PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili MRI?

Nikos
12-01-2005, 11:34 PM
This was posted in the other Ginobili thread, but it seems like the article is hidden.

Anyhow on ESPN News it says that Manu will be receiving an MRI?

This sounds like it could be horrible news? Could Manu be out a huge chunk of the season? What exactly is the problem?

Nikos
12-01-2005, 11:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2244329

What could be the worst case scenario that they find in the MRI? Could Manu's foot be broken? If thats the case, could he be out for most of the season.

I shudder to think what would happen if it was broken.

Hatfield
12-01-2005, 11:46 PM
yah, that could be very bad. I hope the MRI comes back negative.

E20
12-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Nikos what happend to Cobra?

Nikos
12-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Nikos what happend to Cobra?

Turns out he was the disease. Therefore he no longer exists.

Horry For 3!
12-02-2005, 01:02 AM
Ginobili out with jammed right foot, Finley gets first start for Spurs

December 1, 2005
DALLAS (AP) -- Spurs guard Manu Ginobili missed Thursday night's game at Dallas because of a jammed right foot, and Michael Finley made his first start for San Antonio since being waived by the Mavericks.

Coach Gregg Popovich said Ginobili would have an MRI on his foot Friday morning.

"He can't go to his right. It's like a jam under the heel," Popovich said. "There's a lot of pain."

Ginobili hurt his foot in the Spurs' 90-84 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday night. Ginobili, who is averaging 15.1 points per game, scored 15 of his 22 points against the Lakers after halftime.

Finley was waived Aug. 15 by the Mavericks, who took advantage of a one-time amnesty provision that allowed them to avoid luxury taxes on the $51.8 million owed their captain over three seasons. Finley was a two-time All-Star during his 8 1/2 seasons with the Mavs.

It was the Spurs' second game in Dallas this season. Finley had only two points in 27 minutes in his first game against the Mavs on Nov. 5, a game the Spurs lost 103-84

SequSpur
12-02-2005, 01:07 AM
every other game................

Nikos
12-02-2005, 01:33 AM

Let's hope its not EVERY OTHER SEASON.

exstatic
12-02-2005, 08:14 AM
Vag-insanity still out?

:fro

spurschick
12-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Time to open a bottle of Quilmes and pour it on the ground. Must light all candles. Voodoo ankle/foot healing ritual will commence shortly.

Walton Buys Off Me
12-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Manu will be fine.

I spoke to him last night- he's in pain, but it's nothing serious. Just precautionary.

nkdlunch
12-02-2005, 10:24 AM

every other thread......

Nikos
12-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Manu will be fine.

I spoke to him last night- he's in pain, but it's nothing serious. Just precautionary.

?

nkdlunch
12-02-2005, 11:18 AM
?

unfortunately some fellow posters are into heavy drugs

Vashner
12-02-2005, 11:26 AM
I wonder if it's with contrast.. that sucks to drink the radioactive shake.

Bruno
12-02-2005, 12:48 PM
I hope TP is right :

http://www.tp9.net/en/itw.php?id=99

What can you tell us about Ginobili ?
Parker : He hurt his foot against Los Angeles but nothing to worry about. He should be back tomorrow against Philadelphia.

The rest of the interview is quite interesting with a TP full of humility.

ALVAREZ6
12-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Fuck.

smeagol
12-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Fuck.
Why are you complaining? TP says Manu will be back tomorrow.

ALVAREZ6
12-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Why are you complaining? TP says Manu will be back tomorrow.
I don't care what TP said, from the way Pop talked about it, I don't see him playing tomorrow...and if he did, he could fuck it up even more.

I'm just pissed that he had to get hurt during this week, because as you know I only watch the nationally televised games and the 1 game that the Sixers play @ San Antonio, which is on local TV. Perfect chance to get 2 Spurs games in 3 nights (which never happens), and Manu isn't playing.

spurschick
12-02-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm just pissed that he had to get hurt during this week, because as you know I only watch the nationally televised games and the 1 game that the Sixers play @ San Antonio, which is on local TV. Perfect chance to get 2 Spurs games in 3 nights (which never happens), and Manu isn't playing.

It's not helping my fantasy team either, but HE LOOKS DAMN GOOD IN A SUIT! :spin

Sorry Alvie, I know that doesn't do anything for ya. :lol

ALVAREZ6
12-02-2005, 03:40 PM
It's not helping my fantasy team either, but HE LOOKS DAMN GOOD IN A SUIT! :spin

Yeah my fantasy team blew last night since Duncan sucked ass and Manu didn't play.

angel_luv
12-02-2005, 04:18 PM

Why does everything have to be about Alvie? :lol

Gino does wears a suit very well.

austinfan
12-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Another fan chiming in with the suit love. Note to TNT, Fox SW and ESPN: in future when Manu is injured and sitting out the game, please cut away to shots of him early and often. :)

ducks
12-02-2005, 06:10 PM
I don't care what TP said, from the way Pop talked about it, I don't see him playing tomorrow...and if he did, he could fuck it up even more.

tp you can take at face value
pop you never now
they do not call him cia for nothing :lol
he may want people to think he is hurt more then he is

TMTTRIO
12-02-2005, 06:33 PM
They just said it revealed a bone bruise and that he's day to day.

spurschick
12-02-2005, 07:04 PM
They just said it revealed a bone bruise and that he's day to day.

Aren't we all day to day? :lol

austinfan
12-02-2005, 08:24 PM
How does a bone get bruised, and how long does an injury like this generally take to heal? The selfish part of me wants him to be better and in a groove by the end of December, when I get to see the Spurs play the Pacers in San Antonio. But the fan in me wants him to take as long as he needs to in order to be really, fully well for the second half of the season.

hussker
12-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Bottom line is this...we really showed that we do not need Manu to win vs the second best in the west CALVES. Has to send them shuddering. We will need him in a finals series, however. I love Manu, as most of us do. He gives us the tangible and intangible every night. He shapes the game and makes it easier for TP/TD and everyone else.

Need Manu, no...Benefit with him, H3!! yes! Dude makes everyone better.

Get well soon my friend!

boutons
12-02-2005, 09:39 PM
google for "bone bruise", lots of info, even pictures.

mavsfan1000
12-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Hopefully both Ginobili, Stackhouse and Howard get healthy soon. Injuries suck. You can ask Kings fans what that is all about.