PDA

View Full Version : House Republicans announce plans to produce content for Fox News

ElNono
11-19-2022, 06:00 PM
House Republicans announce plans to produce content for Fox News

On Thursday, House Judiciary Committee ranking Republican member Jim Jordan (Ohio) participated in a news conference at which his party outlined its plans to investigate Hunter Biden, the president’s son. The Republican minority on the House Committee on Oversight and Reform published a document that it suggested offered sufficient predicate for a probe, including that “Biden Family Members and Associates [were] Profiting Off Public Office.”

For example:
“Republicans’ inquiry quickly established that few in the President’s extended family have failed to capitalize on their relationship with Joe Biden.”
“From Valerie Biden Owens, the President’s ‘sister, confidante, and longtime political strategist,’ penning a book about the Biden family shortly after the inauguration to Francis ‘Frank’ Biden ‘promot[ing] his relationship to the commander-in-chief in an Inauguration Day advertisement for the law firm he advises[,]’ the Biden family’s monetization of the President’s time in Washington is well documented.”

Contrasting that with the activity of Trump family members is left as an exercise to the reader.

Much of the document (titled “A President Compromised: The Biden Family Investigation”) centers on the decision by social media companies to limit a New York Post story about emails and photographs believed to have originated on a laptop owned by Hunter Biden — certainly a tangent to an investigation of the Bidens, if connected at all.

At the news conference, Jordan highlighted that aspect of the story. He suggested that the media’s presentation of the material from Hunter Biden had evolved in a way that increasingly proved him and the GOP right about its significance. That’s not the case. Most outlets were blocked from reviewing the material at the time, making it difficult to report on the contents. (Fox News itself passed on the story.) When The Washington Post obtained the material, we were able to validate some but not all of it. But here was Jordan trying to score rhetorical points on a sidebar issue almost entirely unrelated to the Bidens as he and his party outlined what they were planning when they become the majority in 2023.

But the news conference did do what news conferences are designed to do: get media attention. Specifically, Jordan and Oversight ranking Republican member James Comer (Ky.) were invited onto Fox News’s prime time programming to explain their arguments. Arguments, you will not be surprised to learn, that Hannity and other Fox News hosts have been making for months.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/11/18/fox-news-republicans-house-hunter-biden/

---

:lol

My shortlist for new Fox content includes:
- Hunter Biden
- The "origins" of COVID
- Election "integrity"
- "Open borders"

did I miss any, tbh?

benefactor
11-19-2022, 06:16 PM
:cry u gais been a meenee to Trump nao we gonna git u :cry

benefactor
11-19-2022, 06:16 PM
“Biden Family Members and Associates [were] Profiting Off Public Office.”

Spurminator
11-19-2022, 07:54 PM
Is this story from 1999?

Joseph Kony
11-19-2022, 08:30 PM
Trump literally put his unqualified family members in various positions of power and they profited off the US taxpayers for 4 fucking years :lmao it's pathetic that these maga clowns pretend to care about political corruption in office when dear leader is the greatest example of corruption and nepotism while in office ever

Spurs Homer
11-20-2022, 09:09 AM
If only dems had the sense and the balls to IGNORE every single subpoena and request for documents the exact same way the gop did…

they dont

Dirks_Finale
11-20-2022, 09:42 AM
Biden Family Members and Associates [were] Profiting Off Public Office.

They all do :lol

I sincerely hope they have some extraordinary sh1t on Brandon to expose to the world, otherwise, don't waste our time with Jan 6th committee type theatre. Leave all that to Democrats, it's what they do best over there :tu

ChumpDumper
11-20-2022, 10:09 AM

I sincerely hope they have some extraordinary sh1t on Brandon to expose to the world, otherwise, don't waste our time with Jan 6th committee type theatre. Leave all that to Democrats, it's what they do best over there :tu

Jan 6th wasn't extraordinary to you?

What would be extraordinary to you?

Dirks_Finale
11-20-2022, 10:51 AM

It's basically ancient history that you guys intend to use for the next 50 years to score cheap political points.

Not hating - your side does it very well, so it makes sense to play to your strengths... just saying that the right probably needs to steer clear from it.

ChumpDumper
11-20-2022, 10:53 AM
It's basically ancient history that you guys intend to use for the next 50 years to score cheap political points.

Not hating - your side does it very well, so it makes sense to play to your strengths... just saying that the right probably needs to steer clear from it.You didn't answer the questions.

Leetonidas
11-20-2022, 10:54 AM
Ancient history? It wasn't even two years ago:lmao

Spurminator
11-20-2022, 11:06 AM

He obviously meant to say Bengazi-type theatre.

ElNono
11-20-2022, 11:35 AM

We're talking Gym Jordan here... this is a guy that spent years running a congressional investigation over muh Benghazi...

baseline bum
11-20-2022, 11:54 AM

LOL Benghazi
LOL impeaching Clinton over a blowjob

baseline bum
11-20-2022, 11:56 AM
You didn't answer the questions.

Hunter Biden's laptop
Comet Ping Pong's basement
Seth Rich

Isitjustme?
11-20-2022, 02:12 PM

Hope it's not as bad as this!!
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05/jared-kushner-affinity-partners-saudi-arabia/amp

Dirks_Finale
11-20-2022, 10:10 PM
You didn't answer the questions.

Yes but it's old news and the more y'all talk about old news, the more insignificant it becomes.

steak n eggs
11-20-2022, 10:20 PM
Let's focus on current events.

Biden president.

Not Trump.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2022, 03:26 AM
Yes but it's old news and the more y'all talk about old news, the more insignificant it becomes.

This quote is going to be used to shit on you.

boutons_deux
11-22-2022, 04:05 AM
House Republicans announce plans to produce content for Fox News

On Thursday, House Judiciary Committee ranking Republican member Jim Jordan (Ohio) participated in a news conference at which his party outlined its plans to investigate Hunter Biden, the president’s son. The Republican minority on the House Committee on Oversight and Reform published a document that it suggested offered sufficient predicate for a probe, including that “Biden Family Members and Associates [were] Profiting Off Public Office.”

For example:
“Republicans’ inquiry quickly established that few in the President’s extended family have failed to capitalize on their relationship with Joe Biden.”
“From Valerie Biden Owens, the President’s ‘sister, confidante, and longtime political strategist,’ penning a book about the Biden family shortly after the inauguration to Francis ‘Frank’ Biden ‘promot[ing] his relationship to the commander-in-chief in an Inauguration Day advertisement for the law firm he advises[,]’ the Biden family’s monetization of the President’s time in Washington is well documented.”

Contrasting that with the activity of Trump family members is left as an exercise to the reader.

Much of the document (titled “A President Compromised: The Biden Family Investigation”) centers on the decision by social media companies to limit a New York Post story about emails and photographs believed to have originated on a laptop owned by Hunter Biden — certainly a tangent to an investigation of the Bidens, if connected at all.

At the news conference, Jordan highlighted that aspect of the story. He suggested that the media’s presentation of the material from Hunter Biden had evolved in a way that increasingly proved him and the GOP right about its significance. That’s not the case. Most outlets were blocked from reviewing the material at the time, making it difficult to report on the contents. (Fox News itself passed on the story.) When The Washington Post obtained the material, we were able to validate some but not all of it. But here was Jordan trying to score rhetorical points on a sidebar issue almost entirely unrelated to the Bidens as he and his party outlined what they were planning when they become the majority in 2023.

But the news conference did do what news conferences are designed to do: get media attention. Specifically, Jordan and Oversight ranking Republican member James Comer (Ky.) were invited onto Fox News’s prime time programming to explain their arguments. Arguments, you will not be surprised to learn, that Hannity and other Fox News hosts have been making for months.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/11/18/fox-news-republicans-house-hunter-biden/

---

My shortlist for new Fox content includes:
- Hunter Biden
- The "origins" of COVID
- Election "integrity"
- "Open borders"

did I miss any, tbh?

FBI

DOJ

Garland

Special counsel. Jack Smith

Biden's loan forgiveness

Biden's pardon of federal marijuana prisoners

Etc

boutons_deux
11-22-2022, 04:31 AM
Biden's withdrawal from Afghanistan

DarrinS
11-22-2022, 10:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qQazyJ99OE

ChumpDumper
11-22-2022, 12:09 PM
Is honesty important to you, Darrin?

ElNono
11-22-2022, 01:07 PM

Looks like the House have some youtubes to work with... :tu

Spurminator
11-22-2022, 01:11 PM
Imagine seeing that thumbnail on YouTube and being like, "Yep, that's something I definitely want to watch and is probably a sober, impartial and reasonable analysis of the topic."

DarrinS
11-22-2022, 04:24 PM
Two years later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z-6Wp6oH1Y

pgardn
11-22-2022, 04:36 PM
Is this tied to Dad?

Nope.

so maybe the red team spends a bunch of money going after a minor criminal.
Its not like Joe hired Hunter to become a highly paid security access employee of the US like the orange vomit.

And Hunter Biden using his Dad's status to get a job.... Washington DC is loaded with this.
Red and blue teams. I wish they would put a list out of all the Congressman etc.. who have relatives use that last name or family tie thinking they could get somewhere.

ElNono
11-22-2022, 04:57 PM
Two years later

Wait, is that the evil MSM?

Winehole23
11-22-2022, 06:01 PM
Hunter Biden's political future is toast

DarrinS
11-22-2022, 06:11 PM
Hunter Biden's political future is toast

Yeah, any investigation would be about destroying Hunter's political ambitions. Such a dumb strawman.

Winehole23
11-22-2022, 06:25 PM
Yeah, any investigation would be about destroying Hunter's political ambitions. Such a dumb strawman.What strawman? Hunter Biden is being investigated by the FBI as we speak, let the chips fall where they may.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2022, 07:35 PM
Two years later

You're really upset about this.

Why?

ElNono
11-22-2022, 09:39 PM
Yeah, any investigation would be about destroying Hunter's political ambitions. Such a dumb strawman.

Don't forget about giving material to Sucker Carlson, tbh...

Joseph Kony
11-22-2022, 11:46 PM
literally no one cares what happens to Hunter biden besides the dumb fucks on the right :lol

baseline bum
11-23-2022, 12:04 AM

LOL thinks Hunter Biden is a bigger deal than trying to overthrow the government

lefty20
11-23-2022, 12:26 AM
Always have been, tbh.

DarrinS
11-23-2022, 12:32 AM
LOL thinks Hunter Biden is a bigger deal than trying to overthrow the government

Lol, if this was Don Jr's laptop. STFU

ElNono
11-23-2022, 12:38 AM

:lol this came from Rudy Giuliani 10 days before the election... the odds of being fake news were realistically very high...

And if this was Don Jr's laptop, you'll be doing backflips to tell everybody it was a nothingburger...

DarrinS
11-23-2022, 12:40 AM
:lol this came from Rudy Giuliani 10 days before the election... the odds of being fake news were realistically very high...

And if this was Don Jr's laptop, you'll be doing backflips to tell everybody it was a nothingburger...

It wasn't fake news.

DarrinS
11-23-2022, 12:54 AM
Are we supposed to listen to "muh Russia" team about what investigations are important?

spurraider21
11-23-2022, 01:20 AM

He’d be nonstop posting the graphic about how people care more about inflation than don jrs laptop

spurraider21
11-23-2022, 01:20 AM
It wasn't fake news.
He didn’t say it was. He said that at the time, given the timing and the source,
it had a high likelihood of it

baseline bum
11-23-2022, 01:21 AM

LOL if Hunter Biden was meeting with one of Putin's lawyers to get dirt on Desantis... I mean talk about adoptions GFYM

spurraider21
11-23-2022, 01:21 AM
Are we supposed to listen to "muh Russia" team about what investigations are important?
Investigation into a sitting president is certainly more important than one of a presidents son who isn’t part of the government

baseline bum
11-23-2022, 01:23 AM

LOL muh lightbulbs muh Chinese lab muh Benghazi

DarrinS
11-23-2022, 01:40 AM
LOL muh lightbulbs muh Chinese lab muh Benghazi

Uhhh?

ChumpDumper
11-23-2022, 02:16 AM

Is this important to you, Darrin?

Yes or no.

Winehole23
11-23-2022, 02:29 AM
Is this important to you, Darrin?

Yes or no.He reposted a youtube with no take, that's about as serious as DarrinS gets.

ElNono
11-23-2022, 02:45 AM
It wasn't fake news.

Didn't say it was. What I said is that, at the time, it was certainly credible it could've been.

ElNono
11-23-2022, 02:51 AM

The problem with this thinking is that this is coming from the "muh Benghazi" and "muh blowjob" team, which trivialized congressional investigations.

Not to mention that "muh Russia" turned out to be largely validated in the sense that Russia was proven to run an interference campaign in the election. You only cared about the part that Trump team didn't collude, but that's not all what the report found out.

Plus, it's not like Hunter Biden isn't under a grand jury investigation...

DarrinS
11-23-2022, 09:35 AM
Not to mention that "muh Russia" turned out to be largely validated

:lmao

ChumpDumper
11-23-2022, 09:42 AM

Why is Hunter's laptop currently the most important political issue to you?

You're posting about nothing else.

Monostradamus
11-23-2022, 10:49 AM
Sup fam, I know you hate it when you’re exposed as a hypocrite, but just posting this here since you ignored it.

He obviously meant to say Bengazi-type theatre.

DarrinS
11-23-2022, 12:15 PM
Why is Hunter's laptop currently the most important political issue to you?

You're posting about nothing else.

Not my thread.

DarrinS
11-23-2022, 12:17 PM
Not my thread.

Also not my thread

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301138&goto=newpost

Winehole23
11-23-2022, 12:30 PM
Darrin ducks

ChumpDumper
11-23-2022, 12:52 PM
Not my thread.

It's important to you. You don't dispute that.

Why is it important to you?

DarrinS
11-23-2022, 12:57 PM
It's important to you. You don't dispute that.

Should be important to anyone. Why all the gas lighting about "Russia disinformation", when it was easily verifiable?

baseline bum
11-23-2022, 01:04 PM
Should be important to anyone. Why all the gas lighting about "Russia disinformation", when it was easily verifiable?

Says the guy who thinks Trump's brownshirts trying to overthrow the government for him shouldn't be important to anyone.

spurraider21
11-23-2022, 01:07 PM
how does hunter bidens laptop help inflation. i mean you loved showing the graphic about how people cared more about inflation/economy than jan 6. how is it suddenly different with hunter laptop?

DarrinS
11-23-2022, 01:14 PM
how does hunter bidens laptop help inflation. i mean you loved showing the graphic about how people cared more about inflation/economy than jan 6. how is it suddenly different with hunter laptop?

It doesn't. And I'm sure people care more about inflation than Hunter's laptop.

Doesn't mean it isn't an important story. I wonder how media would react if it were Don Jr's laptop?

ChumpDumper
11-23-2022, 01:21 PM
Should be important to anyone. Why all the gas lighting about "Russia disinformation", when it was easily verifiable?You didn't answer the question.

Monostradamus
11-23-2022, 02:26 PM
It doesn't. And I'm sure people care more about inflation than Hunter's laptop.

Doesn't mean it isn't an important story. I wonder how media would react if it were Don Jr's laptop?
Eggnog’s flowing early this year, eh?

ElNono
11-23-2022, 02:45 PM

:lol not sure what's funny, especially why did you partially quote me... Did Mueller prove Russian interference in the election? is Democracy important to you?

Leetonidas
11-23-2022, 02:55 PM
Darrin is dumb