PDA

View Full Version : Most underrated candy (non chocolate)

SpursforSix
01-14-2023, 04:54 PM
I think it might be Mike and Ike. Crisp coating, chewy center, and good flavor. I’d rather have these than Skittles. Starburst and Hairbo gummy bears are the GOATS though.

Ef-man
01-14-2023, 05:44 PM
I think it might be Mike and Ike. Crisp coating, chewy center, and good flavor. I’d rather have these than Skittles. Starburst and Hairbo gummy bears are the GOATS though.

Am not into sweets but marzipan or Reese's Pieces beat all the other non-chocolate candies out there.

Spurs Homer
01-14-2023, 06:00 PM
Non-chocolate?

that is fucking UN-a murican!

SpursforSix
01-14-2023, 07:48 PM
Am not into sweets but marzipan or Reese's Pieces beat all the other non-chocolate candies out there.

Hey dummy, Reese’s Pieces have chocolate. And they’re certainly not underrated.

SpursforSix
01-14-2023, 07:49 PM
Non-chocolate?

that fucking UN-a murican!
It’s just a different category doofus.

Ef-man
01-15-2023, 12:36 AM
Hey dummy, Reese’s Pieces have chocolate. And they’re certainly not underrated.

Are you sure, as they are different than the Peanut Butter Cups?

(Hint: Center is peanut butter)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reese's_Piecesfor (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reese%27s_Pieces) Dummies on ST

baseline bum
01-15-2023, 01:58 AM

Berry Blast Mike & Ike is the shit. You ever had the German Haribo gummy bears? They're a little less sweet and they have a black currant bear that's not in the American ones that's awesome. The Christmas Haribo gummy bears were great since they were only raspberry (red) and strawberry (green), wish they ran them year round.

DeadlyDynasty
01-15-2023, 04:01 AM
German Haribos should be a Schedule I drug, imo. Too good.

I like the Sour gummy bears too. In Europe, Haribo has a sour gummy variation called Pasta Frutta which is my favorite. As for underrated, I like Swedish Fish.

For chocolate, those Take 5 Reeses with the pretzel inside are addictive. Whatchmacallits are underrated too. I never liked Milky Way, 3 Musketeers, or even Snickers tbh (although Ice cream snickers is amazing).

baseline bum
01-15-2023, 11:07 AM
German Haribos should be a Schedule I drug, imo. Too good.

I like the Sour gummy bears too. In Europe, Haribo has a sour gummy variation called Pasta Frutta which is my favorite. As for underrated, I like Swedish Fish.

For chocolate, those Take 5 Reeses with the pretzel inside are addictive. Whatchmacallits are underrated too. I never liked Milky Way, 3 Musketeers, or even Snickers tbh (although Ice cream snickers is amazing).

Completely agree on regular Snickers being overrated but Ice Cream Snickers being outstanding. My favorite candy bar doesn't even have any chocolate, it's PayDay by a mile.

Had to run to the store this morning so I picked up a box of the sour Mike & Ike and those ain't too bad either. Berry Blast is still my favorite Mike & Ike but I swear I only ever see them at Walmart.

GAustex
01-15-2023, 02:43 PM
Jolly Ranchers?

SpursforSix
01-15-2023, 03:16 PM
Berry Blast Mike & Ike is the shit. You ever had the German Haribo gummy bears? They're a little less sweet and they have a black currant bear that's not in the American ones that's awesome. The Christmas Haribo gummy bears were great since they were only raspberry (red) and strawberry (green), wish they ran them year round.

I’ve never had the Berry Blast but I’ll keep an eye out for them. Not sure if I’ve had the German Hairibo. I’ve bought some at World Market but don’t remember them being different. So maybe I haven’t. The Hairibo texture is what puts them at the top for me.

SpursforSix
01-15-2023, 03:17 PM
Jolly Ranchers?

That’s a good call.

Blake
01-15-2023, 09:36 PM
https://images.ibspot.com/uwm5064sm9vqo4wqdx9rm42ulqbh?width=400&height=400&format=jpg

Blake
01-15-2023, 09:37 PM
Jolly Ranchers?

I've never been a fan of hard candy tbh. And getting out of the wrapper can be a chore imo

steak n eggs
01-15-2023, 09:49 PM
Sweet tarts and Nerds. Although Nerds taste different to me now, almost like they changed the formula from the earlier days.

GAustex
01-15-2023, 09:50 PM
I've never been a fan of hard candy tbh. And getting out of the wrapper can be a chore imo
They can pull a filling out too
I like em
Watermelon

Blake
01-15-2023, 10:46 PM
They can pull a filling out too
I like em
Watermelon

Lol

Robz4000
01-15-2023, 11:08 PM
Mike n Ike and Starburst Jellybeans by far. As for chocolate, can't go wrong with Reese's imo.

SpursforSix
01-16-2023, 01:07 PM
Mike n Ike and Starburst Jellybeans by far. As for chocolate, can't go wrong with Reese's imo.

I mean the thread was "non chocolate". And not to mention Reese's is by far not underrated.

baseline bum
01-16-2023, 01:46 PM
Surprised no one has said Jelly Belly yet. The cotton candy one must be made of pure heroin.

Robz4000
01-16-2023, 01:59 PM
I mean the thread was "non chocolate". And not to mention Reese's is by far not underrated.

Saw people talking about chocolate in previous posts so thought I'd chime in. In particular Reese's Fast Breaks are amazing and definitely underrated.

spurraider21
01-16-2023, 02:21 PM
not really a fan of non-chocolate sweets in general. but sour gummies are generally ok

my go-to is just oreo thins

SpursforSix
01-16-2023, 02:50 PM
not really a fan of non-chocolate sweets in general. but sour gummies are generally ok

my go-to is just oreo thins

my go to is a turkey and cheese sandwich.
WTF.

SpursforSix
01-16-2023, 02:51 PM
Surprised no one has said Jelly Belly yet. The cotton candy one must be made of pure heroin.

Total Yuck.

Blake
01-16-2023, 04:48 PM
my go to is a turkey and cheese sandwich.
WTF.

But does it contain chocolate

SpursforSix
01-16-2023, 05:03 PM
But does it contain chocolate

No. It doesn't.

But if I'm pressed to bring up a weird ass meal, it's peanut butter bacon cheese toast.

Spurs Homer
01-17-2023, 04:21 PM
This is a protest post

this thread sucks until chocolate is in da game!

fuck chocolate-less candy tbh

this thread is officially under protest
even OP’s momma loves chocolate

choco cock that is…

SpursforSix
01-17-2023, 04:25 PM
This is a protest post

this thread sucks until chocolate is in da game!

fuck chocolate-less candy tbh

this thread is officially under protest
even OP’s momma loves chocolate

There's times when I want chocolate and times where I don't. I'm sure most people get this.

choco cock that is…

Sometimes chocolate candy is good. Sometimes, I want something different. I'm sure everyone gets this.
Thanks for your input Aaron.

DJR210
01-17-2023, 08:52 PM

Jelly Belly are awesome. Love guessing the flavors with the kids. I can literally chug life savers gummies too

SpursforSix
01-17-2023, 09:01 PM
Jelly Belly are awesome. Love guessing the flavors with the kids. I can literally chug life savers gummies too

Jelly Bellies are basically small Mike and Ike’s but with some shitty flavors thrown in.

X2 on Lifesavers Gummies. That’s good shit.

FrostKing
01-18-2023, 06:12 AM
Are Gushers still around?

Gummies still best bet.Jelly beans are underrated if good quality.

Worms, nerds, ... WARHEADS

FrostKing
01-18-2023, 06:19 AM
Non-chocolate?

that is fucking UN-a murican!
America has the best snacks - chips & sugar candy

Europeans are the Chocolate

SpursforSix
01-18-2023, 12:04 PM
Are Gushers still around?

Gummies still best bet.Jelly beans are underrated if good quality.

Worms, nerds, ... WARHEADS

Warheads are pretty damn awesome. But I'll go overboard and either burn the shit out of my tongue or destroy all the enamel on my teeth.

SpursforSix
01-18-2023, 12:40 PM
https://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/604025/87334481.jpg

Chucho
01-18-2023, 01:22 PM
Jellybelly are delish, but Starbust jellybeans are more under the radar.

Chico sticks are underrated.

SpursforSix
01-18-2023, 01:38 PM
Jellybelly are delish, but Starbust jellybeans are more under the radar.

Chico sticks are underrated.

lol at Chico sticks.

Millennial_Messiah
01-18-2023, 01:58 PM
Fresh fruit is the best candy imo.

SpursforSix
01-18-2023, 02:02 PM
Fresh fruit is the best candy imo.

Thanks once again for contributing nothing.

koriwhat
01-18-2023, 02:56 PM
Not necessarily candy but def sugar stuff... Drizzilicious Birthday Cake. It's like small rice patties of sort with sugary icing type stuff on top. I'm not big on their other flavors and you can find them in HEB. My one bad vice I can't seem to shake. :lol

Millennial_Messiah
01-18-2023, 02:57 PM
Thanks once again for contributing nothing.

I don't eat added sugary stuff really

SpursforSix
01-18-2023, 02:59 PM
I don't eat added sugary stuff really

Good for you. Thanks for your thoughts on a thread about candy.

Xevious
01-18-2023, 05:17 PM
I generally like chocolate better - Dove chocolates or Peanut Butter M&Ms. Non chocolate go-tos are Twizzlers, Starburst, and Skittles. Not sure any of those are underrated though.

Millennial_Messiah
01-18-2023, 05:47 PM
Good for you. Thanks for your thoughts on a thread about candy.

As a kid, other than chocolates, I really liked fruit roll ups, fruit by the foot or whatever they're called. The multi colored ones were so cool when I was like 9 or 10. I'd make all sorts of designs and then eat them.

Millennial_Messiah
01-18-2023, 05:49 PM
Middle school my favorite was probably the sour gummy worms. Preferably Haribo, but, I wasn't picky.

High school my favorite was probably (definitely) the happy cola Haribo little cola bottle cola favored gummies. That and a Mega Monster (the original flavor one with the green pop can lid, not sure if they still make those) from CVS was how I'd spend my morning preparing for big exams/tests. Not healthy for sure, and not me now, but that got me through high school and didn't make me fat.

Millennial_Messiah
01-18-2023, 05:54 PM
I also ate cracker jack for lunch (that's it - no breakfast either) when I chose to eat lunch instead of doing homework during my lunch period in high school. I didn't go to a title one school where the lunches were free, so, cracker jack was the economical option and not necessarily even less healthy.

Tyronn Lue
01-20-2023, 12:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EoSj4SPXUAAoZYF.jpg

Candy Loving

Non-chocolate version

SpursforSix
01-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Middle school my favorite was probably the sour gummy worms. Preferably Haribo, but, I wasn't picky.

High school my favorite was probably (definitely) the happy cola Haribo little cola bottle cola favored gummies. That and a Mega Monster (the original flavor one with the green pop can lid, not sure if they still make those) from CVS was how I'd spend my morning preparing for big exams/tests. Not healthy for sure, and not me now, but that got me through high school and didn't make me fat.

Mother fucker. You can't even pick the best Haribo candy. I bet if Hairbo made a doodie flavored gummy, that'd be your top choice.

SpursforSix
01-20-2023, 12:51 PM
Are you sure, as they are different than the Peanut Butter Cups?

(Hint: Center is peanut butter)

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reese%27s_Pieces)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reese's_Piecesfor Dummies on ST

Sorry...I finally got back to this. You're right...they don't have chocolate.
I guess I should have been more specific in my OP. But to me, that's in the candy bar category even though it's not a candy bar.
For me, the most underrated in the candy bar category is PayDay or Take5

SpursforSix
01-20-2023, 12:52 PM
I guess I should have been more specific in my OP. But to me, that's in the candy bar category even though it's not a candy bar.

And if I want to expand the category, it's damn hard to beat Little Debbie's Nutty Bar.

Adam Lambert
01-20-2023, 01:50 PM
+1 for Jelly Belly

SpursforSix
01-20-2023, 02:06 PM
+1 for Jelly Belly

Jelly Belly's are miniature Mike and Ike's. And unless you're specifically ordering online, you're going to get a bunch of crappy flavors. I don't know of any normal store where I can get Jelly Bellys. Much less, get only flavors that I want. It's exactly why Starburst and Hairbo are the goats. Here's you fucking four or five flavors. Even though I don't really like pineapple for Hairbo.

DeadlyDynasty
01-20-2023, 02:26 PM
Take 5:tu:tu

Adam Lambert
01-20-2023, 02:30 PM
Jelly Belly's are miniature Mike and Ike's. And unless you're specifically ordering online, you're going to get a bunch of crappy flavors. I don't know of any normal store where I can get Jelly Bellys. Much less, get only flavors that I want. It's exactly why Starburst and Hairbo are the goats. Here's you fucking four or five flavors. Even though I don't really like pineapple for Hairbo.

The variety is exactly why I prefer Jelly Bellys. It's a different candy every time, and it's fun to guess as well as mix and match.

SpursforSix
01-20-2023, 03:12 PM
The variety is exactly why I prefer Jelly Bellys. It's a different candy every time, and it's fun to guess as well as mix and match.

You're more adventurous than me. I know I like all flavors of Mike and Ike's and Starburst. And all of the Hairbo gummy bears except pineapple. But I'm usually eating more than one so it blends in.
Jelly Belly throws some weird shit in there. I don't want to be eating a mixture of orange, lemon, and cotton candy.

SpursforSix
03-31-2023, 01:40 PM
Until yesterday, I'd never bought any Haribo products besides the original gummy bears and the sour version (which I didn't think were great. Yesterday, they were out of original gummy bears so I bought something called, "Starmix". It's a combination of "All your favorites". There were a bunch of snakes in the package which were awesome...had more flavor than the regular gummy bears. Also, some kind of gummy cherries which were also good. The only downside was some random cola flavored gummies. They also had some of the regular bears stuck in there. I have to say that the superior worms and cherry things were enough to make this better than a pack of standard gummies. The worms and cherry things were tarter than anything in the regular gummy bears. I will continue to investigate the various Hairbo products.

baseline bum
03-31-2023, 01:51 PM
Until yesterday, I'd never bought any Haribo products besides the original gummy bears and the sour version (which I didn't think were great. Yesterday, they were out of original gummy bears so I bought something called, "Starmix". It's a combination of "All your favorites". There were a bunch of snakes in the package which were awesome...had more flavor than the regular gummy bears. Also, some kind of gummy cherries which were also good. The only downside was some random cola flavored gummies. They also had some of the regular bears stuck in there. I have to say that the superior worms and cherry things were enough to make this better than a pack of standard gummies. The worms and cherry things were tarter than anything in the regular gummy bears. I will continue to investigate the various Hairbo products.

You can get the worms and cherries separate. The worms are called Twin Snakes, and come with two stuck together: one sweet, one sour.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/haribo-twin-snakes-sweet-sour-gummi-candy-5-oz/1930951

Here's the cherries

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/haribo-happy-cherries-gummi-candy-5-oz/134262

I like the Happy Colas too, but the Fizzy Cola with the same sour coating the Sour Gummy Bears have is far superior. I don't see them that often though in stores.

https://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-Candy-Fizzy-Cola/dp/B000EVT06K

I used to also really like the Haribo Colorado packs.

https://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Color-Rado-Gummi-Candy-7-1oz/dp/B000MBZGBA

Those were variety packs like Starmix but would come with some of their licorice candy too, and would have a few of the German flavor gummy bears you can't get in the US packs. I used to get them at World Market but no idea if they still carry them since now just use Amazon whenever I want German Haribo candy. The German gummy bears are less sweet so the fruit flavor is more pronounced and they have some flavors like black currant not in the US ones.

Chucho
03-31-2023, 02:42 PM
Happy cherries are pretty fucking good.

SpursforSix
03-31-2023, 03:05 PM
You can get the worms and cherries separate. The worms are called Twin Snakes, and come with two stuck together: one sweet, one sour.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/haribo-twin-snakes-sweet-sour-gummi-candy-5-oz/1930951

Here's the cherries

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/haribo-happy-cherries-gummi-candy-5-oz/134262

I like the Happy Colas too, but the Fizzy Cola with the same sour coating the Sour Gummy Bears have is far superior. I don't see them that often though in stores.

Those were variety packs like Starmix but would come with some of their licorice candy too, and would have a few of the German flavor gummy bears you can't get in the US packs. I used to get them at World Market but no idea if they still carry them since now just use Amazon whenever I want German Haribo candy. The German gummy bears are less sweet so the fruit flavor is more pronounced and they have some flavors like black currant not in the US ones.

yeah...I was sure I could get it all separately. But at the Dollar General I go do, it's usually just the original, the sour, and this variety pack. I mean, it's not like I eat them all the time. But damn...you know a shit load about their products.

SpursforSix
03-31-2023, 03:08 PM

Here's the cherries

Happy cherries are pretty fucking good.

What they have down pat is the consistency. They're not to mushy and not too sticky. TBH, I think I'd rather have them less sweet and more tart. But not by virtue of coating them with citric acid powder. Plus please get rid of the pineapple ones. My favorites of the original pack are lemon and orange.

baseline bum
03-31-2023, 03:19 PM
yeah...I was sure I could get it all separately. But at the Dollar General I go do, it's usually just the original, the sour, and this variety pack. I mean, it's not like I eat them all the time. But damn...you know a shit load about their products.

Haribo has been my favorite candy since I was a little kid. Pretty much like everything they make other than the Sour Kicks, those suck.

What they have down pat is the consistency. They're not to mushy and not too sticky. TBH, I think I'd rather have them less sweet and more tart.

Speaking of less sweet and more tart I finally tried some strawberry Kit Kat from the Japanese market and they taste so different from typical strawberry candy I'm used to from the US. It's got some sourness in it as opposed to just tasting like a sugar bomb. Pretty good, wish they made these in the US too since then they'd cost 1/3 the price. Though when I tried Pocky's strawberry (another Japanese candy brand) it tasted like typical strawberry candy.

SpursforSix
03-31-2023, 03:40 PM
Haribo has been my favorite candy since I was a little kid. Pretty much like everything they make other than the Sour Kicks, those suck.

Speaking of less sweet and more tart I finally tried some strawberry Kit Kat from the Japanese market and they taste so different from typical strawberry candy I'm used to from the US. It's got some sourness in it as opposed to just tasting like a sugar bomb. Pretty good, wish they made these in the US too since then they'd cost 1/3 the price. Though when I tried Pocky's strawberry (another Japanese candy brand) it tasted like typical strawberry candy.

Same...before they were widely available, my aunt would always bring me packs of them (she was a stewardess). Now they're all over the place. For a few weeks, the Dollar General near me seemed to have fucked up they're pricing. They'd have the large Hairbo Goldbears priced for a dollar next to a bunch of other stuff that was about 1/4 of the net weight. Eventually, the replaced them with the smaller single pack and moved the large ones to where they should have been.

x2. There's a World Market next to a Half Priced books I sometimes go to. They have a bunch of imported stuff like the Japanese strawberry Kit Kats. They're great. Also, the Matcha Tea Kit Kats were surprisingly good. Sometimes, we'll buy the box of assorted Japanese candy but it's hit or miss. Half will be good and half will be just a little off.

leemajors
03-31-2023, 04:16 PM
Same...before they were widely available, my aunt would always bring me packs of them (she was a stewardess). Now they're all over the place. For a few weeks, the Dollar General near me seemed to have fucked up they're pricing. They'd have the large Hairbo Goldbears priced for a dollar next to a bunch of other stuff that was about 1/4 of the net weight. Eventually, the replaced them with the smaller single pack and moved the large ones to where they should have been.

x2. There's a World Market next to a Half Priced books I sometimes go to. They have a bunch of imported stuff like the Japanese strawberry Kit Kats. They're great. Also, the Matcha Tea Kit Kats were surprisingly good. Sometimes, we'll buy the box of assorted Japanese candy but it's hit or miss. Half will be good and half will be just a little off.

I lived in Frankfurt from 82-84 and got spoiled on Haribo

Joseph Kony
03-31-2023, 07:59 PM
https://www.roundeyesupply.com/Images/Products/DOT%20Foods/Dot%20Food%20Images%209.26/DE536737.jpg

SpursforSix
03-31-2023, 08:53 PM
https://www.roundeyesupply.com/Images/Products/DOT%20Foods/Dot%20Food%20Images%209.26/DE536737.jpg

I don’t like that white stuff the put on the other side.