PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs vs. Jazz - Dec. 26, 2022

timvp
12-27-2022, 02:02 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-jazz-grades-33/

:bobo

John B
12-27-2022, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the grades. Agree on all. Malaki will be special as he realizes more and more that he can score in this league, he’s not bashful and was on occasions super aggressive. Malaki also looks natural as a PG. I like it. Keldon and Devin, we already know what to expect from them. I agree Zollins played well. He contested every shots around him and was very physical. It’s unfortunate the refs are calling foul on some of them I thought were pretty clean. I like him to continue playing tough. Tre I like that he is putting on his shoulders when they need to score. His 3pts are becoming money. I like it.

It’s nice to see them win some nights. I seriously think they are this good, and Pop tonight wanted them to win because of good plays, 27 assists. But back to tanking tomorrow against OKC :lol

pookenstein
12-27-2022, 07:17 AM
Anybody know why J-Rich didn't play? Was it just because Branham was balling or was there another reason? B2B tomorrow perhaps, or a minor injury?

wildbill2u
12-27-2022, 07:59 AM
diop continues with mediocre performances in too many games for it to be normal for him. I don't think he has game we need.

KingKev
12-27-2022, 10:08 AM
Are we one more high character, late lottery tweener away from the play-in? Is that the goal?

The Truth #6
12-27-2022, 10:31 AM
As far as outright tanking, it seems like the spurs put themselves in a weird conundrum. They don’t wanna trade yak because they think he’ll play perfectly next to Victor, but if they don’t trade yak, there’s very little chance to even be in the running to get Victor. I think they need to get rid of Yak sooner than later, unfortunately, because we are potentially able to win without Josh already and someone needs to go. And it’s going to be impossible for pop to just not play Devin or Keldon. And I don’t see pop inventing completely fabricated injuries.

But it’s just one game against unlikely overhyped Utah team, so let’s see where this goes.

The Truth #6
12-27-2022, 10:42 AM
Less Yak, more Bassey, in other words.

exstatic
12-27-2022, 10:53 AM
As far as outright tanking, it seems like the spurs put themselves in a weird conundrum. They don’t wanna trade yak because they think he’ll play perfectly next to Victor, but if they don’t trade yak, there’s very little chance to even be in the running to get Victor. I think they need to get rid of Yak sooner than later, unfortunately, because we are potentially able to win without Josh already and someone needs to go. And it’s going to be impossible for pop to just not play Devin or Keldon. And I don’t see pop inventing completely fabricated injuries.

But it’s just one game against unlikely overhyped Utah team, so let’s see where this goes.

Pops already been not playing Devin or Keldon, and a few times not both, and some of these injuries have been sketchy. I’ve joked that if a players shoe comes untied on the court, he’s on the injury list the next game.

The Truth #6
12-27-2022, 11:19 AM
Pop’s competence in coaching and developing players is a good thing but obviously keeps us from being a bottom three team to possibly get a top pick. But you need luck to win that anyway. I don’t know. I’m glad to have competence. It’s not perfect (Primo???) but better than so many teams. We want young players to develop. So…we just have to trade players not in the pipeline like we knew all along. Spurs are doing their due diligence but likely over analyzing. The team will likely keep getting better and this is supposedly an amazing draft even not just for Victor, so they’ve come this far they need to fully commit to losing this year basically.

heyheymymy
12-27-2022, 11:29 AM
Crazy to see 18 of KJs 21 scored inside the 3pt line. All 2FG except 3-for-4 FTs.

John B
12-27-2022, 11:54 AM
Crazy to see 18 of KJs 21 scored inside the 3pt line. All 2FG except 3-for-4 FTs.

Yup I noticed that too. Earlier he was starting to chuck 3's.

rjv
12-27-2022, 12:08 PM
was at the game last night, after enduring the god awful traffic mess caused by the bomb scare and it was great to see a nice crowd. malaki really impressed. this team is not the most talented but they play hard and smart.

TD 21
12-27-2022, 04:50 PM
I never had a concern with Branham's sub par athleticism, speed and quickness translating, just with his mentality. If the 180 in confidence in recent games remains, they've got themselves a steal.

Looks like Johnson is going to take either Bates-Diop or Roby's job. My guess is one of them is included in a trade or the latter is waived once Bassey gets converted.

spurs10
12-27-2022, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the grades. Entertaining game! How 'bout that all but in 3 pointer for Jazz!