PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs vs. Knicks - Dec. 29, 2022

timvp
12-30-2022, 03:23 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-knicks-grades-35/

TrainOfThought5
12-30-2022, 03:36 AM
What the FUCK are we doing?! Are they not getting the TANK memo?!

Everybody should get an F when we win and Pop should get an F—

slick'81
12-30-2022, 03:39 AM
A effort against a team missing two of its best three players

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-30-2022, 06:34 AM
McDermott shows again and again how important he can be as a bench scorer, despite of his poor defense. He simply unlocks things offensively for everyone around him. Pair him with a good passing big and he becomes even more deadly.

Loved seeing Langford showing what he's capable of. He's a very strange player, he could just as easily be an elite roleplayer as he could end up in the chinese league, it's all in his head.

Stanley Johnson has impressed me, a clear improvement on KBD/Roby. He always plays with a purpose and seems hellbent on not giving up on his NBA career.

John B
12-30-2022, 06:51 AM
I wanted a loss, but how can you not root for the team when they’re moving the ball so well, resulting to 25 assists? Langford got his career night, Collins continually battling, Sochan impacting the game in many facets, Stanley working hard for that regular minutes and looking like a rotational player with better defense. It’s hard to be a Spurs fan not to enjoy the players play well. It was a nice game that I even played the replay after :lol:lol

Now to start losing again :bobo

Dejounte
12-30-2022, 07:41 AM
Stanley Johnson shows us why a 6’6” tall player is sometimes better played at the PF position over the 6’8” or 6’9” one. His switchability on defense looks like Jrue out there and because he’s a shorter player, he’s more mobile on offense out there than most PFs.

it’s probably clear that the FO believes that KBD and Roby’s ceilings have capped out and they probably weren’t satisfied with it.

rjv
12-30-2022, 12:01 PM
at least charlotte won; it also seems as if lamelo is coming around which should help the hornets overall.

heyheymymy
12-30-2022, 01:06 PM
https://youtu.be/tElR9SMKQlk

heyheymymy
12-30-2022, 01:12 PM
But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?

23/2/2

JPB
12-30-2022, 02:00 PM
They're not gonna lose all the games anyway, so nice to see that team potential even though opposition was weak.

heyheymymy
12-30-2022, 02:05 PM
lol I seriously think Romeo Langford was pissed he missed the highlight reel lay in after that opening possession steal and break to the rim and he went super nova from there leading to his big night. Although you could say he appears to have set out to be aggressive from the start because he was already going for it from the tip-off. Still say that miss lit the fuse he brought last night.

jjspur
12-30-2022, 02:25 PM
McDermott shows again and again how important he can be as a bench scorer, despite of his poor defense. He simply unlocks things offensively for everyone around him. Pair him with a good passing big and he becomes even more deadly.

Loved seeing Langford showing what he's capable of. He's a very strange player, he could just as easily be an elite roleplayer as he could end up in the chinese league, it's all in his head.

Stanley Johnson has impressed me, a clear improvement on KBD/Roby. He always plays with a purpose and seems hellbent on not giving up on his NBA career.

Agree. You can see the talent that Stanley has over what KBD or Roby don't quite show regularly enough. Maybe its just an experience level thing. I know we're talking about end of the bench guys, but Stanley has definitely shown a bit more than a 15th guy.

exstatic
12-30-2022, 03:31 PM
Did anyone else notice that Jak started shooing FTs one handed in this game? They had tried that a couple of seasons ago, and he went away from it, but I guess seeing Sochans success made him rethink?

John B
12-30-2022, 11:41 PM
Did anyone else notice that Jak started shooing FTs one handed in this game? They had tried that a couple of seasons ago, and he went away from it, but I guess seeing Sochans success made him rethink?

I didn't notice that. But his floaters and push shots have been money.

SpurSpike
12-31-2022, 02:41 AM
Did Poeltl make his one handed free throws?

Fireball
12-31-2022, 09:00 AM
Did Poeltl make his one handed free throws? he went 3/4 ... but I do not know if he actually shot all of them one-handed

exstatic
12-31-2022, 09:51 AM
he went 3/4 ... but I do not know if he actually shot all of them one-handed

I saw at least one pair shot one handed. I remembered him doing that a season or two ago, and seeing Jeremy’s success in recent games, wondered if he’d go back to it, which is why I noticed.

Seventyniner
12-31-2022, 01:41 PM
I saw at least one pair shot one handed. I remembered him doing that a season or two ago, and seeing Jeremy’s success in recent games, wondered if he’d go back to it, which is why I noticed.

Maybe he won't find it embarrassing after Sochan broke the ice.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-31-2022, 02:32 PM
Got dang Spurs winning games!!