PDA

View Full Version : Where do you guys think JJ Reddick ranks among College Guards?

Cant_Be_Faded
12-01-2005, 04:24 PM
What do yall think? Is he the best? Top 5?

I think he's the best guard in the college game.

tlongII
12-01-2005, 07:27 PM
He's pretty good, but I could take him.

mookie2001
12-01-2005, 08:13 PM
I would rather have Jameson Curry for the potential

JJs really good
he might be a ed obannon type though player who never makes an impact in the nba, but if he can shoot like that someone will give him minutes

Cant_Be_Faded
12-01-2005, 11:32 PM
He is the best player in the game at the most important skill in the game.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-02-2005, 04:46 AM
Hes like the thispego of collegebasketball, just like lamarcus is not the lamarcus bryant of collegebasketball.

2centsworth
12-02-2005, 12:42 PM
He's right up there with Trajan Langdon.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-10-2005, 03:00 PM
8-14 3's, and still plenty of time to go. What did i say?

hussker
12-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Well, I guess he would be the #1 if he could play the Horns weekly...(Just jabbin' at ya cbf...)

Cant_Be_Faded
12-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah horns are defending him like they don't know who he is

but he's capable of doign this pretty much against any team that doesn't have a pure defensive stopper

I would have liked to see JJ go against Royal Ivey

Horry For 3!
12-10-2005, 04:03 PM
ReDICK didn't really do shit all season until today, he got lucky.

Dre_7
12-10-2005, 04:24 PM
How tall is he?

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2005, 04:28 PM
ReDICK didn't really do shit all season until today, he got lucky.

t-sip denial, I love it :lol

Redick's point totals for the season: 19,18,29,31,15,29,18,24.

Look, if his defender is going to go under the screen all day he'll rip you to shreds with the three ball like he did today.

I don't know who was dumber for never figuring that out - whoever was guarding him or Barnes.

Horry For 3!
12-10-2005, 04:52 PM
t-sip denial, I love it :lol

Redick's point totals for the season: 19,18,29,31,15,29,18,24.

Look, if his defender is going to go under the screen all day he'll rip you to shreds with the three ball like he did today.

I don't know who was dumber for never figuring that out - whoever was guarding him or Barnes.
Like I said in another thread, I HAVE to say shit because I hate Duke. I'm a big North Carolina fan (we hate Duke) and i'm also a Texas fan as well.

mookie2001
12-10-2005, 04:53 PM
so Redick made a lot of threes AHF?

great insight
he's almost like the Reggie Bush of bball
arent there so many great players on #1 teams?

Horry For 3!
12-10-2005, 04:53 PM
so Redick made a lot of threes AHF?

great insight
he's almost like the Reggie Bush of bball
arent there so many great players on #1 teams?
He was 9 for something like 13, best he has shot all season.

Horry For 3!
12-10-2005, 04:54 PM
J.J. Redick had career highs of 41 points and nine 3-pointers
see that AHF, he got lucky, he has never scored that many points or made that many 3s in his whole career.

mookie2001
12-10-2005, 05:09 PM
I was expressing sarcasm because naturally Redick was reigning from upon
and anyone could see that
and because Duke is ranked number #1, much like USC, who has also been getting a lot of recent love from fans of Texas schools on this exact same forum

chode_regulator
12-10-2005, 06:05 PM
I was expressing sarcasm because naturally Redick was reigning from upon
and anyone could see that
and because Duke is ranked number #1, much like USC, who has also been getting a lot of recent love from fans of Texas schools on this exact same forum
true true.

chode_regulator
12-10-2005, 06:41 PM
oh yeah also jj isnt even in my top 5. i dont think he'll be any good in the nba, he is a decent guard in college hoops though.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-10-2005, 08:44 PM
see that AHF, he got lucky, he has never scored that many points or made that many 3s in his whole career.

He didn't have to be "lucky" when the Texas defenders kept giving him about 5 feet of space to look at the bucket :lol

Dre_7
12-10-2005, 11:39 PM
How far do yall sposed JJ will fall in the draft??

Horry For 3!
12-11-2005, 01:21 AM
How far do yall sposed JJ will fall in the draft??
He'll be around 15.

cecil collins
12-11-2005, 02:25 AM
IF he goes early, the team will be dissapointed, but if he goes later in the first round, he'll be a good contributor. I absolutely hate him.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-12-2005, 09:49 AM
JJ did NOT get lucky

he has the skill and the confidence to do that every fucking night....AHF was right when he said if Texas was stupid enough to go under the screen the whole game, he'll shoot it every time.

Barnes is such an idiot. He's like the Greg Davis of UT Basketball. UT is within 6 points, then he allows Duke to go on their best run of the entire game, THEN calls a timeout? Stupidity.
PJ Tucker is also a douche for trying to take Redick off the dribble, he posted on JJ like once or twice the whole f'n game!

I saw Daniel Gibson at a convenience store yesterday. He looked happy.

Horry For 3!
12-12-2005, 01:23 PM
JJ did NOT get lucky

he has the skill and the confidence to do that every fucking night....AHF was right when he said if Texas was stupid enough to go under the screen the whole game, he'll shoot it every time.

Barnes is such an idiot. He's like the Greg Davis of UT Basketball. UT is within 6 points, then he allows Duke to go on their best run of the entire game, THEN calls a timeout? Stupidity.
PJ Tucker is also a douche for trying to take Redick off the dribble, he posted on JJ like once or twice the whole f'n game!

I saw Daniel Gibson at a convenience store yesterday. He looked happy.
That is because he just got laid by some hot chick. :lol

Ballcox
12-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Besides the fact that PJ wanted to pretend he was a 2 guard going up against Redick, there were alot of problems in that game against Duke. The biggest problem imo is that we still don't have a true point guard on this team. Gibson is not a true PG, he had 2 freakin' assists for the entire game. S. Williams for Duke had 5 assists and he's their fucking CENTER! Barnes has got to make a decision on this, either give Abrams more pt at the PG position, or get on Gibson and Paulino's ass about looking for open teammates. I was also completely confused about what the hell we were doing on offense. Feed the damn ball to Aldridge in the post. PJ, post up Redick's small ass and take him down low. Somebody, anybody, draw a defender and PASS the ball to the open man. Texas just isn't playing any kind of team basketball at this point in the season. I think they'll get better, but there are some serious issues that have to be addressed for this team to having any chance of advancing in the big dance.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Abrams made just as many mistakes. He's a bust.

Gibson just needs to get his damn head on straight. He did not suck this bad last year. He must be trying to do too much out there. He has the speed and handles to penetrate--he did it last year--and that's all we need him to do.

If Gibson really needs to improve something it's fucking entry passing it down low. Unless Barnes is the dumbest coach ever, it's his fault for not getting LaMarcus and Buckman the ball down low. It was there all game. We just didn't get them the ball.

Ballcox
12-12-2005, 06:23 PM
^ Agree, some of what I've seen from Gibson is a tendency to want to shoot jumpers all day instead of looking for penetration in the lane. I mean, you know what happens when guards, especially PG's get penetration in the lane. They either get an open shot, fouled, or an opportunity to dish to a wide open big man. Right now Gibson isn't doing that as much as he should. He kind of did the same thing last year at the beginning of the season, then in conference play started to get in the lane. That type of play will pay big time dividends for this team. Also, don't get too down on Abrams, he's most likely our starting PG next year!