PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Sochan: Future Elite Role Player or Future Star?

Dejounte
11-16-2022, 08:16 AM
I’d argue that he’s one step away from being an elite role player right now. Once he starts hitting 3’s consistently, he’s there.

But with the emergence of him being a point forward because he’s been thrusted into that role, does that change anyone’s perception of him? I think it was always wishful thinking that he’d have that kind of responsibility in a Boris Diaw kind of way, but he’s handling the ball more than a Boris Diaw in these last two games. It seems like it’s trending more towards a true secondary playmaker instead of a third option type, handle-the-ball-when-you-have-to player.

I think this opens up his upside by a ton. A 6-8” playmaker is going to be fun to watch as a Spurs fan.

XDT76
11-16-2022, 08:21 AM
If his shooting/finishing and handling can improve like DjM he will be a star.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-16-2022, 08:25 AM
From a “potential” standpoint he has star written all over him. It will take (early career) Kawhi-like commitment to get there, as his game has some big holes to fill in order for him to reach ‘star’ level. But he’s got the tools to get there.

rankingtear
11-16-2022, 08:45 AM
He has star equity for sure. All-NBA ceiling. Him and Devin has that.

spursparker9
11-16-2022, 08:56 AM
Any player comparison? Max ceiling

Ariel
11-16-2022, 09:16 AM
He's already on the path to becoming an elite role player. If he hits jumpers at a league average % or better, he's going to be a star. Not the kind that puts up earth shattering numbers, but the kind that influences the outcome of games, like Manu did.

mo7888
11-16-2022, 09:29 AM
Elite role player is my expectation and I think there's a chance at becoming a future star. It will come down to his outside shooting. I'm not overly confident that he will ever solve that and that's why I didn't have him higher on my BB at the draft. He's fun to watch though and I'm really hoping he can fix his mechanics and become a plus outside shooter.

Dejounte
11-16-2022, 09:31 AM

The real question is if there has ever been a player who reached elite role player status in their first or second year and remained that way for the rest of their career.

Ariel
11-16-2022, 09:36 AM
He's not just a first year player, he's a 19 y.o first year player. He's going to grow in every aspect of the game, the question is how much can his shooting improve, because it's bad... worse than I thought. The good news is, he doesn't seem to have mental struggles a la Ben Simmons, and he's willing to put in the work, so I'm optimistic he'll get it done (to a degree).

Atl Spur
11-16-2022, 09:42 AM
This boy has even more skills than we are currently witnessing; shoot for the star designation! I like his mental makeup.

rankingtear
11-16-2022, 09:44 AM

Pop is playing him like his Ben Simmons right now. Transition PG, POA defender.

Ariel
11-16-2022, 09:54 AM
Pop is playing him like his Ben Simmons right now. Transition PG, POA defender.
He's not explosive like Ben Simmons is, he doesn't have that first step, and coupled with his poor outside shooting, that's what limits his PG duties to specific moments or in transition. I like the Draymond Green comparison better, but more agile and with better offense.

The Truth #6
11-16-2022, 10:17 AM
That’s a good starting point, can he be better than Draymond Green? Seems like yes, but feels early to say that.

ginobilized
11-16-2022, 10:19 AM
He really reminds me of a Rookie Rodman. His footwork, pest-like qualities, great positioning as a rebounder, even his frame.
15 games into the season and how many times has he beaten everybody downcourt? Elite role player will come with some seasoning. Future star is up to him.
If he has the off-season fire to go for it, look out.

Seventyniner
11-16-2022, 10:26 AM
He really reminds me of a Rookie Rodman. His footwork, pest-like qualities, great positioning as a rebounder, even his frame.
15 games into the season and how many times has he beaten everybody downcourt? Elite role player will come with some seasoning. Future star is up to him.
If he has the off-season fire to go for it, look out.

One nice thing about this soft tanking/lineup experimentation is that the Spurs get 82 full games of player development at full speed against the best talent in the world. I expect the current young players to improve even more quickly than those in the past.

offset formation
11-16-2022, 10:38 AM
Just so it's crystal clear, I've been touting his ability to be what everyone thinks or at least thought Ben Simmons could be for a year now. Watching his tape at Baylor pointed that out.

The shocking thing is from Pop, and it's incredibly surprising. The same pop that barely played rookies is now not only playing, but starting Sochan. Furthermore, not even 15 games into the season, he's experimenting with letting a 4 run the point. Why? Partly because our shortage there mandated someone else giving it a go, but also because the kid must be really showing this staff he has the ability to do it. That is a mind-blowing transformation coming from the stick in the mud 73 year old Pop.

offset formation
11-16-2022, 10:42 AM
Following up on my post above. Can you imagine if we were somehow fortunate enough to snag Wembanyama???!!??

We could have the league's first 4 & 5 points on the same team in NBA history. Would totally re-write how the game is played, especially if Sochan could develop a consistent 3 like Wembanyama already has. Sky would absolutely be the limit for this team. Gotta tank though.

You could play a big lineup defensive lineup with Poeltl guarding the 5, Wembanyama the 4, Sochan the 3, Devin the 2, and whomever at the 1. Talk about length for miles.

And because if Wembanyama and Sochans athleticism and hopeful shooting ability, you could even get away with that offensively for stretches.

Ariel
11-16-2022, 10:45 AM
Question: many people here were skeptic of taking Sochan at no. 9, for many reasons: perceived lack of athleticism, poor shooting, and no. 9 being too high a pick to take a role player with supposedly limited potential. How do you feel about it now, with what we've seen? is he the best option available at no. 9? of those taken before him, how many would you take over him?
Me: he was always one of my favorite options at no. 9, and I'd still take him there. Other than Banchero and Ivey, there's no one I'd take clearly over him, with Mathurin (who was my other option then) and Sharpe (who I was very wary of and proved his upside is real) being the ones I'd also consider in a do over (but neither were available, so).

rankingtear
11-16-2022, 10:52 AM
He's not explosive like Ben Simmons is, he doesn't have that first step, and coupled with his poor outside shooting, that's what limits his PG duties to specific moments or in transition. I like the Draymond Green comparison better, but more agile and with better offense.

He is not being played like Dray though. He is legit running pick and rolls as the ball handler.

Ariel
11-16-2022, 10:53 AM
Following up on my post above. Can you imagine if we were somehow fortunate enough to snag Wembanyama???!!??

We could have the league's first 4 & 5 points on the same team in NBA history. Would totally re-write how the game is played, especially if Sochan could develop a consistent 3 like Wembanyama already has. Sky would absolutely be the limit for this team. Gotta tank though.

You could play a big lineup defensive lineup with Poeltl guarding the 5, Wembanyama the 4, Sochan the 3, Devin the 2, and whomever at the 1. Talk about length for miles.

And because if Wembanyama and Sochans athleticism and hopeful shooting ability, you could even get away with that offensively for stretches.
This is what I'm hoping for. We've assembled a group that can grow into a very good supporting cast for a contender, but needs a true centerpiece. Wembanyama & Henderson could be that, maybe someone else too. If we get lucky come next lottery, watch out, give this young group a couple of years and we're back were we left off.

The Truth #6
11-16-2022, 10:55 AM
In the end he’s a great fit for Pop and a position of need. Good thing we avoided Jonny Davis, he hasn’t done well. I still like Tari Eason but not sure he would be as good a fit with Pop. So in the end, seems like a perfect fit.

exstatic
11-16-2022, 12:03 PM
If he can legit be a 6’9” PG? Potential all the way up to Superstar.

John B
11-16-2022, 12:23 PM
In Pop I trust. And when I see Pop do not hesitate to throw Sochan in there to play starting PG against the defending Champs, on top of guarding the best shooter this game has known, there must be a reason why. Sochan embraces the challenges. He doesn’t do too much, he doesn’t gamble. He just stays in front of you. That much discipline on a 19 years old says A LOT! A lot of times the best defense is to deny the entry or just be there. Too many wants to reach and get silly foul, overplay and you get burn. And that’s the problem I had with DJM. He gambles and baits his guy to get the steal, but often times he gets burn, but he gets his 2-3 steals, stats padding imo. Kawhi just stays in front of his guy, and that’s enough.

Offensively, Sochan’s shooting is still suspect. But he’s not shy to send them when open. I have no doubt he will work to get better. But putting the ball in his hands opens more opportunities for him, he can rimrun, bully a smaller defender while zooming fast slower big men. The best part is, he relishes the opportunity to get better. Again in Pop I trust. Keldon, Devin and soon Jeremy. I think there’s our big 3.

I’ve been curious why not sign another backup PG? Damn. If you don’t have one, then Sochan will be forced to be one :lol

LeBowen
11-16-2022, 12:23 PM
What do you define as star? An all-star? Sure.
First or 1A/1B option on a legit contender? We'll see. Not the Spurs way, anyway.

His defense is just ridiculous for a rookie. If nothing goes wrong, he'll easily be the best defender in the league in 3 to 5 years.

I don't really watch college or bother with all the potential picks we don't get, so his playmaking really surprised me. If he's this good so early on, he can become a legit secondary ballhandler.
I don't think he'll ever run the point, but I'd like to be surprised.

Call me biased, but after watching all these kids so far, if I had to do a redraft I'd even take him as the first pick.
It's way easier to turn an elite defender into a star on offense than the other way around. Nephew and Jimmy being the best examples.
How many elite scorers developed into elite defenders later on?

John B
11-16-2022, 12:37 PM
What do you define as star? An all-star? Sure.
First or 1A/1B option on a legit contender? We'll see. Not the Spurs way, anyway.

His defense is just ridiculous for a rookie. If nothing goes wrong, he'll easily be the best defender in the league in 3 to 5 years.

I don't really watch college or bother with all the potential picks we don't get, so his playmaking really surprised me. If he's this good so early on, he can become a legit secondary ballhandler.
I don't think he'll ever run the point, but I'd like to be surprised.

Call me biased, but after watching all these kids so far, if I had to do a redraft I'd even take him as the first pick.
It's way easier to turn an elite defender into a star on offense than the other way around. Nephew and Jimmy being the best examples.
How many elite scorers developed into elite defenders later on?

Kobe, MJ, Garnet to name a few

I respect your opinion, but the game of basketball is putting the ball in the hoops first. More often your best scorer beats your best defender, and it would take team defense to stop a great scorer. I’d start with a scorer first and try to make him a better defender than the other way around, just for arguments sake. :bobo

Chomag
11-16-2022, 12:37 PM
This would have been the Perfect time to have Chip....damn...

LeBowen
11-16-2022, 01:41 PM

Lmao Kobe.
He developed on both ends of the floor naturally. He didn't become a 25ppg scorer and then learned to play defense.
It took him a couple of years to become a high level starter, even.
I'm talking about lottery talent that will come in and average 20ppg+ in their rookie season while obviously being polished on offense, but have low IQ players.

I respect your opinion, but the game of basketball is putting the ball in the hoops first. More often your best scorer beats your best defender, and it would take team defense to stop a great scorer. I’d start with a scorer first and try to make him a better defender than the other way around, just for arguments sake.

Yeah, it's about putting the ball in the hoop...except that every single championship team over the past 15 or so years was led by one or two elite two-way players, with Steph being the obvious exception.
But he's an exception in everything, so you can't take him as a norm.

Everyone else's best players were also elite defenders: Giannis-Jrue, Lebron-AD, nephew-Siakam-Lowry, then back to nephew-Duncan etc.
Warriors lost to Lebron because their defense wasn't good enough and their only elite defender got himself suspended.

Everyone can become a better defender, but it's way harder and less common for bad defenders to become elite. Can't teach stuff like lateral movement, size and wingspan. Some players just can't do it.

Worst case scenario, obviously barring any injuries, Sochan becomes a parennial 1st team defense, while being a solid passer and secondary playmaker who can hit a shot here and there.
How many of those can you find in the league? While almost every single team has someone who's a great scorer or has the tools to get there.
We already have two guys who will surely develop into 25ppg scorers and Devin is also a good defender.
Ever since nephew fucked us over, we desperately needed someone who's going to prevent opposing wings from torching us game in and game out. Jeremy is that guy and will be for many years to come.

But yeah, I agree, we need a playmaker now. I like Tre, his IQ is great, but he's just too undersized and has no range. Will be a good backup for playoff teams, but nothing more.
Imo, if we acquire a potentailly all-star PG, we're more or less good to go and no more tanking is needed.

Larry O
11-16-2022, 01:50 PM
Listening to opposing play-by-play announcers and commenters, they immediately notice the hair and the number 10, and immediately associate him with Rodman. So, Sochan's persona, in that regard, has that immediate impact on others, perhaps with the players included. Hearing that he has the knack of being a pest and a trash talker on the court as well. If he can improve on his 3 point shooting, as well as other aspects of his game, I can see him not becoming just only a Spurs fan favorite, but he can also garner attention around the league for his playing style and growing reputation as a "Rodman-lite" player, with potential to possibly exceed him, in other ways, minus the drama. I believe he has the potential to elevate himself to "Star Status." Today's NBA seems to like "character colorization" and drama, and Sohan seems to fit that mold.

slick'81
11-16-2022, 03:34 PM
Dude has all the tools just needs pop to stick around and mold him

daslicer
11-16-2022, 03:56 PM
It could take 4-5 years of hard work before he can be a star. Remember Kawhi didn't make it to his first all-star game until 2016. There will be a lot of growing pains with Sochan. I think at worst he will be an elite role player at best he can be an all-star.

poopbox
11-16-2022, 04:05 PM
Will be a super utility player. I doubt he ever has the offense to be a future star. I doubt he even wants to shoot that much.

The Truth #6
11-16-2022, 04:10 PM
If not shooting, then his rebounds and stocks need to improve for atypical star status, with the assumption that his scoring improves somehow, likely through backdowns and going coast to coast.

lefty20
11-16-2022, 04:42 PM
Calling Peak Draymond a star was sure to result in a heavy debate no matter which forum or platform u did it on. That's Jeremy's ceiling rn, imo.

If he can add a couple of consistent ways to get buckets then we'll talk about potential Stardom. He's got a lot of work to do on that end, like a hell of a fucking lot.

So I'm voting ERP. I hope he proves me wrong.

BackHome
11-16-2022, 04:54 PM
I see a little of Green and Diaw in him as far as who he will be well that is TBD - Only thing I want from him now is to continue working on his craft and I love Pop giving him PG duties that will definitely help with his growth. I just wish we had Chip but I am sure they are other very good shooting coaches out there Hell just get with who ever been working with Kelldon this past summer.

daslicer
11-16-2022, 05:08 PM
I see a little of Green and Diaw in him as far as who he will be well that is TBD - Only thing I want from him now is to continue working on his craft and I love Pop giving him PG duties that will definitely help with his growth. I just wish we had Chip but I am sure they are other very good shooting coaches out there Hell just get with who ever been working with Kelldon this past summer.

Ultimately it comes down to work ethic. I remember hearing Jason Kidd in an interview talk about how he was terrible 3-point shooter at the start of his career but by the end of his career became a good shooter. He said the way he turned it around is that later on his career he decided to focus on shooting for hours before and after games and that it eventually paid off. If Sochan has the work ethic, then he will be able to fix his shooting problems.

TD 21
11-16-2022, 05:32 PM
Question: many people here were skeptic of taking Sochan at no. 9, for many reasons: perceived lack of athleticism, poor shooting, and no. 9 being too high a pick to take a role player with supposedly limited potential. How do you feel about it now, with what we've seen? is he the best option available at no. 9? of those taken before him, how many would you take over him?
Me: he was always one of my favorite options at no. 9, and I'd still take him there. Other than Banchero and Ivey, there's no one I'd take clearly over him, with Mathurin (who was my other option then) and Sharpe (who I was very wary of and proved his upside is real) being the ones I'd also consider in a do over (but neither were available, so).

I feel exactly the same way. He looks like what I expected, which is underwhelming (the rebounding is pathetic and even the much-ballyhooed ball handling/passing for his position are more so par for the course than standout the way they would have been prior to this era), both relative to draft slot and team needs.

But then, I didn't particularly like any option at 9 all that much and when Branham fell to 20 and to a lesser extent Wesley at 25, I was fine with the draft.

exstatic
11-16-2022, 05:46 PM

I respect your opinion, but the game of basketball is putting the ball in the hoops first. More often your best scorer beats your best defender, and it would take team defense to stop a great scorer. I’d start with a scorer first and try to make him a better defender than the other way around, just for arguments sake. :bobo

Most players think the way you do, which is why it’s difficult to turn a scorer into a top flight defender. Those three players you listed were all good defenders already, and just needed some polishing.

exstatic
11-16-2022, 05:49 PM
It could take 4-5 years of hard work before he can be a star. Remember Kawhi didn't make it to his first all-star game until 2016. There will be a lot of growing pains with Sochan. I think at worst he will be an elite role player at best he can be an all-star.

Kawhi won the FMVP after his 3rd year. It took a while for the media to catch on, but he had already arrived.

exstatic
11-16-2022, 05:55 PM
Calling Peak Draymond a star was sure to result in a heavy debate no matter which forum or platform u did it on. That's Jeremy's ceiling rn, imo.

If he can add a couple of consistent ways to get buckets then we'll talk about potential Stardom. He's got a lot of work to do on that end, like a hell of a fucking lot.

So I'm voting ERP. I hope he proves me wrong.

I think the comparisons to Draymond aren’t that great. His creativity is in the half court, and usually from the top of the circle, more like Poeltl than Sochan. If Sochan starts operating off the bounce, and running the pick and roll, his ceiling becomes much higher.

Uriel
11-16-2022, 08:22 PM
He's a hybrid of Boris Diaw and Draymond Green. Of course he's going to be a star.

wildbill2u
11-16-2022, 08:54 PM
Thinking about "elite defense first" guards and came up with Gary Payton and Patrick Beverley. Can anyone come up with some others? I just don't see Sochan being able to play PF over the long haul with his slight frame. Right now we can't shift him to SF because we need KJ on the floor there.

exstatic
11-16-2022, 09:08 PM
Thinking about "elite defense first" guards and came up with Gary Payton and Patrick Beverley. Can anyone come up with some others? I just don't see Sochan being able to play PF over the long haul with his slight frame. Right now we can't shift him to SF because we need KJ on the floor there.

He’s a rookie, and 19
And
He’s not that fucking slight
And
It’s not 1995. He’s as big at the other PFs on the squad.

All that being said, it would be fucking amazing to have a 6’9” PG.

exstatic
11-16-2022, 09:12 PM

JKidd and MJ were both 9x all D, and MJ won a DPOY.

ambchang
11-16-2022, 09:47 PM

Walt Frazier comes to mind. Dennis Johnson. John Stockton was very underrated as a defender because he was so dirty. Rondo was good but somewhat overrated. CP3 is there somewhere just based on accolades but I always thought he was overrated on d. Maurice cheeks was pretty darn good too.

B1gduff
11-16-2022, 09:48 PM
How about pascal Siakam? From what I've seen out of Sochan, he had more upside on offense than green ever did.

timvp
11-16-2022, 10:42 PM
Good thread.

I saw Sochan's ceiling before the draft as him being a super elite role player or like the third best player on a championship team.

Now? I think there are more right tail and left tail outcomes. So far he's even a worse shooter than advertised so there's a chance he never learns to shoot at all (not even like a 30% three-point shooter) and basically becomes a more coordinated Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. But if this point guard stuff is for real, Sochan's ultimate, ultimate upside could be as a biggie Scottie Pippen :wow

rankingtear
11-16-2022, 11:22 PM
Yeah even before the draft Vecenie the athletic draft guy stated he has different paths to all star player outcome. He is definitely a top tier development piece and perfect fit for a development team like us. That shot is not a deal breaker if he can be a primary initiator at that size. He has star equity in multiple development paths because of that deep playoff level versatility on defense.

Mr. Body
11-16-2022, 11:30 PM
I feel like he'll get his shot in better shape, but it's not great at this point.

But if he's both able to facilitate, whether as primary or secondary, AND guard perimeter players without fall-off, then the potential of these big line-ups that are perhaps more perfected than we saw last night opens up. You need to find the right pieces, but it gets intriguing.

Vince Carter's ankle
11-17-2022, 03:15 AM

tbdog
11-17-2022, 07:35 AM
Way to early and our team is way to crap to see it come together. He isn't a great athlete, so he has more work to do to become that elite role player.

Dejounte
11-17-2022, 08:04 AM
Yeah, it isn’t great athleticism at all when you’re a 6’8” player who can keep up with guards and hold your own against bigs.

The Truth #6
11-17-2022, 08:06 AM
He seems like a very good athlete to me. Or are we only talking about vertical leaping? I mean, he’s finishing alley oops, blocking Gobert at the rim, moving fluidly…seems good to me.

Elite role player seems more likely.

Lots of comps thrown around, but my thought is will he be better than Scottie Barnes? A lot of similarities, generally speaking.

John B
11-17-2022, 09:53 AM
For now I will reserve the Superstar category because of his limited scoring ability. But Jason Kidd was a terrible shooter as well, but was able to improve on that. And like Jason Kidd, Sochan is a high bball IQ player, able to read plays developing and reacting defensively on time. For now, I will say Bobo-type Elite role player if he continuous to work as a facilitator. Bobo was an integral part of the Beautiful Game, of which maybe none would've happened if Boris was not here. His ability to see the whole court, the extra passes, the range. It’s still a lot of work for Sochan to replicate the beloved ex-Spur, but I don’t doubt he could as he embraces challenges.

Note, people should stop the Rodman comparison. Sochan might have the same hairstyle, and could get into people's skin with his defense, but Rodman was a rebounding machine, which I don’t see Sochan is. Feisty defender he is.

John B
11-17-2022, 11:12 AM
Most players think the way you do, which is why it’s difficult to turn a scorer into a top flight defender. Those three players you listed were all good defenders already, and just needed some polishing.

I love defense as much as the next guy. But if I'm going to pick a player, whether in draft or at the park, I'd pick the baller first before defense. Grizzlies made the big mistake on Thabeet. Where is he now? I understand with Sochan because he was a pick-of-need. We already had DJM (at that time), Keldon, Vassell, but missing a big defensive hole at 4, plus Sochan's other intangibles. I don't know of any team, for what we know now, who would pass on Curry for Gobert. But maybe they do that in the NFL? :lol:toast

The Truth #6
11-17-2022, 11:21 AM
The challenge with the direct Bobo comp is that Bobo started as a point guard and through indulgences in fine cuisine his BMI expanded and he changed positions. Sochan will still have to learn to be a point guard, whereas Bobo learned to be a power forward.

exstatic
11-17-2022, 11:39 AM
Way to early and our team is way to crap to see it come together. He isn't a great athlete, so he has more work to do to become that elite role player.

Kawhi’s max vert was 28”. You don’t have to be a great athlete to be a great player. This far into his rookie season, Kawhi looked like a slightly better version of Bowen, and he was coming off the bench.

BatManu20
11-17-2022, 11:50 AM
If he ever learns to hit open 3’s, he’s gonna be a real problem.

couchman
11-17-2022, 12:33 PM
The tools are there for elite role player, but his shooting and health will ultimately decide if he becomes a legit star. I like what I see so far. In the short term I’d like him to focus on grabbing boards better. He can rebuild his shot in the off-season

Ariel
11-17-2022, 01:59 PM
I love defense as much as the next guy. But if I'm going to pick a player, whether in draft or at the park, I'd pick the baller first before defense. Grizzlies made the big mistake on Thabeet. Where is he now? I understand with Sochan because he was a pick-of-need. We already had DJM (at that time), Keldon, Vassell, but missing a big defensive hole at 4, plus Sochan's other intangibles. I don't know of any team, for what we know now, who would pass on Curry for Gobert. But maybe they do that in the NFL? :lol:toast
Thabeet flunked because he was bad all around. As for Sochan, we didn't pass on any offensive wizard to get him, in any case he was a pick-of-need over other not better picks-of-not-need. Good enough for me.

itzsoweezee
11-17-2022, 02:11 PM
Way too early to tell. People comparing him to Draymond are out of their minds. Dray can legitimately guard positions 1-5 at an elite level. Sochan is a pretty good perimeter defender, but needs a lot of work in all other aspects of defense.

On offense, he’s still pretty bad. But, he’sa 19 year old rookie, so that’s to be expected. Hopefully he turns out to be really good.

BackHome
11-17-2022, 02:18 PM
One thing from watching our last draft picks growth is big jump from rookie to there third year ie; Keldon, Vassell. So far he is playing pretty good if he follows the above players growth he definitely has the possibility of being special. One thing that stood out with all three picks is that they all 3 have a high work ethic and genuine Love for the Game.

John B
11-17-2022, 02:24 PM
Thabeet flunked because he was bad all around. As for Sochan, we didn't pass on any offensive wizard to get him, in any case he was a pick-of-need over other not better picks-of-not-need. Good enough for me.

I totally get Sochan’s pick. That was a reply on a reply from “will pick 1st overall…It’s way easier to turn an elite defender into a star on offense than the other way around.” I said I’d pick a baller for overall pick especially if there’s a player who has more complete game. Kawhi was not expected to develop a ridiculous offensive game. You just don’t make that big gamble on a #1 overall pick, that’s all.

BackHome
11-17-2022, 03:55 PM
Yeah can’t even hate last draft easily a “A” we finally got a true PF that has definite upside will see if he lives up to his potential but very happy with pick

John B
11-17-2022, 04:11 PM
Yeah can’t even hate last draft easily a “A” we finally got a true PF that has definite upside will see if he lives up to his potential but very happy with pick

Bruh PF/PG :bobo

jjspur
11-17-2022, 04:41 PM
He is already a decent role player for the team, and only after like 15 games. Give him time. I see he improving even more as the season extends into next year. Props to the front office for drafting him.
Surely he'll be at least 2nd team all rookie team if not first team. Who know how good he'll be after a year of experience.

tbdog
11-17-2022, 10:31 PM
Kawhi’s max vert was 28”. You don’t have to be a great athlete to be a great player. This far into his rookie season, Kawhi looked like a slightly better version of Bowen, and he was coming off the bench.

Leonard first games he had a dependable jumper. He also played a key role for a title contending team. He was a plus rebounder for his position from the get go. Sochan is such a different player. He reminds me of a stronger and faster Kyle Anderson.

NickiRasgo
11-17-2022, 11:31 PM
Elite Role Player. He won't be a star and he could even the next "Triple Single" (but great advanced stats) guy but he'll be good complimentary player in a contending team (hopefully it'll be the Spurs).

Mr. Body
11-17-2022, 11:43 PM
Jeremy and Jakob developing some good PnR action. Once Sochan gets better hitting mismatches there he's going to be trouble.