is an ex NBA player. His mental struggles remind me of Guillermo Coria, he was a top ranked tennis player some 20 years ago, and suffered a complete meltdown that caused him to systematically claim mysterious injuries whenever stakes got high, losing impossible games and ultimately ending his career. Serious mental issues are worse than physical ones.

Chomag
11-07-2022, 05:57 PM
This FO is doing everything they possibly can to stay on the treadmill. I don't know if it's just incompetence or ineptitude., but I'm not seeing any vision

Just lick your wounds and move on from Primo damn...

Russ
11-07-2022, 06:07 PM
guess a lakers deal isn't happening. if they're not even at a point where they're offering a single first for both richardson and mcdermott they're never going to get where they need to get for a deal to happen

The vibe in Lakerland is that they're more likely to trade Anthony Davis (rebuild) than try to compete this year.

A rare concession to reality from the generally delusional Lakers org.

Only one possible problem -- no one wants Davis.

daslicer
11-07-2022, 06:14 PM
At this point, Simmons is an ex NBA player. His mental struggles remind me of Guillermo Coria, he was a top ranked tennis player some 20 years ago, and suffered a complete meltdown that caused him to systematically claim mysterious injuries whenever stakes got high, losing impossible games and ultimately ending his career. Serious mental issues are worse than physical ones.

Coria sounds like Kawhi.

objective
11-07-2022, 06:17 PM
Simmons is good for a tank commander, but his contract runs another 2 years so he's more the President of an entire tanking administration.

But Brett Brown is here and the presumed heir, so maybe he thinks he can do something with him.

Brooklyn can trade it's 2028 first rounder and has a protected Philadelphia 1st in 2027

gambit1990
11-07-2022, 06:39 PM
patty mills coming back.

mo7888
11-07-2022, 06:42 PM
The vibe in Lakerland is that they're more likely to trade Anthony Davis (rebuild) than try to compete this year.

I just hope it's not for picks and they continue to tank. I don't want Nola getting a top pick from them in this draft... Maybe they could offer WB and AD to Brooklyn for their two drama players?

TD 21
11-07-2022, 06:44 PM
He said "possible" and somehow this has been taken as definite.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the direction they choose to go isn't going to be swayed by a fluky small sample size of 7 games.

Especially when they're now .500, 28th in point differential and the only team that's trailed 3 games by at least 30 points.

No matter the offers, even so much as considering not trading Poeltl and Richardson would be asinine.

Nonsense. His value obviously wouldn't be what it was 3.5 years ago, but it'd still be good.

But Brett Brown is here and the presumed heir, so maybe he thinks he can do something with him.

Brown is here for Pop's sanity and because he has experience with this.

MannyIsGod
11-07-2022, 06:48 PM
The Spurs aren't going to have a very good record whether they trade Poeltl or not, and if trade offers are truly off the table now they're fools. You're telling me taht if an offer with 2 minimally protected firsts came in RIGHT NOW for Jakob they say no? I just don't understand that.

I don't care how "hot" their start has been. The advanced stats say this team is not good. The record is already on its way to catching up with that. Spurs need to be sellers.

rankingtear
11-07-2022, 07:44 PM
2 rotation wing shooters and 21 mil trade exception for 2 second rounders. Ouch.

BacktoBasics
11-07-2022, 07:55 PM
The Spurs aren't going to have a very good record whether they trade Poeltl or not, and if trade offers are truly off the table now they're fools. You're telling me taht if an offer with 2 minimally protected firsts came in RIGHT NOW for Jakob they say no? I just don't understand that.

I don't care how "hot" their start has been. The advanced stats say this team is not good. The record is already on its way to catching up with that. Spurs need to be sellers.

I think it’s just smoke and babble to let teams know that we’re not giving anyone away on the cheap.

Your point makes a good argument either way. Trade or keep him. Unless it’s 2 firsts or a solid projected top 14 pick there’s no reason not to keep Poeltl. You’re not going to replace him with a late first and if this team can flip some picks to move up he’s not far out of the timeline that we couldn’t benefit from him down the road.

That is if the feeling is that he’ll resign at a reasonable market value.

Don’t get me wrong I’m fine to trade him but I’m just as good to keep him if we’re losing anyway. He’d be a nice piece if our roster improves in the off-season.

stephen jackson
11-07-2022, 07:58 PM
Honestly ridiculous man this front office is beyond garbage , they refuse to pull the trigger on anything any damn excuse to not trade , it can’t get any worse take get the picks and move everyone and play the young guys. Buncha pussys , can’t commit to any direction

baseline bum
11-07-2022, 08:18 PM
Honestly ridiculous man this front office is beyond garbage , they refuse to pull the trigger on anything any damn excuse to not trade , it can’t get any worse take get the picks and move everyone and play the young guys. Buncha pussys , can’t commit to any direction

You want them to take two seconds for taking Westbrook's contract off the Lakers hands? No thanks. If that's all the Lakers value their season then just let that ship sink.

baseline bum
11-07-2022, 08:24 PM
nm

CGD
11-07-2022, 08:48 PM
It’s early and I think there will be more teams interested in a month or so. Few things I’m watching:

— PHX still sitting on that Crowder situation, and need to get under tax (also aren’t playing Saric). Can see them as a Richardson landing spot.

— BOS needs a healthy Timelord to get far. If his health is up and down long than they’d like, do they go after Jakob?

— LAL May just punt of the season if they continue this way making it less urgent to move Brick.

RC_Drunkford
11-08-2022, 12:05 AM
Dubs should be interested too. They the 3rd worst team in the west and need to make a trade

lmbebo
11-08-2022, 08:06 AM
It’s early and I think there will be more teams interested in a month or so. Few things I’m watching:

— PHX still sitting on that Crowder situation, and need to get under tax (also aren’t playing Saric). Can see them as a Richardson landing spot.

— BOS needs a healthy Timelord to get far. If his health is up and down long than they’d like, do they go after Jakob?

— LAL May just punt of the season if they continue this way making it less urgent to move Brick.

Looked at celtics for Jakob -- not sure there is a two trade there with the Spurs in terms of matching salaries.

No reason for LAL to punt the season. I think NO has a 1st round swap with them this year. So if they do poorly, then that pick would go to the Pelicans.

exstatic
11-08-2022, 08:22 AM

Mr. Glass…

exstatic
11-08-2022, 08:27 AM
People freaking out because we’re pulling players off the market. Happens all the time. This isn’t trading time. Doesn’t mean they won’t be traded, no matter what some other rando GM says.

Spoiler alert: we’re not making the play in.

CGD
11-08-2022, 08:33 AM
Looked at celtics for Jakob -- not sure there is a two trade there with the Spurs in terms of matching salaries.

No reason for LAL to punt the season. I think NO has a 1st round swap with them this year. So if they do poorly, then that pick would go to the Pelicans.

I don’t know man, feels like it’s either they 1) try hard with this roster and still suck, or 2) tear it down and also suck. Sure they have the Brick deal, but not sure even Heild/Turner fixes their woes. That seems to be the “best” deal out there now. Might as well do something like trade Davis to NYK for their full complement of picks and rebuild. LeBron seems to have come to terms with reality and I think is prioritizing his sons and living the good life in LA.

In all scenarios, I’m feeling pretty damn happy if I’m the Pels right now.

poopbox
11-08-2022, 08:54 AM
If the front office somehow thinks this is a play in team and we should not be having fire sales on veterans then just fire everybody tbh.

It's absurd that they can't do trades and be involved in a lawsuit at the same time? Is one of the scouts also the team lawyer ?

Luckily we will lose enough games to get a shot at the number one pick so as usual the players will save the front office from themselves.

I've said for years that there are signs that the spurs front office is an absolute dumpster fire and stuff like this just proves it.

Vince Carter's ankle
11-08-2022, 10:25 AM
Spoiler alert: we’re not making the play in.
Because they will go straight to the playoffs.

XDT76
11-08-2022, 10:30 AM
If the front office somehow thinks this is a play in team and we should not be having fire sales on veterans then just fire everybody tbh.

It's absurd that they can't do trades and be involved in a lawsuit at the same time? Is one of the scouts also the team lawyer ?

Luckily we will lose enough games to get a shot at the number one pick so as usual the players will save the front office from themselves.

I've said for years that there are signs that the spurs front office is an absolute dumpster fire and stuff like this just proves it.

Probably they want to ensure the players do not talk to the press about the issue. Once they are off the team it could becomes no holds bar.

exstatic
11-08-2022, 10:43 AM
Because they will go straight to the playoffs.

Nope. We’ve dropped 4 in a row, and our net rating is -7.9. That not playoff material, not even play in material. The mirage is over. We have enough shooters so if they were trying to win, McD wouldn’t see the court. He breaks our defense on every possession.

lmbebo
11-08-2022, 11:37 AM

I think people would want Davis. But he won't command the same haul he once did....

The Truth #6
11-08-2022, 11:44 AM
We definitely have issues as a team that are becoming clear. Great things from some players, also. I think McDougall will play simply because he’s the highest paid player and appears to help with the somewhat beautiful game.

The Truth #6
11-08-2022, 11:45 AM
Anthony Davis feels like Rasheed Wallace: all the talent but didn’t do enough with it.

Larry O
11-08-2022, 01:01 PM
Anthony Davis feels like Rasheed Wallace: all the talent but didn’t do enough with it.

And just think: AD was in the same conversation with TD, as far as him being up there with TD, if not, greater. SMH... AD couldn't hold TD's jockstrap.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-08-2022, 01:26 PM
This FO is doing everything they possibly can to stay on the treadmill. I don't know if it's just incompetence or ineptitude., but I'm not seeing any vision

Just lick your wounds and move on from Primo damn...

Pop's ego will never allow it, unfortunately.

cd98
11-08-2022, 03:54 PM
Well, at least we can say that a bunch of people are not coming forward, because if anyone did, we would have heard about it from Buzbee.

TD 21
11-08-2022, 05:19 PM

Not even close. Davis was a top 3-7 player at his peak and even now is still a top 15-20 player, while Wallace's peak might have been the latter.

Ocotillo
11-08-2022, 08:03 PM
Magic Johnson shouldn't have been so greedy when he had a chance to trade for Nephew. If he would have been willing to part with BI for Nephew instead of going after AD, the Lakers would have more draft picks than they do now.

The Truth #6
11-08-2022, 10:17 PM
Not even close. Davis was a top 3-7 player at his peak and even now is still a top 15-20 player, while Wallace's peak might have been the latter.

But that's not what I'm comparing. It was a simple statement about uber talented power forwards who could have been MVP but weren't leaders and squandered their talent compared to what they truly could have been. Davis never did shit in New Orleans and now is all too happy to be Robin in LA. He was supposed to be taking the reins from Lebron and helping them dominate for another few years, but instead he now he looks like he's ready to retire early out of disinterest.

ambchang
11-08-2022, 10:44 PM
Sheed cared on defense. Unibrow doesn’t.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-09-2022, 02:55 AM

Wallace was pretty good at his peak and played in the era of the giants. AD would be lying in a heap playing against the actual power forwards and centers that used to roam the planet.

tbdog
11-09-2022, 05:18 AM
I still think spurs will come crashing down, despite the Johnson, Jones and vassel growth. I can't imagine the team even getting through a half without Jones. Our backup big is extremely thin with Collins out. We are playing two rookies now. And the team has shown that they will rest you and put on minute restrictions if you have any bumps.

This team will crash and I think it's by design. Then things will go full tank mode when the trades happen. Now considering how bad pistons, Magic and rockets are looking, we won't catch them. But i think we will end up fourth worse.

Ocotillo
11-09-2022, 08:18 AM
AD would be lying in a heap playing against the actual power forwards and centers that used to roam the planet.

Heh, he's lying in a heap against today's bigs.

exstatic
11-09-2022, 08:32 AM
I still think spurs will come crashing down, despite the Johnson, Jones and vassel growth. I can't imagine the team even getting through a half without Jones. Our backup big is extremely thin with Collins out. We are playing two rookies now. And the team has shown that they will rest you and put on minute restrictions if you have any bumps.

This team will crash and I think it's by design. Then things will go full tank mode when the trades happen. Now considering how bad pistons, Magic and rockets are looking, we won't catch them. But i think we will end up fourth worse.

Our backup PG had 6 turnovers last game. We’re going nowhere.

offset formation
11-09-2022, 09:20 AM

The absolute best thing about the Lakers is their incompetent front office because if they do tank they won't be getting a pick commensurate with their final position. It's karma on fentanyl.

offset formation
11-09-2022, 09:20 AM
Our backup PG had 6 turnovers last game. We’re going nowhere.

Primo still on the team?

exstatic
11-09-2022, 09:46 AM
Primo still on the team?

Current. JRich.

cd98
11-09-2022, 10:21 AM
The absolute best thing about the Lakers is their incompetent front office because if they do tank they won't be getting a pick commensurate with their final position. It's karma on fentanyl.

Yeah, but the Lakers saw a chance at a title and they took it. They got one, even though it has an * for basically being the rec center championship since there were no home/away games. But it goes in the record books as a title. Besides, do they need draft picks when they know they can poach other teams' all stars because everyone wants to play in LA?

Ice009
11-09-2022, 10:51 AM
And just think: AD was in the same conversation with TD, as far as him being up there with TD, if not, greater. SMH... AD couldn't hold TD's jockstrap.

After the Lakers won the Championship in the bubble, people online were already saying he's better than TD. Really made me mad reading that shit (even though I knew it's just comments from casuals on Youtube and forums, it still pissed me off).

Kevin
11-09-2022, 11:21 AM
Kicking around a trade idea with the Warriors so I'll post it here.

Spurs get:

Wiseman.
Moody.
DiVincenzo.
Patrick Baldwin Jr
Unprotected 2027 pick swap with either the Spurs or Hawks pick.

Warriors get:
Jak.
Richardson.
KBD.

Spurs take on a bunch of Golden State garbage but that unprotected pick swap as Curry approaches 40 years old just might be worth it long term. This deal cant be completed until December 14th once DiVincenzo becomes tradeable.

TD 21
11-09-2022, 12:07 PM
But that's not what I'm comparing. It was a simple statement about uber talented power forwards who could have been MVP but weren't leaders and squandered their talent compared to what they truly could have been. Davis never did shit in New Orleans and now is all too happy to be Robin in LA. He was supposed to be taking the reins from Lebron and helping them dominate for another few years, but instead he now he looks like he's ready to retire early out of disinterest.

If only James, arguably the GOAT and maybe Durant, were inarguably better for a while, then how much better "should" Davis have been?

Wallace couldn't have been MVP and Davis got about as close as possible considering he's an injury prone, ideally more of a finishing big man (in an era that discriminates against them) who's generally played on chronically injured mediocre - bad teams throughout his career.

Wallace was pretty good at his peak and played in the era of the giants. AD would be lying in a heap playing against the actual power forwards and centers that used to roam the planet.

I said as much by inferring he was All-Star caliber. Davis was MVP caliber though.

mo7888
11-09-2022, 12:18 PM

Spurs get:

Wiseman.
Moody.
DiVincenzo.
Patrick Baldwin Jr

Warriors get:
Jak.
Richardson.
KBD.

Spurs take on a bunch of Golden State garbage but that unprotected pick swap as Curry approaches 40 years old just might be worth it long term. This deal cant be completed until December 14th once DiVincenzo becomes tradeable.

Not awful...it'd have to wait until mid December because DiVencizo can't be traded until then..

ElNono
11-09-2022, 12:38 PM
Clickbait title, tbh

buttsR4rebounding
11-09-2022, 12:43 PM

Except that any trade that is going to make the Lakers somewhat competitive likely includes unloading WB and that will certainly cost them one or both of their remaining draft picks. While they have no reason to outright tank they may determine that they need something to build on in the just around the corner post-Lebron era and can't afford to jettison what draft capital they have left.

buttsR4rebounding
11-09-2022, 12:58 PM

Spurs get:

Wiseman.
Moody.
DiVincenzo.
Patrick Baldwin Jr

Warriors get:
Jak.
Richardson.
KBD.

I have always thought that GS is the team that Poeltl can make the biggest impact on. This is a team that thrives when they get quality screens from their 5 which Wiseman (at least so far) just goes through the motions on. Wiseman is only 21 so there is a chance that the light clicks for him at some point. So the Spurs get 2 recent 1st round picks and a pick swap and put the tank into high gear. GS significantly improves their playoff chances. I like it.

RC_Drunkford
11-09-2022, 01:11 PM
I said as much by inferring he was All-Star caliber. Davis was MVP caliber though.

when's the last time an MVP caliber player couldn't take his team to the playoffs :lmao this is cap

Vince Carter's ankle
11-09-2022, 01:58 PM
when's the last time an MVP caliber player couldn't take his team to the playoffs :lmao this is cap

SpurSpike
11-09-2022, 02:12 PM
I keep seeing this thread thinking there is more juicy Primo news but no. People derailed this thread HARD, now its about MVP'S, Rasheed Wallace and trades lmfao.

cd98
11-09-2022, 02:26 PM
Well, in the case of Primo, no news is good news. If no one else shows up, then the case against him falters.

The Truth #6
11-09-2022, 03:11 PM
If only James, arguably the GOAT and maybe Durant, were inarguably better for a while, then how much better "should" Davis have been?

Wallace couldn't have been MVP and Davis got about as close as possible considering he's an injury prone, ideally more of a finishing big man (in an era that discriminates against them) who's generally played on chronically injured mediocre - bad teams throughout his career.

Weird that an “MVP” level player like Davis is almost always playing on bad teams. Hmm. Maybe he’s not actually an MVP level player. He feels more like KAT as for contemporary comparisons. Not sure why you’re going out of your way to defend Anthony Davis. He’s shown to consistently disappoint.

poopbox
11-09-2022, 05:11 PM
Probably they want to ensure the players do not talk to the press about the issue. Once they are off the team it could becomes no holds bar.

Why would any player talk about it? I am sure no player on this team wants to have a conversation about someone else penis.

TD 21
11-09-2022, 05:31 PM

It's happened plenty of times (Garnett, Iverson, Bryant, McGrady, Wade, Westbrook, Curry, etc.), the most notable recent example probably being '19 James, only to have Davis parachute in the following season and lift their flawed team to a championship.

Weird that an “MVP” level player like Davis is almost always playing on bad teams. Hmm. Maybe he’s not actually an MVP level player. He feels more like KAT as for contemporary comparisons. Not sure why you’re going out of your way to defend Anthony Davis. He’s shown to consistently disappoint.

Archaic, myopic, insecure Spurs fans have this idea that a great player = instant and constant championship contention mainly because of Duncan, as if that's a reasonable standard for a myriad of reasons.

I could care less about Davis, he just receives a lot of unwarranted crap for some reason.

MultiTroll
11-09-2022, 05:55 PM
I keep seeing this thread thinking there is more juicy Primo news but no. People derailed this thread HARD, now its about MVP'S, Rasheed Wallace and trades lmfao.

exstatic
11-09-2022, 06:45 PM
People wanting more information about The Flash should probably seek therapy.

XDT76
11-09-2022, 07:08 PM
Why would any player talk about it? I am sure no player on this team wants to have a conversation about someone else penis.

Why not? You are practically posting in a thread talking about it. Once the player leave the organisation he might feel less complied to keep any info confidential especially when his close friends or teammates asked him about the issue or the press approaches him. Especially if he is not happy about the trade.

Joseph Kony
11-09-2022, 07:17 PM
it's almost comical how little attention this is getting. if this was happening in LA or NY or a team like GSW, it would on the news cycle constantly

scott
11-09-2022, 10:01 PM
For those hoping Brian Wright will get fired, here is the basic thing you can point to of why he won't: this story has basically already passed. Literally no one talking about this except this message board. Buzbee will probably hold another press conference soon to keep the energy going, but unless he has pictures of the Spurs clubbing some monk seals, this is probably over.

dbestpro
11-10-2022, 01:51 AM
People wanting more information about The Flash should probably seek therapy.

Wasn't that what Primo was doing?

offset formation
11-10-2022, 07:50 AM
Yeah, but the Lakers saw a chance at a title and they took it. They got one, even though it has an * for basically being the rec center championship since there were no home/away games. But it goes in the record books as a title. Besides, do they need draft picks when they know they can poach other teams' all stars because everyone wants to play in LA?

No they don't which is something I've ve always trashed them for is that they get to be draft incompetent and still potentially successful.

But they're about to be really bad. And they're not going to have a meaningful draft selection for at least 4 years, pending any trades. Anthony Davis is a walking injury. Bron once again has a groin injury. Those linger especially in 39 year olds. Westbrook is about to return to form. Nobody will take him without both their draft picks. Just don't see any major free agents picking them as a destination in the next couple of years, at minimum. IOW, they're furked.

mo7888
11-10-2022, 08:50 AM
No they don't which is something I've ve always trashed them for is that they get to be draft incompetent and still potentially successful.

But they're about to be really bad. And they're not going to have a meaningful draft selection for at least 4 years, pending any trades. Anthony Davis is a walking injury. Bron once again has a groin injury. Those linger especially in 39 year olds. Westbrook is about to return to form. Nobody will take him without both their draft picks. Just don't see any major free agents picking them as a destination in the next couple of years, at minimum. IOW, they're furked.

I see it similarly. They don't have many options. They could trade AD for a few lesser players and surround an old bron to try an improve their standings for the fans but they aren't going anywhere with that. They might be able to get a player in the WB trade that could help but it'd cost them their picks and by 'player' I mean someone on the Richardson-McDermott level. Maybe they could move AD for a player like KD if KD pushes hard to get out but that's a negative trade for Brooklyn. They just don't have many options. I think I'd try to push for a 3 team deal (although I'll admit it's a longshot to get either team to agree)

LA- KD, Kyrie, and Joe Harris

Spurs- WB, 2 LA 1sts, and LA pick swap and a 1st from Brooklyn

Brooklyn- AD, Jak, Richardson, McDermott, and Beverly

It gets Brooklyn off of a lot of money and they can at least restart things there. LA gets something to sell to their market and we get draft capital. As I said it's a longshot but, I'd be pushing for that if I'm LA.

buttsR4rebounding
11-10-2022, 11:30 AM
I see it similarly. They don't have many options. They could trade AD for a few lesser players and surround an old bron to try an improve their standings for the fans but they aren't going anywhere with that. They might be able to get a player in the WB trade that could help but it'd cost them their picks and by 'player' I mean someone on the Richardson-McDermott level. Maybe they could move AD for a player like KD if KD pushes hard to get out but that's a negative trade for Brooklyn. They just don't have many options. I think I'd try to push for a 3 team deal (although I'll admit it's a longshot to get either team to agree)

LA- KD, Kyrie, and Joe Harris

Spurs- WB, 2 LA 1sts, and LA pick swap and a 1st from Brooklyn

Brooklyn- AD, Jak, Richardson, McDermott, and Beverly

It gets Brooklyn off of a lot of money and they can at least restart things there. LA gets something to sell to their market and we get draft capital. As I said it's a longshot but, I'd be pushing for that if I'm LA.

If Wright could pull that off he could get caught flashing RC's granddaughter and he'd still be golden showers...

DPG21920
11-30-2022, 11:20 PM
timvp - you hearing anything on the mentality of the Spurs FO now that Primo stuff has sort of passed by?

Are they still emotionally and mentally not ready to do deals or back open for business? We are getting close to time to start making some moves with guys who arent a part of the future IMO.

Spurs need to keep maximizing their assets and they need to atone for this pretty bad Primo pick/situation. It’s time to get over it and make some moves and not throw baby out with bath water.

Excessive Egotist
12-01-2022, 11:42 AM
timvp (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8) - you hearing anything on the mentality of the Spurs FO now that Primo stuff has sort of passed by?

Are they still emotionally and mentally not ready to do deals or back open for business? We are getting close to time to start making some moves with guys who arent a part of the future IMO.

Spurs need to keep maximizing their assets and they need to atone for this pretty bad Primo pick/situation. It’s time to get over it and make some moves and not throw baby out with bath water.

It's counter intuitive, perhaps, but the best path of redemption regarding the wasted Primo pick might be to resign him, with, say, a 45 game suspension, including games missed after being waived. If the Spurs org was culpable in any wrongdoing, it failed both Dr. Cauthen and Primo. The team could credibly say we 1) have put new processes in place to better support and protect or staff and 2) to set better standards and expectations for our players, particularly our younger players whose time with us is their first professional job. The organization gets a second chance to do better; Primo gets a second chance.

rjv
12-01-2022, 12:05 PM
all of the greater and more important impacts of the primo situation aside, i can't help but wonder about how he would have been contributing or playing right about now.

Proxy
12-01-2022, 12:46 PM
its insane to me that anyone wants a scenario where primo is resigned

JeffDuncan
12-01-2022, 12:52 PM
all of the greater and more important impacts of the primo situation aside, i can't help but wonder about how he would have been contributing or playing right about now.

He would have been contributing to the tank. At the time of his departure he had 9 made field goals and 11 turnovers.

JeffDuncan
12-01-2022, 12:54 PM

Yeah, some people seem to take such discussions as a good opportunity to display their own mental illness.

spurraider21
12-01-2022, 12:59 PM
timvp (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8) - you hearing anything on the mentality of the Spurs FO now that Primo stuff has sort of passed by?

Does it still hurt?

BacktoBasics
12-01-2022, 01:00 PM

I’d like him back. I think we’re not getting the whole story. These things don’t usually resolve in a matter of days with two parties so openly admitting culpability. The Spurs statement reeked of them reading line for line what they were told to say.

No other victims came up as claimed.

Outside of the criminal investigation this whole thing wrapped up rather neatly and conveniently for the victim in light speed time.

Once the criminal investigation is closed and I’m sure it will be he’ll be free to sign anywhere. Not that he isn’t free now but I’m certain teams are waiting for total closure.

I’m starting to wonder if one of her demands was cutting him or perhaps it was offered as a concession or sign of good faith. With this thing wrapping up this fast they could have suspended him and be nearing the end game and we’re barely into December.

This dude will thrive on another team not trying to make him a pg.

The Truth #6
12-01-2022, 01:08 PM
He was never really that good as a basketball player yet, so I’m still kind of at that point. I like Branham better.

buttsR4rebounding
12-01-2022, 01:13 PM
I’d like him back. I think we’re not getting the whole story. These things don’t usually resolve in a matter of days with two parties so openly admitting culpability. The Spurs statement reeked of them reading line for line what they were told to say.

Outside of the criminal investigation this whole thing wrapped up rather neatly and conveniently for the victim in light speed time.

Once the criminal investigation is closed and I’m sure it will be he’ll be free to sign anywhere. Not that he isn’t free now but I’m certain teams are waiting for total closure.

I’m starting to wonder if one of her demands was cutting him or perhaps it was offered as a concession or sign of good faith. With this thing wrapping up this fast they could have suspended him and be nearing the end game and we’re barely into December.

Yeah, I thought a suspension would have been the way to go. Even if it was for an extended period, why lose control of what they felt was a valuable asset. When Primo is balling out somewhere in 2 or 3 years no one will care about where his johnson showed up.

MultiTroll
12-01-2022, 01:41 PM

I believe it was to keep bitch ass Buzbee from trying to gold dig into Team $$.

Agree he may well thrive with a coach using his skills outside of a forced pg.
Pretty sure he will do well in an open flow open court offense.

DPG21920
12-01-2022, 02:02 PM
Does it still hurt?

Lmao

DPG21920
12-01-2022, 02:03 PM
The best way to atone for a horrific waste of a lottery pick is to execute in other areas and obtain additional draft capital to make up for it. It’s not to cry and be so wounded you dont do your job. This is the nba - do your job IMO

DPG21920
12-01-2022, 02:03 PM
My guess is that come DEC 15th, SA will indeed be more active timvp

slick'81
12-01-2022, 03:34 PM
Good riddance

MultiTroll
12-02-2022, 12:08 PM
https://youtu.be/MD3SiZww22k

Proxy
12-02-2022, 01:28 PM

every step the org took tells me the story becoming public would've been pretty bad. Spurs have always been efficient at keeping this shit on the downlow,

Dex
12-02-2022, 02:08 PM

Yeah....even if it comes out that the reports were exaggerated and there is no criminal or civil charge (which we don't know yet)...I'm still a believer of "where there is smoke, there is fire". Also don't see any player returning to the team who cut him for said reasons.

Also...he wasn't quite looking like the superstar some people wanted to make him out to be. If he returns to the NBA, I still think his ceiling is like another Lonnie Walker type. He could prove me wrong, but that's a lot of IFs.

benefactor
12-02-2022, 02:31 PM
Want him back?

lol no

MannyIsGod
12-02-2022, 02:53 PM

For real. What the fuck are people smoking.

scott
12-02-2022, 03:17 PM

There is a strong chance the criminal investigation is already closed. It’s not like they are going to come out and announce that - it takes someone following up with the BCSO, but everyone has already moved on and probably doesn’t care enough to do that anymore.

timvp
12-02-2022, 03:30 PM
timvp - you hearing anything on the mentality of the Spurs FO now that Primo stuff has sort of passed by?

Update article in the works, tbh :tu

TD 21
12-02-2022, 06:53 PM
The best way to atone for a horrific waste of a lottery pick is to execute in other areas and obtain additional draft capital to make up for it. It’s not to cry and be so wounded you dont do your job. This is the nba - do your job IMO

That and it's past time to lose the archaic, myopic view of "character" and start doing what virtually every other team does and pick the best (perceived) talent.

They've been burned by an introverted Scumbag, a boy scout serial flasher and in a different way by an aw-shucks (Walker IV - hopefully Branham isn't the sequel in the making) guy.

Big Empty
12-03-2022, 08:51 AM
Lets re-sign him. I think she grew feelings. Its not like he raped her like Kobe did.

Ignazzz
12-22-2022, 03:56 PM
Any news?

lefty20
12-22-2022, 04:02 PM
I think, per rules, we would have to wait until the off-season before we are eligible to re-sign him.

Fwiw, I think the Spurs have already closed the book on him and moved on.

exstatic
12-22-2022, 04:16 PM
Any news?

I wouldn’t expect any further association between the Spurs and Josh WeenieShow.

MultiTroll
12-22-2022, 05:04 PM
Would the Spurs get any comp if he signs elsewhere?

KingKev
12-22-2022, 05:06 PM
Would the Spurs get any comp if he signs elsewhere?

autographed dick pics

TrainOfThought5
12-23-2022, 07:04 AM
If he settled, and everything’s done, and there are no criminal charges, then why WOULDNT we bring him back… athletes have gotten in trouble for worse. Bring him back and let’s get this tank show on the road.

CGD
12-23-2022, 07:07 AM
Feels like he’ll have to play in Europe for a year or two to clean up his image before coming back. But I do expect we’ll see him on the nba again

JPB
12-23-2022, 07:57 AM
Feels like he’ll have to play in Europe for a year or two to clean up his image before coming back. But I do expect we’ll see him on the nba again

Yeah, cos everyone knows they're perfectly fine with players showing off their shlongs around in Europe...

exstatic
12-23-2022, 09:18 AM
If he settled, and everything’s done, and there are no criminal charges, then why WOULDNT we bring him back… athletes have gotten in trouble for worse. Bring him back and let’s get this tank show on the road.

You people need to move on. He’s history as a a Spur. If they thought there was a redemption path, they would have suspended him, not waived him.

XDT76
12-23-2022, 09:55 AM
It's really difficult to see him back in NBA. He does not even demonstrate to be a competent role player consistently, before he was cut

BacktoBasics
12-23-2022, 10:10 AM
It's really difficult to see him back in NBA. He does not even demonstrate to be a competent role player consistently, before he was cut
He showed a solid skill set and this team mismanaged it by trying to pigeon hole into a position he had no business playing.

couchman
12-23-2022, 10:14 AM
Let’s be real here: if Primo was good right now he would already be back in the Association.
He is not good. What we saw was promise and some skills and potential.
He still needs a lot of development to unlock that potential and now I’m not sure he’ll ever get it.

John B
12-23-2022, 11:31 AM
Let’s be real here: if Primo was good right now he would already be back in the Association.
He is not good. What we saw was promise and some skills and potential.
He still needs a lot of development to unlock that potential and now I’m not sure he’ll ever get it.

Then again he's only 19 with advanced skills. You guys sound like we're talking about a 26 yr old guy.

We were excited with Sochan playing great. Well Prino has occasionally played well, also at 19.

MultiTroll
12-23-2022, 12:01 PM
He showed a solid skill set and this team mismanaged it by trying to pigeon hole into a position he had no business playing.

Then again he's only 19 with advanced skills. You guys sound like we're talking about a 26 yr old guy.

We were excited with Sochan playing great. Well Prino has occasionally played well, also at 19.
Joshua Primo blames alleged indecent exposure to doc on wardrobe mishap (nypost.com) (https://nypost.com/2022/11/02/joshua-primo-blames-alleged-indecent-exposure-to-doc-on-wardrobe-mishap/)

R. DeMurre
12-23-2022, 01:23 PM
Classic lawyer influenced doublespeak:

“I’ve been seeking help to deal with previous trauma I suffered and will now take this time to focus on my mental health treatment more fully."

But also, nothing weird happened. Nope, nothing out of the ordinary at all.