PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs @ Thunder - Dec. 27, 2022

timvp
12-28-2022, 05:33 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-thunder-grades-34/

spurraider21
12-28-2022, 05:42 PM
:lol the below sounds like a copy/paste from any number of Lonnie's grades over the years

I thought he handled his point guard duties reasonably well, though there were times when his ball-handling was iffy. As is usually the case with Branham, it would have been great if he called his own number even more. Defensively, he was moving his feet better than usual but he still has a lot of room for improvement on this level.

KingKev
12-28-2022, 06:31 PM
Damn is Keldon realistically a starter on 25 other NBA teams? I say no.

rjv
12-28-2022, 06:57 PM
:lol the below sounds like a copy/paste from any number of Lonnie's grades over the years

I thought he handled his point guard duties reasonably well, though there were times when his ball-handling was iffy. As is usually the case with Branham, it would have been great if he called his own number even more. Defensively, he was moving his feet better than usual but he still has a lot of room for improvement on this level.

it also sounds like the grades for any number of rookies.

spurs10
12-28-2022, 07:15 PM
Man the 'foul disparity' was ridiculous. I could care less about the score, but that was laughable. An 8 against 5 affair, but a good thing in the end. Thank goodness Tank Commander Brown saved us from a 'Victory against Victor.'

KingKev
12-28-2022, 07:46 PM
Vassell, Keldon and McD are all questionable for Knicks game. Should be an easy L.

John B
12-28-2022, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the grades. As expected, they played well at least the 1st half, then threw it away for the tank commander.

I continually like what Zollins is showing. I've used "good soldier" on players like Demar, Lonnie, Brynn. Zollins is the same. He just do his business without the drama. He doesn't complain (although sometimes it would help to complain in easy foul calls). He just plays hard. He contest every shot. He works hard and it's showing dividends. I like Zollins.

Sochan is continuing his all-around plays. He seems to have 2-3 put-backs every game. He has a nose for rebound.

Devin. I like the 1 steal. He seems to be getting that steal every game, a sign of better defense.

All in all, I'm satisfied. I continually like the progress. And we got the L. It's a good day at the office. :toast

offset formation
12-28-2022, 09:34 PM

ONLY when he is hitting his 3s consistently. His defense is often horrid.

offset formation
12-28-2022, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the grades. As expected, they played well at least the 1st half, then threw it away for the tank commander.

I continually like what Zollins is showing. I've used "good soldier" on players like Demar, Lonnie, Brynn. Zollins is the same. He just do his business without the drama. He doesn't complain (although sometimes it would help to complain in easy foul calls). He just plays hard. He contest every shot. He works hard and it's showing dividends. I like Zollins.

Sochan is continuing his all-around plays. He seems to have 2-3 put-backs every game. He has a nose for rebound.

Devin. I like the 1 steal. He seems to be getting that steal every game, a sign of better defense.

All in all, I'm satisfied. I continually like the progress. And we got the L. It's a good day at the office. :toast

Wonder if there's any interest on a return to Portland for him or them.

BackHome
12-28-2022, 10:39 PM

I always thought he would be a great sixth man as he brings in energy and can be that spark plug

ambchang
12-29-2022, 07:57 AM

Well, given there are 30 teams in the nba, being able to start on 25 other teams means you have to be at least a top 6 SF in this league.

Durant, Lebron, zion/Ingram, Tatum, Middleton, nephew (if healthy), bridges, Wiggins, Scottie Barnes. It’s a tough lineup.

wildbill2u
12-29-2022, 12:58 PM
A lot of pressure on Keldon to be one of the legitimate starting SFs in the league and the team's go-to-guy. The problem is that sometimes he tries to prove it. A team without true star-quality players is going to have to use movement and the team concept to win some games when they are over-matched at virtually every position.

spurraider21
12-29-2022, 03:12 PM
A lot of pressure on Keldon to be one of the legitimate starting SFs in the league and the team's go-to-guy. The problem is that sometimes he tries to prove it. A team without true star-quality players is going to have to use movement and the team concept to win some games when they are over-matched at virtually every position.
he's a poor defender. if he's not scoring efficiently, then he's not helping.

TD 21
12-29-2022, 04:50 PM
Well, given there are 30 teams in the nba, being able to start on 25 other teams means you have to be at least a top 6 SF in this league.

Durant, Lebron, zion/Ingram, Tatum, Middleton, nephew (if healthy), bridges, Wiggins, Scottie Barnes. It’s a tough lineup.

Durant and James are fours now, Williamson can't play the three and Barnes is a four.

Johnson definitely starts for: Cavaliers, Rockets, Pacers, Lakers, Heat, Magic, Thunder, Suns, Wizards.

Johnson might start for: Mavericks, Pistons, Bucks (Middleton would be nominal two), Kings, Raptors (Barnes would be nominal two), Jazz.

KingKev
12-29-2022, 06:39 PM
Durant and James are fours now, Williamson can't play the three and Barnes is a four.

Johnson definitely starts for: Cavaliers, Rockets, Pacers, Lakers, Heat, Magic, Thunder, Suns, Wizards.

Johnson might start for: Mavericks, Pistons, Bucks (Middleton would be nominal two), Kings, Raptors (Barnes would be nominal two), Jazz.

Nah

Also Celts Brown looks like a superstar this year

:lmao

TD 21
12-29-2022, 07:02 PM
Nah

Also Celts Brown looks like a superstar this year

:lmao

Yeah.

:lmao Determining impact by counting stats in '22.