PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs vs. Celtics - Jan. 7, 2023

timvp
01-08-2023, 12:46 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-celtics-grades-40/

Wow, tbh.

Mr. Body
01-08-2023, 01:11 AM
I'd say the Cs were definitely playing down to the competition and had to pick it back up.

That said, they aren't a superior team to me. They depend so much on two guys being unstoppable -- maybe Brogdan is the missing piece, but they seem just as uninspiring as they've been for like four years now.

Lucky for them the whole league pretty much sucks right now.

Branham -- happy he's not completely awful on defense, a big improvement there.

Langford -- I don't know whether I believe in him or not. I think his defense is a bit overrated, but that may be due to a smaller size and frankly being on a fucking awful defensive team. He gets his nose in there on boards, though. Overall he's playing more minutes than he ever has, is shooting better from anywhere but 3, and is only 23. I just don't know.

Jones -- He's money with that floater, man. He's good around the rim.

Mr. Body
01-08-2023, 01:12 AM
We started the game with four non-shooters and Zach Colins, btw. Holy hell.

offset formation
01-08-2023, 01:13 AM
Too damn close.

slick'81
01-08-2023, 01:22 AM
Loss is a loss

exstatic
01-08-2023, 10:27 AM
We started the game with four non-shooters and Zach Colins, btw. Holy hell.

Probably the reason we were down 13-2.

Spurs Homer
01-08-2023, 01:00 PM
Luckily pop still has his moments -
had he given branhams minutes to stanley - it would have been a win...

but

focus on the prize and keep the ultimate goal in mind.

Good job pop!

Maddog
01-08-2023, 01:11 PM
I'd say the Cs were definitely playing down to the competition and had to pick it back up.

That said, they aren't a superior team to me. They depend so much on two guys being unstoppable -- maybe Brogdan is the missing piece, but they seem just as uninspiring as they've been for like four years now.

Lucky for them the whole league pretty much sucks right now.

Branham -- happy he's not completely awful on defense, a big improvement there.

Langford -- I don't know whether I believe in him or not. I think his defense is a bit overrated, but that may be due to a smaller size and frankly being on a fucking awful defensive team. He gets his nose in there on boards, though. Overall he's playing more minutes than he ever has, is shooting better from anywhere but 3, and is only 23. I just don't know.

Jones -- He's money with that floater, man. He's good around the rim.

Earlier in the year Jones was struggling with the floater. I've always thought of him as a career backup. Probably still is, but he's becoming a consistent 3 point shot away from being a really interesting player.

John B
01-08-2023, 01:54 PM
That was enjoyable to watch, our young crew hanging with no less than the best record team, and almost beat them down the stretch.

Again, I like what I see in Zach. He is becomingly a consistent player out there, on both sides of the court. I like this guy’s fight most of all. He is never shy of mixing it out there, battling for extra possessions, blocking and just plain hustling.

Brahnam is continually impressive with his ballhandling. I did not expect it from him. I guess nobody did since they even tried JRich at PG with no success. You know teams will respect his range on pick and pop.

Stanley, again I like the maturity of his game. He is another one not shy on mixing it. He’s fighting for a contract. I just wish he continues to improve. I can see him as a great pickup, maybe even Bruce Bowen with ballhandling.

Tre continues to prove everyone that he belongs. I like his tenacity, fearless going to the rim, ala TP even with his game under the basket. He’s poised and composed, and can switch it on when he needed to score. I know he’ll just gonna get better.

JRich, McBuckets I’m sure Pop is just showcasing them for the inevitable. I would’ve loved them during championship years. I think other contenders would think so too.

It was competitive and we got the necessary L. It was a good day at the office :bobo

Fireball
01-09-2023, 08:14 AM
Jaylen Brown got his points, but he played a horrible game. But he held his head low the whole time so he probably knew it ...

Thomas82
01-09-2023, 05:24 PM
The Celtics were playing with their food Saturday night.