PDA

View Full Version : Official "Avoid a Series" thread

SpursforSix
11-09-2022, 04:03 PM
I've watched a bunch of crap lately. And I've been too dumb to bail. I'll start it off:

Inside Man - Stars : Stanley Tucci and David Tennant
Rotten Tomatoes score : 64/45

Lol...fuck me...I just realized I watched it based on the movie (with Denzel Washington) 86/85.

Anyway, it's a top view on Netflix. And it's trash. Stanley Tucci is great but he's maybe only in 15% of the show. The rest of the show is so unbelievable.
Only reason I stuck with it was that it was only 4 episodes.

2/10

Blake
11-09-2022, 06:04 PM
I've watched a bunch of crap lately. And I've been too dumb to bail. I'll start it off:

Inside Man - Stars : Stanley Tucci and David Tennant
Rotten Tomatoes score : 64/45

Lol...fuck me...I just realized I watched it based on the movie (with Denzel Washington) 86/85.

Anyway, it's a top view on Netflix. And it's trash. Stanley Tucci is great but he's maybe only in 15% of the show. The rest of the show is so unbelievable.
Only reason I stuck with it was that it was only 4 episodes.

2/10

Dude I got stuck watching that garbage too. If he'd have just thrown the pedo under the bus to begin with like any decent human would do, the show is over.

Yeah I give it 2/10 only because Tucci keeps it from being 0

lefty
11-09-2022, 06:34 PM
LOST
Walking Dead
Breaking Bad

spurraider21
11-09-2022, 08:54 PM
Rings of Power

only reason to watch is you ran out of Nyquil and there are no soccer games to stream

Blake
11-09-2022, 09:43 PM
Rings of Power

only reason to watch is you ran out of Nyquil and there are no soccer games to stream

Maybe I'm sentimental and nostalgic, don't care, I liked it.

leemajors
11-10-2022, 11:21 AM
Maybe I'm sentimental and nostalgic, don't care, I liked it.

I lost interest in it and House of the Dragon about 7 eps into both. I may go back and finish them, but I just don't feel like it

SpursforSix
11-10-2022, 01:20 PM
Dude I got stuck watching that garbage too. If he'd have just thrown the pedo under the bus to begin with like any decent human would do, the show is over.

Yeah I give it 2/10 only because Tucci keeps it from being 0

I can't believe that Tennant would even take that role. And the way they left it, it reeks of hoping for a second season.

Trill Clinton
11-13-2022, 02:43 PM
Inside Man was terrible.

Blake
11-13-2022, 02:53 PM
I lost interest in it and House of the Dragon about 7 eps into both. I may go back and finish them, but I just don't feel like it

House of Dragon I've tried too and can't get past episode 2. But I also thought GOT after season 1 was meh.

Trainwreck2100
11-13-2022, 03:07 PM
LOST
Walking Dead
Breaking Bad

You out here tryna be edgy and shit

Monostradamus
11-13-2022, 03:19 PM
The Shrink Next Door on Apple TV. You’d think Paul Rudd/Will Ferrell/Kathryn Hahn in a show together would be hilarious, but it’s painfully unfunny as they all do terrible New York Jew accents.

Millennial_Messiah
11-13-2022, 10:07 PM
I thought Orange is the New Black was godawful and disgustingly pro-lesbian and extreme woke garbage.

Tyronn Lue
11-14-2022, 07:02 PM
There so many to not like, it's easier to talk about the ones to watch.

SpursforSix
11-15-2022, 05:15 PM

I mean...this isn't to tell you not to watch the new Roseanne. You should know that.
It's to just give a warning about shit like Inside Man. Something fairly heavily promoted with decent ratings that looks good on the trailers.
Stanley Tucci, David Tennant...how can it go wrong. But if you listened to me, I'd have saved you about four hours of your life.

Spurminator
11-15-2022, 05:26 PM
Honestly can't think of a show that I've given enough time to say definitively that you shouldn't waste your time. If a show doesn't grab me by the 2nd episode, I typically don't keep going, but then I can't really say whether or not it was a good season or whatever.

Tyronn Lue
11-15-2022, 06:46 PM
Honestly can't think of a show that I've given enough time to say definitively that you shouldn't waste your time. If a show doesn't grab me by the 2nd episode, I typically don't keep going, but then I can't really say whether or not it was a good season or whatever.
Trying to watch Barry and it has moments but I get bored.

Joseph Kony
11-15-2022, 07:14 PM
tried watching Invasion on apple tv....snoozefest

pgardn
11-15-2022, 07:59 PM

This for me as well.

Millennial_Messiah
11-16-2022, 12:39 PM

Truth bomb.

Millennial_Messiah
11-16-2022, 12:39 PM
How to Get Away With Murder was pretty stupid too.

Tyronn Lue
11-16-2022, 07:52 PM
liked her better on suicide squad, like how she went out lol

Millennial_Messiah
11-16-2022, 11:55 PM
not a series, but don't waste your 3+ hours on "American Honey" on Netflix. Most boring, non-plot, no-direction movie ever. Better off watching the jail show on MSNBC whatever that was called

Spurminator
11-21-2022, 10:35 PM

I thought of one.

Winning Time. I watched the whole season. Wanted to like it, but in the end the style suffocated any bit of substance it might have had.

DAF86
11-22-2022, 12:34 AM
I don't know if this qualifies but my girl put "Who's the mole?" the other day. One of the biggest scripted piece of shit I have ever seen.

SpursforSix
11-22-2022, 12:21 PM
I thought of one.

Winning Time. I watched the whole season. Wanted to like it, but in the end the style suffocated any bit of substance it might have had.

That's a good one. I gave up after a few episodes.

Blake
12-07-2022, 11:24 PM
Yellow jackets on showtime.

Just a hot mess of shit

SpursforSix
12-08-2022, 10:26 AM
Yellow jackets on showtime.

Just a hot mess of shit

Man...I disagree with that. It's certainly not believable but I enjoyed it.
What put you off on this?
If you say, "Juliette Lewis", I'll accept that. She's a hot mess of shit by herself.

Blake
12-08-2022, 05:42 PM
Man...I disagree with that. It's certainly not believable but I enjoyed it.
What put you off on this?
If you say, "Juliette Lewis", I'll accept that. She's a hot mess of shit by herself.

Poor Juliette hasn't aged well but I like her in the role. I can even take Ricci playing the psycho chick.

But lol they take shrooms and they all start to see the one dude as a deer that they need to kill. Lol at the chick dying in the snow outside the cabin because she was too butthurt to knock on the door and go back inside. The stuffed animal lights on fire then the plane blows up?

There's plenty more to lol about imo

SpursforSix
12-08-2022, 05:52 PM
Poor Juliette hasn't aged well but I like her in the role. I can even take Ricci playing the psycho chick.

But lol they take shrooms and they all start to see the one dude as a deer that they need to kill. Lol at the chick dying in the snow outside the cabin because she was too butthurt to knock on the door and go back inside. The stuffed animal lights on fire then the plane blows up?

There's plenty more to lol about imo

Ok. Yeah...the whole mushroom thing was off the rails. Like a lot of other things. But I liked the show.
Maybe I've gotten to the point where I acknowledge I'll just suspend reality if the show is done well enough.
Lewis drives me nuts though. She was in some show where she was a cop a few years ago and I just can't take her anymore.

But as to Yellow Jackets, that was close to 6.79/10 for me.

Darth_Pelican
12-09-2022, 09:33 AM
Has anyone checked out 1899 on Netflix? Is it any good?

SpursforSix
12-09-2022, 10:27 AM
Has anyone checked out 1899 on Netflix? Is it any good?

It's good enough. It's definitely not an avoid.

Tyronn Lue
12-11-2022, 07:32 PM
Peripheral > Avoid